20210918_170734 (resized).jpg
20210918_164900 (resized).jpg
20210918_164837 (resized).jpg
20210918_163313 (resized).jpg
20210918_110356 (1) (resized).jpg
20210918_072133 (resized).jpg
20210917_165031 (resized).jpg
20210917_164522 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’d rather it be Sharknado than Jaws.
rd

Absolutely

Nice plug btw FalconPunch

#16 6 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Maybe it’s a Loch Ness monster pin.

Yes!!! Jaws Vs Lochness.

#38 6 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Absolutely agree. I don’t think they have Jaws, but to use the tag line is a total troll move to generate clicks and buzz.

Really? You guys can’t be serious. Maybe you forgot the emoji?

#71 5 months ago

Rex Hunts Fishing Adventures.....

EEF6D9F4-7AD4-4D9B-8C4F-B35C91938C85 (resized).jpeg
#72 5 months ago

Or maybe Fathom remake.

Now that would work.

#78 5 months ago

Credit where credits due.....

93F3CCB1-B488-4635-B3B3-A53B4B6F71DD (resized).jpeg
#176 5 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Just put my deposit down on a Mermaid edition. I have all the pieces to restore my current Fathom (game, new CPR playfield, NEW Big Time cabinet, plastics, etc.) that I will now be selling instead. Upgrading to the Mermaid versus the time to restore my game was such an easy decision. Can't wait!

Same here - ordered a Mermaid edition but half way through restoring my original atm. But I’ll keep going as I like the process. Still be good demand for the original once the dust settles imo - bear in mind this will not be “original” in any way. Proc system, plastic top Playfield etc. Will play different for better or worse.

Be interesting to see how they can ramp up so quickly to 50 games per month especially with Covid. Proud to have an Australian pinball manufacturer. Actually proud to have an Australian company manufacturing anything!

Homepin should have concentrated on making these SS remakes.

#184 5 months ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Also...not sure if everyone noticed this:
"The Mermaid edition will include free domestic shipping within Australia and will include free shipping to Planetary Pinball Supply in the USA."
That makes the special edition more tempting especially for us west coasters.

They absolutely have no issue selling the Mermaids, but will be interested to see how the regular edition sells. Without the code ad on, will definitely be a slower burn. They really should make the code option across both models, but I guess they can wait and see if they need to from a sales perspective.

BTW, I’m #142 for those keeping track.

#192 5 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

How'd you get your number? I'm in, but I don't know what spot in line I'm at/

They should email you a confirmation

0E9D5B9D-A6EB-4BF9-B6F0-2C87C33FC203 (resized).jpeg
#194 5 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just got home from work. How or who are you ordering from??
Someone PM the details please.

Join clan Haggis on their website.

https://haggispinball.com/index.php?option=com_ecwid&view=ecwid#!/Clan-Haggis/p/244825212/category=59077003

They’ll send you a confirmation email of membership. In the email is a link to order.

B36E2189-0432-4A78-AC5F-D1B679566E05 (resized).png
#230 5 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

That's not your LE slot number. I ordered a shirt and it was order number 102 or something, and then later put down my deposit and I was order number 121 or something. That's just the number of any order on the Haggis website. Although theoretically it will tell you who's ahead or behind you.

Could be right.

#232 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sorta funny seeing the same preorder guys say “I’m in!!” again
Good on ya.
Has there even been a gameplay video yet?
rd

I had my own gameplay preview last time I played Fathom.

#233 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sorta funny seeing the same preorder guys say “I’m in!!” again
Good on ya.
Has there even been a gameplay video yet?
rd

I’m just in for the ride And to support a local manufacturer really.

#235 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

True!
But this one is slightly different ... for starters it has ...
- a different playfield
- different modes
- different CPU
- different flippers
I was more making the point that the same pre order guys are “in again!”
rd

Yeh. Preorder guys do it as much for the “entertainment” as the end product.

#237 5 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I for one can't wait for the inevitable "It doesn't play like the original!" and "The flippers are all wrong!" comments and threads to start poring in!

That’s a given - especially if it’s hard top. Plus we’re talking a 40 year gap in electronic technology.

#266 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't say??
Who said their 'classics' line was ONLY bally games? He committed to PPS - who has rights for both.

Quoted from gonzo73:

Did Haggis say 5 Bally licenses, or a mix of Bally and William's SS licences???
Clarification?

From Haggis: "Fathom is the first in a series of five titles we will be revisiting, all in the same era as Fathom TM - the golden age of Bally Classics. "

Guess that leaves it a little bit open, but I think they mean Bally.

#269 5 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

In order of confidence, I’m guessing Fathom, EBD, Centaur, Skateball, Viking. Maybe Medusa or Xenon

Skateball with hardtop would be hard to resist. Would definitely consiter EBD also.

#293 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep.
Seriously though ... the only Bally 77-85 pins that would/could command $8000-9000 bucks for a new one are Fathom and Centaur.
Nobody is paying 8000 bucks for Fireball 2 - as cool as it is. Mine was $400 USD! Lol
KISS would be one that could fit the bill, if they can get the licence. It took Gary Stern 6 years to get Gene down to a reasonable amount. Gary told me Gene wanted $1m cash up front at the start.
So ... fathom and centaur ... yes
The others ... not so much.
Not in volume anyway.
rd

Only other would be EBD

#298 5 months ago
Quoted from lachied:

Reflectocab is a new technique that is very hard to describe but looks amazing. Similar to what is used on street signs to assist with reading at night time.
The cabinet looks like it is glowing from backlighting when in a dark room.

Is it spray painted/screened or a decal?

#299 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shipping a whole container of pins works out pretty cheap (per pin)
Like ... around $100-150 per unit when I last did it (used, unboxed pins)
International shipping is stuffed at the moment though. Huge delays everywhere.
Hopefully it’ll come right in the next year.
rd

Just got new rates for European FCL's today. Plus 250-300% increase from 6 months ago!

#306 5 months ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Can't wait to pick it up in a couple of months.

#308 5 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If they were to hit full steam on day 1... which is highly unlikely... first container probably wouldn’t land until likely sept. Hope for an xmas present

At the very earliest I would think. Best everyone has realistic expectations on time frames of pre-orders to avoid disappointment. Hopefully Haggis can chime in at some point with some realistic time frames.

#326 5 months ago

I hear the new/extra code is like a completely new game and more like a modern game with modern objectives/features and new callouts/sounds etc. And will also be update-able. Sounds pretty cool......

Edit: frankmac beat me to it by a few secondss.....

#328 5 months ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Same! Except swap interstate for 30 minutes away.
I'm in on a mermaid.
I am hopeful to have the opertunity to check out the prototype in person in the coming weeks

Youll be able to drop in and see the progress of your game being made.

#421 5 months ago
Quoted from rai:

and we have not even seen a picture or video of the Mermaid edition.

There’s a pic in the first post. There also the flyer.

#437 5 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Ummm, Western Europe is not "third world".

Maybe in a pinball manufacturing sense.

#535 5 months ago

I got an email from about 1pm Australian time last night - so Damian obviously burning the midnight oil trying to process all these orders.

#540 5 months ago

Pre-order with such a low deposit is not really so risky to the consumer though - more of a way to get an idea of numbers. Real numbers - not zero deposit, "I'll order one but will pull out later if I cant afford it or my dog dies", type of orders.

#557 5 months ago

Very slick vid there. This tiny company making a lot of the other companies look like amateur hour on so many levels so far.

#614 5 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

I read earlier that if you purchased a Celts that you could choose the Haggis composite playfield or the original all wood playfield.
Did Haggis say if that was an option to choose for the Fathom as well?

Quoted from roar:

No news on that front yet, assumptions being made are that it will be their "hard top" version based on the description provided by Haggis... I looked through the Facebook posts this morning and did not see the question asked...

I got an email back yesterday - confirmed not an option for any of the classic remakes. Hardtop only.

I think it’s important to view this project not as a remake trying to make it it as original as possible, but instead a new upgraded version of fathom. Better rules, flippers, lighting, sound, displays, bling. But still the classic Fathom layout and iconic art.

#634 5 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

After playing TNA and getting my Beatles I realized that 80s layouts combined with modern everything else is total wheelhouse for me

Thats the way I see this also. Like Woah Nellie.....but good.

#697 5 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

My best guess based on the information posted in this thread, noting the latest invoice number being 305, and assuming everyone who put a deposit down on a Mermaid edition first joined the Haggis Clan, and also assuming 50 people were already Haggis Clan members and/or purchased Celts before Fathom was announced ... 135 of the 250 Mermaid editions have sold within a week of release.
Pretty good start. Go Haggis Go!

I’d doubt anyone joined the club after sales became open to the public, so likely a little higher than that.

#701 5 months ago

It’s a bit weird that us Australians are actually paying a premium for the game since the US customers have freight to the US thrown in. Guess they wanted to be competitive in the US and so are effectively offering a discount.

#709 5 months ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Our freight is included too. I think sending a container load of pins to a single destination in the US may very well work out cheaper than shipping the same amount of pins individually across oz.

Just found that out which is great.

#714 5 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Not to be a Debbie downer - but wish Haggis all the best and one day purchase one for myself.
But I hope the playfield that are going to be sold have the cut out holes for Targets and rollover switched centered better, this is quite bad!
Haggis will really need to check each playfield b4 population - imo

Based on what?

Edit: Squizz edited his post.

Can’t see any issues with the inline drops. Can see what you’re saying about the 123 drops. Hopefully that’s corrected in production. Mind you, that’s nothing compared to the originals and cpr repro’’s.

#748 5 months ago
Quoted from randomdoohickey:

So just how many people are still sitting at this status?
"Paid Awaiting Processing"
Does Haggis plan on leaving the web store's order status like that until your ordered unit actually ships? I've received no further emails and the credit card has been charged...

Seems a bit odd - have you emailed them directly to check on the status?

#760 5 months ago
Quoted from kklank:

Either that or a cool retro looking topper with lights.

Apparently a topper is in the works.

#864 5 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

it's not all about sugar.
[quoted image]

It’s always been about the sugar - ie. how many tablespoons you need to pile on to make a nice crusty sugar coating on top of the now mushy Weetbix.

And the next step for you noob Vegimite guys is On toast with fresh tomato or with cheese (and of course lots of butter.l).

Or between VitaWeats, with lots of butter, so you can make worms.
CEF78EDA-B545-450B-B16B-A55C1CB2870B.gif

#865 5 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I've eyeballed the Vegemite before, but for $10

Price becomes a non issue when you realize that one jar will last you 5 years at least.

1 week later
#937 5 months ago

Love the enthusiasm in his updates. Getting excited to be behind this and in for the journey. Hopefully can get down and visit the factory once it’s up and running and producing Fathoms.

#939 5 months ago

He has stated all the Classic series will only be in hybrid pf - no options.

#986 5 months ago

The ME is going to be very special methinks. All this work gone into an exclusive rule set for 250 games. And a connection to the oldest burger in the world.

What more could you want.

#1002 5 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

And while I'm having a good old motherland whinge Lol ....
The other thing I would have probably thought about another way ... the coin door.
Is 4 pieces of angle ... and a hinge strip ... .... oh never mind. ha ha
I still bought it (deposit) even though I think the coin door looks horrible and clunky and out of place. There I said it.
I feel better now.

#1003 5 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Bacon
and what goes with bacon? more bacon

25F52C03-7046-4D98-B86E-57D9A682E309 (resized).jpeg
#1035 5 months ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Less than 30 ME left.

With one day left seems unlikely to sell out if that’s true. Shame because it deserves to. Maybe some 2.0 gameplay video would help? They should just make the 250 anyway and sell the balance at a premium once this thing ships.

#1048 5 months ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

3) What is the expected delivery date?

Production due to start 1st July. Can’t remember how many per week they anticipate producing - its in an interview on Pinball Profile somewhere - I think it was 10 but will take time to ramp up obviously.

Quoted from CubeSnake:

5) Is the backglass a translite or actual glass?

Real back glass.

#1078 4 months ago

Nice work Haggis. Congratulations!

#1101 4 months ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

If you think those other two are 'Majors' in audience than go right ahead, I think the measurements would disagree but what do I know hey, I'm just the bloke who tried to help you when bought my Houdini had all those issues all of sudden with it .

LMFAO How did I know I was also going to have to state that I was NOT referring to PARTICIPATION, but audiences ... Many participate in the US too. Participation is high thanks so many parents being too scared to let their kiddies play contact sport. I used to play it too, at age 7-8 till I got bored with it and never watched a game since like a lot of people who played it as kids. Basketball is exactly the same since it doesn't have the contact sport issues associated with it. The A-League was so popular with TV audiences, it ended up only broadcast on PayTV and streaming.

I think the majority of kids that participate in soccer when they’re at school, will also grow up to watch soccer. I played Union as a kid and watch it now. In Europe most kids play soccer and naturally grow up to watch it when they’re older. It’ll be the same here.

#1139 4 months ago

Ale's are completely over-rated - any dickhead can whip up a hipster Ale in their garage. Thats why there's 5000 varieties at the local bottlo. Pilsner or other hoppy Lagers are the way to go. Too hard to make for the average brewer though.

#1142 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well, that's one view of the history of beer.
I have to agree that a well made pilsner can be refreshing, as can an IPL. Summers afternoon in a beachside beer garden, sure. One. Maybe two if they are good.
But i couldn't drink that clean lolly water all day. I like to chew my beer and it is a major part of my diet. No-one's ever lived on lager alone, unlike ale.

Just stirring the pot punkin .

Of course if it’s a choice between an ale or no beer, there is no question…..Ale all the way.

#1182 4 months ago

Got mine confirmed as #77 yesterday.

#1184 4 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

Whaaaaaaaat??? I asked for 77 many weeks ago. Boo.

It was actually confirmed on day one - a few hours after launch. Yesterday’s email was only a generic one to say everything is progressing.

1 week later
#1245 4 months ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Then you gotta wait 3 months (?) for the boat to get here.

Actual sailing time from Melbourne to LA is only 2 weeks assuming it’s direct. Then all the fluffing around at each end - probably another 2 weeks. I’d say 4-6 weeks worse case.

#1254 4 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I’ve had games arrive after 30 days previously. Jason’s last container bypassed Brissy and off loaded in Melbourne then railed containers back up. Took about 45days from departure. He was saying Covid had made a mess of international shipping but it is getting back on track. Hope so I’ve got 3 on the next boat, uggh!
You’d probably know more than me Mark as to current times.

Yeh, Covid is making a mess of everything so who knows. It’s quite novel actually exporting containers out of Australia, so may be cheaper and quicker since it’s mostly backloading on empty ships. Having said that, I doubt there’d be enough volume to fill a ship just from Melbourne - thinking it’ll either stop along the Australian coast to fill up, and/or stop in Auckland also. That’ll obviously increase shipping times dramatically.

2 weeks later
#1304 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looking at the playfield layout. Return lane stuff. Two drop target banks, polished ball lane guides. I don't think it could be done for $5K.
Mirrored backglass too, isn't it ? Not a translite.
LTG : )

There is so much packed under a fathom Playfield there is literally no room for anything else. Makes a Stern pro look baron.

#1311 3 months ago
Quoted from Micky:

Newest update

That’s the best update I think we’ve had. Very concrete and gives me a huge amount of confidence in this. Bally’s classics are in good hands.

Look forward to seeing the factory once it’s up and running. Love how much of it is being done in house, though with no pinball industry in Australia (Haggis IS the pinball industry) they don’t really have a choice.

Our very own Spooky!! Woo hoo.

#1313 3 months ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

W

Well I was there Thursday afternoon. What Damian said in the video is spot on with my observations. I walk away feeling the same way.

Those photos and report you posted were great. One day, Covid permitting, I’ll pop in and visit also. So rewarding to be “involved” in production of a game you’ll eventually own.

#1315 3 months ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Best update ? Really ? 50 Celts orders being filled now out of production of 200. Then onto Fathom. He's standing in front of the same background shot with the same 5 partially built Celts games that was posted here the other day after a factory tour. Celts is only getting started now! "Bally's classics are in good hands" There's more coming ? Can't wait.
A quick proto Fathom vid would be very nice and most welcome right now, easy to do, yes? No one is that busy, surely. Pull your I Phone from your pocket.

Have you ordered a Fathom?

You could always pull your iphone out of your pocket and give him a call. I’m sure he’d be happy to talk.

#1318 3 months ago
Quoted from bghenson23:

I believe their stated plan (Marty from a podcast I believe) was to not really show off the 2.0 software - they wanted to let people explore the game on their own when the receive them.

That’s worth a listen also…..think it was the latest Final Round?

#1319 3 months ago

Anyone know if they’re building in Metric or Imperial?

1 week later
#1354 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

You are in a very small minority in not wanting a coin door. There was almost a worldwide revolution over MMr not coming with coin mechanisms on the back of the coin door. To me a coin door is tradition and games without it would not look right just like not having a back glass.

Maybe it’s because he’s Australian. When we buy NIB games down here they never come with coin mechs. It’s an added extra.

Having said that, I agree about the door itself - doesn’t seem right without one.

#1356 3 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'd rather all new machines come with the option.
Can't see how it hurts you guys who want a redundant coin door on your HUO machines if someone else orders it without one?
It's not cause i'm Australian, and i never played them back in the day and have no sentimental attachment to it. It's cause they are ugly, hide the front art almost completely, are redundant for my use and add cost.
Thumblock for lockdown bar and menu buttons under the lockdown bar please for me. Coin door for those who order it with one.
Do a prototype Mermaid for me like this please Damian and i'll buy you a big box of Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs. You might start a pinball revolution and actually have them look boutique.

I get where you’re coming from. Can’t see it happening though - too much effort to have different cab options, especially when most people don’t care.

Having said that, I’m all for factory powder coated coin doors rather than the drab black one size fits all option.

1 week later
#1409 3 months ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I just got my Clan Haggis package in the mail. That is one excellent fitting t-shirt! I think my kids were jealous, "aww, is that from your friends in Australia? Do you have another one?"
Aaron
FAST Pinball

That’s because we don’t oversize our clothing like you Americans do. All your stuff is at least 1 size larger than ours.

#1411 3 months ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Including your Big Macs & Whoppers

Yep, goes hand in hand with the T-shirt sizes.

#1422 3 months ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Interesting and nice one. I'm going to hazard a guess with the dramas we've had here lately, someone's hit a financial difficulties with the lockdown. Might start to take some of the heat out of the over-hyped market locally in many categories not just pinball!

Yep. No government $$$ pouring in this time. Definitely feels different this time.

1 week later
#1465 84 days ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I asked Haggis about this before placing my order and was told there would be no additional cost/fees/taxes besides shipping within the USA.

Possibly GAP are direct importing a few games bypassing PPS??

#1475 82 days ago
Quoted from roar:

My hesitation with EBD is that they just made so darn many of them... but ya... I agree that has to be on the shortlist for sure. I did an analysis earlier in this thread of the early 80's Bally's and their average price on pinside... (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/8#post-6249966).
It's that insight that makes me at least believe the drop off is steep... if I can get an original EBD for $2,800 or a Haggis version for $9,000, that would have to be some pretty fancy 2.0 code to make me want to take that plunge. Maybe they don't make 250 of the other titles? Regardless, I hope they're super successful and I am excited to see the next ones on the list.

Ebd (not LE) is really hard to find down here - I’d guess most of them would sell locally.

2 months later
#1634 8 days ago

Nice photo of a bunch of Celts pf’s. Plenty of action for a relatively simple single level game.

3DFE62C9-2253-4BC8-9C68-AC08B0F05496 (resized).jpeg
#1635 8 days ago

Current Celts owners, is everything in metric?

#1681 5 days ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say a good indicator of games to come from Haggis is what CPR releases. They just did ebd, centaur and fathom.
Did anyone really think production of Fathom would start in July? Be honest. If you say yes, I highly doubt you’ve ever been involved in manufacturing and/or a new product launch, let alone during COVID.
Haggis showed a working game. The rollovers, maybe it was a new development but obviously they had something on the game they showed. If they’re still developing basic mechs needed for production, which I highly doubt, there’s a reason to be pissed. Taking preorder money without that initial level of validation complete is irresponsible at best. Otherwise this is another company making timelines without basis in reality and experience. Australia and VIC especially has been on the leading edge of COVID restrictions so the lockdowns are nothing new.
No, Haggis shouldn’t have advised July production unless they had celts completion within site and a pile of Fathom subassemblies waiting in the queue. But, you (preorder folks, including me) should be able to see that discrepancy and reconciled it before sending the deposit.
If update videos, intent, ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas….in 2022. Spare me the excuses, I can make them up myself. Get it done. As long as Haggis’ runway isn’t too short, I’m still optimistic we’ll see fathoms. That’s the biggest concern to me, not if they can figure out how to make a rollover work on a 2-piece playfield.

A big positive for me was that they were only taking small deposits from customers, meaning most of the funding is from the owner/owners. They weren’t relying on pre-order money to setup the company. Clearly there’s been a big investment already. Whether it’s enough to get income flowing, we’ll see. But so far so good. I’m not too worried yet. And even if I was, $1500 (?) isn’t going to break the bank.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside