(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,306 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by JorgesArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 765 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
20240416_213856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6976 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6988 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6987 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6985 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6984 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6983 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zorashinoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10851 2 years ago

If you are looking for a more permanent fix instead of using tape over the opto check out this post from the premium thread that has a more permanent fix that involves adjusting the height of the opto.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-jurassic-park-le-club/page/69#post-5337568

#10936 2 years ago

Had mine almost a month now. Never noticed these wires until today. I assume this is correct? Do others have a few wires showing right behind the right T-REX Fence post right above the spinner?

Wires (resized).jpgWires (resized).jpg
#10945 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

There's a setting where you can turn off throws.

It's based on the Trex mode by default. Multiball and rampage throw it. Chase and encounter drop it on the ramp if my memory serves correctly.

As mentioned you can turn off throw.

1 month later
#11339 2 years ago

Yeah I think Stern just released a bunch of them I had one on pre-order from coin taker last month and I just got the shipment notification today

1 week later
#11509 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

As far as scoring goes, practice your smart missle. It's ability to clear paddocks & giving extra balls really helps blow up the scores. My peak score I just got the other day, and it was from like 4 straight smart missle hits, 3 of which cleared a paddock for me.
More recently I started focusing/paying attention to DNA and trying to get the extra ball from that. If you're really hitting your H and S shot, getting 6 DNA shouldn't be that tough. So once you start getting 6-7 ball games, you'll eventually have a blow up game, as extra ball from 6 rescues, smart missle, t-rex, and DNA are all doable. Taking the long way through the paddocks to clear 7 and I ended up with a 720 million visitor center bonus. Clearing the T-Rex paddock also gives you an extra 8 seconds on all your modes, helping you beat them easier.

Agree with above around the smart missile, very helpful. Few smart missile tricks I have learned along the way.
-When you get to 3 rescues and activate smart missile, choose the second option, +5 rescues, if you hit it then smart missile immediately relights and the 3rd option is an extra ball.
-The smart missile timer is more forgiving then you would think, if you brick the shot and the ball comes back towards the left flipper, try to fire the ball back at the smart missile, i have gotten credit for it after the animation and callout, there is a nice buffer. You can also backhand it from the right flipper or hit it from the base of the right flipper if the ball comes back in that direction.
-The spinner - one other option after a brick of the smart missile from the flippers is the ball can also go in through the spinner, drop into the pops and get a lucky ricochet and trigger the target or if your shot was so bad you spun the truck around, if you go through the o-lane the post will come up and diver to pops allowing a trigger as well.
-finally, some shots direct from flipper may go into pop bumpers but not hit the amber target due to power, or clipping something on the way in, If you missed the target but the ball went in the pop bumpers, a few gentle nudges forward or back will give you more reaction in the pop bumpers and chances of the ball to ricochet into the target to collect the smart missile reward.

#11524 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks all - good info on improving game play.
Question - what triggers enabling a smart missile?

Rescue number triggers rewards some of which are to light the inlanes.
3 (2) Rescues: Light Inlanes
6 Rescues: Light Extra Ball
8 (+4 from prior Light Inlanes level, minimum of 6) Rescues: Light Inlanes
13 Rescues: Increase Bonus Multiplier (+1x for that ball only)
15 (+6, min. 12) Rescues: Light Inlanes
22 Rescues: (?)
24 (+8, min. 20) Rescues: Light Inlanes
30 Rescues: Fossil

Check out full ruleset if you haven't already -
http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

1 week later
#11606 2 years ago

Quick rules question. I have gotten to Visitor's Center a few times now. In order to get to Escape Nublar you need to initiate Visitors Center, Secure Control Room and Museum Mayhem. Do i need to do secure control room and Museum Mayhem prior to Visitor's center? I noticed that after Visitor's center my game still continued so I assume if i then complete SCR and MM that it will then lite Escape Nublar?
I had been focusing on just getting to VC, but now that i can do that i want to try for Escape Nublar.

3 weeks later
1 month later
#12107 2 years ago

If you trap up on the left flipper then drop the flipper and let the ball roll just slightly and flip that left flipper you can back hand and lock pretty easily in the raptor pen just give it a few tries and you'll find the right spot.

#12188 2 years ago

I have had the shoot the set trap targets bug call out early many of times the trigger seems to be after the first paddock and when you get a rescue during a multi ball. Only seems to happen to me during raptor or chaos multi-ball

3 weeks later
#12416 2 years ago

Anybody know what increases a paddock bounty? I've had the game for 6 months and every so often something pops up on the screen that says paddock bounty increased and have no idea how I triggered it.

1 week later
#12576 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Yeah that is very true. 5 is the max though right?
I also don't really want scores of 5 ball mixed in with my 3 ball scores. Does it keep them separate or no?

Scores would not be separated and I think you go as high as 9 bals if you like

1 week later
#12632 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Ok while on the subject of Smart Missile, when in multiball I often end up with 2-3 balls stacked up behind the SM up-post however I then fail to make the shot due to the changed dynamics of having multiple balls rolling down the face of the flipper. Can people still make the shot with the leading ball or what technique do people use in this situation to give themselves a better chance (eg I've tried to ski pass the first 2 balls to the right flipper but they don't have enough momentum). Any suggestions welcome ... videos would be even better

Yes, I can still make the shot with balls stacked, you need to flip the flipper earlier than usual, more weight on the flipper so it flips slower.

2 months later
#13357 2 years ago

Hey all, one of my pop bumpers randomly triggers. Just started happening. It will fire 2 to 3 times, stop, then like 15-20 seconds left it will do it again,rinse repeat, Even though there is no ball hitting it. Made my amber bonus quite juicy . Anyone ever had this type of issue or know what to look for to fix this?
Thanks!

2 months later
#13791 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Anyone have a clean cheat sheet with all of the DNA combos? Preferably one that would fit on the apron.

From the tilt forum link:

DNA (resized).pngDNA (resized).png
#13847 1 year ago

Here is the issue I have, sounds similar

Issue I have intermittently. Started in the past month or so.
Turn on the game
Start a game
Raptor gate is up as expected.
Hit the gate with a ball, gate goes down, however the lights inside the pen are not lit up.
Shooting the targets inside the pen doesn't advance the Raptor progress and Raptor Multiball cannot be started.

If I hold down start and left flipper to end the game then start a new one the issue is gone.
It only happens on the first game after power up and only happens intermittently.
Bought my Game NIB a year ago, May 2021 build date.
Only recent change was I installed IC and the associated code update around a month ago.
MrMikeman and EaglePin may be on to something around code issue, maybe something in the latest code messed with our raptor gates.

#13874 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

yup that is it. Ok then, it is officially a code issue/bug.
I think it would need to be reported so they can fix it. It probably has to do on how quickly the Stern Insider is powered up and it is probably taking priority over the original start up. Sound like a small bug, something is timing out sooner than it should.

I think you guys jinxed me, today I got the issue where the gate stopped halfway up at the start of the first game after power up.

RaptorGate (resized).jpgRaptorGate (resized).jpg
#13900 1 year ago

I set my new GC last week. I have a few other scores in the low billions.

I have owned this game for 11 months and have around 3000 games on it. Here is some advice for those newer to the game.
Decide if you are going to play for points or progression.

If you simply want to get to Visitor's center, go straight up the left or right side of the map focusing on simply catching the dinosaurs. If you can capture 1 dino per ball and get the extra ball for 6 rescues you can get to VC.

If you want to go for high scores try the following:
The key is to have a dinsoaur in play, a mode in play and then stack an MB on top and 2x scoring if you can.
Short plunge and go for the "C" secret skills shot.
Open the raptor gate next if you can, it's not 100% but a fair amount of shots from the "C" return to left flipper and you can backhand the raptor.
Start the first paddock, start TREX multi-ball (if you want to shoot a couple shots to boost TREX before starting him you can) but even if you do, you need to make it all the way to the super jackpot to really blow this mode up.
Finishing the first paddock and starting TREX MB are key.
Start paddock 2.
Work on completing chaos or getting Raptor MB ready to go.
Start control room or next TRex Mode.
Start Chaos or Raptor MB.

This is how you can pump up your score. MB stacked on Control room or TREX mode, usually if you don't have 2x already, there is reasonable chance to accidentally start it during MB.
Rinse repeat if possible.
I know it is easier said than done, but staking MBs on top of modes is the key.

My 1.6 B game, i didn't make it to VC, the other day i made it to VC focusing on simply that and only scored 600 mill that game. Once you get better, try for both VC and huge scores together.

JPGC (resized).jpgJPGC (resized).jpg
#13902 1 year ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

To add to this great game plan, try to go down the left path of the island when capturing dinosaurs. You will get more smart missiles instead of super spinners this way because of truck direction, and the jurassic perks are a lot better. When you get a smart missile, hit the action button three times. This will either give you a chance at starting raptor tri-ball or a second extra ball (on top of the one you got from getting 6 rescues). If you feel you need a third extra ball, play and complete the t-rex mode in the center of the map (this also gives you more points once you reach the visitor center). If you're feeling spicy, play pteranodon attack and get a big collect with 2x playfield running.

If you are good at the Smart Missile and raptor tower, it is really helpful.
If i get smart missile for 3 rescues in paddockl 1, I choose option for +5 rescues(hit lockdown button twice) and if i hit the shot, the ball drops to the upper flipper, hit the tower shot ball goes back to left flipper for next smart missile(8 rescues), 3 button presses above as noted for extra ball. Since it also lites the XB right ramp you kinda get 2 XB outs of it.

One other note, If i am having a crap game and on ball 3 with Smart Missle, choose "Invalid?", its an MB with generous ball saves and many add a balls, it also has it's own High Score, so gives you something to shoot for on a crap game.

1 week later
#13963 1 year ago

Right Orbit Opto stopped working (O shot) - This is not the airball problem. I go into switch test. If I roll a ball by other optos, TREX ramp, left orbit etc... Switch test triggers the motion. If I roll a ball by the Opto in the O shot nothing happens. Is it simply a matter of ordering new Opto parts shown below, the emitter and receiver, or is there something else to possibly check or test?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13966 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Also check the solder points on the optos. Could just be a detached wire.

Will do, thanks for the tips

#13972 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Also clean with windex on a q-tip. Unlikely to be this on a recent machine, but it’s the easiest thing to try to rule out a dirty opto.

Not a bad thought will try this as well.
Also depends I guess on how you qualify recent, I've had the game for a year now, bought it NIB and have 3,000 plays on it.

Totally unrelated to this but I never understand when a machine comes up for sale and it has 200 plays on it, I put more than that on my machines in the first week.

#14035 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Very helpful. thank you!
If I have an issue with the skillshot not registering, would that be the opto behind the backboard? If so, is there a recommended fix/adjustment?

Very easy to check if your optos are working.
Go into the switch test in the diag menu, roll a ball or just use your finger and wave it in front of all the optos and it should register the movement and show the name of the opto triggered on the LCD.

#14091 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Right Orbit Opto stopped working (O shot) - This is not the airball problem. I go into switch test. If I roll a ball by other optos, TREX ramp, left orbit etc... Switch test triggers the motion. If I roll a ball by the Opto in the O shot nothing happens. Is it simply a matter of ordering new Opto parts shown below, the emitter and receiver, or is there something else to possibly check or test?[quoted image]

So I replaced the optos for right orbit and it is still not working.
If i go into switch test, it is 50/50 whether it registers ball/finger moving by or stationary in front of it, during gameplay it almost never registers it, any thoughts on what to check? I figured it was a bad opto but i guess it is something else.

Edited - Ok, nevermind, double checked all connections, removed bracket, put back in, tightened it all back up again and it seems to be working again... hopefully it continues to

#14093 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Opto beam may be slightly out of alignment. Have you tried the tape fix?

I just edited my post, removed bracket, adjusted a bit, retightened and verified connectors, seems good to go now. I think you were right, i did a switch test with the bracket removed from the game and it worked 100%, so probably alignment when it was seated in the game.

#14098 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Just curious what your guys most satisfying hits in this game are.
My #1 is definitely the smart missle. Oh that feels so good when you nail it and the sound effects that follow.
I think my second favorite one may be the control room shot when going for a control room mode. It's like I hold my breathe and then when it hits it and stays up there, I can breathe a sigh of relief.
But so many of the other shots just are so satisfying in this game. The right orbit is up there too, when I am actually intentionally trying to hit it and do hit it.

Double smart missile combo.

Smart missile for 5 rescues
Drop out of pops to upper flipper.
Tower shot
Smart missile for extra ball

#14100 1 year ago

Okay I'm really confused with this right opto issue. It'll work for a little bit and then it will stop working.
This time when it stopped working I removed it from the playfield and went into switch test passed my finger between the opto pieces and I would break the beam and the light would go out on the receiver however it would not register for the switch test.
Would love to hear any ideas if anyone has them

#14105 1 year ago
Quoted from untamedinc:

Was there ever a solution to this issue? Mine is now doing the same thing. Pop bumpers triggering randomly during a game when the ball is nowhere near them. It messing up things like the skill shots when the bumpers go off, the skill shows disappear when I haven't even plunged the ball yet. Driving me nuts but can't see anything visually wrong. Thanks for any updates here.

This is a simple leaf switch adjustment usually. Lift your playfield, the pop bumpers have a leaf switch just like your flippers do, the switch is probably too close together causing the pop bumpers triggering on their own, just widen the gap a bit and you will be fine. I had this pop up after like 2000 plays, simple fix. Will say though that my amber bonus was massive

Here is a link to adjusting leaf switches, video is for slingshot leaf switches, but concept is the same, pop bumpers, flippers, slings, targets all use similiar leaf switches..

#14106 1 year ago

Duplicate

1 week later
#14176 1 year ago

It's really easy to reset if you have the raptor gate problem, I'm one of the users that reported it, just hold down the start button and left flipper to restart the game and it'll reset the gate properly.

2 weeks later
#14385 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

For me it’s about those times (like rapid inner loop shots) that I miss or don’t think I’m going to get a clean shot at anything with the upper flipper. In those cases, I’d rather have it feed the lower flipper than feed the slings. Depending on the speed of the ball, my setup usually winds up near the tip of the right flipper. Sometimes I have to give a nudge to save a drain feed. Personal preference at the moment. I might change it back someday but for now I like the feel of bypassing the post.

I usually go for the tower or loop shot. One other thing I also do is simply hold the right flipper, coming out of the loop and simply holding the upper flipper sends the ball to the supply drop target to collect that if lit.

11 months later
#16835 10 months ago

Also her arm can get caught. Mine stays leaning forward half the time because of that, I think a few people have used a heat gun to bend the arm so it doesn't get caught but it never really bothered me.

Find the post on bending the arm with the heat gun if you're going to do it because you need to use a very little amount of heat from what I remember or else you can melt his arm

2 weeks later
#16998 10 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

So apparently I ordered a stern JP topper from GEX of Colorado two year ago and it ships out tomorrow. I already have the stern topper on my JP so this is an extra one.
Willing to sell it at cost ($600 USD), buyer covers the cost of shipping.
To be clear, this is brand new, never opened. PM me if interested.

Was your credit card charged back then or now? If now did they email or anything or just charge you? Curious if a bunch of people are going to get toppers that no longer have the game.

#17014 10 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

What does a Stern topper go for these days?

New they are now $750 MSRP, used to be $600 new.

#17048 10 months ago

Pro v Prem is argued in threads for every single game. Neither side is likely to ever change their mind.
I have the premium and am glad I went with it, no regrets, to each their own.
The thing that I admit is interesting is when I bought the game 2 years ago, it was only a $1500 price difference, I would prob still go with the Prem today but I do understand at $2500 price difference it will give more pause to people who are deciding or on the fence.

1 week later
#17084 9 months ago

Anyone have 1.07 code somewhere that they can share?

#17091 9 months ago

Here's the pack I bought last year. Assuming they ship to Europe land.
uxcell F7-15M Thrust Ball Bearings 7mm x 15mm x 5mm Chrome Steel Single Direction 4pcs https://a.co/d/1pV7Hzu

They work better than the stock ones.

#17095 9 months ago
Quoted from Days:

thanks for the model, apparently it's out of stock
At least it's what appears to me.
in case you still have one unit spare to sell, i buy and pay also the shipping

Oops nevermind, looks like you found one.

#17101 9 months ago

2 years of owning this game and just under 3500 games played and I just realized that when you capture the raptors it counts as 2 dinosaurs, which makes sense. Took the right side path to visitor center today, with a quick stop to capture a TRex and noticed it said i captured 6 dinosaurs. Almost set a new GC(Current GC of 2.2, finished this game at 2B). After visitor center I went to shoot secure control room, miss and hit the lite escape target, right sling, then left outlane. Still my favorite game in my collection.

3 weeks later
#17251 8 months ago

For those with drink holders do you guys just not nudge the machine? I don't have them. I was always worried that nudging the machine would cause drinks to spell

2 weeks later
#17884 8 months ago

May 2021 build, no raptor gate issues. I also used to have the gate halfway issue occasionally on first game after start up. When I had that issue I would hold left flipper and start button to end game and that fixed the raptor gate half down issue, doubtful but maybe try that if your gate is constantly moving.

Minor call-out issue on my machine with new code, one game when I captured dinosaurs the call-out said "goat captured"

#17954 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

May of 21 build... Prem. Anyone have that time frame and udate? All good. Think I will do a SD image and keep 1.08 ready.....

I have a May of 21 build and updated to the new code last night. Played a few games and have had no issues

#18150 8 months ago

Few things:
-Cool nod to jaws, heard a callout today - "We're going to need a bigger helicopter"
-Yes the call out for "Approaching the T-Rex paddock" is for when the next T-Rex mode is 1 hit away, I hit the truck twice before starting a paddock and heard it. They should clean it up to be less confusing, maybe, "T-Rex Encounter is about to begin" or something like that.

-One other fix to try for your raptor getting stuck in the down position, especially if you have had your game for a while, there is a screw that goes through the legs and body. When looking at the machine the screw head is on her left thigh, nut on her right thigh. It can get a little loose, making her wobble and more likely to get her arm caught, at least on my machine, tightening up that screw keeps her from getting stuck.
Little hard to see but I circled the screw head in the photo, if you have an angled ratchet screw driver you don't even need to take her off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0748DCVHN/

Raptor (resized).jpgRaptor (resized).jpgScrewdriver (resized).pngScrewdriver (resized).png
#18187 8 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

New 1.11 is live

Thanks you SantaEatsCheese for taking care of this!

#18201 8 months ago

In theory, someone could use your serial number to contact stern for warranty support and get a part under warranty that they shouldn't.

#18324 8 months ago

Lolol has anyone else heard the alternate call out for shoot the helicopter?
Had me cracking up.

#18327 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I hope it's "Get to the choppa!"

It is

#18551 7 months ago

Titan pinball mat, hands down for the win

#18725 7 months ago

Found an annoying co-op bug today, Not sure if anyone else has seen this.
If you both log in with insider connected then start a co-op game. Everything works fine. After the game is over, if you just hit the start button again, it doesn't start another co-op game. It starts a two-player game where each person is on their own.
The only way it seemed to start another co-op game still logged in is to log out then log back in then select co-op again.

I even tried holding in both flippers while we're still logged in after the end of the game, but it never brings up the option to select the mode.

#18806 7 months ago

Anybody change the rubbers under the right ramp yet? I think I need too soon and I don't see an easy way to do it without removing the entire right ramp. Hoping somebody may have found an easier way to do it.

1 week later
#19046 7 months ago

Especially on the first ball, I soft plunge to try and grab the skill shot for hitting the c shot at the control room in order to start spelling chaos.

I don't think I ever full plunge in this game. As mentioned above, if you soft plunge and don't hit a switch and then drain, you basically get a second ball save.

#19102 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Has anyone bought the full titan kit for this game ? I just got mine and this is what I was sent. It seems there are way too many of the smaller rubbers which have no place to go and did not come with any post rubbers. It came with the three flippers not shown in the picture. Is this normal?
[quoted image]

It could be the thing with these ring kits is they are user submitted. So guy could have decided he didn't want or need post rubbers and possibly ordered some extra post rings. Whenever I buy a ring kit from the database I always check against the stern manual, which also unfortunately is not always complete either. I usually double check the game against the manual and order a few extra.

#19107 7 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Is it a regular thing to buy an entire titan kit (expensive to us mortals) without knowing what you're buying AND for a brand new game with brand new rubbers? I am the KING of replacing shit that doesn't 100% need replacing but buddy...that's past my threshold.

For me it is. A full set of replacements with a few extras is 50-75 bucks. These are 7k plus games, you are not a mere mortal if you are buying pinball machines.

Black rubber gets the playfield and everything in the game dirty faster and it gets all over things. Titans don't. They also add some nice color pop to your game. People put so much junk in these games, replacing the standard rubbers is an upgrade well worth it to me.

Also, promo code buffalo, will always get you 10% off your order, you can thank the buffalo pinball podcast for that.

#19237 7 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Mine is nuts on top.

My nuts are underneath. Probably easier to sit with your nuts on top.

#19332 6 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Planted more trees .Loving the look of this so far
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Play more pinball do less landscaping

#19367 6 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

My Amber score is randomly increasing..... even when a ball is not in play... pop bumper adjustment?

You most likely just need to adjust one of the leaf switches, I had the issue at some point as well. Just look at the pop bumpers when this is happening and you can figure out which one.

1 week later
#19533 6 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Interesting stuck ball.
[quoted image]

I've never had the ball stuck like that but a handful of times I have had the post launch the ball into the glass on a very fast shot.

1 week later
#19641 6 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I've noticed with co-op mode it won't retain the co-op setting if you press start at the continue screen. You have to go all the way back to the selecting players screen to activate it again. Pretty annoying design.

I posted the same complaint a few weeks back and a. DBHashman93 posted a slight workaround.

When the game ends you can hold the left flipper in and then press the right flipper and then I'll bring you back to home team and you can change the mode there and not have to relog in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/375#post-7746345

1 month later
#20225 5 months ago

I'll add to the ball bearing and titan rubber conversation.
I agree the truck functions better with five Titans and correct it is slightly snug but I find it's better than being slightly loose.
Also, Amazon has the ball bearings for those that find it easier like I do than eBay.
uxcell F7-15M Thrust Ball... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLWRTBN

PXL_20231122_173223333 (resized).jpgPXL_20231122_173223333 (resized).jpg
#20228 5 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Are the ball bearings just for common wear or an upgrade from what Stern uses?

Both. The Stern stock part middle piece is plastic instead of metal. The metal ones work better, one of those things if you're in there taking apart that post and assembly switch them out while you're in there.

1 week later
#20416 4 months ago

Stern needs to be mindful of the lights they flash during certain light shows, (Escape, nedry and Smart Missile).

Today I had a really good game going, completed a control room mode and the ball came out of the control room after shooting the last shot and off the one flipper and into the left inlane. Since I completed the control room mode I guess it was doing it's light show and when the ball came into the inlane it looked like the smart missile light was lit.

I took a step back for a second only to watch the ball roll down the left flipper and drain and not be held for the smart missile shot. I then realized the smart missile insert must have only briefly lit because of the celebration light show for completing the mode.

This has happened before to me on Godzilla, where some light show was happening and I had a ball going to the left outlane and didn't do an aggressive shake since Mothra ball save was lit, only to realize that it wasn't lit, it was only briefly lit as part of a light show.

I know its only minor and doesn't happen often, but they shouldn't flash inserts for ball saves, out lane saves or lights that signal a ball will lock or stay put during a light show.

Normally it's like whatever, but I had completed visitor center, now had secure control room lit and 1 T Rex mode away from museum mayhem. So on one of my best games ever and still had one more ball to play besides the ball in play. Well on my way to escape from nublar and possibly my first ever when dinos ruled the earth and probably a new GC.

Played the final ball, got secure control room but drained on last T rex mode. Bummed as I should have had one more ball to play but didn't as a result of my misread.

I know, should have been paying more attention but still frustrating and bummed just missed setting a new GC

1 week later
#20471 4 months ago

For those interested here is my EB strategy. It can be tricky but when executed it is great.

The extra ball smart missile award will only be available once you have collected the +5 rescues smart missile award or NOT in an active paddock. The trick is to shoot your first smart missile between your first and second paddocks.

Start your first paddock with the truck pointing to the right.
Collect at least 3 rescues.
If you have collected 3 rescues already but not captured the dino then DO NOT initiate the smart missile shot, if you do, then abort it.
Capture the first dino.
Change the truck to the left if it isn't pointing left.
Shoot Trex ramp or raptor tower shot to initiate smart missile.
Hopefully hit Smart missile and get EB 1.

Spell Map if you haven't already
Point truck to the right.
Collect some rescues.
Capture dino # 2.

Get rescues up to 8.
Point truck left.
Spell MAP
Shoot Trex ramp to start Trex paddock and get your next smart missile.
Choose clear paddock and this will give you EB 2.

Now shoot right ramp and collect EB 3.

This assumes everything goes perfect, but you can still do this if you miss some shots, if you get to Trex paddock but haven't hit 8 rescues yet, that's fine collect some rescues then shoot smart missile and choose clear paddock, or do all the work to capture Trex instead and use the second smart missile for another award.

Optionally during paddock 1, start TRex multiball, capture the dino and 3 rescues during paddock 1, then if still in Trex MB collect the smart missile EB, this will also be somewhat easier as you have a 2nd or 3rd ball you can possibly shoot at the smart missile and also less likely to accidentally start your second paddock.

#20474 4 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

It can be done simpler than that. You can get Extra Ball from the first smart missile just by being in any multiball at that time, since that takes Raptor MB off the list of possible awards. (The Tiltforums rulesheet is slightly wrong, it says earlier options before the EB have to have been collected already, but that's not true, if Raptor MB is unavailable because you're already in a multiball then EB will be there.)

Awesome! Did not realize that, thanks!

2 weeks later
#20538 3 months ago

My may 2022 GZ build has no brackets and the playfield had a lot of play. If I didn't set the playfield down correctly or just after a lot of play the playfield was not even. Instead of drilling holes and putting in the brackets, I took an adhesive small furniture slider, cut it in half and stuck one half on each side of the playfield wood. Have not had any issues with keeping the playfield aligned since. The sliders hold it.

PXL_20231231_013153839.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20231231_013153839.MP (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231230-203333 (resized).pngScreenshot_20231230-203333 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#20685 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Hi guys, I replaced all the rubbers on our JP Prem except one.
The one right behind the right ramp seems to be a difficult one. Is there another option then taking the right ramp out to replace it?

No, but honestly it's not that difficult to do, I did this a few months ago. It's like 5 to 10 minutes of work.

2 weeks later
#20848 73 days ago

Just got to victory laps on visitor center, completed museum mayhem then freaking drained on secure control room. New GC and closest I ever got to escape nublar and when dinosaurs ruled the world. Captured Trex and spinosaurus along the way.

So much fun and frustrating at the same time. That's why this game has been in my collection for 3 years and it's going nowhere.

PXL_20240209_223228605 (resized).jpgPXL_20240209_223228605 (resized).jpg
#20912 67 days ago

No more landscaping of your pinball machines.

Screenshot_20240215-235106 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240215-235106 (resized).png

#20917 66 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Are you kidding? I think the trees give more of a jungle atmosphere and really adds the extra touch to the 3D effect of the playfield.
I put trees in on JP and Congo as well. LOVE IT!

Lol, not kidding. JP just seems to be a special game where people want to cram as much extra stuff as possible into it. Upgrading the raptor tower, swapping out the stock jeep or helicopter blades, seems fine. But all the extra dinos and trees and shrubs, not my style. I like to see the pinball when it is in play. Everyone can do what they want with their machines, no issue there.
I was just having some harmless fun.

#20924 65 days ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Thanks for the chuckle "Upgrading the raptor tower, swapping out the stock jeep or helicopter blades, seems fine." So you defeat your own argument basically saying if people want to add a mod or two (as long as they are the ones I like, seems fine) If placing trees where a ball should not even go is happening to you then you must have some killer upgraded flipper coils. Just saying. If they were meant to ONLY be one way then there would be no need to EVER make a Premium or a LE for that matter. Just saying

Upgrades != adding things to the playfield. I don't like most of the copter or jeep upgrades either, just used them as upgrade examples.

Indy asked if I was kidding, I was not. Wasn't a personal attack on anyone.
I was just busting some balls with my landscaping comment and picture.

Anyone who is getting Jaws, these are only $25 on amazon if you want to add some more fish to your game, would not recommend adding water though.

#20929 65 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I’ve never had any problems seeing the ball move on whatever mod I put in the game. I bought mods that actually made me love the pin more. For instance, the moving Grogu in Mando. So interactive and really makes that boring area fun to me. When the magnet grabs the ball in that area, the modded moving Grogu moves and looks like he’s using the force to manipulate the ball. Look at the movies of JP and most scenes show the dinosaurs in a thick jungle setting. “Clever Girl” ring a bell to anyone?
I always wondered if Stern put in stock plastic trees in the pin originally, would non-modders pull them out? Since you bring up “crowded cheap plastic”, wouldn’t those cheap plastic Factory pieces from Stern Godzilla and Mechagodzilla fall into that category? That’s where me and you are the same but opposite thinking……
Molded toys over cheap plastic pieces? HELL YES!!

I know you were responding to someone else's post but I think things are getting conflated again. While not all of them are to my taste, replacing a cheap or ugly part from stern with a nicer one is not the same as adding a lot of additional things, that for me at least, clutter the game up. You replaced grogu and your version sounds pretty cool. If you want to add every Mandalorian character's action figure to the game then go for it, just not something I would do. While I don't own it, the Lior T-Rex looks much better than the stern one for sure. And on my GZ I did upgrade to the Art of pinball UFO to replace stern's poor looking plastic.

I would agree with you on cheap plastic from stern on several games, people call them out for it all the time, but I wouldn't agree with crowded, but I am sure there are exceptions. Stern (all manufacturers, JJP Toy story cake toppers I am looking at you) make mistakes or opt for cheap plastics.
I have Elvira and Bond and Stern for some reason on each of these games decided to block an insert from view (wire forms in bond, spinner on EHOH), making it hard to notice when it is lit/flashing, so they are not immune to poor choices.

Many scenes in Jaws show the shark in the water, I hope that doesn't mean people fill their pinball machine with water .

Apologies to all, didn't mean to totally derail the thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zorashinoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=zorashinoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.