EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1932 Text from game flyer Posted by sevenrites (6 years ago)

Post #1973 Slide from presentation about code depth Posted by trunchbull (6 years ago)

Post #2036 Feature matrix and game photos side by side Posted by Guinnesstime (6 years ago)

Post #2066 Close up of animated topper Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2075 Barnacle armor photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2086 Close up photos of the playfield Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2087 More close up photos Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Close up of screen on apron Posted by cavalier88z24 (6 years ago)

Post #2223 YouTube link for reveal stream Posted by KevInBuffalo (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 76.
#1 6 years ago

Anyone have any idea of when jack will be announcing game number 4

#2 6 years ago

rumored Expo.....i think

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Anyone have any idea of when jack will be announcing game number 4

When your wife stops shopping

#4 6 years ago

I asked him earlier this week. His response was they weren't sure when. I would probably bet expo, but could possibly be sooner.

#5 6 years ago

Pirates or Toy Story?

#6 6 years ago

Kanedas podcast speculates Pirates.... i am hoping soo too... i need to save up for toy story after my AFMR purchase.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

rumored Expo.....i think

Which Expo?

#8 6 years ago

You would think that it would depend heavily on Dialed in sales. There is no point in announcing Pirates in October, and then ship 8 months later unless they want to put a damper on DI sales.

#9 6 years ago

Tim Raines?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

You would think that it would depend heavily on Dialed in sales. There is no point in announcing Pirates in October, and then ship 8 months later unless they want to put a damper on DI sales.

Wrong. A successful manufacturing company needs a portfolio of products to offer customers and keep production going. One at a time makes no sense. Stern often has 6 or 7 titles on the line simultaneously. No game dampers another game's sales. There are just more choices for customers to buy. If JJP has 4 titles for sale and you buy one of the 4, they don't care which it is.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wrong. A successful manufacturing company needs a portfolio of products to offer customers and keep production going. One at a time makes no sense. Stern often has 6 or 7 titles on the line simultaneously. No game dampers another game's sales. There are just more choices for customers to buy. If JJP has 4 titles for sale and you buy one of the 4, they don't care which it is.

I get your point. But there is a reason why Stern has not announced the next 3 titles that are within an 8 month window from shipping.
Unless JJP has number 4 a couple of months away from shipping is there any point of announcing it at expo?

#12 6 years ago

Launch to shipping is getting shorter for JJP. DI launch to shipping was about 8 months. My guess is JJP4 will be launched at Expo and shipping by TPF, that's about 5 months.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Unless JJP has number 4 a couple of months away from shipping is there any point of announcing it at expo?

Yeah, same reason stern announced acdc premium, but won't ship until late this year. What stern did by doing that was potentially to take away a few dialed in sales. Some people were in on DI, but once acdc was announced, they now know what's coming and can shift funds there instead. Potc could have a similar effect. If it looks great, it maybe could take some acdc funds. It's a crazy cycle, but that's life. Jjp wants 2 games a year, and they're going to get there at some point.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Jjp wants 2 games a year

In the K interview, Jack said that he wants to put out 3 games every 2 years.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If JJP has 4 titles for sale and you buy one of the 4, they don't care which it is.

I actually think that they would prefer for you to buy all 4 titles over a managed release schedule. No reason to cannibalize current orders for future orders. Just my guess though.

#16 6 years ago

Pirates then Toy Story would be 5 questionable non sure fire titles in a row. One title that's already been done and one title for children.
Where is 007, Beatles, BTTF, Godfather, Guardians etc.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I actually think that they would prefer for you to buy all 4 titles over a managed release schedule. No reason to cannibalize current orders for future orders. Just my guess though.

That assumes they imagine every buyer will buy all their games. That's not a realistic expectation. No, more choices of items for sale = more potential customers at any given moment = more units out the door. I was at E3 this week and for example, Nintendo showed tons of new games that will be releasing this year. Why not just feature one? More choices = more unique customers = more sales.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

When your wife stops shopping

That would never happen big fella

#19 6 years ago

If it's potc the film is already out and by the time it's revealed their could be some hype sales missing , if number 5 is toy story getting that right on movie release time would be perfect

#20 6 years ago

Anyway hurry up jack as your quality smashes stern and I need more pins in my collection

#21 6 years ago

Pirates isn't doing well at box office either, people seem over that property. Kind of like hobbit by the time it arrived.

This being said, I could see a JJP pirates being pretty cool. I mean, the stern pirates is cool with the sinking ship.. since they know direct comparisons would be made, I'm sure it would have some cool mechs.

#22 6 years ago

Please not BTTF either. No more stale old 80s titles!

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Stale? It's a classic that deserves a decent pin.

I can see potc being more of a success if it's more pirate generic and not trying to follow the story of the movies.

#24 6 years ago

Music themes have historically been big sellers so I would like to see JJP get a big license like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Jimmy Buffett Margaritaville theme.

007 is another big one that if done properly covering all eras of Bond would be great!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Back to the Future is a very very popular theme, just like Ghostbusters. A new BTTF pin would sell like crazy.

#26 6 years ago

Still hoping for a Harry Potter pin, only because it will get immediate approval from the family

#27 6 years ago

According to Kaneda, no licence to use Depp which would be a pretty big miss.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Agreed, if no Depp call outs it won't be worth it.

Also, Disney and actors I believe signed on for 6 installments of the series so there is one more movie to come. The way the current ended and the preview of the next hidden in the credits is telling.

If someone is to do another POTC I think it should be an all encompassing game of the 6 movies.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Still hoping for a Harry Potter pin, only because it will get immediate approval from the family

I hear ya brother. I couldn't give two shits about Harry Potter or Toy Story, but as my wife is the breadwinner in this family, she is more likely to cough up the extra cash for a family friendly pin. Theme is not as important to me as long as it has good gameplay and fun factor.

Whatever JJP choose to do next, I'm sure it will be a success.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Back to the Future is a very very popular theme, just like Ghostbusters. A new BTTF pin would sell like crazy.

It was popular in the 80s, but has very little current cultural relevance.

I thought GB was a poor theme also, but I bought it. Ultimately, a good game is what matters.

I really like Stern POTC, though i don't care anything about the theme.

At least my kids would like Toy Story.

I don't know anyone that's excited about getting another POTC.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

If it is a sweet machine, with Depp included, and is an epic adventure, then you can mark me down as the first one you know who would be excited. I think jjp has the potential to blow the doors off of the old potc (which is a pretty good game). Potc would fit very well in the jjp lineup. I am however a bit worried about the current lack of overall interest in the theme. Seems like the potc ship has sailed a bit. My family however, would be in as potc is a family favorite series of movies. That all said, as much as I love our Hobbit, the next title has to offer more to a wider audience for jjp to stay successful. Time will tell if potc offers that.

#32 6 years ago

He said the rumor was no Depp but he has no clue whether it is true or not.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I thought GB was a poor theme also, but I bought it.

You couldn't be more out of touch and wrong with this statement. Thats probably why you though GB was a bad theme too yet its sterns hottest seller in forever.

You're right about POTC though, that would be stupid.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Doesnt it? Geez where do you live and who do you hang out with?
Everyone who is 30+ I know (99 percent of people that can afford a pin) knows what a Delorean is. What speed it needs to get to. Knows the font when they see it. Knows about the sports almanac and dreams about it every once in a while. Knows about the hover board that was meant to be here already. The Nike shoes?
Come on... The movie is iconic and always will be. Just like Ghostbusters was. Ugh. crazy opinions. So why don't you make like a leaf and get out of here!

#35 6 years ago

JJP has done an amazing job with themes very few people care about. Imagine what they could do with an all time great theme. They would have sold 3x the number if TH or WOZ was an HP pin. Destroy the Horcruxes to get to Voldemort Wizard mode? Quidditch Multiball? Forget it, it would have been an instant classic.

#36 6 years ago

A jjp bttf pin would kill. No question.

#37 6 years ago

BTTF konghusker yesssss! +100000000

IMG_0360 (resized).JPGIMG_0360 (resized).JPG

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

So why don't you make like a leaf and get out of here!

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

So why don't you make like a leaf and get out of here!

Best thing I've read on Pinside in a long time.

#40 6 years ago

Yep, 100% right on that. Just think of all the great scenes that wouldn't be displayed and voice work that would be missing. Might as well just do a generic pirates themed pin than not have Depp.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, 100% right on that. Just think of all the great scenes that wouldn't be displayed and voice work that would be missing. Might as well just do a generic pirates themed pin than not have Depp.

Doing a POTC without Depp is like doing Harry Potter without freggin Harry Potter.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Pirates isn't doing well at box office either, people seem over that property. Kind of like hobbit by the time it arrived.

Yeah, doing another POTC is a horrible idea. Perhaps they're hoping ops will remember that Stern's POTC did well for them and want it. It's a dead franchise though. No one has any massive emotional attachment to it. Toy Story is evergreen, baked in people's hearts and a timeless part of pop culture. They could release that any time and it would be huge. If I was behind the scenes I'd push Toy Story up the line, and rework POTC into something else to release later.

#43 6 years ago

Personally I would rather a generic pirate theme like the ride at Disney without Depp and movie scenes.

I vote for a Nintendo World pin

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

I vote for a Nintendo World pin

A Legend of Zelda pin would be off the chain awesome.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Same here same here. I'll be in on a Harry Potter Collecter's Edition the second they announce it.

#46 6 years ago

The Pirates ship has sailed. *rimshot*

Seriously, especially if the no depp rumors are true, I hope JJP walks away from the licence if they do indeed have it. No sense on paying money for a licence that is well beyond it's sell by date like The Hobbit.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Doesnt it? Geez where do you live and who do you hang out with?

Do you watch BTTF pretty often? Sit around and reminisce about it? Sorry, but some "classics" live on, and some fade away.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I get your point. But there is a reason why Stern has not announced the next 3 titles that are within an 8 month window from shipping.

Ahh, Stern has announced Elvira 3 and it's not expected to ship until next year.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Do you watch BTTF pretty often? Sit around and reminisce about it? Sorry, but some "classics" live on, and some fade away.

Alright, I'll bite... What would you consider a modern day classic that lives on that would be a better pinball theme than BTTF? Stranger Things? Wonder Woman? 13 Reasons Why?

The problem today is that we have so many entertainment options that everything is typically gone and forgotten within a few years'. It wasn't that way in the 80's. Pretty much all the good theme choices are for things that existed in the 80's and 90's. I could see a new Nintendo (Mario or Zelda) or something like TMNT being a good choice.

#50 6 years ago

Eric Meunier, the game designer, says it will debut at Chicago Expo. It's been flippable since November. Playfield layout is pretty ironed out. No other secrets revealed. He put this out at RMPS.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.