(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,175 posts
  • 1,406 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by MiniPinHead
  • Topic is favorited by 761 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6528 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6529 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6519-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_6513 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6507 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6520 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6521 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5725 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0818 (resized).JPG
IMG_0820 (resized).JPG
IMG_0819 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13907 1 year ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Same. Same part number........502-5027-01

Right (duh!) - thanks for answering my silly question. I need to read details more carefully!

#13922 1 year ago

JP is officially incoming week after next! I’m stoked and wondering how folks feel about Cliffy’s for this title? Necessary? Not necessary?

Time to start reading up on adjustments, rules and strategies

#13974 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I never understand when a machine comes up for sale and it has 200 plays on it, I put more than that on my machines in the first week.

The world is full of liars

#13977 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Joining the club in a few days. I was about to purchase the comet LED upgrade kit for my DP (cool white to sunlight and a few spotlights) and I was wondering if I should buy some extra for a JP prem?
Also interested to hear any “must have” mods, or day 1 adjustments. If people want to message directly to avoid cluttering the thread I’m good with that…too many posts to go back and search through

Me too. I watched part of the YouTube video with Elwin explaining the rules. He totally lost me after a handful of minutes, maybe because I haven’t had much time on the game. I’m gonna have to absorb this in digestible little pieces.

#13980 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

3 sets of modes: Paddocks (catching Dinos), Trex Events, and Control Room modes. Each one has a mini-wizard mode after playing them all so that is a nice singular goal to focus on.
Paddocks: spell MAP by shooting white shots, start at left ramp.
Trex events: hit truck captive ball enough to spell TREX, start at left ramp. First Trex event is a 2ball MB.
Control Room modes: Started at C shot when lit, different criteria lights it, but if you see it lit, go for it.
And then there are two Main MBs:
Chaos: Spell CHAOS from left to right, start at Amber Target when lit
Raptor: Shoot Raptor Pit a bunch of times, when the Flasher are near seizure-inducing, next shot starts it.
I know its alot, but thats kind of why this one of the best machines ever. Focus on one thing at a time and get a feel for it and when you understand the basics, you can go about stacking a few things together.
For example, you can get a paddock going with a control room or trex mode then start Chaos MB and go to town.

Thank you for distilling the basics! That feels like a digestible, challenging list of goals.

#14002 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

My premium arrived today, box was in excellent shape but when I opened it up a screw fell out. Hopefully just an extra that fell in during production but i guess we’ll see after setup

If I was working the box line, I would totally put a random screw or something in a box every once in awhile as a practical joke!

1 week later
#14107 1 year ago

Officially joined the club today!! Lots to catch up on. Soooo late to the party.

#14141 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

So far I think I prefer this over Godzilla (which I sold)
Both great though.

I played Godzilla at a festival recently. Good game, but I don’t regret for a minute getting JP instead!

1 week later
#14199 1 year ago

My kid made me a topper for Father’s Day. One of a kind!

DD6A6D5B-E7F2-45E1-B932-5027037C9A14 (resized).jpegDD6A6D5B-E7F2-45E1-B932-5027037C9A14 (resized).jpeg
#14209 1 year ago

Gotta say that my the favorite mods so far are (in order):

* my kid’s custom topper
* shaker motor
* illuminated amber shooter rod (looks cool and feels good in the hand)
* mr. tantrum’s Barbasol can - that flasher is too bright naked and the greenish coolant tubes at the bottom of the mod look super cool when the flasher fires. Nice work!

#14266 1 year ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Are we waxing brand new machines?

Yes.

#14326 1 year ago

I’m thinking you could laser cut some lollipop rails with a killer custom design and powder coat them all for less than 1k if fancy trim is really your jam.

#14365 1 year ago

For those thinking about the “ski pass” topic, don’t forget that your choice of flipper rubber is also a factor. I could easily roll pass with the stock black rubbers from Stern, but the more grippy surface of super bands slows the ball enough that it’s no longer a gimmie. Haven’t tried Titan flipper bands on JP yet. Might do that today just out of curiosity.

#14375 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The upper right third flipper on your machine appears to be aligned a bit too high. The tip of the flipper should sag below the alignment dot in the playfield which allows the ball to interact with the post just a hint when set properly. With those fancy machined flippers, should be a simple adjustment for you!

Some of us do that on purpose to reduce interaction with the slings that follows interaction with the upper flipper post.

#14381 1 year ago

For me it’s about those times (like rapid inner loop shots) that I miss or don’t think I’m going to get a clean shot at anything with the upper flipper. In those cases, I’d rather have it feed the lower flipper than feed the slings. Depending on the speed of the ball, my setup usually winds up near the tip of the right flipper. Sometimes I have to give a nudge to save a drain feed. Personal preference at the moment. I might change it back someday but for now I like the feel of bypassing the post.

#14386 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

holding the upper flipper sends the ball to the supply drop target to collect that if lit.

Nice tip. I’ll have to give that a try!

#14416 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:

Can anyone suggest a good place to buy JP Premium side armor? Thanks

The future

#14461 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

So after taking in this game, and finally tweaking the game to my liking, I highly recommend the following:
# Left/Tower shot/ramp - Take the left screw out, Mylar to hold down the flap
# Right/Helipad/Shooter lane U ramp - Take both screws out , Mylar to hold down the flap

Just did this. Infinitely better!

#14476 1 year ago

Out with the old.

951C5ED5-5E4B-4DED-BE9F-3ED4429D33F4 (resized).jpeg951C5ED5-5E4B-4DED-BE9F-3ED4429D33F4 (resized).jpeg

In with the new.

4705CF59-85B1-4CB2-B0C2-2B4133109A58 (resized).jpeg4705CF59-85B1-4CB2-B0C2-2B4133109A58 (resized).jpeg

Installed the Jada jeep facing the player following a suggestion by someone here

#14482 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Where did you buy it? Looks cool.

Amazon or Ebay. Can't quite remember exactly. Still commonly available as far as I know.

#14488 1 year ago

My screws were definitely contacting the balls. Removing them and using mylar has made those s shots way more makeable and smooth. I was getting clunky rejections 7 out of ten shots. Now most shots sail through.

#14590 1 year ago

For those seeking a helicopter mod, the Matchbox Quetzal-copter is still available from numerous sources. Installation requires basically the same steps as outlined in Mr_tantrum’s excellent directions. I put a few small pieces of heavy duty Velcro under it between the screw heads for the helipad plastic to keep it from jiggling around.

512FB51C-3E08-4CB5-99C3-4F7FA6212130 (resized).jpeg512FB51C-3E08-4CB5-99C3-4F7FA6212130 (resized).jpeg70D7E778-59A4-4D97-924F-E84608CB55FF (resized).jpeg70D7E778-59A4-4D97-924F-E84608CB55FF (resized).jpegD456E5A5-B7C7-4582-B578-ECFC800AA115 (resized).jpegD456E5A5-B7C7-4582-B578-ECFC800AA115 (resized).jpeg
#14592 1 year ago
Quoted from sidesmack40:

Thank you I found and ordered this! It’s not going to have the spinning blades but that’s ok.

It does come with its own spinning blades. They are thin black plastic. I choose to use the factory setup because I didn’t want to mess with a perfectly functioning factory blade design. Modding the plastic blades to work reliably with the game switch would have likely at least quadrupled the time I spent installing this (under an hour).

#14605 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Has anyone who had inconsistent auto plunges been able to fix it 100%? I’ve tried everything I can find suggested, washer under left side, shooter lane fork, bending the forks of the auto plunger so they both touch the ball at rest, trying different powers in the menu, putting a piece of Velcro under the playfield to reduce the pullback of the auto plunger and reduce slop.
Nothing has made the auto plunge 100%, it especially fails during multiball when more than one ball is launched in quick succession.
If anyone has any other suggestions I’d be very grateful or is this just something everyone accepts just happens occasionally with this machine?
Thanks

I’ve noticed that I need to be mindful about centering the plunger in the shooter lane when putting the playfield back into the lock bar after raising the playfield. There is enough wiggle room on the lock bar receiver to have an adverse effect on plunges and auto launches (more than my other games).

1 week later
#14706 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Something you can try before buying a replacement.
Assuming you have both the ball and shaft removed from the machine, clean off any and all glue residue that is on that newton ball shaft as well as in the ball.
Put the ball in the oven at about 325 degrees for about twenty minutes. At the same time, put the shaft in the freezer. What will happen is that the ball will increase in size a very miniscule amount. At the same time, the cold will cause the shaft to shrink by a very small amount.
With the ball hot and the shaft cold, very carefully hold the ball in your gloved hand while inserting the shaft into the hole. Use a small hammer or other object to lightly tap the shaft into the hole.
Now put the assembly aside for half-an-hour or so until it cools down. With luck, the shaft will be fixed tightly in the newton ball.

That’s an interesting idea. My newton ball is fine, but I’m going to file this away in the recesses of my brain.

3 weeks later
#14842 1 year ago

Spotted this today

85A07CB3-3987-41EB-984E-8129E6820D81 (resized).jpeg85A07CB3-3987-41EB-984E-8129E6820D81 (resized).jpeg
#14848 1 year ago

Unless you watch them as what they are - dinosaur movies for tweens. Then they’re all pretty good. Nothing I would watch on my own as an adult, but a fun diversion in the company of a ten to twelve year old kid.

1 month later
#15047 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Really it’s just because the dinos on that side are a little easier. And there are two raptors on the final paddock on the right - only one dino on the left.

Final pen on the right are Raptors. “They hunt in pairs!” Gotta get them both.

#15095 1 year ago

So I reached the visitor center for the second time today. I thought I had finished the mode, but maybe not? I got to the stage where you lock a ball in the raptor pen and another in the control room. I then knocked them both out and started the victory targets mode. I wasn’t sure what to hit so I just focused on keeping the multiball going as long as possible. When I drained down to one ball, it was not clear to me what I should do. I think a couple of the standup targets in the upper portion of the playfield near shot entrances were blue (possibly blinking but I can’t remember for sure). Other than that, the “O” shot was blinking and the raptor pen lights on the plastic were blinking.

I ended up shooting for the raptor pen since that has been a big focus in the visitor center mode. I hit it twice (the rear target - the gate was lowered) and it gave me Raptor Tri-ball. In retrospect I think this might’ve been because I had a ball locked in there prior to visitor center that got released during visitor center multiball, so I was able to start raptor tri-ball without a ball locked in there. After that, I still didn’t know what to do.

I started bashing the jeep thinking I could get museum mahem going but it seem to be registering t-Rex letters what I hit it.

What was I supposed to do?

#15097 1 year ago
Quoted from Seirif:

Sounds like you are describing "Visitor Center", not "Secure Control Room"... either way try reading the rules: http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644
victory targets is just shoot all the targets which lights raptor target for jackpot I think...something like that....basically just shoot lit targets.

Right - I’ll go back and edit my post. Visitor Center. So you have to finish it with the jackpot even if you’ve drained down to single ball play, drain that ball and start another single ball? It wasn’t clear to me from reading the rules. I’ve read them several times (including once during the game with a ball cradled on the left flipper).

#15098 1 year ago

One reason I thought the visitor center mode was complete/over was that I was awarded the Pteranodon Fossil when I drained. What’s after that? It was odd that the game, which up to that point has made what to do pretty clear, gave no direction at all that I could understand or see.

#15105 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I had the same issue after reaching Visitor Centre however to progress to Escape Nublar you need to have done Secure Control Room, Museum Mayhem and Visitor Centre. Each of these will become lit on the PF once you've achieved it, so which ever aren't lit is what you need to work on (yes it's not clear and neither the info on the screen or the status displays when holding up a flipper show you your progression in either Control Room or T-Rex Events)
In regards to starting the T-Rex events, depending upon yours settings, the first 2 events you can get the letters simply hitting/bumping the truck but after that you need to fully swing of the truck to the other side to get each of letters for an event or Museum Mayhem.
In regards to lighting the 4 control room events to Secure the Control Room, you need to achieve these
• Catching your first dinosaur
• Spelling CHAOS twice
• Getting a Jackpot in Raptor Tri-Ball
• 15 tower shots

So basically I needed to work on turning the jeep enough times to finish out the T-Rex modes and work on the control room modes? I should’ve checked the control room light. I wonder if it was lit because I did get a few jackpots during Tri-ball.

1 week later
#15161 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

No matter how much I heat my raptor and try and bend it I can’t get it sitting just right

Funny timing. I just did this yesterday. I removed the raptor, heated and bent the right arm in towards the body a bit. Test fitting told me that the right leg needed to be tweaked, too. A little more heat and bending and it was well aligned. Sounds like I might’ve gotten lucky.

BTW - I wasn’t able to get the lock nuts back on the feet at first because the bolts didn’t seem to be attached to anything under the plastic. (Don’t let them fall through!) I worked around this by using a regular #6 nut to snug the feet to the plastic. I was then able to reinstall the black lock nuts for better security and aesthetics.

#15164 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I was worried the heat would do more damage to the raptor.

That’s a real risk. You really have to go slowly and carefully with the heat.

#15174 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Post Passing?
I'm unable to post pass on my PRO, although I see other PRO owners in streams post passing freely.
What would explain this? My game is stock.

I have a premium and can post pass easily left to right. Right to left is possible but iffy.

#15208 1 year ago

Most difficult shot for me (by far) is the orbit from the upper flipper. Just haven’t been able to get that timing down…

#15222 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

I have problems with the easiest shot - the left Dino ramp. For some reason, it has developed a reject problem.
I've spent hours trying to tweak it. Pitch, flipper strength, flipper angle, etc. It has shown recent improvement, but it used to be an automatic gimme. It's become the achilles heel of the game.
Anyone else develop difficulties with the left ramp and have suggestions on how they made it a no brainer shot again?

The only time I’ve experienced this it came down to operator error. I didn’t need to adjust the game, just my mind

1 week later
#15260 1 year ago
Quoted from NoDisclaimer:

I have a deal for a premium that involves some travel. The seller lives in Socal and I live in Oregon. He's willing to drive to Stockton CA and meet me it would turn a two day drive into one. Anyone know someone in Stockton that would let us meet up at their place so we wouldn't have to do this in a parking lot.

Post this in the Norcal thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nor-cal-pinheads-thread/page/155#post-7224151

#15268 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You may just need to adjust the gap on the pop bumper switch to be a little wider. Most likely it is too small right now and vibrations are causing it to fire. Take a look and see what you can find.

I agree. Likely you could also make the pop fire by pounding the playfield with your fist.

2 weeks later
#15377 1 year ago

Hi, Had.
Thanks for your input. Your solution did occur to me, but I worried about causing the chrome to flake if I bent any part of the wireform.

Pretty sure the wireforms are just stainless steel?

#15385 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

I think you should cover your tools or the wireform with fabric to avoid damage

Agreed. Primarily trying to reassure that from the factory there’s not a chrome coating that’s going to pop off when bent.

1 week later
#15452 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOriginalWiz:

Tech question for anyone in the know:
While working on my game I noticed that the EOS switch never registers as closed on my right flipper. I checked the leaf switch and it is closed up until the flipper is fully extended at which point it opens. Checking across the leaf with a continuity tester I am seeing contact and when I jump the ground and the input wire at the plug on the board it registers in diagnostics. I think my input or ground wire came disconnected or broke somewhere in the wire loom. Ug, thats going to be a pain to dig out.
My question is this: How bad is it if I keep playing on it until I get this fixed? Is the EOS back to the board used to cut power to the coil or is it just for reporting to the computer that it has hit EOS? Is there a mechanical EOS 'override' built in? Since my machine thinks I am always at EOS, am I not getting full power on the flipper coil?
Thanks in advance!
P.S. Also posted on the other JP owners thread but that thread seems to have gone dry...

Seems really unlikely that a wire broke inside the harness bundle. More likely it would be disconnected or poorly connected somewhere.

1 week later
#15555 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Did you have to drill anything into it or did you just jam the wire up in there?
Also do you have any pics of where you actually put the wire into it?
I have mine as well but just haven't gotten around to installing it.

When I did mine, I tried heating the wire with a torch and pressing it up the bird’s rump. It went in but did not grab well. The bird could easily rotate on the rod so I drilled the hole a little bigger, loaded the hole with hot glue and put the wire back in. So far, that’s holding well.

#15582 1 year ago

Finally finished a T-Rex event: Rampage.
Posted a high score for the mode as a result. Didn’t even notice *how* I finished it. Not smart!

I think rampage is completed by making three or four sets of shot combos: left or right ramp and back to trex (with or without the multiplier shot of helipad or tower shot). Each successive combo set is with more. With or without multipliers, the points really stack up.

3 weeks later
#15765 1 year ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

hey everyone, just wanted to pop in here real quick and get some owners thoughts on the pro vs. premium for this game. I'm currently leaning more towards the pro mainly for the price, the moving t-rex head looks like something that would break? and it throwing the ball into the pops sounds like something else breaking lol. I hear a lot of people talk about how much better the raptor pit is on the premium and I get there is a physical gate, but I dont understand in practice why or how thats a big improvement? anyway I really would just love some perspective from some owners out there on the 2 options. also does anyone know roughly how much longer this game will run?
separate topic also, but I'm fairly new to pinball. I currently own a Godzilla premium but my knowledge of the machines themselves is pretty limited, with that in mind should I stick to NIB for now until I learn more about the machines or should I hold out and wait for a descent prices used game here? Seems like prices are same or higher here than NIB on a lot of the newer games like this.
Thank you for any and all helpful comments

I played both pro and premium a bunch before deciding which one to buy. You can’t go wrong on this. They’re both great. For me, the animated ball throwing T-Rex adds a much welcome degree of uncontrollable chaos variation to deal with in every game. I like that. In a similar vein, the premium raptor pit also presents an additional welcome challenge over the pro. Both the pit and T-Rex on the premium also add a great deal to the immersion of the world under glass. But if price is more important or you’re more focused on somewhat more repeatable gameplay with less chaos, the pro might be a better choice.

#15819 1 year ago
Quoted from Staythirsty:

Thanks for the info. I’ll see where the sweet spot is.

Removable locktite is your friend here.

1 week later
#15936 1 year ago

What the Heck?
I just had a strange scoring experience in T-Rex Rampage mode.
From Tilt Forums:
"Shoot the left or right ramp to lower the T-Rex, then shoot the left ramp to collect 10M (+5M per left ramp shot). Shooting the Raptor Tower or Helipad prior to the left ramp will multiply the award by 3x or 2x, respectively, and the two multipliers can be stacked for a 6x multiplier. You can repeat this sequence an unlimited amount of times until the mode timer expires, and completing the sequence three times collects a Fossil when either the timer expires or you drain."
I stacked it with a multiball, although I don't recall which - either CHAOS! or Tri-Ball. It was very late in a long game, and I had been through the Visitors Center and Invalid Frenzy. The jackpots were massive and strangely stacked. The game behaved like it was stuck in a loop, like it was tallying dozens of jackpots in *very* rapid succession each time one was collected. Correspondingly, the explosion sequence on the display stuttered/flickered like it was briefly stuck in a loop and the audio did the same. Even factoring in all the possible PF scoring multipliers, I don't see how the jackpots were so massive. All the switches in my game work properly as far as I know. They all test fine in Switch Test in the diagnostic part of my service menu.
When the dust settled, I saw this mode score...[quoted image]

Sounds like a slightly loose opto connection. Unplug and reseat anybody that are suspect for generating those jackpots.

1 week later
#15999 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I made a video on the quickest way to get to visitors center. This is doing it without regards to score, just trying to do it quickly, got it in under 10 minutes on ball 1 with an extra ball. I think I could do it in under 8 if I tried a few more times. To build up the score you would want to stack modes with the multiballs and paddocks as well as go for multiball jackpots instead of just focusing on the paddocks.
I would like to make a run for Escape Nublar for time but that would mean basically draining out of the mini wizards on purpose just to do it faster which doesn’t seem very fun.

Good video. I noticed you seem to always have your right flippers up when shooting the helipad. Why?

#16004 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Thanks. It gives the ball a bit more clearance to make the helipad shot. If I don’t hold it up it can sometimes just nick that upper flipper enough that it slows the momentum down and won’t make it all the way around the ramp.

Tested this last night. Of course, you’re right. One of the times I didn’t raise the right flippers, the ball nicked the upper and messed up the helipad shot.

2 weeks later
#16044 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I added mylar to the transition to smooth it out a little more.
Seemed to help.

It definitely does. Super inexpensive, quick and easy fix.

Added 13 months ago:

Edit: I thought we were talking about the tower shot or helipad.

1 week later
#16113 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

I just installed a new t-Rex ramp entrance plastic made by Upkick Pinball. Perfect fit, and I suspect it’ll last a bit longer than the original.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1256-upkick-pinball/07850-jurassic-park-stern-t-rex-ramp-ball-shield
[quoted image]

What happened to your original? I don’t think the ball has ever hit mine. Dumb luck? Different flipper per?

#16123 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

Perfect!
I ordered the Stern unit. I haven't done anything with the machines for a while and I'm do for some fun. Thanks!

I installed one of these and found that there’s a sweet spot in terms of how tightly it is fastened to the cabinet. Obviously, it can’t be too loose or it will shake itself free and weak all sorts of havoc and potentially damage. Cranked down really tightly didn’t provide much shaker feedback. I ended up screwing mine in nice and tight then testing it, gradually loosening the screws a quarter to half turn at a time, retesting each time until I had the right balance of safe installation and good rumble.

4 weeks later
#16235 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Is there any top 5/10 lists of mods? I have a premium coming in June and while I have cared very little to mod my godzilla I want to do as much on my JP as it is by far my favorite movie of all time.

Shaker motor is an absolute must. One of the best integrations ever. Upgrading the Jeep and helicopter are nice aesthetic upgrades. Colored slingshot protectors are cool and protect those particularly vulnerable plastics. I chose orange and love the look. Better speakers with an amp will greatly enhance the sound experience.

2 weeks later
#16295 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

.032" music wire amazon.com link »

This is what I used. It’s perfect.

1 month later
#16527 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Little more "massaging" and this is about as good as I can get it.
[quoted image]

Use a piece of mylar to bridge the ramp flap. That’s what I did. Worked perfectly and cost about five cents (assuming you have a scrap of mylar).

#16660 10 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

I always wonder the same thing. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! I look for flashing arrows and shit - come up empty every time

That’s your countdown to finish whatever timed special mode you’re working on.

2 weeks later
#16932 9 months ago
Quoted from Citizen69:

Hey guys, Just became a proud new owner of JP Prem. After a couple of weeks. Rex lost two screws under his jaw. My approach to this is to remove the T-Rex by unscrewing the #2 Trex main assembly by removing the four #13 screws and then disconnecting the #30 split washer from the control arm. Am I on the right track or is there an easier way? If there are any reference videos or pictures (other than the manual), please let me know.
Thanks
Dr. Grant
[quoted image]

Just put a dab of removable locktite on each screw, each insert with a magnetized offset screwdriver and put them back in place. I did not have to remove mine or use playfield jacks (though if you’ve got them, jacks would make the angle of approach easier).

2 weeks later
#17050 9 months ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Pro v Prem is argued in threads for every single game. Neither side is likely to ever change their mind.
I have the premium and am glad I went with it, no regrets, to each their own.
The thing that I admit is interesting is when I bought the game 2 years ago, it was only a $1500 price difference, I would prob still go with the Prem today but I do understand at $2500 price difference it will give more pause to people who are deciding or on the fence.

Agreed. I “only” paid an extra $1500 but would likely pay the extra at today’s higher prices if I were buying new. The premium T-Rex and Raptor pen change the gameplay. Ball paths and potential ball trajectories are different. Both add elements of randomization of ball trajectories that change risk/reward scenarios. I played both considerably before choosing the premium and this ultimately factored heavily into my decision to go premium. These two mechs are not merely cosmetic differences. They enhance the depth of the game.

#17056 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Officially joined the club this past weekend with a Premium.
One question, is there any adjustment I can do to make the glass not so tight? I’ve never had a Stern with glass so tight and have to use both hands and really put some force to be able to get it to slide all the way up and removing it is just as difficult and have to plant my feet behind the legs otherwise the machine would just move as I have my machines on carpet sliders. It’s this way as soon as I insert it and I have no anti-rattle tape or anything and it was a NIB machine.
I’m just afraid with the constant force I have to use, that one of these days I won’t continue to be lucky and will end up breaking\shattering it.
Thanks for the help.

Did you try loosening the side armor a tad?

1 month later
#17339 7 months ago

Honestly, I am too focused on my shots while playing to notice the raptor movement. I tweaked mine early on (bent it with a heat gun) and I know that it works properly, but I honestly never notice it. The movement is quick and my focus is on the ball. I can understand wanting everything to work as intended, but this is one feature that I wouldn’t put too much focus on.

1 week later
#18123 7 months ago

I was hoping for the best, but I am yet another with a raptor gate bug. Up, down, up, down….

Guess I’ll just shut the game off until they fix the code.

#18142 7 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

What the fudge.

What the fudge. You never return my calls! Why should I return yours!

What the fudge.

What the fudge.

O man... I've been on this site (as a home hobbyist... I have no association in any way with any manufacturer) for years as "sataneatscheese" as a huge Weird Al fan. That was an obscure reference to a Weird Al song called "Nature Trail to Hell" that said "satan eats cheese wiz" when played backwards making fun of the heavy metal hidden messages scare of the 70s. It was a username I picked out in middle school. A few months ago I got into some heated arguments on this site concerning freedom of religion that resulted in me changing my username to "santaeatscheese" as people would probably connect the two together. I buy/sell/trade alot of pins (hobbyist) and feel like it is important to have a consistent username so people can get to know and recognize you in order to get a reputation... good or bad. So... its santaeatscheese because of a bunch of heavy metal freaks in the 1970s, weird al, and internet disagreements.
[quoted image]

What the fudge. But santa loves cheese!

I liked it better when you were Satan.

#18173 7 months ago

Is there an explanation somewhere of how the new features in v1.10 work?

#18289 7 months ago

I am always losing track of how many tilt warnings I have. I don’t see any way to know how many you have or are being given except by looking at the lcd during a tilt warning (which is an extremely suboptimal time to take your eyes off the ball). Am I missing something or is this just old school where you need to track it in real time and remember where you are in the thick of it all?

#18317 7 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I haven't scrolled through the instant info in JP for a long time, but I would think it should tell you there.

I’ll check again, but I don’t think so

#18547 7 months ago

Made it to the control room and finished it tonight only to discover that I had to play one more trex mode and one control room mode to move on. I knocked off the last trex mode easily (and safely) but then realized that I don’t actually know what lights the control room! I’ve always just shot for it when lit but never tracked what lights it.

Could someone press shed some light on this for me?

#18549 7 months ago

Thank you. Wow - that’s a lot to do! I just had to finish spelling chaos again but didn’t know.

1 week later
#18851 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I went ahead and put the ball blocking behind the raptor plastics in my store in case people want to buy them that way. You can pm me as well. Thanks. Couple more left.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1521-no-gouge-pinball/09317-behind-the-raptor-ball-blocking-plastic-free-shipping

Would this plastic by any chance double as a way to keep the raptor pushed a bit towards the middle of the playfield to reduce hangups? Can’t tell from the photos.

#19043 6 months ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Got a dumb question, is there a reason to use the plunger over the button to start? So much easier hitting button for skillshot than plunger, so maybe if you dont care about skillshots to start?

Sometimes it’s strategically beneficial to do a manual soft plunge and not hit a switch/make an easy catch on the flipper for a more controlled first shot.

I never use the action button to plunge on this game.

#19106 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Has anyone bought the full titan kit for this game ? I just got mine and this is what I was sent. It seems there are way too many of the smaller rubbers which have no place to go and did not come with any post rubbers. It came with the three flippers not shown in the picture. Is this normal?
[quoted image]

I never buy kits. I always build my own based off the game, plus extras for some areas. Kits are often wrong.

2 months later
#20213 4 months ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Upgraded my static t-rex head with this custom painted Mattel Real Feel T-rex. It fits over the original metal bracket I extracted from the Stern head. It looks just like the T-rex in the videos.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice paint job on that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinheadpierre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=pinheadpierre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.