EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (6 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (6 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 6 years ago

Pirates then Toy Story would be 5 questionable non sure fire titles in a row. One title that's already been done and one title for children.
Where is 007, Beatles, BTTF, Godfather, Guardians etc.

#35 6 years ago

JJP has done an amazing job with themes very few people care about. Imagine what they could do with an all time great theme. They would have sold 3x the number if TH or WOZ was an HP pin. Destroy the Horcruxes to get to Voldemort Wizard mode? Quidditch Multiball? Forget it, it would have been an instant classic.

#90 6 years ago

It won't be the Muppets, it will be Fraggle Rock.
It won't be Back to the Future, it will be Backdraft.
It won't be James Bond, it will be James.Taylor.
It won't be Guardians of the Galaxy, it will be Guarding Tess.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hold on one sec...it's not an opinion. It's a fact that Pixar movies are not kiddie movies for babies. They're legitimate films with (usually) great storytelling & memorable characters that happen to be animated. They're not just TV babysitter fodder.
If *you* don't like them - that's an opinion, and that's fine...I have no reason to argue with you about that...but the appeal of Pixar movies to all ages and all audiences is just a fact. I personally think the Cars movies are pieces of shit...but that's my opinion...the fact that they're hugely popular is something I cannot argue with.

Fact? You really see the target demographic (white men 40-60) being more interested in Toy Story than another more adult theme if they don't have any children in their lives? I like the movies but it is only a "good" theme for me. JJP could really use a slam dunk theme right now.

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Again - broad demographic themes that kids & adults enjoy & resonate with peoples emotions and nostalgia. Toy Story is in the same wheelhouse.

Well if this thread is any indication a Toy Story theme has mixed reactions. JJP need a theme with a huge upside. They have an opportunity to blow the competition away and create their Masterpiece, I sure hope they don't waste it on another questionable theme.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. Eric confirmed it.

Translate please.

#256 6 years ago

It is possible to appreciate pinball and videogames at the same time, right?

1 week later
#288 6 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I don't know why they need to release an R-rated pin, there's a billion great themes and concepts that would be PG-13 at most.

Woz was pg13? They kill some broad right at the beginning and play with her lifeless legs then some underage girl runs off into the woods with some randy old men? Turns out she took the date rape drug or something...

2 weeks later
#364 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Am I the only one with some cash blazing a hole through their pocket spinning around in circles trying to decide on buying a dialed in, star wars, one of these used hobbits floating around for six grand or....JJP #4 ?

Let me know when you see a hobbit for $6k, I haven't.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not an HUO game. That was the one listed for sale at $6100, quick sale, routed game and the beast mechs didn't work... Like new HUO LE's / SE's have been selling in the $6800-$7200 range lately.

Absolutely correct.

#431 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I keep an operational LD player on hand still for Star Wars as it was meant to be.

Star Wars Despecialized HD version. This was how it was meant to be:

http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/id/12713

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I found when running the SVideo out through an HDMI up converter it looked like garbage. Ended up running an SVideo line straight to my projector, bypassing the reciever.... yeah it was no blue ray but was decent.
That despecialized version sounds interesting, will have to read up on it.

It's really a cool story on how they made it and how a group of rabid fans could do what George Lucas refused to do. It's a pretty long rabbit hole learning about it, but incredibly interesting if you're a Star Wars fan. You'll never want to watch any other version ever again. They did it for 4, 5 and 6.

It's my understanding that they used the LD as a blueprint for what the movie should look like. Then they took the 2011 BluRay and a bunch of other sources to re-create an HD version of what the movies looked like originally in Theaters. I have the theatrical editions from 2003(?) that includes a transfer of the Laser Disc. Ultimately though, the Despecialized edition is the way to go. All you have to do is download them for free, throw it on a thumb drive and stick it into your SmartHDTV. No more CGI Jabba, Han shoots first, ghost Anakin is gone, etc.

1 week later
#483 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

My top 5 licenses I like to see:
Beatles
007 (all eras from Connery to Craig)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Breaking Bad
Major League Baseball with all 30 teams(maybe have a pitch and bat mini playfield)

Well you won't see 007 any time soon.

#504 6 years ago

POTC? Why would they do a game about Richie Cunningham's friend, a supporting character at best?

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No in the fact that Rocky doesn;t win at the end, but kind of yes as Rocky kind of sexually assaults Adrain in his apartment in the first one. I mean seriously...whom has seen it lately? Rocky has like 10 knives laying around his place and sticking in the wall...it's a pretty scary place.

He was also an enforcer for the mafia and told Mickey to go fuck himself. Classless...

1 month later
#729 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I think the thing that killed the mood at last year's reveal was the fact the theme had already been leaked here on Pinside. Then once we entered the room we were all handed the Dialed In comic book. So before the cover was taken off the machine, we already had a good idea of what was underneath.
I'm holding out hope that the rumor of game #4 being Pirates of the Caribbean is just a red herring, and that they shock us all with something totally out of nowhere.

Judging by their history they will tease POtC and reveal Golden Girls.

Talk about a company ready to break out with an A+ title...BTTF trilogy might be the best selling game of the last ten years, if released

#732 6 years ago

Thank you for being a friend. Maybe Jersey Jack can come out at Expo singing it, I know I'd sing along.

1 week later
#857 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I'm sure (I hope, at least) JJP has done their homework and demographic based focus groups to find a theme that would maximize both the sales of their units, and operator profits, but I have a hard time believing that PotC would be it.

What in their first three releases, makes you think that they have done any market research at all?

1 week later
#862 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looking forward to the reveal! Let's hope that JJP puts some more showmanship around this reveal and has a better live stream then last years Dialed In reveal.
Dim the lights, turn on the fog machine, have some crazy light show. Jack introduces the JJP team members and then takes the cover off the game while he says "ladies and gentlemen I present to you Jersey Jack Pinballs 4th title....". Something like that, lol.

Last years reveal could not have gone worse. The audible sound of groaning when he announced the price was cringe worthy.

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I wish! JAWS is a dream theme for me, one of only 2 films me, my dad and his dad watched together, good times!

I keep hearing people cry for Jaws. Why? Seriously, how many modes could there be? Get the shark? Ok that's the obvious one. Get people off the beach? That would be fun for a minute. Then what? Comb the beach? Build a bigger boat?

#1291 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So there is hope that for the reveal the lights will dim, fog machine turns on and then Keith appears dressed as Dumbledore (as he's the ultimate pinball programming wizard after all) says a levitation spell and from a platform below the stage a Harry Potter pin rises.

Or, a bunch of awkward unrehearsed speeches followed by the game announcement to a stunned, silent audience. Then comes the price announcement as the audience murmurs their disapproval. All captured by the most choppy/low rez stream you have ever seen. Basically, like last year.

#1480 6 years ago

jesus there's still 5.5 hours!

#1504 6 years ago

I need to stop searching the Interwebz

one (resized).jpgone (resized).jpg

#1558 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Geez how about just waiting a few more hours? You've waited this long.
Am I the only one that didn't go searching for my Christmas presents when I was young?

4+ hours. In internet time that's an eternity!

#2046 6 years ago

SW $3500 by Christmas.

#2378 6 years ago

Can someone post a picture of SW playfield next to a JJPOTC playfield?

#2463 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why don't u guys just stop buying Sterns and STFU up already, its getting boring, I like what JJP is doing and I like what Stern is doing, SW is a great playing game and I'm sure POTC will be great why the need for constant comparison, don't like the features and price then don't buy it.

You do realize there would not be a Pinside without opinions, right?

6 months later
#3731 6 years ago

" There are other ways of keeping the 3-disc mech in the game like having them spin at slow speeds and become a greater part of gameplay as detailed in other threads. Eric knows this. "

How are you aware that slower spinning discs are any kind of solution? Maybe speed is not the issue they're having. Just because Pinside thinks it will work doesn't mean the company who has been working on this problem for a year thinks it will work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4?tu=Rondogg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.