pasted_image (resized).png
1c6b92ca89c98fbc3e43e1d285c4cb24.gif
Screenshot_20240316-204400_Brave (resized).jpg
pasted_image.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (51 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (4 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2,407 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 1 of 10.
#2790 9 years ago

Get used to it.

image-941.jpgimage-941.jpg

1 week later
#2828 9 years ago

Go Bengal cats!!!!!image-363.jpgimage-363.jpg

1 week later
#2937 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I've never been a Steelers fan but I always liked Harrison. I mean I hated him, but it was really impressive the way he went from undrafted player (and from my untrained eye a potential bipolar nutcase) to all-pro (and probably still bipolar nutcase) Guys who can make a great career out of seeming nothing are my favorites!

You should start watching Vontaze Burfict then. The guy is an absolute animal on the field.

#2952 9 years ago

Hahahaha. Steelers just shit the bed on that one.

#2977 9 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

This week against the Bengals will be a huge challenge for the Patriots.

I would like to agree with you, but this is a tailor made type of game that the Bengals always fine a way to lose. When it comes down to it, the Patriots are still dangerous when they are at their most weak state, so I wouldn't be surprised if they won Sunday night. Either way though, I think the Bengals will be okay with a win or a loss Sunday night (assuming no terrible injuries). Plus, no one is going to give the Bengals respect until they win in the playoffs. I have enjoyed the ride so far this year, I hope they can keep it going.

Whodey!

#3026 9 years ago

Come on bengals. Let's get this monkey of your backs.

#3028 9 years ago

Well the Bengals sure shit the bed last night. Just glad there were no major injuries.

10 months later
#4215 8 years ago

Here's to the bengals not shitting the bed in the playoffs again this year! Whodey!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4218 8 years ago

Always sucks to see this stuff dude. If anyone can survive a loss like this, I think it's the packers though.

Kelvin Benjamin and panthers though... That's another story.

2 weeks later
#4257 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I went with the Seahawks D early on, hope they do well until they play the Pack the 2nd time in Lambeau!
Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 1.47.15 AM.png

Wasted a pick on Julius Thomas IMO. I like that Gio pick though. Haha

#4287 8 years ago

Brady was an absolute steal for me in the 9th round.

#4295 8 years ago

Here we go!! Good luck to everyone's teams except for Oakland fans! Oh and Steelers, Browns, and Ravens fans.

#4301 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Arodge 2 Cobb, the most beautiful Td pass a man can ever watch.

Go wildcats!! Randall Cobb is a beast.

#4302 8 years ago

Sunday funday double post

#4311 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Cobb is the man! A player this day in age to pass up stupid money from Oakland to play with a legit franchise is what the Pack is all about.

Dude he was one of the most loved players in UK football history. I know that ain't saying much, but when he went pack I was like hell yeah, he is gonna kill there.

#4324 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I declare Bears season over, they fucking suck.

I declare the raiders season to be over. THEY FUCKING SUCK.

#4349 8 years ago

Holy shit! That's insane. How have I never heard anything on this?

#4358 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Here is my problem....Adrian Peterson gets suspended for a year for punishing his child a bit too harsh but a player assaults another player on the field and gets a bush-league fine.
If one of you assaulted a co-worker.....How do you think that would go?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000531704/article/adam-jones-fined-35000-for-amari-cooper-incident

I agree that what Jones did was ridiculous, and he probably should've been suspended. But calling what he did assault is a bit much I think. If what he did on the field was assault, then so was the closed fist punch cooper gave him moments before was too. A player that doesn't have the ball cannot do what cooper did to Jones.

http://m.700wlw.com/onair/eddie-tracy-46880/wait-waitdid-amari-cooper-punch-adam-13945575/

Also, comparing a defenseless child to grown men fighting on the football field is completely different too.

Also, I am totally a bias Bengals fan and I was embarrassed at what I saw on Sunday.

#4360 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That's tough to tell what happens in that video, looks like a stiff arm to the face mask attempt

I agree, but my point was that you cannot stiff arm a player when you don't have the ball and they are not trying to tackle you. Cooper made an illegal block essentially and it went unnoticed. Then Pacman got all pissy and did what he did. Again, Pacman is the one at fault and deserves a suspension, but not as egregious as a lot of people have made it out to be IMO.

#4366 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Settle down, he's not condoning child abuse. I'm not sure how you read that..?
Whatever your thoughts, AP served a penalty that was not insignificant. Pacman gets no penalty for an assault. Are you condoning assault?

If it was assault he would've been arrested, forget suspensions.

#4368 8 years ago

The intent was to harm him outside of normal play. Why isn't that assault?
We see this all too often, I'm not sure why it's not considered assault to stop on someone's head, kick someone in the balls, or slam their head against the ground or helmet after a play is over?
I'm no lawyer, but why wouldn't this qualify as assault/battery? The intent was clear. This occurred outside of normal play, so I would think that any implied consent from being a football player wouldn't be relevant. I don't believe a professional athlete should be immune to egregious attempts to harm others in between plays just because their profession is inherently violent.

I agree, and that is a very good question. It does seem that a lot of these scrums that occur after the play is over are totally instances where the players would face legal action had it happened outside on the streets. Either way, It was stupid, and I hope I don't see anything like that again this year, but I think that is wishful thinking.

#4372 8 years ago

I hope the bengals don't shit the bed this week. This game has let down written all over it against the Chargers. Not saying the Chargers area terrible team, but I think this is a game the Bengals should win. We will see. Look for me in the stands! I'll be the one in Bengals gear.

#4378 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Have you guys seen the pictures of JPP's hand? He's missing half of his thumb.

Yes.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Gross

#4384 8 years ago

Fantasy: Tom Brady against the Bills, or Romo v Philly? Basically I don't think I should sit a healthy Brady this year, but I am willing to hear arguments.

#4386 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Bills D is great. Romo didn't play well until the last 2 mins of the game against the giants. I would say Brady but the bills are going to be in his grill all day. Typical rex blitz fest.

Yeah, that is my only concern about Brady, but he destroyed the Bills in Buffalo last year, and didn't play in the other game. Brady does kinda stink against Rex teams, but I feel like if Romo beats out Brady on Sunday, it wont be by much, and Brady's upside is way higher than Romo's

#4391 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Fantasy Pro's metadata says Romo over Brady in week two 78% to 22%.

I guess I can afford to take the risk even though my gut says Brady. We each have 7 players left to play and I'm up over 20 points already. He had macklin and kelce and I had sanders and Charles.

#4393 8 years ago

Started romo over Brady. Brady killing it. Standard. Haha

#4400 8 years ago

I went against my gut. Here's to Dallas trowing all night. Also I still should win the league I sat Brady so not as bad as it could've been.

#4438 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And the bills do have the #1 rated defense this year from a fantasy perspective.

Not anymore they don't. Just like CJ Anderson is no longer a top ten RB.

#4440 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I can't see how Anderson ever was with how bad that O-Line in denver is right now.

I certainly hope they figure it out. I got great value with him as my keeper. He was a 13th round pick. Unfortunately he hasn't even played good enough to have warranted a 13th round pick on him haha.

#4454 8 years ago

Haha. Bengals game yesterday had a 30 yard pass to an OT, now tonight there was a pass attempt to another offensive lineman. Is this the new wildcat? Haha

#4464 8 years ago

They were 0-2 to start last season.

#4471 8 years ago

So the Broncos are playing the very questionable Lions this week. The Lions have been awful against the run. What does everyone think about having Anderson and Hillman starting? The reason why I ask is that these two are splitting the carries pretty evenly so far, and last year Gio and Hill for the Bengals were a really good pair to start in fantasy for a long stretch of the year. I just think this could be a similar situation for the DEN backs this year assuming the matchup is good.

#4474 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Broncos are 29th in the league right now for rushing, that would be a big gamble.

agreed. Well here are my other RBs:

Abdullah (hasn't touched the ball more than like 10 times in either game, and DEN defense has been good so far)
Gio (hasn't done well against the Ravens yet, and I think it's a trap game for the Bengals so sloppy city)
Ivory (already starting him)

I would like to have a RB at flex, but I do have Cooks and Funchess as other flex options.

#4477 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

James Starks would be a no brainer if Lacy is out. Brees is iffy now, I was assuming that was Brandin Cooks.

Yeah Brandin cooks. I don't have Starks. But I agree he is a must start if Lacy cannot go.

#4478 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Brees is out , Cooks is hurt, Funchess is a bust so far, if I've had Funchess in -2 and 14 team leagues and dropped him in both. I'd go with Ginn before Funchess

I think it's way too early to give up on funchess. We all know what Ted ginn is, but we have yet to see what funchess can do with some real action. I'll hold onto him for now, but all Carolina receivers this year are far from sexy.

#4487 8 years ago

Not sure I get it. Is that money they are still paying players that are no longer on their team? If so, that sucks.

#4489 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Money against their salary cap

But I don't get how players that are no longer on your team count against your salary cap if you are not actually paying them?

#4491 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So teams just cant cut high priced players and not deal with a sort of penalty against them.

Okay I see. So it goes against the cap, but you're not paying them. Makes sense now. Never new they did it that way.

#4494 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That would be pretty crazy if the Ravens still had to pay Ray Rice his 9mill this year, how F'ed up would that be.

I know, haha. I was like, damn. that sucks for the Ravens haha.

#4495 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Money that was allocated back for years that the players were on the team needs to be charged to the cap once they leave. Roster bonuses hit the cap the year it is earned. Signing bonuses are allowed to get spread around. Others could elaborate more but that's the basics of it I guess.

Interesting. I guess I always thought the salary cap was a lot more black and white. Now, is it just me, or is this game tonight going to be the worst Thursday night football game in history?

#4498 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

No, worst game was listening the Berman and Dilfer in the second game season opener, fuckin painful!

True. But to be fair that was MNF

#4510 8 years ago

Brees's cap hit for next year is over 27 million. Whoa

#4519 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

LOL!!
2012 YR1: 40 MIL guaranteed= 3M base PLUS remaining signing bonus of 37M
2013 YR2: remaining signing bonus of 29.6M
2014 YR3: remaining signing bonus of 22.2M
2015 YR4: 38.8M = (current year, so if cut tomorrow all categories are dead $$, hence the increase) 18.75 base, WO bonus 250K, remaining signing bonus 14.8M
2016:YR5: (assumption cut prior to wo bonus and first game) remaining signing bonus of 7.4M

Carry the 4....

#4524 8 years ago

It's gonna be a Bengals Ravens showdown today!! I hope the Bengals don't get Munsoned

#4526 8 years ago

Sloppy win for bengals too. But I'll take it. Dalton showed he can come back from a sloppy game and win his team a tough road game. Great win and Ravens season is all but over.

#4533 8 years ago

Anybody have AJ Green in fantasy? Whoa baby he had a day.

#4535 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

My wife's team has him, on the bench LOL! along with the Falcons RB Freeman! HA. She is still going to win though over a poorly run TrilogyBeer team.
I love that Cardinals commercial where the husband rips out the fence to take to the game. Thats funny shit!!!! What????????

Haha yeah that's great. The Xbox fantasy commercial is good too.

#4540 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Um, this is seriously the worst ass whooping I have ever seen in fantasy football. Great road game Bears!
Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 6.38.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 6.37.20 PM.png

Wow. That should count as two losses. Haha

#4543 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No worries, the pair of Lions should bring a W!
Who would have thought after 3 weeks the only contender against the Pack in the division would be the Vikings?

I thought the Vikings would definitely be improved, but not in contention at all.

#4545 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Yeah, the guy I played had AJ. Needless to say I got smoked since he got twice as much as Megatron and D. Thomas got for me.

I feel for ya. I played the guy that had this ridiculous lineup:

Chris Johnson
Joseph Randle
AJ Green

He beat me with just those three players haha.

#4566 8 years ago

Glad the Ravens won. If the bengals can somehow beat the Chiefs this weekend, the afc north will be firmly in their grasp before the first month is finished. Bring it!

#4569 8 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Nice start to the morning! Up $200 already. Thank you Jets.20151004_094840.jpg

Looks like 150 to me. Heyo!

#4577 8 years ago

Bengals have to be amongst the leagues elite this year. They make stops when they matter the most, and Andy dalton is playing better than anyone ever thought he could. Whodey!!

I know they still have to prove themselves in the playoffs, but I'm impressed so far this year.

#4606 8 years ago

Just pulled off a good trade. I was able to dump the DEN RBs off on someone else for Latavis Murray.

#4609 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I am not familiar with that rule either. If you cannot bat the ball out of the end zone then the refs clearly missed the call. Megatron can't catch a break with some of these rules. I needed Megatron to score 14 points for me and he didn't come close. Seahawks have been getting some kind calls from the refs. First it was the Fail Mary and now this.

Hopefully a call like this doesn't decide the bengals Seahawks game either. Gonna be a huge matchup this Sunday. Also hope it's nothing like the game was last night. That was like watching paint dry.

#4612 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I love my Seahawks, but the way our offensive line is playing right now it'll be a tough game next weekend.
Sacking Russell seems so easy right now, I wish we still had Unger

Bengals D line is nasty, but they are overdue for a let down game. Should be a good game though as long as the refs call it well. Also, the bengals home crowd doesn't get that loud, so not as tough a place to play as sea, gb, or KC

#4614 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I was high on Murray as well, but he looked awful against an awful Chi D. He was benched for Reese down the stretch

At this point, anyone is better than either Denver RB imo

#4618 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

If they finally decide to go with Hillman more often he might have some value, CJ has been a bust

Totally agree. But when I saw they were running the pistol all day Sunday, I have the feeling these two are going to cancel each other out the rest of the season. I wanted to dump them for a bell cow, and I'm glad I did. We will see.

#4621 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Whats worse, a philly fan cheering for jets and giants, so I can get 25 cent dunkin donuts med coffee.

Without knowing you at all, I'd say you've reached a new low.

#4626 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Texans are so bad it's unbelievable, hope watt walks away to play for the packers

Looks like we're in for another craptastic TNF!

#4628 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Mr. Gore needs to end up in the endzone, got him in fantasy!

Hey Ronnie. Wondered if you cared to make a friendly wager on the Seahawks bengals game? Here is what I was thinking:

If the bengals win, I mail you a bengals hat or tshirt you have to be seen wearing at the next Seahawks game you attend (just a quick pic of you wearing it at the game is fine), and vice versa if Seahawks win. Loser pays shipping of the item.

#4630 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Sure! I plan on making it to at least one sea chickens game this year.

Cool. I'll be at the game Sunday and at least one more. Should be fun.

#4633 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im rolling with Gore tonight too, just run away from Watt's side all night and he should be good.

Me three. Let's go Gore!!

#4640 8 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Any of you guys on fan dual, draft kings or just in private leagues?

I haven't done DFS yet. Been doing private since like 2000 though. Getting tired of it to be honest.

#4645 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Forced to start Duke Johnson and Ronnie Hillman at RB this week.

Yuck. Haha

#4654 8 years ago

Welp. Pretty sure this ones over. Congrats Seahawks fans. Bengals are clearly not ready to play with the big dogs and the refs really need to chill it out with the ridiculous flags.

#4655 8 years ago

If you can, switch your channel to the bengals Seattle game now.

#4659 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Especially since the "Bengals are clearly not ready to play with the big dogs"

I will eat my words on that. The bengals I know and love would not end that game TD TD FG. Win or lose, this has been one of the best games of the year for sure.

#4664 8 years ago

Wow. Obviously I thought the bengals were gonna lose, but they surprised me today and hopefully it's a sign of things to come. We will see. Lots of football left. Hopefully bengals v Seahawks in the Super Bowl! Haha.

Also, bengals are the first afc north team to start 5-0. That's nuts. Pittsburgh went 15-1 one year.

#4672 8 years ago

Just heard Rapelistburger might come back next week. That is insane. I feel like if that injury happened to anyone else, they would be out most of the season. Pretty sure he has made a deal with the devil. Haha

#4701 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Here's hoping the Saints actually come to play tonight, divisional match up, they know each other well......hopefully not a stinker

I have fantasy players in a Thursday night game. Always makes me nervous. Haha

#4704 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I feel ya, I have Ryan, Bryant, and Atlanta's Defense

Haha. Not looking good for you or me. Btw, that bengals shirt ships tomorrow! I'm sure you're really excited. Haha

#4712 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Bengals @ Bills Nice defensive SlugFest, we get to see what Daltons made of today

To be fair I think we all saw that last week, but I do think this is gonna be a slugfest and low scoring.

#4713 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Panthers @ Seahawks Go Hawks, Defensive Dominance!

Did you see that the panthers hotel fire alarm was tripped at 5:30 am? Haha. Seahawks fans are pulling out all the stops!

#4715 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dalton has proved nothing to me, big road wins are when you get to see the true grit of a man

Fair enough. He hasn't proved anything to me until he plays well in the playoffs. But last week was a game they always lose, and dalton is a big reason why they won. So for me he proved he is becoming a very great reg season QB. Gotta perform in the playoffs though to finally get the rest of the skeptics off his back.

#4717 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Agreed. Without looking it up he is 0-4 so far career wise?
Edit---I then looked it up, wow, his numbers have been horrific in the post season
Screen Shot 2015-10-18 at 9.36.22 AM.png

Yep. But the team as a whole has played just as bad. They have been one of the worst teams statistically the last four years in the playoffs. If they make it back this year, I will be truly surprised if it doesn't end similarly. It's tough to break a stigma like that.

#4719 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well, at least you know you won't have to make a road trip to Houston in January.
Edit----Hopefully the Pack does you a solid and drops a big L on the Carchargers record today

Yeah. That would be nice. And would like to see the Browns beat the Broncos.

#4721 8 years ago

So what the hell happened to this amazing bills defense? I didn't expect them to get torched today, but I'll take it! Whodey!!

#4724 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thank you steelers!

Only the steelers can win with a 3rd string QB and a horrible defense. Just ridiculous.

#4727 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I hate the steelers!

They are seriously the worst. Haha

#4729 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nah, worst is a franchise that has never won a superbowl

I don't mean from a talent standpoint. I mean from an intangible standpoint. Granted Big Ben is the only thing left from that team that I have hated for the past ten years, but they still have tomlin who I think is scum. No class.

#4733 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I knew what you meant. I enjoyed the Cowher years tremendously. Steelers rock!

I'm gonna have to take a shower. I feel dirty all over from seeing you say that. Haha

#4734 8 years ago

How bad are the Ravens btw? Supposed to win the afc north this year. Haha

#4742 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Whatever chump. And now Im rooting against the Bengals for you thumbing it Up Chuck.

Haha. Sorry. The thumbs up was for the ugly unis. All I care about is Rodgers not scoring a TD. Playing against him in fantasy.

#4744 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I've got you marked down for arm wrestling when we meet

Haha. I'm down.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#4746 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I don't know if you saw but I was 4-0 at Explosion. Im not going easy on you.

Didn't realize there was a tournament. I probably haven't arm wrestled since 2005-2006, but I won the last match I had. Haha.

#4747 8 years ago

Wow. Exciting finish to that game. Packers are so damn good.

#4754 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Seriously? Leaving RB on a bye, a gift to Flanker
image.png
image.png

Why would you start randle and Hyde over ivory on any week? Or was ivory there from last weeks bye still?

#4772 8 years ago

Good god. Is it Thursday night or what?

#4774 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

At least the Fallout 4 commercials are getting me a little excited.
edit---nice underhand scoop pass attempt Eli, awesome stuff!

You getting fallout 4? It looks fun as hell. I don't play vid games near as much as I used to, but I'll probably get halo 5. Still my most favorite game. That and the resident evil franchise (up to RE5)

#4784 8 years ago

Boo Wilson and Graham! I need them to die on the field tonight.

#4789 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh, you had to like that hit on Graham! Boom!

Oh yeah. so glad they kept the flags in their pockets too.

#4795 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure there is nobody even close to his calibur lately.

Thom Brady is no slouch

#4796 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I remember Ron Jaworski in particular singing his praises that he was already among the elite QBs in the NFL and soon would be the best in the NFL. I like Jaws a lot actually but he went a little overboard and proved why no one has a clue until you do it for awhile consistently. Trends and players come and go quickly in the NFL.

Jaws does this all the time. He was sayin Carson Palmer was elite. He gets a hard on for QBs and makes a lot of outrageous claims.

#4798 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Carson Palmer is killing it for my fantasy team this year. I hope he doesn't come back to Earth any time soon.

He won't as long as all the weapons and him stay healthy. Oh and fitz is back to form, that doesn't hurt palmers chances either. He's still gonna throw 1-2 ints a game, but always gets big yards.

#4800 8 years ago

Wow. EJ is really showing why he isn't a number 1 NFL QB. Also, complete bullshit that fumbles for TDs and pick sixes count against the Bills defense.

#4802 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

4 jacksonville TD's in 4 mins. Thats just stupid. 2 offensive, 2 defensive. (Technically 1 on a turnover so really 3 were defensively driven).

Yeah. And if this "amazing" bills defense cannot beat up on this Jags offense, who can they stop?

#4811 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Lets rock this tonight Cardinals-----Palmer 2 Fitz all night long!
images.jpeg

I'll really be surprised if Palmer plays well tonight. He has never been good in prime time. Definitely rooting for him though as always.

#4813 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

But they are at home against the Ravens!!!!! Even Keapernick lit up the Raven secondary!!!!!!

Yeah I mean if he cannot do well tonight, he never will. Haha

#4815 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Need 32 points from the Dynamic Duo.
Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 6.18.26 PM.png

Cool. I'll be rooting for ya.

#4821 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This is exactly why I have always hated everyone from Independence, KY, the state of Arizona, and Tronville, WI.

Haha. Let me guess. Your team is American Badasses? Sorry bro, I know us Eriks have to stick together, but I gotsta root for my boy Carson Palmer. Plus, I hate the Ravens and love seeing them play worse than the Browns.

#4826 8 years ago

Over or under 2.5 TD passes for Brady tonight?

#4853 8 years ago

I'd like to hear from the masses on the PIT CIN game. What do you guys think will happen? Big Ben is playing. Would anyone be surprised if the bengals won? I would be honestly, haha

#4855 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, probably time for Cincy to come back to earth and start their losing streak. I hope not. I would like to see them do well but I just don't trust that team... yet.

Neither do I. They don't need to win Sunday obviously, but damn would it be sweet.

#4859 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

It will be a close one for sure. Burfect comes back too, right? I'll take Cincy 27-24

Burfict is back, but I'm worried how up to speed he will be. Hasn't done anything football related since sept last year. Also I think his snaps will be limited. However, a little Burfict is much better than no Burfict.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a similar comeback as Geno Atkins. He will play this year, but won't be back to the dominant force I know and love till next season.

#4875 8 years ago

It wasn't pretty, but they got it done. Whodey!!!

#4879 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yeah i am pleased.
i wonder, has there ever been a team before today that scored 49 and lost? hahaha.

Bengals against the Browns in the mid 2000s

#4896 8 years ago

I can tell you one thing, I would bet lots of money that no defense will ever be able to hold Rodgers to under 100 yards passing ever again. That was one hell of a performance from the DEN defense. Pretty crazy that the AFC still has three undefeated teams. I cannot wait for the Bengals Broncos game later in the year. Should be nuts!

#4910 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I'm in fantasy football leagues that use Yahoo.com, NFL.com and CBSsports.com FF engines, no experience with ESPN.com yet. So far I feel like CBS provides the most user friendly in terms of organized information and interface (we do pay for the service though)
Who likes which site the best and why? Just curious.

I have only used ESPN for like the past 10 years. I switched from CBS back in the early 2000s when to play there you had to pay, and ESPN was the first site to my knowledge that was free and also did live updated scoring for free. Sites like Yahoo were free for a while but charged if you wanted live updated scoring. Horseshit, haha.

I think ESPN is fine, but I am not blown away by it. I do like that both my teams are on ESPN so it is easy to use their app and keep track of both quickly.

#4912 8 years ago

Whodey! Here's to my Bengal Cats ripping the mascotless Browns to shreds!! Two of my favorite Cleveland bashing YouTube videos:

Sorry Cleveland fans, all in good fun!!

#4913 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Personally I think Yahoo gives the most accurate information regarding projected points and injury reports. NFL.COM is BY FAR the worst of them all. It's projections are not even in the ballpark and injury reports are a joke.

Espns used to be pointless until this year. They changed them and are much more realistic.

#4916 8 years ago

Eifert is quickly becoming an amazing weapon.

#4918 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Indeed!
Manziel looking pretty decent tonight, Im sure the Browns will bench him next week.

Yeah definitely better than I expected. Bengals are blitzing too much and rushing inside on him. Need to make adjustments at halftime to keep manziel in the pocket.

#4920 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What the hell time is the cutoff for roster changes? I tried to pull McCown and put in Bortles before kickoff and it would not let me???
Kind of pissed about that.

I mean it freezes at game time not when the ball is physically kicked off. So I would say it froze at 8:25-8:30

#4921 8 years ago

You know how Geno Atkins is good? Gets a sack on a three man rush. Beast.

#4924 8 years ago

Anyone start bengals D? They dropped a guaranteed pick 6. Haha.

#4928 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just spent the last 20 minutes looking for this topic. What's with this separate OT forum? Makes no sense...
Oh well, one other thing that makes no sense is my local NFL coverage. After 50 years the NFL finally lifted the stupid blackout rules and for some reason my local FOX station is showing the Panthers Packers game now rather than the Tampa Bay game at 4pm. This is just bull shit. The Packers are not exactly looking great BTW.

Not sure I follow. Your game doesn't start until 4:05 and I'm almost positive it takes precedence under the NFL rules. Or just get Sunday ticket. It's free if you just get directv.

#4930 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Only one channel gets a doubleheader each week. This week is CBS not Fox, so we get the Broncos and Colts at 4pm.

Weird. Never seen that before. And the game has the required attendance for it to be broadcast right? Doesn't make any sense that Tampa has a game that isn't on every TV in FL.

#4932 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

That rule no longer exists.

Edit: nm I guess they did completely get ride of it this year.

The only other thing I can think of is that you're considered Jags area.

#4936 8 years ago

Talib should be fined and suspended for that shit.

#4938 8 years ago

So Dwayne Allen and a bronco LB were in some post play crap talking, then talib walks up and deliberately jams his fingers into Allens eyes.

#4940 8 years ago

Hahaha. No. Two fingers, one eye.

#4947 8 years ago

Locked up in a tight one. Keep throwing picks Cuntler!!!

image.pngimage.png

#4949 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Chargers are wishing they could play the Bears twice every year.

So is every other team in the NFL. Haha

#4950 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Chargers are wishing they could play the Bears twice every year.

I would say also that the Chargers wish they had some fans show up to their games. This is the third different team I have seen play in SD this year and the away fans can be heard over Charger fans. Woof.

#4952 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As soon as they move a few miles closer and start winning some games again, I'll be there!

Yeah I think a couple teams may move over that way. But I have been to games in SD when the Chargers were money and the games still weren't selling out. I guess when there so much other stuff to do there NFL games take a back seat to a lot of things. Over here in dreary old northern Kentucky, pro sports teams are all we got. Haha

#4956 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Haha whoops, have dual monitors running. Did not know it would do that!

Yeah. Print screen is a pain in the ass with dual monitors. Haha

#4958 8 years ago

Dammit! Lost on a tie breaker. Oh and my kicker missed an extra point. FML.

#4960 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is what happens when you start making fun of Jay... He gets extra pouty and then actually does something with his frustration for once. LOL

Damn. I guess I should've known better. Haha. Top seven spots in my league are within a game of each other. Gonna be an interesting final 4 matches.

#4983 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Should be a good game tonight with my Hawks going against a good cardinals team.

For sure. This will be he best game from today I think.

#4995 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

You can shut the fuck up you illiterate putz. Have your wife drive you to a library.

Jesus dude. Chill out.

#5002 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Congrats to the giants being in first... where is GB again? Thats right..

Hahaha. You're delusional. I wouldn't be happy at all with your teams performance thus far if I were you.

#5009 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For sure, win tonight and you are one game out from the Cardinals, wonder if PalmerBrittle will make it through the year?

If he does, cardinals could go deep.

#5026 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

lesean mccoy, and demarco murray

These two are not even close to the rest of that list. McCoy has been hurt, but when on the field he has been pretty damn good. I don't think anyone thought Murray had any shot of repeating last year.

So my vote goes to Andrew Luck. He was supposed to be other worldly this season, and has been nothing close to that.

#5028 8 years ago

Quoted from centerflank:Hoping for a monster Bengals win over the Texans, big shutout with a few pick6's for the Cnncy D and Bernard and Green score 3td's each, that is my wish!

I wouldn't be mad about that at all.

#5042 8 years ago

Most boring game ever!!!

#5044 8 years ago

He is, but I don't think they run plays that allow hill to succeed. Just bust out the classic I form and let him get a head of steam. I feel like he would do much better.

#5046 8 years ago

Best part of this game so far? The monkeys riding dogs that are herding sheep at halftime. Hahahaha

#5049 8 years ago

Correct. Not sure why it's being reviewed. I cannot believe that was two NFL teams playing each other.

#5053 8 years ago

Just saying they don't have to review it. Or do they? Either way. That was bad. I promise my bengals are better than that. Haha

#5057 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Correct, it didn't matter either way BUT with all the gambling going on in FF they have to get the stats proper.

That's a really great point. And even if you're joking, I bet you're right.

#5060 8 years ago

Best team is without a doubt NE.

#5062 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Pats are still the team to beat, even with the Edelman injury.
I really really hate the NFL rule for what is a reception. They need to re-think it during the offseason.

I agree the funny thing is that they have rethought it and changed it to what we have now. Basically now no one has any clue what a catch is.

#5071 8 years ago

It always seemed like a completely saturated market to me. Florida has..
3 NFL Teams
2 MLB Teams
2 NBA Teams
2 NHL Teams (!!?)
NFL season overlaps with some pretty nice weather in that area. If your team is projected to lose 10+ games.. are you going to spend the day sweating in the stands to watch someone march you up and down the field?
The NFL blackout rules are also completely bogus (though I think they're doing away with them, or at least changing them). The NFL forces teams to build bigger stadiums, and then simultaneously punishes their markets when they can't be filled. That's a pretty vicious cycle when you think about it - who's going to care about your team if they can't even watch them on TV?

Blackout rules were done away with starting this season.

#5073 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Whoop sees! AP is a bit of a fumbler. Go Pack!

In honer of you flank, I started the Packers D. Keep it up!!

#5076 8 years ago

Good win for the packers to put the vikes in their place. Hopefully my boys come to play tonight. Whodey!!

#5078 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Man the 49ers suck at tackling. They couldn't touch Rawls the entire game!!

No kidding. Wasn't he over 200?

#5082 8 years ago

Jeremy Hill is a moron.

#5084 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I'm still puzzled as to why gio isn't there feature back. Oh well.

Well last year Hill did awesome. This year, not so much. And Gio has slowly gotten more share of the action and might be he feature back before long.

#5088 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Maybe Gio needs more tats to look awesome like Hill?

Couldn't hurt.

#5090 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hey! Did I mention Kevin Zeitler went to my high school? Go Bengals!
Edit----Would you just pump the ball to Fitz????? Cmon Cardinals!

Dude. They passed up David Decastro (PIT) to get Zeitler. He was Wisconsin right? I watched like two short highlight reels for him in college and I was thinking he was gonna be good. He has been really good.

#5092 8 years ago

Horrible defense there.

#5093 8 years ago

I just don't understand how you can always shit the bed in these games. It's literally the only thing keeping this team from being really effing good.

#5097 8 years ago

Let's see if dalton can win this.

#5098 8 years ago

Donata Peko deserves to be suspended and fined for that cheating bullshit he just pulled.

#5102 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Wow Brady gets rid of that ball fast

He sure does. Been throwing it mostly into the ground. Better figure out that bills pass rush or get the running game going.

#5110 8 years ago

Just made a trade in fantasy mainly because I like the match ups of the players I got batter than why I gave up:

I get jimmy Graham and megatron

He gets delanie walker and Gio

Thoughts?

#5117 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

If it's not PPR, you made out, if it's PPR, it's leaning more towards even. Gio and Walker should get more targets/receptions than the other two.
Just curious, who does that leave you with RBs after you gave up Gio?

Non ppr. My lineup stands at

Brady
Ivory
L Murray
A brown
B cooks
Graham
Megatron

#5119 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Killer receivers and Graham might start to turn his shit around so your good there. Hopefully you can find another RB if Ivory keeps coming up short. My work league has 14 teams and there are still some sleepers out there, good luck

Thanks. Yeah I picked up Powell just in case for ivory and I think Murray is firmly planted in his role. Not the greatest option in the world, but he gets volume.

#5125 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Calvin Johnson all time TD leader on thanksgiving, what a tainted record getting a home game every year

Just one of those pointless stats. 98% of the league never plays on thanksgiving.

#5126 8 years ago

Loving this trade I made boys! Haha

#5146 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He just looks like he's been hitting up KFC too often

He got benched in that game last night and had close to 150 all purpose yards and a TD. I'd say that's pretty good considering the season he has had. Hopefully he keeps it up.

#5173 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Grabbed Scott Chandler in FF! I can't see how he wouldn't go off this week against a lackluster Philly defense and New England's historic use of tight ends.

Not sure I buy into the chandler hype. Previous times that Gronk has been hurt, Brady just goes elsewhere with the ball. Look for the run game and or lafell to possibly carry the load. Hell its even possible the pats plain stink it up from all the injuries and drop another game. Should be interesting!

#5224 8 years ago

God dammit. Guess who picked up Richard Rogers and didn't start him?

This guy.

#5248 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Great day of Football so far!!!!!! Giants lose, Bears lose, Vikings lose, Falcons lose......early christmas!

Browns also lose in complete embarrassing fashion. Haha

#5251 8 years ago

And your new #1 seed in the AFC is.........The Bengals!!!!!! Hahaha. Awesome. Gotta live it up now cause the playoffs are probably going to be another let down. Haha

#5258 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I hope we get a Packer/colts playoff game.

Don't think that is going to happen. Colts are looking really rough right now.

#5260 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Playing better with hasslebeck. Granted luck is hurt

Played better. It was obvious his age caught up with him last night even before he was hurt.

#5266 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Steelers/Bengals the early game sunday, hope that one is televised, really want to watch that one.

Get the Sunday ticket bro. Gonna be a slobber knocker of a game.

#5270 8 years ago

Don't count out Zim. I bet he has this defense ready to take it to Palmer tonight. Either way cannot wait.

#5281 8 years ago

As you guys can imagine, I am already pondering Sunday's game between my Bengals and the disgusting Steelers. I am thinking Geno Atkins is going to continue his dominate play and take Watt out of the running for DPOY. Dudes a beast. If you are watching the game just find 97 on the D line and watch him all game.

That being said, I think the weapons of the Steelers offense are running on all cylinders, and the secondary of the bengals, although one of the leagues best, is very beat up. I see this as a very close game, but the bengals coming up a tad short. Just still don't trust them in games like this for obvious reasons.

#5282 8 years ago

Let's go Bengals!!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#5284 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I'm very impartial on the steelers/bengals but have always loved steeler football. Looking forward to an awesome game!
Edit----did that post make any sense? Lol! I just don't dislike the bengals at all......

I hear ya. I would say most causal impartial fans would like the steelers. When you're that good for that long, people take notice and will probably root for them in neutral setting.

#5286 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I can't root for the steelers cause they stole the superbowl from us in '05. Go Bengals!!

Love to hear it! They should've never made it past the first round. Dirty cheaters. Haha

#5293 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Burfict is a piece of shit btw, wish Hines ward was still playing to go break his jaw.

I assume you dislike Burfict for his onfield behavior but you're okay with ward breaking people's jaws? Haha. Makes no sense.

#5294 8 years ago

Well sucks the game is over already. Bengals playing with a second string QB rest of game.

#5297 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ward breaks jaws with hard ass blocks, Burfict punched a Packer player in the dick. Big diff

Just wondering your reason for disliking the guy. Now I know. Makes sense.

#5301 8 years ago

Good on the Steelers their season WS over with a loss today. They took care of business. If the bengals can't get dalton back by the Broncos game, they are gonn be in horrible shape in the playoffs as usual.

#5321 8 years ago

He is getting fined for three separate hits from that game. Hahaha. Making Suh look like Mr. Rogers.

#5324 8 years ago

Anyone play for decent money? Mine aren't that nuts but I'm in the semis of both and if I with both ill win around 1300. We are starting a policy of increasing the buy ins every year so in a few years the pools should get pretty big.

#5326 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I cant play Fantasy Football for money, Im already all stressed out wanting my team to win, then my fantasy team, money on it would twist me too much.

I have been doing this too long that if we didn't keep upping the stakes, and having drunken draft parties, I would've quit forever ago. Haha

#5328 8 years ago

That side pot is a good idea. Luckily though in my one league (100 bucks this year), everyone is on board for increasing regularly now.

#5335 8 years ago

Keeper league are okay I guess, but redrafts are fun too. I play in one of each.

Also I was getting my but whipped yesterday then Antonio brown happened haha. Now I'm up two points and I have megatron going tonight and he has saints kicker. If I win I'm in the money. Come on baby!

#5343 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Well I'm not sure if its just my league, but on my league when the playoffs start we don't use the computer anymore. I don't really like that.

What do you mean you don't use the computer anymore?

#5346 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Mathieu done for the year, tough blow for the Arizona D.
I got to see all the replays of Beckham, I didn't realize he had so many personal fouls called against him. Surprised a veteran didn't grab him by the facemark and tell him to settle down.

You didn't see the game? He was seriously trying to fight Norman on each play. Norman wasn't being a saint either, but ODB was in the wrong all day. The head to head targeting after a play was the end all be all if you ask me. Coughlin should've sent him to the locker room after that.

#5348 8 years ago

I thought it wasn't but maybe I'm mistaken. Either way, it was a brawl every single play.

#5351 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

So one the regular season is over our commish. will set up a chat room. From there teams will write in the chat who they want going in order of finish in the regular season. From then on, you add up your score manually not using any website or other program.

Crazy. Very interesting format. Never heard of that before.

#5353 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Yeah doesn't make much sense to me if there are websites that would do that for us. I just figured thats how they all were.

Haha. Not since like 1998. Maybe try ESPN or yahoo next year. Totally free and don't have to calculate anything by hand.

#5355 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

We do use Yahoo, this really my first year but our commish. has been doing it for a while. The rest of the season has been using the website.

Interesting. Well I stand corrected. I bet they have options for quicker leagues.

#5362 8 years ago

I did have Rodgers in 2/3. I hate to carry more than 1 TE or 1 QB. I don't like having to make those decisions every week, they're all pretty much the same other than the top 3 in their respective positions, and everyone else is pretty much the same.
Actually, I also had Richard Rodgers in 2 leagues. I grabbed him early, and probably put too much trust in him. He got me some good weeks, but ultimately, he never got to the level I was hoping.
Oh well.. it was fun, I made a good run midseason, and I kept some of that money by winning a few "high point total" weeks.
The draft is the highlight for me. I honestly thought I had a perfect draft in two of my leagues this year, but no one can predict injuries. I'll play again next year, but 3 is my cap.

I went back and looked at my losing matchup from last night. Had megatron gained one more yard, I would be competing for over $700 this week. That stings bad.

#5370 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wouldn't you rather peppers demolishes Palmer and knocks him out for the year?
Go Pack!

Palmers been knocked out enough. Leave him alone.

#5372 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It's like a freight train, can't stop it. Nah, I like watching Palmer play, I really don't want him to get hurt unless it's early game against my team in the playoffs.

Cold blooded bro. That shit cuts deeeeeep.

#5379 8 years ago

I just watched chasing Tyson last night. That one is great too.

#5404 8 years ago

Yeah mark me down for playing if spots open up. 14 team league anyone?

#5406 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

We are at 10 now, you can't add one team and must be 2 adds. We do a live online draft.
I'll email you guys the link the set your team up when the league renews.

Cool. Thanks man. Would love to play with you guys.

#5410 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

When the NFL starts decimal point scoring we will too. Don't want a tie? Play better.

Haha. I'm pretty sure any other response but this I would've dosagreed with. Hard to argue!!

#5412 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

A lot of upsets today wow! Great weekend so far.
Didn't get to watch much today, finally acquired Stargate

Nice! Yeah if the bengals win tomorrow 2nd seed is theirs with the 1 seed coming down to the final week! Don't blow it bengals!!!

#5415 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Wonder if Buck and Aikman give each other handy's during the commercial breaks

Whatever they are doing it worked against the steelers!!

#5421 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

All the time? Check your facts again. The winner of the toss in the new overtime rules have only deferred one other time in history and it was belicheat who did it.
Even before the new rules the last time it happens was 1997. So yeah "all the time".
Stop talking out of your ass.

He's talking about all types of decisions. The ones that belichek makes at least once a year. Remember the going for it on 4th down a couple years back at his own 35? Yeah, same thing. He gets cocky sometimes and it bites him in the ass.

#5424 8 years ago

Ravens sweeping the steelers too. Wow. No one on earth saw that coming.

#5428 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow. I got tired of watching my Jags get their assess kicked and tuned over to the Green Bay game. Did I mention: wow?
Cardinals really look solid on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting to see them play the Panthers at some point in the playoffs. Either one of these two teams has a good chance to knock off the Pats in the Superbowl.

Wow. Pats are that big of a lock? Doesn't look like it right now.

#5454 8 years ago

great first half even with the missed FG. One more half to go!

#5457 8 years ago

Turning into the defensive battle I thought it would be. One more quarter!

#5462 8 years ago

Worst kick since Ray Finkle.

#5465 8 years ago

Easy with that shit. Haha. That blew chunks, but they can still get a bye next week. Need help though!

#5468 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I watched the first half and was so disgusted with the Broncos I couldn't watch anymore. It looked like it was going to be a blowout. Amazing they pulled it off.

Missed a great game. Haha. Best MNF all season.

#5469 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well, look at it this way, you end up the 3seed you get that 1st home playoff game and then would be back in Denver the next week to get some revenge!
Whats Dalton's status?

If they get a bye, maybe for the first playoff game.

#5471 8 years ago

Well they might meet back up in the playoffs with two completely different QBs. That would be wild.

#5499 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I'm confused, whats a keeper league?

You keep a player or players from your roster this year to use for next year.

Just change the keeper rules. Cannot keep anyone drafted in the first two rounds, and anyone you keep will move up two spots from when they were drafted in the previous year.

If you drafted Randall Cobb in the 3rd this year and you want to keep him, he is your first rounder next year. Simple, and it eliminates the fighting over the top players because they cannot be kept.

#5501 8 years ago

Also a rule we have in my keeper league is no transactions allowed if you didn't make the playoffs or when you get bounced from the playoffs. Whichever comes first. Also no roster moves in the offseason. Trades are allowed, but that's it.

#5515 8 years ago

Go bengals! Go chargers!! Let's get this bye week. Roadhouse Dalton needs the time to rest!!

#5544 8 years ago

Here's to the Bengals finally getting that monkey off their back from the past 4 years! WHODEY!

#5546 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Really? What monkey is that? I would say they have one big ape on their back... winning a playoff game. They best not be one and done again!

Haha. Agreed. Big ass silverback. They will win a playoff game again at some point, I just hope it's this weekend! And against the Steelers would only make it sweeter.

#5551 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Here we go, best 2 weeks of NFL coming up.
I pick
Packers over Redskins
Seahawks over Vikings
Steelers over Bengals
Chiefs over Texans

I say:

Skins over Pack
Vikes over Hawks
Bengals over Steelers
Chiefs over Texans

#5553 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Are all the road teams favored to win for the first round of the playoffs?

If that's true, I'm sure there's gonna be big bets on the home teams.

#5563 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I can't see that Seattle game being anything but an ass whooping

Zim always has his crew ready to play. I think this game is going to be much closer than most anticipate.

#5569 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

BTW did I see you have a GOT LE in another thread?

I bought a Pro. It's caught up in those Stern delays. I won't have it until at least the end of this month. Woof. Oh and if I ever sell it, it will be years from now. Sorry.

#5571 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Surprised you still don't that yet. Will that be your first NIB?

Haha yep. Karma has it out for me I guess. I'll take a bengals win Saturday, then karma and I will be all good. Haha.

#5575 8 years ago

Haha. I was thinking of bringing my GOT to LAX this year if no one else brings one, but now I'm afraid your wife is gonna show up and take an axe to it. Haha.

#5578 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I root for in division once my Bears are done.

Really? Is that commonplace for NFC north fans? In the AFC north we want horrible things to happen to each other's teams at all times. Haha. The day I root for the Steelers, Browns, or Ravens is the same day I jump of the roof of Paul Brown Stadium.

#5580 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I root for anybody playing the Patriots or Cowboys. Don't know why, but that is what it has come to.

Awesome. So if my bengals get super lucky Saturday, the WHODEY nation will officially grow by one. I love it!

#5582 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got an old friend from Cincy and he has felt the Bengals pain for years. Kinda like mine with the Chargers. So yes, go Bengals!

I've been to multiple chargers games when the bengals have been out there. Probably the most fun fan base of an opposing team to tailgate with Ive ever seen.

#5584 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You should have gone to some of those Raiders-Rams games before they both split. That was a real fun crowd.

You may be talking in the present tense for those match ups again here soon. OAK and STL filed to move to LA

#5609 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

10 mill? Holy Shit!!!! To be honest, this is why I don't like buying NFL tix, Ill watch for free at home. The experience is far better, Ive been to Lambeau more than a few times and while very cool to see a game in that environment, not worth it to me.
Same with all major sports actually....

Baseball is the only one where the live experience is so much better IMO. Going to a ballpark with the family on a nice day is one of my favorite things to do. The sport is so much more relaxing, just take it all in and have a good time. Totally agree on the NFL front though. The home experience is so much better now. I will say, being able to see one of those epic games in person when the crowd is going insane, that can be pretty special too.

#5615 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Horrible move that couldn't be more "Browns."
Hire a baseball guy to be your football GM? Sure, makes sense. Besides the fact that they are completely different sports and one has a salary cap and the other doesn't, I don't see how that could fail.

He's not the GM but the Chief Strategy Officer. Hahahaha

#5618 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I gotta say that as a Redskins die-hard, it's fabulous to see that the Skins are no longer the most pathetic football operation in the NFL.

I think it was very very risky for Gruden to shun RG3 and stick by Cousins, and I am so glad it has worked out so far. Could be a little turning point for the team, and if they can draft well the next couple years, who knows what could happen. Glad to see Gruden and Zimmer in the playoffs as they were fan favorites here in Cincy.

#5629 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Anyone here like to bet? What do you think of the games?
KC -3.5 @ HOU
PIT -2.5 @ CIN
SEA -5.5 @ MIN
GB +0.5 @ WSH
KC, PIT & WSH is my spread ticket.
Going to pass on SEA/MIN. Would pick cincy if Dalton wasn't hurt. WSH playing way better then GB right now. KC hottest team in league though Hou defense is tough.

Cincy all day. They always cover when they are dogs. Especially home dogs.

#5631 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Playoffs always hard to pick but I feel KC is due for a loss. I don't think Houston is all that great but KC is overdue. Unfortunately the The Bengals without Dalton might not be able to score enough points... sorry Chuck. Hope I'm wrong but the Steelers usually put up the points. Seattle might be the best team in all the playoffs now that they are healthy and clicking on all cylinders.

Said they would cover. I not sure they win, but Cincy always covers when they are a dog.

Also the steelers will be starting a 3rd string RB Saturday. This game is gong to be much closer than most people think.

We could also get to midnight tomorrow and see I'm completely wrong on all fronts, but we will see.

#5633 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The Steelers didn't miss Bell as much as everyone thought. They seem to be able to plug any back into that offense and have success. Having Big Ben is the key... I'm pulling for Cincy. Always liked Marvin and very tired of the Steelers.

This is a good point, but they had a backup in Deangelo Williams. Now they are onto some guy named Toussaint. Has played for like 5 secs. Just saying, it doesn't help their cause to be without Williams tomorrow.

However, Big Ben is very very key. The only way I see the Bengals winning this game is if they get CONSTANT pressure on Ben all four quarters and force him into throws that the Bengals pick off. Bengals also need to capitalize on those mistakes too.

If the Bengals can do that, and AJ doesn't turn the ball over, Bengals win.

#5638 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Playoffs are all about Quarterback matchups.
Roethlisberger over McCarron.
Smith over Hoyer.
Wilson over Bridgewater.
Rodgers over Cousins. (Cousins had a way better year though and packers have no wide receivers)

Disagree about the QB comment. Inexperienced QBs win in the playoffs all the time. Playoffs are all about the teams who were the hottest entering the dance. So teams like redskins, Seahawks, and Chiefs have the best shot at going deep.

#5645 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

UGH!!! No Beast mode!!! Thats really gonna screw me over this week in FF.

Not gonna screw me over. I just did a draft yesterday for fantasy playoffs and I got michael. Sucks though. I thought the Seahawks were gonna be rocking and Rollin. They still should be good though.

#5647 8 years ago

I assumed he was 100% ready to go. If that was the case, of course he makes a difference. However I said I still thought the Seahawks are good to go, a 100% beast mode would have only made them better.

#5649 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

They're better off with Rawls but I'm sure they would have settled for No Show Lynch...

They don't have Rawls. But I would agree with that if they did. Now they are onto michael and brown.

#5651 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Wilson found out he can play QB pretty well without having to worry about feeding him.

I really think Wilsons game stepped up the most when Graham went down. That is just part of the Seahawks game that they don't use. The TE. I really do think Wilson was worried about feeding Graham the most. I want to say wilsons second half tear started the week after Graham went down.

Just saying that for the playoffs if they had a 100% beastmode the whole way, that would be an extra shot in the arm.

But agreed that they seem to have a system in place for pretty much any running back to succeed. That bodes well going forward.

#5653 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yep, good point about Graham... almost forgot about him. Bet they would take that trade back. They can save a lot of cash not having Lynch and Graham next year. Although I assume they will keep Graham.

Yeah they traded one of their best lineman for Graham I think. I'm sure that was a sore subject for fans this whole season.

#5666 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

By taking Lynch in the first round.....

First rule of fantasy. Don't get your favorite team's players too early. Can bite you in the ass! So hard to lay off them though.

#5669 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

When you have to choose between 2 QB's that the Browns didn't want you know you're screwed!

Post of the fucking year!! Well done sir.

#5673 8 years ago

No way. Like I said. I'm all about the hot teams entering the playoffs. Chiefs are hot!!

#5676 8 years ago

Here's to the bengals having a laugher too! Man it's gotta be sweet to be a Chiefs fan right now. Congrats!

#5678 8 years ago

Of course, but not sure my heart will survive one of those to see the end! Haha

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
2,407 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 1 of 10.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.