FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 76.
#3701 5 years ago

We hobbyists and JJP are united by our passion for pinball. I'm not angry - just confused right now and hoping they change course a bit. That's why we're trying to help figure this out. I want JJP to be strong in the industry and can't see where diskgate and them admitting they can't close a trunk is going to take them. What a mess.

#3702 5 years ago

When you show a prototype and let the public play it, normally the game is improved based on feedback. As with Alien when we replaced that ridiculous spinning Queen chamber with an LCD screen.

There's a lot of talent in the JJP team so I'm sure they'll figure out a solution.

If you can't move forward, move sideways, but don't move back.

#3703 5 years ago

I'm sorry for complaining the discs were noisy I take it back

#3704 5 years ago

IMO, the whirlpool plastic/ramp is kind of lame. Get rid of that. Take the 3 spinning disks and put some artwork on it that looks like a whirlpool. That would take a lot of the coding nightmare out of it and the ball action from the discs would seem like an actual whirlpool.

#3705 5 years ago

Has anyone else noticed how there's little choreography with the games modes and multiballs? While a quick video clip or animation (for multiballs) plays at the start of a mode that's it. I'm not sure if this is due to JJP not being able to use actor voice and actor video or if additional elements for modes are to be added (I hope).

Right now all of the multiballs feel very similar with a unique opening animation playing for each. There doesn't appear to be other unique animations or sounds that make each multiball or mode unique. For example what is in the game to make "On Stranger Tides" multiball feel like that movie? Right now I just see hit inner loops for jackpots on screen. There doesn't appear to be any choreography that advances the story similar to Lord of the Rings and Hobbit or other objective based games that progress through a themes story.

I hope that some more video clips that don't feature the actors are added to the games modes, at least for multiballs and mini wizard modes.

#3706 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Has anyone else noticed how there's little choreography with the games modes and multiballs? While a quick video clip or animation (for multiballs) plays at the start of a mode that's it. I'm not sure if this is due to JJP not being able to use actor voice and actor video or if additional elements for modes are to be added (I hope).
Right now all of the multiballs feel very similar with a unique opening animation playing for each. There doesn't appear to be other unique animations or sounds that make each multiball or mode unique. For example what is in the game to make "On Stranger Tides" multiball feel like that movie? Right now I just see hit inner loops for jackpots on screen. There doesn't appear to be any choreography that advances the story similar to Lord of the Rings and Hobbit or other objective based games that progress through a themes story.
I hope that some more video clips that don't feature the actors are added to the games modes, at least for multiballs and mini wizard modes.

Eric told me last weekend that more light show enhancements, videos, and polish would continue to be added even after production starts, but it will ship with 1.0 code at minimum. I'll post some more info later tonight.

#3707 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Eric told me last weekend that more light show enhancements, videos, and polish would continue to be added even after production starts, but it will ship with 1.0 code at minimum. I'll post some more info later tonight.

Lol, JJP said they would do alot of things with POTC prior to ship so I wouldn't bank on anything assumed at this point. Just sayin.

#3708 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol, JJP said they would do alot of things with POTC prior to ship so I wouldn't bank on anything assumed at this point. Just sayin.

Why ALWAYS so negative. This was direct from Eric. I thought you were no longer interested in JJPOTC as posted numerous times.

#3709 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I thought we were playing pinball, not watching a screen. Do you want a longer animation when there's mutliple balls on the pf?

I think the animations, sound, and lights on this game are stellar.

#3710 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Thanks! Appreciate the info, that's great to hear.

#3711 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Why ALWAYS so negative. This was direct from Eric. I thought you were no longer interested in JJPOTC as posted numerous times.

How is that Negative? The numerous videos showcasing the amazing tested unique features and toys were Also from Eric but as been seen He is not the end decision maker! I think Eric is and Incredible designer and what he has done is Amazing. What the end decision maker says however overrides any and all statements as we have seen. Thats not a negative or rub on Eric, simply an observation of caution as this title is Not etched in stone.

#3712 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I thought we were playing pinball, not watching a screen. Do you want a longer animation when there's mutliple balls on the pf?

Choreography in regards to pinball modes include the animations, video clips, sound effects and music that make up a mode and the placement / timing of each within the mode.

Imagine Fellowship of the Ring multiball in LOTR without the intro animations, no DMD animations when you hit the shots to save the characters, no unique sound effects. That's mode choreography and it helps bring a theme to life to the player.

#3713 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Choreography in regards to pinball modes include the animations, video clips, sound effects and music that make up a mode and the placement / timing of each within the mode.
Imagine Fellowship of the Ring multiball in LOTR without the intro animations, no DMD animations when you hit the shots to save the characters, no unique sound effects. That's mode choreography and it helps bring a theme to life to the player.

These multiballs are SUPER EASY to get to and there are FIVE of them, plus mini wizard modes, wiz mode, and more. Do you want an "animation cookie?" This isn't Valinor.

It's a subjective opinion, but I think the entire presentation on the backglass in regards to modes, progress, et all is fantastic. The sound and lights are as well.

#3714 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

and polish would continue to be added even after production starts, but it will ship with 1.0 code at minimum.

Will this be before or after the Hobbit code enhancements that were promised?

In a rush to get more games sold, it seems JJP is falling a little behind on codework. It might be that they need to hire additional staff to get these projects out of the devlopment stages.

#3715 5 years ago

There's a lot of angry people in Eric's update thread that I haven't caught up on yet, so I'll post a positive update here for those still interested in JJPOTC. I talked to Eric at the MGC show on Saturday and asked a few questions, so this info is as of then. Some of this may have been mentioned in some of the videos - I didn't watch all of those yet.

When I asked about production timing Eric told me that he will be going to NJ to help out with the production line changeover in May, hopefully shipping near the beginning of June. That is what he told me a few weeks ago too, so the estimated timing is still on track since then.

He told me the code would be version 1.0 at minimum (previously mentioned above). All of the modes and game progression will be there, all of the different character advantages will be complete. There would still be some enhancements to light shows, sounds, back box screen graphics/animations, etc that would follow. [I'm guessing it would be similar to where DI is now - just needs some animations, code tweaking, and adjustments here and there.]

Earlier in this thread there was some concern over the ball dropping down that far from the ship upper playfield. Eric said that thick Mylar would be in the drop zone on the playfield surface. There is a ledge under there on the right side where the ball starts to travel through the outer loop arc. The plastic piece on top of that ledge currently will be changed over to metal with a sticker on it.

I asked about the progressions of firing at the other ship on the playfield. There is a weighted value associated with it that is like a basketball 3 point shot. If you shoot into the ship to sink it, it is worth 3 units and multiball starts immediately. If you hit the side of the ship, it's worth 1 unit. After you get the first multiball, the next required units to start that multiball increases. Each time you achieve the ship multiball, the required units keep increasing and get harder to achieve.

I asked if the rocking ship ever changes rocking speeds. In production it will, currently in the prototypes it does not. Some modes will increase the rocking speed and make it even more challenging. The roll angle will increase and decrease with different modes or qualifiers also. The ship itself will have an adjustable linkage for the average tilt/roll angle in case there are variances in parts or builds so you can adjust it to your preference and dial it in. [or make it harder for those that think it is too easy - my input there]

For what it's worth to the angry people, Eric said that he is more disappointed than anyone about the discs. Like what he said in the video, he wanted to make sure that people would not get a pinball machine that had a part that had issues that would need to be replaced.

Anyway ... just some info for those interested.

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Will this be before or after the Hobbit code enhancements that were promised?

A few weeks ago Ted said he was working on the next TH update. My personal unsubstantiated guess would be the update would be in June or maybe July while the JJPOTC starts up production - just a guess. Back then, Ted said the coders were waiting on some animations for DI. So who knows ... maybe the next DI update will be coming too.

My personal take on the discs is that I will wait and see how the production pins play. It would be cool if once they were spinning, an image would appear from the spinning motion. Anyway ... JJP did a great job on the pin ... bummer about the triple spinning discs. I liked those. The trunk at MGC was partially open and the physical ball lock was working just fine the 10+ times that I played it. A non issue for me - that was fine. As a matter of fact, I could see how many balls were locked in case I lost track. I'm not one of those angry people. Disappointed about the multiple discs, but not a show stopper yet. I hope JJP reduces the price to make it an easier decision at this point. Just my opinion.

#3716 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There's a lot of angry people in Eric's update thread that I haven't caught up on yet, so I'll post a positive update here for those still interested in JJPOTC. I talked to Eric at the MGC show on Saturday and asked a few questions, so this info is as of then. Some of this may have been mentioned in some of the videos - I didn't watch all of those yet.
When I asked about production timing Eric told me that he will be going to NJ to help out with the production line changeover in May, hopefully shipping near the beginning of June. That is what he told me a few weeks ago too, so the estimated timing is still on track since then.
He told me the code would be version 1.0 at minimum (previously mentioned above). All of the modes and game progression will be there, all of the different character advantages will be complete. There would still be some enhancements to light shows, sounds, back box screed graphics/animations, etc that would follow. [I'm guessing it would be similar to where DI is now - just needs some animations, code tweaking, and adjustments here and there.]
Earlier in this thread there was some concern over the ball dropping down that far from the ship upper playfield. Eric said that thick Mylar would be in the drop zone on the playfield surface. There is a ledge under there on the right side where the ball starts to travel through the outer loop arc. The plastic piece on top of that ledge currently will be changed over to metal with a sticker on it.
I asked about the progressions of firing at the other ship on the playfield. There is a weighted value associated with it that is like a basketball 3 point shot. If you shoot into the ship to sink it, it is worth 3 units and multiball starts immediately. If you hit the side of the ship, it's worth 1 unit. After you get the first multiball, the next required units to start that multiball increases. Each time you achieve the ship multiball, the required units keep increasing and get harder to achieve.
I asked if the rocking ship ever changes rocking speeds. In production it will, currently in the prototypes it does not. Some modes will increase the rocking speed and make it even more challenging. The roll angle will increase and decrease with different modes or qualifiers also. The ship itself will have an adjustable linkage for the average tilt/roll angle in case there are variances in parts or builds so you can adjust it to your preference and dial it in. [or make it harder for those that think it is too easy - my input there]
For what it's worth to the angry people, Eric said that he is more disappointed than anyone about the discs. Like what he said in the video, he wanted to make sure that people would not get a pinball machine that had a part that had issues that would need to be replaced.
Anyway ... just some info for those interested.

A few weeks ago Ted said he was working on the next TH update. My personal unsubstantiated guess would be the update would be in June or maybe July while the JJPOTC starts up production - just a guess. Back then, Ted said the coders were waiting on some animations for DI. So who knows ... maybe the next DI update will be coming too.
My personal take on the discs is that I will wait and see how the production pins play. It would be cool if once they were spinning, an image would appear from the spinning motion. Anyway ... JJP did a great job on the pin ... bummer about the triple spinning discs. I liked those. The trunk at MGC was partially open and the physical ball lock was working just fine the 10+ times that I played it. A non issue for me - that was fine. As a matter of fact, I could see how many balls were locked in case I lost track. I'm not one of those angry people. Disappointed about the multiple discs, but not a show stopper yet. I hope JJP reduces the price to make it an easier decision at this point. Just my opinion.

If the single spinner is what is actually going to happen. I really hope they at least make it look good because the one in the video is so bad it makes the center of the playfield look like dog shit.

If they make it look good I can probably live with it. At the moment, not a chance in hell.

#3717 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'll post a positive update here

Thanks for the positive update.

But keep in mind there are more reasons that JJP fans are sad and angry here and it's not just about the severity of replacing the centerpiece mech with a stock motor.

What was JJP about as a company? For me it was the fact that they were the "we'll get it right" company and the "won't ship a pin until it reaches its potential" company. It was the "reach for the dream" and the "world under glass" company. I still appreciate my WOZ every time I play it and see more attention to detail that I hadn't noticed before.

They were the boutique pinball company, the Ferarri of pinball or at least we wanted to think of them as that.

For us pinball also represents something ideal in the world - something that still has some magic like how we saw the world when we were young. A time when money and time weren't such a big part of everything - it was about the magic.

Now we all know this last-minute, cut and run rush job is not because they can't do it - it's because of financial concerns - because of time concerns - and they are willing to throw their reputation under the bus (or need to) in order to move forward. Where is Jack? Does anyone else find this a bit strange? Things seem to have really changed at JJP and something is definately going on.

So this represents for me a sad day for pinball because it's the ideal that has died - JJP was a company that stood for something magical - a company that would never compromise and would always get it right no matter what it took.

Frankly, it's sad JJP are probably lying to us about reliability and sound being the main reasons for trashing the main mech - this feels like a friendship that's breaking. Yeah it's for business reasons but the disrespect hurts a bit. There are other ways of keeping the 3-disc mech in the game like having them spin at slow speeds and become a greater part of gameplay as detailed in other threads. Eric knows this.

The ideal for Eric was to put as the centerpiece of the game, 3-rings rotating around each other. Then someone told him to remove it and probably for money reasons.

Yes it will be a fine game anyway - it will be fun because it's pinball.

But for me it's the ideal that has died, the reach for the very best at any cost and this is the first time we've seen JJP cut and run like this with such a massive removal of the main mech and then having Eric tell us that a stock motor is more reliable? Really? And admitting that they can't close a trunk. Really?

So what's at stake here is not just about a spinning disk, it's about what JJP stands for as a company and about WHY EXACTLY do people spend $12,500 on Ferarri pinball.

Anyway, it's just sad to see this play out like this. So again, thanks for the positive news, I'm sure it will be a fine game anyway. I'll play it, Eric will play it, collectors will still buy some of them, but when we look at the center of the playfield we'll all be thinking the same thing.

#3718 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

this is the first time we've seen JJP cut and run like this with such a massive removal of the main mech

I'm sure there have been many cuts before, it's just that we didn't know about them. The Hobbit was originally going to have a dragon which ate the ball, for example.

#3719 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

But keep in mind there are more reasons that JJP fans are sad and angry here and it's not just about the severity of replacing the centerpiece mech with a stock motor.
What was JJP about as a company? For me it was the fact that they were the "we'll get it right" company and the "won't ship a pin until it reaches its potential" company. It was the "reach for the dream" and the "world under glass" company. I still appreciate my WOZ every time I play it and see more attention to detail that I hadn't noticed before.
They were the boutique pinball company, the Ferarri of pinball or at least we wanted to think of them as that.
For us pinball also represents something ideal in the world - something that still has some magic like how we saw the world when we were young. A time when money and time weren't such a big part of everything - it was about the magic.
Now we all know this last-minute, cut and run rush job is not because they can't do it - it's because of financial concerns - because of time concerns - and they are willing to throw their reputation under the bus (or need to) in order to move forward. Where is Jack? Does anyone else find this a bit strange? Things seem to have really changed at JJP and something is definately going on.
So this represents for me a sad day for pinball because it's the ideal that has died - JJP was a company that stood for something magical - a company that would never compromise and would always get it right no matter what it took.
Frankly, it's sad JJP are probably lying to us about reliability and sound being the main reasons for trashing the main mech - this feels like a friendship that's breaking. Yeah it's for business reasons but the disrespect hurts a bit. There are other ways of keeping the 3-disc mech in the game like having them spin at slow speeds and become a greater part of gameplay as detailed in other threads. Eric knows this.
The ideal for Eric was to put as the centerpiece of the game, 3-rings rotating around each other. Then someone told him to remove it and probably for money reasons.
But for me it's the ideal that has died, the reach for the very best at any cost and this is the first time we've seen JJP cut and run like this with such a massive removal of the main mech and then having Eric tell us that a stock motor is more reliable? Really? And admitting that they can't close a trunk. Really?
So what's at stake here is not just about a spinning disk, it's about what JJP stands for as a company and about WHY EXACTLY do people spend $12,500 on Ferarri pinball.
Anyway, it's just sad to see this play out like this. So again, thanks for the positive news, I'm sure it will be a fine game anyway. I'll play it, Eric will play it, collectors will still buy some of them, but when we look at the center of the playfield we'll all be thinking the same thing.

Really? It sounds like good fodder for a country western song, "the Day Pinball Died". I'm sorry that you are so bummed out about it but let's keep some perspective here. Seems like there are much bigger things in the world to worry about than the loss of a triple disc mech or locking trunk mech. Let's tone down bashing JJP and wait to see what happens before we 'mutiny' further. After much initial disappointment I for one am 'willing to stay in the game' for now and give POTC and JJP a chance. I hope others do too.

#3720 5 years ago

Posting this here as well.

I just heard in the first few seconds of Kanedas latest pinball podcast that Eric asked him to postpone, the podcast had been scheduled for Monday morning apparently. Kaneda said that JJP "is clearly going through damage control and figuring out their next move".

#3721 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

You get that emotional over a spinning disc on a pinball machine???? WOW.

#3722 5 years ago

Would the open trunk block the view of the led board in behind it. I thought there was talk of that being integrated into the game as well?

#3723 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

You get that emotional over a spinning disc on a pinball machine???? WOW.

Thanks for adding more content and insight into the conversation. Some of us care about Eric's vision and want to see it fullfilled. I think this artform is a big deal - enough to even post actual content here instead of one-liners about how it's only pinball.

#3724 5 years ago

I think it even states on jjp's website about commitment and playable works of art! I am hoping for jjp as well!

#3725 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Thanks for adding more content and insight into the conversation. Some of us care about Eric's vision and want to see it fullfilled. I think this artform is a big deal - enough to even post actual content here instead of one-liners about how it's only pinball.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers during this trying time.

#3726 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Lol

#3727 5 years ago

Oh ya, I forgot 1 more thing. I asked about what the LE topper would look like. Eric said that they did not get the LE topper from the vendor yet to be able to show it - but should be coming in soon. He said it will be similar to the WOZ 75th RR topper.

#3728 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

I feel the same way spinal. So your not the only one. I do still have hope that jjp will have an answer though.

Your desrcription of jjp is what made jjp who they are. And also what justified the premium price tag. If they lose that value their machines will no longer hold their value which will make their nib customers second guess their initial investment. Aka lose sales. So I really hope they go above and beyond here and try to relight the fire for jjp potc.

#3729 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

f one-liners about how it's only pinball.

You know, the more I think about pinball is hard I get it can’t win em all lol sometimes it is what it is and what it was won’t be so you just kinda gotta roll with it cause at the end of the day hey we just all pinball fans first world problems lol so what 1 ring 3 ring 10 rings let’s not make this a circus guys something fun I like the sausage being made instead of just here you go lol so at least we get a tank instead of exploding cabinet but jack is out of town so don’t count this horse out the race surely he gets last laugh bean counting isn’t even remotely possible guys here’s how I would fix the pizza just reveal toy story and boom frowns go upside down remember reading rainbow with Geordie sorry off topic lol, So remember jjp is an epic company with an epic vision and although we feel slighted at the moment, I truly feel that we are ultimately in good hands!

#3730 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Appreciate it thanks

#3731 5 years ago

" There are other ways of keeping the 3-disc mech in the game like having them spin at slow speeds and become a greater part of gameplay as detailed in other threads. Eric knows this. "

How are you aware that slower spinning discs are any kind of solution? Maybe speed is not the issue they're having. Just because Pinside thinks it will work doesn't mean the company who has been working on this problem for a year thinks it will work.

#3732 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

WORD!

1 week later
#3733 5 years ago

After watching numerous JJP live feeds, I am wondering if the shot under the flipper is used for anything? Does it ever need to be shot? Its such a great shot, I hope it isn’t forgotten about.

#3734 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

After watching numerous JJP live feeds, I am wondering if the shot under the flipper is used for anything? Does it ever need to be shot? Its such a great shot, I hope it isn’t forgotten about.

for the maelstrom multiball superjackpot

#3735 5 years ago

I believe it's also used in chapter shots for tia dalma

#3736 5 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

I have a deposit on an LE. Wait doesn’t matter for me. Get it right

If wait doesn't matter, what is the exact benefit of preordering?

Unanticipated improvements are often integrated into later runs.

1 week later
#3737 5 years ago

I posted the below on the JJPOTC production post as well. Not hating on anything, just wanted to express my interpretation of the recent Center disk mechanism activity that has been shown on the last two live streams.

For those who are excited about this game, believe me I am too.

Also, for those who previously had enjoyed the three separate spinning disks, especially if you had a chance to play them while they were functional, which I did at the Texas pinball Festival, the effect was really, really, really cool.

However, as excited as I am for this game, and will still probably get it no matter what, I have to say that while the new live streams showing the new single disc are demonstrating what I assume is their new concept for how they want it to work moving forward... the way that they have it starting, stopping, going one way briefly, stopping, inch, stop, inch, inch stop the other way, I have to say this: If the three spinning disks was a potentially bad long-term mechanism, when I see the new disc spinning in that kind of puttering fashion, it also looks like a broken mech, right off the bat. I'm sorry, but that's how it looks.
In checking out the newest streams, I would think anyone would agree.
Look, I'm just the little guy, the customer that loves to play Pinball, and one of many that's probably about to somehow shell out a mint for this bad boy, but I'd think something has got to change so it doesn't look like it's just constantly struggling, which frankly, it does.

...But the way that it putters one way, stops, struggle putters the other way, inch, inch stop, etc. ...or if not puttering, it's just still...man, for both of those new streams, it does not look like a adequately functioning mechanism, certainly doesn't look awesome, and no one seems to be enjoying it specifically, did you notice that?...and this time, by design?

Again, I know that is how they are coding it and designing it, but that's just not how it looks. I think that anyone stepping up to that game for the first time and seeing the disc spinning the way they have shown it on these last two streams, they would think that that mechanism was not working right, and maybe they would just be too polite to say anything. I may be alone in this interpretation, but probably not.

No matter what, I think it's a cool game, I think all in all they've done and are doing a really cool job with a really cool theme, it looks awesome, I know I'm probably going to get it, a sweet Pirate game, I mean come on, yeah of course we're all interested in that... I just had to say this, cuz I bet that there's other people thinking the same thing. And I absolutely agree with those people who have posted that the current design at that Center disc area could be much improved upon.

1 week later
#3738 5 years ago

I got to play potc twice this week. Earlier I played it on .30 code, with the volume pretty low. Being a proud JJP fan, my expectations were pretty high, although I wasn’t captivated by the live streams I had seen so far. I think I played a handful of games, and walked away kinda depressed thinking there wasn’t the magic that WOZ had.
Today I played again, and what a difference! I’m pissed I didn’t check the code, but the game must have been updated, and the volume was higher which made for a totally different experience. Everything seemed different, and somehow I played better and ended up having a great time. It was very cool having a few “wow” moments playing today.... the audio is fantastisc and really draws you in. I didn’t really notice the starfield while playing, but think it needs some dressing up so it’s not so plain square looking. Overall my opinion has flipped, and I can’t wait to get this game - again.

#3739 5 years ago

This game was already broken for me by not being allowed to use music and videoclips. But i am surprised about the spinning discs. I agree it should look as good as the original, but one disc is way better than 3.

The crest not closing sucks. That cant be to hard to fix? A bit weird.

Still think this pin will rock on the fun department, but for buying it self it misses to much for me. (So gutted about lacking music)

2 months later
#3740 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'm going to speak up just because I think it is morally the right thing to do since people are making purchasing decisions on REAL expensive toys here. I had a conversation with Eric last week and let's just say that whoever started the "end of summer" rumor led people down the wrong path and isn't valid. Maybe they asked if they ordered then (TPF time frame), when would they get their pin or something like that. JJP and for that matter even Stern don't really try to publicly pinpoint when pins will go into production. We've seen production dates usually slip from all pin manufacturers for whatever reasons. That's likely why no one from JJP has responded on timing in this thread. Do not believe everything you read on pinside, verify the rumor yourself if you can.
I will start a unsubstantiated counter-rumor that you will see some production line changeover photos from JJP near the end of May. Usually production starts after that. Who knows timing may slip, but end of summer was never correct per Eric. DO NOT believe me as pinside rumors are just rumors. Eric will be at MGC next week, ask him yourself and see if the end of summer production START timing ever had any validity. He will probably at least be able to tell you "no" to that. Hopefully this helps with people making purchasing decisions. Depending on where you are on the pre-order list will likely be a bigger factor on when you would get your pin.
Again - don't believe me or anyone else that isn't a JJP employee on JJPOTC production start dates as rumors are just rumors, and stuff happens that could delay things.

It was me that factually stated a conversation that I had with Butch. He was super gracious to talk with me for a while. I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers at JJP by sharing it. I wasn't trying to break a story, but just help people with their expectations. The truth is that Jack said at TPF that it would ship by the end of summer. So it's not like this was a big secret. The reason JJP hasn't given another update is because it appears that is still the timeframe they are operating in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/70#post-4290782

1 month later
#3741 5 years ago

I will just say this... even with all the controversy , 'ring-gate', 'chest-gate', etc... I am DAMN excited to get this game and can't wait for it to ship. This will be my first NIB game and it literally feels like christmas... except I don't know how far away christmas is.

#3742 5 years ago

I second all of that!!

#3743 5 years ago

POTC LE now on the floor at On Tilt @ AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys, CA. Game is amazing and far better than the prototype examples we all played.

IMG_0665 (resized).JPGIMG_0665 (resized).JPG
#3744 5 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

I will just say this... even with all the controversy , 'ring-gate', 'chest-gate', etc... I am DAMN excited to get this game and can't wait for it to ship. This will be my first NIB game and it literally feels like christmas... except I don't know how far away christmas is.

This game's excitement hype shot its wad almost a year ago.

It will now need a lot of actual game-play hype to match any excitement it achieved and lost months ago.

JJP took too long to produce it after the announcement.

3 weeks later
#3745 5 years ago

Played the game (production Version) for the first time today.

First impression:
Shittiest game I've ever played,... or not played, because all full plunges and autoplunges go straight down the middle.
3 games I noticed there's a FIFTH flipper wich would have helped adressing that, but maybe that was just not my day, so I stopped playing.

Spinning Disc has good grip, threw a perfect ball straight down the middle as well. -_-;

Sparrows Face on the Playfield looks a bit greenish,... reminds me of LotR.

#3746 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Shittiest game I've ever played,..

Tell us how you really feel.

#3747 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

First impression:
Shittiest game I've ever played,... or not played, because all full plunges and autoplunges go straight down the middle.
3 games I noticed there's a FIFTH flipper wich would have helped adressing that, but maybe that was just not my day, so I stopped playing.
Spinning Disc has good grip, threw a perfect ball straight down the middle as well. -_-;

First time playing Pirates or first time playing pinball?

#3748 5 years ago

Just caught JJP’s twitch from Thur and everything is coded except final wizard mode. I can’t fathom how the game could be polished further, but as it is version .95 and knowing JJP, it will be. “And that will make the game even better!”, mumbles the man to himself in disbelief.

Joe is my favorite employee to watch play because he is always pushing boundaries. He lit 666666 (maybe started 5 movie multiballs and locked 6 balls?). He always manages to fire a couple of cannonballs and sink a few ships. I really enjoy playing games that allow you to win with one good ball, too (Centaur, BSD and Iron Man come to mind). For instance, Eric scored 60k on ball 1 - a solid but puny effort. On ball 2 he earned 1.5M - high enough to win the match usually. So being able to plan ahead and stacking can give big points. Lots of paths to get there and strategies to be uncovered if you are competing for points. YIPPEE!!

JJPPOTC has more movies, chapters, multiballs, mutliplier types, characters with rules and depth than any pin. There lots of game features ... 5 flippers, 2 ramps, 1 spinning disc, 1 upper playfield that “rocks” plus a large lcd, masquerading as the backbox. Code has a multiball and a wizard mode for each film and players collect gold & treasures, play liars dice and plunder as they progress. There is a compass to show you where to get the biggest points, led starfield map showing shot hints and an lcd that is off the chain good - displaying an interactive map of progress. The game looks fabulous, code is deep and the gameplay smooth. Most importantly, it looks FUN to shoot and to be the type game you’d want to keep for a generation if you bought one. With or without the hype, I’m getting one (excited - one for hype and zero for mankind).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/315496680

#3749 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

First impression:

I had the exact opposite with the spinning disk; it saved balls from draining making the game easier. As for not noticing an upper flipper for 3 games well....

Quoted from Charliew65:

First time playing Pirates or first time playing pinball?

#3750 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I had the exact opposite with the spinning disk; it saved balls from draining making the game easier. As for not noticing an upper flipper for 3 games well....

Noticed 4 of 5 thats 200% of usual.

To my excuse: Was tired The bat is black and since I didn't came to flip the Game I didn't see it directly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.