Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by mrclean
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F3BB2C7D-AFD7-464F-A54A-F3C7860E6CD4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1060 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0330 (resized).jpeg
    4C63EF37-1CA6-4E8F-AA30-33F50501468E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4443 (resized).jpeg
    johnny_jaws (resized).png
    c76dccee7a5825be5316f35316161f5aafd278d1 (resized).jpg
    Jaws (resized).jpg
    456426F9-0F96-4FE7-9815-90F26AC248BD (resized).jpeg
    plausible (2).jpg
    pmcq-header.jpg
    KISS_MY_JAWS.png
    JAWS.jpg
    PhiladelphiaInquirerJuly151916.gif
    Jaws29.jpg
    33f953c.jpg
    There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 8 years ago

jaws_40th_anniversary_logo.pngjaws_40th_anniversary_logo.png

This is the place to tell Stern what you want to see when they make JAWS... pitch your idea's perhaps you might just see it in game !

Music... Yes we all know the iconic John Williams score will play throughout the game, but other songs from the soundtrack are actually really great... such as "Out to Sea".

I'll start simple with some CALL OUTS....

Tina "ShhhhshhhSHAARRRRK"

Brody "You're Gonna need a bigger boat"

Hooper.."Well this is not a boat accident! It wasn’t any propeller! It wasn’t any coral reef! And it wasn’t Jack the Ripper! It was a shark.”

Hooper: “That’s a 20 footer.”
    Quint: “25! And three tons of him!

Chief Brody: “Smile you son of a…BITCH!”

Fisherman: “What kind of shark?”
    Hooper: “Tiger Shark.”
    Fisherman: “A Whaaaaattt?”

Ball drain...
    Chief Brody: “I used to hate the water.”
    Hooper: “I can’t imagine why.”

#2 8 years ago

Quint: Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity.

Quint: Anti-shark cage. You go inside the cage?
    Cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water. Our shark.

Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again.

Brody: "Slow ahead." I can go slow ahead. Come on down here and chum some of this $h1t.

#3 8 years ago

Some toy suggestions:
    1) Three buoys, you hit them and they sink into the playfield. Only to reappear a few minutes later.
    2) A fin that goes across the playfield (like the mist ball in BSD). Hit it for extra points.
    3) A mini scuba tank that blows up when hit
    4) Ball lock goes through the jagged hole in the bottom of a boat.

ken

#4 8 years ago

Chief Brody : "You're going to need a bigger boat "

Quint : "Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept her virginity; not a bad record for this vicinity."

Quint : "Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women."

Quint : "This shark, swallow you whole."

Quint : "Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Christine : "GOD HELP ME, PLEEEAAAAASE!" ( first shark victim in the movie )

Hooper : " Let me guess. Mother! [laughs]"

LTG : )™

#5 8 years ago

Hooper: Boys, oh boys... I think he's come back for his noon feeding.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Yellowdog:

Some toy suggestions:

2) A fin that goes across the playfield (like the mist ball in BSD). Hit it for extra points.

Nice idea !... Or could be on the back plastic area like in KISS... as it moves slowly that would certainly be a perfect time for the duh dun music...

#7 8 years ago

I would love to see a giant white shark come up from the playfield!

#8 8 years ago

Sharks.

#9 8 years ago

Hooper: You know those 5 guys in the fan tail launch outside? Well none of them are gonna get out of the harbor alive...

Hooper: I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a man who's lining up to be a hot lunch.

Why not change things around.. play as the shark instead of say brody.

Your objective is to eat chrissy, ben gardener, alex kitner, The boyscout leader (Estuary guy), Quint, etc..

Each one could be a different mode

#10 8 years ago

pmcq-header.jpgpmcq-header.jpg

Quoted from nintendo:I would love to see a giant white shark come up from the playfield!

good idea... I thought it would be neat to play inside JAWS mouth / body similar to a sub playfield on AC/DC... Well my photoshop skills suck.. but you get the concept...
    JAWS_SUBPLAYFIELD.jpgJAWS_SUBPLAYFIELD.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Just a guess maybe with some boat graphics on the playfield and Jaws lifts from under the playfield at the back of the boat, as a bash toy. maybe similar to Iron Monger

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

good idea... I thought it would be neat to play inside JAWS mouth / body similar to a sub playfield on AC/DC... Well my photoshop skills suck.. but you get the concept...
    JAWS_SUBPLAYFIELD.jpg

Yes, that can definitely work as well! This way we can have what Yellowdog suggested:

"2) A fin that goes across the playfield (like the mist ball in BSD). Hit it for extra points."

Hell yeah!

#13 8 years ago

Needs lcd screen for movie clips

Callout when ball drains "can we go home now"
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-3Xcwbu2bJht2b/jaws_1975_nighttime_shark_hunting_part_2/

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Needs lcd screen for movie clips
    Callout when ball drains "can we go home now"

In the event it doesn't get an LCD screen... which I believe "Star Wars" will be the first Stern game to have it... The DMD animations can be great... Killing a water skiing chick... nomming on a scuba diver while he tries taking photos (of which the LED's on the table can simultaneously flash representing the flash from the camera),harpooning / shark shocking video mode...

#15 8 years ago

"You guys ok ova der?"

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Newstrish:

"You guys ok ova der?"

Hey what's up Long Islander!... Not to get far off topic... but what I love about Sharks is they are certainly real....

... for what it's worth this was found on Long Island..... not that long ago

26ft 5,0000lb Basking Shark !!!

Although considered harmless... Still another reason for me not to swim in the ocean...
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/14/new.york.shark.beached/

basking_shark_long_island_3.jpgbasking_shark_long_island_3.jpg

Oh yeah getting back on topic perhaps a Fin topper which is actually included with the game, not as an accessory!.. Perhaps on the LE it would raise up and down throughout time during the game / attract mode. It can easily be hidden since it's essentially flat

#17 8 years ago

<blockquote cite="#2461372"
    Your objective is to eat chrissy, ben gardener, alex kitner, The boyscout leader (Estuary guy), Quint

dont forget pippet...
    2015-05-20-13-38-39--1725894009.jpeg2015-05-20-13-38-39--1725894009.jpeg

#18 8 years ago

If Jaws is really happening, then that is a pin to get excited about. Pretty universal appeal, classic and just a neat theme.

......^.........................................................................
    <"
    <..........y.........../>

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

If Jaws is really happening, then that is a pin to get excited about. Pretty universal appeal, classic and just a neat theme.

over the course of the past few hints from Stern one would think it's really happening...

#20 8 years ago

What everyone doesn't know is its another music themed pin.
    Its not Jaws its this.......

jabberjaw_650x300_a01_12042.jpgjabberjaw_650x300_a01_12042.jpg
    #21 8 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

What everyone doesn't know is its another music themed pin.
    Its not Jaws its this.......

Good, no photoshopped PF!

#22 8 years ago

Tilt callout can be the boy with the fake dorsal fin saying 'he made me do it'

#23 8 years ago

Can they have pointy drop targets / teeth to get behind / ball-lock into JAWS Multiball Mouth ?.. Kinda like Indiana Jones with the idol drop targets.
    teeth.jpgteeth.jpg

#24 8 years ago

Add a barrel = add a ball in yellow barrel multiball

#25 8 years ago

PLEASE stern make this game......
    (And then make Iron Maiden )

#26 8 years ago

So I would ASSume we'fe got photoshop PF, digitized video for animations, maybe pulled audio clips.
    All time classic movie but doesn't seem overly exciting to me.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

when they make JAWS

LOL

Quoted from mrclean:

In the event it doesn't get an LCD screen... which I believe "Star Wars" will be the first Stern game to have it...

Next game (Steve Ritchie's...most likley GOT) will have the new display. Jack has hinted that he has the SW license.

#28 8 years ago

Show me the way to go home. I'm tired and I wanna go to bed. I had a little drink over an hour ago and it's gone right to my head.

#29 8 years ago

- 3 yellow barrel pop bumper configuration

- Only recognize the first film (the only one IMHO)

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

- 3 yellow barrel pop bumper configuration
    - Only recognize the first film (the only one IMHO)

JAWS 2 I actually thought was decent...& did have this great memorable quote...

Martin Brody: But I'm telling you, and I'm telling everybody at this table that that's a shark! And I know what a shark looks like, because I've seen one up close. And you'd better do something about this one, because I don't intend to go through that hell again!

#31 8 years ago

If they did make this game, it would have to have a lower playfield. They could use the projector like they did in Star Trek and make it look like the lower playfield was in the water with the projector on its playfield with moving water.

#32 8 years ago

Increase the number of LE'S for JAWS / Star Wars ?!

In the recent posts regarding the KISS LE's being sold out ULTRA quickly... I'm sure JAWS will also create the same type of must bite... What's the trick to obtaining such a hot title... I'm sure this will also happen when Star Wars is released.
    Jaws-line.jpgJaws-line.jpg
    jaws-state-1975-2.jpgjaws-state-1975-2.jpg

#33 8 years ago

Can art can be beaches of Amity and cast for Pro, shark, beaches and cast for premium, Orca boat stern and sides for LE.

Gotta have flow, ball capture to represent putting barrels into shark. Modes to collect funds to hire Quint, Mayor talking to press, Brody patrol, Hooper investigating Ben Gardners boat.

Wizard mode is after building three man team, take Orca to fight shark.

Ultra wizard mode: play shark and collect victims.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL

Next game (Steve Ritchie's...most likley GOT) will have the new display. Jack has hinted that he has the SW license.

Coming soon to a theater near you.

#35 8 years ago

Will be the perfect game to resurrect video modes.

#36 8 years ago

I have some ideas sketched up for what i was going to do, i'l clean them up a bit and then post them here.

In the meantime… a nice topper has been made.

allyoucaneat.JPGallyoucaneat.JPG mexican.JPGmexican.JPG buffet.JPGbuffet.JPG
    #37 8 years ago
    Quoted from singapore_pin:

Will be the perfect game to resurrect video modes.

Hmm... JAWS.gifJAWS.gif

Quoted from PACMAN:

I have some ideas sketched up for what i was going to do, i'l clean them up a bit and then post them here.

Waiting!!

#38 8 years ago

Hahaha. Homies gone fishin!

#39 8 years ago

STERN IF YOU MAKE JAWS PLEASE DO NOT JUST PUT A GIANT SHARK HEAD BASH TOY ON IT!!!!!

We are all dying for something different and FUN.

IDEAS!!!!

1. The game needs multiple moving shark targets that come out of the water and move across the play field.

2. Shots to the boat give extra time to shoot shark targets.

3. The Game must have an obscure tricky shot that can only be made from a third flipper that will kill the shark. "Eye Of Jaws"

4. The game must have scantily clad women!

5. Needs a lifeguard mode where you try and save as many people as possible by hitting a shark target and then a swimmer target

6. Needs an out swim jaws mode like fuel on Metallica

7. needs a crazy whirlpool ramp

#40 8 years ago

When was the last time Stern released a pin based on a dormant property?

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from Code_Blue:

When was the last time Stern released a pin based on a dormant property?

A few days ago . I want jaws.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

A few days ago . I want jaws.

Lmao.

#43 8 years ago

At some point, maybe during a tilt warning - the playfield lights can flicker and go dark, along with the callout "he ate the light".

#44 8 years ago

Shark on the table, upper left, load one ball in the sharks mouth, shoot other ball around the orbit to the upper right flipper, shot to the ball in the shark's mouth kills the shark.

#45 8 years ago

Jaws was all about the Spielberg special effects. Stern would really have to step up their game to do the theme justice. I mean I feel like the good old days of unique effects and custom toys are a thing of the past.

#46 8 years ago

I would add another sense to this pinball and give it a "fish-smell"!

#47 8 years ago

call outs...

Mayor Larry Vaughn... "You yell Barracuda, everyone says, what? Huh? You yell Shark and we've got a panic on our hands on the 4th of July."

Chief Brody..."That doesn't mean we have to serve them up as smorgasbord!"

Mayor Vaughn...Amity as you know means friendship.

Quint You could use various lines in this quote for the game...Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses back on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's just too many captains on this island. $10,000 for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

Mayor Vaughn..."This is not the time or the place to perform some sort of half ass autopsy on a fish."

Hooper: “It’s a carcharodon carcharias. It’s a Great White!”

Hooper screaming as Jaws is pulling the whole boat..."It's IMPOSSIBLE! It's IMPOSSIBLE!"

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

Jaws was all about the Spielberg special effects. Stern would really have to step up their game to do the theme justice. I mean I feel like the good old days of unique effects and custom toys are a thing of the past.

Jaws was all about John Williams' theme song. When he told Spielberg he wanted to do a 2 note theme, Speilberg laughed. When Speilberg heard it for the first time, he was blown away! It's the soundtrack in this movie (unlike any other IMO) that really made this movie awesome.

You go....dun dun dun dun dun dun and everyone and their mother knows what you're talking about.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from galaxian:

Hitting the barrel / teeth drop targets once all are down LOCK is lit... Jaws eyes open...I thought that ball lock 1, lowers the ORCA boat into the playfield, also opens JAWS mouth. Ball lock 2...Brody can slide out of the bow of the boat on a track with his gun..."Insert famous line here....." ball lock 3 exploding shark... Multi-Ball.
    Jaws29.jpgJaws29.jpg

The spinner can act as reeling in JAWS...

33f953c.jpg33f953c.jpg

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Increase the number of LE'S for JAWS / Star Wars ?!
    In the recent posts regarding the KISS LE's being sold out ULTRA quickly... I'm sure JAWS will also create the same type of must bite... What's the trick to obtaining such a hot title... I'm sure this will also happen when Star Wars is released.
    Jaws-line.jpg
    jaws-state-1975-2.jpg

I always think they should make more LEs. Selling out first day is great for them but I like to see gameplay first and entire game or even play to decide.

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-ideas-to-have-stern-sink-their-teeth-intodun-dunn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.