(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,294 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 minutes ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,294 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 426.
#16851 10 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Maybe just remove the post altogether.
The guy who just listed this JP for sale mentions how he pulled that post and installed some type of plug. I just PM'd him to ask what that's called. I want to do the same thing to my premium.
Here's his listing which has a close up photo without the post: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/158264

Although each JP owner can do anything they want to their own machine, I think removing that post is a BAD idea. The post itself is designed to connect/contact with the ball coming off the flipper (the ball should not simply roll off the end), and it also prevents any high speed ball from smashing into the tip of third flipper when driven from the left flipper. I would put that post back if yours is missing, but again, that's just me. Anyone can do anything in the world of pinball!

(It's possible the 'plug' is simply a quick fix for a previous owner than broke the original post and didn't want to wait for new parts to put the machine back in operation)

#16852 10 months ago

Optos fixed mine
Yay
I have a working game now.
Still have 1 set of playfield holders available, black only PM me.

#16853 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Optos fixed mine
Yay
I have a working game now.
Still have 5 sets of playfield holders available, orange or black. PM me.

Glad you're up and running. My backbox clicking at boot is back even with new PDB. Will see what Stern says .

#16854 10 months ago

Mine is clicking more. 5 to 7 times every time now.

Quoted from AMartin56:Glad you're up and running. My backbox clicking at boot is back even with new PDB. Will see what Stern says .

#16855 10 months ago

Our Premium arrived today. Added the shaker motor while I had the PF up to check all the connectors before power up.

Really special to have the 30th Anniversary decal on the backglass for this year's run.

Easter egg in the photo below for anyone on 1.08 code

20230602_230811 (resized).jpg20230602_230811 (resized).jpg

#16856 10 months ago

On that 30th note - its jurassic June!

#16857 10 months ago

Is anyone else getting an occasional stuck ball against the post in the center of this picture? It's near the entrance to the pops at the upper center of the playfield.

My post isn't in the center of the natural wood 'dot' on the playfield and this might be causing the issue. For now I've replaced the rubber ring there since Stern's seemed a little plump.

PXL_20230603_125101998 (resized).jpgPXL_20230603_125101998 (resized).jpg
#16858 10 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Is the dinosaur ball lock finicky like the Stranger Things TK lock? Sometimes it grabs the ball, other times it doesn’t.

Yeah, I've noticed it can fail occasionally. Usually it's a weak shot that seems to break the opto, but not get far enough to be grabbed by the magnet. It also looks like occasionally when it's in the "down" position it'll be a little off center, but that's something that can probably be adjusted. Mine gets probably 95% of the shots it should though, so I'm not too worried about it.

The one shot that does seem like it needs a little tweaking is the helipad though. I played another JP this week, and that was much smoother than mine. Incline might be a turn or two too steep-may have to experiment a little more with it.

#16859 10 months ago

I just found out my wife has never seen the original (or any) JP. She's quite a bit younger than me, but FML still....she loves the game, will see how well she likes the movie here soon. LOL Hard to imagine getting all the way into the game if you have no idea about the "world" or any of the concept. Dammit.

#16860 10 months ago

Hello, this has probably been covered hundred time but my t-Rex doesn’t go left right anymore ( up right and mouth are fine so the game is playable ) and if I test it on the menu the game just freezes. Probably something went broken/unplugged? ( notice the game is somewhat more easy as the T. rex on that center position always drop the ball on the rail,)

#16861 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I just found out my wife has never seen the original (or any) JP. She's quite a bit younger than me, but FML still....she loves the game, will see how well she likes the movie here soon. LOL Hard to imagine getting all the way into the game if you have no idea about the "world" or any of the concept. Dammit.

Just don't watch the second one under ANY circumstances. Trust me.

#16862 10 months ago
Quoted from etien:

Hello, this has probably been covered hundred time but my t-Rex doesn’t go left right anymore ( up right and mouth are fine so the game is playable ) and if I test it on the menu the game just freezes. Probably something went broken/unplugged? ( notice the game is somewhat more easy as the T. rex on that center position always drop the ball on the rail,)

Do you have the 48v coin door switch pulled out? It will freeze if you don't have that pulled when you try to test

#16863 10 months ago

If any new owners are looking for the stern armor set I have a spare set. Prefer local sale over shipping. Pm me thanks!

#16864 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Do you have the 48v coin door switch pulled out? It will freeze if you don't have that pulled when you try to test

Hmm, sort of not to familiar with stern pinballs, where can I find this switch?

#16865 10 months ago

White switch on left inside door. Same one that gets depressed when you close the door, if you pull it out it does the same thing but you don't have to hold it.

Quoted from etien:

Hmm, sort of not to familiar with stern pinballs, where can I find this switch?

#16866 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Just don't watch the second one under ANY circumstances. Trust me.

Lost World > Jurassic World

#16867 10 months ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Lost World > Jurassic World

Agreed. Which is why Jurassic World is horrible.

#16869 10 months ago

Almost bought these today to turn into a topper

PXL_20230604_163434995 (resized).jpgPXL_20230604_163434995 (resized).jpgPXL_20230604_163441055 (resized).jpgPXL_20230604_163441055 (resized).jpg
#16870 10 months ago

Hi, y'all,
New member here - picked up my NIB JP Prem. a few days ago - discovered a problem already:
The ball got stuck approx. 12" in front of and about 4" to the left of T-Rex, beneath the tail of a small dinosaur figure (sorry-no pics). I couldn't shake it loose and had to remove the glass as well as unscrew a clear pf plastic to unstuck it. I can't figure out how the ball ever got there. It happened during T-Rex multiball - I think when T-Rex spit the ball out of his mouth. I'm wondering 1) is this is a common problem, and 2) is there any generally agreed upon fix for this?
Thanks in advance for any help.

#16871 10 months ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

Hi, y'all,
New member here - picked up my NIB JP Prem. a few days ago - discovered a problem already:
The ball got stuck approx. 12" in front of and about 4" to the left of T-Rex, beneath the tail of a small dinosaur figure (sorry-no pics). I couldn't shake it loose and had to remove the glass as well as unscrew a clear pf plastic to unstuck it. I can't figure out how the ball ever got there. It happened during T-Rex multiball - I think when T-Rex spit the ball out of his mouth. I'm wondering 1) is this is a common problem, and 2) is there any generally agreed upon fix for this?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Yep that's a common stuck ball area under the raptor's tail, although I don't think it happens very often. It can happen when a ball takes a bounce into the air and lands perfectly into the gap between the decorative plastic and the clear plastic protector above it.

In several years it's only happened a handful of times on mine. You can try using something to try to block the area a bit. I'm sure I recall people posting a few different ideas about it over the years. I haven't done anything on mine since it is usually so infrequent.

#16872 10 months ago

Building my DIY GZ Topper was fun so I'm going to try to do something similar for JP.

First stage mock up:

PXL_20230604_174609574 (resized).jpgPXL_20230604_174609574 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230605-141456 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230605-141456 (resized).png
#16873 10 months ago

Loo

Quoted from AMartin56:

Building my DIY GZ Topper was fun so I'm going to try to do something similar for JP.
First stage mock up:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good so far! The JP light sign going between?

#16874 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Loo

Looking good so far! The JP light sign going between?

I think so yes. Or behind.

#16875 10 months ago

Got my warranty optos from Stern today. Stock for later.

#16876 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

I think so yes. Or behind.

REX with the ball you did is really cool.

We're loving the movie code. The only downside I see is not having home team but scanning a QR code once for the session doesn't take much time at all. Probably make a tag with the QR for the Keychain

#16877 10 months ago

I got the paddock where you got 2 Dino’s to catch at the same time. The shot flow, goals and tension makes for an Absolutely amazing game.
Sorry just a quick vid of when I caught a break in the action.

Then in trying to figure out what I accomplished I found this:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Jurassic-Perks.pdf

Hope that helps ruleset newbs to this game. I had no idea the scoring potentials here..

#16878 10 months ago

Most shots up the center seem to rattle and lose momentum at the end of the ball guide here and fall down into the bumpers. Is opening up the gap at the end between the two ball guides the fix for this?

We've not had a single ball rip through there. Kills the flow to the right upper flipper
20230606_081628 (resized).jpg20230606_081628 (resized).jpg20230606_081632 (resized).jpg20230606_081632 (resized).jpg

#16879 10 months ago

On Godzilla people adjust the guide to the left of the rmagnet all the time by pushing in closer to the magnet.

From your photo Id try to loosen the guide mount below and to the left of the spinner and hold it outward (to the left) when tightening it.

#16880 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

On Godzilla people adjust the guide to the left of the magnet all the time by pushing in closer to the magnet.
From your photo Id try to loosen the guide mount below and to the left of the spinner and hold it outward (to the left) when tightening it.

#16881 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

On Godzilla people adjust the guide to the left of the rmagnet all the time by pushing in closer to the magnet.

Thanks, will do. I figure it's too narrow and slowing the ball down.

#16882 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Thanks, will do. I figure it's too narrow and slowing the ball down.

See where mine is relative to the art..Sorry about the poor quality but I don't feel like messing with the glass at the moment.

Screenshot_20230606-112535 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230606-112535 (resized).png
#16883 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

See where mine is relative to the art..Sorry about the poor quality but I don't feel like messing with the glass at the moment.
[quoted image]

Oh ya, yours is much farther to the left. Thanks!

#16884 10 months ago

I heard Keith on a podcast talking about a ball save rule that was odd by default on JP but on by default on GZ. I think it lets you keep an earned ball save until you use it instead of it being on a timer. Anyone know which number that is so I can go flip it?

#16885 10 months ago

EaglePin,
Thanks for your comment on my stuck ball. I won't do anything to fix it yet (as you said it's pretty rare). For some stuck balls you just shake the cabinet a bit to release the stuck ball, and for others you do some sort of pf fix. For this one you must remove the glass as well as a pf plastic to get the ball unstuck. Since I don't really want to figure out a pf fix for this one, my son suggested that a quick temporary solution (like when you have guests playing the game) would be to slide the glass partially down and drop another ball onto the pf - the game doesn't know there's a stuck ball, so as long as the machine counts 6-balls in action, the game will continue normally, then later at your leisure you can get the stuck ball out.

#16886 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

[quoted image]

Could you also share a top down photo of your upper flipper? Glass on no problem. I'm curious if ours need a bit of adjustment

#16887 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Could you also share a top down photo of your upper flipper? Glass on no problem. I'm curious if ours need a bit of adjustment

Mine is probably slightly off.

PXL_20230607_184116308 (resized).jpgPXL_20230607_184116308 (resized).jpg
#16888 10 months ago

yeay! I'm officially a member of the "JP owners club" today.

IMG_2763 (resized).JPGIMG_2763 (resized).JPG
#16889 10 months ago

So I just received my JP premium last week and seems to be playing great. the only thing I have noticed is that when hitting the spinner it seems to hang up on the gate and only make it around to the upper flipper when hit perfectly. Is this normal ?

#16890 10 months ago
Quoted from Vaughn:

So I just received my JP premium last week and seems to be playing great. the only thing I have noticed is that when hitting the spinner it seems to hang up on the gate and only make it around to the upper flipper when hit perfectly. Is this normal ?

Look up a few posts. I'm dealing with the same issues and adjusting the guide appears to be the fix. I tried loosening the nut under the playfield and pulling the guide to the left while tightening. It made a minor improvement to that shot but the guide did not move much to the left. Not nearly as far as the other user's pictured. I may need to bend it a little bit

I think some may like that it slows the ball and drops it into the bumpers but I think it kills the flow and it was intended to shoot through and around to the upper flipper

#16891 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Mine is probably slightly off.
[quoted image]

It's up to you how you want it aligned. But ideally for this game on the lower flippers you want the tip of the flipper pointing at the alignment hole, but for the upper flipper the front face of the flipper bat should line up with the hole (not the face of the rubber, the face of the plastic bat). That will expose the post to the ball so balls rolling out of the orbit should bounce off the post and go toward the left flipper instead of SDTM.

Here's a post I found showing the alignment for the upper flipper:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/48#post-5292142

#16892 10 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Look up a few posts. I'm dealing with the same issues and adjusting the guide appears to be the fix. I tried loosening the nut under the playfield and pulling the guide to the left while tightening. It made a minor improvement to that shot but the guide did not move much to the left. Not nearly as far as the other user's pictured. I may need to bend it a little bit
I think some may like that it slows the ball and drops it into the bumpers but I think it kills the flow and it was intended to shoot through and around to the upper flipper

Copy that ! Thank you.

#16893 10 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It's up to you how you want it aligned. But ideally for this game on the lower flippers you want the tip of the flipper pointing at the alignment hole, but for the upper flipper the front face of the flipper bat should line up with the hole (not the face of the rubber, the face of the plastic bat). That will expose the post to the ball so balls rolling out of the orbit should bounce off the post and go toward the left flipper instead of SDTM.
Here's a post I found showing the alignment for the upper flipper:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/48#post-5292142

Here is my upper. Looks similar to that post you linked. AMartin56's looks like it is over to the left a bit so the ball won't deflect off the post

20230607_183022 (resized).jpg20230607_183022 (resized).jpg

#16894 10 months ago

Seems like your disty would be taking care of all this for you, sending someone out, etc. LOL

Quoted from Svenop:

#16895 10 months ago

Still a work in progress. Going to add a lit Jurassic Park logo sign behind them when it arrives.

PXL_20230608_034750395 (resized).jpgPXL_20230608_034750395 (resized).jpgPXL_20230608_034815617 (resized).jpgPXL_20230608_034815617 (resized).jpg
#16896 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Still a work in progress. Going to add a lit Jurassic Park logo sign behind them when it arrives.

That’s going to look great! I wonder if it would look cooler if the ball was in the back of the jeep with an LED under it. Like the TRex is chasing the jeep to catch the pinball.

#16897 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

very cool

#16898 10 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

That’s going to look great! I wonder if it would look cooler if the ball was in the back of the jeep with an LED under it. Like the TRex is chasing the jeep to catch the pinball.

I was thinking of putting two balls in the back of the Jeep but then I thought it would look strange with the front seats empty. So then I thought about putting pinballs in the front seats. But then I realized we shoot pinballs in the mouth of the T Rex to feed him. So if the pinballs are driving a jeep that means they are people and we are feeding the T Rex PEOPLE. So I left the jeep empty...

#16899 10 months ago

I have 4 more sets of playfield holders/lifts/jacks whatever you prefer, these are the last of the final run of prototypes, we made a few SMALL adjustments based on feedback from the folks who tried them (besides me and my guys) and now we are in production on the final product but these are VERY close and 100% workable in every way and I don't want to chuck them. $20 shipped to lower 48 states, PM me for zelle/venmo/paypal, I have 2 black and 2 orange. Thanks.
Edit: 1 black and 1 orange left now.

#16900 10 months ago

Off topic but I also have several pinball cup holders that are our own design as well, these are a little rougher, some scalloping on the sides as they were run quick working on another feature. These are our own drawing, similar to others, but different enough. They'll be sold a little cheaper than others probably as well, but in the meantime I have 4 black, 1 blue/yellow mix and one all blue...100% workable in every way, just not the polished finished product. Assume they'll cost $5 to ship, so call these $10 shipped to lower 48. We'll probably do $15ish shipped once they are ready for prime time.

EDIT 3 BLACK LEFT PLUS THE COLORS

Vague JP info to stay on topic: My Trex now catches the ball 99% of the time after the opto was replaced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

12,000 (OBO)
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12,999.99
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,294 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 426.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/338 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.