(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6018 (resized).jpeg
bustedleftswitch (resized).jpg
IMG_2925 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4852 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0824 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7061 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1616 (resized).jpeg
20240310_115612 (resized).jpg
20240310_115604 (resized).jpg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6217 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6216 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6215 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6214 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 21,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 423.
#1 4 years ago

To early for an owners club? I think not! Since there are plenty of us who have ordered and paid in full, let's get this party started. Proud owner of a Pro model here. Hoping to take delivery in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait! This game looks action packed and fun as hell

#2 4 years ago

Deposit on Premium paid. Very excited. Trading DP Pro in to get this...think i'll be okay with it!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Deposit on Premium paid. Very excited. Trading DP Pro in to get this...think i'll be okay with it!

I've played DP a few times in my local bar. I couldn't hear anything because of the noise, but it was fun. Congrats on the premium order!!

#4 4 years ago

My deposit is in.

#5 4 years ago

Deposited funds..... Now we wait! Ugh

#6 4 years ago

The wait always kills me. This is my first NIB purchase, but even waiting to pick up a used machine is torture. I always worry someone will change their mind on a deal

#7 4 years ago

Is this available to play at ReplayFX? I'm heading there tomorrow.

#8 4 years ago

I'm in on an LE but if not for a loved theme the Pro would have been fine for me. I wish they put more into the LE's to justify their cost to be honest. I already have invisiglass so just armor, art blades, and a shaker for a lot of money. Of course there's the real back glass which is awesome.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The wait always kills me. This is my first NIB purchase, but even waiting to pick up a used machine is torture. I always worry someone will change their mind on a deal

Like you, the waiting is tough. Yes! Used machines and the not knowing the end result is Grueling

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I'm in on an LE but if not for a loved theme the Pro would have been fine for me. I wish they put more into the LE's to justify their cost to be honest. I already have invisiglass so just armor, art blades, and a shaker for a lot of money. Of course there's the real back glass which is awesome.

Agreed 100%. The shaker motor is $95, art blades about $80, and I have a local powder coater that does amazing work and charges $200 to do legs, rails, lock down and apron. It's a super cool theme and movie series. So universally appealing. I have a 12 year old daughter in law that's as excited as me

#11 4 years ago

The very reason I ordered a premium and a shaker

#12 4 years ago

I'm not much on shakers but JP seems to be a great fit for one as long as it's integrated well. I was pretty much out of adding pins then I played MUNSTERS and absolutely had to have one (I bought one). Later the same arcade had an IMDN and that was great too. The same happened with DP. I has just about settled on adding IMDN and now this. JP looks great! Damn you Stern! - so many great choices.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The very reason I ordered a premium and a shaker

I ordered a shaker with my pro also! Lol. I have a feeling stern will be selling lots of shakers on this one.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm not much on shakers but JP seems to be a great fit for one as long as it's integrated well. I was pretty much out of adding pins then I played MUNSTERS and absolutely had to have one (I bought one). Later the same arcade had an IMDN and that was great too. The same happened with DP. I has just about settled on adding IMDN and now this. JP looks great! Damn you Stern! - so many great choices.

I agree, no better machine I can think of than jurassic park to add a shaker to! I mean its giant dinosaurs, right?!?!

#16 4 years ago

The shaker should be a part of this machine from the factory. The Data East JP came with the shaker already installed from factory.

#17 4 years ago

I have my pro on order can't wait for the game to arrive.

#18 4 years ago

Order for LE placed

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Order for LE placed

You spared no expense.

#20 4 years ago

Just a quick search at target.com
Maybe over the raptor pen on the pro to replace the crappy flat plastic one?

Screenshot_20190802-105617_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190802-105617_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#21 4 years ago

Or this

Screenshot_20190802-113533_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190802-113533_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

The shaker should be a part of this machine from the factory. The Data East JP came with the shaker already installed from factory.

Was that on the Data East LE or the Pro

#23 4 years ago

DE JP was a single model (like everything before 2011). There was no LE. It came stock with a shaker like most DE games from 1993/1994.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Was that on the Data East LE or the Pro

#24 4 years ago

Premium baby

#25 4 years ago

Seems like most folks are going for the Premies!! Sweet machine. I wish I could get the premium graphics at the Pro level price.

#26 4 years ago

I went LE on this one. I'm a sucker for the speaker light rings. I would've added everything anyway, at least I wont have to stare at the parts while waiting on my game to ship this time and do the "labor" (yes, I know, not that intensive).... *sigh* I just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

DE JP was a single model (like everything before 2011). There was no LE. It came stock with a shaker like most DE games from 1993/1994.

Pretty sure I was JOKING lol. I was making the point that the market and options strategy has changed so comparing it to what was standard on a DE is useless.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I went LE on this one. I'm a sucker for the speaker light rings. I would've added everything anyway, at least I wont have to stare at the parts while waiting on my game to ship this time and do the "labor" (yes, I know, not that intensive).... *sigh* I just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end.

Nice!! I like the green armor. I'll probably have mine powder coated to look like the LE

#29 4 years ago

Just put a deposit down for a pro. Going to expand this time rather than replace.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I went LE on this one. I'm a sucker for the speaker light rings.

The LE's speaker surround rings are not lit from the factory on this game, but I say...light em' if ya got em'.

Here is a video of my soon to be released "Deluxe SPIKE 2 5.25" Speaker Light Kits" from http://www.SpeakerLightKits.com This light kit is only for SPIKE 2 users with the larger 5.25" speakers that many LE games have. I should have these light kits available soon as well as custom color speaker surrounds and 5.25" speaker plates that will allow Pro and Premium owners to upgrade their speakers (with light kits) for a more affordable price than it currently costs.

This video shows the same Kenwood speakers that JP LE has as well as yellow speaker surrounds. I have no hands on experience with the JP LE factory surround, but I suspect it is an opaque yellow just like the example in the video (UPDATE: I was told the factory included surround is actually a brass color...which I suspect is the same one that was in Munsters LE and would NOT allow the light to shine through the surround ring).

The good thing about the yellow surround is the light color seems to change it quite easily. As you can see, if the light behind it is red the surround appears red, the same for yellow and green.....blue and some other colors...not so much. In any case, it is much more exciting than a surround that does not allow any light to shine through it at all...I'm talking about you Munsters surrounds.

In any case, I will have many different color surrounds available and the light kits also look great without any speaker surround at all and I honestly prefer that to using a surround that doesn't allow light to shine through it.

As stated, these 5.25" light kits will be available soon and have the same DELUXE features that my, currently available, Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits have. Individually addressable LEDs, RF RGB controller with 358 different colors / color transitions and it's own power supply so it is not using power from the game's boards. It's the same great Deluxe Speaker Light Kit.....in a smaller and rounder shape.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com.....home of the original pinball Speaker Light Kit)

#31 4 years ago

FYI the speaker rings are brass

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

On Jurassic Park LE? Now that you mention it....they do look like the Munster surrounds....LAME! I thought it was weird that they had yellow instead of green. If it is the same brass / dull gold surround that The Munsters used....I think it can only be explained as them wanting to get rid of leftover parts as that color doesn't match with anything on JP that I can see. I thought at least yellow matched the logo border, but really thought that green would have been the more obvious choice.

Good news is....I will have yellow or green surrounds available.....or you could keep the factory surrounds (with no light shining thorough them)....or just ditch the surrounds with the light kits as that looks great too.

Thanks for the info.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

JP LE (resized).jpgJP LE (resized).jpg
#33 4 years ago

Brass looks amazing to me!

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Please tell me the shaker will be used in conjunction with this:

BFDF1618-9A10-410E-8495-3793CFD44092.gifBFDF1618-9A10-410E-8495-3793CFD44092.gif
#35 4 years ago

Deposit in on a Premium. LFG.

Looking forward to laughing at pics of the Toys R Us conversions being lined up by some of you out there

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Looking forward to laughing at pics of the Toys R Us conversions being lined up by some of you out there

Heeyyyy now......lol. Easy there...

#37 4 years ago

Those were just very quick Google searches. I bet I can find one almost exactly like the one in the Premium. Sure, it wont lunge forward, but whatevs. The flat plastic one on the pro looks pretty cheap. So us poor bastards gotta improvise

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The LE's speaker surround rings are not lit from the factory on this game, but I say...light em' if ya got em'.
Here is a video of my soon to be released "Deluxe SPIKE 2 5.25" Speaker Light Kits" from http://www.SpeakerLightKits.com This light kit is only for SPIKE 2 users with the larger 5.25" speakers that many LE games have. I should have these light kits available soon as well as custom color speaker surrounds and 5.25" speaker plates that will allow Pro and Premium owners to upgrade their speakers (with light kits) for a more affordable price than it currently costs.
This video shows the same Kenwood speakers that JP LE has as well as yellow speaker surrounds. I have no hands on experience with the JP LE factory surround, but I suspect it is an opaque yellow just like the example in the video (UPDATE: I was told the factory included surround is actually a brass color...which I suspect is the same one that was in Munsters LE and would NOT allow the light to shine through the surround ring).
The good thing about the yellow surround is the light color seems to change it quite easily. As you can see, if the light behind it is red the surround appears red, the same for yellow and green.....blue and some other colors...not so much. In any case, it is much more exciting than a surround that does not allow any light to shine through it at all...I'm talking about you Munsters surrounds.
In any case, I will have many different color surrounds available and the light kits also look great without any speaker surround at all and I honestly prefer that to using a surround that doesn't allow light to shine through it.
As stated, these 5.25" light kits will be available soon and have the same DELUXE features that my, currently available, Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits have. Individually addressable LEDs, RF RGB controller with 358 different colors / color transitions and it's own power supply so it is not using power from the game's boards. It's the same great Deluxe Speaker Light Kit.....in a smaller and rounder shape.

And now I’m depressed. That’s what I get for assuming.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

And now I’m depressed. That’s what I get for assuming.

I think only Dple and B66sle have shipped with with lit speaker rings. It’s pretty unusual for Stern. But I have to admit it seems strange to not ship them lit on all games where they have coloured speaker rings- can’t be too much harder for a big company like Stern to have them lit.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Oh my sweet lord. I love the Recorder Fail version lmfao

#41 4 years ago

Moderator note:

After some discussion we decided this club thread could live, even though the game has not shipped. It’s on the line at Stern and close enough to shipping.

This is the club thread for the pro, the LE club thread from earlier last week that predated this one has been unlocked as well.

#42 4 years ago

I can't help but feel the need to get a premium...this game looks like a ton of fun.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

"Staring at the parts" That is required while waiting (LOL).

#44 4 years ago

Gotta share this with the group. I was at a local pinball/arcade bar last night and a couple was playing Gotg next to me and my fiancee. They obviously didn't know any of the rules and were saying things like "what do I do, where should I hit it, why is that flashing?". So, my fiancee, being very outgoing and friendly gave them a few quick tips and said "I only know because we actually own this game". The guy instantly became an ass and was dead set on convincing me that Stern games were generally garbage and could sometimes be fun if they were working. He said the main problem with Stern is that they only make 200 of each title and then abandon the title and move on to the next. I asked, "do you mean 200 limited editions?" He says no, 200 total, that's why they never work right. At that point, we both finished our game and just walked away. Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#46 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is the club thread for the pro, the LE club thread from earlier last week that predated this one has been unlocked as well.

It could be usefull yo unlink Premium and LE editions games from this thread in order to attenuate the confusion with the other thread?

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

A molded toy is better than a flat piece of plastic , who gives a stuff what store it came from

#48 4 years ago

Dumb question perhaps, but do the new spike systems need a battery replaced every so often? If so, can a NVRam chip be installed like on older sterns?

#49 4 years ago

In on an LE, though I swore I'd never buy another LE.

This game just looked too good!

Can't wait to see what Brian Eddy is up to!

#50 4 years ago

I really hope that the track "Las Gaviotas", which is the soundtrack used in the film during the appointment between Nerdy and Dodson will be included in one of the modes of the pinball machine. It would be insane.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Albans Town, VT
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chesterfield, VA
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 21,143 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 423.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.