Topic Stats

• 3,753 posts
  • 528 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181026_122121778 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_131620186 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_133524638 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181026_101424526 (resized).jpg
IMG_0665 (resized).JPG
20180407_181132 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180413-205239 (resized).png
20180327_165820 (resized).jpg
20180412_183405 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 76.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

There is a reason themes like Harley Davison and playboy have been done multiple times, they match up well with the pinball playing crowd.

hahaha OK tough guy...tame your steel horse!

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is an adult that starts crying in a theater at a Pixar movie really the same adult that's buying pinball machines? There is a reason themes like Harley Davison and playboy have been done multiple times, they match up well with the pinball playing crowd.

People buy games with themes they have an emotional attachment to...whether that's Ghostbusters, Tron, Metallica, or Harley Davidson....it's the emotional attachment that drives themed sales.

Look at the best selling game of all time - Addams Family. That's a theme that all demographics enjoyed. Kids & adults liked the movie, adults had nostalgic attachment to the theme from the TV show. Stern's best sellers: Simpsons, POTC, LOTR. Again - broad demographic themes that kids & adults enjoy & resonate with peoples emotions and nostalgia. Toy Story is in the same wheelhouse.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

But Neverending Story is okay? That's VERY kiddie, and not a very good movie, compared to something like Toy Story.

Quoted from TRAMD:

No kid's CARTOON or PUPPET themes, please.

We are also talking about a JJP game. The music, sound and visuals of Neverending Story are fantastic. I thought the movie was pretty great too (I've seen it multiple times as an adult) but not everyone has the same tastes. Toy Story was a wonderful movie but doesn't have a very epic feel to me personally and seeing cartoons on that big JJP LCD wouldn't thrill me in the slightest.

As far as puppets, I love The Dark Crystal but I'm not sure that I think it'd make a great JJP game. It'd be 100x better than The Muppets, however.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

but not everyone has the same tastes.

Strangly I can;t get my wife into that flick even though she usually has good taste. Classic.

Quoted from TRAMD:

As far as puppets, I love The Dark Crystal but I'm not sure that I think it'd make a great JJP game.

Naw, terrifying puppets could be great for the family
Man that was one weird ass movie

#155 2 years ago

Let's face it, if anybody would put some titties on the PF and back glass it would sell out.

I'm not talking about Big Juicy Melon titties I'm talking about real thing LCD style!!!

Where is that pin?

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Again - broad demographic themes that kids & adults enjoy & resonate with peoples emotions and nostalgia. Toy Story is in the same wheelhouse.

Well if this thread is any indication a Toy Story theme has mixed reactions. JJP need a theme with a huge upside. They have an opportunity to blow the competition away and create their Masterpiece, I sure hope they don't waste it on another questionable theme.

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

As far as puppets, I love The Dark Crystal but I'm not sure that I think it'd make a great JJP game. It'd be 100x better than The Muppets, however.

One thing the most of the most beloved pinball machines have is HUMOR. Humor is sorely lacking in most modern games, as they're all based on action/epic type licenses. Muppets are FUNNY. Well, maybe not the new TV show that was cancelled...that blew...but watch the original show or the original Muppet Movie. Even Muppets Most Wanted is very funny. If you had the Henson people writing custom dialog and doing new live action Muppet clips for the display, that could be insanely entertaining. You could have the two old hecklers, Statler and Waldorf as little animatronic Muppet toys in a balcony on the playfield, watching the ball and making fun of you the whole time you play.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's face it, if anybody would put some titties on the PF and back glass it would sell out.

Anybody? IMG_4796 (resized).JPG

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People buy games with themes they have an emotional attachment to....

That would be an actual co0llector who plans on keeping the game. Not the quick flipper who thinks Pinball is a speculation/collector commodity.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

One thing the most of the most beloved pinball machines have is HUMOR. Humor is sorely lacking in most modern games, as they're all based on action/epic type licenses. Muppets are FUNNY. Well, maybe not the new TV show that was cancelled...that blew...but watch the original show or the original Muppet Movie. Even Muppets Most Wanted is very funny. If you had the Henson people writing custom dialog and doing new live action Muppet clips for the display, that could be insanely entertaining. You could have the two old hecklers, Statler and Waldorf as little animatronic Muppet toys in a balcony on the playfield, watching the ball and making fun of you the whole time you play.
» YouTube video

I'm not keen on the muppets but do agree with you that humour is lacking from newer games and it would be great to see more of it.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People buy games with themes they have an emotional attachment to...whether that's Ghostbusters, Tron, Metallica, or Harley Davidson....it's the emotional attachment that drives themed sales.
Look at the best selling game of all time - Addams Family. That's a theme that all demographics enjoyed. Kids & adults liked the movie, adults had nostalgic attachment to the theme from the TV show. Stern's best sellers: Simpsons, POTC, LOTR. Again - broad demographic themes that kids & adults enjoy & resonate with peoples emotions and nostalgia. Toy Story is in the same wheelhouse.

I don't disagree with any of what you are saying above (other than the last sentence, I think the age demographics in 1995 means that the now 40 year olds were working in a movie theater rather than being brought by their parents to watch Toy Story in a movie theater).

I will add that TAF also benefited from a technology evolution that was just getting started in pinball...that doesn't detract from your point though.

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm not talking about Big Juicy Melon titties I'm talking about real thing LCD style!!!

Where is that pin?

It's time for Suicide Girls!

They've got their own TV show!

They are loved by millions of women and men!

They are imperfectly perfect!

They already have dealings with the greatest rock band alive, The Dwarves!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suicide-girls-pinball-machine

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's time for Suicide Girls!
They've got their own TV show!
They are loved by millions of women and men!
They are imperfectly perfect!
They already have dealings with the greatest rock band alive, The Dwarves!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suicide-girls-pinball-machine

That's what I'm talking about.

I'm liking a titty tatty fest

#164 2 years ago

As soon as the video screen hit Stern lines I've been saying "Gals Panic."

Sorry I guess that isn't JJp related.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As soon as the video screen hit Stern lines I've been saying "Gals Panic."
Sorry I guess that isn't JJp related.

There is all kinds of titty you can do with an LCD.

A Whole lot of Rosie was pretty damn cool on Ac/dc but i'd like to see Rosie bouncing it for real!

Come on Jack, give us some 27 inch screen titty!

#166 2 years ago

South Park with an optional kid setting. Would do well on location as well.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

South Park with a kid setting. Would do well on location as well.

Ah, now we are talking. That's real nostalgia for people in the age bracket buying machines today. The Sega game performed solidly on rout and it was really a shallow game with nothing but fart jokes based on Season 1 only.

South Park is absolutely a prime theme to be given a modern opportunity. It is perfect for the new display, just think of the rule set with Keith behind the code.

#168 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, now we are talking. That's real nostalgia for people in the age bracket buying machines today. The Sega game performed solidly on rout and it was really a shallow game with nothing but fart jokes based on Season 1 only.
South Park is absolutely a prime theme to be given a modern opportunity. It is perfect for the new display, just think of the rule set with Keith behind the code.

Yup, it could be the "Pinball Party" upgrade that Simpsons got from DE to Stern.

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There are thousands and thousands of good licenses out there. Why do we need to have ones that been done already?
Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Back to the Future, FFS pick something that's at least original even if it's a license.

Back to the Future could do with a revamp. It didn't have a DMD era game, so it's time for a new version. My money is waiting and also the merchandise to go with it. Come on pinball manufacturers, take my money!!!!!!

#170 2 years ago

Bit old now but a Sin City pin could work, plenty of titties for Iceman44 as well.

#171 2 years ago

Maybe a film nior pin.

Hot dames, smoking, rainy nights, neon lights shining through hotel blinds....

sin_city_by_annieparfi-d9047hv (resized).jpg

#172 2 years ago

premature-speculation (resized).jpg

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

South Park with an optional kid setting. Would do well on location as well.

Just do Book of Mormon:The Pinball Adventure.

#174 2 years ago

want something that attracts 40 -60 yr old men? Smokey and the bandit.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

want something that attracts 40 -60 yr old men? Smokey and the bandit.

Id say "Stay Hungry" would be a better Sally Field movie.

It's got Arnold in it, and Sally is topless.

#176 2 years ago

I know this won't be popular with the old guard but a pinball machine themed on a big video game licence would work. Something like Fallout, Wolfenstein, Doom even Gta.

The thing is no need to be a videogamer to enjoy the themes/ apocalyptic future/ alternate history/ crime.

Great art, assets and plenty of modes etc. No bullshit likeness of actors etc as they are cgi.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You could have the two old hecklers, Statler and Waldorf as little animatronic Muppet toys in a balcony on the playfield, watching the ball and making fun of you the whole time you play.
» YouTube video

This is a fantastic idea but one fantastic idea does not a great pinball machine make. As much as I love those guys they are the only bright spot in the Muppets for me. I just don't think they can carry everything else. Great video, thanks for posting it!

I like humor in games but I don't want one that is all humor. MM is just shy of too much humor for me. I like serious themes like LOTR too but agree that humor does add to a game. Actually I think the humor level of WOZ is just about right.
"Oil a little lower." --Tin Man
"I was the pretty sister." --Wicked Witch of the West
"The rainbow is almost as beautiful as I am." "Do you want a ride in my bubble?" --Glenda the Good Witch

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe a film nior pin.
Hot dames, smoking, rainy nights, neon lights shining through hotel blinds....

See what you're missing?

Quoted from vireland:

Just do Book of Mormon:The Pinball Adventure.

Any game that uses the C word in a song would be welcome in my house. I still laugh just thinking about that show.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I know this won't be popular with the old guard but a pinball machine themed on a big video game licence would work. Something like Fallout, Wolfenstein, Doom even Gta.

I think only Zelda would work well from a pure video game to pinball machine transition perspective. It hits the nastalgia bug we are talking about in this thread spot on and is also current.

The art package could be really good and the best thing about Zelda is tons of recognizable characters to the masses - which GTA and Fallout don't really have. Zelda could be set up in dungeons and with castles and gathering items beloved in the Zelda world.

Zelda, while certainly not R rated resonates with people in their 40's and 50's both currently and looking backwards. Zelda would be a good theme, if a video game was the target.

#180 2 years ago

Video Game to Pinball has been done.

Space Invaders, Street Fighter and Pacman come to mind.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

See what you're missing?

Been there, done that.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

JJP makes games for the family.

Not the Manson family.

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not the Manson family.

Really? Crazy Wizard of Oz vibes with flying monkeys and holy shit man the colors.....THE COLORS

#184 2 years ago

Mad Max #4

#185 2 years ago

Alfred Hitchcock theme

Suicide Squad

#186 2 years ago

POTC might work but I know a lot of people who are really worn out on the theme, and Depp is starting to become a turnoff. I could see a reaction similar to what I heard for The Hobbit, ie "what do you mean this just came out?"

I'd love to see a Toy Story pin that focused on Buzz Lightyear, which would have a great blend of themes - kidsy and jokey, but also with tons of cool space adventure stuff and an opportunity for some legitimate sci-fi spectacle and loads of (literal) toys - eg, put the little alien guys on the bumpers and have The Claw pick up the balls for a physical ball lock.

BTTF would draw people like flies to honey.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Depp is starting to become a turnoff.

A Fear and Loathing pinball theme might help to get Depp some of that respect back.

download (resized).jpg

#188 2 years ago

I like Depp's recent work the best. Specifically his apology to Australia after they threatened to kill his dogs. It's comedy gold.

#189 2 years ago

Forget the licensed themes. Keep the originals coming. PLEASE!

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

This too!

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Yes, there's plenty of other licensed games coming out. Hoping DI shows them it works.

#192 2 years ago

I wanna see the other two ideas Lawlor has, lmao.

#193 2 years ago

Dredd by JJP....?

Dredd (resized).jpg

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

The thing is no need to be a videogamer to enjoy the themes/ apocalyptic future/ alternate history/ crime.
Great art, assets and plenty of modes etc. No bullshit likeness of actors etc as they are cgi.

I would like to see a Wolfenstein or Doom pinball made. I think both of the themes have a lot of nostalgia associated with them as so many of us played them to death back in the day.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I would like to see a Wolfenstein or Doom pinball made. I think both of the themes have a lot of nostalgia associated with them as so many of us played them to death back in the day.

just imagine the cool toys on the playfield with Doom.

the cacodemon, hell guard, cyberdemon, baron of hell... imps !

incorporate a teleporter somehow !...

#196 2 years ago

Cars and Women? Fast and Furious!

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Cars and Women? Fast and Furious!

If Stern has not scooped up that theme yet then JJP absolutely needs to get on it. That theme will move some machines.

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

If Stern has not scooped up that theme yet then JJP absolutely needs to get on it. That theme will move some machines.

Couldn't agree more, the Fast & the Furious is a rare franchise that is continuing to grow at the box office and expand its world wide appeal, now is the time for a pin to strike while the franchise is at an all time high.

There has been no rumours of Stern having it or going after it (usually we hear all sorts of Stern licence rumours) JJP needs to jump on this licence asap!

#199 2 years ago

My favorite pins are themes I like and have humor in them. Guardians of the Galaxy will be excellent but won't be JJP.

#200 2 years ago

I do think they could do Back to the Future could have had some success if Stern hasn't tied it up. Iconic, humor, etc. Best timing for it already passed with the "future" year now being in the past and anniversary of movie celebration over with.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
There are 3753 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 76.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside