catchy-as-hell.gif
My_Pinside_»_Settings_Pinside.com_-_2024-03-22_06.56.17 (resized).jpg
image0 (14) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,865 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 158.
#5151 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bundle of joy here.

Yeah … but there’s not much point getting all revved up about something when it isn’t even a possibility. May as well say “make Seawitch!”

In other news - I saw Haggis Fathom at Brisbane Masters. I didn’t get to play it as it was always in the tournament banks, and it never got drawn for me to play. Everyone else said it played nice.

Looks pretty good. I was talking to Marty and Damian there, I complemented them on the quality of the thing.

What a lot of you guys wouldn’t know - those older SS games are fully painted (most new ones are melteca board or powdercoated metal back boxes). Haggis Fathom has an awesome blue paint job all over, with the decals on the side. The cabinet finish is as good as one of my A-Grade restores. All the joins are filled and the decal job was flawless. No wonder they’re taking a while to make.

I saw the “fathom effect” underneath at night - while that’s not normally my scene it was pretty cool.

rd

#5152 1 year ago

Yes. I'm not excited.

I know about the quality, i have a Celts and a Sunset Riders.

#5153 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

What's cool about Time Fantasy? I've never seen one in person.

The artwork and the low number of coils

#5154 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

What's cool about Time Fantasy? I've never seen one in person.

I have owned one and I love old Williams games. It isn’t fun. Cool art and not common. I would have kept in a collection of 100, not 20 or 30.

#5155 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yeah … but there’s not much point getting all revved up about something when it isn’t even a possibility. May as well say “make Seawitch!”
In other news - I saw Haggis Fathom at Brisbane Masters. I didn’t get to play it as it was always in the tournament banks, and it never got drawn for me to play. Everyone else said it played nice.
Looks pretty good. I was talking to Marty and Damian there, I complemented them on the quality of the thing.
What a lot of you guys wouldn’t know - those older SS games are fully painted (most new ones are melteca board or powdercoated metal back boxes). Haggis Fathom has an awesome blue paint job all over, with the decals on the side. The cabinet finish is as good as one of my A-Grade restores. All the joins are filled and the decal job was flawless. No wonder they’re taking a while to make.
I saw the “fathom effect” underneath at night - while that’s not normally my scene it was pretty cool.
rd

I did play Fathom at the Brisbane Masters - but was drawn to play against the world number one, Escher Lefkoff!

He proceeded to give me and two others a bit of a pinballing lesson, although to be fair on us he does have the old Fathom at home.

Haggis has done a beautiful job on Fathom and if I had the room I’d get one. Dave is spot on with his description of the finish and quality too

#5156 1 year ago

My Fathom is on the plane on the way to Chitown!
Whoop!Whoop!
I’m excited.

Let’s go Haggis!

#5157 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Whoop!Whoop!
I’m excited.
Let’s go Haggis!

Congrats!

Gameplay video please.

#5158 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Whoop!Whoop!
I’m excited.
Let’s go Haggis!

Congrats! Series ticket holder?

#5159 1 year ago

I’ve been told the series ticket games are winding up this week and mine should be finished next week. Fingers crossed that happens.

#5160 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I’ve been told the series ticket games are winding up this week and mine should be finished next week. Fingers crossed that happens.

I’ve been told the same thing as well. Hoping to hear mine is done next week too.

#5161 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Great news mate, Hopefully Dave's got the same tidings. He'll probably ring me if so.

#5162 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Congrats! Series ticket holder?

Yessir.

#5164 1 year ago

"someone". Lol, this shit again. Back on the FOMO-PUMP.

#5165 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

"someone". Lol, this shit again. Back on the FOMO-PUMP.

Not sure what you are implying. I don't know the seller, don't have a membership in that forum and I don't have a Mermaid on pre-order... What I do know it there have been people here trying to find slots.

#5166 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure what you are implying. I don't know the seller, don't have a membership in that forum and I don't have a Mermaid on pre-order... What I do know it there have been people here trying to find slots.

Sorry, that was not supposed to read like it was implying anything about you, but I can see that. Same d0n was fear-pumping his hoarded pre order spots here a few months ago.

#5167 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

If you read this thread you'll know the seller all to well. I believe you have been in here from the start, so what you are saying doesn't add up at all.

He's a disgraceful excuse for a community member. He bought the spots of others who were panicking at cost or less and tried to sell them for 10x what he paid.

#5168 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

If you read this thread you'll know the seller all to well. I believe you have been in here from the start, so what you are saying doesn't add up at all.

How soon we forget! I do remember him here. Haha, I try to ignore people like him.

Quoted from jjga:

Sorry, that was not supposed to read like it was implying anything about you

Actually I'm sorry. I should have remembered him. Looks like he skipped from here to the Village, which is basically South East USA and mostly Florida. Looks like his plan to make big bucks on these pre-orders is not going so well.

#5169 1 year ago

I see he’s getting some love for his post there. Gold!

E959404A-2012-48FB-AC02-26E1401DB97C (resized).jpegE959404A-2012-48FB-AC02-26E1401DB97C (resized).jpeg
#5171 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I see he’s getting some love for his post there. Gold!
[quoted image]

#5172 1 year ago

Some solid gold in those last few posts.

Up yours DoN!

rd

648FCFD2-D35E-49DC-916C-02EC79913FC4 (resized).jpeg648FCFD2-D35E-49DC-916C-02EC79913FC4 (resized).jpegFC7CFAFA-3B15-4179-949A-9FAF9949FEE5 (resized).jpegFC7CFAFA-3B15-4179-949A-9FAF9949FEE5 (resized).jpeg
#5173 1 year ago

Didn’t he “claim” to have already sold one of his 3 spots for $5k on here
Hahahahahahaa

#5174 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Didn’t he “claim” to have already sold one of his 3 spots for $5k on here
Hahahahahahaa

I think he had 4 spots at one point.

#5175 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Some solid gold in those last few posts.
Up yours DoN!
rd[quoted image][quoted image]

How about F U is an amazing response. Short and sweet.

#5176 1 year ago

Well as of now, DHL is saying my Mermaid is going to arrive Tuesday. Fantastic turnaround!
Let’s go Haggis!
They’re making machines and shipping them out!

#5177 1 year ago

Best thing would be to build all of dons games and demand payment.
Be funny to see the invoices for 3-4 games show up same day.

#5178 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Well as of now, DHL is saying my Mermaid is going to arrive Tuesday. Fantastic turnaround!
Let’s go Haggis!
They’re making machines and shipping them out!

Series ticket holder?

#5179 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Series ticket holder?

yes

#5180 1 year ago

Congratulations!

#5181 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

He's a disgraceful excuse for a community member. He bought the spots of others who were panicking at cost or less and tried to sell them for 10x what he paid.

Remember when Kobe Bryant died and like the next day he listed his Stern NBA for sale with "Kobe Bryant on the translite" at an exorbitant price? He's a real classy guy

#5182 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Remember when Kobe Bryant died and like the next day he listed his Stern NBA for sale with "Kobe Bryant on the translite" at an exorbitant price? He's a real classy guy

Was that d0n? That tells you all you really need to know I guess.

#5183 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Congratulations!

Thanks!
Well I’m looking forward to everyone else getting and enjoying their game as well!

#5184 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I just sold a bunch of mods to Ministry of Pinball in the Netherlands and they educated me on WISE payment system - so much better than Paypal for large payments with a very small transfer fee from their account to mine.

Wise is great especially for travel with their lime green Visa card. They charge a very small commission for payments, but you're getting as close to market exchange rates as you can get. Works out better than all travel cards I’ve used.

Quoted from Haymaker:

Was that d0n ? Wow. At least he’s a consistent wanker.

#5185 1 year ago

This d0n shit is hilarious.

#5186 1 year ago

kklank
Did your fathom arrive?

#5187 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

kklank
Did your fathom arrive?

It did!
I’ll post some photos later tonight or tomorrow.
The build quality is………..amazing.
The sound package on the “revisited” version is so cool.
Game play is butter smooth. Very impressive.
The score displays/software on the back box are having issues when in 4 player. In 2 player they work fine so it’s a glitch that I’m sure will get fixed overtime.
This game is a home run. I’m so glad I bought into Haggis and wish them nothing but success in the future.

#5188 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

It did!
I’ll post some photos later tonight or tomorrow.
The build quality is………..amazing.
The sound package on the “revisited” version is so cool.
Game play is butter smooth. Very impressive.
The score displays/software on the back box are having issues when in 4 player. In 2 player they work fine so it’s a glitch that I’m sure will get fixed overtime.
This game is a home run. I’m so glad I bought into Haggis and wish them nothing but success in the future.

Congrats! Excited to see pics.

#5189 1 year ago

Oh for actual gameplay video!

Ferris Bueller Anyone.gifFerris Bueller Anyone.gif

#5190 1 year ago

So people are sending wires to a NY bank, is that correct?

Full payment BEFORE game is even built, to boot. I'll have to admit, when my slot comes up, I'm going to be a little nervous.. is a cautious, optimistic way, of course.

#5191 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

So people are sending wires to a NY bank, is that correct?

Full payment BEFORE game is even built, to boot. I'll have to admit, when my slot comes up, I'm going to be a little nervous.. is a cautious, optimistic way, of course.

Nervous about what?? that the NY bank might be dodgy??

#5192 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Nervous about what?? that the NY bank might be dodgy??

Probably, more like that he'll get his game.

#5193 1 year ago

I just found out i cant pay my distro with a CC for Halloween. Beyond dumb. "Wire funds" lol. I didnt know that was still a thing...

#5194 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I just found out i cant pay my distro with a CC for Halloween. Beyond dumb. "Wire funds" lol. I didnt know that was still a thing...

Those credit card fees add up quickly on the price of a pinball machine. Couple hundred dollars here and there cuts into the distro margins significantly. I pay for NIB with Paypal F&F, cash or bank check. I've done a few wire transfers this year already on non pinball related items. They went smooth as can be.

#5195 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Merchant fees are real... if you had to pay an extra $200+ per transaction just to get your money, you'd be looking for alternate methods too

Wiring allows them to get the money with lower fees and no risk of chargebacks. This is especially helpful for international payments where dealing with both currency and transaction fees. They can keep money 'in country' etc to pay for things etc too

For a company like Spooky - it's easier than waiting for checks to clear, potential fraud, etc.

#5196 1 year ago

I guess I wasnt expecting it, but probably my fault for not reading the details. No worries...

#5197 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I guess I wasnt expecting it, but probably my fault for not reading the details. No worries...

The irony is the rest of the world think we are backwards in the US for the ideas of checks instead of direct bank transfers for everything Personal use of ACH style transfers has been the norm in Europe for ages.

#5198 1 year ago

I use EFT to pay almost all of my bills these days, large or small.
Edit: (Electronic Funds Transfer)

#5199 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I use EFT to pay almost all of my bills these days, large or small.

We use ACH transfers for bills with companies like that... but the US general public would still freakout if you were to pay an individual and they said "give me your bank account number..."

Wires of course are different than ACH - but it's just one of the areas the US is really behind... but hey, I'm just glad chip and tap has finally really displaced swiping in the majority of transactions

#5200 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

My distro (for Stern pins) has a 'wire funds' option, which I've done. They will take a CC, but there's a 3% surcharge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 7,865 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 158.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.