(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13,888 posts
  • 1,059 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by lionelpo91
  • Topic is favorited by 548 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C1EDD3A4-9DC8-4809-89F6-07D0AFA4F22C (resized).jpeg
5990C9A9-3151-4E47-9441-4D6700527263 (resized).jpeg
RaptorGate (resized).jpg
2ADE470B-6BDE-40A5-8818-44CAA4CB7AB6 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220516-115053-257 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20220516-003232-715 (resized).png
20220515_140633 (resized).jpg
IMG_7280 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7291 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7289 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7268 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7282 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7290 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220514_082302275 (resized).jpg
EFBC7ABB-350B-43AD-A95A-9AAE5C7750F7.gif

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #72 Custom Jurassic Park apron cards Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #230 Custom Apron Cards for Stern JP Posted by Coindropper (2 years ago)

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (2 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (2 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (2 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (2 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (2 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (2 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by Scribbles (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

456 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mr_tantrum. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1309 2 years ago

Well, I know a couple of others out there are also designing Barbasol shaving cream mods, but I wanted to share my design for the Data East version of Jurassic Park (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/140#post-5193009)

The mod is currently 5-1/2" tall, but if there is any interest to use with the new Stern JP and it needs to be modified then I would be happy to do so. As stated at the link above, the model is 3D printed with multiple colors (no painting), the label is adhesive vinyl printed on a photo quality printer with a clear vinyl outer layer, the vials are 3D printed and permanently sealed with colored water inside, and the underlighting is a Comet Matrix LED strip (I include the lighting, cabling, and clips to connect the GI circuit somewhere on the bottom side of the playfield).

The mods are ready for purchase (takes about 1 week from time of order) for $60 which includes US shipping (will ship outside US on a per quote basis). Please PM me if interested, and I'm happy to answer any questions and provide payment details.

Barbasol.jpg
10 months later
#6175 1 year ago

Okay, I need some help from the Stern JP owners club. For those of you who have the Mezel Mods Pinball Raptor Lookout Tower installed, I need to know the clearance from the peak of the roof to the underside of the playfield glass (in mm preferably, but I can handle decimal or fractional inches if that's all you can do).

Long story short, I'm designing a roof mod but I don't have access to the game. Also, the guy I'm doing it for lives over an hour away and I currently have his roof in my possession, so he can't help me either. Once of those things I meant to measure beforehand, but forgot to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can either post here in the forum or PM me with the information.

1 week later
#6312 1 year ago

For those of you who don't care for the holes and 3D print quality of the roof of the Raptor Lookout Tower by Mezel Mods, you now have a new option. With the help of eightballtexas, I've designed this 3D printed straw style roof to fit directly on top of the existing one without any modification whatsoever required. The roof is secured with the loud speaker tower which fits snuggly into the existing front screw hole (no glue or tape required), and the back hole is hidden by the new roof.

The straw appearance goes perfectly with the overall theme of the game, the price for the mod is $35 which includes US shipping (will ship outside US on a per quote basis). Also, I'm happy to do custom colors for the loudspeaker tower (green is shown, but gray/silver like the tower color would be another good option). If interested in ordering, please PM me for payment details.

For those of you who are not familiar with my work, I've designed and sold hundreds of mods here on Pinside over the last few years. I mainly design things for the games I own (Getaway, DE JP, AFMr), but I've also done mods for a variety of other pins on request from satisfied customers. You can read feedback from some of my happy customers here: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/mr_tantrum/feedback

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

1 month later
#6856 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

I can disassemble and take pictures of mine, if you need some extra guidance

That would be very helpful to many of us if you could do so. Also, some good pics of install in different positions.

#6858 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I tried to find the cg of the Jeep and mount that over the rod assembly from the game.

Good note.

#6863 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

NICE POST!!!! I am going to play with the mounting in your Step 4 a bit. While solid initially, I can't help but think that the jeep to bracket stability will change after 1000 whacks. Its metal to plastic which changes integrity over time. The main idea is to get the metal bracket in contact with the Jeep plastic underbody more, and reduce anything hanging in the air. To do so, I may try to drill another larger hole where the dark rod screw is in the center to allow the dark screw head to extend up into the jeep, allowing the bracket itself to sit 'more flush'. I may also look at add a few metal washers between the bracket and the body plastic to eliminate the remaining 'air' which is accurately called in the scenerio "wiggle room". Stay tuned...

Possibly an application for a 3D printed custom spacer. Light, strong, and custom fit.

#6866 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I'm so confused guys, I literally posted a few posts up you can buy spacers. I got mine at home depot. I can post a picture of the bag for the spacers and screws tonight.

Spacers are of course a simple and valid option (and probably what I would do if do decide to purchase the game), but that doesn't feed the 3D design beast inside of me!

#6869 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Did you end up going with the new JP to replace the old one?

I just waved goodbye to my DE JP a few minutes ago. I'm going to sleep on things, then make my decision but JP Premium is where I'm definitely leaning.

JP (resized).jpg
#6872 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Thats a beautiful Data East JP bud. The new JP premium is definitely a great game, hopefully you'll enjoy it even more than the old one.

Thanks, I put a lot of time, creativity, and money into it in order to realize my vision for that game (not to mention everything under the hood you can't see - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/102107 if anyone is interested). I think the caution theme lent itself well to the cabinet coloring and art, but not so much the new Sterns (I'll have a few tasteful caution tape touches here and there if I end up purchasing one).

Even though I loved looking at every time I went into the game room, I found myself no longer being drawn to play it. I'm still a relatively newbie when it comes to pinball, but I think I've learned that I prefer games that flow rather than start and stop so much. From all of the reviews I've read, this forum, and videos I've watch, the new JP has good flow even though it does still have some similar basic objectives. Having never owned a Stern, however, the ruleset appears to me to be extremely deep and non-linear. DE JP objectives are fairly basic and rigid (a product of its time, I'm sure).

In looking at all of the newer Sterns, I suffer from having overall theme near the top of my list. I know they are all probably pretty great games, but I'm not into cartoons, comics or super heroes, I love the Stranger Things theme but that game is too close to my AFMr layout in just a 3 pin collection, BK would be an option but I already own probably the best Steve Richie design ever - Getaway (not to mention I find the sound track on that game annoying), and I'm not really into ghoul (Munsters & Elvira). That basically leaves me Guardians, Star Wars, and Jurassic Park (I realize Guardians is comics, but it at least has the sci-fi theme which I love). Of those three, from all the videos and reviews I've read, I think that JP is the best choice for me - innovative, timeless theme, and the way that experienced pinball owners speak of it so gushingly must mean something.

#6874 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Hey guys - I have been pretty off put by this game because the lack of theme integration from the movie, however the recent TMNT custom 1987 firmware gave me hope that maybe someone was working on integrating scenes from the movie into the pin? Is anything in the works?

Have you not seen this thread (applies to Premium and LE):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

#6878 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Browsing through a few pages that looks like it's just replacing the audio. Are they redoing the video as well?

Yes, start at the end and work backwards.

#6889 1 year ago

For those who have installed Pin Stadium lighting did you just adhere the mag strip on top of your blade art? I guess there's not really any other option unless you went with the currently backordered Hover Kit (but then again, I read somewhere those weren't compatible with the Omega's).

Also, do most think Omega is the way to go? I don't really see myself using any of the colors except white anyway. Of course, I must have the UV flashers - those are awesome on my AFMr.

#6900 1 year ago

Sounds like Omega is the best choice, thanks for the input.

#6901 1 year ago

It's official - I just put in my JP Premium order! Looking forward to joining the club in what is hopefully a few short days. Thanks for everyone's insight and support in helping me make my decision.

#6908 1 year ago

So you have a week or so to compile a set of MUST DO's. Let me start you off by suggesting that you immediatly getting an order into Cliff to get his shooter-lane protector kit. Everything else can wait IMHO, but playfield damage is possible day-1. You could/should also turn down the coil strength for the ball trough coil (maybe just under 200 or so), but the stainless steel protector would be the right answer. Place the order today.
Then you can look at: 1) a washer under the left shooter ramp steel tong and lower the shooter autolauncher coil to 200 or so, 2) putting a non-metallic washer under the post at the tip of the third flipper. (Cliff has a new carbon fiber one for a couple of bucks you can get at the same time).
Lastly, over the next few days try to go find a mechanics ignition miniature open-end wrench set since you'll need that to adjust a few playfield posts and other items, INCLUDING the post I mentioned above in #2 which is mounted underneath the flipper assembly itself. Regular wrenches will NOT fit since the space between the playfield wood and the underside of the metal flipper bracker is very narrow! The aforementioned wrench sets actually fits in that space.

If only I could get off that easy. Here's what I'm already committed to besides the pin:
- Stern Topper
- Stern Shaker
- Backbox & Cabinet speakers
- Speaker Lights with 5.25" mounts
- Side Blades (Tilt Graphics)
- Cliffy Protectors + Carbon Fiber washer
- Pin Stadium Omega lights
- Safari Farms Nanny Goat with I will paint to look like the one in the movie
- JP Jeep to replace the one on the newton toy

I'll be doing a few of my own decals/graphics, custom apron cards, and 3D printed mods over time after the pin arrives. Also, I'm hunting down the Stern amber shooter rod as well as being on a backorder list with my distributor. I'm sure I'll outfit the pin with Titan rings (haven't decided on colors yet), trees, dino figures, etc. I'm on the fence with the fluorescent plastic protectors, but I have them on my AFMr and they look great - just not sure if that's the look I want on JP. Oh, and I've never done any lighting mods for Stern, but custom illuminated flipper buttons are on my DIY list.

#6912 1 year ago

It's an addiction of mine. Like many of us, these games stay in my home for years at a time, and I like putting my own personal touches on them. Of course, I always have to balance mods with budget. Fortunately, I'm able to sell all kinds of pinball mods I make for a variety of games and owners commission me on occasion for various pinball graphics and sound development. I put all of this money minus any expenses into my pinball fund, and use it to feed the monster.

I'm definitely down on the Cliffy's. I did the same thing when I acquired my AFMr LE. Even though I was the second owner, the came had like 35 plays on it or something. Man, that game is a beast - I think it took half a playfield teardown and literally 3-4 hours to get all of those Cliffy's installed.

#6913 1 year ago

Just bought a Papo Pteranodon for $10 (they make very nice figures). Link is here if anyone is interested: amazon.com link »

The goat I use for JP (made a few for DE JP owners) is also from Amazon. I paint on the black based upon the goat from the movie.
amazon.com link »
pasted_image (resized).pnggoat (resized).jpg

IMG_4494 (resized).JPG
#6929 1 year ago

Personally, I just use clear adhesive vinyl: amazon.com link »

If you want to use the same, but don't want to buy a $20 roll, PM me and I'll send you a piece as large as a #10 envelope for $2 (or I'll even cut exact shapes required since I have a vinyl cutter).

I've used the PBL "Mylar" before, and it seems like similar material but it doesn't lay down as smoothly as what is in my link above (e.g. splotchy/foggy appearance comparatively).

#6933 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Bummer about your experience with it. It’s worked great for me. Clear as day and went on smooth in my JP2 shooter lane.
[quoted image]

You know what, now that I think about it what I used in the past was the Mylar from Marco’s (I order items from both companies on a regular basis). Sorry for my misstatement.

#6934 1 year ago

BTW, “Mylar” is a brand name for plastic laminate (like Kleenex is to tissue). Many times what is referred to as Mylar is clear vinyl or some other comparable material.

#6944 1 year ago
Quoted from bent98:

When is Stern running more of the premiums? Seems like they are out of stock.

Currently there is a run scheduled for 3rd week of October according to two distributors I spoke with. Others said they weren't receiving any more until Q1 2021.

#6945 1 year ago

Received my Papo Pteranodon today. The detail is superb!

IMG_4506 (resized).JPGIMG_4509 (resized).JPG
#6947 1 year ago

For those who have added illuminated flipper buttons, what brand/color did you choose?

#6960 1 year ago
Quoted from JRay23:

Just joined the club this past week with a really nice used premium. Loving it so far. It does seem a little dark to me, what style of pin stadiums is everyone using? They have a bunch of options and some are pretty pricey!

Omega's baby!

Seriously, I have regular PinStadiums with UV flashers on my AFMr LE, and while my Premium is on order I've gone ahead and ordered Omegas for this game. I don't really use/want color GI, so the Omegas with diffused white light will be perfect and they still have the UV flashers.

#6962 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like it! So to connect the rod and button lights did you need anything extra or just the connectors that come standard with the mods?

#6966 1 year ago

So, I'm working on the colors for my rings, sleeves, etc. On my DE JP, I had green flipper rubbers, and the rings & sleeves were yellow which I thought looked great on that pin. My thoughts here are to maybe go orange on the bottom flippers and sling rings, green flipper on top, and yellow posts and rings everywhere else (might use a black sleeve below the upper flipper to kind of hide it).

Anyway, I've browsed through the photos and have seen a game with orange everywhere (I liked the look on the lower playfield), and I've seen some green too which I like in certain places. I also saw some closeups of some yellow post sleeves. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has done yellow rings, and if so if you could post some pics (zoomed out and in).

I know that many like the clears, which I've used on pins before, but in the end I find them a little visually boring. On my Getaway, I had the OEM red posts and clear rings, but ended up reversing the look with clear post and red rings and really like it. On my AFM, I have all UV reactive which looks great for that game, but I'm not feeling the pale green color is right for this game.

#6967 1 year ago
Quoted from JRay23:

Nice thanks for the replies, I hadn’t thought about the omegas, but they may be my best option, I don’t think I would use the color feature either. You have to change the colors with the app correct? I’m guessing the only way to change colors is in the app, so the colors don’t change during gameplay right?

Yes, that is how the standard Pin Stadium lights work (at least on my AFMr). Basically, on that pin I've set the white to where I want them and adjusted the color bulbs to create the desired overall white temperature without any color tint to it.

#6979 1 year ago

A little entertaining JP music video for those of you who haven't seen it

#6982 1 year ago

Can someone please help me with the post sleeve count and position on this game (I don't own the game yet)? I'm not seeing them documented in the manual (may not know what I'm looking for). I visually see 7 in photos, but the kits that were built on Titan all have 12 in them.

Here are the 7 that are obvious to me:

2 x T-Rex Ramp
2 x Right Metal Ramp
2 x Raptor Pit
1 x Upper Flipper

#6985 1 year ago

For those who want to add trees, here is my solution for the base. I 3D print the disks with holes, use plastic model glue to adhere the base of tree, then after dried use flush cutters to remove the extra stem. I then us clear double sided mounting take cut to size and place tree on top of plastic in desired locations.

Had similar technique on my DE JP, and I never once had a tree fall except when I accidentally broke them with my arm while working on the playfield. The disks are 1.6mm tall and 7/8" in diameter.

amazon.com link »

I'm happy to share the STL file with those who want to print their own, or for those who would like me to make them I'll sell them for 50 cents each plus $1 for postage (e.g. 20 disks = $11) - just PM me.

IMG_4516 (resized).JPGIMG_4518 (resized).JPGIMG_4517 (resized).JPG

#6988 1 year ago

Look what just pulled into my driveway . . .

Man, I've got mods arriving nearly every day, but no pin until at least the end of October

IMG_4519 (resized).JPG

#6994 1 year ago
Quoted from Galvez1978:

These Jeep it's for replace the stock Jeep? Where can i buy it? Thanks!!

Yes, search this thread and you will see instructions. I got a deal on mine used from eBay, but it looks perfect.

#6995 1 year ago
Quoted from Tiltbob:

At least you’ll have plenty of toys to play with till you get your pin

You should hear all of the dinosaur noises I've been making.

#7007 1 year ago

For those interested, I just created my Titan rubber kit for JP Prem/LE: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1475

It is a mix of orange and yellow along with green for the upper flipper.

#7010 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

I am interested! However, your link isn't working.. It just takes me to their homepage. Do you need to swap it out with one that is public-facing?

Sorry, please try updated link in my original post.

#7018 1 year ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

it arrived !!!
[quoted image]

Pinball hugger.

#7028 1 year ago

I had a hard time tracking one of these down, but found a good price here (about $10 shipped): https://www.inmyparentsbasement.com/products/7gg-toy-matchbox-jworld-truckhelicop-hb1?_pos=43&_sid=59f2e159b&_ss=r

FYI, I'm ordering a premium, but really like what fooflighter did with the chopper: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/121#post-5764565

JP (resized).jpg

#7030 1 year ago

Whew! Finally finished reading every post in this thread. Now, I'm moving on to the Premium/LE thread, and then the custom audio/video thread. I have to do something to keep me going until late October (the next JP Premium production run).

#7031 1 year ago

Just received my custom built Titan ring kit for JP Premium: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1475

Stupid question, but I've never owned a Stern - I assume the post sleeves are to be installed where they taper from thicker at top to thinner at bottom?

I also highly recommend their clear cling on button protectors to protect the artwork around the buttons over time from wear due to rubbing with hands and oil transfer. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=138

The mod pile is growing! I'm going to be very busy once my game finally does arrive in late October.
IMG_4525 (resized).JPG

#7045 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

My autolaunches are getting worse to a point it really pisses me off and I do not know how to fix it.
I realigned the shooter fork, did the washer fix and lifted up the heli ramp a littlebit, since the ball sometimes touches it from below.
Yesterday I took alot of slomo videos. One big problem is the thin metal flap on the right side of the shooter lane. Its enough send the ball into the opposite direction, leading to massive rattling. However sometimes the ball launches perfectly straight and it still wont make it up the ramp. Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

No help to offer, but that second video is a piece of art.

Also, the ball path looks sort of like a major league curve ball, or maybe a PBA bowler ball path.

#7067 1 year ago

My distributor emailed Stern today, and they told him that the next availability for amber shooter rods is slated for early November. I was interested in this one on eBay that just closed if it could be had for close to the MSRP ($139) + shipping, but somebody else was willing to pay just slightly more than I was. Wow, looks like they just had to have it!

#7075 1 year ago
Quoted from Tiltbob:

Looks like this guy bought it.

At least it was a fellow Pinsider.

Quoted from kidchrisso:

you can get them online at stern

No you can't. When you go to pay is states they are sold out.

However, Pinball Life does show to have them in stock for $200, but I don't know if they really do or not (usually they are good at keeping their site current). However, $200 is still too much when I can just wait 6-8 weeks for the $139 price (won't have my pin until late October at the earliest anyway): https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-jurassic-park-custom-shooter-rod.html

#7090 1 year ago

Here is my custom built Titan ring kit for JP Premium: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1475

I also highly recommend their clear cling on button protectors to protect the artwork around the buttons over time from wear due to rubbing with hands and oil transfer. https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=138

I won't be able to offer real pics until I get my game in late October, but here is a Photoshop rendering (I may have missed a ring or two since some things are hard to see in this pic).
JurassicPark-LE-Playfield(colored).jpg
44a4aba7494d7a57ff8a54f50770a00d133f2d46 (resized).jpg

#7106 1 year ago

I wasn't sure how to post video but here is a short clip MP4 of the shooter running...
https://tinyurl.com/shooterLED

Well done. So, I assume you may have had some of those parts on hand. If not, and you had to order separately that puts you a little closer to the $139 Stern version price, assuming there would ever be enough supply to meet demand. Nice to know there is a DIY option that gives identical results for a few bucks less. Thanks for detailing this.

I've created for myself and sold a ton of DIY mods (even electrical ones) on Williams, DE, and CGC games, but I'm all new to Stern/Spike 2, so things like this help accelerate my learning curve.

#7108 1 year ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

I like my jp very much. But I must admit that I'm not a pro player, so I was thinking of a center post that ease the gameplay for me.
This is a prototype done with my home cnc machine. I'll make some with a laser cutter. Leave me a pm if you are interested. [quoted image][quoted image]

Sort of reminds me of removable training wheels on a bicycle or gutter blockers at the bowling alley. Are you sure you want to do this? While you've integrated nicely, I would encourage you work on your skills a little more. You can adjust the outlane gaps, learn to side nudge a little, and even set balls per game to 5 instead of 3 to help as you learn the game while improving. For me personally this is a step too far, but not going to criticize you if it's what you want to do.

For me, learning a new game and dealing with it's particular challenges is most of the fun. I don't want to be able to walk up to a pin and immediately set a high score. Heck, I've owned my AFMr LE for a year now and still haven't ruled the universe (gotten very close on several occasions). This is one of the challenges that keeps me coming back to that game, and I plan on enjoying learning and reaching new milestones on JP once I finally have possession of it.

#7109 1 year ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am looking for the Barbasol Mod - Flashinstinct had made. If anyone has one to sell, please PM me.
Thanks

Was this a one-time run with him or is he still making them? I produce a similar mod for DE JP that I sell for $60 shipped. I wasn't going to modify for Stern JP, but if he is no longer is producing his then I might reconsider if there is some demand.
barbasol.jpg

I also make a flasher cover version for $35 shipped that I could adapt for the control room plastic.

flasher.gif

#7122 1 year ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Thanks for your in depth answer and advice. I owe this machine about 5 months roughly and going through exactly what you said, turn to 5 balls for some testing and stuff, get back to 3 and so on. Just to explore the machine. I have half a dozen good pins, but currently I'm playing only this one. . (regularly scoring about 300 to 400, high 700 mil)
I made this mod minimal invasive to have the opportunity to assemble or dissamble in few minutes. My kids enjoy dinosaur and of course this machine very much. But nudging is way out of scope for them (4y, 6y). Especially the 6y old is making great progress. So this mod is helping them a lot.
Since I clean the table regularly, I plan to remove it when friends come to play or if I want to play without this helper.
Sometimes the table is played by friends which are not into pinball at all. Perhaps I keep then the mod assembled.

If other family members play (i.e. little kids), I definitely see how your mod would make things more fun for them. I do complement you on your design and execution. Hey, you could have taken the brute force approach . . . I've seen plenty of pins here on Pinside where people drilled holes and mounted posts there - argh!

#7138 1 year ago

Can someone please tell me with the inside width of the metal ramp at its base is? I like the Tilt Graphics decal, but they did not use velociraptor tracks (what I want), so in preparation of receiving my JP that is on order I want to design my own decal.

ramp.jpg

#7140 1 year ago

I recently sold a set of decals from Tilt which included the ramp. You can see the decal with velo tracks on theirs. Is that what you are looking for, or WITHOUT the velo tracks? Also, the decal is not rectangle. It has a curve on both edges. Probably easier for you to cut one out of paper, trim it to fit, matching the curve of the sides, and then on your PC design tool, smooth out all of the edges to feed the shape geometery into a cutter.
[quoted image]

Maybe those are Velociraptor tracks, but I'm seeing different shapes online. Also, I think I have the basic shape from a photo, just not to scale. I've made several different ramp decals in the past for people, but was just looking to get a head start on this one for myself.

17100106312_fca3839f26_n (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg

#7142 1 year ago

I found apicture of the actual set I receivced from Tilt. You can see the tracks ...[quoted image]

After doing more searching it appears those are raptor tracks, just not velociraptor. I want to make my own using velociraptor tracks - just need the width at bottom so I can scale the shape accordingly. If nobody can provide the measurement, then I'll just have to wait.

#7156 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The width of the ramp at the top of the ramp flap is 56mm - sorry no inches on the tape measure but converting it is 2.205 inches
Let me know if you need any other measurements[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks (actually, I prefer mm for measurements like this).

So, here is my idea of what I want the decal to look like for my pin with velociraptor tracks (the original looks too much like bird tracks to me)
Ramp Decal (Raptor Tracks) (resized).jpg

#7159 1 year ago

I like the new tracks. The original does look like bird tracks a little bit. My only concern with this whole decal is how it will look after the ball travels over it 1000 times. Seems like it might start to look worn or the ink might come off in some places over time. Any thoughts on that?

Like most of my decals, I will print on white adhesive vinyl then clear coat with a clear gloss vinyl. The ones I've done for others up to this point have lasted well over a year with no signs of wear. Also, I've done similar graphics for my Getaway to cover up some playfield wear, and those look as good as new 4+ years after the fact. This would be the first ramp decal that I've done for myself, so we'll see how it holds up.

#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

But it IS the pteronadon ramp.

Hmmm, that's a good point which I didn't realize. Plus I do plan on mounting my pteranodon above the wire loop in that area.

Looks like the fossil record of pterosaur tracks is quite rare, so difficult to tell what their tracks actually look like. The few articles/pics I have found show they were quadrupedal with 5 flanges on their feet - 4 main ones (here's a pic where you can see a crooked forelimb print and a hindfoot print).

Here is my updated version with pteranodon tracks. I just went with the hind feet in a layout that suggests the animal had more of a "hoppping" walk instead of having an even gate.
Ramp Decal (Raptor Tracks).jpg

#7167 1 year ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

And the velociraptor was small and feathered - you guys might be overthinking the paleontological accuracy of JP.

Quoted from FatPanda:

it's kind of awesome that you're actually looking at the fossil record to accurately depict a flying animals' footprints and movement patterns.

Definitely overthinking it, but what else am I going to do from now until the 4-5 weeks when I actually have a JP in my possession?

#7168 1 year ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

And the velociraptor was small and feathered - you guys might be overthinking the paleontological accuracy of JP.

Probably, but in somewhat fairness the movie did come out in 1993 before a variety of new discoveries were made (plus they were cross-engineered with frog DNA, so who knows what impact that had on their size & appearance). In 2015 a skeleton of a "cousin" of a VR was found well preserved with quill pen feathers. It was 5' long and the largest feathered dino found to date. Based on discoveries thus far, VRs grew up to about 7' long but less than 2' at the hip tall & estimated weight of up to 30-35 lbs (not quite how JP portrays them, for sure).

Regardless, I still wouldn't want to come face-to-face with the 3" claws on that little booger.

D7PCEVRCPPEBXZKVF26LGR3TDI (resized).jpg

#7187 1 year ago

SOLD - PLEASE NO MORE PMs ASKING ABOUT THEM

I accidentally purchased an extra set of Pinball Life clear slingshot & return lane protectors. The protectors cost $10 and with shipping they are over $20 (assuming you are not ordering other items to split the shipping cost allocation). I'm offering this brand new, never used, still has the protective film on both sides set of 4 protectors for $12 which includes US shipping.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0141-00

If anyone is interested, please PM me. I will sell to the first person who PMs me and commits to paying the same day. I will ship the pieces either the same or next day depending upon when payment is received.
IMG_4554.JPG

#7190 1 year ago

I almost checked my PMs . . . made me chuckle.

#7196 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Yup. Finally got one and when I opened the package...scratched like a mo-fo. *Shakes fist at 2020*

I don't see scratches from your photo, but I trust they are there. Surely there is a way to polish them out?

#7198 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I'm open to suggestions.
The scratches are fairly deep, like someone dragged it against a brick wall.

Probably depends on what kind of tools you have. I would suggest you Google/YouTube "polishing resin"

#7200 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

I’d suggest returning it!

I just assumed that wasn’t an option, but if it is then I concur.

#7250 1 year ago

I purchased 3 new coil stops from PBL in preparation for my JP coming in late October. My question is if anyone thinks Stern will have fixed their coil stop issues in the upcoming production run or should I just replace them day 1 as a preventative measure?

I've been in the hobby for about 5 years, and have never had one fail (never owned a Stern). Is this something common with them, or did they just have a bad batch?

#7276 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I put Titan rubbers on my game and I think it has made my game much harder to shoot. The slings seem especially active now and controlling the ball is a struggle. The ball used to come out of the right orbit and get kicked to my left flipper, now it is getting kicked to the left sling? Does anyone else think this game plays terrible with titan rubbers?

I can't speak to JP as I don't have my pin yet, but I've heard this same argument in other forums for pins I own. Personally, I love Titans on all my games, and one of the first mods I do. I will say that I always go with the thin flipper rings as the thick ones are too bouncy for me. I find the thin ones offer much better control (they have a completely different feel).

Not sure how long you've had them, but when you get a few games on them they do seem to settle down a little. For me one of the biggest benefits of Titans (or other silicon rings) is that they don't degrade and leave residue all over the playfield.

Also, sometimes for slings you need to go with a slightly larger or smaller size than what the rubber ones are. With different stretch comes different performance. Can be somewhat of a pain on newer games to figure out what sizes are best for how you want the game to play if nobody else has already done the work to compare them.

#7283 1 year ago

Wondering if anyone has installed BriteCaps EVO Pop Bumper Lights on their Stern JP pops (https://www.pinballlife.com/britecaps-evo-pop-bumper-lighting.html)? I really like these and have them on my other games. If so, which color did you go with (I'm thinking the orange look best with the OEM amber caps)?

For those not familiar, these include the following:
- Underside lighting (cool white)
- Top side outer ring lighting (the top outer ring and underside lighting have a singular brightness control)
- Top side inner ring lighting (these can be set to always on or, what I prefer, they can be set to flash based upon vibration - e.g. when the bumper is tripped)

bc_evo-2 (resized).jpg

Added 18 months ago:

FYI, BrightMods BriteCaps EVO Pop Bumper lighting will not work in these games.

#7290 1 year ago
Quoted from madmack:

Playfield protector ordered!
I hady to remove the backbox to enterthe pinball in the gameroom... [quoted image][quoted image]

I am considering doing this to take mine upstairs (just to lighten things some). Was wondering what all is involved to remove the backbox?

#7292 1 year ago

It's been out for a year, but I just came across this JP short:

#7297 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

A few hinge bolts and cat6 cables, it's the easiest to remove a head as it's ever been. What a pain it was back in the Williams/Bally days with all those darn connections to remove and remember what went where. If you want an idea, just take out your translite, fold your display down, and look at what travels from the head to the cab. That's all it is.

So is it best to disconnect everything in the backbox or in the cabinet (by your photo it looks like you did it in the backbox)?

#7377 1 year ago

How about a more realistic replacement for the bowing velociraptor on Prem/LE?

#7382 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Check out this T rex head, by Lior
You will want this for your Jurassic Park, Stern Pinball
Detail is amazing.
Must have mod for sure.

I'm not going to reveal anything from my private conversation with Lior, but be on the lookout sometime today/tomorrow for a new thread where he will be highlighting what he is doing for JP.

#7465 1 year ago
Quoted from robey99:

Does anyone make under cabinet lighting for JP. I’ve asked a Rock Custom a couple times but no answer which means no. Thanks.

I don’t know, but when I get mine that is one of the things I want to DIY.

1 week later
#7590 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I just spent entirely too much time looking at the topic gallery and google for photos of the Stern art blades installed in a game. I came up dry- does anyone have a photo of the Stern art blades installed in their game? (not the LE, obviously)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/151#post-5917998

#7594 1 year ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Thank you both...I saw that post and didn't realize they were the same ones. They look a lot different in the machine than they do by themselves.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of them installed (I've had the same opinion on some other pin blades). Just because the art looks great, doesn't mean it is well scaled or positioned when installed.

#7618 1 year ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Hey all!
I ordered a NIB JP Premium at the start of September and was told machines would be on the line the 3rd week of October.
My distributor seems to be getting zero dates on shipping.
(Typical "supply chain and COVID delays" reasoning given...just not sure if that is legit or just a "line" being sent out)
Anyone here have an idea on when Stern may get some fresh premiums off the line and in the hands of customers?
I'd love to get it in and setup before the snow flies!

Same feedback here at this point. Regardless of true or not, it seems many in every industry are using covid as an excuse for delays.

#7623 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

can any one point me in the direction of the alternative code or enhancement code that was done by a pinsider? I checked the key posts nothing cheers!

Search is your friend, my friend: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project/page/12#post-5834474

#7631 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If you didn't know, a tittle is the dot on the lower case letter i and j or other markings over other letters
[quoted image]

It's also a very small part or quantity; a particle, jot, or whit.

#7753 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I haven't replaced mine as it's not an issue but:
Although it may be easier just to remove it and do a slight grind/polish on a dremel
You are looking for a "Pancake Head" screw - size, not sure..you'd have to take out the current one and get a sizing, they may be in the specialized fastener department of a store like Lowe's or Home Depot

Actually, I find that Lowe's/HD rarely have specialty fasteners like this. However, I can usually find what I'm looking for at Ace Hardware in their fastener department, and you can buy just one.

#7788 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

The shooter rod on sterns website for 139. Does it actually light up? I see pics of some lit and some that are not lit

Yes, it lights. Also, they are sold out but don't show you that until you actually get to the payment screen.

#7825 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I wont get my Prem until Feb....but buying mods now. Where to get the pteradon? Raptors?

I would say just use the search feature in this thread, and you will see numerous posts about the types/brands of each that owners have purchased (also, correct spelling is "pteranodon").

#7828 1 year ago

Just got notice from my distributor that JP Premiums are hitting his dock today. Paid my balance, and the pin (along with topper and shaker) should be on it's way to me later today. I don't know how many he received (told me Stern was only partially fulfilling his order), but thankfully I was first on the list!

I'm giddy!

#7883 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

I stand by my statement, but would like to clarify that I think it is unprofessional that the part numbers are where you can see them. You can’t put that part number on the bottom? I’m sitting in my car typing this right now, and looking at every piece in here. I assume they all have a part number. I assume that part number is somewhere on that piece. I can’t see any of them. My point is that it’s unsightly. Particularly being that it’s on the art pieces.

I don't think "unprofessional" is the right word. Every pinball manufacturer prints the part numbers on their plastics. By definition, the companies that produce them set the methodology and standards, thereby making it "professional". You may think it is tacky, but definitely not distracting. When you stare at a plastic and look for it is it visually pleasing - no. While you're playing a game have you ever been distracted by a part number on a plastic, decal, or playfield as you eyes are tracking the ball - I seriously doubt it.

Do I wish that artist wouldn't mark their art by printing their signature over the top of it - sure. Is it unprofessional - quite the contrary.

#7885 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Point taken. I’ll go with tacky as HELL then lol

I think the main issue is that pins are thought of as products by those that manufacture them, but for many of us home buyers they are decor and works of art.

#7898 1 year ago
Quoted from Metroshica:

Ignore me, I'm an idiot. Thank you all.

cluelessnessdemotivator.jpg
#7903 1 year ago
Quoted from sepins:

Just received My JP Topper but haven't installed it.
Was this a stupid purchase? Was an impulse purchase.
Just read some of the posts and now thinking don't install it and sell it???
Anyone installed one and are You happy?

I’d check the LE/Prem thread. I saw one in person and it looks nice. The owner loved it, and as a result I have one on order with my pin which should arrive any day. Don’t worry about what others think. If you like it, keep it. You can always sell it down the line, but I doubt you will want to.

#7916 1 year ago

Phase 1 is complete - the game is in the house! First impressions are that this games is even more beautiful in person.

Next it's going upstairs and setup will begin tonight.

IMG_4634 (resized).JPGIMG_4635 (resized).JPGIMG_4636 (resized).JPGIMG_4640 (resized).JPG

#7918 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Hell yeah! Happy for you that it finally arrived! Welcome to the park

I'm excited for all sorts of reasons. Silly, but one of the big ones is that this is my first game that actually has a manual plunger and a spinner in it.

#7924 1 year ago

Just noticed this latest batch of Premiums shipped with green spring. I guess us newbies will see how it goes, and hopefully there won't be a run on orange ones.

#7927 1 year ago

Needed some plastic washers to protect the metal washers from scratching the finish on the legs before I installed them, so here is what I came up with. The plastic washer perfectly cups the standard metal washer, and only adds 2mm to the thickness and overall diameter of the original washer. I'm using Galaxy black filament (one of my favorites) which resembles the finish on the legs.

Printing the other 7 now, so I'll see how they work and look when installed soon.

FYI, I'm happy to share the STL on this one for free if you would like to print your own.

IMG_4644.JPGIMG_4645.JPGIMG_4646.JPG

IMG_4648 (resized).JPG
#7931 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Good idea, but readily available in lots of nice colors Definitely a must have on powder coated legs. I cringe every time I see powdered legs with bolts making direct contact.
[quoted image]

I know there are similar things out there (I’ve used them on other games of mine), but I needed something today, and I’m happy to share my STL file for others who like to DIY things.

#7952 1 year ago

I needed to do some decals for customers today, so thought I would also work on my own version of the ramp decal with Pteranodon tracks. Took several shape adjustments, but I think the final product came out quite nice. I printed on adhesive vinyl, overlaid with a clear gloss vinyl, then cutout shape using my craft cutter.

IMG_4647.JPG

#7953 1 year ago

For those of you who have replaced all of the rings/rubbers, at first glance it looks like a fairly daunting task. I've already bought my Titan's, so it's definitely going to happen. However, I was wondering from those with experience what challenges to look for, and maybe areas that are a bit tricky along with any disassembly tips.

#7962 1 year ago

Awesome! I just place my order - thank you!

#7976 1 year ago

So, I'm installing my rings and I ordered 8 7/16" OD based upon the manual (#6). However, the game is missing the one shown on the schematic that goes to the left of the raptor pit. Is this for Pro only? I have the Premium/LE manual (I own a Premium) so maybe an oversight on Stern's part?

#7988 1 year ago

Cliffy install complete.

IMG_4673 (resized).JPGIMG_4674 (resized).JPGIMG_4675 (resized).JPG
#7989 1 year ago

Plastic protectors and Titan install complete. If you like my ring selection, you can order it here (scroll down to Chris Z. entry): https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5738

All orange in the sling/flipper/return area, orange in the pops area, green for upper flipper and post, and yellow everywhere else.

IMG_4664 (resized).JPGIMG_4665 (resized).JPG
IMG_4667 (resized).JPGIMG_4668 (resized).JPGIMG_4669 (resized).JPGIMG_4670 (resized).JPGIMG_4671 (resized).JPG

#7990 1 year ago

Just played my inaugural game after installing Cliffy protectors and Titan rings. This is my first Stern, and there's just something about the look and feel of it that is different from the other brands, and I really like it. I already had the ball get stuck on the upper gate, so I'll need to make that adjustment. Hit the smart missile on my first opportunity ever, and that was fun. Also, it is going to take some time for me to het use to hitting the ball off the helix. I just kept starring at it go by my flipper before I remembered to try to hit it.

Now off to do Christmas lights, and maybe I'll get a few games in tonight before I resume with the mod installation.

#7994 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yep common problem. You don't need to remove the one way gate, just raise the left hand side marginally up (the circled end of the bracket should be just above the top of the ball guide). There is no need to loosen where the bracket attaches on the right side, as there is enough flex in the bracket to lift it the 1-2mms you need.[quoted image]

Thanks, saves me from having to search back through the thread.

FYI, I ended up having to bend the top of mine inward in addition to adjusting the height. After a couple of tweaks and testing everything is perfect up there now.

#8002 1 year ago

Next mods are done: upgraded speakers throughout and speaker lights.

IMG_4680 (resized).JPGIMG_4684 (resized).JPG

IMG_4681 (resized).JPGIMG_4682 (resized).JPG
#8006 1 year ago

I know it's been addressed a few times already, but I wanted to bring it up again. The pins are still coming with the green plunger spring. I've only got a few games under my belt, but I'd say that I make the loop about 75% of the time. Shouldn't this be an every time if the shooter rod is pulled all the way back before release?

Anyway, I wanted to see what the overall change/success rate is for those of you who have changed to an orange plunger spring? Very frustrating if I have to buy an orange one when that is what is specified in the manual.

#8008 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

100% on my game with the orange spring.
If you get 100% with your auto-plunger but only 75% on the manual plunger - check that the manual plunger is striking the ball in the centre, if so then I'd suggest replacing your spring with an orange one

Auto plunger is money every time. Alignment looks perfect to me, so I think that the orange spring is in my future. Would be nice to have it when my amber shooter rod arrives, so I'm only taking it apart once. BTW, never pulled apart a shooter rod, but I assume it is fairly simple?

#8011 1 year ago

Time to shake some booty!

IMG_4686 (resized).JPGgiphy.gif

#8012 1 year ago

I thought he was saying "Get to the topper!" Oh well, at least I got it installed, and it looks great!

IMG_4688.JPGgiphy (1).gif

#8015 1 year ago

Decided to create a magnetic decal that fits over the bill taker slot.

If anyone is interested in purchasing one, please PM me. I'll sell them for $12 including US Postage ($14 international). The one I decided to go with on my game (premium) features the dino from the premium backglass. I'm happy to use different graphics if anyone would like something different.

The images are printed on photo paper with a photo printer, a clear gloss vinyl is applied on top, decal is then adhered to a magnet sheet, cut to size, corners rounded, and all edges colored black to hide the white edge of the paper.

IMG_4690.JPGIMG_4691.JPG

#8016 1 year ago

I'll eventually get around to designing some coin reject inserts (I hate the 25 cent ones), and was wondering if anyone has done any already? I designed several for DE JP which is a different shape, but probably will go with similar designs (JP logo, dinosaurs, etc.) The

#8022 1 year ago
Quoted from Huggers:

I have a slight jeep mech issue. It's become slightly less fluid in its movement and when the jeep swings gently to the left side there can at times be no contact between the jeep ball and the Newton ball meaning hits don't register and the jeep can't be turned. If the ball goes in the pops or the Newton ball is hit a few times it goes into place and registers hits again. Any advice on how to fix? I don't even know how to take the mech apart...

Wondering if you are have an issue with your bearing ring between the two washers on topside of playfield? Also, if you’ve adjusted the set screw on the underside recently, maybe the collar is too close to the bushing. You could loosen the set screw and slide the collar down a mm or less and retighten screw.

I'm a JP newbie, but just went through this yesterday when installing new rings on the mech. At first I didn't realize it but the bearing washer fell down into the cabinet when I took it apart. Put it all back together and the rotation wouldn't actually make it all the way around. Found the washer, buts still had a little issue when I realized the collar was on too tight. Just a slight adjustment, and now it rotates quite freely.

#8034 1 year ago
Quoted from 2manyhobbies:

Love the lights. Wish they had a kit like this for the smaller standard speakers.

Thanks. They do all kinds of fancy stuff, but quite honestly I like them set to white along with the yellow surrounds I bought with them (matches the yellow stroke around the JP logo). The white cones of the Kenwood speakers are perfect for this use (probably why Stern chose them for their LE models).

#8039 1 year ago

PBL BrightButtons are installed. These are not really yellow (photo doesn't do the real color justice), but an amber color which is an exact match to the color of the pop caps.

https://www.pinballlife.com/britebuttons-illuminated-flipper-button-set-for-jjp-wizard-of-oz-and-hobbit-pinball-machines.html

IMG_4695 (resized).JPG

#8040 1 year ago

The clear dome lens by the control room was blinding. I've seen others replace it with green, but I went with yellow and like it much better. Still bright, but muted enough to keep you from seeing spots after looking at it.

IMG_4700 (resized).JPG

#8042 1 year ago

It's goat time!

IMG_4701 (resized).JPG
#8043 1 year ago

And you thought bird poop in the eye was bad.

IMG_4704 (resized).JPG
#8045 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

HAHA.....Lockbar accent from tilt ??

Not yet, trying to decide if I like anything in that spot or not. Is it just a decal or does it have some kind of dimension to it? The more I think about it, it's not my favorite. However, I'm coming up blank for an alternative design that I could create. Any ideas from anyone?

#8047 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm not sure why Stern went with the Kenwood 5.25" speakers in the LE games. Maybe it is because of their light colored speaker cones. Though....that just allows the light bleeding from the backboix to half assed shine through them and it makes the LE games look like something isn't working right on them as far as their non-existant speaker lighting goes. As it is....if I had and LE and didn't put a Speaker Light Kit in it....I would be looking for a way to block the backbox light from bleeding through the top part of the speaker cones.
...and as you have stated, there is no mandate that you have to have the light kits set to auto with the brightness turned up all the way. You can put them on white with the brightness turned down and at the very least....make them look as they should have from the factory instead of like something is not working right with them.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)[quoted image]

Everything the lights do is really cool, I just found the animations a little distracting for my taste (I tried the same with my flipper buttons, but in the end I went with solid lit at all times on those too). However, I absolutely love the product. Installation was straightforward and well document, the kit is well built and comes with everything you need, and the finished look speaks for itself. After you mentioned brightness adjustments, I messed around with my setup a little more. I landed on white as I had before, but 4 clicks down from max brightness.

#8049 1 year ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

They match the amber shooter rod pretty well too!

I was hoping so. I'll get to see in a few days when mine arrives.

#8051 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Here’s what I went with .[quoted image]

I considered that option, but the coloring just seems a little off to me. Ideally, this is where I was going to design my Barbasol can to be and use the light to illuminate the vials, but I don't know if there is enough room right there.

#8055 1 year ago

Where did you get that MOD?

That's the Papo Pteranodon from Amazon, and I formed the support myself using .032" music wire. You could just wrap the wire around the legs of the model (what I did in my DE JP), but this time I drilled a small hole about 1.5" through the body of the model, and superglued it in. Personally, I like the thin wire because it is fairly simple to work with and allows the model to have some movement to it when the area vibrates (which I like). You could use a thicker wire like a coat hanger but it would be more visible and would limit the movement/shake of the model.

#8056 1 year ago

One side have a missile blowing up in front of a dinosaur (maybe Trex) other side dart plugging into blue’s neck

That's seems like a lot of action for a small space, and not sure if I can pull it off or not. I did come up with an idea that is iconic to the original movie, but not sure how if might look. I'll try to work on it this week, and if I like how it turns out then I'll offer it for others to purchase.

#8058 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Don't forget cost of any tax, shipping, and/or delivery for nib. Instead of routed, look for a huo. It will look brand new and you will be able to inspect before buying. Cost savings will be significant.

Good points, but for me I was able to purchase from an out of state reputable authorized distributor (no sales tax and free shipping). I was going to purchase pre-owned (what I've done for my previous 3 pins), but after looking for several weeks the NIB purchase actually ended up being less expensive than any advertised JP Premiums with in driving distance (my limit is about 6-8 hours one way so I can do it in a single day - but of course then there is the cost of fuel).

I would exhaust both means before deciding new or pre-owned, then weighing all of the factors make my decision. With this pin, there will most likely be a wait until Jan-Feb for NIB given the ongoing demand verses picking it up now for HUO which may be a factor in your decision making.

#8063 1 year ago

Guess what I'm doing after work tonight! Beautiful amber, great detailed insect, and orange plunger spring - pure awesomeness!

IMG_4709 (resized).JPGIMG_4710 (resized).JPG
#8068 1 year ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

It seems to occur when set to Free Play, too! Is a bit obnoxious, but oh well

I just referenced the manual. Take a look at Standard Adjustments / SPI / #19 (Match Percentage). Try setting this to 0 (if an option) to see what happens.

For fun, you could set it to 100% (not sure if that is even an option).

#8069 1 year ago

Just added my Stern JP 3D printed flipper toppers to the market place: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/105741

These are a remake of the ones I did for DE JP a few years ago that were fairly popular. Please PM me if interested.

#8072 1 year ago

Amber is a thing of beauty, I tell ya.

IMG_4716.JPGamber.gif
#8079 1 year ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Is that supposed to be a mosquito or a dragon fly! Lol

Suspend your disbelief - insects were bigger back then.

#8080 1 year ago

By the way, the amber plunger came with the orange spring on it, and now my manual plunges make the loop 100% of the time thus far. This feels like how the original plunger should have been. Also, it was a little bit of a bear to install. The main issue is one screw that is really close to the cabinet but takes all kinds of torque to remove from the old and to screw down with the new. You need a longer large phillips head, but even then you may tear up your hand with some little metal bracket that is mounted just in the wrong spot on the inside of the cabinet. I ended up removing the bracket, then having to push on the screwdriver as hard as I could to get it to bite I was able to turn it about 1/8th of a revolution each time. My forearm is sore, but I was determined and really like the results.

#8082 1 year ago

I just finished my Jeep conversion, and thought I would share. I know there are others who have shown how to do it, but I thought I would walk everyone through my process which was quite simple and yielded perfect results.

With that stated, here we go...

First of all, you need the Jada 1/43 scale Jeep. You can typically find these on Ebay, but may have to come from China depending upon current auctions. Even thought the body is wider, the Jeep has pretty much an identical footprint of the OEM one. Also, you will want to hot glue the doors shut or use some other method to secure them. I opened the door, lined the jam with hot glue, then held it closed for several seconds while the glue firmed.
IMG_4742 (resized).JPG