20210918_170734 (resized).jpg
20210918_164900 (resized).jpg
20210918_164837 (resized).jpg
20210918_163313 (resized).jpg
20210918_110356 (1) (resized).jpg
20210918_072133 (resized).jpg
20210917_165031 (resized).jpg
20210917_164522 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#314 6 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Once it arrives in the USA do you have to pay more in shipping from Planetary to your home?

I hope not. No other manufacturers hit you for a shipping fee. Right?

#417 5 months ago

Ya know I wonder if the Aussies rate some these older titles differently than say I would.
For Example: is Frontier considered way better than Centaur?
Or is a Bally Star Trek way better than a Centaur or Evel Knievel.
That could have an effect on the next 5 games.

#468 5 months ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Not many Fathoms (or Medusa) came to Australia back in the 80's

Interesting.

#571 5 months ago

I read earlier that if you purchased a Celts that you could choose the Haggis composite playfield or the original all wood playfield.
Did Haggis say if that was an option to choose for the Fathom as well?

#575 5 months ago

Imo, Haggis is showing all the signs of an honest and high quality start up company. I wish them the best of luck. They’ve got my full support!
This is exciting!

#592 5 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Pinball Profile interview stated they would be using the new hybrid technology for the playfields.

Just wish this playfield technology was somewhere close by to see, touch and play in person. Oh well.

#639 5 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is there a list of the other 4 classics being made?

Nope. Not yet.

#641 5 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Me neither Steve. Breathe deep bud. I’m sure they’re somewhat overwhelmed at the moment. If anything happens we can Thelma and Louise together out of the hobby.

Me too. They gotta be crazy busy.

#646 5 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Speaking of 80s Ballys, every time I see you on these forums I beat myself up for not buying your Mystic. Asleep at the wheel. Pretty sure that’s not on the Haggis five.

Good news is that the Mystic is still in Chicagoland. A great local pinsider bought it so you may get another shot down the road. That cpr playfield was gorgeous.

#719 5 months ago

Flash Gordon would be incredible to see redone.
I miss mine.

#759 5 months ago

I wonder if Haggis ever thought of commissioning Greg Feres to create new artwork for a new backglass, something like “Fathom 2.0”. This could be sold separately. Haggis is doing there real backglasses in house so all they need is the artwork no?
Don’t get me wrong, I love the original backglass but this could be a follow up to commemorate the 2.0 rules that you could interchange at times

Either that or a cool retro looking topper with lights.

What do you think Haggis?

#780 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

How good would this track by The Black Keys be suited to this machine in the 2.0 code? Put it in the multiballs please Damian.

Lyrics
Down in the waves
She screams again
Roar at the door
My mind can't take much more
I could never drown in
They wanna get my
They wanna get my
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye
Clouds covered love's
Barbed-wire fence
Strung up, strung out
I just can't go without
I could never drown in
They wanna get my
They wanna get my
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye
They wanna get my
They wanna get my
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye
Gold on the ceiling
I ain't blind
Just a matter of time
Before you steal it
It's alright
Ain't no blood in my eye

Great tune. Love the Black Keys.

#782 5 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Based on posts in this thread, a little over half of them sold within one week of launch. How quickly were these folks expecting these machines to sell? Complete sell-out within a few days? I think Haggis is hoping for 250 units sold within a month, and then go into full scale production in July. Time will tell if they assessed the potential market correctly.

Do you know exactly how many have sold so far?

2 weeks later
#972 5 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

In one of his videos he talks about it. Unless I misunderstood.
I'll do a passive search for it but I'm not going spend a lot of time. Better yet, I'll send Damain an email to confirm.</blockquote

Good point. The thing of it is, I don't care.
I fully expect these games to play differently and not just the playfield. The flipper mechs, slings and probably the drop targets will likely have a different feel and sound to them. The original Fathom is over 30 years old and this is to be expected.
But that doesnt mean its going to be a bad difference which is the sense I'm getting from some people. (not you) It's just going to be different and I believe that difference will be negligible.
And with coil strengths etc available in the settings, who knows, this new game has the potential to play even better.
This will be a modern Fathom, which is what I want, and I can't imagine anyone having a *horrible* experience from playing it.

Quoted from Mr68:

I fully expect these games to play differently and not just the playfield. The flipper mechs, slings and probably the drop targets will likely have a different feel and sound to them. The original Fathom is over 30 years old and this is to be expected.
But that doesnt mean its going to be a bad difference which is the sense I'm getting from some people. (not you) It's just going to be different and I believe that difference will be negligible.
And with coil strengths etc available in the settings, who knows, this new game has the potential to play even better.
This will be a modern Fathom, which is what I want, and I can't imagine anyone having a *horrible* experience from playing it.

Quoted from Mr68:

Quoted from Mr68:

I actually like the fact the fact that are only offering their patented process for the new Fathoms. If you didn’t, every asshole out there will be saying why buy a new Fathom when you can restore an old one and then it’s ultimately the same game.
They’re taking a chance by doing this but I believe in these guys! And I’m one of those assholes that already owns a restored Fathom with a new playfield and cleared cabinet! It’s beautiful.
But this whole package of new code, lcd displays in the apron and the unique playfield is very exciting and worth taking a chance.
I mean of course it won’t play exactly the same and I don’t want it to play exactly the same!
I’m hoping it plays crazy fast with the nostalgic feel.
Kind of like busying a resto mod/old muscle car with a crate engine, new trans, new rear end, new disc brakes. Sounds bad ass!

#1038 5 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I'll be surprised if they remake Paragon as it's a Super Widebody. Certainly worthy though - great game!
Centaur and Flash Gordon are tops on my list. I might even consider replacing my excellent EBD with a remake that has additional code.

Flash Gordon without a doubt should be made. I actually believe if that was the first machine, they would have sold out in a “flash”.
Paragon would just be spectacular. That artwork is so incredible.
I’m cool with Centaur.
Frontier is also just a fantastic rule set and is one of those games that not everyone has put a lot of time on.
Evel Knievel would be top notch too.

#1040 5 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Flash Gordon would be out of this world if they could get the rights to the film and soundtrack. There are so many goofy modes they could make from that movie. Sam Jones or Timothy Dalton would be great choices for creating the new call outs.

100% agreed! New Sam Jones call outs would blow everybody’s minds!! Make it happen Haggis!! This would be ……………… amazing!
I don’t know anybody that isn’t secretly in love with this game. It truly is a gem.
Centaur, for example, is a little more polarizing. Some people love it and there’s people that don’t like it because of the dark theme/artwork. Still great though.

#1112 5 months ago

Probably a little while. I’m guessing they gotta crank out those Celts orders first.

1 week later
#1221 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I understand too, it's just good to remember there's a global audience to your comments.

Woolgoolga really exists?!! Lol.
I thought you might be making that up.
Nice.

#1248 4 months ago

Wow.

1 month later
#1420 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Fathom bump
[quoted image]

That is so hilarious. Wish I could give a double thumbs up.

2 weeks later
#1558 77 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Your comment is not lost on me and it's one of the reasons I have always had a fondness for Australia.
On July 1, 2018 we celebrated your country and our 100 year alliance. And it was much more than just grandads as you will read.
"US, Australian Service Members Mark 100 Years of 'Mateship' "
FORT MYER, Va. -- Being a "mate" in Australia has a whole different connotation than in the United States.
Australians trust a mate implicitly. A mate is a person who shares the last drink of water or the last bit of food or the last beer in the six-pack.
A mate is always ready to help.
A mate shares values, and that is why the United States and Australia celebrated 100 Years of "Mateship" yesterday morning with services at the National Cathedral, followed by a special Twilight Tattoo here last night.
For the U.S. and Australian militaries, the idea of mateship reaches to a higher level. On July 4, 1918, U.S. and Australian soldiers went into combat together assaulting the German line on the Western Front. The Australian soldiers were battle-hardened. The Americans were green. For the first time in history, and one of the few instances in World War I, American troops fought under the direct command of another country. Australian and American soldiers -- from the Illinois Army National Guard's 33rd Infantry Division -- literally fought shoulder to shoulder at the Battle of Hamel. Platoons of Americans were attached to Australian companies.
At the end of the textbook combined arms effort, there were 1,062 Australian casualties and 176 American.
STRONG BONDS THROUGH VARIOUS CONFLICTS
Marine Corps Gen. Joe Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that while mateship began at Le Hamel, it grew with each conflict. "That mateship -- that partnership -- continued through World War II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Somalia, and -- most recently -- in Afghanistan and Iraq," he said at a reception before the Twilight Tattoo. "I know that all of us assembled … are proud of what our nations represent and the strategic significance of our relationship."
Dunford cited incidents from World War II, Vietnam and Afghanistan in which Australian soldiers worked with U.S. forces to uphold their mutual values. "That is what mateship means to me -- it is my pride in being associated with the Australian armed forces," he said. "I can speak on behalf of all Americans here in saying we are deeply proud of our bond and look forward to the next 100 years of mateship."
Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick M. Shanahan spoke of the bond between the two nations at the memorial service earlier in the day. He said the United States and Australia built an edifice as impressive as the National Cathedral in their fight against tyranny in World War I and beyond. That edifice, he said, was in Northern France.
"Its walls were not made of stone or wood, but of flesh And blood," he said. "Its mortar was the mud of the trenches. Its foundation [was the] courage in young kids from Queens and Queensland, from Adelaide to Appalachia."
The bonds forged on the Western Front endured, and Australia and the United States stand together in an interesting and complex world, Shanahan said, adding that the relationship needs leaders who can deal with ambiguity, uncertainty and change.
https://www.army.mil/article/208025/us_australian_service_members_mark_100_years_of_mateship

Cool post 68.

2 weeks later
#1574 62 days ago

Let’s go Haggis!

#1579 62 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

They haven't started shipping the pinball machine they sold before this one.
Don't go getting excited now girls.

Kill Bill avatar. Nice!

3 weeks later
#1593 39 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

In the final stages of negotiation to sell my Bally Fathom. Dunno if i'll ever find one as nice again.
Banking everything on you Damian and team.

Ha! That’s interesting. I have the same problem. (Fortunate problem to have.) I’ll be hanging on to mine but it’s just because I’m too lazy to put mine up for
sale right now. It’s such a great game. I wouldn’t worry about it though. The build quality by Haggis looks very very good. (Just watch the Celts video again and you won’t look back)

4 weeks later
#1665 8 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Think of it as an 'adaptation' - It is not possible to do a straight remake because they aren't doing a 100% clone. They are copying the game design and implementing it in an entirely different platform. And since they notably use a different playfield concept, nearly every playfield part needs to be adjusted or reworked.
The good news is most things should not be climbing everest... the problem is there are a lot of small things to do! Given their timeframe they must have had most of these things already worked out. But interations, and actually sourcing for production are a different matter.
Before they were promising to hit the ground running immediately after celts. I think we are just seeing that Haggis' approach to production isn't nearly the same as we have been conditioned to with other vendors. Different spots, different needs and all... but any expectations of games flowing out a week or two after 'fathom production started...' seems like that won't be the way.

Do you actually attempt to buy games from new manufacturers or do you just like to share you knowledge and napkin math?

#1667 8 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Let me guess.. you're the type that judges people by what they actually put in their pinside profile?
Isn't that cute...

No I don’t. Never have.
Are you the type of guy that goes through peoples posts and then copies and pastes them.
Wait a second, that wasn’t a question. That was a statement.
Are you hanging around waiting for Haggis to go out of business too?

I’ll ask one more time politely, do you actually buy new games from new manufacturers or just share your napkin math?
I think it’s only fair everyone knows don’t you. And maybe you could share your vast direct pinball manufacturing experience? Everyone would love to hear where it all comes from, especially me.
You must’ve worked at Bally back in the day or was it Stern? Pease do tell……

#1673 8 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I buy what I want - Have I bought haggis? No, but I also was in the hobby for decades before I bought my first NIB... does that make me any less of part of the community? Or do you measure people by how much they spend in life? Are you checking everyone's checkbook before you let them post? We saw how great your judgement and ability to control yourself was over in the raza thread. You about ready to lash out at people here too for being informed?
Sorry the generalization of 'just listen to what the guy is saying' about how many games they've shipped and have yet to ship is triggering you.

I've worked in contract manufacturing as my family was in the business for decades. Father in law was also a consultant in the business who traveled evaluating and helping companies that were struggling or seeking optimization help. I've also been in product management and product development for decades. I know what it takes to build hardware and software products, get to market, and support them because I've done it. I've also built teams and been an individual contributor. I've also been part of startups, and am close with people I consider successful at that including taking companies from an idea to grossing over a billion a year.
But yeah, tell me again how you willing to throw your money at projects like RAZA makes you qualified over someone else or decide who can say what. The old trope of "only the buyers have skin in the game" is so ridiculous. Go away already.

So the long winded answer is:
1. No. You’ve never bought a new machine from a new pinball manufacturer.

2. No. You’ve never worked for a pinball company.

Wasn’t that easy. Now we all know that you don’t have any direct experience, you just talk a lot.

#1676 8 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

oh no... you've exposed me! I guess me and 98% of pinside just need go silent and wait for you impressive spenders tell us what we can think and do!! I can't wait to hear your next amazing judgement to pass...

I guess you’re talking about myself and mostly everybody else on this thread that support a new business. Not sure why that’s impressive but hey whatever works for you. You can do whatever you want. Not judging. Just thought it would be helpful for everyone to know your actual experience.

#1677 8 days ago
Quoted from dscapo:

So ahhh… Too soon to ask what’s next after Fathom?

Flash Gordon would be amazing!! I know everybody wants Centaur which honestly it doesn’t matter to me but that would be fantastic to get a FG.

#1683 8 days ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say a good indicator of games to come from Haggis is what CPR releases. They just did ebd, centaur and fathom.
Did anyone really think production of Fathom would start in July? Be honest. If you say yes, I highly doubt you’ve ever been involved in manufacturing and/or a new product launch, let alone during COVID.
Haggis showed a working game. The rollovers, maybe it was a new development but obviously they had something on the game they showed. If they’re still developing basic mechs needed for production, which I highly doubt, there’s a reason to be pissed. Taking preorder money without that initial level of validation complete is irresponsible at best. Otherwise this is another company making timelines without basis in reality and experience. Australia and VIC especially has been on the leading edge of COVID restrictions so the lockdowns are nothing new.
No, Haggis shouldn’t have advised July production unless they had celts completion within site and a pile of Fathom subassemblies waiting in the queue. But, you (preorder folks, including me) should be able to see that discrepancy and reconciled it before sending the deposit.
If update videos, intent, ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas….in 2022. Spare me the excuses, I can make them up myself. Get it done. As long as Haggis’ runway isn’t too short, I’m still optimistic we’ll see fathoms. That’s the biggest concern to me, not if they can figure out how to make a rollover work on a 2-piece playfield.

I hear what your saying but I feel like Damian was just trying to offer something new to talk about.
These star rollovers were probably made for Celts already as well no?
I’m not giving anybody a free pass but COVID shutdown has hit Australia extremely hard from what I hear in the news and staffing alone must be extremely difficult.
Regardless, they are moving forward albeit not as fast anyone would prefer including Damian.

So I do have a question. Are they remaking just old Ballys or how about old Williams games like Cosmic Gunfight?
I can’t remember what they said originally now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kklank.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside