Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 76.
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

My heart would explode, and I'd literally sell every game in my collection to fund it.

You and me both.

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You and me both.

I would be so down with a Zelda game. I was going to re-theme my Hollywood Heat into one, but I'm going with Metroid instead because I feel like rules in a Zelda game would require more nuance.

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

going to need to hide some cash. wife still thinks these are 5-6k toys.
(and prior to that "discussion" she thought they were 1-2k)
ps - happily married 20 years

I'm in the same boat, She thinks my LE is around 5K . . . going on 23 years marriage somehow. I told her SWLE was my final ponball purchase unless BTTF comes out. Looks like I may be in trouble . . . To be continued.

#1054 2 years ago

JJP#4

It's JAWS....

WIDEBODY

"You're Gonna Need A BIGGER Game room !"

156e180af5b39951b377c3d3b256afbbfb974a87.png (resized).jpg

#1055 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

My heart would explode, and I'd literally sell every game in my collection to fund it.

count me in too - I would sell my DI.

#1056 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

JJP#4
It's JAWS....
WIDEBODY
"You're Gonna Need A BIGGER Game room !"

I wish! JAWS is a dream theme for me, one of only 2 films me, my dad and his dad watched together, good times!

#1057 2 years ago

ok, where can we find the steam? sorry, 20 pages here, I'm sure its buried somewhere in there...thanks

#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

ok, where can we find the steam?

No we've switched to the dream journal portion of the thread. Please mention the themes you would love to see but have no chance of being made.

Guys any chance it could be Hudson Hawk? I feel like it might be right after POTC!?!

In for a Kit-Kat LE!!!

kk (resized).jpg

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Please mention the themes you would love to see but have no chance of being made.

I know it's just a pipe dream, but I was really hoping JJP would finally embark on their first music themed game.

AndrewsSisters (resized).jpg

#1060 2 years ago

What's the price increase gonna be?

I'm guessing $8300 for Reg and $9500 for LE

No CE

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm guessing $8300 for Reg and $9500 for LE

Uff that's a big jump for something already that high

#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff that's a big jump for something already that high

That's a poke for sure

Stern is selling LEs for $8500, maybe JJP hikes the Reg up to that price point

They need to produce a real LE this time. Maybe 500?

#1063 2 years ago

Of course there should be a Spinal Tap pin with their album as the backglass:

spinal tap (resized).jpg

It would be the ultimate cap to Stern's seemingly non-stop run of nostalgia music pins. So many possibilities for playfield toys and scoring puns.

#1064 2 years ago

I am selling my left nut to buy more games.

#1065 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I am selling my left nut to buy more games.

Might not be enough. Get the right one ready too

#1066 2 years ago

A JJP of "The Fifth Element" would be an instant buy for me. MULTIPASS MULTIIIBALLLLL.

the-fifth-element-53 (resized).png

#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

A JJP of "The Fifth Element" would be an instant buy for me. MULTIPASS MULTIIIBALLLLL.

A Transporter series pin would be awesome, too.

#1068 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Might not be enough. Get the right one ready too

You're right these price increases. Hmmm

#1069 2 years ago

Oct. 12th (backwards OCT 21st) 2017...

"You're Gonna See Some Serious Shit"

JJP#4 Is taking us back, BACK TO THE FUTURE !

& makes sense... as this thread was started by George.... as in George Mcfly.

BTTF_JJP_mrclean (resized).png

#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I wish! JAWS is a dream theme for me, one of only 2 films me, my dad and his dad watched together, good times!

I keep hearing people cry for Jaws. Why? Seriously, how many modes could there be? Get the shark? Ok that's the obvious one. Get people off the beach? That would be fun for a minute. Then what? Comb the beach? Build a bigger boat?

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Of course there should be a Spinal Tap pin with their album as the backglass:

It would be the ultimate cap to Stern's seemingly non-stop run of nostalgia music pins. So many possibilities for playfield toys and scoring puns.

It's like how much more black could this backglass be and the answer is none.

None more black.

#1072 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It's like how much more black could this backglass be and the answer is none.
None more black.

It's like regular black is 10, but that black goes all the way to 11.

#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I keep hearing people cry for Jaws. Why? Seriously, how many modes could there be? Get the shark? Ok that's the obvious one. Get people off the beach? That would be fun for a minute. Then what? Comb the beach? Build a bigger boat?

Same with "Joe vs. The Volcano"

#1074 2 years ago

I am holding out hope for Toy Story. The theme works great in my house as everyone loves the movies, and MAYBE this will be the game that gets my daughter into pinball. She could give a shit about MM or GB, she liked WOZ but it was too complicated for her to really care.

#1075 2 years ago

...I thought the reveal was tonight dang it.

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

You are a week early.

LTG : )

#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Have you actually seen the movie?

Honestly, there are multiple golf pins. GOLF. And a pretty good fishing pin exists too.

#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I feel like rules in a Zelda game would require more nuance.

Absolute nuance. Just imagine the depth and breadth of the design. Dungeons with puzzle-like shots to make. Secrets in the code, boss battles, non linear progressive rules, and real risk/reward RPG decisions. That'd be a pinball first. Light world/Dark world editions. Fairy in a bottle ball saves. Jeez... it could be the most epic feature rich game since Twilight Zone. And the music. That beautiful music.

C'mon, JJP. I have 2 kidneys, but I only need one. Make it happen.

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

There could always be a bad hat Harry add a ball mode.

th (resized).jpg

#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

What the hell,I did too.I think back in this thread somewhere did this?
Anybody else think it was today also?

#1083 2 years ago

If you go by the book there could be a Hooper and Ellen Brody mode.

#1084 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

ok, where can we find the steam? sorry, 20 pages here, I'm sure its buried somewhere in there...thanks

I think we saw you in chat tonight but here's the stream info for everyone in here

10/12/17 • 8:30 p.m. Central • http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

IMG_0588 (resized).JPG

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the heck,I did too.I think back in this thread somewhere did this?
Anybody else think it was today also?

I think what must have happened was someone said the reveal would be Thursday, referring to the Thursday during Expo, but some of us, myself included, didn't realize that and assumed it would be this Wednesday.

#1086 2 years ago

Dang won’t be able to watch live, I hope they don’t put the title in the stream title for playback, I want the surprise of the reveal.

#1087 2 years ago

I found the local guy with the BTTF modded out Delorean I mentioned in a previous post. After hitting 88 mph on the 59th st bridge, we have already seen the live stream reveal of JJp4. Due to a potential rift in the space/time continuem (that might cause the game to never be released or worse, Kim Jong-Un to be the next host of Apprentice) all I can reveal is that I placed my pre order (and I wasn't even #1 on the list - I think Richey Wrench was!!!). The reveal went well except slightly embarrassing for Jack was that the facial recognition ball launch mechanism didn't work on the machine as intended, and they had to wheel out a second pin to highlight the "feature".

#1088 2 years ago

I am just super pumped to see what Eric has come up with!

he is a super nice guy, the better looking of the brothers , a great player (also the better player of the brothers ), and has a great knack for the mechanical/electrical side of pinball.

The whole family grew up with pinball and still work in it today (honestly the blue collar and hard working story of real pinball if you ask me).

Toss on top of all this that he has be tutored by the cemented best designer in all of pinball ever (yes, Pat cemented that with DI) and Pat has even said that Eric is a big part of the reason DI turned out so solid.

I honestly just am hoping the theme is something that really let Eric shine!

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I found the local guy with the BTTF modded out Delorean I mentioned in a previous post. After hitting 88 mph on the 59th st bridge, we have already seen the live stream reveal of JJp4. Due to a potential rift in the space/time continuem (that might cause the game to never be released or worse, Kim Jong-Un to be the next host of Apprentice) all I can reveal is that I placed my pre order (and I wasn't even #1 on the list - I think Richey Wrench was!!!). The reveal went well except slightly embarrassing for Jack was that the facial recognition ball launch mechanism didn't work on the machine as intended, and they had to wheel out a second pin to highlight the "feature".

Hi, Kaneda!

#1090 2 years ago

Oh please please please be BTTF, please. I need it! That or I think I could take a Weird Al or a Michael Jackson. That would be one tough choice. Maybe you could hit a weird al toy, and it will balloon up like in "I'm Fat". Some UHF themes, Stanley Spedowski.

#1091 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

So. Explain a few modes...

Only use the first 2 films for sure...

Drag the bottom- hit enough lit shots to hook and retrieve the high power cable--- during which you lock balls for "fry the shark multiball" with flasher/shaker/animation lead up similar to sparky in MET

Yellow barrel chase--- try to hit flashing shots as they quickly move across playfield...lock in more barrels(balls) to put flashing shots into groups of 2 then 3

U.S.S. Indianapolis video mode- swim faster than your buddy

Shark cage bash toy-- starts mode where you play as the shark, combo shots advance shark to skier (think IJ tank chase)

Ball drains... "can we go home now"

Moving "pippit" target

Scar battle--- drop targets start macho drunken banter and singing, saucer shot scores broken heart jackpot

Why is the guy in the rowboat barefoot but his severed leg is wearing a tennis shoe mode- shoot lit shots to score a single addidas

Ben Gardner pop up head like MM troll

Fishing follies---spinner accumulates to higher score tiers...start with crush styrofoam with barehands and work up to beer cans...if you fail to reach the first tier (styrofoam cup) Quint tells you your hands are soft from countin' money all yer life

#1092 2 years ago

Don't forget "Spanish Ladies" multiball, lol. Then there needs to be another mode just dedicated to Quint with him yelling at the player, if you fail he gets eaten...

#1093 2 years ago

Speaking of Zelda, it's pretty interesting how Gottlieb dropped the ball on that license (Gladiators) but yet pulled off Mario.
I'm surprised nobody has converted a Gladiators back to Zelda, the playfield is all set up for it already.

#1094 2 years ago

I'm not sure how Jaws, a story that includes adultery between two of the main characters, would really gel with JJP, a company that is more known for it's wholesome, family friendly themes.

#1095 2 years ago

The Matrix...I can only dream. Can’t believe nobody has taken on this theme.

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Speaking of Zelda, it's pretty interesting how Gottlieb dropped the ball on that license (Gladiators) but yet pulled off Mario.
I'm surprised nobody has converted a Gladiators back to Zelda, the playfield is all set up for it already.

Someone is working on that, actually.

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not sure how Jaws, a story that includes adultery between two of the main characters, would really gel with JJP, a company that is more known for it's wholesome, family friendly themes.

They kept it out of the movie, no reason they cant do the same with the game. The violence is on par with TH...

#1098 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

They kept it out of the movie, no reason they cant do the same with the game.

Like it or not, it's still part of the story.

#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like it or not, it's still part of the story.

I'm not a big Jaws fan and probably have only seen it two or three times but I don't remember any adultery, are you talking about the book?

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

are you talking about the book?

Yes. There is a graphic sex scene between Hooper and Mrs. Brody.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 76.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside