(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,328 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1508 4 years ago

already posted by Peanuts, here's again this JP LE n° 20

nice WE at the Internaute bar (https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=internaute%20caf%C3%A9%20v3.9&epa=SEARCH_BOX)
pin was gently place there for the WE by High Voltage Pinball (https://www.facebook.com/HighVoltagePinball/)

and very nice day for me, as i won the tournament, beating Franck Bona on the day, Steven is 3rd, my son 4th
tanx for all guys

IMG_20190915_182232 (resized).jpgIMG_20190915_182232 (resized).jpg

#1510 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It’s Hoegaarden time!

well, could be of course... but while playing in tournament, i'm not drinking much... (in fact i never drink much), doesn't want to be under multiball when there's only 1 ball !!! lol

1 month later
#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

[quoted image]

ok... let's admit... you've found the sneak in / secret lock for the TRU(N)CK MULTIBALL (which is indeed still not coded)

3 weeks later
#2705 4 years ago

where is the DP !? ...

2 weeks later
#3008 4 years ago

just found a JP PRO in a bar not far from our house... we than spend few houres on it
only bad point is code being on 0.86 (and also TILT is quite sensitive)

my son & i we didnt let him any chance lol

3 weeks later
#3367 4 years ago

in the talks TREX (PREM/LE) or not TREX (PRO), i'm more concerned about the raptor cage, thinking THIS make the real difference... if you have played/tried the 2 versions, you know why already

now, again, the PRO is a really good/fun machine too, no doubt about that

#3433 4 years ago

(not sure as not having the game home) because they are the 2 big boss and more dangerous on the map, and when you'll get these 2 you'll play a special versus mode

1 month later
#3820 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

... the hard way is even better

David, wanna make an easy joke here... but better not to...

#3845 4 years ago

Does Keith and/or Nick are on PINSIDE (and reading this topic) ?
if yes, could you PM me please

i've found an easy pattern (for points, already tested more than few times, works)
of course you may know it already, but dont want to post this in public
tanx

#3847 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I think sk8ball is Keith based on his comments in this thread, but I could be wrong.

good point, now i remember his/this pseudo...
PM send

#3851 4 years ago

no sorry guys (even more now as Keith got my PM, and replied already)

#3854 4 years ago

cool guys
enjoy your JP & no worry (there's absolute no drama here)
back to topic talks now, tanx all

1 month later
#4312 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

...They'll send you a clear touch up kit.

thats a (bad) joke right !?

i still wanna get a JP, but...

#4315 4 years ago

oh dear...

but i have a bad memory, as in fact, i had clearcoat small probs on my NIB MET, with a same very small part where the coat was gone (was as it when just out of the box), in the shooterlane

and yes, now i remember, distro did propose me a similar repair kit... didnt took it, let it as it, never go badder, never was a prob

but than MET !!! it was 2013, sure we can found back talks about that here on PINSIDE, i was not the only one

1 week later
#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have a question, i changed the balls from day one, since the stern ones are not high gloss.
Now i read that on pins where magnets are used, i should use low magnetic balls. I didn't notice any problems so far.
Should i swap them?

"I didn't notice any problems so far"

than all is OK...
on my DI, i saw the magnet effect when sometimes balls were "glued" together in the drain rack...

1 month later
#4917 3 years ago

hot !

2 weeks later
#5045 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

So I’m new to owning pinball tables and was wondering if you guys think there will be many more code updates for JP? Now that the “final” Wizard mode has been added, will it just be bug fixes from here on out? I have 1.01 installed and there are minor bugs to fix but it would be cool if Stern would great some mini-game modes like Escape Nublar but with challenges like spell chaos as many times as possible in 3 min. What do you guys think?

i think you're asking a lot
JP is already good as it, and we never know what Keith (one of the best player in the world) could propose after...
but for sure, dont worry about code on this pin (same story goes to pins coded by Lyman)

1 week later
#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
Does someone have installed powerbladez?
I got an issue to install it as I do not have this female molex to plug on. I think I need to connect directly to power supply box, wires white and black. Do you know how to remove plastic protector to get access to the screws?
Thanks
[quoted image]

je pige pas ta question ? tu veux ouvrir quoi l'alim ? si oui, de mémoire sur mon GB, tu dois démonter/sortir l'alim de la plaque arrière, et ensuite y'a 4 petites visses autour, mais sans certitude...

#5228 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

$625 DLC. Does the new code come with video of Gary laughing at you?

no

but Gary is IN the topper, and sometimes he pop up at the T-REX place... and than i suppose he's laughing (each time a coin fall in the coin door)

#5324 3 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

Joined the club!

great duo pins !

1 week later
#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

... Apparently making some home made tents out of the box and sleeping in them over night. My kids have always

as lots of kids ! stuning, as the box is better than the pin !!!

1 week later
#5631 3 years ago

i'm still stuned to see people wasting more time modding their pins than playing them... !?

this said friendly of course
and OK, its also part of this hobby...

#5653 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

That would be great! Co-op should be on all games.
Do any pinball machines have something similar to an arcade game "continue" button where you can start your next game at the spot you progressed to in the game that just ended? Maybe with a 10-second window to push the button to continue? My STTNG has a "To Be Continued" button that I think is supposed to work like that but I haven't figured out how it's supposed to work. Seems like having a co-op and/or continue function on a game would be great to give a player like me a chance to make it through and see everything in the game.

you have the "buy extra ball" on some...

edit : oups sry, was 1 page late not uptodate

3 weeks later
#5958 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Should go to the left flipper, hitting the raptor pit and having the ball feed to the flipper via the control room is maybe the most satisfying shot in the game (sorry prem/le owners)

well, in my case that's just why the PRO is NOT the way to go... i call this an exploit :/

i quickly found that easy trick (i'm a player) when pin was just out/available : easy control on left flipper, backhand in the raptor pit, ball exit from the control room, and than same pattern over & over until raptor multiball... repeat

i did that at the "Belgian Open" qualification round, at that time scoring something in the 600 or 700M, from memory giving me the 2nd spot in the day (it was with early code)
i told Keith about that, he knews it, as i was not the only one...

that's why i really want a PREM, the moving gate is the physical key to avoid this (until a software tweak is set to avoid this)

#5973 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yep and he said it was a badly set-up game. Perhaps the funnel had been bashed open a bit more, making for easier shots?

well, i've played 3 differents JP, and could do it on all 3...
and surelly they were setup "from factory"

a easy small tweak code seems more than welcome here

#6009 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

...NIB August of 2019 Build...

and than you have a "bad" clearcoat PF... :/
be prepare for more talks (the PF probs topic) when PINSIDE will wake up

anyway, enjoy your pin of course

#6065 3 years ago
Quoted from STxPinball:

Hello everyone,
I played pinball quite a bit in my youth and haven't really played since then. So move the clock forward about 45-50 years and here I am ready to purchase my first pinball machine. I originally was focused on buying JJP's Dialed In but then started looking at POTC but couldn't figure on paying extra just to get my hands on the game. So I kept searching as my desire to buy DI faded a little and I bumped into Jurassic Park. I started checking out videos and reviews and decided that I was going for a JP Premium, (because I couldn't find a NIB LE version anywhere). So, I placed my order today and am on schedule to get it when the August run from Stearn arrives at my dealer. I am excited and can't wait to get back into form and sure play a mean pinball. I hope to catch a heck of a lot of dinosaurs for years to come.

JP is a top choice of course
but going for DI was very good too...

have fun

#6071 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

shooter lane chipping after 200 games is also a no go

my MET shooterlane (and than the drain hole) was chiping after 1 hour and even not 20 games... :/

1 week later
#6180 3 years ago

from the view as it, the right seems a little bit to low...

2 weeks later
#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Extremely thin clear. Chipping in shooter lane after very little use. Ghosting on inserts. A few dents on the playfield that look like something was dropped on it. Pooling under guide rails. One part had this little gouge out of the box where the clear was turned up. Like it had been nicked by a screwdriver or something.
I know multiballmaniac1 reported similar issues with his June 5 build as well.

holy sh*t ! hope you're joking !? but quite sure you're not

1 week later
#6738 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

yoyokopter is best to comment on how it works or send him a PM

internet friend of mine... surelly not lot of free time... will point him to came by and explain more...

3 weeks later
#7206 3 years ago
Quoted from RobW:

I found a cool spot for a spare ball!
[quoted image]

nice, right in the theme !
even if a bloody finger could also do the trick

#7303 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

My jeep is sticking.

time to swap tires ?

3 weeks later
#7744 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

I used generic palm trees from EBay that were for model train scenery. Here is my machine with the caution tape on the playfield frame and on the coin door. The dinosaurs were from Hobby Lobby and EBay.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

lower flippers doesnt seems well aligned... until you did it on purpose (your taste) of course

1 month later
#8485 3 years ago

dont worry for the PF, its only double face tape behind the decal...

than use dental floss to remove it

1 week later
#8609 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oh man, I just hit my first ever Super Skill Shot. It's really fun and rewarding hitting the 3 ramps in a row off ball launch!
Now I have to go after a double and triple super skill shot (like I'll ever achieve that).

than now go for the 4th shoot !

#8693 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Nice - are there any threads on Scotty's Harry Potter or Stranger Things?

got for VISUAL PINBALL JUNKIES FB page...

1 week later
#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

All, what do you do about a C shot (left most shot left of the raptor) that DRAINS 90% of the time... Game is set to 6.5. Its level, perhaps not perfectly level is the only thing I can think of. Any of you have this challenge and how did you resolve?

you have to found the perfect set-up, ball MUST came along the slingshot and finish on left flipper...

Quoted from Manny65:

... Personally I really like the raptor gate...

... and that why i really prefer the PREM/LE, because of the raptor gate making a left backhand shot impossible to do again & again & again... on the PRO !

5 months later
#10706 2 years ago

of course it would be pity to have to desactivate the t-rex in case of prob, but i still think that the main point (for the gameplay) of PREM/LE over the PRO is the gate at the raptor cage...

2 months later
#11463 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

What's the consensus on buying the premium over the pro?

the raptor cage is the real +

4 months later
#12839 2 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

...Your latest nudging video is great, you confirmed what I said a couple of pages back that sliding the pinball is "cheating a bit"...

no way ! and i see absolutly no cheat in the video (the first few seconds), this is simply easy skill while just playing pinball... again, the tilt bob is the only judge

not sure who is ABE (his real name i mean), and surelly he must also be a tournament player, than i didnt understand him here

#12846 2 years ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Amateur's question...in a competition ...if you slide the machine...is that ok...

of course it is !
that's right what Rat didnt seem to understand (friendly said of course)
the tilt bolb is there for a good reason, and than in a tournament with "good" players, it has to be set sensitive

3 months later
#13606 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Incline is purely due to taste. I don’t even measure mine. I just put the back legs mostly out and front legs all the way in.

i'm in the hardcore setting club

3 weeks later
#13885 1 year ago
Quoted from schwism:

Joined the club today. Now I need to go through 13,000 posts, familiarize myself with the manual and get my arms around the rule set. Not to mention figuring out what mods are available.
[quoted image][quoted image]

for now forget the rule set, play it on the wild, and discover how "it works" by yourself, that's the best part & fun period while discovering a pin

2 weeks later
#14066 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Out of curiosity, is JP considered a hard game to play? Being new to the hobby and not very skilled at this I seem to have a hell of a time hitting any shots. I had a chance to play a 2006 Stern Pirates of the Caribbean at the movie theater yesterday and found it seemed much easier to play. Would an easier game been better for a starter game? Or perhaps I just suck at this.

well, JP is quite a hard game, but about your ask, this is not from where you have to see it :

the fact is more : do you have fun with it anyway ? or his difficulty makes you frustrated every time you play it ?
if you go for the second answer, than may be its better for you to go for something else, in recent STERN (to easy swap with your JP) i would say as an easy pin DEADPOOL, or even more easy MUNSTERS

2 weeks later
#14218 1 year ago
Quoted from RobW:

I changed the post's and rubbers, at both out-lanes up to the next size. It helped, but still a bitch.
[quoted image]

i admit, i did that too... on my TWD

1 week later
#14417 1 year ago

and than you are Back From ?

4 weeks later
#14742 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I also have replay/matching turned off since it's on freeplay and it doesn't make much sense lol.

but but but !? this sound IS the sound when playing a pinball machine !

even in freeplay i enjoy this like nothing else
and than the "triple clack" is even better, my son can hear it from other rooms in the house, and than he knows i've beaten the hiscore (lol)

7 months later
#16224 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Had the most epic game practicing deathsaves..
3 ball, factory settings and mode timers.

but you know its an illegal move ?

#16231 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

that's ok, i'll never play in a tournament. game is still set to 2 tilt warnings!

yep, was joking, its your pin, your home...

1 month later
#16349 12 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

injecting some non flipper action here..
3 deathsaves on ball one...
my tilt is set low - the top of the bob still touches the ring

low ???

1 month later
#17024 10 months ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I would leave off the dino cover and give new meaning to T-Rex. Aka Terminator Rex.

well, to be honest, it reminds me MONDWEST (the old movie)...

1 month later
#18076 8 months ago

(for those not having the game & playing it in tournament) can someone list the actual smart missile awards/in order please ?

tanx

#18351 8 months ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Done.
It's a Pinside Original Premium LE 30th Anniversary Signature topic only
[quoted image]

10K by Xmas... !!!

1 week later
#18673 7 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Just Karl doing Karl things, all Dino’s, DNAs Fossils and When Dinosaurs Rules the Earth for good Measure.

top player & entertaining to watch, always a pleasure to see & learn with him (as few other guys of course)

4 months later
#20570 3 months ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Wasnt looking for one but stumbled over 1 when visiting a friendly pinballshop yesterday and they made me an offer I couldnt refuse. ...

hi Rens, nice catch than
goei dag

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ripleyyy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=ripleyyy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.