PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 3 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 2 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (1 year ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (31 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (31 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 7,618 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 153.
#1 2 years ago

OK. Good tease. You got me.

It's Fathom + Fathom 2.0

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/haggis-pinball-announces-fathom-revisted-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-editions-features-rules-plus-an-interview-with-haggis-pinball/

Hear all about FATHOM REVISTED from Haggis Pinball. Damian Hartin explains:

https://www.pinballprofile.com/episode-304-fathom-revisited-by-haggis-pinball/

--

FATHOM REMAKE NEWS AND INTERVIEW!

The Pinball Show Episode 57: Get Off My Ocean!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nna64-101c54d

----

Haggis have been teasing a new pinball over the last couple of days.
And now this.

Holy shit if its true.

e13bcf7c20ad778af1f310523977ed41c6d1efaf (resized).pnge13bcf7c20ad778af1f310523977ed41c6d1efaf (resized).png

Jaws (resized).pngJaws (resized).png

#2 2 years ago

I love the Haggis logo!

#3 2 years ago

I will be shocked if their game #2 is a Universal Studios production themed game.
Unless they transition to parody teasing-

Like the fish on the wall with huge teeth in a previous teaser

Maybe its a funny parody.

#4 2 years ago

Or it’s generic shark game, which id still be into

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Or it’s generic shark game, which id still be into

#6 2 years ago

Nice!

#8 2 years ago

If it is I am fxxked! how do I get the monies together?
I got CELTS coming and may have to sell another to get it, 3rd world problems

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from lachied:

Sharknado licensed pin?

My dad is addicted to these movies.

#10 2 years ago

Just release a cool jaws-type pin and enable the end users to manipulate the video and audio-assets

#11 2 years ago

Sweet has anyone in the states gotten a Haggis pin yet?

#12 2 years ago

I’d rather it be Sharknado than Jaws.

rd

#13 2 years ago

A Celtic theme and now a generic shark theme? Is this company trying to go out or business?

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’d rather it be Sharknado than Jaws.
rd

Absolutely

Nice plug btw FalconPunch

#15 2 years ago

Maybe it’s a Loch Ness monster pin.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Maybe it’s a Loch Ness monster pin.

Yes!!! Jaws Vs Lochness.

#17 2 years ago

I haven't played their first game yet. However, if you are saying "Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water" in your Coming Soon video, it damn well has to be Jaws, or I'll never take you seriously again. If I'm considering a pinball machine, and a company says that to me, I'd put the one I was going to buy on hold to see Jaws from you. I know how people have bantered about this theme over the years, but I still see that as a good theme. A couple of years ago they played Jaws at the Drive-In near me, and we watched it from the back of my truck there.

So whoever put that video together needs to deliver Jaws. They just set my expectation on Jaws. Not Sharknado, not a joke, Jaws. Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women.

#18 2 years ago

Piranha 3DD ?

56A5560A-7B3B-49E9-B109-249C6A5F7347 (resized).jpeg56A5560A-7B3B-49E9-B109-249C6A5F7347 (resized).jpeg
#19 2 years ago

I thought Stern had / has the JAWS license. I do know that’s a direct quote from the trailers when JAWS came out...Could it be Piranha ?! I want JAWS regardless hope it’s done properly who ever makes it.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Piranha 3DD ?
[quoted image]

Whoa beat me by 36 seconds but yeah it’s got piranha vibe. I actually love those movies... who knows perhaps Christopher Llyod will get two pins this year Piranha 3DD and Back To The Future!

#21 2 years ago

Maybe , watching very closely while waiting for my CELTS

814F15CD-7193-4BB4-971F-74F6889D34CA (resized).jpeg814F15CD-7193-4BB4-971F-74F6889D34CA (resized).jpeg
#22 2 years ago

The Meg would be a cheaper license that Jaws

#23 2 years ago

Always loved this film as a Jaws ripoff, but my bet is on Loch Ness Monster.

33491A8F-8DEF-426A-8A66-36F5BE229280 (resized).jpeg33491A8F-8DEF-426A-8A66-36F5BE229280 (resized).jpeg
#24 2 years ago

Maybe its Jaws 4: the revenge

#25 2 years ago

There’s NO WAY Haggis has the Jaws license. It could be a generic shark theme or one of the B movies others have mentioned in this thread, but Jaws is too big of a license for an upstart like Haggis to get. In order for it to be profitable they’d have to sell thousands of them and Haggis doesn’t have that capability or track record. I think the only manufacturers capable of doing Jaws would be Stern or JJP.

#26 2 years ago

I wouldn't mind Deep Blue Sea either

I don't think it's impossible for Haggis to get the Jaws license and for them to work out a reasonable price for it. Zen Pinball did a Jaws game after all. The issue with the license has always sounded more like you just get the name of the movie and the shark. The music and various actor licenses cost a lot more, if some are even gettable. At least that's the impression I've gotten from smarter people about this particular license.

I'm sorta conflicted because I really want a Jaws machine, but I also know that it won't be the game I've been thinking about for years. Sinking Orca upper-playfield mech, a shark head that pops out and eats the ball, swimmer leg drop targets to eat, the Austin Powers/Walking Dead crossbow mech to harpoon the shark, etc... I've always liked the idea of having two game modes, one where you're trying to stop the shark and another where you're the shark causing chaos.

I'll be happy either way though. Generic shark game could be a great original theme IMHO.

#27 2 years ago

It's not possible for Haggis to get any license. They've sold 18 pinball machines.

Settle down people.

As an aside, isn't it funny the staying power that advertising for bad sequels to memorable movies have had over the decades?

Both "just when you though it was safe" (Jaws 2) and "They're Back" (Poultergeist 2) have survived in the pop culture consciousness for 40 years, while the terrible movies are forgotten.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not possible for Haggis to get any license. They've sold 18 pinball machines.

More than Dutch when they licensed TBL from Universal

Pretty sure they mostly care about the check cashing. There's all sorts of Jaws merchandising crap. It was one of the first major movies to get heavily into licensing random junk.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

More than Dutch when they licensed TBL from Universal
Pretty sure they mostly care about the check cashing. There's all sorts of Jaws merchandising crap. It was one of the first major movies to get heavily into licensing random junk.

Dutch had an industry veteran securing the Licensing for them. Licensing games isn't as easy as just snapping your fingers and cutting a check.

You need to convince them you know what you are doing and won't embarrass the brand. Some Australians nobody's ever heard of swinging hammers around...I just don't know man.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dutch had an industry veteran securing the Licensing for them. Licensing games isn't as easy as just snapping your fingers and cutting a check.

So...Haggis could pay Roger Sharpe to help...

It's not a Herculean task to go hire a consultant to get it done. It's just a question of having the capital to pay for it.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How did Heighway get Alien?

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So...Haggis could pay Roger Sharpe to help...
It's not a Herculean task to go hire a consultant to get it done. It's just a question of having the capital to pay for it.

Do you think they have the capital to pay for it?

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you think they have the capital to pay for it?

They had the capital to start a whole factory.

I think it would be hard to argue that Jaws wouldn't sell like hotcakes and be a killer ROI. That is assuming they can keep up with the demand, but that's a good problem to have.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

There’s NO WAY Haggis has the Jaws license. It could be a generic shark theme or one of the B movies others have mentioned in this thread, but Jaws is too big of a license for an upstart like Haggis to get. In order for it to be profitable they’d have to sell thousands of them and Haggis doesn’t have that capability or track record. I think the only manufacturers capable of doing Jaws would be Stern or JJP.

You mean like how Heighway got Alien?

Or Dutch got TBL?

Quoted from Cheeks:

How did Heighway get Alien?

The same way everyone else gets a license. Money.

#35 2 years ago

Judging by posts in their facebook / the Haggis thread, this is looking more like a FishTales knock off than Jaws.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-pinball-new-australian-pinball-company/page/3#post-6239863

1b3d1ade347446753199db5e88499a69acee12c4 (resized).jpg1b3d1ade347446753199db5e88499a69acee12c4 (resized).jpga6ff75af2d67ba49bd9ab20ee686cf8d72735c8a (resized).jpga6ff75af2d67ba49bd9ab20ee686cf8d72735c8a (resized).jpg
#36 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

However, if you are saying "Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water" in your Coming Soon video, it damn well has to be Jaws, or I'll never take you seriously again.

Absolutely agree. I don’t think they have Jaws, but to use the tag line is a total troll move to generate clicks and buzz.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Absolutely agree. I don’t think they have Jaws, but to use the tag line is a total troll move to generate clicks and buzz.

Heaven forbid!!

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Really? You guys can’t be serious. Maybe you forgot the emoji?

#39 2 years ago

If it isn't Jaws but is some other Fishing based game then I'd say it's been pretty good marketing knowing the Jaws hint would get us talking.

#40 2 years ago

How did you arrive at this number 18 CrazyLevi? when I ordered, I was #53
Maybe I am wrong, I have a feeling you are though as there was ALOT of interest in Europe for this title.
Never under estimate an Aussie!
HOMEPIN doesn't count as he is an expat and is a disgrace re pinball machines.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Really? You guys can’t be serious. Maybe you forgot the emoji?

That’s a good point! I’ll start a thread with unfounded rumors combined with famous movie tag lines. That would be so funny! So many thumbs up for me!

“You’ll believe a man can fly” coming soon from Jersey Jack. Ha, fooled ya, it’s Chronicle The Pinball.

#42 2 years ago

Update video

#43 2 years ago

Weird.

Fathom 2.0?!?

Mermaid trapped...dive again!

#44 2 years ago

That’s what I thought too. Modern Fathom game

Bringing back the reverse outlanes?

#45 2 years ago

For some reason I’m getting a
Friday the 13th vibe. Woodsy, calm water like a lake.

Welp, that was until I heard the “this ocean is mine quote”

#46 2 years ago

"Back in the water" quote was JAWS 2....they are signifying a remake.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

"Back in the water" quote was JAWS 2....they are signifying a remake.

Jaws 2 is bad but it's still the best Jaws sequel by a large margin. It's got some memorable moments.

My favorite one is probably when Jaws eats the helicopter.

#48 2 years ago

I would be really surprised if he would sell 100 Celts game though.
There are so many better options available...

While 18 is low, I wouldn’t be all that surprised either if that’s all.

If a game like RAZA couldn’t sell 150 pieces with all the drama and attention to it, Celts certainly won’t do better and I assume it to have way under 100 orders.

Didn’t they just ship their first game a few days/weeks ago?
Would be pretty soon to release another machine if they would still need to build a lot of Celts?

Quoted from oldskool1969:

How did you arrive at this number 18 CrazyLevi? when I ordered, I was #53
Maybe I am wrong, I have a feeling you are though as there was ALOT of interest in Europe for this title.
Never under estimate an Aussie!
HOMEPIN doesn't count as he is an expat and is a disgrace re pinball machines.

#49 2 years ago

Not Jaws, more likely Nessie.

#50 2 years ago

Ironically my current project after Mad Max is my retheme of Fish Tales into Jaws! About half done now, can't wait to get it flipping. Been working on it for 12 months, hope to have it done by spring.

I was thinking Lochness as a spinoff of Celts ...but now thinking a Fathom spinoff. I know one of the guys in the Haggis shed is a mad Fathom nut.

Looking forward to see it what ever it is!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Machine - For Sale
Pensacola, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,618 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.