(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 427.
#17001 10 months ago

Thanks for comments on the T-Rex motor noise - I'd now say that mine sounds normal.

#17002 10 months ago

Well here's what was responsible for my shorted node board nine issue.

Picture was what it looked like when I removed the chin plastic. I re-soldered the connection and it seems fine now. Hardest part was reinstalling the whole mechanism. The t-nuts kept falling out of the back of the playfield. I finally just added a new screw to keep each of them down. You can't see them behind the plastic.

I've asked Stern for the wiring harness shown in the pic because it's under a lot of mechanical strain with little to no slack at all and will likely break again. I'll see what they say.

Only remaining issue is that his resting jaw position is now slightly agape which puts a dumb expression on his face. I know....first world problems...

PXL_20230620_143623499 (resized).jpgPXL_20230620_143623499 (resized).jpg
#17003 10 months ago

I might get back in the club with a premium. Was this the last run of the prem and the game will be archived? I heard it was but I would have thought they distributors would have made a big deal about it. I think there is still a build of the pro coming up

#17004 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Well here's what was responsible for my shorted node board nine issue.
Picture was what it looked like when I removed the chin plastic. I re-soldered the connection and it seems fine now. Hardest part was reinstalling the whole mechanism. The t-nuts kept falling out of the back of the playfield. I finally just added a new screw to keep each of them down. You can't see them behind the plastic.
I've asked Stern for the wiring harness shown in the pic because it's under a lot of mechanical strain with little to no slack at all and will likely break again. I'll see what they say.
Only remaining issue is that his resting jaw position is now slightly agape which puts a dumb expression on his face. I know....first world problems...
[quoted image]

Lots of slack available. You need to remove the rest of the body to cut/replace a tie wrap or 2.

#17005 10 months ago

The worst damage on mine was under the right ramp.

Quoted from RobW:

Was responding about a new unpopulated playfied i finally received after about two years. Dont think Ill need them with the new playfield. Will I?

BD8094E2-60E8-43E4-A1C4-A59777F96B2C (resized).jpegBD8094E2-60E8-43E4-A1C4-A59777F96B2C (resized).jpeg
#17006 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

The wires will break. It's an issue others have had, including myself.

I just soldered a small piece of extra wire (covered with a heat shrink tube) to extend it for more slack.

It was an easy fix.

#17007 10 months ago

Just when I thought my LE was completed with all the mods I wanted, Lior (Art of Pinball) enticed me with his latest masterpiece. Had to have it and I am glad I got it. It reflects Lior's usual high quality and great sense of design. A great add to a great game.

20230620_151841 (resized).jpg20230620_151841 (resized).jpg
#17008 10 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Just when I thought my LE was completed with all the mods I wanted, Lior (Art of Pinball) enticed me with his latest masterpiece. Had to have it and I am glad I got it. It reflects Lior's usual high quality and great sense of design. A great add to a great game.
[quoted image]

I won one... waiting for the beauty

#17009 10 months ago

So I ordered a topper last year when they were 600 bucks which I thought was over priced but I did it anyway. Today I get an email that Stern drop shipped my topper for 750. I told my distributor that I didn't want to pay over 600 period. I'm thinking about refusing delivery.

#17010 10 months ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

So I ordered a topper last year when they were 600 bucks which I thought was over priced but I did it anyway. Today I get an email that Stern drop shipped my topper for 750. I told my distributor that I didn't want to pay over 600 period. I'm thinking about refusing delivery.

I'll take it if you don't want it.

Who is your distributor?

#17011 10 months ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:The worst damage on mine was under the right ramp.
[quoted image]

I have chips on the other side, behind the supply drop.

IMG_6376 (resized).jpgIMG_6376 (resized).jpg
#17012 10 months ago

What does a Stern topper go for these days?

#17013 10 months ago

Sorry if this stuck ball issue has already been solved previously, but if not… if you have a Mezel raptor or similar, you might notice balls getting stuck underneath his hiney. Not that there’s anything wrong with that (cue Seinfeld)…

IMG_6153 (resized).jpegIMG_6153 (resized).jpeg

…but a little L-bracket fits nicely on the existing post & nut to keep things moving along.

IMG_6152 (resized).jpegIMG_6152 (resized).jpeg

I used this one:

IMG_6154 (resized).jpegIMG_6154 (resized).jpeg

#17014 10 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What does a Stern topper go for these days?

New they are now $750 MSRP, used to be $600 new.

#17015 10 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

New they are now $750 MSRP, used to be $600 new.

When can you find one new?

#17017 10 months ago

On my Jurassic Park Pro, my top far right pop bumper randomly goes off when the ball is in play. Is does not pop when the ball is waiting to be plunged or is held by a flipper. But as soon as the ball hits anything else in the playing field, it starts popping. I know which pop bumper is causing the problem, any ideas how to get it to stop popping when the ball is in play? It’s causing problems in scenarios such as when I plunge the ball, it immediately pops, and I lose the skill shot potential. Plus other scenarios like that. Thanks for any help here.

#17018 10 months ago
Quoted from untamedinc:

On my Jurassic Park Pro, my top far right pop bumper randomly goes off when the ball is in play. Is does not pop when the ball is waiting to be plunged or is held by a flipper. But as soon as the ball hits anything else in the playing field, it starts popping. I know which pop bumper is causing the problem, any ideas how to get it to stop popping when the ball is in play? It’s causing problems in scenarios such as when I plunge the ball, it immediately pops, and I lose the skill shot potential. Plus other scenarios like that. Thanks for any help here.

Sounds like the spoon contact is simply gapped too close. Lift the playfield and adjust the gap in the contacts so they have a bit more space when not in use.

#17019 10 months ago

Just joined the jp premium club and absolutely love the game
, are there any know issues with this new run of it ?

#17020 10 months ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

Im more mean issues That a fella should be wary about ?

#17021 10 months ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

1. Some owners have reported one or more of the ball guides being tightened down a bit too much, and causing stress on the surrounding clearcoat.
2. A few folks have also indicated that some of the connectors behind the TREX head on the servo controller were not seated fully and the head became a bit flaky, so you can check those quickly to see if your have any installation problems.
3. A few folks had the TREX jaw loose a screw or two, so keep your eyes open for those screws bouncing around the playfield.
4. There is also a lively discussion about the recommended/factory/designers flipper bat alignment each time a new batch is run, so I suggest that you enjoy it as shipped at first and assume that the factory set the bats correctly. (what matters is how you like it to play)

#17022 10 months ago

Hi All,
My stern JP premium’s T-Rex started making a grinding noise a few days ago. El google didn’t point me to a related answer including searches across pinside. This game is not new, several years old and maybe 800 plays. It had been working great, and the TREX not notably loud until after I had the PF up to swap a light.

Any suggestions?
Up/down is fine, not noisy
I disassembled it and found nothing jammed, no wires rubbing, etc.
Here is a short video, glass off, of it moving loudly while in diagnostic mode

#17023 10 months ago
Quoted from CletusTheSuprDog:

Hi All,
My stern JP premium’s T-Rex started making a grinding noise a few days ago. El google didn’t point me to a related answer including searches across pinside. This game is not new, several years old and maybe 800 plays. It had been working great, and the TREX not notably loud until after I had the PF up to swap a light.
Any suggestions?
Up/down is fine, not noisy
I disassembled it and found nothing jammed, no wires rubbing, etc.
Here is a short video, glass off, of it moving loudly while in diagnostic mode

I would leave off the dino cover and give new meaning to T-Rex. Aka Terminator Rex.

#17024 10 months ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I would leave off the dino cover and give new meaning to T-Rex. Aka Terminator Rex.

well, to be honest, it reminds me MONDWEST (the old movie)...

#17025 10 months ago

My trex ramp opto STILL doesn't read every ball, but a lot more with the replaced opto. She catches the balls now though 99% of the time at least. Got my highest score without the opto working lol 350M
(I'm not a good player)

#17026 10 months ago

All this Trex discussion makes me SO GLAD I opted for a Pro...

DE Trex issues were enough for me....!

#17027 10 months ago

Does the pro not have the ramp there at all? My problem is zero trex and 100% ramp opto.

Quoted from NPO:All this Trex discussion makes me SO GLAD I opted for a Pro...
DE Trex issues were enough for me....!

#17028 10 months ago

My optos work 100% perfectly.

No TRex mechanism on thr Pro!

#17029 10 months ago

Great. What I a was saying is that, in my case at least, my Trex is fine, she does everything correctly, I have no issues, but my opto on the ramp, apparently the same opto your pro has, doesn't work every time and was bad from the factory entirely. ie: You getting a PRO and being happy about it is awesome!, but it wouldn't have made any difference on my issues at all. Now some others seem to have issues with her, but mine is sassy and 100%. LOL I'm glad you are happy with your Pro though, that's what it's all about.

Quoted from NPO:

My optos work 100% perfectly.
No TRex mechanism on thr Pro!

#17030 10 months ago

Awesome. My comment wasn't directed at you...given I didn't quote you...look through this thread....MANY more people have had TRex issues years before you were even here on Pinside.

Between entry opto gate issues, ball issues once the Trex is supposed to lock it for the MB, the Rex not brining its head up and down when it is supposed to, etc...... it ain't worth $2K to deal with all of that.

As far as your issues are concerned, yep, that shit sucks. Welcome to pinball, even NIB games act up. Had it happen with my Walking Dead Pro - dead soundboard upon opening the box.

To conclue my side of this discussion - trust me, if I'm making a comment directly to you, you'll know : ).

#17031 10 months ago

Sigh. You didn't quote anyone and you replied right after my post about my issue that was about my continued opto issue that mentioned the Trex ramp. I've gotten dumber having this conversation, as I'm sure you have as well. lol

10-4, understood you prefer the pro, I'm glad you prefer what you have, I prefer what I have, it's weird how that works. I'll just ignore unless I KNOW you're making a comment directly to me, as you say. Enjoy your weekend Sir. All good. My mistake.

(just a point of note, though, your reply that's obviously to me, just now, also didn't quote me, so I would have missed that if I hadn't assumed it was to me, since it was right after me and mentioned things from my post, but I digress.)

Quoted from NPO:

Awesome. My comment wasn't directed at you...given I didn't quote you...look through this thread....MANY more people have had TRex issues years before you were even here on Pinside.
Between entry opto gate issues, ball issues once the Trex is supposed to lock it for the MB, the Rex not brining its head up and down when it is supposed to, etc...... it ain't worth $2K to deal with all of that.
As far as your issues are concerned, yep, that shit sucks. Welcome to pinball, even NIB games act up. Had it happen with my Walking Dead Pro - dead soundboard upon opening the box.
To conclue my side of this discussion - trust me, if I'm making a comment directly to you, you'll know : ).

#17033 10 months ago

Lol. OK, so this one was to me then?because I -DO- eat milk with a fork and you did quote me, so it must be to me. I'm getting the hang of this. Thanks old timer.

Quoted from NPO:Deleted post
#17034 10 months ago
Quoted from NPO:Deleted post

Please add me to your list also.

#17035 10 months ago

T-Rex is fixed, back to normal.
I’m not sure what the issue was but after I disassembled most of it, added a very small amount of lubricant to the mechanisms that make the movement happen and reassembled it the noise went away. Maybe something was just jarred out of alignment.

To each their own, but I love the T-Rex. The movement and the magnetic grab really add something IMO.

I also added two spotlights to brighten up the playfield a bit using the Comet Matrix lights.

IMG_1706 (resized).jpegIMG_1706 (resized).jpegIMG_1707 (resized).jpegIMG_1707 (resized).jpeg
#17036 10 months ago

I love the T-Rex. The movement and the magnetic grab really add something IMO

I couldn't agree more.

The moving dino makes the game more exciting and fun to play.

The static Dino on the pro doesn't alter the rules, but it definitely changes the experience.

#17037 10 months ago

The movement and the magnetic grab really add something IMO

Yeah about $2500!

#17038 10 months ago

Bazinga!

Quoted from Rat:

Please add me to your list also.

Quoted from freddy:

Yeah about $2500!

#17039 10 months ago

T-Rex is fixed, back to normal.
I’m not sure what the issue was but after I disassembled most of it, added a very small amount of lubricant to the mechanisms that make the movement happen and reassembled it the noise went away. Maybe something was just jarred out of alignment.
To each their own, but I love the T-Rex. The movement and the magnetic grab really add something IMO.
I also added two spotlights to brighten up the playfield a bit using the Comet Matrix lights.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe it is just the angle the photo was taken but it looks like the ball could contact those spot lenses?

#17040 10 months ago

anyone know where the shaker settings are on JP,I can usually find it on other machines but its eluding me.T REX shaking so much Godzillas getting pissed.

#17041 10 months ago

Like up in the 200s of the adjustments. Shaker "maximal"

Quoted from Jamesays:

anyone know where the shaker settings are on JP,I can usually find it on other machines but its eluding me.T REX shaking so much Godzillas getting pissed.

#17042 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Like up in the 200s of the adjustments. Shaker "maximal"

Thank You

#17043 10 months ago

2k extra for a moving T. rex head …. No way the pro will be just as fun. Stern is getting out of control on prices. I don’t even want to buy a new game from them because then I would be supporting the high mark up.

#17044 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

2k extra for a moving T. rex head …. No way the pro will be just as fun. Stern is getting out of control on prices. I don’t even want to buy a new game from them because then I would be supporting the high mark up.

That's just a little hyperbolic, but certainly not a value for many. Here are features of the premium vs. pro:
- Moving ball-eating T-Rex
- Motorized raptor pin gate & ball capture
- Horizontal helicopter spinner
- Extra up-post (raptor pin)
- Mosquito amber pop caps
- Metal apron
- Raptor themed cabinet graphics (more colorful/better IMO)
- Translite with correct JP logo

#17045 10 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's just a little hyperbolic, but certainly not a value for many. Here are features of the premium vs. pro:
- Moving ball-eating T-Rex
- Motorized raptor pin gate & ball capture
- Horizontal helicopter spinner
- Extra up-post (raptor pin)
- Mosquito amber pop caps
- Metal apron
- Raptor themed cabinet graphics (more colorful/better IMO)
- Translite with correct JP logo

A lot of nothin for 2G+.
And I prefer pro cab art.
I like the variety of Dino’s as opposed to just raptor. And contraire , the pro art is very colorful .

#17046 10 months ago

With the art on the premium the fiery skies pay homage to the DE JP translite, which I like (I have no idea if that was purposeful or not).

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17047 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

I own a Prem and have played a PRO at a local brewery a few times... well worth the $2k for me... after playing the Prem...the Pro is just boring... IMHO

#17048 10 months ago

Pro v Prem is argued in threads for every single game. Neither side is likely to ever change their mind.
I have the premium and am glad I went with it, no regrets, to each their own.
The thing that I admit is interesting is when I bought the game 2 years ago, it was only a $1500 price difference, I would prob still go with the Prem today but I do understand at $2500 price difference it will give more pause to people who are deciding or on the fence.

#17049 10 months ago

Hey everyone, hoping for a little troubleshooting help, just received my Jurassic park premium a week or so ago. I installed a pinwoofer system and a speaker light kit, all looks and sounds beautiful! However, now the T-Rex head has stopped moving entirely and the WiFi isn’t working ? I had the insider connected all connected registered and functioning. Now it says it needs a USB WiFi adapter? I’m very much a novice when working on machines, I looked back by the t-Rex head and tried to ensure all the connections her still connected, nothing loose ect. Didn’t see anything wrong or out of the ordinary but then again I may have no idea what I’m really looking at or even looking in the right place. Anything helps! Thank you in advance!

#17050 10 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Pro v Prem is argued in threads for every single game. Neither side is likely to ever change their mind.
I have the premium and am glad I went with it, no regrets, to each their own.
The thing that I admit is interesting is when I bought the game 2 years ago, it was only a $1500 price difference, I would prob still go with the Prem today but I do understand at $2500 price difference it will give more pause to people who are deciding or on the fence.

Agreed. I “only” paid an extra $1500 but would likely pay the extra at today’s higher prices if I were buying new. The premium T-Rex and Raptor pen change the gameplay. Ball paths and potential ball trajectories are different. Both add elements of randomization of ball trajectories that change risk/reward scenarios. I played both considerably before choosing the premium and this ultimately factored heavily into my decision to go premium. These two mechs are not merely cosmetic differences. They enhance the depth of the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 21,343 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/341?hl=nodisclaimer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.