FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 76.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Everyone who is 30+ I know (99 percent of people that can afford a pin) knows what a Dolorean is.

Broken down antique cars that barely run anymore? Or a one off that was the dream of a coke head?

#52 6 years ago

I heard they worked on the bond license really hard, but that the licensor had crazy rules like not using video assets and some other oddball requests. Hope they get it worked out because bond would be great.

#53 6 years ago

Based on inside knowledge I have, the next title will not be TOY STORY!!!

#54 6 years ago

I mean that's cool and all, but anonymous unsourced "inside info" on the internet doesn't do much for anybody.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I am however a bit worried about the current lack of overall interest in the theme. Seems like the potc ship has sailed a bit.

That's cause when BTTF comes up in a thread everyone goes nuts. You want to sell some pins then go with BTTF. And you can make 3, one per movie. I'd buy all 3 for sure.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Alright, I'll bite... What would you consider a modern day classic that lives on that would be a better pinball theme than BTTF? Stranger Things? Wonder Woman? 13 Reasons Why?
The problem today is that we have so many entertainment options that everything is typically gone and forgotten within a few years'. It wasn't that way in the 80's. Pretty much all the good theme choices are for things that existed in the 80's and 90's. I could see a new Nintendo (Mario or Zelda) or something like TMNT being a good choice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/themes-i-would-like

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Doing a POTC without Depp is like doing Harry Potter without freggin Harry Potter.

Didn't they do Hobbit without Gandalf?

#58 6 years ago
#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Didn;t they do Hobbit without Gandalf?

No, he talks a ton in the game. (the sound alike is really good to be honest)

#60 6 years ago

However, I would like to hear more Smaug, Thorin and Bilbo.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

No, he talks a ton in the game. (the sound alike is really good to be honest)

They also have video footage and movie dialog from him.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Alright, I'll bite... What would you consider a modern day classic that lives on that would be a better pinball theme than BTTF? Stranger Things? Wonder Woman? 13 Reasons Why?

Fast & Furious movie franchise. X-Men movie universe (including Logan and Deadpool). Resident Evil movie franchise (loads of high quality special effects footage for a true R rated horror/zombie based theme).

#63 6 years ago

Only in the future will the answer be known...

BTTF_Arrival (resized).JPGBTTF_Arrival (resized).JPG

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Eric Meunier, the game designer, says it will debut at Chicago Expo. It's been flippable since November. Playfield layout is pretty ironed out. No other secrets revealed. He put this out at RMPS.

He also said he just had to remove his favorite toy for cost reasons.

As for no Depp, apparently JJP can't reference the Black Pearl either. (Not from Eric, but another source).

#65 6 years ago

My vote is 100% BTTF, for a number of reasons.

Reason 1 - Getting a license for it should not be too challenging and most likely fairly cost effective being that it is an old franchise. I'd assume Universal would love the idea of bringing back some BTFF merchandising income from a pin.

Reason 2 - Callouts and toys could be awesome! With three movies with drastically different environments to choose from. I could potentially see the playfield encompassing parts from each movie in "regions" on the playfield.

Reason 3 - Parter with the parkinson disease foundation A.K.A MJF foundation and possibly donate a portion of the precedes. This would raise the bar ASTRONOMICALLY for whatever manufacture took this on, JJP etc... The PR and market exposure alone would be worth its weight in gold.

My 2 cents

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

JJP has done an amazing job with themes very few people care about. Imagine what they could do with an all time great theme. They would have sold 3x the number if TH or WOZ was an HP pin. Destroy the Horcruxes to get to Voldemort Wizard mode? Quidditch Multiball? Forget it, it would have been an instant classic.

I couldn't agree more. If they ever do a home run theme they would crush it. Potc and Toy Story are just ok

Like you said, Beatles, 007, Harry Potter etc

Theme matters a lot

And Tiger adds, Fast and Furious, Xmen all stars, Resident Evil, Guardians of Galaxy

Blade runner, Haunted House

Or go down with ship on Muppet type themes

#67 6 years ago

Don't bother. Save your breath. Most here are only interested in nostalgia and pricey games that can remind them of their youth.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

He also said he just had to remove his favorite toy for cost reasons.
As for no Depp, apparently JJP can't reference the Black Pearl either. (Not from Eric, but another source).

Stern POTC kinda worked without the movie assets because they had a good Depp sound-alike and the great ship toy. JJP's display relies on movie assets....so, to not have Capt Jack doing stuff on there is a huge detriment to getting the license for a modern LCD pin. They better have some other incredible tricks up their sleeves, a killer layout and a toy cooler than Stern's POTC ship....

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

And you can make 3, one per movie. I'd buy all 3 for sure

Hopefully not the western one...Yuck!

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Do you watch BTTF pretty often? Sit around and reminisce about it? Sorry, but some "classics" live on, and some fade away.

It may be off YOUR radar, but BTTF is HUUUUUUUUGE. My friend bought a Delorean, turned it into a movie-accurate BTTF Time Machine, and started a business www.rentthedelorean.com ...he's booked non-stop for all kinds of events, making crazy money from people who lose their shit when they see this car.

#71 6 years ago

I'm glad people are excited about BTTF, but I'm just not. If it's a good game, I'll play it a lot. If it's a great game, I'll buy it. But, the theme is still lame.

#73 6 years ago

It's the one on the left.

#74 6 years ago

Nvm. Back to the Future

Semi lame but better than the other options discussed

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Do you watch BTTF pretty often? Sit around and reminisce about it? Sorry, but some "classics" live on, and some fade away.

Actually yes I do, and yes I do even more. I'm not alone. BTTF is one of the biggest nostalgic properties there is. Its easily one of the most beloved franchises from the 80's. BTTF would be huge in the main pinball demographic right now.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They better have some other incredible tricks up their sleeves, a killer layout and a toy cooler than Stern's POTC ship....

Was thinking about this. What could be a cooler toy than the POTC Ship?

So far the only thing I can come up with is the scene in the Disney ride where the ship and the fort are firing at each other. Somehow have cannons (Williams Big Guns style) fire at each other. Come up with a decent ship design, and some sort of modified MM castle/fort and having these things fire locked balls (or maybe smaller balls like in FG Stewie pinball).

Also I recall a giant whirlpool in one of the movies. Perhaps have a funnel open up on the PF which takes you to a lower "underwater" PF.

It's going to be hard to top Stern's POTC ship.

#77 6 years ago

I'd go with either Forbidden Planet or The Time Machine.... Cool monsters, great machine, Yvette!

time_machine_yvette_and_m (resized).jpgtime_machine_yvette_and_m (resized).jpg
ray bradbury time machine (resized).jpgray bradbury time machine (resized).jpg
time machine Lei (resized).jpgtime machine Lei (resized).jpg

#78 6 years ago

A Weena LE!

#79 6 years ago

Why not just a straight up De Lorean theme?

343059_5_ (resized).jpg343059_5_ (resized).jpg

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I mean that's cool and all, but anonymous unsourced "inside info" on the internet doesn't do much for anybody.

CNN made a network by doing that

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

It's the fuel that keeps the Pinside Forums running.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Was thinking about this. What could be a cooler toy than the POTC Ship?
So far the only thing I can come up with is the scene in the Disney ride where the ship and the fort are firing at each other. Somehow have cannons (Williams Big Guns style) fire at each other. Come up with a decent ship design, and some sort of modified MM castle/fort and having these things fire locked balls (or maybe smaller balls like in FG Stewie pinball).
Also I recall a giant whirlpool in one of the movies. Perhaps have a funnel open up on the PF which takes you to a lower "underwater" PF.
It's going to be hard to top Stern's POTC ship.

Hologram pirate ghosts, big hologram ghost ships, kracken, deeper code and of course a full LCD with epic sounds and clips from the movies. Stern's is good, but for some reason it isn't known as one of their all time best. IMO it's a high second tier stern. If I'm a potc fan, and I am, I want to see what a jjp potc game looks like.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Hologram pirate ghosts, big hologram ghost ships, kracken, deeper code and of course a full LCD with epic sounds and clips from the movies. Stern's is good, but for some reason it isn't known as one of their all time best. IMO it's a high second tier stern. If I'm a potc fan, and I am, I want to see what a jjp potc game looks like.

I think the hologram thing is played out. Found myself disappointed to see it on Dialed In right after GB.

#84 6 years ago

JJP BTTF would even make me open my very, very squeaky wallet.

#85 6 years ago

I think it's best if we all just expect a terrible theme where they can't use the likeness of anybody. Then we may be pleasantly surprised.

#86 6 years ago

They just need to do smokey and the bandit and forget all others!

#87 6 years ago

JJP Guardians of the Galaxy would of been epic!!

#88 6 years ago

I hope JJP doesn't do music theme pins. I would like to continue to see original themed pins or atleast licensed pins that haven't been done yet. I love JJP machines, their quality and support is fantastic, with that said I'll most likely buy what ever they crank out.

#90 6 years ago

It won't be the Muppets, it will be Fraggle Rock.
It won't be Back to the Future, it will be Backdraft.
It won't be James Bond, it will be James.Taylor.
It won't be Guardians of the Galaxy, it will be Guarding Tess.

#91 6 years ago

new cars movie is coming out...........

#92 6 years ago

I think that out of everything I've seen mentioned in this or similar threads, Harry Potter would be an absolute smash hit mega seller.

I know I'm a broken record but I'd seriously buy two or three LEs/CEs of a JJP Man of Steel or even Justice League (in a few years after the movies are done) pin; or anything with Superman really.

Other themes that I would like: Guardians of the Galaxy, Princess Bride, Willow, Goonies, Neverending Story, Labyrinth, Predator, Doom (may be better without an LCD screen), Queen, Space Balls, Monty Python Holy Grail.

BTTF or POTC would be OK and I would probably consider them if the game play was good but not on theme alone.

The Beatles don't do a lot for me and good luck getting the license but I am sure it would be a huge hit.

I'm not sure I can imagine a 007 JJP pin. It seems difficult to mix all of the different eras and actors. Bond is great and I know this is one of the longest running franchises ever but I can't imagine it being a good pin, especially with video on a JJP pin.

Toy Story? Muppets? Heck no. No kid's cartoon or puppet themes, please.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

Toy Story? Muppets? Heck no. No kid's cartoon or puppet themes, please.

But Neverending Story is okay? That's VERY kiddie, and not a very good movie, compared to something like Toy Story.

#94 6 years ago

Whatever he does I'm buying number four and five

#95 6 years ago

Potc

IMG_9702 (resized).PNGIMG_9702 (resized).PNG

#96 6 years ago

Digital Playgrounds pirates sounds like a great theme

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Forbidden Planet

Forbidden Planet? I'm in, take my money now.

#98 6 years ago

Based on the 3 current games from JJP we will not see any adult oriented games. JJP makes games for the family.

#99 6 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy would be an insta-buy for me. A DC or Marvel universe type of pin could work, but I'd worry about the whole package being cohesive enough to be at least good.

HP would be a huge hit, and probably a buy for me even though I'm not a big fan of the HP franchise. So much to work with... Potential to be absolutely EPIC.

Doubt I would buy Toy Story, but a new POTC would interest me. No Bond, BTTF or music themes please.

Looking to seeing what's next no matter!

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Guardians of the Galaxy would be an insta-buy for me.

Looks like you're buying a Stern, then!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.