IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boof-ed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#289 2 years ago

I’d find it very hard to drop AU$6k non-refundable on four titles that I have no idea of what they are, when they would be coming and price of each.

#336 2 years ago

Have we worked out if it’s a real backglass or plexi?

#447 2 years ago

The order numbers are on everything bought from the store. My clan membership #98 and Game order #168.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Well this is a bit awkward......because I also ordered number 69.
Mainly because I am interested in Mermaid sex, but still.
Do we have to fight it out?

Every new pin has to have some sort of controversy. Shall we call it the great 69off of 21 or 69gate?

#501 2 years ago

I asked for game #11 but was taken. Got #12. Close enough.

#559 2 years ago

Man I hope that lighting effect on the walls come from the extra cab lighting on the mermaid. Looks awesome.

#731 2 years ago

I don’t understand why the 2.0 gameplay hasn’t been released, unless it’s unfinished. There might be people sitting on the fence until they see that.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

250 units worldwide will sell anyway i reckon.

I’m sure they will but wouldn’t it be better for the next titles if these ones sold out extremely quick? Get the fomo going for the next titles.

#766 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Mermaid Edition didn't sell out as quickly as folks here thought. Still available...

I truly believe if they had released footage of the new rules/code and they were any good, they would have sold out quicker.
Too many unknowns about it for people. At the moment it’s just a nice new shiny fathom.

#805 2 years ago

Whoops! Came here for some Haggis/fathom updates but I’ve quite clearly stumbled into the quarantine cooking thread.

1 week later
#926 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Texas boy here. I just placed my order. I am very excited!

Mermaid? What was the order number? They must be getting close to that magic number by now surely.

#940 2 years ago

If this hybrid playfield plays well and holds up I can see other manufacturers taking notice. Will eliminate all the playfield issues at present.

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

1) unknown,
6) warranty on the haggis website is quite lacking as the copy doesn’t represent what I think they sell…speaks of CD’s, VHS etc… weird… but it does say 30 days? https://haggispinball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=78&Itemid=497

I think all that is about returns only. Nothing their about warranty.

#1058 2 years ago

About 12 hrs to cut off from now guys.

#1060 2 years ago

Less than a couple of hrs to go people. Just thought I’d see how many were left. Looks like 11 and that’s it. That’s all it would allow me put in my cart.

#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Returned a "Sold Out" for me just now ... still a little bit of time to go!?

Yep. Congratulations team Haggis!

E3ADE782-2DAF-46EA-9889-3C137C71415F (resized).pngE3ADE782-2DAF-46EA-9889-3C137C71415F (resized).png
#1103 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I read the first page about whether this game is a Jaws rip off or another shark movie theme.
Go to page 23 and it is a discussion on kids playing soccer.
Hmmm.
Without reading the other 22 pages of this thread, is the game like the original or not?

You missed the cooking section too!

1 week later
#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Shit, should have got a standard then, the mermaids are brushed stainless.

This is joking around?

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Looks like I'm way up the chain at #232. Guess I'll go back to sleep for a while till they get to it.

Game number and build number are different. Pretty sure Damian has stated that they will be shipped based on when the order came in.
Series ticket holders will get theirs first though.

2 weeks later
#1280 2 years ago

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

I have reached a whole new level of excitement now & can't wait to get Celts when it's finished in the next month or 2.

Does this mean Fathom production may be pushed back if you’re expecting that time to receive your celts?
I’m happy to wait an extra month or two as a few purchases lately have been quite expensive.

2 weeks later
#1396 2 years ago

I got a second parcel yesterday with a couple of key chains and some haggis tokens in it. I have received everything except the beanie.

1 week later
#1433 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Why am I seeing Mermaid Fathom available for purchase again?
Maybe someone canceled?
Strange.

Must have been only one. Out of stock again.

#1440 2 years ago

Wow. $4000 non refundable deposit. Am I reading that correctly? I paid $1500 AUD deposit.

C0FF1412-A99D-42D6-95B4-E90FDCCA1B77 (resized).pngC0FF1412-A99D-42D6-95B4-E90FDCCA1B77 (resized).png
4 months later
#1758 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I believe Marty has stated a few times on multiple podcasts that he doesn't want to show the code off but have buyers experience it for the first time when they get it in their homes.

This is totally pointless unless they are going to ship every game at the same time. The first person to get theirs I’m sure is going to share with the rest of us. They will be the only ones to experience it this way. The rest will have spoilers everywhere.

#1761 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I’m not saying I agree with this, I’m just simply stating the facts.

I know. I’m saying that the facts are silly. It makes zero sense. You can’t have everyone experience what the new offerings are unless they all get delivered on the same day. Spoilers will be all over YouTube and face book the first day people have them.

2 months later
#2173 2 years ago

I was trying to gauge what the people that have orders were wanting/expecting.
Come vote in the poll.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fathom-mermaid-show-us-the-code-rules-yes-or-no-

2 weeks later
#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

punkin what type of snake is this . I almost stood on it today at the park .
[quoted image]

Looks like a tiger snake. They are a lot more yellow over in the west though.

1 week later
#2501 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Don't mean to sound insensitive but.... A go fund me page for someone who can afford very expensive luxury toys is kind of off-putting. How about helping out those who lost what very little they had?

The guy this happened to had some real class and posted to the page organising the go fund me to say he didn’t need it. He had insurance and was financially ok. He asked that people instead donated money to Ukrainian refugees or other people in the area that were struggling.
That’s why the page doesn’t work anymore.

3 weeks later
#3194 2 years ago

I’ve been sent my invoice for final payment and I’m really on the fence. The way I see it is the series games were to be made before Mermaids. If my game is going to be ready in 8 weeks to box then there should be some series games close or even built by now.
We just about saw every nut bolt and screw installed on celts and absolutely nothing on Fathom. There was no problem sharing the process before. Why is there now?
I will send my balance when I’ve seen some receive their series Mermaids or at least see them being boxed. That will get my confidence back.
I will say though I really want Haggis to succeed here.

#3204 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

I will take you spot then and pay in full as I’m a little way off of mine.
Just let Damo know and I’ll be happy

Well we should be seeing them soon if they have an 8 week build time. It might not be a problem. All I want to see is one being boxed. Series games should be just about built so they can start on these next games. We should be seeing games very soon if these times frames that are given are true and it will be fine.

#3304 2 years ago

Well I bit the bullet and paid up. If all reports are true we should be seeing those series games very soon. Spoke with a guy who is a series holder and he said his game was going into testing.
Go Haggis!

#3329 2 years ago

We must be close to seeing a series ticket holder game by now.

1 week later
#3436 2 years ago

There’s just one thing I can’t get my head around. If the series holders games are going into testing this week, so apparently made and the game I’m fully paid up for and ready for boxing in 6 weeks is being built, then why doesn’t haggis just show a few pictures of those "completed" games going into testing to shut all the nay sayers up?
Celts got plenty of updates. There was no problems keeping people up to date there. Why all the secrecy? It would sure take a lot of heat off them right now.
I’m backing haggis in here but I’d feel a lot better if I just saw something.

#3448 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Just curious and this might have been posted already, but has anyone received an invoice that is not a series ticket holder?

Yes. I’m not a series ticket holder but got my invoice about 2 weeks ago.

#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from jfrank:

Mind sharing your game #?

As others have said the game number is irrelevant. I ordered pretty much at release.
I know two others that have them ordered, one ordered about the same time I did and another 24hrs later. The one that ordered when I did has been invoiced. The later order hasn’t so they are true to their word and going in order sequence.
We have both paid up.

#3617 2 years ago

Please don’t turn this into the "wanna have a sleepover" thread. I get excited every time I look and there’s 20 new posts. I think that someone has seen something.

3F0791F1-0A90-4F2D-A2E7-7060C3351BC8.gif3F0791F1-0A90-4F2D-A2E7-7060C3351BC8.gif
#3619 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

The conversation was finished and you have just done the thing you said you didn't like by posting another post to fool others into thinking the thing you were complaining about.

Was a joke man.

#3643 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Cheers for the offer but my shed won’t be ready for a few months anyway. I’ll just wait. Did your Tron make the cut?

If you really want a Celts in a couple of months I’d be taking punkin up on his offer. If haggis are true to their word, they have totally moved onto Fathom and will be quite busy with those for a fair while. I’d say a very long time. 250 mermaids to build and then the standards.

#3648 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Yeah I’m in no rush ( been waiting for a turtles for ever) . I’ll send them an email & see what they say this week. I’d prefer a nib, but if it can’t happen I’ll get in touch with punkin.

Will be very interesting to see what they say.

1 week later
#3806 2 years ago

In my final payment invoice it said 8 weeks from date of full payment they expect to be putting it in a box. That was 4 weeks ago.

#3824 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

flynnebus says you shouldn't equate that to a ship date.

I didn’t. It’s the expectation of it being boxed. This is a picture of the email that says exactly what I said. I said nothing of a ship date.

13F70C21-A58B-4FE0-8EC1-9BF1B9344D7E (resized).jpeg13F70C21-A58B-4FE0-8EC1-9BF1B9344D7E (resized).jpeg
#3860 2 years ago

Makes me feel so much better about my full payment.

05F5A970-D933-4C66-81CE-94654EE78BA3.gif05F5A970-D933-4C66-81CE-94654EE78BA3.gif
#3867 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

So.. prod floor now in video. Check.. game getting wrapped up.. check.. One put in a box even.. check..
Shot of floor projector.. What was this a known feature ????
Go Haggis..

Yes the projector was in their reveal video.

#3873 2 years ago

Ok. Who got game #30? That’s yours in the clip.

02D97797-765E-4F1E-9D02-4D1AFC5865C0 (resized).jpeg02D97797-765E-4F1E-9D02-4D1AFC5865C0 (resized).jpeg
#3885 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

that's also a classic not a mermaid. weird .. I thought Damian said classics would be produced after mermaids?

It’s a mermaid edition of the classic series.

I see it was already answered.

#3955 1 year ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Does anyone know/predict when the classic edition will start to ship? I have yet to commit but am thinking I might grab one. Just don't want to be waiting like over a year or something from now. Cheers

Post 3938 mentioned haggis predicted to be done with the fathom builds around Christmas and may do some more celts then.

3 weeks later
#4312 1 year ago

Well hopefully I’ll have some good news this week. My game is supposed to be going into a box by Saturday the 28th. This date was given via email two weeks ago. I’ve received no updates on any delay to that timeline which was mentioned I would get if there was going to be a delay. Fingers crossed it happens. Go Haggis!

#4315 1 year ago

Edit. You know what, it’s not worth it.
Edit 2 may as well put it back in since it’s been quoted.

d0n for someone who’s trying to make a LOT of money by flipping fathoms you sure shit on Haggis a lot in this thread and on others that have hopes the game will ship soon.
I don’t understand why you have a preorder spot for sale at 4 times it’s value and then say the things you do? Wouldn’t you be better off pumping Haggis up?

#4382 1 year ago

Got some correspondence from Damien today. My game has been pushed back a couple of weeks. Not the news I had hoped for but at least I’m being informed.

1 week later
#4530 1 year ago
Quoted from Cappy:

Series Ticket Holder. Just picked it up. Just helping ease everyone's worry, they are getting them built!
[quoted image]

Nice. Hopefully another one on Perth very soon!
Please take some pictures for us all.

1 week later
#4751 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My mermaid edition on the line!

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just got an email from nitro saying my game is on the line and will be one of their first batch of games going to planetary pinball

So have you guys just been asked for full payment?

#4778 1 year ago

I’m not a series ticket holder. Invoiced for final payment and paid in March.

1 week later
#4823 1 year ago

For all those wondering

Quoted from John_I:

I suspect he had a lot more time on his hands for answering emails before I came along in the last couple of months. Now that the restrictions seem to be lifted and they are pumping out games, I'm sure he is busy as hell! Its all good, but it would be nice to know 100% for sure there will be a similar shipment of Classics to BAA like there will be for Mermaids, so I don't have to pay for freight from Australia.

Pretty sure the free shipping was only on the mermaids.

#4827 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

My distro is asking for shipping.
It may be free in a container to US, then freight/trucking charges from there to my home?
Just speculating

It’s free shipping to planetary and you pay from there to you but only on the mermaids. Classic editions pay for shipping from haggis factory.

2 weeks later
#4942 1 year ago

Just curious, what are the build times being said in the email for full payment for the people getting their invoice now or in the last couple of weeks?

#4945 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Build times of 8 weeks give or take after receiving invoice and payment.
I believe the series ticket holders would be completed and on to next group in a few weeks.

This isn’t the case. I’m currently at 15 weeks since full payment. I was wondering if they are still giving that time frame as it’s very misleading.

#4973 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Fine I'll buy a Mermaid.
Where do I sign up?

There was someone selling their spot a few post back. That’s the only way you’ll get a mermaid now.

#4974 1 year ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

I have a Haggis Fathom Mermaid spot that is available. Please PM me if interested. Thank you.

Quoted from Pinchild:

Fine I'll buy a Mermaid.
Where do I sign up?

#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Got notice from Damian last night and bank wired my balance first thing this morning. Projected completion date is 8 weeks but I have no problem if they go long. Worth the wait IMO.
I'm not a Series member so they must be wrapping it up for those people and now on to the Mermaids.
I'm still shaking my head at the people who gave zero credit to the #NOWORDS video and instead chose to demonized every second of it. Maybe Haggis should have named it #STFU

It may well be fine to wait and I’m sure the wait will be worth it but still saying 8 weeks build time to customers knowing full well that right now that they can’t do that, is not a good practice.
Not everyone will be as patient and it’s not a very good look at all. Haggis just needs to be honest and say 20weeks until they get that build time down to something close to 8 weeks.

#4990 1 year ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Do we have any evidence that it is taking more than eight weeks, now?

I guess we will in 8 weeks. I’m going into 16 weeks and my game hasn’t been started yet so I’d take that as a pretty good indicator.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m patient, I just don’t think some others could be as patient.
I’m sure they will get that timeframe down, it’s just not there yet.

#4995 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am in the 1st batch of games after series ticket holders and I received a email stating it would be a few weeks before my invoice and payment is due..
A few pins in line before my build and then I will be a scheduled build.
I believe the system is set up well to meet expectations and not get to far ahead..Damian has been great with me.
Congrats to the pins before me.

I was told I was in the first batch and paid in March with an 8 week build time. I know two others in the exact same position as myself. If you’re being told you’re in the first batch and being asked for payment now then one of us was told a porky pie.

#4997 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I am in the first batch of 5 after the last series ticket holders are done. Was told earlier this week that those last 5 should be done next week. After that, my game will be on the line. I also paid back in March and it has been well over 8 weeks.
I know I will get my game but would rather have been told 20 weeks if that was the real time frame.

Exactly the same as me. In that first 5 mermaids too.

#5040 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'm at week 5 since full payment was submitted for anyone curious to track payment to receipt of game. No word yet! Hoping its just a few more weeks!

I’m sorry to say I’m at 16 weeks and still waiting. Hopefully not too much longer for me now.

#5043 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Yeah I saw that as I'm tracking this thread. Yours seems to be an odd outlier for some reason from what I can tell. Others seem to get it faster - at least in the US so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It’s only the series ticket games going out so far. Haggis should be nearly done with them by now.
I’m definitely not the only one. I know of a few others in exactly the same boat as myself.

2 weeks later
#5159 1 year ago

I’ve been told the series ticket games are winding up this week and mine should be finished next week. Fingers crossed that happens.

#5169 1 year ago

I see he’s getting some love for his post there. Gold!

E959404A-2012-48FB-AC02-26E1401DB97C (resized).jpegE959404A-2012-48FB-AC02-26E1401DB97C (resized).jpeg
#5174 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Didn’t he “claim” to have already sold one of his 3 spots for $5k on here
Hahahahahahaa

I think he had 4 spots at one point.

1 week later
#5225 1 year ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Curious to know a rounded figure on that.

Well I can tell you that there was supposedly 20 series tickets. Damien told me I was supposed to be the 5th mermaid after that ( I’ve seen a few people say they were in the first 5 so not sure it’s correct) and I don’t have a game 20 weeks after full payment. Anyone getting their final invoice with an 8 week build timeframe should know it’s not going to be anywhere near that just yet.

#5226 1 year ago

Double post

#5237 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

There are 20 series ticket holders. Close to 20, or maybe even 20, have received their machine. Somewhere between 0 and 2 other people have received their machine. So I'd say somewhere between 15 and 22 have been delivered and that you are incorrect.

I don’t think he was saying 9 had been delivered. I read it as the amount we’ve seen on here are a small proportion of how many have actually gone out.

#5266 1 year ago

I’ve just been informed my game is made and getting boxed Monday. Hopefully shipping early next week.

#5312 1 year ago

Just got tracking information. My Fathom is on its way. Depending on how the transport company goes I should have it next week.

#5318 1 year ago
Quoted from Dakine747:

I think they look terrific on a game like Fathom, for example! I only wish they could laser-cut out the center of the larger pieces rather than cutting them to the exact same pattern of the original. This way, it wouldn't wash out the colors of the original plastics, and the large areas of clear (like on Fathom) could remain clear. [quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like haggis has got you.

1B3641F5-88D3-4B8E-9517-21E703D10C8A (resized).jpeg1B3641F5-88D3-4B8E-9517-21E703D10C8A (resized).jpeg710ADDFB-7DA0-4D1D-9A1A-7FFBA84D3C1F (resized).jpeg710ADDFB-7DA0-4D1D-9A1A-7FFBA84D3C1F (resized).jpeg
#5321 1 year ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

Haggis has done that Here's ours, picked up from the factory on Friday, which has the clear bits actually clear.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hard to tell from the pictures. Is it rubber on it or Titans/Perfect play type?

#5358 1 year ago

Just got notification. My game comes tomorrow.

B7F805F8-C130-4341-A898-A1708D901BEB.gifB7F805F8-C130-4341-A898-A1708D901BEB.gif
#5363 1 year ago

Woo hoo!

A6C8A2DD-391A-4E57-A9B2-F126A262CB17 (resized).jpegA6C8A2DD-391A-4E57-A9B2-F126A262CB17 (resized).jpeg65C3070A-4C58-465B-86AE-2BD61DD98333 (resized).jpeg65C3070A-4C58-465B-86AE-2BD61DD98333 (resized).jpeg
#5365 1 year ago

Well my first impressions.
The game is absolutely stunning. As people have said, pictures do not do this game justice. The blue and green definitely get blown out in pictures.
Sound is incredible.
Absolutely stunning craftsmanship.
Haven’t had any time to play it properly yet but a quick flip and I’m pretty impressed. Playfield is different to play on but could easily get used to it.

2FE87D6C-266C-404A-A6D5-6026676601CC (resized).jpeg2FE87D6C-266C-404A-A6D5-6026676601CC (resized).jpeg
#5366 1 year ago

I’m no streamer, nor great player but here’s a little Revisited gameplay recorded from my phone if you’re interested to see any. Never even seen a fathom in person before let alone played one. This is my 5th game in so no real idea of rules yet.

#5375 1 year ago

One of the mermaid battles sounds like the biggest bogan. I was waiting for her to tell me to F&$k off with a cigarette hanging out her moth.

#5376 1 year ago

Bogans for those wondering.

138ABA80-1DE1-458B-BAB0-3477470206A0.gif138ABA80-1DE1-458B-BAB0-3477470206A0.gif56D90CA0-02F5-4E76-939F-AEC2A9D6D576.gif56D90CA0-02F5-4E76-939F-AEC2A9D6D576.gif574D1126-6965-4AE5-AC2F-3B65EAE7E10D.gif574D1126-6965-4AE5-AC2F-3B65EAE7E10D.gifDA075678-F20B-4557-8ADA-0FE6C6121509.gifDA075678-F20B-4557-8ADA-0FE6C6121509.gifE36E5C57-AB03-4CE5-9007-D977069620AE.gifE36E5C57-AB03-4CE5-9007-D977069620AE.gif
#5419 1 year ago
Quoted from etien:

How #200 been called, cannot wait ( #216 here ), assuming they are calling in order of affectation.

They are getting built by the order date. Not the game number.
I’m game number 12 but was order number 5 and just got mine.

#5431 1 year ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I think Martin addressed this on the Final Round podcast. Someone else thought it sounded like him too. It is, however, not Martin.

It sounds so similar to Martin that he may as well have done the call outs.
My wife who can be very picky with what games she plays said " I really like it but the Aussie call outs just seem weird".

#5443 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Actually that's what I want to know. Obviously the game is being produced and Haggis is real, but I want to see the playfield UP CLOSE. This game has a new playfield build process unlike any other current manufacturer and there still is not a remotely decent set of detailed, close-up pictures with the glass off that I am aware of. On the other hand we have a million pictures of the bottom of the playfield, inside of the cabinet and the cabinet itself. Oh well. If I am wrong, please provide a link.

Here you go.

2D30D81B-3502-4969-9E63-E4640E338EC6 (resized).jpeg2D30D81B-3502-4969-9E63-E4640E338EC6 (resized).jpeg92C1707C-B3D0-41C9-B46D-ACECCD4BE0F7 (resized).jpeg92C1707C-B3D0-41C9-B46D-ACECCD4BE0F7 (resized).jpeg3D5E36A3-052D-4AEB-AD13-31F2BAF70D72 (resized).jpeg3D5E36A3-052D-4AEB-AD13-31F2BAF70D72 (resized).jpeg0007C345-4059-4CF8-8840-C7695D643249 (resized).jpeg0007C345-4059-4CF8-8840-C7695D643249 (resized).jpeg12A9D610-1041-4B26-AF33-81C0F623C13A (resized).jpeg12A9D610-1041-4B26-AF33-81C0F623C13A (resized).jpeg7A3BCE03-56A2-4CD5-B857-E15AF223B34D (resized).jpeg7A3BCE03-56A2-4CD5-B857-E15AF223B34D (resized).jpeg7FC2408B-D1E8-4799-8AE7-4F77A81E7C09 (resized).jpeg7FC2408B-D1E8-4799-8AE7-4F77A81E7C09 (resized).jpeg9C725795-0F05-4B74-9630-2BAFA9A89FB6 (resized).jpeg9C725795-0F05-4B74-9630-2BAFA9A89FB6 (resized).jpeg72A2FC4B-6ABC-4109-A08A-DC270D8F424D (resized).jpeg72A2FC4B-6ABC-4109-A08A-DC270D8F424D (resized).jpeg9C0FD962-A222-431E-B741-ABB8B7B30559 (resized).jpeg9C0FD962-A222-431E-B741-ABB8B7B30559 (resized).jpegF647248B-8ACC-481B-9EBB-61A53256A8A5 (resized).jpegF647248B-8ACC-481B-9EBB-61A53256A8A5 (resized).jpegFE9E134E-4C76-4FBD-9364-A0510793C72F (resized).jpegFE9E134E-4C76-4FBD-9364-A0510793C72F (resized).jpeg46A73DFC-83E7-44D0-BE0B-E8F64A62E802 (resized).jpeg46A73DFC-83E7-44D0-BE0B-E8F64A62E802 (resized).jpeg7AD14B8E-C976-4CC1-8F8E-7A40E2A5247A (resized).jpeg7AD14B8E-C976-4CC1-8F8E-7A40E2A5247A (resized).jpeg0A72DEE7-411E-47FF-9B6D-5E9411CF1E63 (resized).jpeg0A72DEE7-411E-47FF-9B6D-5E9411CF1E63 (resized).jpeg53566852-3663-49FE-95AA-2BA374C15D76 (resized).jpeg53566852-3663-49FE-95AA-2BA374C15D76 (resized).jpeg
#5445 1 year ago

Honestly, pictures don’t capture how beautiful it is in person.

#5454 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nice pics! While you have the camera out …
I was wondering how they handle the light inserts with the acrylic playfield.
Are there any inserts? Or does the light shine through a hole in the ply, then through the printed acrylic?
rd

There is no inserts. Just the hole in the ply. I’ll get a couple of snaps of that but I’d say the phone camera will blow out the led colours.

#5456 1 year ago

I’ll say it again. You need to see it in person. The camera does NOT show what it really looks like. I can show a million pictures and it does not look like how it really is to the naked eye.
I do not notice the thickness of the top layer unless I put my nose on the glass and look for it. It definitely feels different but I don’t think it’s bad. One thing I have noticed is even with lifting the playfield as advised it still has a lot of flexing. It seems strong across the length and width but twists very easily.

#5494 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I paid mine on Friday (begrudgingly) and have no confidence it will turn up in anything like 8 weeks. Early next year, maybe.

It will be good to see the time frame to gauge how they are going. Mine was 21 weeks to ship. By the time you get yours hopefully they can halve that.

#5545 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The latest Slam Tilt podcast, Bruce stated they have one at the place and it's been a lot of problems. Fuses blowing and not able to troubleshoot easily without schematics or documentation. Anyone else having any issues at all?

Not major issues. Couple of display gremlins but I think that’s more a coding problem.

3 weeks later
#5601 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure if they’ll up the quantity (they should) but they’ll definitely have to up the price.

Maybe both.

1 month later
#5739 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I can’t stand Fish Tales
Part of it was the particular one that was a fixture in my league that routinely crushed my nights. But more seriously, I think the scoring balance needs work and the music gets on my nerves. The topper is so loud and annoying. The video mode is cute until you’ve done it, and watched others, a couple hundred times.
Maybe I’d like it more if it had the standard flippers and not lightening. Idk. That game always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I’m in agreement with you. I can’t stand it. Was my first pinball and I played it to the point that I couldn’t stand the sight or sound of it.
I’ve tried it on a few more occasions thinking things may have changed but no. Still cringe.

#5758 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

7 months he said. Order #171
It's Dave (kayakkingoz)

Wow he was supposed to be the game after me and I’ve had mine 3 months and played it, worked out it’s probably not for me and nearly ready to pass it on.

Edit: I got him mixed up with someone else I think. Might not have been him that was the next in line.

#5770 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianMadden:

They gave us v76 which we applied at the show right before it opened. Damian told us it was still undergoing testing and would be released soon.
I didn't put too much time into the new code since I was busy with show things, but even though the show was loud, I immediately noticed more and fancier light shows and some more sounds.
It's definitely more stable too in terms of getting confused about balls. We had this machine at the Northwest show in June running v62 and there were several times when we had to pull the glass to get a ball out of a saucer because the machine was confused. That never happened at Expo (at least not when I was there).
The machine held up well at Expo too after another essentially three solid days of play. We broke a flipper (cracked plastic, not Haggis's fault) but I was able to buy some replacement bats from a vendor on the floor. (That's why the lower flippers were white instead of translucent blue.) Also there is a physical spot where the ball would get hung up (lower left corner just above the apron). That's what those photos a few posts up show. When we pulled the glass to get the ball, I removed that plastic piece to go find a post from a vendor to block that path to getting stuck, though it was too late and all the vendors were closed by then. But a post to block that area would fix that, I'll install one when we get the machine unpacked back in Seattle. (Haggis may have addressed that in the production runs too, the machine we have was way earlier in the run.)

Do you know if that v76 code available to owners? On their site I can only find v62

4 weeks later
#5859 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Just got word that my game is on the line and will be completed end of this week. I almost sold my spot too. I'm glad nobody took me up on it. I was considering selling because I have a TBL and a Mermaid fully paid for. It just seemed so risky. Now with my game hopefully shipping out next week I feel a whole lot better. Nobody knows why Damian doesn't post updates. Maybe it's because no matter what he says, he gets too much negative feedback. I really am excited for my game. It will be replacing my Williams Diner. TBL will replace st:tng. My lineup will be pretty amazing. Baywatch, Rush Prem, GZ Prem, TBL, TZ, MM, SS, Mermaid, Big Ben (EM from my childhood). When my CC SE+ finally ships it will replace SS. I really like Baywatch... nuts huh?

How long since full payment? I’m hoping they are getting faster as it will make everyone start to feel better about the situation. Mine was 23 weeks from full payment.

#5893 1 year ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

I think they will be too busy building the next game to worry about a re-run. It would take a major expansion on their part to build 2 different games at the same time & I certainly don't see that happening in the next few years.
It's my bet that we will find out what the 2nd game is in the first half of 2023.

I think if we see the next title announced and deposits asked for before at least half (maybe more) of the fathoms are in hands there may be a little loss of confidence from the consumer.
I’d love to see production speeding up a little before I would be dropping any more money on the next game.

#5961 1 year ago

Thought I’d post this short clip that I had recorded for a mate that wanted to see my line up now as it had changed so much in 12 months.
Don’t worry about the games just check out how much fathom cabinet stands out amongst the others.
Only recorded on my phone and the flash is on so some light getting thrown on it.
Had the Aerosmith DJ mixer on to drown out all those bloody stern cooling fans so not sure if it will get flagged

1 week later
#6047 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That literally looks like your playing underwater...

That’s only in attract mode. As soon as you press start the clown puke goes away.

#6049 1 year ago

I think so. Mine still has V62 as there has been no official code update yet.

#6051 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I didnt mean that as a bad thing, I bet it looks stunning all the way around.

Was only saying that because some think that’s how it looks all the time.

2 weeks later
#6163 1 year ago

I thought I’d have a look at how many games I had played so far. 812! I thought to myself that’s not correct. There’s no way I’ve played even half that amount. Played 2 more games and went into audits. 817. Seems the game count has a few issues.
Can someone else with a game see if their game count is putting on more than one play per game?

1 month later
#6298 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Very interesting.
My deposit was the exact same day.
Still no completion date as of yet.
Still not paying to fly it here either.
Oh well

It’s more about the final balance date than the deposit date. Most people bought them in the first 2 weeks from release.

1 month later
#6341 12 months ago

There’s a lock under the left side of the backbox. You just lift the glass out like any other backglass.

1 month later
#6359 10 months ago

It would be a shame not to open and have a bash before moving it on.
I understand your logic but to see two of these games up for sale and I still don’t have mine, makes me a little puzzled
As to why wait so long and not even flip it.
GLWTS

I’ve been flipping mine for 10 months. The game just isn’t for me. I’ve also done the same and listed mine for US buyers. There is no interest in Oz for the game.

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Basically new. Huo. I’m the original buyer. Minimal use. Still have the original box and can repack for shipping. Bugs have been ironed out. Ready for play.”
2023-06-05
Perth, WA
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 555 times

#6364 10 months ago

If it helps anyone with this, I have a friend who is fully paid up with a mermaid and waiting for it to be built. You can take over his spot and get it shipped straight from Haggis and he will take my game as it’s virtually new. If you choose the container it will be free shipping to planetary I think it was.

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Basically new. Huo. I’m the original buyer. Minimal use. Still have the original box and can repack for shipping. Bugs have been ironed out. Ready for play.”
2023-06-05
Perth, WA
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 555 times

#6366 10 months ago

Someone talked me into keeping mine so I guess it’s staying for now.

#6368 10 months ago

I guess if it won't sell ya keep it wether you want to or not! good news IMHO

Or if you want to get rid of it you keep it up for sale until it goes. If there was really that much demand for this title it would have gone or at least had more inquiries than I got.
I wonder how many people that said they wanted this title which prompted the extra games actually ponied up when the time came?

1 week later
#6389 10 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

About 1/day the last time I asked. Damian plans to announce the next title this summer, so I would assume Fathom would wrap up soon after.

But there’s the "extra demand" games, classic versions and celts games to make first.
Is there anyone out there not been invoiced for their games yet? If so there’s at least 5-6 months of building them to go.

#6391 10 months ago

That will give people a good guide if they do in fact invoice you last. Build times from full payment still seem to be in that 5-6 month timeframe.

6 months later
#6681 3 months ago

<blockquote cite="#7640905

Quoted from Clytor:

I thought it was cool to offer the 2.0 to the classic buyers. It's a shame to limit something unique like that. They didn't offer all the other cool stuff you got with the Mermaid.

I actually don't believe that at all and it's not the reason we bought ours. However, there are some. One of them got ejected from the thread quite a while ago.

You got everything except shiny hardware and reflective decals. The rest was in the upgrade from memory.

1 week later
#6707 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

OK if all remaining Fathoms are to be made by the end of the year I will bare my arse in Bourke street. Only way will be if idiots signup and pay money on another Pyramid scheme 100% trading whilst Insolvent

At least we didn’t have to see this Wayne.

2 weeks later
#6887 73 days ago
Quoted from georgia:

Even if haggis puts out another update video with a yet another new deadline (that they won't meet) and more promises of "getting back in front of social media" (that they won't do)... who is going to believe them THIS time? Fool me once, twice, three, four, five times... shame on you. Fool me 6 times... shame on me?

Only way you’re going to see or hear anything from Haggis is when they are asking for more money. It’s the only time we’ve seen or heard from them since this all started.

As for the person that was asking for opinions on the game, I was one of the first off the line. I moved mine on as I was spending way too much time under the bonnet and adjusting coil power settings, flipper button switch adjustments and the drops never worked properly the whole time I had it.
The bugs and stalls were really starting to get frustrating too. Maybe they got better as they went. Not sure.

The last straw for me was when Haggis offered the extra package to bring the standards up to the mermaid specs. Only thing missing was the polished metal and under cab lighting.
It was hilarious and frustrating to listen to Marty bag stern on the latest Final round podcast for upsetting their LE buyers by offering more LEs. I think he said you’re burning your top of the line buyers who wanted to feel like they had something special. Absolutely zero self awareness there. It’s exactly what your company did!

#6896 73 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

I read your ad when it was listed. Don't recall any of this being mentioned.

It was 100% disclosed to anyone that answered my ad.

#6927 73 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Yeah but...... who would want to buy a Fathom without the updated code? It always seemed like such a jerk move to do that. What's the point of a re-release if it doesn't have new code?

100% agree with you but they sold the games as being the only way to get that code. It was a major part of the sales pitch. Then turn around and go back on that was not a great move.
The reasoning was there was "a huge amount of demand" I’m pretty sure was the term used. I call bullshit on that demand as I couldn’t sell my game for a very long time. I even offered a Brand new game delivered to PPS for less than new to US buyers and didn’t get a single reply. I had a friend that was paid up and waiting for his game. He would have taken mine and the US buyer got a NIB game.

#6991 72 days ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I’ve seen the game in question with the huge bow in the play field, from the plastic top, or whatever separating from the wood.
Just because it doesn’t get talked about on pinside, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen lol

I have also seen and played on a game with a playfield that had bubbled in the middle. It isn’t a one off you’re talking about.
Edit: It wasn’t mine.

#7076 69 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

So we now have a list of five that have paid and not received their machine.As noted on Pinside 91 have.5 on public locations,and 105 on their wishlist.Based on the figures at this stage less than five per cent(96 machine owners) are waiting.

You know people can say they own the game without having it in their possession? I wouldn’t be using those owners lists as confirmation of ownership. 3 of those five above are on the owners lists and don’t have a game.
Only Haggis really knows how many are out there and I don’t think they will share that until they are all made.
Perfect example here. Definitely not 100 pulp fiction owners out there.

IMG_5411 (resized).pngIMG_5411 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#7335 54 days ago

Correct
You got to choose a number unless it was already taken
69 was gone , so I went with 181

And then the number 69 game got sold a week or two before Haggis offered the upgrade kits. Coincidence? I think not.

#7339 54 days ago

69 went straight away once preorders were sorted, I know this for a fact.
What are you implying? Actually don’t tell me as this thread has gone to hell anyway.
This is why I started posting pics again of this beautiful game .[quoted image]

I’m not implying , I’m saying the guy that ended up with 69 sold his game just before the upgrade kits were released by haggis.

SOLD!
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Pre-order spot for a game (Personal only) - “Hello, Ordered Fathom Mermaid Edition a long time ago. Since then I only really buy games to put on location or rent out. Fathom Mermaid Edition is too pretty for either of those ...”
2023-04-26
Melbourne, VI
2,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 486 times
Contributed to Pinside

#7464 51 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

tbutler6 All I can tell you is that I was having issues with consistency with my flippers. I would clean them and adjust them. They would work better but then act up again. I replaced with flipper cabinet switches with low voltage switches and I haven't had a single problem since.

I had this exact problem. Was always adjusting the flipper switches.

3 weeks later
1 week later
#7694 17 days ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

well they still haven't got centaur approved for sale yet so no chance of anyone paying deposits or payments in full till that happens.

There’s lots of deposits paid. I know of at least one person that has paid in full for centaur. I’m sure there are others that have at least been asked.

#7732 15 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I suppose thats true, but 4k non refundable deposit on games you know will never come, even in a realistic best case scenario, is pretty rough. Its also entirely possible a season ticket holder has paid in full for their fathoms and not received them, its also entirely possible that a series ticket holder has paid in full for a centaur. I'm not sure if theres anyone who has paid in full for both Fathom and Centaur and not received at least their Fathom yet, I would say its far fetched, but I can't say for sure.

All deposits on series ticket games after Fathom were supposed to be held in escrow as per Haggis terms on the website at the start, so if something was to happen to Haggis it would be interesting to see if those were returned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boof-ed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=boof-ed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.