200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240418-055421.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (86 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (39 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2,044 posts in this topic match your search for posts by daditude. You are on page 1 of 9.
#11630 5 years ago

Im just thankful my Cowboys have clinched the division.
Of course, if philly gets eliminated...that would be a stockibg stuffer.

1 week later
#11681 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

On to Dallas! I like our chances...

The seahawks are going down!

#11703 5 years ago

Im rooting for the Cowboys all the way.

I don't care nearly as much about the other games, but the bears look scary right now.

#11717 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I like the hawks in the playoffs this year, we are built so we can take out anyone! The run game just soaks up all the game time with really time consuming drives and our defense is tough in the redzone.

Quoted from TheLaw:

For sure against Cowboys.

I will be accepting your apologies on Saturday night

#11734 5 years ago

Cowboys won...as predicted. Everyone come eat some crow

#11737 5 years ago

I just dont see philly beating the bears. Chargers and baltimore is a coin flip for me, but if i have to pick...ill go with L.A.

#11741 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Tough loss, but a great season overall with how low expectations were in the offseason. I think there is a lot to like for next year

Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, but the D on the Hawks held the Cowgirls to barely any points the whole first half. Their offense should’ve stepped up and helped out, and put some points up then.

Time to eat crow, guys....

#11826 5 years ago

I went 3 of 4 from last week. I wil try again:

This weeks picks:
NO (I hate the eagles, and i'm shocked they made it this far)
KC
Cowboys (they are my team, there is NO way I'm not picking them)
LAC

#11836 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hope you’re prepared to EAT CROW if they lose.

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I doubt it, seems like the usual Cowboys fan

Im still waiting on a slew of other people to admit tbey were wrong about the Cowboys...

Wonder when that will happen??

#11840 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ll admit I was wrong...if you admit that you watched the Fly Eagles Fly video I posted above and sang along with it as it played.

Never gonna watch it. I will, however, watch the eagles get their guts stomped out (again) by the saints this weekend. Enjoy your hope while it lasts.

#11867 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t know...Chiefs are giving 5 1/2 as of now. Luck + 5.5? Sounds like even Vegas doesn’t think Luck’s gonna pull it off.

Vegas missed 3 of 4 games last week. Just sayin...

#11880 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Come on daditude let’s get ready for the game...
E....A....G....L....E....S.......Eagles!

What % chance do you think the eagles have to win?

#11883 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Realistically? 65%. If the Bears game didn’t teach NFL fans that shit happens, I don’t know what will.
If the Birds can put up some points, and a decent amount, their defense has stepped it up enough in recent weeks. As long as Maddox practiced defending double moves this week.
I think the Saints D was ranked 3rd in regular season defense, so I’m optimistic after the display in the Bears game and the Birds putting up some points against the #1 ranked defense.

Wow! That is some wild optimism!
Of course, with the valiant return of foles and remembering last year's improbable run to a SB win, i guess i can't blame you.

#11886 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It’ll be a damn miracle if the Eagles are ever given credit for accomplishing anything without “luck”, or given a break from other fans or the refs.
Have they gotten some good, fortuitous bounces? Sure. But no team wins the Super Bowl without some great playing, hard work and talent. I’ve never seen a road to the big game and a win based solely on luck.
They beat the friggin Patriots, which is no easy task. Ask 5 other teams that put bling on Brady’s finger.

Your 65% prediction along with the longest pin wishlist I have ever witnessed make me believe you are a "glass is half full" type of guy.

#11891 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

LMFAO. And add in that some games on my list are definitely improbable to come across.

Which ones?

#11894 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I really just wanted to use the word improbable again.
But with a quick comment so the thread doesn’t get derailed...Nosferatu, Mephisto, Miss World and several others.

If you want to pm me a list, i will look over it. I know a guy that is about to unleash a MAJOR pin collection of 60+ pins.
Im not sure what all he has, but it wouldnt hurt to double check it for you.

#11906 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I can't say I'm psyched for either of the Saturday games. The matchups just don't seem great.
I don't think the Colts can upset the Chiefs, and I don't want them to..
I feel the same way about the Cowboys upsetting the Rams.
The Chargers and Pats are a decent matchup. I want to see the them walk away from Foxboro with a win.
Philly and NO.. if Philly wins it will be close, otherwise it feels like a blowout the other way. It would be cool to see the Eagles move one step close to a repeat, but it just feels unlikely in the dome.

Surely you jest. Have you been watching the colts lately? They have been playing lights out. The chiefs have stumbled ever since they lost Hunt.

The Cowboys and Rams are two running/clock controlling teams with the best RBs in the nfl. Real old school. It should be a grinder.

Im super excited about them.

#11914 5 years ago

Andrew Luck is very good, but his team has refused to improve their o-line (until recently), and he has had some big injuries (partially due to the o-line, but also bad "luck" and trying to rush back to play too soon). A healthy luck is a top 10 qb easily...a healthy luck with a decent o-line is top 5.

#11940 5 years ago

Im hoping for a saints/chargers superbowl.

My Cowboys lost. I felt they had a chance (which they did), but they didn't finish it off.
I thought the colts might put up a better showing too based on what they have doing lately, but that didn't happen.

My hope is that both games today are good, high scoring affairs. An eagles loss would be fantastic...but other than that, I just want good football. I no longer have a dog in the fight.

#11943 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Come on, the Cowboys won a playoff game… back in 1995.
Dak just doesn’t seem to be the last drive/2 minute drill kind of guy, or doesn’t come up big when it’s needed. Like I keep saying over and over again, shut down Elliot and you shut down the Cowboys. Held to 47 yards on 20 carries, and they lost. Exactly.
At least you have your cheerleaders, right?

We have a very good, young team. Arguably the best "young" team in the nfl. 2 divisional round playoff appearances in 3 years. Not bad.
It is all about getting to the next level though. Our identity on o-line has been ravaged by injuries. Dak hasn't proved he could be much more than a mediocre NFL qb without a top end line or at least running the ball a lot.

It was unfortunate we lost, but the needle is headed upwards.

#12026 5 years ago

Both games look epic!

I really want to see Saints vs. Chiefs, but it will probably go the opposite way.

A rematch on that legendary MNF game with rams/chiefs would be pretty awesome too.

I just don't want the patriots to win, lol

#12032 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Uhhh...yeah.
About those games this weekend...

I had to double-check to make sure I was in the right forum for a second.

#12045 5 years ago

I will admit that whats the pats have done is amazing, but that doesn't help me as a Cowboys fan. Im ready for someone else (preferably...the Cowboys) to win.

Football is an incredibly complex sport, and it is impossible to say which player is the "best," what would happen without a certain coach, etc. There are just so many factors involved.

#12069 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's already the best QB by far, unless people are being stubborn(stupid).
He's the best at his position that is the most important position.
The only true knock on him is another dominant dynasty...but there have been some other great teams during that time...and the amount of time is just crazy.

Debateable. Other QBs have been highly successful in that system as well (garrapolo, cassell, bledsoe).
Tom Brady isn't even the best QB playing currently.

Not to take anything away from him. His career has been great, and he has certainly been one of the best of all time, but there are other factors.

2 weeks later
#12525 5 years ago

These playoffs didnt go at all how i hoped. Of course, we now have no football for 7 months...

#12529 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These days I truly have trouble remembering past 2 or 3 years. So yes this was surely the worst in the past 2 or 3 years!

Wait a minute! I let you borrow $5k four years ago!

1 week later
#12719 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

A man can never have too much football guys! Give this a chance!

My sentiments exactly.

1 week later
#12730 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But the Patriots just can't catch a break! IT'S SO WRONG!!!

It's a hard knock life

#12749 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I can't understand why someone with his money would have to resort to something illegal like this. That's why my respect for him, (if guilty,) goes out the window. You would think that he could get women without breaking the law, and being associated with that type of place.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I couldn't understand why Robert Irsay - a billionaire - can't call a cab instead of driving home drunk and on pills from a bar. Dude could hire a limo every night for this. Dude could hire a helicopter.
I think there's a certain arrogance that comes with being that rich. Rich guys get busted all the time for relatively minor crimes which could be easily avoided.

I think there are a couple of reasons.
Even though it is illegal, rich people really tend to get away with a lot. In fact...i am not a big believer in race or gender inequality, but class inequality is alive and well.
He probably did this 1,000 times before and thought nothing of it.

There is a certain NSA (no strings attached) appeal that goes along with it. How many pro athletes have we heard of that get "trapped" and end up shelling out millions for child support?

6 months later
#13185 4 years ago

Shouldn't this be the 2019-2020 thread??

#13189 4 years ago

We should just get the year removed - no real reason for it since it's an ongoing thread.

We could go retro:
1928-29

#13205 4 years ago

If only I had season tickets and 1,000 pinball machines

#13274 4 years ago

What kind of sandwich?

Quoted from TheLaw:

The saddest thing is I have no idea anymore. Gettin old!
I think I remember some turkey...all that blood buy a very white meat really stood out

Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich???

#13349 4 years ago

I love this time of year! I am so excited for the NFL season!!

Bring it on!!!!!

1 week later
#13632 4 years ago

"Taking the top of Ds"

Wasn't that Jenna jameson's tag line?

#13653 4 years ago

Screenshot_2019-09-08-18-39-51~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-09-08-18-39-51~2 (resized).png
#13720 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey I’m desperate to get out of jury duty today. Any suggestions?
Save me from this hell, please!

Tell them you are a redskins fan, they will take pity on you

#13731 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No calling someone a thug is not racist... and yes AB is an F'n THUG! Plenty of them in the NFL but I love it anyway!

Quoted from fosaisu:

Evidently it’s an Ohio thing.

I wouldn't necessarily call AB a thug. An asshole and a cancer, yes...but not a thug.

Aaron Hernandez was a thug.

#13749 4 years ago

I didn't expect to see the raiders beating the broncos like this...

#13804 4 years ago

Yea!! We have football tomorrow too!!!

#13902 4 years ago

I can't believe I sat godwin...

He is officially going in the starting lineup.

#13946 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm taking Minn. over GB., 27-21 today. Should Chicago lose today it will be a very hard road back from 2 games down early.

This was my toughest "pickem" game. I went with GB, but I could see multiple scenarios with this game going either way.

#13970 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If the Birds pull this one off with half my team on the sideline, it’ll be a fucking miracle.

As a Cowboys fan...I have to be somewhat happy, but I have Wentz on my fantasy team! He had his worst half EVER today...

#13994 4 years ago

Not the best week of football. Looking forward to tomorrow night. I don't know why, I just am.

Every week of football is a good week.

#14072 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Wow...Cleveland. Semen’s gonna feel that ankle pain tomorrow.

"Semen"?????

Lolololololol

#14077 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
Ain't that just like a Cowboys fan to think his team (of whom he can name 4 players) played the Patriots on Sunday.
Reminds me of these guys:
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/how-well-do-cowboys-fans-fedex-know-their-team-investigation

Don't spread hate because your team keeps losing and you are jealous! Lololol

#14319 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I need the Browns to win to save me from paying Vic $25.

Lol! I was wondering if y'all remembered

#14326 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Pm sent. Your office pool picks this week didn’t go so well.
Browns looked a lot better than their first two games. It was a good day for football. The teams I wanted to win won, and the team from San Diego who has invaded my city lost.

I didn't do extremely well on my pickems...or in my big money FF league, but the Cowboys won...so all is right in the world.

#14366 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I haven't look at the MNF schedule this season.......I will go look it over. I guess I will find something else to do on Monday nights

I'm just happy football season is back. This is my favorite time of year. Having said that, the MNF games could be better. Here's the remaining schedule:

Week 3
Sept. 23, 8:15 PM, Chicago Bears at Washington Redskins (ESPN)

Week 4
Sept. 30, 8:15 PM, Cincinnati Bengals at Pittsburgh Steelers (ESPN)

Week 5
Oct. 7, 8:15 PM, Cleveland Browns at San Francisco 49ers (ESPN)

Week 6
Oct. 14, 8:15 PM, Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers (ESPN)

Week 7
Oct. 21, 8:15 PM, New England Patriots at New York Jets (ESPN)

Week 8
Oct. 28, 8:15 PM, Miami Dolphins at Pittsburgh Steelers (ESPN)

Week 9
Nov. 4, 8:15 PM, Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants (ESPN)

Week 10
Nov. 11, 8:15 PM, Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers (ESPN)

Week 11
Nov. 18, 8:15 PM, Kansas City Chiefs vs. Los Angeles Chargers (in Mexico City, ESPN)

Week 12
Nov. 25, 8:15 PM, Baltimore Ravens at Los Angeles Rams (ESPN)

Week 13
Dec. 2, 8:15 PM, Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks (ESPN)

Week 14
Dec. 9, 8:15 PM, New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles (ESPN)

Week 15
Dec. 16, 8:15 PM, Indianapolis Colts at New Orleans Saints (ESPN)

Week 16
Dec. 23, 8:15 PM, Green Bay Packers at Minnesota Vikings (ESPN)

#14393 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I wasn’t going to say anything because I didn’t want to sound sexist, but she is awful. I can’t stand her voice. She’s almost as bad as Matt “money” Smith that calls the Chargers games on radio. Bring back Hacksaw Hamilton. I miss the way he would say dammit and get pissed off when the Chargers inevitably blew it.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

*pops some popcorn*

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Really? You're worried about sounding sexist when you admitted to beating your ex wife and enjoying it in another thread?

Whoa!

#14399 4 years ago

After The Bears score and take it to 28-0:
Booger McFarland, "I don't think they're happy out here in Washington."

Great commenting there....

#14425 4 years ago

Y'all seriously crack me up in here. 30 year old boxing matches, spousal abuse accusations, pointed racism...oh my!!!

The bears finally looked good on offense. If they can keep improving, we know there defense is really good...they could be in the playoffs mix.

The poor redskins. You know it's bad when the announcers are discussing (at length) when the head coach is going to be fired.

Next up: Thursday night football
Eagles vs. Packers

This game should be very interesting.

#14445 4 years ago

I originally assumed y'all were just drunk posting while watching the games...unfortunately, it is now Tuesday and the comments are still raging on

#14460 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

With apologies for talking football in the Boxing and Exotica thread, did anyone catch the Giants/TB game Sunday? Of course they got away with one, but I’d be interested to hear takes on Jones’ first full outing. From my end he was good fun to watch, though it’s nerve wracking adjusting to a QB that’s not afraid to run around a bit.
And Levi, any predictions for Giants/Skins this weekend? Who knows, in January we may look back at this as the moment NY clinched third place in the NFC East ...

3rd place? Don't get your hopes up.

#14481 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I was in court yesterday and today, so I didn’t get to play this week. Or for a more dramatic effect, a coworker grabbed me and did this with my sheet from last week.[quoted image]

I am in a 10 buck a pop pickem. Payout is usually around 1500. Send me 10 via PayPal and your picks and I will add you with confirmation.

We don't include the thursday night game.

#14610 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The game between the Browns and Ravens could be interesting. I personally like the Ravens but, both have decent defenses with the edge in my mind to Cleveland. Offensively I think the Ravens hold the edge as they have a pretty good OL which is where the Browns are lacking and are struggling to protect Mayfield. Another reason I like the Ravens has to do with Mayfield being a bit to full of himself, he hasn't come off that mountain yet so GO RAVENS!!!!!

Mayfield has largely been a disappointment this year, but in his defense...he has the worst offensive tackles in the league. He has very little time to throw and his offensive coordinator has done nothing to help him out. They need to implement more screens, slants, RPOs, and play action passes. It is costing them games.

#14628 4 years ago

Did someone bring a case of RedBulls to the Lions locker room?

#14654 4 years ago

There have been so many upsets so far, and it has been even worse against the betting lines.

It looks like I won't be winning my pickems this week

#14668 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was talking to a buddy and with the cheap pay they can give all their rookies next year and other money they can spend on free agents, they are setting themselves up for future glory. Dolphins achilles heel is that they are never bad enough to get top picks. And they get rid of their good players too soon.

Sure...sure....that, AND the fact that they have sucked pretty much post-marino

Hey, they will always have '72

#14678 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cowboys might be a little better than I thought they were.
Yet fair to say they still haven’t beat a good team all season. I don’t think they are a serious threat to go all the way.

That was a painful loss. It just felt like the Boys could have easily pulled it off, but they never took it.

#14681 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m trying to figure out how they “could have easily” beaten the saints.
If they played much better and didn’t look like and average team who can beat poor teams like the skins, giants, and dolphins, but will have a lot of trouble with good teams?
Well, I guess? That doesn’t really count for much though. You can say that for almost every team who lost this week, that if they had played better they could have won.

They were one big play or one big penalty away the entire game. It could have gone either way, even down to the wire.
There were too many miscues and just no "impact" plays. Very frustrating.

#14707 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, I don’t understand how they “could have easily won.”
Didn’t look easy to me. Cowboys got beat by a Team with a qb who hasn’t had serious play in 4 years. And their vaunted offense got shut down by the first halfway decent defense they’ve played all year. So tell yourself what you want.
I’m thinking the redskins could have easily won yesterday if they didn’t have a horrible coaching staff, ownership, and management, and maybe some better players.
Could have been easy.

You must've just watched the highlights and not the game. Calling a fumble that clearly wasn't, poor offensive interference calls on amari cooper, and cobbs drop in the endzone all would have changed the outcome.

The playcalling certainly could have been better, but this game was as close as it gets.

#14772 4 years ago

I really didn't see that as an obvious bad call. The pitch came in at 98mph, and either hit the bat, or his hand. It was close. Close enough that I couldn't honestly tell. The thing that makes me believe that it hit the bat was how he reacted... I'm pretty sure if you caught a fastball to the hand you're going to be wincing and shaking it off at least a little...
But, I don't think that sort of information should really play into the review. Maybe the dude just has a really high tolerance for pain? At full game speed it looked like he got hit. At replay there wasn't enough to overturn it... so call stands, just as it should have.
I think the biggest thing is the camera angles.. with a better angle maybe you could make a more definitive call. In the NFL I can't figure out how they don't have a camera locked on each side of each goal line. I'm not talking about those worthless pylon cameras... like REAL cameras. Too many times they try to infer whether a ball crossed the plane from a camera that may have a deceptive angle. You need something right down the line from a higher angle... not hard. Doesn't even need to be manned.</blockquote
Are we talking about baseball now?

#14773 4 years ago

Which unknown player is going to burst onto the scene this week?

#14797 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Rams defense played way better than last week

You mean when they gave up 55 points...to the Bucs???!

#14802 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

This was a really bad call. Should not have called a penalty for that legal hit.
The ball had just left Wilson's hand a split second before contact. Was not a helmet-to-helmet hit.

Content has been blocked by the nfl

#14812 4 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I know this is a tangential observation but the Lion's offense line has been playing well, way above expectations. Hence they are 2-1-1

Don't get excited. Experience tells me they will find a way to lose a lot more, lol

#14816 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Eagles should stomp the Jets today, but my D is still a question mark. I’m gonna say Eagles 31, Jets 14.

Any other pickem predictions?

#14823 4 years ago

Colt mcCoy is getting thr start in Washington. He has started only 3 games in the last 5 years.........

#14824 4 years ago

Here are my picks for a $1310 pot:

20191005_174403~2 (resized).jpg20191005_174403~2 (resized).jpg
#14829 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Not feeling Matt Ryan?

I just have more faith in the Texans this week. After these floods...that city NEEDS a win.

#14830 4 years ago

Pats going for it and getting stuffed on 4th down. If only their offense could move the ball....

#14840 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Titans kicker has missed 3 field goals. Isn’t that his only job?

Im glad he isnt on my fantasy team

#14852 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Prescott not looking too sharp today. 2 picks already.

Down 17-0
This has been a horrible game for the Cowboys so far.

#14870 4 years ago

I guess Dak won't be getting 34 mil a year after all.

#14889 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Colts may pull this off. Mahomes limping too, so that might help.

Upholding that interception would help too

#14892 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191006-222726~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191006-222726~2 (resized).png
#14893 4 years ago

Wow! A lot of people lost money on that game!

#14895 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wasn't me.

Heck, you made 5 bucks!

Hellooooo Taco Bell!!!!

#14920 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I remember when the Colts were in the AFC East.
If that was still the case it would certainly make things a little more interesting.

I'd say they are already making it interesting with a young talented QB and RB, good looking defense, and a win over the Chiefs

#14954 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Mayfield got another "wakeup" call last night from Bosa. He shoots his mouth off and then proceeds to get his ass handed to him, can't fix stupid I guess.

He looked horrible!

I guess he really is the "sober johnny manziel"

#14959 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Football is the ultimate team sport so Mayfield is only as good as the rest of the team around him..the offensive line got completely dominated and the receiving core didn't help much...he didnt have a chance

I will agree that he has some of the worst tackles in the league...but at what point does he make a play? Not take another needless sack? Change the call at the line? Run screens, RPOs, play action passes, checkdowns, etc?

When do they go max protect? 3 TE sets? Use a blocking fullback/tailback? Call QB runs to keep them honest?

This certainly isn't ALL on Mayfield, but he definitely deserves a good share of the blame. I'm sure he was rattled, but good players persevere...they don't devolve and fall apart. He couldn't even make easy throws when there wasn't pressure.

#14973 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Did the Browns hurt you? Do you need to talk to someone?

No, but baker mayfield did! Lololol

Screenshot_20191008-212923 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191008-212923 (resized).png
#14976 4 years ago

Ok colson,
Now that you've come down off the high from another win and another great score prediction, this is a good time to re-evaluate your final score prediction for this upcoming game. You know, ...to get it right and keep your genius level ranking.
Let's review:
* Game is being played in Minn, so that's an away game for the Eagles.
* The Vikings are favored by 3, and the o/u is at 44 points.
* Thus far this year, when the Eagles win, they've scored 31 to 34 points, but when they lose, the score about 20 to 24 points.
* The Eagles beat the Redskins, Packers, &amp; Jets, and they lost to the Falcons &amp; Lions.
* The Eagles have both won on the road and lost on the road this season.
So, what is your new final score prediction? And is that your final answer?
You can phone-a-friend if needed, or save it for next week for the Dallas game.

Forget that! I want predictions for all week 6 games!

Let's see what kind of skill set we are really talking about.

#14978 4 years ago

I don't get how the oddsmakers decided on this point spread:
Seahawks play at Cleveland on Sun 10/13.
The Seahawks just beat the LA Rams, and are now 4 and 1, and only loss was to the Saints.
The Browns just got pounded by the 49ers.
The Seahawks are only favored by 1 to 1-1/2 points over the Browns. Wtf?
Seems like Seahawks should be favored to win by more than that.
Maybe the oddsmakers just looked at the Browns game results thus far and noticed a pattern and are concerned Browns will probably win it somehow
L, W, L, W, L, (so a W for Browns vs Seahawks).

They look at tons of things: home field advantage, injuries, trends, individual matchups, team strengths/weaknesses, coaching tendencies, etc. Of course, they also have the great equalizer...proposing bets that get action.

#15022 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Until someone beats the Pats their still the champs....I'll say this a team with a great defense has the best chance as clearly their offense is their weak link. Be interesting to see how they are when they play some decent teams. They've been pretty luck to play in footballs weakest division.

Definitely different than pats teams of the past. They always seem to find a way.
They aren't my team, but I certainly have lots of respect for them.

#15032 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Dolphins have only had the #1 overall pick twice. The first was Jim Grabowski in 1966. The last was Jake Long in 2008.

They will get the number one pick again this year and try again with Ricky Williams.

#15036 4 years ago

Sam Darnold came in and completely changed the Jets offense. Of course, the 4 Dallas penalties didn't hurt!!

#15037 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Sam Darnold came in and completely changed the Jets offense. Of course, the 4 Dallas penalties didn't hurt!!

Ok...that is probably the most painful back to back plays I've seen in years....

#15039 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191013-164612~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191013-164612~2 (resized).png
#15063 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not the best but looks fine to me[quoted image]

Poor Man's Elvira?

#15064 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191013-225057~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191013-225057~2 (resized).png
#15067 4 years ago

Ok...this hurts.

Screenshot_20191014-172439~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191014-172439~2 (resized).png
#15073 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

That's my Lions, 12 men on a field goal.

I'm just curious to see if settling for those 2 FGs comes back to haunt them.

#15075 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I am not, it will.

This encapsulates the difference between Cowboys fans and Lions fans:
Cowboys fans are sure their team will win until it has been made impossible. Lions fans are just sure it will be impossible from the start, lol.
Of course, having a 0-16 season would make me once bitten, twice shy as well.

I actually like where the Lions are heading this year.

#15076 4 years ago

I found this:

Screenshot_20191014-203540~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191014-203540~2 (resized).png
#15079 4 years ago

Uh-oh! The packers just had another WR get hurt. If Allison is unable to return, that means they will be without their top 3 WRs!

#15085 4 years ago

I can't believe the way this final drive is going down. A bad call that extends the Packers Drive. The Lions try to let the RB score, but he sure down. Kneel downs to milk the clock...then a super short FG to end the game. Wow!

#15089 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm just curious to see if settling for those 2 FGs comes back to haunt them.

I guess we got the answer to this query...

#15119 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta love when the fanbois go to flat earth, lol.
The NFL has been on a steady decline for years. The rules have slowly eroded it sports soul in favor of the $$$ and if you think anything beyond a handful of refs are needed to influence a whole season for production value then you are just being ignorant on purpose. You are a smart guy, so I am assuming you are blinded by your fanboi status rather than unable to see the reality on your own merits.
Think of it like "reality tv" There is a general outline and script which is massaged into the overall desired storyline by the producers. Sometimes things change but the general plotline is set ot maximize profits and it works pretty well.

Quite the opposite, actually. The NFL has seen year over year growth by leaps and bounds. I think the problem is the hard core fans like the more violent old-school rules and are getting sick of the flags.

Every sport has an element of error. That's just the way it is. They need to find a better solution. Maybe a third red flag to use for penalty calls?

#15171 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Was Matt Millen a government plant?
Perhaps it has something to do with the auto bailout. They have the goods on the Ford family for sure.

I'm pretty sure you are a government plant...

#15178 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Rams now have 3 Jaguars who were top 10 first round picks (Ramsey, Dante Fowler, and Blake Bortles). At least the Jags got some value in the Ramsey trade. They only a got a third rounder for Fowler and nothing for Bortles. Ramsey is a far superior talent than the other 2 former Jags.

Now, if they could only get their offense back..................

#15206 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guys no offense but it's getting a little weird around here. Yes we all want to fuck supermodels, no we aren't going to fuck supermodels, yes we all want to fuck Tom Brady (he's so dreamy) but let's move on!

Quoted from Colsond3:

Scantily clad women is weird? I could look at that shit all day. Apparently people don’t understand that you can just have a difference of opinion, even when it comes to who you would want or prefer to bang.
Given that it’s pointless arguments like most on here, I’m good with moving on.
How about Eagles 28, Cowboys 21.

I don't know what's wrong with picturing women....

I do know that you can almost flip that score around however. Eagles 20, Dallas 24

#15218 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This one’s for you Levi. I also love Ryan’s abs. But I’m sure that’s what you see in the mirror every day.[quoted image]

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think we all can admit dude is hot.
But not as hot as Tom Brady.

Quoted from bssbllr:

That hurts. I take it you won’t be circling the BOYS on the ticket this week.

Quoted from embryonjohn:

“the obvious underlying homoerotic subtext”
I think your hypersensitive gaydar is set to self-diagnosis mode

Now it is getting weird.

#15220 4 years ago

Clearly this group needs tonights game to start a few hours early.

#15225 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Calling upset. Broncos 28, Chiefs 24. Mahomes has that ankle issue from last week.

Mahomes is on the fantasy team going against me, so I hope he doesn't do well...but I think the chiefs turn it around and win this one.

#15226 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Tell me about it!
I just cooked 2lbs of super thick bacon for tonight’s bourbon/bacon old fashioned drinks. Notice the broiler pan under and the cookie sheet on top, for perfectly flat bacon. Smells like heaven in the house right now. Now off to buy the cigars...[quoted image]

I'm coming over

#15248 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

North Dallas Forty is in the top 3 football movies ever[quoted image]

Any given Sunday is my favorite football movie.

Screenshot_20191018-093954~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191018-093954~2 (resized).png
#15254 4 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Denver needs an offensive line.

...and a new quarterback.

#15258 4 years ago

I woke up early unexpectedly. Naturally there is NO England game on

#15268 4 years ago

Chase Edmonds is off to a strong start.

#15269 4 years ago

I've gotta say...im really enjoying Greg olsen as a broadcaster. He is on point. It looks like he has found his next career.

#15271 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They’ll pound it out of him.
Romo was great his first season lately he seems like
Just another stiff.

I hope your joking. Romo is the best broadcaster in the business.

#15276 4 years ago

This is a really slow Sunday for this thread.....

#15280 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I don't know what's wrong with picturing women....
I do know that you can almost flip that score around however. Eagles 20, Dallas 24

I'm sticking with my prediction

#15282 4 years ago

Tighten up Eagles.
Eagles won the coin flip, decide to recv the ball to get a fast start.
Then Eagles fumble the ball, recovered by Cowboys.
Cowboys go down and score.
Eagles offense goes back out and tries to play better.
Cowboys D forces another fumble and recover that one too.
Elliot gets the ball and runs it down to the 1 yard line, then runs it in for another Cowboys TD.
Hmmm. Let's just say that's all been very fortunate for the Cowboys.
With both teams being at 3 and 3, this game should be treated practically as a play-off game.
It was pointed out that teams that are 4 and 3 at this point in the season make the playoffs 51% of the time,
but teams 3 and 4 or worse make the playoffs about 14% of the time.

Creating fumbles and running down the other teams throat isn't "fortunate"

Moving down the field on questionable penalties is, however.

#15301 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

After losing next week to Buffalo you might be bummed at the Eagles being 3-5 but fear not. They will finish the season on an 8 game winning streak and win the division at 11-5. You heard it here first.

8 games, huh? I guess you didn't watch the same game I saw Sunday night.

#15303 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I did. But their schedule after traveling to Buffalo is pretty easy. They play New England at home and will be fired up for that and will expose New England, who hasn’t played anyone yet and barely beat a Buffalo team with a second string qb. The other tough game is Dallas but it’s at home and they will get their revenge.

Their schedule is brutal:

-At Bills
-Chicago
Bye week
-Pats
-Seahawks
-At Dolphins
-NYG
-At redskins
-Cowboys
-At NYG

Dolphins is the only one I see as a clear win. Even though I think they are better than the redskins...they are playing away, and it us a divisional rival that will be desperate.

9 more games. They may well lose 7 or more.

Screenshot_20191021-014620 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191021-014620 (resized).png
#15321 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, it’s probably pointless. I try to have fun in here, but Eagles don’t get any respect outside of their own fan base no matter what. Even winning a Super Bowl in the last two years with essentially the same team minus a few players.
Admittedly they’re not having a good season, so I think I’ll duck out and spend more time on my games and restorations.

It's just one game. Don't look super deeply into it. Every team loses. Hell, my team lost 3 in a row. It was brutal. This loss doesn't mean they are doomed.

I watch a lot of Eagles football. They aren't a bad team. They also probably aren't Superbowl contenders. Probably 8-8 or 9-7 is where they will end up. I doubt that gets them into the playoffs, but they will likely be in the mix. If they can find a way to win one of those "swing" games, that could get them to 10-6 and in the playoffs.

#15333 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Boring game!

Football is like sex. It's good no matter what!

#15336 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

No, it's not. The AAF proved that. That shit was unwatchable.

I always remember when it was in July before, and there is NOTHING to watch. I guess I'm thankful, even before Thanksgiving.

#15338 4 years ago

Interesting to watch that game since the Jets best my Cowboys last week. They looked like 2 different teams.

In spite of Sony Michel's 3 touchdowns, my fantasy team still got a win as well. Yea!

#15342 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Pats have a below avg offense, and the Jets made them look like rock stars...be interesting to see how they do against a dominate defense...game could end up 6-3

Below average?? Their 223 points scored so far is the highest in the NFL. They are averaging 31.85 ppg.
The announcers even mentioned that their +175 points over opponents (223 points to 48) is the highest since 1920.

#15344 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The only half way decent team they've payed is the Bills (they have a great defense)....in that game it was 16-10, and the defense forced 4 turnovers, which lead to most of their points .... I'm a big believer in defense wins championships, which is why their 7-0 ....

Wins don't come easy in the NFL. A win is a win. 7-0 is no easy feat, regardless. Putting up 30+ points a game will get you a win 99% of the time.
Their defense has been incredible as well. If they can stay healthy, they look like another shoo-in to play in the Superbowl.

#15350 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191022-111644~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191022-111644~2 (resized).png
#15355 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Looks like we may have to start a new thread, WHERE IS COLSOND3?

We need to change Philadelphia's song from fly Eagles fly to cry eagles cry.

#15418 4 years ago

Any other pinsiders watching an early NFL game today? Halfway through second quarter in Detroit already, with G-men down by 7 and moving down the field. Am I flying solo?

Always!

I play fantasy football, so I watch all the games.

#15421 4 years ago

Great, glad someone else is aboard. But what happened to Levi, Colson, etc?

The redskins lost Thursday and the Eagles suck...so they are MIA

#15425 4 years ago

I am watching the eagles-bills game for 2 reasons:

1) I have Carson Wentz as my fantasy football QB this week.

2) I hate the eagles.

*not necessarily in that order.

#15433 4 years ago

Lions flea-flicker 41-yard Stafford to Golladay TD strike. Where was this nice play-calling in the last 3 games?

They didn't play the Giants the last 3 weeks.

#15437 4 years ago

True, but they didn’t even try a play anything close to that creative. It certainly helps to be playing the Giants instead of a team like GB!

I can identify. My team looked great through the first 3 weeks, only to get popped in the mouth the next 3.

It hurt.

#15444 4 years ago

Brees really came back with a vengeance!

#15462 4 years ago

The bears traded up by 1 or 2 picks to make sure no one would take trubisky in front of them. It's one thing to miss on a pick, it's another to trade up and pass on 2 potentially great QBs to take a shitty QB.

Da Bears! Lol

#15464 4 years ago

Levi - why the allegiance to DC sports? Did you grow up in the area?

I've tried to convert him to the fandom of the Dallas Cowboys. He won't listen.

#15472 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I wasn’t into pro football during that time.

...and you call yourself a "true football fan."

#15477 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s called “a joke” you fuckin’ hoser.
Cowboys fans are truly the dumbest motherfuckers in sports fandom.
Also not sure if you’ve noticed, but you are talking shit on behalf of a mediocre team that’s leading a shitty division at 4-3.
Do you really think the cowboys are doing anything of note this season?

There's no need to cast dispersions on Cowboys fans. Don't cry because the redskins are habitual losers.

#15483 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Aren’t the Steelers supposed to be better at home?

Rudolph didn't get the memo.

#15486 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Steelers D doesn’t look dominant tonight.

I need them to be. I have their defense this week...

#15489 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Same here. I need a pick 6. I’ve got more points than anyone else in my league except my opponent.

I have James Connor and the steelers D

#15492 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I’m losing by .10 points.

So was I, until that tj watt strip sack! Yeah!!!

#15494 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I just won by .90 thanks to that last sack.

Lol!! Nice!!
I won by a few points...i just hope Connor is ok.

#15496 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

True fans such as myself

Quoted from vicjw66:

Who said I was a true football fan?

You did.

#15511 4 years ago

Cincy puts Dalton on the block.
Cincy benches Dalton prior to the trade deadline.
They basically eliminated any amount of trade leverage they had. If someone offered them a pick, it would be pretty tough for them to say they want more value considering they just threw him to the bench. The move itself is fine, it there's no reason you should do it before 4pm today. You're acknowledging to all your potential trade partners that he should have only backup QB value.

The Bengals have far more problems than just at QB.

#15527 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And the Cowboys are from Dallas. I think that was his point.

Technically, they aren't actually. The stadium is in Arlington and the practice field is in Frisco. Even prior to the new stadium, they were located in Irving.

#15530 4 years ago

Anyone watching the London game?

I love it when I wake up and football is already on!

#15534 4 years ago
Quoted from Natay-Tay:

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like my area is airing it.

It was on NFL network. Unfortunately, that was the last London game of the season. There is a game in Mexico city in a few weeks, however. (November 18th, Monday night football on espn. Chargers-Chiefs)

#15537 4 years ago

What a bad ending for Indy. The laces were placed the wrong way by the holder, but the kicker shanked the FG kick so badly that I doubt the laces caused the miss. Steelers get to .500.

Screenshot_20191103-152255~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191103-152255~2 (resized).png
#15545 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It doesn’t make sense for him to try to keep bagging on the Skins either. It’s like going to the special olympics and yelling at the athletes that they suck.

Agreed.
Comparing the redskins to the special Olympics, however, made me laugh

#15549 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

4 filed goals..jeez. How about a TD?

They do have a lead though.

GB isn't looking good at all.

I have far more interest in the SNF and MNF games. They will both be killer.

#15551 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Kicking field goals against Rodgers and Green Bay usually doesn’t end well, but it is about time for the Chargers annual middle of the season run. After poor starts, they usually get it together and look like a contender, thus raising the tens of hundreds of Charger fans like Odin to have hope. Then it’s back down to earth in late December.

There you go. Gordon got you a TD. Made it look easy too.

#15562 4 years ago

great game. Baltimore is for real, just in case anyone doubted it.

#15573 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In a season that seems to have more awful teams than ever, there are plenty of teams getting fat by beating them.
In the "not very good but getting fat off scrubs" file, I'd put-
Dallas
Eagles
Bills
but there are certainly many other suspects. It will be interesting to see, when the dust settles, which of the teams with good records and weak schedules actually turn out to be any good.

That happens every year. Good teams feast on the bad.
It all comes down to what teams can rise to the challenge of coming back from behind, weathering injuries, and/or bring their A game against quality teams.

Quoted from vicjw66:

How did the Ravens lose at home to the Browns? That one I can’t figure out.

That's parity in the NFL...and why I love it. You are NEVER guaranteed a win. More so than in any other sport...they have to earn it.

#15585 4 years ago

Wow!!! Incredible catch by Golden Tate!!

#15588 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This is an entertaining game....be even better if I didn't have to listen to these horrible announcers....you would think they would get top notch guys for Monday night football...it used to be special.

It would be even better if the Cowboys were winning...

Edit: the Cowboys took the lead at half. Now it's better.

#15590 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That was hilarious. Although I expected the chase to last much longer than it did.

Screenshot_20191104-204244~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191104-204244~2 (resized).png
#15591 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191104-204834~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191104-204834~2 (resized).png
#15593 4 years ago

Michael Gallup with the catch and acrobatic TD!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15605 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).png
#15629 4 years ago

I think y'all should start a petition to bring back Barry sanders.

#15633 4 years ago

I need the Cowboys to step up. They also need to stop starting so S-L-O-W. It's getting ridiculous.

#15639 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do the cowboys plan on beating any decent teams this year?

Do the Redskins plan on beating any other teams at all this year?

#15646 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, obviously not. They are terrible.
Much sadder are Cowboys fans who honestly believe their 5-4 juggernaut are going to the super bowl when they can’t beat the jets. Denial can be a sad thing to witness.

I don't think many Cowboys fans think this is a Superbowl team at this point, but in all fairness...there is a lot of talent there. They have played a tough schedule, which Isn't getting much easier.

They have a feel of a team that is decent, but not elite. Then again, they have the pieces that could help them go on a run...if they could stop shooting themselves in the foot.

#15652 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes I picked the cowboys.

So YOU are the one to blame for jinxing them!

Of course, we could have used some help from the black cat...

Screenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191105-224116~2 (resized).png
#15667 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This game reminds me of something...[quoted image]

More football is a good thing in my opinion. Believe me, in March, we will be wishing it was back.

#15688 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

It's hard to tell if it's sports or corporate politics related as the NFL is still launching multiple attempts at gaining back credibility. But in any case Kaepernick is an awesome quarterback and has a lot to bring to the game, it would be great to see him play again.

Quoted from fosaisu:

I wasn't following closely, but wasn't he mediocre the last year or two in SF? Or did you put that down to mismanagement and a bad o-line?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00.htm

He has a career rating of 88.9, completion % of 59.8, and a 28-30 record.

He basically had 2 1/2 good years out of 6. He hasn't played in 3 years, so none of this matters because he will never play again.

#15692 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hard to believe the Miami Dolphins are the hottest team in the AFC East as of late. Perhaps even playoff bound? 9-7 might get you there. lol.

Are you day drinking again?

#15759 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191115-102239~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191115-102239~2 (resized).png
#15761 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191115-103557~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191115-103557~2 (resized).png
#15769 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Suspended indefinitely. So, 3 games.

They have announced a minimum of the R.O.S. to include playoffs (not that the Browns will make the playoffs anyway......)

#15797 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I remember when my chefs went 2-14 not to long ago...

Your chefs??
Screenshot_20191116-003943~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191116-003943~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191116-004028~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191116-004028~2 (resized).png

#15853 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191117-163732~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191117-163732~2 (resized).png
#15858 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

[quoted image]

Quoted from bssbllr:

^^^^ not anymore. Thanks for the heads up.

Teamwork makes the dream work.

#15863 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Brady and Wentz looked bad tonight. So many misses or poor decisions. And not to brag but I consider myself somewhat of an expert on shitty qb play.

Uncle Rico?

#15866 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have a question. Where is Colson?
Someone in the area may need to do a welfare check. Hell, it has even been a while since he posted in the what game did you bring home today thread.

His team is sucking it up. He has disappeared.

At least we don't have to hear "fly Eagles fly."

#16000 4 years ago

People in this thread...
"No one cares about your fantasy football team!"
Also people in this thread...
"I tackled a guy one time"
"I remember when we used to play by candlelight, and we could use all the racial slurs we wanted"

Surely some people on here care about my fantasy football rants...

#16002 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I don't care about:
Your fantasy team
Your college football team
Your experience playing football
Your brother's experience playing football
The fact that you are attending a game
The Jets

Your fantasy team - sorry, but I will talk about my fantasy team from time to time. I guess you will have to skip over it.
Your college football team - I VERY rarely watch college football.
Your experience playing football - I'm pretty sure I've never mentioned it.
Your brother's experience playing football - No worries here, my brother is no longer with us.
The fact that you are attending a game - I'm too poor.
The Jets - I'm with you here. The jets are crap. Let's talk about the Bengals, lol.

#16023 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It really is a sight to behold. Almost fit over two of my son's fingers.
Anyone else ever get a chance to try on a SB ring? Anyone?[quoted image]

20191122_234822 (resized).jpg20191122_234822 (resized).jpg
#16026 4 years ago

Sunday is my favorite day of the week!
I can't wait for some football!

Why am I up so early though??

#16028 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Because today we find out if the Cowboys are the real deal.

You don't have to get up too early for a 3:25pm game, lol.

The Cowboys are definitely talented. Whether or not their coaching staff or defensive tackling are up to par, however, are certainly question marks.

#16031 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Roger Staubach was a football hero when we played school lot games.I agree 100% with your conclusions of Garrett,I still remember him freezing his own kicker which resulted in a last minute lost.He can snatch a loss out of the jaws of victory!Do you think a new start is the way to go?

Garrett is one of the "smartest" dumb guys in the NFL

#16034 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Flea flickers are so fun to watch. Good start for the Hawks

I'm on board. Go Hawks!

#16054 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I'm not proud of having lost belief in Garrett and criticizing him publicly. I think he's devoted, works hard and has a long history of ties to the Cowboys in various roles as a player and coach. But after eight seasons and having grown up watching Staubach and Landry and then the 3 Super wins in the 90's I see Garrett as an only adequate and mediocre coach. To be fair, I think he works hard and badly wants to win. However in order to compete for Super Bowls yes I believe Dallas needs a fresh start.

Quoted from romulusx:

I hear you,I feel the same way it’s tough every year just being an 8-8 season.Who do you think they should get to replace him?

The best coaches have a fresh new approach. A killer instinct. One of the biggest let downs of my entire life was when Jerry Jones let Tom Landry go. It hurt.
It still hurts.
I have more respect for that man, both personally and professionally, than almost anyone that has ever lived. In hindsight, however, we won 3 super bowls...and really should have won 4. I can't say it was the wrong decision.

That was painful to write.

The NFL is the most complicated, purest, dog-eat-dog sport out there. Only the innovative survive. If you aren't cutting edge...then you aren't trying hard enough.

#16114 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Lamar looks crazy sick. Long interview with Mike Vick about him online.

He is the MVP up to this point.

Quoted from JY64:

Colsond3 you might take note your team has a deflate-gate https://yourteamcheats.com/PHI#Deflategate-2004

If you aren't cheating, then you aren't trying hard enough.

#16202 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think I’ll sit this one out as the lions game is always awful but looking forward to seeing if the cowboys can beat the worst 8-3 team in history.
Off to stalk Leslie goldberg on Facebook.

The Cowboys seem pretty desperate for a win. They certainly need it.

#16205 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yes they did,let’s see if Blough can keep playing well

I guess not!
I can't believe they lost that one.
I guess you can say they at least look to have fond something in blough, and golladay had a great day.

#16206 4 years ago

On to the next game...

The Cowboys just marched right down the field for the TD.
Witten tied Bob Hayes for the second most receiving TDs in Cowboys history with 71 (most for any TE for the Cowboys).

#16210 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

In history? He tied someone, but the stat on the screen said Dez Bryant has 73.

Yes, most for TE, second most receiving TDs. I corrected it to be more clear.

#16223 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The Cowboys looked totally lost the first half.

They still look pretty lost...

#16226 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Dallas is being Buffaloed.

They are getting stuffed.
Stick a fork in them. They are done.

#16238 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

That was a brain fart, the seahawks and niners cant face each other in the SB

It's ok. It's Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE else is drinking too.

#16244 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Between these two, who’s hurting their team more?[quoted image]

Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t know...but Garrett looks crazy as shit in that pic.

Quoted from Ronnie1114:

It's obviously Garrett. I understand Tomlin hasn't had too much playoff success lately, but he's got Pittsburgh on the playoff doorstep with their 3rd string qb. Imagine the Cowboys this year with their 3rd stringer...

Garrett is off the deep end. He was too conservative for the longest time, and in today's game he was bordering on insanity with his calls.

I think he will be gone at the end of the season.

#16289 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry dude.
Good news?
They’ll still win the division!
Bad news?
They’ll lose in first round and garret won’t get fired. Again.

I think Garrett is gone unless they at least make it to the NFC championship.
Jerry Jones knows he doesn't have much more time to see another Superbowl championship team, and certainly even less when you consider a championship "window" of where they are at. He doesn't have time to rebuild. He is getting antsy. I don't blame him.

#16348 4 years ago

Pickems:

Titans
Ravens
Jets
Browns
Eagles
Panthers
Packers
Jaguars
Cardinals
Chiefs
Broncos
Patriots
Vikings

#16356 4 years ago

3rd and 7, 49ers got a 30 yard reception. Wow!

#16357 4 years ago

That was an impressive 49ers opening drive. This game looks like is going to live up to its' billing!

#16365 4 years ago

Please tell me I am not the only one watching the 49ers/ravens on here!
This game is incredible!

#16367 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

sonofab#*! I can't get that game (49er's/Ravens) in this area, gonna have to try to stream it.

You are missing a great one

#16405 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191201-215525~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191201-215525~3 (resized).png
#16430 4 years ago

Tonight's Vikings-seahawks game should be very good. Two of the best team's in the NFC duking it out.

Does Calvin cook finally get hurt? (I'm shocked he hasn't yet, actually)

Who leads the seahawks backfield...Chris Carson or Rashaad penny? ( please let it be Carson! I am behind in fantasy football this week, and he is my last hope!)

Does Russell Wilson gain any traction on Lamar Jackson in the MVP race?

#16479 4 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

It looks like several members of the Seahawks have the flu. I needed Lockett to have a good game in my fantasy league, so he won't do squat. I am going Vikes tonight.

I need Chris Carson to light it up

#16481 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191202-200526~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191202-200526~2 (resized).png
#16508 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I feel like this thread just came full circle.

That will only happen when people complain about the pinballs on MNF that we were watching and commenting on. It's the pinside way.

#16512 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191202-215521 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191202-215521 (resized).png
#16613 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn who's next?
Dallas' Ginger? If they lose to the Skins, maybe!

Garrett is gone unless the make the NFC Championship...at least.

#16649 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Since they wear orange helmets now, why not rename the frachise The Oranges?
They could alway go with yellow and call themselves The Lemons.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Is this a bit?

Screenshot_20191204-143950~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191204-143950~2 (resized).png
#16730 4 years ago

If the Cowboys lose tonight, they are going to fall apart. There are a lot of internal issues inside their franchise from the top all the way down.

#16811 4 years ago

Wow! The Cowboys are completely inept.
They are crashing hard, and anything short of firings isn't going to help...

#16829 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191206-095716~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191206-095716~2 (resized).png
#16842 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You ever see some of the game rooms on this site? I’m pretty sure a good handful if not more people on here are millionaires.

I know I have at least 20 bucks....somewhere...

#16875 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

lol yeah some of them make me feel embarrassed to show my little game room.

Let's see a pic. I love seeing game room pics.

#16876 4 years ago
Screenshot_20191207-013827~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191207-013827~2 (resized).png
#16966 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

SF-NO
Awesome game!!!

It has a definitive playoff feel. These teams are pulling out all the stops and trick plays.

#16992 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I don't know but man she sounded like she was dragging ass tired The guy was not any better he was terrible too. The NFL really doesn't have any great announcers now. Monday Night football is about the best they have to offer.

Tony Romo and Jim Nantz are my favorite tandem. I also like Troy Aikman as an announcer.

#17029 4 years ago

I wish they would automatically review potential scoring plays. That was obviously a touchdown...

#17072 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hawks getting embarrassed like it’s the Magical 70s.

Yeah...and my Cowboys have to play the rams next week

#17084 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ll be honest with you,I’ve giving up on them!I’m trying to adopt my hometown Colts but their not making it easy

I will never give up on my team or switch to another team. I was there for our 1-15 season and through three 5-11 seasons in a row...im not bailing on them now.

I feel that this season is largely lost, but I do still have a glimmer of hope that they can right the ship. I am not unrealistic, though. They will most likely cough up the lead in the NFC east or get blown out by whatever wild card team they would face in the playoffs.

I will say that times like these help me to enjoy good football from other teams even more. I'm not adopting another team, but I certainly appreciate their efforts. I just live watching awesome football (I loved the 49ers-saints game!)

#17121 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That wouldn't be a pretty steelers game to watch.

I need Connor to come back to play...and so do they.

#17138 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What happens if two teams have the same record? How would they determine who picks first?

Ties between teams with identical records are determined by the following tiebreakers (in order):

1) Strength of schedule, which is the combined win-loss record for all 16 of the team's opponents in the previous season (ties count as a half win and half loss). The team with the lower strength of schedule (i.e. their opponents compiled fewer wins) is granted the earlier pick in round one.
2) If the teams are in the same division, the other playoff tiebreakers will be applied in the specified order.
3) If the teams are in the same conference, the other playoff tiebreakers will be applied in the specified order.
4) Coin flip(s), which occur(s) at the pre-draft NFL Combine.

#17152 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Pats cheating again I hear.

You know what they say. "If you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough."

#17155 4 years ago

How many drops have they had in this game?!?!

#17163 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s the announcers’ job to get excited. A big comeback in a divisional game with playoff implications and overtime win? What do you want them to do pretend nothing happened?
I wouldn’t call it luck eagles completely dominated the second half. Nice national farewell for Eli tho if that’s what it is.
He should hang ‘em up. When he took off his helmet he looked older than Peyton. Unless he’s broke there’s zero reason to play next season.

Eli loses again. Typical.
A tale of two halves.

#17207 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm looking forward to The Bengals playing their A game, whatever that is.

You already missed it. It was in 1988.

#17249 4 years ago

Wow! Tons of injuries this week!!

Calvin ridley, Lamar Jackson, josh Jacobs, alshon jeffrey, Patrick mahomes, devante Parker, dj chark, and more.

Next week should be interesting.

#17251 4 years ago

Taylor of Old Bond Street

Screenshot_20191211-012724~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191211-012724~2 (resized).png
#17402 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

From now on whenever ANY of you talk shit I'm gonna challenge you pussies to take a straight up money bet on one of the biggest spreads of the week. That'll show ya!!!!
It's like shit-talking Kevlar! You WON'T FUCKING DARE!
also your team fucking cheats dot com

I have zero faith in my team right now, unfortunately.

I will say that I will be heavily rooting for the Redskins this week, however.

#17404 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Dallas still has enough talent to get hot and whip up on some people. I don't understand why they are playing so bad but I also don't think they are as bad as it appears either.

I agree, but I definitely won't be making any bets on them either way.

#17406 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe the team is actually TRYING to get Jason Garrett fired, evernthink of that?

The offense has looked better, but I really can't complain when they are 1st in ypg and 8th in ppg. The defense, however, is missing tackles, blowing gap assignments, over pursuing, and getting tons of penalties. Definitely not what I expected from them this year.

#17449 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So anybody want to talk about the upcoming games this weekend?
And what the hell happened to Vic?

Let's talk about tonight.

Ravens-Jets

Does Lamar Jackson get limited due to his quad injury? If so...how much does it slow them down? More pass heavy?

Does Sam Darnold keep playing well? Can Robbie Anderson keep his momentum up?
Is Laveon Bell coming back strong?

#17492 4 years ago

The game went how I expected. I wish the Jets could have challenged them bit more (so Jackson could stay in the game), but I'm not complaining.

LJ got me 44.2 points. I'll take it

#17591 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I REALLY want the skins to lose out.
But sending a stadium full of eagles fans home on a 2 hour drive unhappy is not without appeal.
Haskins looks great today. By far his best day as a pro. Quick and decisive throws, fantastic poise.
And urban Meyer is in the owners box. With Alex smith.
I don’t really like the idea of hiring a college coach. But I do like the idea of dan Snyder seeing other people on casual dates. Anything to hasten Bruce Allen’s firing.

I am rooting for the skins to win today.

Haskins and mclaurin look to be the future. Can guide ever stay healthy for more than a game at a time?

#17593 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It doesn’t look like.
Next season, another injury case Bryce Love will get his shot.

Maybe y'all an just keep Peterson until he is 50

#17595 4 years ago

Stefon Diggs "my cause, my cleats" contribution in todays game. Big Worm
Lol!

Screenshot_20191215-142019~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191215-142019~2 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,044 posts in this topic match your search for posts by daditude. You are on page 1 of 9.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.