• maybe 8 votes
    5%
  • no but Im a complete moron 9 votes
    6%
  • give Hilton a nut punch 92 votes
    60%

(153 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,268 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191018-093954~2 (resized).png
57763142-AB26-4BD4-8846-DB72CC156123 (resized).jpeg
10A16BCB-26D7-4119-B682-431620ED2459 (resized).png
E62EAE8E-2FE8-4C34-B4A2-C549EDE8BCD4 (resized).jpeg
D44FF8D1-AD8E-4445-A802-BD031DABD506 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
643C4EEE-BA70-47B8-89BB-C2A34C2E7CFA (resized).jpeg
tam (resized).jpg
6903658-6451505-image-a-2_1543740026421 (resized).jpg
GEWP7WLGMOGOS5LYNLL4OLINNQ (resized).jpg
gallery_2660_223_5214 (resized).jpg
tumblr_lupyvqbnht1qef7o0o1_500 (resized).jpg
18781E24-F858-4329-9B38-592B2023FD0E (resized).jpeg
46216B31-27A5-4618-927C-3A87AB766F2A (resized).jpeg
F908FA41-2CA7-4D3F-A9D6-029EF6C027D5 (resized).jpeg
8C1BDCD5-0EC4-4BDB-B536-D330879C3857 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

559 posts in this topic match your search for posts by crazylevi. You are on page 1 of 3.
#5613 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Redskins are playing extremely well, but have beaten exactly zero decent teams this year. Offense looks amazing, defense looks average. So hard to judge what they are, though, because their competition has been garbage, and they got blown out every time they played a good team. the Packers have been just barely average too, though. Pick: Skins
Seattle over Minnesota.
Steelers over Bengals.
Chiefs over Texans.

Everyone's competition has been garbage this year. The NFL isn't very good this season. Skins will beat the Packers easy, I'll be there to enjoy it.

Seattle over MN
Bengals over Steelers (I don't know...I just think they are due)
Chiefs over Texans

#5614 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The Browns hired a new GM - Paul DePodesta.. if you don't know who that is, it's Jonah Hill from Moneyball. I think it's a smart move, he's had a lot of success in MLB, but who knows if that can translate to the NFL. I think it will really depend on how much room they give him to put together a team. That town needs some continuity, so pair him with a young coach that subscribes to his methods for the next 6 years and leave it alone - what's the worst that can happen? They keep sucking?

Horrible move that couldn't be more "Browns."

Hire a baseball guy to be your football GM? Sure, makes sense. Besides the fact that they are completely different sports and one has a salary cap and the other doesn't, I don't see how that could fail.

#5617 3 years ago

He's not a baseball guy as much as he is an economist.. He was successful in baseball because he was able to apply statistical analysis to the game, and find the true value of a player. If he can successfully develop that same strategy to football, where there are fewer meaningful individual statistics, I think he will be plenty successful.

And if my grandma had wheels, she would be a wagon.

You said it yourself, football and baseball stats are apples and oranges. "Moneyball" simply ain't gonna work in the NFL.

This will be a fail, like all recent Browns moves.

I gotta say that as a Redskins die-hard, it's fabulous to see that the Skins are no longer the most pathetic football operation in the NFL. Several other teams are vying for the title currently. I'll go with the Browns at the top, though the Eagles and Dolphins are in the conversation. Honorable mention to the Cowboys, who might clinch it when they bring Johnny Football aboard next season.

And I have no idea why the Bucs fired Lovie Smith. Makes no sense at all.

#5623 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

RG3 is one bad run away from being a paraplegic. I don't think it was as risky as you thought. One way or another Cousins was going in given that RG3 hasn't been able to play more than 3 consecutive games since his knee got blown out near the end of his rookie year.

It was risky because it was the exact opposite of what his insane owner wanted him to do, and because Cousins hadn't shown that he could successfully start in the NFL. He's had his chances and had so far been an INT machine. I thought it was kind of a risky move for those reasons. The ownership, team president/owner crony (BRuce Allen), and majority of the fanbase were solidly behind RG3.

I do suspect the new GM, who was sent to us by the Gods and actually knows something about football, was in Gruden's corner.

Either way I'm happier than a hog in slop. Just got my tickets for Sunday's game (they just released $199 club seats on ticketmaster if anybody is interested, that's far better than the aftermarket right now).

#5625 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Thinking about it ... I had club seats for ten years, it's nice up there ... But my couch is so much more comfortable, and I don't have to drink $9 coors lites ... Or stand in line to piss .. Or wait in 2 hours of traffic to get out of my living room ...

Come on bro, it'll be fun. You deserve it going to so many bad games and so many years of watching a shitty team.

I got last row sec 307. Last row club are dry seats, in case it rains.

#5627 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Are you from that area? How are you a skins fan being in NYC

Grew up in Silver Spring, Maryland, during the glory days.

#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Rodgers over Cousins. (Cousins had a way better year though and packers have no wide receivers)

So why are you picking the Packers?

#5761 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

UR blind or ignorant if you think that helmet to helmet receiver hit was legal. lol. The Bengals were even called on a much less significant helmet to helmet receiver hit earlier in the game. Consistency is key to officiating and to fairness, but there was no consistency in this game so it wasn't very fairly contested. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not surprised the fans showed their displeasure. I have no pony in the game either, and am not a fan of Cinci over Pittsburgh. Just calling what I saw.

You are ... I'm sorry, UR clearly ignorant of the rules.

As a RUNNER, which he was at the time, that hit was legal.

#5763 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Cincy has one too many THUGS on that defense. Repeat offenders and they should be gone. Unfortunately ML will probably take the fall for these THUGS. This is the type of thing that can tear a team apart! Feel bad for Cincy but it seems like Ohio teams are doomed in one way or another... GO BUCKEYES!

Marvin Lewis shouldn't have brought all these THUGS on to his team. He's responsible. These guys behaved exactly as everybody expects them to.

He also completely lost control of his team at the season's most important moment.

It should cost him his job.

#5772 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Makes sense. They have to i guess? Who else would they pick up if he left for free agency. His stock has risen a bit. Not like Matt Cassell's did when it filled in for brady but i guess hes better than Hoyer or Bradford?

Why wouldn't they? The qb market is shit and Kirk has played like a franchise qb this season. He'll have lots of suitors if he makes it to FA.

Is he the real deal or flash in the pan? Far too risky to gamble he isn't the real deal. Worth the risk of a one year franchise tag.

Hopefully they'll work out a long-term deal, but regardless he isn't going anywhere. Rg3 will be cut very soon.

#5785 3 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Schefter of PFT and NFL Sunday Countdown is now reporting that Porter who was the Steelers coach on the play field who got into with with Cinci players and Pacman Jones will be fined by the NFL. Schefter noted that no nfl coaches are allowed on the playfield.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14541212

And everybody else noted that jones is a moron for going after the coach, causing the bengals to lose on a chip shot field goal, and humiliating himself and his team.

It was also noted that Porter is laughing all the way back to Pittsburgh, in full belief that the $10,000 or whatever he'll be fined was well worth causing immature jackass Jones to cost his team the game.

It was also reported that the news of the impending fine on Porter is doing little to nothing to stem the flow of tears from the eyes of hungover Bengals fans, or stunt the unbridled joy of steelers fans.

You like that!!!

#5861 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Check out this article on Burfect.
What a thug:
Kneeing Ben when he's down.
http://deadspin.com/vontaze-burfict-is-so-dirty-1752214229

Right, and the guy he kneed used to have a penchant for raping coeds. But he's not a "thug," right?

Only a certain kind of player can be a thug, if you know what I mean, nudge nudge, wink wink.

#5905 3 years ago

Rams belong back in LA. Didn't seem like anybody ever wanted or cared about them in St Louis except for when the bandwagon was rolling during the Greatest Show on Turf.

I'd like to see the Chargers stay put. That's what this was all about, giving them some serious leverage to get a new stadium built. We'll see what happens. Gonna be an awkward season for the fans in San Diego next season. I predict much unruly behavior.

6 months later
#6835 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Am I missing something? A lot of people picking the Viqueens! .

This is one of the stupidest "make fun of the other team" nicknames I've ever seen.

Please stop it, these nicknames only make the user look like an idiot.

In unrelated news, i'm picking my Washington Foreskins to win the NFC East, easily. The Cowgirls will suck as usual and this is Romo's last season as a starter there.

4 weeks later
#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If Russell lasted into the third round, the Jags weren't the only team to not pick him multiple times including the Seahawks. I've never been a fan of criticizing team's picks. The draft is such a crap shoot. It's what they do with their picks that interests me. Can they develop players into starters? Jags haven't won more than five games since '11 when they got a new owner and they have had only 4 Pro Bowlers since '11.

The whole "they coulda got THIS guy instead" thing is indeed stupid. 15 teams passed on Aaron Rodgers...20 something passed on Marino. But certainly, NFL teams often make idiotic picks and nothin wrong with criticizing them when they do it. Kickers shouldn't be drafted. And any GM who drafts a running back in the first round in the modern NFL needs his head examined.

#6962 3 years ago

Romo is finished. He was finished last year.

Why does Dallas refuse to accept this?

#6967 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sports radio is so damn lame with the non-stop talk about Kapernick sitting during the national anthem. Who cares? Leave that discussion for the NEWS radio and keep SPORTS talk on ESPN, FS1, Mad Dog, etc.
Couldn't get any sports info from the weekend during my commute because of the hosts repeating themselves over and over.
I. Don't. Care.

It's preseason bro. What else are they gonna talk about?

Quoted from PoMC:

Exactly. They just repeat their opinion over and over again, sometimes just slightly rephrasing their wording.

So, it's exactly like Pinside. Doesn't stop us from coming here.

#6969 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Baseball. Lots of baseball games happening.

Baseball sucks

#6971 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Discussing a dumb jock sitting or standing during the national anthem sucks harder.

Sports radio sucks. This is nothing new, it's just terrible, from the moronic commentators to the idiots who call in.

Seriously, change the channel.

#6973 3 years ago

This stuff always attracts attention and always will. I still remember 25 years ago when Frank Sinatra threatened to kick Sinead O'Connor's ass for doing the same thing.

#6979 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, he was grabbing his left knee as teammates prayed around him.
Ouch

out for the year.

I guess they should have prayed harder.

#6985 3 years ago

That injury Sounds nasty.

The Vikings had better have something up their sleeve better than Shaun Hill.

#6999 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It'll be interesting to see if Denver decides to cut Sanchez. I'm hoping they hang onto him, not that he's exciting by any means (he certainly didn't earn the right to start for Denver) but if the inexperienced first and second string QBs aren't able to hack it, having a "meh" option in the wings might be a relief come week four or five. A seventh round pick and a few million bucks seems like a pretty cheap insurance policy.

Sanchez is a hell of a lot worse than a "meh" option. He's absolutely terrible.

But in a league where Matt Cassel keeps getting opportunities it wouldn't shock me if the Vikings are stupid enough to go after him.

#7030 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Oh, I agree Sanchez is far from hot, and it's not like I'm excited to imagine the Broncos starting him this season. But are there a bunch of backup QBs floating around on the open market that are significantly better? There's just a big talent drop-off at QB in the NFL, and although Sanchez is on the wrong side of that line, I'd rather have him kicking around in case Siemian turns out to be a dud (he hasn't been awe-inspiring in preseason) and Lynch still isn't ready for prime-time. Regardless, looks like the Denver D is going to have to carry on carrying the team if the Broncos are going to make something of this season.

He's a Cowboy.

Warms this Redskins fan's heart.

#7091 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's a tough question because you're in the last minute of the game. It's not always black and white and if the backup came in there's a big chance he plays worse and you lose.

It's NOT A tough question because that's the entire point of the concussion protocol. You aren't supposed to say "oh, forget about it, the game is almost over."

If there's any doubt at all, the QB is supposed to be tested. Remember last season's debacle when Kase Keenum of the Rams took an OBVIOUS concussion in the last minute of the game, and the Rams had him in the game on the very next play? It was because nobody on the Rams had the balls to stop the game and enter the concussion protocol - as a result their QB - who had clearly been concussed - was taking a snap 30 seconds later.

It's not a tough call at all. Either they are serious about this or they aren't, and it's pretty clear, still, after the lawsuits, the evidence, and the bad press, they still don't give a shit and still don't have a real system in place to deal with this stuff.

It's going to kill the NFL eventually. Parents all over the country aren't letting their kids play football, and it's only a matter of time before this starts to take a toll on pro football.

#7096 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

My problem with taking him out is wouldn't other teams just do this on purpose? Hit a guy in the head and force him to take a test at the end of game. Maybe they should have a ref timeout or something to allow the QB to take the concussion test and see if he's OK to play in the last minute.

No, teams wouldn't do this on purpose because players would subject themselves to missing games due to discipline. And, giving a team on a final drive free 15 yards isn't gonna help much either.

They need to address this somehow...and yes something like a "ref timeout" for these tests needs to be considered. It seems like all the rules just go out the window in the final 2 minutes and that's not working.

#7100 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The whole concussion thing is still a joke as the team doctor still has final say on the player going back in.

Exactly. Every bit of this decision making process needs to be removed from the teams. The NFL needs impartial spotters with absolute final say who can stop the game at ANY time.

#7101 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yeah that's what I meant. If he tucks the ball and takes the sack, there might not be helmet to helmet contact or intentional grounding.
Newton makes some questionable decisions. He takes off running like a running back and initiates contact with his helmet when defenders come near. It's admirable but stupid when so much of the team's success rests on his shoulders. I saw him do this in the fourth while running toward the sideline. He's big enough to stiff arm a defender or he could slide but chooses not to.

I only was able to watch the 4th quarter. The Panthers line looked HORRIBLE but then again we know Denver has a great D-line. Watching Cam under those circumstances was a lot like watching RG3 the past few years.

#7120 3 years ago

Revis is getting old. The Jets Suck, so don't get too excited Bengals fans.

The Cowboys lose in beautifully Cowboys fashion. Someone please injure Cruz as I forgot how obnoxious his stupid Salsa dance is.

Nice choke, Colts!

I'm already sick of hearing about everybody's fantasy team. Nobody gives a fuck, not even your wife. ESPECIALLY your wife.

At some point...ever...will teams stop losing to the Patriots just because they are playing the Patriots? When Bill retires?

picks for tonight? I'll pick the Redskins. I always pick the Redskins.

#7125 3 years ago

I already thought this (I know that doesn't make me a genius) before today, but RG3 is done. He had a wonderful rookie year but it was all smoke and mirrors. Even if he could stay healthy (he can't) it was over anyway.

I do find it hilarious that Philly fans all think they've found the new...uh Randall Cuningham? Jawarski? (I can't really think of any good Philly QBs). Let's give this Wentz fellow a couple games where he doesn't play the Browns before we start blowing him.

#7128 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Let's open up the discussion on want constitutes a catch for everyone that just saw that play. Since it was ruled that he didn't make a football move, what if a receiver catches the ball and doesn't move. Just stands there for a few seconds. Then someone comes along and strips the ball. Is that a fumble?
I think every ref on earth would call that a fumble. That's why the football move thing always confused me.

Yeah that was a fumble and some bullshit. But hey that's football. Either way I don't see Pittsburgh "cruising" tonight.

#7133 3 years ago

Uh never mind

Fortunately I have any Nyc pinball league match starting in 5 minutes! Let me know what happens...

#7159 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There's always next week. Plus it's the NFC East, hard to imagine you'll need more than 10 wins to take it.

I have no doubt the Skins can remain competitive in the terrible NFC East, and that Pitt is one of the best teams in the league. Doesn't mean it isn't disappointing to them - again - flop terribly against a good team. The defense is another draft or two away from being competitive obviously but I'm also not the only one who doesn't understand why you pay an "elite" corner $70 million and then let him match up with their #2 or #3 guy all night.

#7160 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a feeling you'll do much better in league. Good luck.

We won 14-2 in our opening match in defense of our title!

Cruisin' to a repeat?

But forget that shit, let's talk fantasy football!

#7162 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What's your team like Levi? Did you win week one? Sorry you don't like talking about it, but all the regulars in this thread do.

I can't do fantasy. Because (surprise!) it would be full of Redskins and I would always lose.

I've seen how it works. People end up rooting against their own team all the time and all they want to discuss is their fantasy team.

I'll stop whining about it. I'm just surprised nobody wants to discuss real football in an NFL thread and only want to talk about their fantasy team, which nobody besides them cares about. I'd suggest a separate fantasy thread, but then nobody would post in this one and it would die quickly.

#7165 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Go Browns
wake me up in 2035 we might make it to the playoffs by then.
a fun week one glad I have some thing to watch on sundays and Thursdays. I don't have cable so I cant watch Mondays.

Look, the good news is the RG3 era only took you 1 game, instead of the 1 or 2 torturous seasons it would have taken otherwise.

The guy is not an NFL QB and he's finished, at least now you can move on with your life and look to the future.

1 week later
#7276 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well the Colts were like that before giving up Peyton, Caldwell, and Polian. I have hated the Pats as well but I definitely acknowledge how great they've been. I'm not sure they have as much success without both Brady and Belicheck together. Belicheck can get by for a short time without Brady but I'm not so sure about a prolonged absence. I wonder if Brady will lose his skills all at once like Manning. Though I think injuries contributed to Manning's downward slide.

Brady is gonna fall off a cliff quickly, just like they all do. He's almost 40. The end is near.

I think Brady has said he expect to play till he's 45 but he's in complete denial.

#7293 3 years ago

1. I wonder if we get a report from Keenan Robinson about how awesome the Giants' locker room is this week.
2. Don't have to hear this nonsense about "haven't beaten a team with a winning record" for another year.
3. NFC East still sucks and is still anybody's division.

#7294 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Come on now. Manning eats Papa John's and drinks Budweiser. Brady has never tasted a strawberry and I'm fairly certain doesn't drink coke or alcohol.

So every QB in history who has dropped off at 40 - which is pretty much all of them - was a drunk and a poor eater?

Unless you turn to drugs, Barry Bonds style, you can't beat father time. Maybe it's this year, maybe it's next year, but Brady is gonna be done very very soon.

#7297 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha don;t screw with a kicking net tough guy!

Crazy I just looked up Montana, whom was 38-39 when he retired. Remember how old he looked? And he had 2 years off basically.

More recently, anybody remember Favre's last year, months after he tore it up and was one stupid Favre move away from getting the Vikes to the Super Bowl?

I do remember Steve DeBerg starting a game at 43 or 44. It wasn't pretty.

1 week later
#7352 3 years ago

Who's to say a Redskins didn't recover it, it was seen by the refs, and then the Brown "pile stripped" the ball and raised it victoriously?

At any rate, the "blown call" was Hue Jackason giving the ball to not one but TWO completely cold running backs on subsequent series, who BOTH fumbled the ball, instead of sticking with his starter who was having a Hell of a game. It was all very Browns.

That being said, Thanks Browns! I attended the game yesterday knowing full well that it was my best chance to see a Skins home win all season, and I was not disappointed. The best part was the rookie Browns QB - having a good game - who just KEPT going at Josh Norman because he was lighting it up with Pryor. Just kept going to the well cause he's a rookie QB having a good game, and hey, this is easy!

No it isn't. Well you gotta learn somehow, rook! The 15-yard penalty for "he shot the bow and arrow" was a new one though.

#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Um because the refs walk over to the scrum after the browns had it for a full 5-6 seconds acting like they still were verifying who had it. Then while ignoring that the Browns actually had it, called it redskins ball.
Browns inmediately get up with the ball in their possession. How is it possible that the redskins had it at any point?

I don't have cable, but is the espnverse making a big deal about this one?

If the Browns RB fumbled - and I think we all agree he did - then it's certainly "possible" a redskins got possession of it. Badly shot tv footage and an outraged dude on Twitter doesn't say otherwise.

#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I understand that your view of the play is completely biased, but the player goes to the ground, IMMEDIATELY gets back up and has the ball. This is very clear to see on the blurry video.

That isn't clear to me.

What did the commenters say during the broadcast? What was the outcome of the mandatory turnover review?

It seems silly to Bring up "bias." I mean, why would I care about this non-controversy that only seems to matter to a guy on Twitter? The redskins won the game.

#7379 3 years ago

The absolute worst NFL commentator right now has to be Phil Simms.

#7388 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dan Fouts is worse

Fouts is better by a beard.

Regardless, if you are following a team in a game being called by Fouts, your life is probably in pretty bad shape anyway.

Simms is unavoidable as he gets A games.

#7420 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

...and a QB who doesn't turn the ball over.

DOn't worry Romo will be back soon enough.

NFC East has won a lot of games. FInd some other division to pick on, morons!

1 week later
#7513 2 years ago

Redskins Offense is getting scary and nobody realizes it. They have so many weapons that when Jordan Reed is out it just means more chow for everybody else.

If Kirk Cousins can cut out his one boneheaded INT per game they are a top 5 offense.

Defense? Who know but they looked great destroying the Eagles. Who they own. That's four straight against the loathsome Eagles!

3 weeks later
#7592 2 years ago

I refuse to believe the Cowboys are the best team in the league and look forward to their eventual flameout.

And the Redskins will beat them on Turkey Day and it will be wonderful.

1 week later
#7605 2 years ago

The Redskins had something to do with how bad the packers look but let's just keep pretending the cowboys are the only good team in the division.

The Cowboys' eventual collapse this season is gonna be great. looking forward to beating the cowboys on thanksgiving just like last time.

#7607 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

You two need to devise a thanksgiving day wager

Sure. I challenge rob T to a thanksgiving wager.

When the Redskins win, Id like to see him in a photo holding a turkey leg while holding a sign that says "redskins rule and cowboys suck." I'd do the jersey challenge but lord knows I have no access to cowboys garbage and he can probably say the same of burgundy and gold paraphanelia.

I doubt he'll accept. Everybody knows Texans are all bluster and no mustard.

#7611 2 years ago

So not taking me up on the Bet. Got it. I understand cowboys fans don't all have the stones for a silly little crow bet with zero cash on the line that about 6 people will see. But you forfeit your right to gloat afterwards if the stadium is stocked with local refs and the boys escape victorious!

And Jesus Christ dude, just relax. It's the basement. Slamming your head against the wall in digital form is for arguing about pinball.

How bout those Redskins? Looking good. The new gm has turned them from a terrible team into a good team in a year and a half. All anybody has ever wanted from dan Snyder ... begged him for! ... for years was to get the hell away from the team and hire a good GM. It wasn't rocket science.

#7617 2 years ago

I wouldn't get too excited about the redskins. The packers have cornerbacks you've never heard of before, and we're thin across LBs as well. I figured we'd get beat up pretty good by Jordan Reed and DJax. It didn't really matter, we let everyone get over the top.
We're giving every QB we play HOF type numbers. Cousins is the same guy you thought he was before this game, it's just that he had a chance to play against an NCAA-FCS team.

The redskins have beaten five other teams besides the packers and most have winning records. Nobody is basing their opinion on Kirk cousins solely on feasting on the packers he's been having a great season. Thanks for letting us know the packers suck though, I hadn't figured that out on my own.

And yes the Giants can't seem to lose. I can't figure that one out either. I guess they are good?

Nah that can't be it.

#7639 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if it is not obvious, the NFL is just man soap opera with scripted seasons now-a-days. The bad calls are not bad calls, but just business decisions on what teams need to win in order to boost market and sell swag.
Sure these are atheletes, but the influence of the fluid script is obvious. Sometimes the calls need to be worse because they have a tight game and need to ensure an outcome. Ocassionally teams even win despite the refs trying to force it the other way.
The ratings are down because the reality tv script writing has gotten aweful. They need some new writers.

Also, chemtrails.

1 week later
#7709 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Lions at Saints, Sun Dec 4 at Noon ct on Fox.
Every game is a big game for the Saints due to the big hole they dug earlier this year.
Saints need to win to stay in.

Saints are done. They aren't running the table.

1 month later
#8445 2 years ago

It's always fun watching the Cowboys lose. I know the consensus is "big deal, they have a bright future!" but you never know how that's gonna pan out.

I really don't hate any of the teams left but I guess I'd like to see the Falcons go all the way. I'm sick of the Steelers and their obnoxious towel-waving fans, I'm tired of the Packers and their polite, generally nice fanbase, and I'm sick of the Patriots because I don't appreciate greatness when I'm actually experiencing it, though one day I will look back in wonder at the fact that I once breathed the same air as the greatest dynasty in history.

Basically I just hate the cowboys so now that that's over with I don't really care.

Go Dirty Birds!

My Picks are Packers (Rogers is just in unstoppable mode)
Patriots (who are we kidding the Steelers ain't gonna win this game)

1 month later
#8895 2 years ago

I guess three straight years of respectability was just too much to ask for.

It's humiliating and depressing being a Redskins fan.

6 months later
#9247 2 years ago

Redskins absolutely destroying LA right now. Oakland being smoked.

Lovin it!

#9253 2 years ago

What's not hypothetical is that the Redskins stomped the everliving shit out of the Raiders on national TV.

Wow.

#9255 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Appreantly a lot of people were ready to crown the Raiders' ass...not so quick boys.

A lot of people were quick to pick the Skins to finish last too.

Not so quick boys.

#9276 2 years ago

Laugh it up, Tom Brady isn't gonna live forever. In a very short time the Pats are gonna be just like everybody else.

#9280 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Terry Bradshaw is probably a close second, but there are some that would say he was the best.

Some would say Bradshaw was the best?!

Like...some who don't live in Pittsburgh?

Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm looking forward to seeing more info on the Brady vs. Bellicheck after his retirement. If Bellicheck ends up wining one without him it will be amazing...unlike the team inheriting coaches out here Brady is the team.

We've seen what a Bill Bellicheck-coached team accomplishes without Tom Brady.

I think he'll probably hang it up when Tom does.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Jimmy G might be the next A Rod who sat behind a future hall of famer for 3 seasons. There's a reason the hoodie didn't trade him. He's not Cassell, Mallet, etc.. I bet Vikings, Bears and Lions fans prayed for the day Favre retired. And turned out A Rod was even better. If he's half as good as Brady they should still dominate the division for years.

Sorry bro. Pats fans who think it's just gonna business as usual once Tom is done are completely delusional. The dynasty will be over immediately. Not to mention they are trading away draft picks like bubble gum to keep the train rolling. It's been an incredible run but it will be ending soon, that's how life works.

#9283 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Directv is refunding NFL packages

trying to get this thread shut down too huh

#9285 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like maybe some that do live in Pittsburgh.
Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger. In my years of watching Super Bowls Joe is still the greatest. And I'm not even a niners fan.
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2015/2/4/7972499/terry-bradshaw-steelers-super-bowl-tom-brady-patriots

Bradshaw isn't even in the conversation.

But Tom Brady certainly is.

I guess I'd say Joe Montana is the best, just because I'm old and that's what an old person would say.

But Bellechick got fucking lucky. Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach in NFL history. Nobody else has accomplished what he did with three different average at best QBs, and three very different teams. The only thing they had in common was a great O-line.

#9287 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

LOL.
Just to show you I'm not partial, the greatest single season performance I ever saw from a QB was Mark Rypien with those 91 Redskins. Of course he had a pretty good line in front of him.

True, and of course great receivers. I was watching some highlights of that season recently (this is what Redskins fans do for fun) and was taken aback by how much time he had and how ridiculously open the WRs were. But Mark could really throw the deep stuff for sure.

#9293 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Went 11-5 and only didn't go to the playoffs because the Fish had a fluke season? I don't think he'll retire for a wHile after that...but he's a wacko so impossible to guess.

He's no spring chicken, and he'll be losing his meal ticket.

I really think he'll retire.

#9296 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Could be, it's an ego thing really. He's already got all the cash and the hardware...it's all if he wants to see if he can do it on his own.

He can't.

And yeah we all know about 11-5 with that bum Casell. The Fish winning the division wasn't the only fluke that season.

LOL @ Jimmy G taking over an old team with depleted draft picks and just driving the gravy train back into the super bowl. Good luck with that.

#9301 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well we can all argue whom was the best qb, just circumstance, along for the ride, all time great etc etc. Once thing we can all agree on is Theisman deserved to go out the way he did that smug son of a bitch

Lol

He had great hair didn't he?

#9313 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He's got 4 Super Bowl MVPs too, so you've got to give him that as well. Joe only had three. Certainly he didn't do any of this all by himself as there is always somebody on the other end that has to catch the ball, and the Pats have had some amazing receivers over the stretch and still do.

Joe Montana

4 Super Bowls
0 Ints

Wow!

#9321 2 years ago

Skins won in 82 and drafted Darrell Green!

And what about D Clark? Was he real good or just The Catch?

#9334 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And the disappearing Timmy Smith!

Timmy had virtually nothing to do with that record breaking (STILL!) Super Bowl running yardage.

My mom could have picked up 100 yards with the holes that line was opening.

#9337 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I almost went to that game as it was at the Rose Bowl and wasn't that much to get in. I had to work though so I watched it there instead.
As a Dolphins fan I took it with a grain of salt and considered it pay back for what Czonka and Co. did to the Redskins in their first Super Bowl meeting. Dolphin's defense shut them out and the Skins only score was on special teams. Hilarious play it was.

Still a Dophins fan?

And Garo did his best!!!!

1 week later
#9378 2 years ago

I expect desean Jackson to have a good night against a bad pats D

1 week later
#9467 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Haha. Looks like niners just got screwed in wsh. Opp? Really??

Redskins won that game fair and square plenty of bullshit calls on both sides as usual. It's the nfl.

Now the JETS got screwed I don't know what the fuck was up with that replay call.

#9486 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

The NFL is a for profit business. Is Colin Kaepernick good or bad for business? No collusion necessary to answer that question. He filed in California though, so he'll probably win.

Is this REALLY gonna turn into another locked anthem protest discussion thread? Come on folks, we are better than this.

And hey how about AP in Arizona? He's old, but maybe he's got one more season in him. He really took the Bucs to the whopping room!

And did the Broncos just enter the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes? Their QBs suck, but I don't see how they can afford a free agent upgrade any more than the Redskins.

#9493 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

After watching the fish come back from 0-17 down (thank you DirectTV) and beating the Falcons in Atlanta, all I can say is wow! And the Chargers actually winning on a last second field goal instead of losing?

IMG_7567 (resized).JPG

Quoted from teekee:

So tired of hearing the whining about an illegal or late hit. The only reason why anyone is talking about the hit is because it resulted in a broken collar bone to one of the leagues gods. It was a typical hit we see every week. Clay Mathews aka Fabio has hit QB's numerous times just like that and worse over his career. Rodgers out of the pocket is the most dangerous QB there is... if you have a shot take the guy down and that's what Barr did. Textbook...

Looked like a late hit to me. I'm surprised there was no flag.

#9496 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hell no way, lucky if he took more than one step before he hit Rogers after the ball was gone.

I've seen flags thrown on less and so have you. Considering it was one of the league's golden boys iM VERY surprised there wasn't a flag.

1 month later
#9712 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Rumor has it Brylcreem Mcadoo is getting canned today.
Archie said Saturday that Eli just might retire instead of playing somewhere else. I don't see it.

If Eli were smart he'd hang it up. he's got two rings, he's rich, and his brain doesn't seem to be jelly yet.

I don't get the Giants, really. At this point they are still in contention for the #1 draft pick, so why not let porn stache and co. finish up the season?

I'm not really sure what happens now. Is Eli starting again? Does anybody care?

I'm a Redskins fan, and I'd be thrilled to see them lose out at this point. I'd think most Giants fans feel the same way.

4 weeks later
#9863 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Rumor out of Indy is they're going to go hard after David Shaw out of Stanford to team him up with Luck. Harbourgh is another candidate but don't see him leaving Michigan yet.
I don't think it matters as I think Luck is damaged goods and will never be as good as he was when he started. Wilson is leaps and bounds better which would have been blasphemy talk 5 years ago.

Yeah, Luck is probably finished. The curse of the 2012 draft.

Maybe he and RG3 will open a car dealership or something.

#9866 1 year ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

At least there was 1 good qb to come out of the 2012 draft class...

Kirk Cousins?

#9874 1 year ago

The Vikes ain't never won shit and they aren't gonna win shit. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

As much as it pains me the team to beat is still easily the Patriots. The Vikes will blow it like they always do.

Out of the NFC I like the Rams or the Saints. I'd have said the Eagles...but tough shit cheesesteak town that dream is over.

#9877 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Marvin Lewis gets 2 year contract. Haha. Typical bungles.
Carson Palmer announced his retirement also.

Who should they have hired?

Very few teams have any kind of a solid plan for a coach replacement beyond the Raiders. It's great to fire your guy but then who do you bring in? Doesn't look like a bumper crop for available coach hires this year.

Bengals basically punting this till next year and hope the next Sean McVay shows up. Like the Redskins. Who should have just fired Gruden and promoted the first Sean McVay.

#9899 1 year ago

That’s ancient history and he was never convicted of killing anybody. He skates on that, nobody cares, and Ray Lewis goes in first ballot. This is a board where half the people cling to “innocent until proven guilty” for Pinball designers accused of child porn, and we are gonna hold a grudge for Lewis?!

Owens should get in but it’ll take a few years since he was such a magnificent asshole. The same could be said for Moss.

Joe jacoby definetly deserves to get in even if he was often LT’s Bitch (but who wasn’t). As a skins fan I KNOW Jacoby deserves to get in but I worry that Russ Grimm will be the only one, representing the Hogs in entirety.

#9909 1 year ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Not convicted but he plea bargained.

Not to a murder charge he didn’t.

Come on man.

#9912 1 year ago

Damn Bills fans winning the hearts and minds of who dey nation never thought I’d see that

Hey bengals fans - would you really rather have Gruden back than another 2 years of marvelous Marv?

1 week later
#10095 1 year ago

The only way the Jags will win this game is if they can score more points than the Patriots. You heard it here first.

#10130 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't even think LT got a penalty when he ended Joe Theisman's career.
So yeah, things might have been a little different if Brady had been QB instead of Tony Eason when they went up against those '85 Bears, but I'm going to settle this once and for all. The Greatest QB of all time was.... Joe Mantegna.

Lt was a clean hit. wouldn’t draw a flag today. Marshall on Montana is borderline. Looks like he lead with the helmet.

I get tired of hearing people whining about the emphasis on protecting players today. Watch highlights of an old game and you’ll wince in every play. There’s literally a horse collar, late hit, head shot on EVERY PLAY. I don’t know why you’d be nostalgic for that it makes me wince.

Were the players tougher back then? Who gives a shit. Players shouldn’t be leading with their helmet. Players shouldn’t be hitting people late. Horse collars are bad.

If football is going to survive this change is necessary. Most people I know won’t let their kids play football and for good reason.

#10133 1 year ago
Quoted from dhard:

It's not about who's tougher as today's players are bigger stronger faster so the hitting is more severe back than the so called dirty hits was about intimidation

It was about brain damage. I can’t believe this is still even a discussion.

#10137 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Ffs let's all hope the game is better than that rendition of the anthem

Lol yeah that was terrible

#10190 1 year ago

I'm done selling the shitty Eagles short. They are going to win the Super Bowl!

#10196 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yeah Man, let the hate flow. And it’s Belicheat, not Belechit. If you are going to be butt-hurt, do it with respect for the greatest coach of all time, William Stephen Belichick. Or you could just call him Bill.

Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach of all time.

You try winning Super Bowls with Doug Williams, Joe Theisman, and Mark Rypien!

#10199 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm rooting for Philly because I like to see a team that has everything, and I mean everything going against them rise above all the BS and pull out a win.

You went from "I'm done" to "I'm rooting for Philly" in like 4 posts.

#10202 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

At this point I'll route for the Pats. Best coach & QB ever and they don;t have a ton of time left. I couldn;t stand them forever but as I've said before they out latest me.

Everybody hates the winners until they are gone, then you realize how special it was.

#10217 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had heard it mentioned Shula was the greatest coach of all time with 347 career wins and one perfect season.

You may of heard it but it's not true. Great coach sure but he hung around forever with limited success for a big chunk of those wins.

#10225 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

No love for Weeb Ewbank here?

Shitty coach even if he beat Shula!

Since we are playing "old timer trivia" most people don't know Buddy Ryan was an assistant coach on the '69 Jets!

#10227 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just remember Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride on the sideline. That boy had spunk!

I was at the game that got him fired the next day from the Eagles and it was glorious.

Spunk or not he was an obnoxious prick.

#10287 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sounds like the Redskins are considering franchise tagging Cousins a unprecedented 3rd time for a whopping 34 million next year

That would be just inane but I'd expect no less from the morons who run/own the team.

It's time to end this year to year bullshit. Try to sign him or let him go, either way we can't do this circus for another year. But we will because Dan Snyder is a fucking moron and so is his crony Bruce Allen.

And goddamn I'm sick of the pre-whining about the super bowl and the refs, give it a fucking rest. People are so sick of the game and hate the NFL yet they can't stop watching and bitching.

#10328 1 year ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

I’m torn on this years super bowl. Can’t bring myself to root for philly as I’m a skins fan and if they win I can’t dog them on never winning the big game anymore. Don’t want to root for the patriots because I have no excuse other than I’m a hater. Either way hopefully it’s a good game, with essentially no rooting interest that’s all I can hope for.

I’m in the same boat but it’s a no-brainer: I want the eagles to lose. Badly. Who gives a shit if the patriots win another one? So they have 6 instead of 5? Big deal.

Yesterday some asshole started singing “fly eagles fly” to me on the streets of Manhattan when he saw my redskins hat. I smiled and said “0-3 buddy!”

The eagles are insufferable and we can’t have them win their first super bowl. We just can’t.

That being said I think they win. I really don’t want them to, but I think they do.

#10362 1 year ago

Andy Reid fleeced the Skins again. Kendall Fuller is a GREAT young CB.

I do like smith, and I’m beyond sick of the Kirk Cousins drama and and handcuffs. I don’t think there’s gonna be much of a drop off from cousins to Smith.

#10433 1 year ago

Huh?

I thought the pats got all the calls?

Refs were a non factor. Calls
Were a non factor. Hardly any flags at all.

Great, clean game. Awesome.

#10453 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Wentz ....Foles a very content back up

Nope. Some QB-starved team will give up a 2nd rounder for Foles which the Eagles will gleefully accept.

#10465 1 year ago

So sick of fans of losing teams always whining about the officials.

It's part of the game and always will be. If you don't like it, stop watching.

No SANE person is going to say that officiating (good, bad, or otherwise) had any significant role in the outcome of the Super Bowl. On a day when both teams were good, Eagles were the better team and the Eagles won, simple as that.

#10468 1 year ago
Quoted from dhard:

No it has to do with all the whining about the pats getting all the calls supposedly so shove your hypocrisy

Derrerrrrrrp

When did I ever complain about the pats getting all the calls? Not my style.

Pats got schooled by a backup today man. It happens. Officials had nothing to do with it.

#10499 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really? That sack fumble was his poor decision (ego got in his way that time). Combined with his inability to catch that pass...
I would say those were the 2 biggest plays that would have changed the game.

I'd say you are wrong.

The sack/fumble was a GREAT play by the D lineman it's hard to put that on Brady. Plus, who knows if they even would have got a first down much less drove down the field for a TD if that fumble didn't happen?

The Brady drop, it's also hard to say that's a game-changer. He wouldn't have scored a TD. he would have likely gotten a 15-20 yard first down reception and then run out of bounds rather than get creamed by a linebacker. And it's not like it was a PERFECT pass - a degree of atheleticism was required to pull that one in and Brady is a 40-year old man. The throw to Foles was right on the money and a much easier grab for the Eagles' QB.

I guess you can say anything "would have changed the game" but it's pretty ridiculous to try to pin the loss on Brady because of those two plays. How do you think the Pats would have done without his 500 yards passing?

#10528 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

He's still sharp and in great shape, but I imagine it's not going to get any easier for him from here on out.

People have been burying Tom Brady for at least five years every time he loses a game. Washups and old men don't throw for 500 yards or put together seasons like Tom just did.

I will note that - at least in my (long and getting longer) memory, I can't think of a QB who has played at a high level after the age of 40. And TB12 is going to be 41 next year.

Is he truly a freak of nature? Has his "revolutionary" training method and intense dedication to staying in shape truly changed the game, allowing talents like him to play at a high level well into their 40s?

Or is he gonna look like crap next season, just like Bret Favre did in his last season despite lighting it up the year before?

We'll see. I'll be amazed if there isn't a significant drop off, because as I said, I've never seen anybody pull it off.

#10544 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

TB gets a lot of credit, and well he should. Who doesnt get enough credit is the offensive line. I mean really that guy gets to stand in the pocket and make plays, he rarely sees the pressure that most QB’s face. I do think he could of run a little faster to catch that ball. It was a good throw, just seemed liked he was jogging out of the tunnel for his ovation...
The difference yesterday was they couldn’t wear the Eagle’s defence down. In fact they looked stronger towards the end. Was the first questionable TD questionable? Absolutely. As an Eagle’s fan i was sure that would get overruled. But after the review they said call stands. Not confirmed. Meaning they didnt have definative evidence to overturn. If the refs called it no catch originally it would have been a diff story. Im not defending the call - contact the review officials if you feel the need to complain. That said its impossible to say what would of happened if the call was reversed. Maybe they would of just scored a diff TD a diff way. You don’t beat the Patriots kicking a bunch of FG’s!
Any way you look at it i say that was the best Superbowl ever, at least that i can remember. Not because the Eagle’s won. And not because the Patriots lost. Just a fabulous display of football on both sides.

I don’t reallty agree with that. Remember the 2nd half where the pats were marching up and down the field? Eagles D was starting to look pretty worn down to me. Neither defense was exactly stellar - were there any punts in this game?! But the eagles did make a couple big 4th down stops and of course the strip of Brady at the end.

#10552 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm watching an interview they did with Nick Foles at Disneyworld earlier today. He's got to be one of the most humble winners this game has seen. He deserves it for sure. Certainly a class act.

I don't really like my football players humble. Entertain me please!

#10554 1 year ago
Quoted from mcclad:

And if Brady did not shake hands after the game, there is no excuse for that.

Brady has NEVER shaken the hand of a winning QB when he's lost a super bowl, he's 0-3 now. Plenty of other QBs, for whatever reason, have avoided a post-super bowl loss handshake (including St. Peyton Manning vs. New Orleans).

I really couldn't care less. Not sure how Brady shaking or not shaking someone's hand really affects me or anybody else in the universe. Post-super Bowl it was about the Eagles, not the Patriots.

#10560 1 year ago

17 years? You bet your ass it was a good run.

All the people writing “the dynasty is over” stories are asking for it though. They could look awful stupid in a year.

They are losing their coordinator of their awful defense? Not sure what’s to be lost there. That O runs itself these days also. I think it really comes down to whether or not Brady falls off the cliff like most 41-year old QBs next year.

#10562 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's why I included the word "might".

Bold prediction

Redskins might win the super bowl next year. You heard it here first!

#10564 1 year ago

League year starts mid March so do it then

#10567 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Either way, that's why hockey is great. Everybody shakes everybody's hand at the end to congratulate them on the victory.

It's a big deal because it's respect…and Brady thinks he is the best and above that. Foles deserved it. The fact that he makes a habit of it speaks volumes. He is a sore loser period. How many of the greats, Marino, Favre, Elway, other than Manning once, had a reputation for disrespecting their fellow player? Even the Pats fans in here are saying it was wrong he didn't.

So you’d LIKE Brady if he shook hands with Foles?

Everybody hates him already so what’s the difference. And what's with letting St. Manning off the hook - his diss of Drew Brees is as bad as anything I've ever heard of.

Like I said I really couldn’t care less if Tom Brady gives nick Foles the proper respect. Just doesn’t affect me at all. And if I were an eagles fan I REALLY wouldn’t care, I’d probably still be drunk! Also...I stupidly went down the worm hole...apparently Brady shook hands with several Eagles players later on - there's even photographic proof! Is he off the hook?

#10569 1 year ago

Here's a pretty good article on the hand-shaking thing with tons of quotes from SB winning and losing players and why there's a good case to be made that it's all nonsense. This isn't Little League for Christ's sake!:

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/1/31/16903284/super-bowl-new-england-patriots-philadelphia-eagles-handshake

#10571 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I miss football when people hated each other.

The Eagles teams I really remember - the Buddy Ryan days - I'll just say they had a unique take on "sportsmanship."

#10580 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

In 2009 and 2010 the Patriots didn't even have an offensive coordinator. They finished with a combined 24-8 record in those two seasons. They will be fine offensively next year with the homegrown replacement for McDaniels.
The dynasty is almost over but not before a reloaded defense and a revenge tour next year.

I’m not ready to file an autopsy but “they’ll be fine?”

If gronk retires and Brady suddenly looks 41 - like every other 41-year old qb before him - they most certainly won’t be fine!!

It’s the eagles I’m worried about. I can’t stomach the idea of them dominating the NFC East for years to come.

#10589 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

While Rogers is certainly in the top 10, I don't think he is better than Brady.

Wow that’s a surprise. Maybe Bill isn’t sticking around.

#10593 1 year ago

The pats gave him more money and probably a vague promise he’ll take over soon. Kinda like the arrangement Bill always had with the Jets.

Josh probably also really didn’t want to move his family to Indiana. It’s not for everybody.

Lord knows whats really gonna happen though. You can never tell the future and he could have pissed away his last chance at being a HC.

#10602 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Just a little of what is being said in Indianapolis.
There is sleazy, and then there's Josh McDaniels.
There is duplicitous, and then there's Josh McDaniels.
There is fraudulent, and then there's Josh McDaniels.
There is, well, I can't use most of the words that accurately describe McDaniels, who left the Colts at the altar Tuesday, backing out of the team's head coaching job less than 24 hours before an introductory press conference scheduled for 4 p.m. Wednesday at Lucas Oil Stadium.
I feel sorry for the members of HIS team that were being put together that already signed and moved here.
Added: We are starting to call it "Coachgate" already.

Well you know as well as anybody: it ain’t a deal till you are loading up the truck!!

#10605 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Brady
17 Years, 15 DivChamp, 12 AFCCG, 8 SB Trips, 5 Titles, 4 SB MVPs, 3 NFL MVPs, 66k yards, 488 TDs
vs. Montana
16 Years, 10 DivChamp, 8 NFCCG, 4 SB Trips, 4 Titles, 3 SB MVPs, 2 NFL MVPs, 40k yards, 273 TDs
What are you using as a comparison?

People have a lot of reasons for their opinions on this stuff. I think Tom is the GOAT. But Montana was something special, and a lot of (old) people might say he had tougher competition in the NFC in those days. Certainly, brady has been lucky enough to feast on a TERRIBLE division for almost his entire career, getting to play the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins twice every year.

But his stats and accomplishments are undeniable, especially as the ONLY player to be on all of those Pats super bowl teams since his first one. It really is incredible...that team has turned over like 3 times since his run began.

#10607 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Joe Montana
4-0 in Super Bowls
11 touchdowns 0 interceptions.
In baseball that's called batting 1000.

Mark Rypien is 1-0 in Super Bowls so I think he's in the convo.

#10620 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Montana = shorter season and far more physically punishing.
Brady = longer season and less physical punishment

Montana didn't play in the 50s!!!! I'm pretty sure he played during 16-game seasons just like Brady.

#10623 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Well then I say RGIII is the greatest QB ever. Before the injuries he was almost unstoppable!

For sure!

#10628 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well whilst he was riding the pine Cunninham had already started that revolution. Sadly those pesky concussions didn;t help anyone

The revolution comes and goes. Elway and Young were both mobile guys. Now you have Cam, Wilson (whose had the most success), and athletic guys like Alex Smith who do well extending plays.

Cuningham was the most electrifying - his highlight reel stuff from the late 80s/early 90s is amazing. RG3 was right up there but that crash and burn was fast and ugly.

#10645 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

they did not cheat back then...

Lol

They were all on roids and speed.

#10648 1 year ago
Quoted from dhard:

I seen an article where the spice girls are reuniting maybe they'll be next year's halftime entertainment

It’s certainly weird enough for it.

Reportedly posh is agreeing “on the condition that she doesn’t have to sing.”

As far as this “best ever” argument?

Come on folks. It’s settled. The 5th ring settled it. The longevity settled it. The 8...EIGHT Super Bowls with changing
Casts of characters settled it. At this point it’s almost getting embarrassing to try to compare the two, BrAdy is so dominant in a side by side.

I’m sorry but it’s true. There’s always gonna be old guys who think whoever lit it up when they were young is the GOAT cause old but no matter what in the future, it’s going to be a very distinct minority still clinging to the idea that Montana is the goat and Brady isn’t.

#10652 1 year ago

Really good point.

It’s settled because nick Foles single handedly defeated tom Brady, therefore he is better.

There’s only one guy on a football team.

#10670 1 year ago

Yeah Joe Montana had no teammates, just a bunch of scrubs, never heard of any of those guys and I can't even remember the coach's name. Singlehandedly won super bowls. Somehow wasn't able to replicate it in Kansas City but that's probably cause of bad coaching.

Also, it was WAY harder to put together a solid team back in the pre-salary cap days!

Am I being sarcastic? I don't even know anymore! This thread is making me dumber by the minute.

#10673 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nah, that's because he got beat in the playoffs single handedly by the greatest QB of all time. An believe me, that guy didn't have much help.

Far out man

#10675 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wade Wilson?

I think he meant Joe Theisman, who single-handedly wiped the floor with Montana's rag-doll like body in 1983.

Or maybe he means Jeff Hostetler, that HOF world-beater who absolutely destroyed Montana in 1990. The same Hostetler who also obliterated that scrub loser Jim Kelly a week later.

Montana = JAG. Sure he could game-manage when given a superior team but when he had to do it on his own he lost to backups like Hostetler.

See how easy this is? Arguing NFL the Odin way - ANYBODY can do it!

#10677 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wade Wilson was an awesome QB. I saw him single handedly beat the playoff bound Rams at Anaheim stadium back in the day.
But this is the game I was referring to. It took ten years, but revenge was finally served.

Remember when he got hurt as a Saints QB and the home crowd started cheering?

Prepare to be entertained!

(also Wade Wilson sucked)

#10680 1 year ago

Easy to go down the Jim Mora rabbit hole. Once he out of the blue called into some local cable sports show to say it makes him wants to vomit and the guys on the show are idiots. He was a good coach but couldn't win a playoff game.

#10686 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes his career 57.3 completion rating only matched by his 99-102 TD to INT was a sight to behold. Man remember that one year when he threw 15 TDs...whoooaaaa.

Well, he once beat Joe Montana, personally.

On the other hand, he also once lost a game to Gus Frerrote!

It can be really confusing sometimes trying to figure out who is better than who with all these guys losing to scrubs all the time.

#10688 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I meant he was awesome on the day he played the Rams. lol
Anyway, I still find it funny that some are going on and on about the loser of this year's super bowl and three of his last five being the greatest of all time. lol.
Then certainly Jim Kelly belongs in the discussion as he took his team to four straight super bowls. A feat that was never done before and has not been replicated since.
That's right. Four in a row!

Jim Kelly CHOKED in most of those super bowls, and was let down by his teammates as well. We all know about Thurman Thomas being unable to find his helmet in his first drive against the Redskins.

Kelly is never gonna in the conversation as GOAT because he lost all those Super Bowls, playing poorly in most of them. But he's in the Hall of Fame and in good health, so I doubt he really gives a shit.

The only GOAT conversation he's in right now is "best ever Bills QB." I'd say he's got that on lockdown.

#10692 1 year ago

Jimmy G signs a massive contract with the 49ers. I believe $74 million guaranteed for 3 year - $137 million 5-year deal.

#10694 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

And that's how I have a hard time wrapping my head around this greatest of all time shit.
How can you be the greatest of all time when you got beat twice in the big game by the same QB who is not the greatest of all time?

Because it's a team game and Eli didn't "beat" Tom Brady, just like Foles didn't "beat" Tom Brady.

You've been watching football for like 60 years and you don't get that?

You have to look at the totality of career. Not too many people are gonna say Leon Spinks was a better boxer than Muhammad Ali just because he beat him. These are things you generally have to explain to a 6-year old.

#10698 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I totally get it. That's the ridiculousness of all this. Without a great team or some advantage or luck, you don't win no matter who the QB is.

Boil it down to this - you are assembling a football team. You can pick all players from all eras, for one championship game against a team of similar strength.

WHo do you want to pick? That's who you think the greatest QB of all time is. You'd pick Montana. I'd pick Brady.

Nobody would pick Wade Wilson. A few Bills fans might pick Jim Kelly even though tended to choke in the big games. etc. etc. etc.

#10715 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What are your thoughts on Larry Holmes? Sure, he was a good boxer, but better than Ali?

Larry was a great fighter. He had no charisma, was kinda flabby, and he mopped up the division at a time when The competition was weak.

It’s hard to rate him. I do think in his prime - or even 1975, when Holmes was Ali’s sparring partner - ali would have beat him pretty easily. But seriously, Ali in 1967? Nobody was ever better.

Ever. Watch some of those fights. Amazing.

#10718 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well to simplify, let's just say if either Frazier or Norton had been 2-0 against Ali while he was in his prime, we might be singing a little different tune today about who was the greatest.
But that's not the way it was or will ever be.

Norton WAS 2-1 against ali in his career.

He just got robbed in ‘76, big time.

6 months later
#10754 1 year ago

Not sure why anybody thinks nfl players don’t deserve their pay. Who should be getting it, the owners? Half of them inherited their teams. Most were born rich or are just stupid lucky idiots like Dan Snyder, who got rich quick, bought my favorite team, and has
Spent almost 20 years destroying it.

And yet the owners still make more than the players who do all the work and take all the brain damage.

Not feelin the “nfl players are overpaid divas” concept. There’s not a bigger overpaid diva in the world than Jerry Jones or most of his owner cronies. Jones has more plastic surgery than a real Dallas housewife.

#10758 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That is not what I said at all. I said for the amount of money they make, I believe they can play two more games per year. That simple.

Sure, get rid of the preseason games I’m all for it. First few weeks of the season may be sloppier than usual though.

#10760 1 year ago

It’s true. I really don’t see an 18-game season being better. Will it really make a difference? By week 16 we know who the good teams are. Don’t see why it would be an improvement, and we’d just see more injuries.

Don’t forget the underpaid non-divas from back in the day played fewer games.

#10800 1 year ago

Redskins will win the NFC and AP is running for 2,100 yards. Gonna be sweet!

#10818 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

AP’s knees are spent. I’m sure they feel better with Smith at the helm, but some actually prefer Cousins. Skins are gonna go 8-8.[quoted image]

Of course I was joking about 2000 yards and the skins winning anything.

But I don’t believe for a second AP is shot watch him he’s got the moves.

And the skins didn’t look like an 8-8 team last night. I know it’s nice to get your first ring (I think I was 7 when the skins got theirs ) but don’t fool yourself into believing the birds are some unbeatable dynasty all of a sudden. A different team wins the nfc east every year no reason to think it won’t be different in 2018.

#10823 1 year ago
Quoted from SteveO:

When are the Giants going to give up on Erik Flowers? He was bad on the left side of the line and now he is bad on the right side.

He’s a bum

#10824 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

They didn’t look like an 8-8 team last night. I’ll give you that. I think they are definitely more stacked this year.
As to the Birds, are you related to Collinsworth? My team can’t even get due credit when they win a friggin Super Bowl, let alone with a back up quarterback (who did nothing with KC or the Rams before coming back here) and against the damn Patriots.
I never said they were “some unbeatable dynasty”, but Foles is so up-and-down that once Wentz comes back it will be a completely different story, assuming he stays healthy. He was slated to be the MVP last year, and would’ve had a ridiculous record-setting season had he finished it out.

Every single fan of every single NFL team thinks the media gives their teAm a hard deal. Even pats fans I bet.

I just got opinions like you got nothing to do with collinsworth or any other chump who gets paid to talk shit about nfl teams. I do it for free.

#10827 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

We are all aware of that.
Watching the games tonight, looks like Matt Patricia shouldn’t have left New England, and the Jets are going to end up with a better record than the Giants.

There’s games tonight? Sweet.

It was weird being in Finland on NFL first Sunday! But kinda cool that I could do a full day of stuff and start watching red zone at 8pm.

Glad to be back in the good ole USA

There’s no damn way the jets are any good!!

Raiders rams should be fun.

#10837 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Whatever dude. Boo hoo about fantasy football. I'll never understand that crap. Just watch the games and root for your team. Fantasy football, ugh. This is real life for him. Until the owners guarantee contracts, why should he guarantee one? Why side with a billionaire? And the word is loses, not looses.

I understand the Fantasy stuff, why it's fun, why people get addicted to it. What I don't understand is why anybody thinks anybody else gives two shits about their fantasy team or how you did this week or how you think you'll do next week. Like...2 billion people play fantasy football why do you think I or anybody else cares about yours?

I could never do it. I did a fantasy baseball team once like 25 years ago, I didn't have the patience or temperment for it and keeping up with it just felt like more high school homework I didn't want, and I think it would ruin my enjoyment of the NFL and certainly cause me to either stock up on way too many Redskins or have to root against my team all the time.

#10850 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

AP’s knees are spent. I’m sure they feel better with Smith at the helm, but some actually prefer Cousins. Skins are gonna go 8-8.[quoted image]

Redskins sure didn’t look like an 8-8 teAm today!

#10852 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, and the Eagles did. We’ll see what happens by the end of the season. Good luck.

I miss me some DeSean Jackson. Yeah you get like 10 games a year due to injury or lack of motivation but he’s fast and his ball awareness and hands are fantastic.

#10884 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Baker friggin Mayfield. Holy shit. Looks like Taylor is out of a job.

I'm sure the BIlls wouldn't mind having him back.

1 week later
#10909 1 year ago

I think Frank Reich might have some CTE setting in. Bonehead call costs the Colts a tie.

Good day for the Redskins! Looks like they’ll win the bye week.

#10912 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Falcons are the best 1-3 team ever....

Their defense can’t stop anybody. Looks like a 1-3 team to me.

1 week later
#10915 1 year ago
Quoted from Spencer:

First, why the fuck would Seattle not call time outs before the 2 minute warning?? and then why in the fucking hell are you calling a time out for when the Rams are going to punt?? The clock is already stopped and the punter is on the field with the play clock running..... What a complete mess..

Yep. Bonehead all around. They would
Have punted without that time out. You really
Want to give them time to think about it?

Also the falcons are terrible. The worst 1-4 team their defense can’t stop anybody.

#10919 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

It really doesn’t matter as the Rams ended up going for it and getting the first down. Love the call, don’t give em a chance to go down and win. Ha ha Seattle.

It matters because the Rams were out of time outs and already had their punt team out there.

If the Seahawks didn't call a time out for no particular reason (and wouldn't that time out - their LAST - been good to save for their final drive), they likely would have gotten the ball back.

#10921 1 year ago

Makes no sense.

They would have got the ball back with a minute left and 1 time out.

Instead they didn’t get the ball back with a minute left and zero time outs. Brilliant.

I think some times these guys get too cute for their own good. Like when they do the last second ice the kicker move, the kicker misses, gets another shot and makes it. My personal fave!

2 weeks later
#10983 12 months ago

Boooom!

Skins win. Cowboys lose. Eagles lose!

Adrian Peterson one of the best scrap heap signings ever.

#10984 12 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus Redskins Cowboys was a great game of horribe-ness.

It was all wonderfullness!!

#10989 12 months ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I wish the NFL would put a ban on gloves. Thee gloves must be made out of flypaper with the number of one-handed grabs each week. They made Lester Hayes stop wearing stick um. It's time to give the defensive players a break.

No it's not.

Those catches are awesome and one of the reasons people like football.

#10991 12 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Cowboys got burned on that false start penalty!! Buuut, they did get amari cooper for a 1st round pick!! Raiders seem to be trying to tank and accumulate draft picks! They got the bears 1st rounder next year too. Who's next to go?!

It's not a bad approach - a ton of first rounders (and the Cowboys' will be high since they suck) and tons of cap space for Gruden to assemble a young team he likes.

As far as the Cowboys? Well they need a receiver so I guess not a bad trade. I don't think receivers are really their problem though. Dak is looking like a one-year wonder, Coach Jerry Jones is not a good football coach, and their line is aging and overrated. And, the Cowboys aren't exactly swimming in cap space and Dak and Amari Cooper - among others - are going to have to get paid soon.

As a Redskins fan this trade and what it means big picture for the Cowboys doesn't scare me.

#11003 11 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Ok .. they suck.. who cares! U really can't hate a sports franchise that much. can ya?! And what hype? Ain't nobody picking them cowboys to win it! Their division is up for grabs tho!

The more I think about it, the more I think this was a terrible deal for the Cowboys. Amari Cooper is not a true #1 receiver. He's worth a 3rd round pick, which is the best anybody else was offering.

This does NOT help the cowboys. He's not cheap, they have a ton of contracts coming up and no cap space. They may end up cutting him next year when they realize he sucks!

The smart thing for Jones to do would be suck up his pride and bring Dez back. Would have solved their issue and let them keep their #1.

Time will tell but I think it's a shitty deal for the Cowboys. Love that the SKins beating them made them this desperate.

#11006 11 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I have no idea why it took you this long to figure it out? Jerry is horrible at doing deals. Around Lion country everyone has a laugh remebing when he gave up a 1st & 3rd for a 49 year old Roy Williams!

I didn't know shit about Amari Cooper is what took me so long.

Looking into it I now realize they got absolutely fleeced for a b-level receiver who might not even be on their team in a year or so. Galloway/Roy Williams redux!

None of this is gonna help make Dak a better QB. This trade might have actually made sense if Romo were still playing.

The other thing is that the Cowboys have been GOOD at picking in the first round. Well, not next year!

I love it. Screw the Cowboys. They got beat by Grudens two days in a row.

#11023 11 months ago