Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 76.
#2201 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Me either, but Stern charged a bunch more for LE Star Wars with very little extra and everyone gobbled them up (in higher qty).

Agreed, but I think will be a tide change, because if JJP starts firing on all cylinders like this then Stern will not have a premium or LE business, they will be forced to just be a PRO only maker, which is great for pinball, because a pro should be like TSPP anyway.

#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

i was holding on SW, glad i did.

SW looks sad in comparison.

#2203 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Has this been done before? Tilt remaining inserts on the playfield.

Should read: Has this been done before. tilt warnings per game instead of tilt warnings per ball. For someone who likes to rock a game, i didn't consider this innovative.

#2204 2 years ago

Bravo JJP. Job well done.

I do have one wish though.

One day... come out with a Pro model of a pin. As much as I see the tremendous value in your games when compared to your competitors at similar price points, I have never been, and probably never will be that guy that's able to spend $8k-$10k on a pinball.

I for one would love to see what your passion for pinball could produce at the $5k price point.

Cheers. And congratulations on one helluva reveal tonight.

#2205 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Agreed, I am not seeing $3K difference

2600 difference...radcals are included

#2206 2 years ago

I think JJP is making games that look good and play good everywhere. This new POTC is fresh and modern it belongs where everyone can see and play. I will be purchasing a lot of these units so many pinball enthusiasts will be able to play at our locations. Great Job JJP! Stern should be concerned. lower price point or not I rater pay 9K on a game that will earn 600.00+ per week then a game that costs me 5200 and only brings in 200.00+ Bottom line is if you get that urge that you want to play this game when you see it in a video you know it is going to KILL on location. Stern is still good. Its just looking more and more that they are becoming second fiddle.

#2207 2 years ago

And just like that...Stern Pinball becomes Data East again.

#2208 2 years ago

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has just gone from Stern Pro to JJP SE?
5 Flippers, 6 diverters, 5 entrance subway system, huge LCD, amazing animations and the list goes on for 1/2 a mile.

#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, since this is a stern thread now, I'll chime in.
Jjp games are $8500, sterns are $5200.
Stern is still gonna be on top. They are still the only sane choice for operators and they are still gonna outsell jjp in home sales.
Dialed in is great and this looks good too, for a wide body. But all I see these games hurting is sterns LE sales.
Jjp is delivering for their intended customers and market, no doubt.

Pretty sure WOZ did/does well on location. This will do as well if not better. Operators would be dumb to pass on this IMO.

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

looks like JJP POTC just took the wind out of the sails of :
ALIEN - TNA - HOUDINI - TBIRDS

Alien: I would wager that the people waiting on Alien have already put down a deposit, and are predominantly buying it because of the theme. Alien is a dream theme for many, myself included.
TNA: As someone else said, completely different game at a completely different price point. It's a stripped down game and has more akin with an early 80's SS game. The people interested in TNA are not going to be questioning their choice after a POTC reveal. Again, myself included. I put my deposit down on TNA this morning and have zero regrets.
Houdini: Not in on this one, but I do think it's a really great looking game from what I've seen so far. But, having played and owned JJP games, it won't be in the same league. JJP feels polished and while Houdini looks good, it doesn't look JJP good...but it might get there. I would say out of your 4 listed, this one is closest to being hurt by POTC...but, that also assumes people are not interested in Houdini because of theme.
Tbirds: Nah. It's not even close to being in the same league.

The main thing you're forgetting is that many people buy games on theme. I think this new POTC looks great, looks like a fun shooter, lots of polish....but I have no interest in the theme so it will never be in my lineup. Same thing with Toy Story. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat, so JJP is actually handing over business to those other 4 games in many cases.

#2211 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stern is still gonna be on top. They are still the only sane choice for operators and they are still gonna outsell jjp in home sales.

You underestimate how much operators will spend on games with proven earnings.

Now, this doesn't have proven earnings yet, but there was a reason that MM was a $6k+ game when NIB Sterns were $3kish.

The price on this is very much in line with a brand new video arcade game. On one hand, those games (vids) require less maintenance, but on the other the residual sale price is significantly lower on vids than on pins.

If this earns well, it'll sell to ops. Easily.

#2213 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Should read: Has this been done before. tilt warnings per game instead of tilt warnings per ball. For someone who likes to rock a game, i didn't consider this innovative.

Sure Woz has it, default but you can set it to ball.

#2214 2 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Alien- I'll believe it when that ship gets here and things work
TNA - Different game, at a different price point, totally awesome and well proven
Houdini - Let's see when it actually starts shipping and we see reviews
TBIRDS - Let's see when it actually starts shipping and we see reviews.

i believe everyone knows ALIEN/TNA/HOUDINI/TBIRDS didn't have much wind in their sails to begin with. regardless, with JJPPOTC as an option, people will be viewing any alternative in a lesser light. i don't believe people are going to be buying this game for the beats and a lightshow.

#2215 2 years ago

I just lost all interest in all remakes also..... they just dont hold a candle to the new stuff jjp is coming out with imo. I am actually selling my classics bc after getting dile they dont get played anymore. I love what jjp is doing and its what b/w wld be building if they were still around today....

#2216 2 years ago

I just picked up Woz and I’m not sad about that but I’m also on for TNA which looks great but I’m kind of sad I can’t get JJPotc too. But at least they’re going to be selling for years anyway I’ll get to see how it shakes out.

#2217 2 years ago

I love my star wars LE and I will never sell it. But after seeing this new POTC by JJP I went in my game room and kicked it in the ASS.

#2218 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sure Woz has it, default but you can set it to ball.

sorry, thought DI was the first to feature tilt warnings per game and didn't know it was owner adjustable. no harm, no foul.

#2219 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Alien: I would wager that the people waiting on Alien have already put down a deposit, and are predominantly buying it because of the theme. Alien is a dream theme for many, myself included.
TNA: As someone else said, completely different game at a completely different price point. It's a stripped down game and has more akin with an early 80's SS game. The people interested in TNA are not going to be questioning their choice after a POTC reveal. Again, myself included. I put my deposit down on TNA this morning and have zero regrets.
Houdini: Not in on this one, but I do think it's a really great looking game from what I've seen so far. But, having played and owned JJP games, it won't be in the same league. JJP feels polished and while Houdini looks good, it doesn't look JJP good...but it might get there. I would say out of your 4 listed, this one is closest to being hurt by POTC...but, that also assumes people are not interested in Houdini because of theme.
Tbirds: Nah. It's not even close to being in the same league.
The main thing you're forgetting is that many people buy games on theme. I think this new POTC looks great, looks like a fun shooter, lots of polish....but I have no interest in the theme so it will never be in my lineup. Same thing with Toy Story. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that boat, so JJP is actually handing over business to those other 4 games in many cases.

Agree - first wo are well aliens - which is a dream for many, tna, is just a different type of game - i honestly think this is going to kill starwars sales, though. I was seriously considering sw, but id rather this. Maybe if they announce guardians with a gb level of build maybe..

#2220 2 years ago

The only thing stopping me from being on the phone putting my order in for this game first thing in the morning is the price of it. This game looks effing sick!!! God it’s just beautiful and looks so damn fun. If this game was priced like a Stern Premium, it would hurt Stern I’m telling you right now. I just can’t get over how awesome this game looks......WOW.

Talk about stealing the show, holy crap!

#2221 2 years ago

I missed the stream - it isn't available on twich - anyone know where I can see it?

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Agree - first wo are well aliens - which is a dream for many, tna, is just a different type of game - i honestly think this is going to kill starwars sales, though. I was seriously considering sw, but id rather this. Maybe if they announce guardians with a gb level of build maybe..

Absolutely, this blows SW away, and while everyone in here is chanting the death of Stern, Stern just needs to put out a less stripped down game on their next title and the tune will change yet again. For me, I'm just happy that the problem we have today in pinball is too many games lol.

#2223 2 years ago

Well that was fun Here's the YouTube archive if you missed it live:

#2224 2 years ago

What if Stern came back with a 1k price cut on Star Wars across all models? That would be interesting...

I would still pick JJPOTC. Congratz again, Eric and JJP team!

#2225 2 years ago

I think TNA is being bought by people with decent sized collections who want something different.

TNA is not a mass appeal big sales pin like SW or GB.

I think TNA has enough going for it but if someone wanted a pin with a lot going on JJPotc would be the pick over any Stern offering.

#2226 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

JJP code 20% = Stern 100%
JJP is kicking Sterns ass.

#2227 2 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

What if Stern came back with a 1k price cut on Star Wars across all models? That would be interesting...

I still wouldn't buy one due to lack of mech features alone

#2228 2 years ago

I watched the Stern panel, and they commented on:

1. How difficult it was to release code updates, and how much pride they have in their software. I know JJP has far fewer games, but the code being done is 'light years' ahead of Stern. Almost laughable.
2. They mocked wide body pins and said that they can't do them because: they have too many things in them to raise costs and they have to make sure they (Stern) make money to make more pins. I get that for sure, but wow - they are saying we focus on profits first. I am sure they wouldn't have said that if they had seen JJPs pin that rocked the industry again just an hour later.
3. Contrast that to JJP where they are focused on the customer, gaming experiences like non other in pinball, and drive the make the best value game in the business. Customers first with excellence is the message.

I really like Sterns pins, and they will be fine. But JJP keeps raising the bar again and again.

#2229 2 years ago

Can someone explain the cannon feature? Is there a T2 type cannon on this game?

#2230 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dialed in is great and this looks good too, for a wide body.

DI is a standard body.

#2231 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Absolutely, this blows SW away, and while everyone in here is chanting the death of Stern, Stern just needs to put out a less stripped down game on their next title and the tune will change yet again. For me, I'm just happy that the problem we have today in pinball is too many games lol.

True! Good problem to have, the thing on the vs stern portion is you cant forget jjp pins are nearly double the price..

#2232 2 years ago

SW is just a couple ramps and orbit. Nothing much going on. Pirates on the other hand... WOW. So what is the new official acronym for jjp pirates?

#2233 2 years ago

How do the different combinations on the 3 spinning discs work??

#2234 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Well that was fun Here's the YouTube archive if you missed it live: » YouTube video

Thanks for streaming that, if I have any suggestions for next time it is (and this falls on JJP or Stern or whoever is doing the actual presentation) have a connection directly to the monitor output they are presenting or a copy of the presentation available to you so we can actually see it. You guys did a great job considering the challenges and with only a few hiccups, thanks again!!

#2235 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

SW is just a couple ramps and orbit. Nothing much going on. Pirates on the other hand... WOW. So what is the new official acronym for jjp pirates?

Jpoc, or would that be too close to jpop

#2236 2 years ago

SW LE just a bit more than POTC Standard. Hmmm, tough choice...

But SW has the accelerator from Getaway HS2 from 1992 that isn't even really featured in any Star Wars movie so have to go with that

#2237 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How do the different combinations on the 3 spinning discs work

They help randomize different things so there's more options and variety available in the gameplay. Some things were "plunder an opponents ball" and different scoring multiplier combos, etc. So instead of 1 disc landing on something, it's a combination of where all 3 discs land to get the end result.

#2238 2 years ago

I loved how one character was set to "easy mode" so you can get through the chapters quicker/easier but your score takes a hit for that choice. Keith rocks!

#2239 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, since this is a stern thread now, I'll chime in.
Jjp games are $8500, sterns are $5200.
Dialed in is great and this looks good too, for a wide body. But all I see these games hurting is sterns LE sales.
Jjp is delivering for their intended customers and market, no doubt.

It isn't a fair comparison for Stern Pros to any JJP. Prem to JJP it's $7200 to $8500, and at that level it's clear to see Stern is ripping people off compared to JJP. There are a couple JJPs on the route I help with and they are usually top 3 or top 5 earners each month at a straight $1/play. They pay for themselves about as fast as pros at 75 cents or 3/$2, and in the end the playfield doesn't look like garbage and the cabinets haven't split. I'm *assuming* resale will be higher as a result, but we'll see when we get there.

Quoted from pcprogrammer:

jPotC? PotC+?

#2240 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

They help randomize different things so there's more options and variety available in the gameplay. Some things were "plunder an opponents ball" and different scoring multiplier combos, etc. So instead of 1 disc landing on something, it's a combination of where all 3 discs land to get the end result.

Are there shots or standup targets to hit to get them to randomize?

#2241 2 years ago

Still think JJPotC

#2242 2 years ago

I think straight up Pirates.

#2243 2 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

I would still pick JJPOTC. Congratz again, Eric and JJP team!

If they took 1K off the game price we would barely get a single star wars logo The Tie fighter would not bobble and the monitor would display in black and white. (With a color upgrade option)

#2244 2 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Pretty sure WOZ did/does well on location. This will do as well if not better. Operators would be dumb to pass on this IMO.

I'm an operator and there isn't a chance in hell I'd spend that kind of money for a route game. WOZ wasn't 9k+ either.

#2245 2 years ago

For Stern its a race to the bottom, for JJP its a race to the top. At least they're not competing anymore.

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I'm an operator and there isn't a chance in hell I'd spend that kind of money for a route game. WOZ wasn't 9k+ either.

I assume you don't route newer games? That's fine (I have a lot of friends who op older games), but for those that do, this price isn't crazy. At all.

The new Cruisn game is ~$9k.

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

WOZ does ok. But we're back to Medieval and Attacks doing better and being 20 years old and cheaper and easier to deal with. I don't see this doing any better than WOZ. 10+ year old themes past their prime do nothing for location pinball that MUST appeal to the masses. I'm having flashbacks of the late 2000s when Stern thought is was ok to bring out 24, CSI, and even Wheel of Fortune all way past their prime. It was not ok.

#2248 2 years ago

Looks interesting but I'm just seeing it now. Pretty cool shit going on for sure.

So seems everyone has decided this is like the Hobbit reveal that was going to end Stern and not like the DI reveal that was going to end JJP? Hopefully it's a hybrid and people are happy with the reveal and the game itself.

How many people have been complaining aboot having to hit the action button?

#2249 2 years ago

IMG_20171012_222011661 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171012_222006900 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171012_220446449_HDR (resized).jpg

#2250 2 years ago

That thing's awesome!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Redmond, WA
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 189.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Novato, CA
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 76.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside