FB_IMG_1523454326477 (resized).jpg
4FB58935-3522-48D4-8FC7-AF4E0D95DDF9 (resized).jpeg
EC528ED2-7D5D-4313-99C3-E6BA8212EE0E (resized).jpeg
D53C0802-DB86-4A57-BCEF-A477323E2FD4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
Capture (resized).JPG
vader-wtf (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 76.
#451 6 years ago

Zelda would be phenomenal. It hits the nostalgia bug perfectly for many. I'd love to see Keith's ruleset for it.

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've got 180 hours on Zelda...not sure I've ever put that amount of time on a pinball machine.

That's only about 300 games on your TH ... ???

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Zelda would be phenomenal. It hits the nostalgia bug perfectly for many. I'd love to see Keith's ruleset for it.

I always picture it kind of like an Lotr but there's so many extras you could put in. I think it fits pinball better than any other game made.

And I haven't played the switch but I've played the old Zelda's probably more than I could ever play pinball for the rest of my entire life.

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I was joking about playing my Hobbit all day - it was a great ball!

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Ya 36 min games sounds about right. (But an awesome 36 minutes)

#456 6 years ago

BTTF along the lines of DI, designed by Lawlor, and I'm in.

#457 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I still think a great theme would be Legend of Zelda. 3 side modes, 6 temples modes. Dark link battle mini wizard, Ganon wizard. Could collect sword, shield and bow to make modes worth more or give modes more shots. Sound effects and music (OoT) already exist. I could go on

Agreed but I think it should be a "Nintendo World" with more characters than the Zelda ones. It would work well and is family friendly.

#458 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

Agreed but I think it should be a "Nintendo World" with more characters than the Zelda ones. It would work well and is family friendly.

If we're going video games let's go with Castlevania. With the new Netflix series out it would be easy to get some custom voice work from the actors, lots of bloody possibilities.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

As a mega Nintendo fan who's been realizing how much more value I get from buying Nintendo games vs. Pinball....I'd rather spend my money/time on actual Nintendo games instead of a pinball machine.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

If we're going video games let's go with Castlevania. With the new Netflix series out it would be easy to get some custom voice work from the actors, lots of bloody possibilities.

It was called monster bash

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As a mega Nintendo fan who's been realizing how much more value I get from buying Nintendo games vs. Pinball....I'd rather spend my money/time on actual Nintendo games instead of a pinball machine.

Want to trade? I'll sell my NES and just play an emulator.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

It was called monster bash

Castlevania = MB?? Are you high? They are polar opposites!! MB is slapstick goofy non-scary comedy. Castlevania is gory, creepy, and serious. Much closer to BSD...

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Are you high?

Of course, but what's that got to do with anything?

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

But what do you watch it on? A 1996 ProScan?

My projector supports SVideo input which looks a million times better than when I tried upscaling to HDMI.

Yeah it's no Blue Ray as someone else pointed out the Audio track is fantastic.

IMG_5767 (resized).JPGIMG_5767 (resized).JPG

Edit: The despecialized versions are awesome! Guess its time to retire the LD.

1 week later
#465 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Bring on the Beatles!</blockquote
I agree!!!!

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

My projector supports SVideo input which looks a million times better than when I tried upscaling to HDMI.
Yeah it's no Blue Ray as someone else pointed out the Audio track is fantastic.

Edit: The despecialized versions are awesome! Guess its time to retire the LD.

You might want to check your screen size settings. I'm pretty sure the Death Star isn't supposed to be oval.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You might want to check your screen size settings. I'm pretty sure the Death Star isn't supposed to be oval.

LOL good point. Will be trying the despecialized editions soon and that may be the end of having to switch settings back and fourth to accomodate the SVideo

#468 6 years ago

Will the new game be a wide body or standard width?

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Will the new game be a wide body or standard width?

I hope they put out at least two more standards before doing another wide body, but I think it will end up being at the designers discretion for what they think fits their theme best.

My best guess is standard since #4's designer is a younger guy probably more familiar with the standard layout and was mentored by Pat who stated that he preferrs standard.

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I hope they put out at least two more standards before doing another wide body, but I think it will end up being at the designers discretion for what they think fits their theme best.
My best guess is standard since #4's designer is a younger guy probably more familiar with the standard layout and was mentored by Pat who stated that he preferrs standard.

Pat's done WB before too.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Pat's done WB before too.

Yeah, I love TZ, but I seem to recall hearing a statement where he didn't have any interest in future widebodies.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Make it like an rpg where you had to collect items to progress through the game, build up strength and expirience points. Face more difficult oppenents as you progress . Maybe at some point you could trade items for extra balls and stuff to help you with your journey .

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Make it like an rpg where you had to collect items to progress through the game, build up strength and expirience points. Face more difficult oppenents as you progress . Maybe at some point you could trade items for extra balls and stuff to help you with your journey .

I've thought about that, but I would think you would want items to be optional. If certain things were required for progress the game would be linear.

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Yeah, I love TZ, but I seem to recall hearing a statement where he didn't have any interest in future widebodies.

I forgot about TZ, I was thinking Road Show.

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I love the idea of a massive quest that could be continued in further games. Like a savegame. Then it wouldn't matter if it was linear. It would be cool to have saveable profiles, etc.

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Would be great. I'm in if JJP does Zelda for sure.

#477 6 years ago

My top 5 licenses I like to see:

Beatles
007 (all eras from Connery to Craig)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Breaking Bad
Major League Baseball with all 30 teams(maybe have a pitch and bat mini playfield)

#478 6 years ago

Jaws please.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yes!
I played Zen pinball's Epic Quest quite a bit. It plays like a RPG.

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Beatles
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Breaking Bad
Major League Baseball with all 30 teams(maybe have a pitch and bat mini playfield)

Beatle's would not make a good pinball machine

#481 6 years ago

Yeah!

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Beatle's would not make a good pinball machine

But, I think it would sell a butt-load of machines. There would be people that barely know anything about pinball that would buy it just for the license alone. At the same time, that license probably wouldn't come cheap. I think the new SW machine might fall into that same category from a license standpoint (expensive but highly marketable).

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Beatles
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Breaking Bad

Well you won't see 007 any time soon.

#484 6 years ago

I know everyone doesn't want a music themed pin but if any band should have been done already it's the Beatles. A ton of hits and images to work with. I enjoyed playing AS but walked away wishing they had made a Beatles' themed pin. For me I can't think of a band that touched more people around the world and inspired more artists. It's a damn shame that Mick on a stick exists in the pinball world and John, Paul, George and Ringo are still waiting on the sidelines.

#485 6 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

I know everyone doesn't want a music themed pin but if any band should have been done already it's the Beatles. A ton of hits and images to work with. I enjoyed playing AS but walked away wishing they had made a Beatles' themed pin. For me I can't think of a band that touched more people around the world and inspired more artists. It's a damn shame that Mick on a stick exists in the pinball world and John, Paul, George and Ringo are still waiting on the sidelines.

Correct. People say Beatles music wouldn't work on a pin, but that's just not true. You don't have to have heavy metal music to work with a pinball machine. Think of all the soundtracks that play on other games that aren't heavy metal...and they work fine. Too many things to work with: Abbey Road and Penny Lane for the lanes or orbits, Maxwell's Silver Hammer in the pops, the end of Day in the Life when starting a multiball (like Showtime on TAF!), and Magical Mystery Tour wizard mode. Great theme for pinball, and I'd be in for one instantly.

#486 6 years ago

I respect your enthusiasm but I'm keeping my fingers crossed JJP won't do any music pin at all.

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

I respect your enthusiasm but I'm keeping my fingers crossed JJP won't do any music pin at all.

I totally agree!!

#488 6 years ago

Any timing on reveal?

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any timing on reveal?

Expo seems to be the target.

#490 6 years ago

I doubt it would ever happen, but if they wanted to expand target audience, they should do a theme based on Blizzard Games (World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Overwatch, etc). Huge followings, especially in other countries. Take for example the WoW movie: critically blasted, flopped in the US, but HUGE in other countries, especially China. If even a fraction of a percent shelled out, that expands into new markets.

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Expo seems to be the target.

Sorry but which one?

#492 6 years ago

How about a horror theme. IT was a great book and is being remade...

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry but which one?

pinballexpo.com

Chicago, 3rd week of October.

LTG : )

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

pinballexpo.com
Chicago, 3rd week of October.
LTG : )

Perfect timing for the Stranger Things pin with the launch of Season 2.

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Perfect timing for the Stranger Things pin with the launch of Season 2.
» YouTube video

That would be a killer theme.

#496 6 years ago

Everyone knows it's POTC right?

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Everyone knows it's POTC right?

Still praying it's not and they pull out Toy Story (or Harry Potter). One PoTC game is enough. Also, Princess Bride is dead to me now that Stern has it.

#498 6 years ago

It's going to be a pin crime if JJP don't get Harry Potter with Keifer smashing the rule set.

#499 6 years ago

sorry but why does everyone think it's POTC again? God I REALLY hope it isn't.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

sorry but why does everyone think it's POTC again? God I REALLY hope it isn't.

It's the strongest of the rumors that have been around for a long time by people that usually know. Toy Story is probably second-strongest. Harry Potter is wishes, I think, but would be fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 76.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-4/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.