(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11635 2 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

But if you don't and just finish escape, the game still ends is that right. You don't just start again?

What to you mean by ends? I would have thought that once you complete all modes that it would go back to the begining and you could do it again? Keep playing until all balls are drained.

Please don't say it's like ACNC and just finishes and says game over when you complete the Wizard mode

I had considered buying ACNC but that was one of the things that made me decide against. I have a JP prem on the way hopefully here in a couple of weeks.

#11646 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Reminds me of the guys going for old school arcade records. Eventually on the old games you'll reach a "clear screen" where the code or memory just runs out.

Yep some old school games do that, but MANY keep on going until you lose. I prefer the ones that keep on going such as Defender, Space Invaders, Asteroids, etc all endless games. I also enjoy the games that start again from the begining at a harder difficulty level, which is exactly what these pinballs should do, more hits to complete modes etc.

Pinball has always been endless in the past, I am VERY much against the idea of a pinball machine ending and draining my ball in play and not allowing me to keep playing. Get to the end and get ripped off, how deflating

I expect pinballs with Wizard modes to just start from the first mode again like when you defeat Medieval Madness, which I have done a few times.

Sure I'm not going to do that often, but when I do I want to keep playing.

I'm not going to back out of purchasing the game, but it is a disapoinment to find out that Stern is joining in this "ending" of games.

Now that pinball is no longer infinate, I expect games will become shorter and shorter. Buy the pin, finish it, and then buy a new one, I can't see any other reason they would want games to have an end.

2 weeks later
#11763 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Dimples are definitely normal. Flipper power really doesn't affect it that much. Like others have said, eventually they'll even out and won't be as noticeable. Just one recommendation. For the love of God, please don't buy and install a playfield protector. They change gameplay, allow dust and debris to get underneath, and eventually, they will get hazy from ball travel and look like hammered dog shit. Then you gotta tear the playfield back apart to remove it. I can't emphasize this enough. I cringe every time I see a machine for sale, and the seller says "playfield protector installed from day one" No...just no.
EDIT: Playfield protectors have their place. Like on an older machine with playfield wear, to stop further wear.

Fair enough that's your opinion. But I still see it as being a good selling point, any buyer who doesn't like the protector can cut it out in 2mins and the playfield underneath will be like brand new. I can't imagine why any buyer of a secondhand pinball would not be happy about that.

#11768 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I had one installed on my Batman 66 right after purchase... thinking about removing it... how would you cut it out..???

I have one on my old Pin-Bot and had one on my Flintstones and found they improved both of those games. I did have to trim one with a box cutter to fit and that was easy. But I will admit I have never cut one away completely after installation.

I assume it would be easy to lift an area around the front of the slings or somewhere and carefully slide some good pointy scissors under it to cut without touching the playfield. As you progress it will be easier to cut and lift to access other areas. Some pins may trap the underlay in some places, I dunno?

I have one here ready to put on my NIB JP Premium when it arrives in a couple of weeks, sorry about that Scribbles

I'm thinking if I apply it from new I won't notice any difference in gameplay and it will preserve my game for resale and for my own enjoyment.

I agree it's a pain to pull a new game apart, will see how it goes, and if I don't like it I will get rid of it.

#11798 2 years ago
Quoted from reichan:

pinball dealer sent some technicians

WOW.....lucky you, I live in Tasmania, no Stern distributor or Tech is EVER going to come to my place to look at my pins.

#11799 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I had one on my pro when I bought it. I tried to give it a chance but hated it. It does change how the game plays some but worst of all it traps debris under it. Just looks terrible imo. Cutting it out was kind of a pain but nothing complicated. I used scissors and whatever to just rip it out of there. I think I had to loosen the ramps but did not take anything truly apart. I see no point of these things on clear coated modern pf's.

Buying a NIB Pinball before I have ever played it is like......ummm, I dunno putting a ring on it it too early IMO. I'm considering wearing a condom on my playfield just in case we are not a good match.

If later I decide I trust the game and it's a keeper I might reconsider.

Play safe

(PS the protectors I have on old games never look bad or have dirt under them, I suppose it depends on the environment?)

3 weeks later
#11972 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

This game has to have the hardest multiballs out of any game I've played! Hit 423M yesterday, that's my best yet.

Some of the 80's pinballs it was very difficult to even get multiball started and didn't happen every game. If you did get multiball it would typically last 10 - 20 seconds and you could loose two balls before even getting to flip them, no ball save.

My JP is arriving next week, but from videos I have seen I think the multiball play looks fair and balanced, earned and not a gimme. Unlike GnR which is a great game, but multiball happens so frequently and ball saves are so long that balls are draining all over the palace and it doesn't matter. I know some players love it, but IMO it devalues multiball and deminishes the skill of actually being able to keep balls in play. (Sorry for the slight deviation off topic, but it is relevant when discussing JP multiball)

1 month later
#12430 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

My 3D printed topper w/ LED strip tied to backboard Flashers.
[quoted image]

OMFG I don't want to be anywhere near that game when someone nudges that off and it drops on the glass

1 week later
#12584 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah....deciding not to purchase this pin because the game ends after nublar is an absolute shame. This is an all time great pin, and you are going to keep yourself from it because a wizard mode that you might not ever even see ends the game instead of just resetting the pin? Or...might affect .01% of your games? Not to mention that story wise it would make no sense to reset the pin after the volcano destroys the island.
Or if you are consistently getting to the end of nublar...then...you probably have the pin set up too easy. Or....just make it a different challenge for yourself and see how big of a score you can get by the end. ....OR...of course, then make it your next challenge to get to when dinosaurs ruled the earth.

After about 600 games on my JP Prem I now agree that I am unlikely to finish all the challenges in this game and the fact that it ends should not be a problem for me. (Although I am still morally against pinballs ending when there are balls in play)
My GC score so far is about 900mill and I have only reached the visitor centre once and have only collected two fossils in a game. I can't imagine ever getting 12
The game is HARD but it is making me play better and I'm enjoying that

#12586 2 years ago

Question for JP owners about the guide rail from the pops next to the right ramp. I find that balls running down that rail at a medium pace will go SDTM. It doesn't always happen as the ball often enters that rail at an angle and bounces off it, but if the ball is running down the rail then look out I can't even get it with a slap save. (I don't shove my machine across the floor like the pinball video streamers all seem to do these days)

My rail does not allow the ball to deflect off the post next to the right ramp, even tweaking the rail wouldn't allow that, see the picture below.

I assume everyone has some SDTM balls from this area? If mine is normal then I won't try to tweak it.
(Having trouble uploading a picture in Chrome, I will try on my phone, edit yep worked uploading from phone)
JP Screenshot 2021-12-22 115113 (resized).jpgJP Screenshot 2021-12-22 115113 (resized).jpg

#12589 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies, yeah I assumed that it was the design of the game. It doesn't happen often enough to be too frustrating and mostly when it does happen it's because I have bricked a shot to the Smart Missile, so I need to play better

#12603 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Like 2.4 billion. I had 2.2 coming out of visitors center on ball 2 and crapped out the rest of the game. Haha

Great score I'm wondering what is your average score (in audits) and how do you have your game set up? have you moved your outlane posts? have you changed any settings?

I have not been able to get 1 billion yet and have only reached the Secure Control Room once. I have had my JP prem pin a month and have played it flat out around 700 games. I would rate my flipper skills as above average but this title is hard, which is great it keeps me pressing start. I normally keep my pinballs with everything at factory default but decided to lower my outlane posts on JP as it is so difficult to nudge save there.

My average score is 135million and slowly going up, grand champ 950million, on a session of 10 or more games I might get one game over 500million. I'm starting to wonder if I will ever get a 2 billion score or see some of the later wizard modes.
I will keep trying to play better and hit the shots more consistently, currently I probably only hit the smart missile target shot a quater of the time, if I could hit it at least half the time I would get the extra ball there more often.

#12606 2 years ago

Quoted from chuckwurt:I’ve maybe put 30 plays on it so far.

Oh FFS

#12621 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Ok while on the subject of Smart Missile, when in multiball I often end up with 2-3 balls stacked up behind the SM up-post however I then fail to make the shot due to the changed dynamics of having multiple balls rolling down the face of the flipper. Can people still make the shot with the leading ball or what technique do people use in this situation to give themselves a better chance (eg I've tried to ski pass the first 2 balls to the right flipper but they don't have enough momentum). Any suggestions welcome ... videos would be even better

Yeah it's difficult enough without multiple balls in the lane, I was just reading the wiki rules and thought maybe the answer isto abort in this case.

Choice 6 - Abort - selecting this award will deactivate the Smart Missile and the inlane insert will flash instead of being lit solid; you can requalify it (lit solid again) with two shots to the Truck.

Do you know how long the inlanes stay light for after lighting them? is it a numer of rollovers or time?

I'm running the "enhanced" code and I noticed a couple of default settings that seem unusual to me.

My left and upper flippers were set at 255 but my right flipper was 235 - I changed it to 255 and I think that feels better.

DNA to light EB says 6 in the wiki but mine was set at 8, I changed mine back to 6 and I think my best is 5 anyway.

#12629 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Nudging? You need to be prepared to get real value from your tilt warnings! I got 1.7b one time completely dialed on the Dino shot and some significant man handling power slide sdtm saves. Sometimes you have to protect your progress with muscle and passion!

Power Slide? you mean shoving the machine across the floor to stop a SDTM?

Really? this is the kind of play I see all the pinball video streamers promoting these days.

IMO sliding the machine across the floor, death saves, bang backs etc are just full on cheating. Many of the huge scores on video for JP include moves like that.
These "pinball influencers" are starting to make such moves acceptable, but I know they are not at my place or the meets I attend.

If you want to cheat just put rubber bands over the outlanes and drill a pin into the middle of the centre drain.

(Nudging, bumping and slap saves are fine and part of the game as long as the tilt is set reasonably)

#12634 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

As for the DNA EB, up to code v1.02 the DNA EB was set at 8, but the default was lowered in 1.03 to be 6 - what version of code are you using?

I'm using the enhanced unofficial code that AFAIK uses v1.03 so I thought it was strange that mine has 8 DNA for EB as factory settings. 6 DNA is still tough and not something I have acheived at random. I've got 5 but I'm going to have to study and memorize the DNA combos to get more.

#12635 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not cheating

OK I did some forum searching and found an interesting vote poll from a while back which shows that I am in the minority thinking slide saves are cheating.
Anyway I certainly have never played pinball anywhere that they were viewed as being normal fair play.

#12648 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I would expect the 1.03 code would have DNA EB default to be 6

Double checked and mine is 1.03 and factory settings for DNA EB = 8

Quoted from holminone:

Sliding is a skill and art.

OK you guys are starting to convince me, I'm starting to think that big scores and later wizard modes will be difficult to obtain without the occasional slide.

But my gamesroom has thick carpet and the pinball legs sink in a bit making sliding next to impossible. I might try putting furniture sliders under the front legs (My friends would no doubt say that is cheating)

1 week later
#12831 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

So, who judges when it`s sliding?

I enjoy your tutorial videos Abe, I've played pinball for 40yrs and been a home collector for 10yrs and still enjoy learning skills from other players.

Your latest nudging video is great, you confirmed what I said a couple of pages back that sliding the pinball is "cheating a bit"

Awesome

So after those few posts I have been practicing pushing the game to flex the legs to stop a SDTM without tilting, previously I just did slap saves (smaller flex). It is going ok and sometimes it is working for me and I realise on these modern pins it is the only way to progress on them.

I still won't be able to play that way on my friends machines though.

2 weeks later
#13106 2 years ago

I find that sometimes a shot halfway up the right ramp seems to activate and coun't as a ramp shot even when it went no-where near the switch at the top. This only seems to happen for certain rewards? An extra ball is never given for a half ramp shot.
Yet looking at the game I can't see a sensor that could register a half ramp shot.
Am I crazy? what is going on?

#13109 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Rat - the switch at the top of the right ramp can be a bit sensitive, I've ever even had a ramp award given when I slammed the ball into one of the ramp entrance posts, and other people have posted similar experiences as well. Might be worth just checking / adjusting the switch

I already checked the switch manually and the wire needs to be moved a fair bit to hear the micro switch click. I will do some testing in "switch test" mode and bang the playfield with my palm to see if the switch registers. Being a micro switch I didn't think it would be nearly as sensitive as a leaf switch with a tight gap.

That ramp is quite solid, I would not have thought that the ball going up the ramp would move it enough to activate the switch at the top. But I might be wrong.

#13153 2 years ago

Finally joined the Billion club it has taken me nearly 1000 games. I'm still improving slowly and watching my average score increasing which is currently 155mill.
I'm looking forward to progressing further, I have not reached the Visitor Centre yet. (Getting to Secure Control room more often and missed completing it by one shot)
I need to get better at DNA combos so I can get that extra ball that I rarely get now.
Also I would like to get more fossils each game, best is two in one game.

JP Billion 20220130_200108 (resized).jpgJP Billion 20220130_200108 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#13642 1 year ago

I have had my JP Prem for about 10 months now and it has definetly made me a better player. My 3 ball default settings high is 1.2bill and I'm hitting the shots I want fairly consistently. (Got the MXV skillshot 2 balls in a row yesterday )

But my progress is slowing and I don't think I will ever see some of the later modes the way I'm going.

I'm considering playing some 5 ball games with slightly easier settings to get further through the game and see what I'm missing.

If I use the menu to backup my settings does that backup both my scores and settings?

So if I backup and then change the settings to easier and get new high scores, later I could revert to the old backup and have my 3 ball high scores back?

#13647 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I have been noticing recently that I am getting a lot more "jump balls" (not sure the right term) where the ball just goes off the playfield more than it used to. It happens when I am hitting the upper flipper and it will like ride up somehow on top of the green plastic back in the back right corner near the T-Rex. I don't really know what is causing it but does this happen to anyone else?
I have also noticed it happening sometimes when I hit the spinner shot where it pops off the playfield sometimes as it's turning that sharp corner. I don't get the pop up when I hit the upper flipper shot and it is going around though it's only through the spinner.
Just curious if this happens to anyone else.

Term = Air Balls

Check the rubber on your upper flipper is sitting flush against the lip on the flipper body as it should, compare to lower flipper rubbers.

3 weeks later
#13871 1 year ago

I'm sometimes getting two balls eject from the ball trough into the shooter lane, both at once. It only happens maybe once in 20 or more games so it's difficult to replicate. I have changed the balls and it's still doing it so it's not because they are magnetised.

Just wondering what I should be checking or adjusting first? Has anyone had this problem and fixed it by adjusting the ball eject coil power in settings? or is it more likely in need of physical position adjustment?

3 weeks later
#14164 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

- Lowered slingshot power but not as low as the ones like I explained above. Can get exact number if you are interested.
- Lowered flipper power to I believe 225 on the lower 2 - kept the upper default.

Thanks for this, I had read others lowering the flipper power and dismissed it until now. I have now done both of those and my scores are better, I think the lower powered slings are helping me more. But after getting used to the lower powered flippers I think I'm slightly more accurate and the bricks are less punishing.

#14169 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

What setting do you have your slingshots on? I have lowered mine too but I don't know the exact number off the top of my head.

My slings = 12 (default 32) they are still very responsive and seem to have about the same power as a common 90's pinball. At the default 32 they were so strong and fast that they would send the ball down the outlanes at lightning pace. Which might be good for operators, but not much fun as a home player.

I have always left my pins at default settings in the past, but JP at default is just too hard and random.

Lower flippers I now have set at 245 and I find that I'm shooting better and still have plenty of power for the ramps.

(Top flipper I kept at default 255)

1 week later
#14207 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

play it more and the dimples disappear.

I'm going to call this out as IMO a comon misconception. Mine has some dimples that are not easy to see and I don't care, they are caused by air balls which are fairly rare in JP.

After over 2000 games on my JP there is absolutley no sign that it will become so dimpled that they will all join up and smooth out. I doubt that would even happen after a million games as some areas are much more likely to have air balls than others.

I had a MMR-LE that I owned for 6 years and played 3000 games on and the dimples were still there and not joining up.

I have seen 30 - 40 year old games that have been on route for decades and have zero dimpling. That is not because the dimples have all joined up and in some incredible miracle were all exactly the same depth so it looks smooth and perfect. That just doesn't happen.

What does happen over time is that you will care less about the dimples and more about playing better

#14224 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

I changed the post's and rubbers, at both out-lanes up to the next size. It helped, but still a bitch.

Could you please post the part numbers for the new posts and rubbers you fitted? I think I would enjoy mine more if it wasn't such a drain monster on the outlanes.
Sometimes I can give the game huge nudge as it's going down the outlane and the ball still goes straight down without touching anything. Other games I'm fairly good at saving outlane drains, JP not so much.

#14226 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

You can buy the post and rubber separately or just get the post genie from pinball life

Thanks for that, but unfortunately postage from Pinball Life to Australia is ridiculous

Post genie = $1.69

Postage for that to Australia = Cheapest option $50.63 - Dearest $105.49

#14254 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

To me its borderline cheating lol.

Yep before I got this game I would have agreed with you. I'm 54yrs old and have been playing pinball since I was about 10 and have had a small collection at home that I have moved a few titles through over the last 8 years. I also often play at friends places who have larger collections.

I have always prided myself at keeping factory setting and not dumbing my games down. I play reasonably well and have won a few local comps over the years and have my name as GC on various games.

So I think I have enough experience to be able to call JP an outlane drain monster compared to most other pins.

I have noticed that many of the top YouTube streamers will now slide machines across the floor to save a SDTM ball. I used to think this was cheating, but after much debate here I now agree that if you can do so without tilting then that is fair play.
My game is on carpet, so no sliding for me. But have been able to modify my gameplay so that I can push on the machine and flex the legs enough to save a SDTM and get a warning but not tilt. That skill has made me a better player on all games.

On my JP my average game would be about 300-400mill with my GC 1.250billion
But even after 2000 plays I have never got to the Visitor Centre (have been a couple of shots away fom it) and that is mostly due to the huge wide open outlane drains.

JP left outlane measuring the gap diagonally between the rubbers is 4cm that is huge. My Pin-Bot is 3cm which some also call an outlane drain monster but I find with practice I have some control over. That extra cm means that some balls heading for the outlane go straight through without touching the rubbers at all even when I give the machine a sharp push at the exact time resulting in a warning but still a clear drain.
This results in me feeling cheated by the game. (With the new posts the gap will still be more than Pin-Bot)

Yep I could play better and never miss a shot so never hit the slings and never get an outlane drain from them, how do you go with that?
Sometimes I can nail combos 6 shots in a row or more that are perfect and progress through the game quickly. Then I can get multiball and can lose three balls all at the same time. IMO good games depend on luck too much.

I wonder how many players that have GCs over 1 billion can get high scores like that consistently? or do they have some games when the slings send all their balls to the outlanes in less than 2mins.

IMO these outlanes have been designed with operators in mind, not home owners. I enjoy a fast and difficult game, but JP is just a bit too difficult for my liking.
I have sold previous games because my average game went for 45mins on them and they become easy and boring. Getting the balance right is hard.

I would love to be able to get through the wizard modes of this game without modifying the outlanes and I will keep trying to do so until my new posts arrive which will probably take 2 months.

But as others have said and I am now starting to agree with, these are our games so we should do whatever pleases us with them

#14256 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It should be pretty easy to grab the parts you need from PSPA or RTBB

RTBB is putting together a custom order from Pinball Life for me with their next order

1 week later
#14382 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just run the shaft through the holes in the playfield and the flipper assembly and then tighten.

I really like the look of these flippers and the no play bushings. But what I would really like to see is a way to tighten the flipper arm to the mech that doesn't require me to apply so much force to the bolt and mech that it feels at risk of breaking. (Also at risk of breaking my knuckles when the allen key slips)

#14397 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

you never have to futz with that flipper arm bolt again.

Good job, but now you need to redesign the flipper shaft and tension mech and put a star shaped section where it clamps, then miro adjustments can be made from above.
Then get all the manufacturers to upgrade to this system so that no-one ever has to deal with that again

#14453 1 year ago

I changed setting #301 to "more goats" and I still can't see any goats, do I just need to play better?

#14465 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's random though and doesn't swap the callouts all the time. Also if you have the custom code installed then you won't hear any of it since those funny callouts have been replaced with whatever the author chose.

Ahhh, yes I have the Awesome custom code so no extra goats for me, small price to pay

1 week later
#14650 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Oh wow....thats not cheap for flippers

I was considering them, but after adding $45 postage to Australia and currency conversion now I'm considering not getting them

194.00 US Dollar = 280.66 Australian Dollar

1 month later
#14893 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

It's just so damn punishing and the god damn out lanes are like magnets.

I have always prided myself in keeping my games difficulty at factory default and the outlanes in the middle setting as they come.
But JP outlanes set in the middle hole have a HUGE gap, so much bigger than other pins I own and have owned in the past.
One quick hit from the sling can send the ball down the outlane so fast that even with a warning inducing nudge the ball doesn't touch the sides.

I decided to install a couple of Post Genies like another member posted here earlier. https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

They tame down the outlanes to somewhere closer to normal difficulty and to me make the game more enjoyable and less of a ripped off punnish fest.
My top 4 high score were over 1bill before but I wasn't progressing through the code as much as I wanted. Now my top is 1.6bill and I'm sooo close to getting to the Visitors Centre I can smell it

purbeast just out of interest, could you measure the outlane gaps on GZ compared to JP? (I measured and compared to my Pin-Bot and JP outlanes were HUGE incomarison, and people often say Pin-bot outlanes are brutal, although after practice I find them controlable. I know there is more to it than the gap)

#14897 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Only problem with those other posts is then I'd need to buy more rubbers

Comes with rubber, description from website below. Yeah they are a PITA to install because of the tight work area, but so worth the effort IMO.

"Are your Stern pinball machine outlanes too open for you? Try making them smaller with this simple post mod.
Includes a machine screw, 2 washers, a locknut, a 5/16" black rubber ring, a clear star post and a clear silicone protector to keep your playfield art from getting damaged.
This mod works on most (but not all) Stern pinball machines.
Sold individually. If you plan on putting this kit on both the left and right side of your playfield you will need to add 2 Outlane Post Genies to your order."

#14929 1 year ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

I only tried to time out t-rex multiballs/modes I accidentally started.

I shot white shots to spell map and start paddocks, I shot as many rescues as required to light the set trap targets, I shot the needed set trap targets to light capture or the helicopter ramp, and then I either captured the dinosaur or I shot the helicopter ramp and then captured the dinosaur. I went up the left side of the map, and didn't go to the middle or right paddocks at all (so only 4 paddocks needed for VC).

Edit: I think one of the dinosaurs got away from me, and I didn't capture it though. This still lets you advance to the next spell map section

Thanks everyone for the discussion about getting to VC, obviously I have not been focusing on this properly to get there. I have been playing to complete CHAOS, get multiballs and progress through them and trying to get through control room modes etc. Progressing through paddocks, capturing dinos has been a secondary consideration that happens along the way as I am trying to maximise my score.

I know the code and have read the wiki rulesheet, but somehow I have not been compelled to ignore all the other fun stuff and just go for paddocks. In fact I have never even bothered changing the paddock that is lit before starting with the ramp shot, I just take whichever is lit.

So now after reading people's comments I'm going to try to focus on getting to VC at the exclusion of everything else. I don't think it will take me long to get there applying this new strategy. Just for a bit of fun I will count the games it takes me, for a while anyway.

#14938 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

So now after reading people's comments I'm going to try to focus on getting to VC at the exclusion of everything else. I don't think it will take me long to get there applying this new strategy. Just for a bit of fun I will count the games it takes me, for a while anyway.

Lifetime plays before applying new strategy to get to VC = 1774

Extra plays focusing on new strategy before getting to VC = 9

Total score about 900mill didn't even make leaderboard. Now I need to learn a strategy for playing the VC mode that doesn't include choking

2 weeks later
#14990 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Anyone have any input on this? After playing some over the weekend and getting so many drains directly to the outlane, I am ready to change the posts lol.

Buy the outlane posts you listed and fit them in the upper position, they fit well. I also put a slightly lager post on the lower side of the right in/out lane.
I didn't do the same for the left as that already has a ball save feature.

I feel this makes the game out lanes more normal, before they were brutal AF. I am generally not a fan of making games easier, but JP just isn't fair or fun at factory IMO.

1 month later
#15444 1 year ago
Quoted from JHS71:

For a Mod. Would love to see a topper like this that would turn an egg every so often or Dna combo collected or a mini one near controll room flasher.
[quoted image]

You could have a full size egg turner like that next to the pin, this could become the next big thig
People spend up to $3k on a Topper that no-one looks at while they are playing. Maybe they would spend $5k on a "Next To".

Does anyone know when the official Stern "Next To" for (insert game here) will be available?

1 week later
#15560 1 year ago

What size piano wire are people using and where are you buying it?

1 month later
#15904 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

Selling a spare magnetized warning label, made by another pinsider. $3 shipped.
Full set already claimed.
For a Pro model with plastic apron you’ll probably want to use double sided tape.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does the pinsider who made these have any more?

2 months later
#16318 11 months ago

My JPP has been flawless for 18mths but now sometimes the LEDs are flickering and some of the arrow inserts have the wrong colour. (Aus spelling)

I'm hopeful that I just need to reseat a connector or something. Anyone have this happen and know where to start?

Added 11 months ago:

Nothing wrong with my pinball, my old eyes were playing up due to accumulated stress put on them during the week. I have had a good rest now and my LEDs are fine

2 months later
#17034 9 months ago
Quoted from NPO:Deleted post

Please add me to your list also.

1 week later
#17070 8 months ago

JP prem having an issue with my LEDs at random some of the inserts will show the wrong colour and sometimes they will flicker, it's starting to hapen more often.

I'm guesing it could be a loose connector but I went through them before and everything looks to be well seated.

I could wade through the manual to find where to focus my attention.

But it would be great if anyone else has had this issue and knows a quick easy fix?

#17075 8 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Reseat the data cables going to the node boards. That's the first place I would start. I've found that fairly common on Spike games (especially if you have a shaker motor).

Thanks, I will start there, yes I do have a shaker motor, I'm also a firm nudger

4 weeks later
#17267 8 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

100% one of the best mods for my dark basement.

That looks great, is all the other lighting standard except for the two "two headed" spotlights?

What method did you use to power them?

#17270 8 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

$18 each i think all in.

I bought two of the doubles to set up like yours, by the time I converted the currency and paid postage to Australia it cost me $116.74 AUD

Pinball is expensive in Australia, especially when posting from America, actually the postage charge from Comet was reasonable when compared to some others.

(I have often been quoted around $100aud to post a $10 part that would easily fit in a small letter envelope from some other American pinball sellers.)

2 weeks later
#17713 7 months ago

No make me a moderator, I'm drunk and rude and more fun at parties than a web designer

#17726 7 months ago

What I would like to see is the Nedry save only happening if you hit the target to re-light the left ball save and immediately go down the right drain. That is such a bummer

Yes I know with a perfect hit that won't happen, but I noticed even Elwin seemed to aviod the target in game streams.

#18005 7 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

My Premium is an Aug 21 build.
Upgraded last night from 1.03 of the Movie code to Stern's latest, 1.10
Have put about 20 games on it. Most of the animations look nice but a couple look "yucky" (technical term), such as the Bonus and Tota Score animations. I like the call outs, the light shows are a bit different, and the Nedry save is a nice addition.
And I just experienced a machine lockup at the end of a short game; had to recycle power to reboot.

My Premium is May 21 build with Blue Node boards. I am running Movie code 1.03 and want to know if I can put the new 1.10 code on an SD card to try it out and then swap back to my Movie 1.03
Can you test it out?

Another poster said he had couldn't use 1.03 after updating to 1.10 but then tried Movie 1.05 and that worked.

I want to know if I should download Movie 1.05 before I test the new 1.10

I don't have Insider Connected hardware in my game.

#18147 7 months ago
Quoted from RobW:

I have a September 2019 build and installed the 1.10 update. Blue nodes. 1.03 movie code didnt work after. How can I get the 1.05 Movie code?

PM sent

2 months later
#20073 4 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I’ll be 70 in 20 years so I really doubt I’ll care either way

I see this attitude often, but I guess most people will care much more about money when they are 70 and retired than they do at 50.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Niwot, CO
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=rat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.