IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 2 years ago

Anyone know if it's possible to join Clan Haggis today, and be able to order a Mermaid Edition ahead of time? I assumed the Clan Haggis thing was only for people who bought a Celts. But in looking closer it seems like anyone can just buy in, just like the Spooky Fang club. But I don't necessarily wanna spend the $70 to join the Club, if it won't actually allow me to order sooner.

Cuz I think these are gonna be sold out very quick.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I just joined Clan Haggis this morning. As of 9am I was order number #93 for the clan membership....guessing this means they sold at least that many? Deposit down on a Mermaid edition. I was in the market for a restored fathom but this just made my decision easier.

Yep, just put my deposit down as well. As soon as I paid for my Club membership, I got the option to put down a Mermaid Edition deposit. I guess I was overthinking it!

I wonder if any Mermaid Editions will even be left by the 28th?

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Ya... it's a risk..but I love old bally's... i'll get the set. Just sucks because I wouldn't have paid for the added mermaid edition if they didnt hold back the 2.0 code. I'm not a big fan. I'm guessing they'll add that in on the standard after getting their orders.

Right, but I'm guessing the reason that there's no 2.0 code on the Standard is that it doesn't have the LCD screen or the RGB LEDs. Without those, it's a lot harder to communicate with the player and actually implement new, mode-based, gameplay. And if they put those elements into the standard, then there wouldn't be much to differentiate it from the ME.

Quoted from Frax:

Looks AWESOME.
Priced out, as usual.
Oh well. Enjoy, folks.

Well, bear in mind that the ME is very, very limited, and it's a well-know and loved design and art-package. With only 250 MEs being made, how many will actually make it to the USA? Maybe 150, 125? I can't see any owner having trouble selling this for what they bought it for down the line. Especially if these indestructible pfs really are as robust as what Haggis is saying they are. So while it is a lot of cost, it's a very liquid, non-depreciating, purchase.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m in! #14 babay. Let’s hope the topper doesn’t disappoint

How'd you get your number? I'm in, but I don't know what spot in line I'm at/

#218 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

They should email you a confirmation[quoted image]

That's not your LE slot number. I ordered a shirt and it was order number 102 or something, and then later put down my deposit and I was order number 121 or something. That's just the number of any order on the Haggis website. Although theoretically it will tell you who's ahead or behind you.

#228 2 years ago

I for one can't wait for the inevitable "It doesn't play like the original!" and "The flippers are all wrong!" comments and threads to start poring in!

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

As far as investment goes....I don't understand that for I never have looked at pinball like that. I buy what I want to play. Not what I think will give me a return. I can't see the value of a mermaid version tanking on the aftermarket though and should hold its value steady like the majority of NIB. But again who cares if you lose money if you got you moneys worth of fun. That's all that matters.

Sounds like a person who has enough space and/or funds to buy and hold onto as many games as you like.

Many of us are space or budget limited, and need to sell/trade old games in order to get new ones. So pins holding their value is a big deal to folks like me. Being careful with buying and selling is what has allowed me to own the games that I have.

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Neither to be honest with you. My comment on buying a pin as an investment was talking about those individuals who only buy with the speculation of the game going up in value. Not buying a game that they actually want to play and enjoy. That is what I am talking about. Would you rather buy a game that you don't care to play and gain a $1,000 on it a year later when you sell or would you rather buy a game that you enjoy playing but lose $1,000 on it a year later? I would pick the latter. If someone picks the first choice then that sounds like a bad time. You can find a way to make up the difference to buy another one a year later. Life is too short to try and make a quick buck on a pinball machine.

So more speaking of "flippers." I get ya. Still, a pin retaining good value isn't a bad thing at all. Plus, the really fun games tend to be the ones that hold their value anyway.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hey Zack. Can you explain this? No one has an invoice number below 100 and none of us have gotten our game numbers yet.
Whats up?

Right. I asked him the same thing. Maybe an inside type deal. Since he's a distro and media, ect. Maybe not. He might just have a direct line to Damien/Haggis and be able to chat directly and find out his slot.

But I'm just speculating

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Confirmed by whom? Did they email you your info?

Seems like they are slowly working through the depositors. I've seen that they are up to people who's online order number was around 110. I'm 125, and haven't been contacted yet. And one could assume that every other order# is a deposit, so there are probably 7-ish people they'd need to contact before me.

I'm a bit annoyed with myself though; before I realized how the process worked, I ordered a t-shirt and I was order number 102. But then I waited a couple hours before joining clan haggis and paying the deposit, and by then I was online order #125.

Ah well, I'm still hoping that I'm a fairly low number. And now I know how it works for next time.

#523 2 years ago

Hoping that depositors will post if/when they've been contacted by Haggis. As it's been a couple of days since I paid my deposit, I'm getting anxious for confirmation that I'm good to go. Order #125. As it's the morning now in Victoria, hopefully we'll get some more updates/action soon.

#543 2 years ago

Received my email confirmation. It actually came in late last night, but went to my junk mail folder, and I didn't see it until this evening.

#616 2 years ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Anyone else notice that on the video it mentions 2.0 code, but doesn't mention that it's for the Mermaid Edition only. If it's available on all models do you think they'll offer refunds for those who went Mermaid? I would have waited otherwise.

Pretty sure no apron screens or rgb lighting means no 2.0 code.

#632 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

This remake came at a good time.
I look forward to many years of successful remakes for Haggis.

Came at a good time for me as well. I nearly went in on the new run of Alien, and I nearly went in on a RAZA (bullet dodged). But decided to wait and see what came. Sure am glad I did! As this is a super cool project!

#679 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so true only one game shipped and they are collecting dosh for the second one? I'd love for them to be doing Flash Gordon but want to be sure it arrives.
now what other pinball companies started talking about their second game whilst people waited for the first?

It's smart to have the next game ready to go as soon as the first is finished. Much better than waiting years between new releases like CGC, AP, or JJP.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

I think at this stage, Haggis can probably make quite a few of the titles from the 1981 time period and sell 250 special editions if the game has at least as many additional features as the Mermaid edition. However, because of the low market values of many of these games, they would probably struggle to sell classic editions. I think everyone agrees that Centaur will sell as well as Fathom. I think the same would hold true with many popular games from all era's. 250 is not a lot of games to sell worldwide. In fact, I'm wondering if this is going to inspire other boutique or new companies to try the same thing.

Quoted from gdonovan:

You are not going to sell 250 Future Spa 2.0 for 8k a pop.
Some titles I doubt you will ever see just because licensing headaches with various franchises.

I definitely think that some of Bally titles might be a harder sell...BUT a lot of potential buyers are holding off until they see how this Fathom release goes. If all the Fathom games get out the door with minimal delays and headaches, that would instill a lot of confidence in people who aren't sure of Haggis' abilities.

I for one, feel very confident that I'll get my Fathom ME by the end of the year. But I get that a lot of potential buyers are worried, given the track records of some of the previous boutique companies.

1 week later
#890 2 years ago

It's pretty quiet around here. Hoping for a big update from Haggis soon!

2 weeks later
#1086 2 years ago

Glad they all sold out, one way or the other. Wouldn't have felt right if they only made say 232 or something, plus it means the demand is there going forward to future titles.

Only question I have now is when we'll find out our build order. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to know how many games will be built before mine. And of course, I know that containers will have to filled prior to shipping, so build date is no guarantee of a delivery window or anything. Still, I'm damn curious!

#1176 2 years ago

I chose #86. For my birth year. Seemed as good as any number.

4 weeks later
#1307 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Amen man. Feels like blasphemy to speak of the 'hallow' title that way here lol. The music alone was enough to make me turn the other way from it too.

Eh, I still like GNR's cover of Live and Let Die.

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Best update ? Really ? 50 Celts orders being filled now out of production of 200. Then onto Fathom. He's standing in front of the same background shot with the same 5 partially built Celts games that was posted here the other day after a factory tour. Celts is only getting started now! "Bally's classics are in good hands" There's more coming ? Can't wait.
A quick proto Fathom vid would be very nice and most welcome right now, easy to do, yes? No one is that busy, surely. Pull your I Phone from your pocket.

Well, I mean they've got 20 Celts cabs to still build over the next couple weeks, and then they're starting on the Fathom cabs. So that seems like good progress. I assume then we'll start to see some pics of Fathom production, which will be great to see!

#1339 2 years ago

Any chance of a DBA-ready coin-door option? I'll be putting my Fathom on location, and it would really be nice to have the ability to accept dollar bills.

Pretty much all pins released stateside since the mid-90s have had coin doors with a DBA slot cutout. But I get there are aesthetic considerations with this particular game.

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Once again, i'll repeat myself for those with poor comprehension. It would not cut out a single classic remake buyer as you argue if it was an option, now would it?
I'll also repeat that i don't expect it would be retrofitted to a machine thats about to go into production either, i'm just suggesting this is something i'd like to see as an option, one of the main reasons i am into pinball is for the art, and there is zero art in a coin door as big as a milk crate. The front of the machine and the backglass are what you see when approaching a pinball.
Repeating once again, that the only possible reason anyone could have to argue against it being an option is resistance to change. You'd still be able to order with the coin door for fucks sake.
Twin LCD screens in the apron is hardly classic either is it?
A painted coin door is not an alternative to no coin door mate.

I actually think the chromed coin door on the ME is astheticly pleasing.

#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Arrived yesterday. So excited for them and looking forward to a Mermaid Edition[quoted image]

Huh, mine didn't have a beanie hat. Was it supposed to?

1 week later
#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Wow. $4000 non refundable deposit. Am I reading that correctly? I paid $1500 AUD deposit.
[quoted image]

I guess GAP wants some money down to hold the game as well as Haggis? From what I've seen, GAP seems to price things at a premium. I haven't personally had any dealings with them, and maybe they're great to work with...but when I've checked prices on their website, they always seem to be high.

#1452 2 years ago

For my fellow American buyers, seems like Wise will be the best way to pay our remaining balances to Haggis. Best exchange rate by far, been in business a long time, and are very legitimate. I just compared what it would cost to send 10,000 AUD via Wise, and via Wells Fargo, and Wise was literally $300 USD cheaper for the same amount of Australian Dollars.

I'm not sure if Haggis will want us to pay in AUD, or whether they will accept USD. Even if they accept both, one method may end up being a lot cheaper for us than another.

https://wise.com/us/send-money/

--------
Also, I'd love an update from Haggis soon. It's been a while since we got any new info. According to Damian, they should hopefully all ready be working on the first 30 games.

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Thanks for the heads up. I use the app OFX for my downpayment. It cost me $1198 USD to send $1500 AUD. Before the next payment I will compare it to Wise.
https://www.ofx.com/

Quoted from punkin:

I use OFX all the time to send US$ to China, really good rates compared to the big banks.

Seems like OFX is very similar to Wise. I'm personally more familiar with Wise, and I think costs and exchange rate were very close to OFX when I looked.

1 week later
#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Hey, we are all eager for updates. Especially those of us with Mermaids on order. I don't think you see any other manufacturers giving any more updates than this. Let them do their thing and I'm sure they will give us something juicy when they have it.

While I agree with you, we did have very frequent updates for the first few months. So I think perhaps an unrealistic expectation was set. But unrealistic expectations or not, it has been over a month since the last update, so I don't think it's unreasonable for people to wonder how it's been going there at Haggis Pinball.

But as you say, all we can do is wait.

2 months later
#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

It's interesting that Haggis has had to close. They are manufacturing, as is my business, and we didn't close.
I am actually in the construction industry side of things and even with the 2 week closure of this industry...we still didn't close.
Couldn't find an updated permitted industry so if someone does...feel free to correct me but the photo shows who can work and stay open.
I just know that a lot, A LOT, of small businesses are operating through lockdowns because...well...tbh...f*ck the government!
[quoted image]

Haggis didn't close. Since they're in manufacturing, as you said. But the lockdowns still contributed to delays in other ways.

1 month later
#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I believe Marty has stated a few times on multiple podcasts that he doesn't want to show the code off but have buyers experience it for the first time when they get it in their homes.

Correct. He has said it is finished now though.

2 weeks later
#1780 2 years ago

Man, a lot of negativity around here all of the sudden. I'm still feeling excited and optimistic. Since Celts games are actually going out the door, that's a good sign.

If nothing at all was happening, then things would be different. But games are being produced, so that's good.

I would love an updated timeline though. For planning purposes, if for no other reason. When Fathom was announced, I had a rough idea of a build date, based on the info that Haggis provided. That date has since past, of course. So it would be nice to get an updated timeline for production.

1 month later
#1940 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Refund request was denied by Haggis . No timeline for machines given .

I'd imagine that you could find someone to take your spot over.

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Especially if it's a Mermaid. Should not be a problem, might even get a premium.

I bet there are some Celts owners that might be in the market for a Fathom. That maybe weren't before.

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I just got the Email also. Building starts NOW!

Nice. That's good to hear. Can't wait till we start seeing the games coming together.

#1991 2 years ago

Yeah, that's why I'm glad I'm in a state that doesn't do its own income tax, and that also doesn't worry about adding extra tax on things you've bought eleswhere.

#2021 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Back to topic. Very excited I “rolled the dice” on a new company.

I think it should work out better than your last dice roll.

2 weeks later
#2068 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Certainly not, they can open their own mail. I just have a different attitude to it than the guy complaining.
Just can't see the point in complaining here, it won't accomplish anything.

Well,

Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Bought Fathom because I thought Damien was a nice and honest person. Kaneda Podcast is spot on despite the haters here.
Haggis pinball deceived us with the production timeline and continues to do so. Were any machines shipped in January as promised ?
Some here say Damien will not give them a straight answer. The fact is Haggis is burning money and Celts did little to help the finances.
All of our deposits were spent on Celts and if Fathom is ever produced we will be all asked for money up front to help pay for it to be made.
Then even more of our money will be in their accounts with us having nothing to show for it but empty promises.
The virus cannot be blamed for the dishonesty and noncommunication from Haggis.
WHERE ARE THE PRODUCTION PHOTOS OF HAGGIS ON THE LINE? SHOW PROOF OR SHUT UP.
They will never make it treating customers this way. I did get a koozie and some stickers for my thousands invested.
ok fanboys jump on this post. like Jack Nicholson said " You don't want the truth - you cant handle the truth ! "

Wouldn't the profit from the final sales of Celts games keep them going? Quite a few Celts did ship, so one would think that would amount to quite a bit of income.

#2095 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Hows that working out for Deeproot depositors?

Well, Deeproot never actually built or delivered anything, so not too well.

3 weeks later
#2532 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Backpedal all you want.

Hey mate, no issue with you. But fyi, you come across as a wee bit sensitive yourself. Probably best to move on from pitting countries histories against each other.

No good can come from it. We all have dark and not-so-great parts of our cultures and histories.

And what any of this has do with Haggis or Fathom? I do not know.

1 week later
#2673 2 years ago

I'm still curious, which will come first, my Fathom or my Cactus Canyon?

Per Damian, my ME will be something in the neighborhood of build spot 75. And I've got an SE on order for CC, but no idea how far down the line I am, or how many SEs they will make before switching to LE. My game will be going on location directly, so that is supposed to bump me up. But who knows?

Main worry is both Fathom and Cactus Canyon invoices being due in the same month! Good problem I suppose. Would be nice to know how many Fathoms will roll off the line each week, once they actually do start shipping.

#2773 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

He let you back out of a season ticket "contract" and allowed you to apply the entire amount to fathom. It absolutely is kind of a refund. If all other series ticket holders (who probably aren't broke but are surely scared shitless about the 4 future games being made after watching the fathom debacle) asked for the same deal what would he do?

Quoted from flynnibus:

No - it is slso the release from a huge obligation without penalty.
Given no one has seen much benefit from their signup yet… it’s not really much at this point… but does muddy the water for future discussions. Everyone has got a reason haggis will have to suffer through

Wow d0n, I'm sorry to say it, buy you and flynn are being whiny little b*tches.

Oldskool getting to transfer his season ticket over to a single game purchase has f*ckall to do with you guys. The only reason you should care, is if you also have a season ticket and were denied your request to convert it. Otherwise, you're just complaining and stirring up trouble for the sake of it. Reminds me of the kid who tattles to the teacher about something another kid did that has absolutely nothing to do with them. Man up and get a life.

#2788 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

If DHL is delivering a celts to someone in florida USA in 2 days and damian has said DHL takes 7-10 days to get to the USA from his shop... it seems they were making celts as recent as the first weeks of march.

I know I could have ordered one last month with a 2ish week delivery. Almost did, but shipping killed it for me.

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Like I said - not actually reading anything I say and inserting your own dillusions of what's being said.

Hey Flynn, if everybody is constantly misunderstanding you, and taking what you say the wrong way, maybe you're the one who's doing something wrong? Maybe you aren't communicating effectively, or maybe you don't have the right audience? Just a thought.

#2937 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Celts was on Kaneda's top 5 ugliest games made in the last 5 years. The podcast just came out today.

Well yeah, the pf and backglass art does leave something to be desired. That's fair. The powdercoating, little details, and finishes are great. Which I think is what is wowing people, but let's get real. The actual drawn art is certainly atypical for a modern big production game.

That said, no offense to the artist. I don't mind it.

#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Correct. The outer shell is molded fiberglass. The problem was the shell was fairly thin, especially along the sides, and was easy to shatter / crack. The updated lock downs I have seen are thicker fiberglass.

Interesting. This isn't the first time I've heard of it being hard for companies to have lockdown bars made. Something to do with the stamps/molds necessary to make them being either expensive or hard to find.

#3013 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

3. On a regular Fathom when you hit the ball in the scoop the 3 inline drop targets come up. These drop targets are also individually controllable on a Bally Fathom. In this version the ball just gets kicked back out. In fact in the games shown the inline drop targets never come up at all, and thus are never knocked down. Do they have a working inline drop target mech?

I guess you missed it, but near the beginning Marty started Lagoon multiball at the top saucer, it kicked the ball out, and then the 3 drops came up. At that point he needed to knock down all three drops and hit the saucer again to score jackpot. So the inline drops definitely do come up and are used in the new code.

#3027 2 years ago

Looks promising, but I'll definitely have to reserve judgment on the 2.0 code. Having more to do is certainly appreciated, but I didn't feel super pulled into the game from what I saw. But part of that might just be because the apron displays weren't very visible on camera. I'm sure actually standing in front of the game would help immensely, versus seeing it at a distance in the video.

I'm probably just as excited for the original code as the new, at this point. Nothing quite like the charm of the squawk and talk voices. I'm curious what the functionality of the Apron Displays will be while original code is running. Will they just display the normal rules sheet and price cards, or will they show the score too? My Fathom will be going out on location, so it'd be pretty neat if the rightmost display would show whatever price per game you had set in the service menu.

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Just got my invoice for my Mermaid. 8 weeks to make from payment.

Well, that's progress.

So you're being told your game will be ready to ship 8 weeks from invoice? Sounds like it will still be a while before the first batch of games really start rolling out then. Wish we knew what was actually happening over there at the factory. The last update was mostly just a gameplay video. Ah well, I better be careful with that line of thinking, punkin might call me entitled, and I wouldn't want that.

I am surprised you're being invoiced 2 months out. Usually it's 30 days or less with most other pinball companies. Interesting. Well, it is still progress. And I'm in no hurry thankfully.

#3050 2 years ago

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more a 2-months-prior invoice bothers me. That's a long time for Haggis to have my money, and that doesn't even take into account how long it will take a game to get to the USA after shipping out.

Should be a month prior at most to ask for the rest of the invoice. This sounds like Haggis has money problems. Otherwise there would be no reason to take full payment so soon. Hmm, hopefully they narrow the payment window by the time they get to my game.

#3143 2 years ago
Quoted from LamF:

Trust, but verify. I am absolutely not dropping 8k until I see a picture of someone in this group or somewhere with their fathom. I think we are later in production order, surely there will be one person who has received by the time we get invoiced.

Well, ironically enough, I just got my invoice. I was previously told by Damian that I was approximately build #75. So does that mean that Haggis expects to build at least 75 Fathoms in the next 8 weeks? Hmm.

#3151 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

It's in order of deposit, not #. But yeah, at this stage, I don't know how comforting it would be to send the $8K out. Complete silence for what, 3 months, then right before asking for a bunch of money we see ONE video of ONE machine.
I was under the belief that on this machine buyers would be paying AT THE TIME THE MACHINE WAS BUILT AND READY TO SHIP, no? The DEPOSIT secured the game up to that point. Am I wrong? I honestly don't know. And not trying to stir anything.

Yes, build #, not game #. That's what I was referring to. My game number is #86, but my build slot was something in the neighborhood of 75, per Damian. Granted this was like 9 months ago or something. And that was to say nothing of when my game would actually ship, given that it would most likely be going on a container with other games. Haggis would obviously need to fill a container up before shipping.

------

I wonder when Dr. John Cossin will get his game? He's permanently game #1, I believe for all Haggis titles. He had Celts quite a while before anyone else. Seeing him streaming his game, would certainly make me feel better.

#3153 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

This seems confusing. I think games should be made from 1 - 250 and sold 1st come 1st served in that 1-250 order. The "game number" and "build number" being different is unnecessarily confusing. The build slot for game #86 should be #86.

I think this trend was started with Jersey Jack, where you could request any LE#. Although I believe even with Stern they don't always build the LEs in order.

#3177 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

What I am banging on about is.... If it's no longer viable to make the product for the original fixed price, due to unforeseen circumstances, such as massive increases in the cost if shipping, the cost of materials & the delays, & the labour situation, do I, the manufacturer, after sinking everything I have into the venture, attempt to renegotiate the price with the stakeholders, or do I shut the doors, go home & sit on the lounge in my slippers with the deposits long gone in rent, wages, & boxes of parts to sold in the upcoming auction.

I mean, they are still selling new Celts for like $7k USD on their website, not including shipping. If Haggis' costs were skyrocketing as you say, then I'd have thought that they would have increased the price on those. So maybe their costs haven't gone up as much as you think?

#3180 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Pretty sure they just haven't updated the website in a while. I asked Damian about getting a Celts and he said they were done making them for now but may do another short run of them in the future after all the Fathoms.

I mean, as of 2 months ago, I could have ordered a Celts through FlipNOut for 7k plus shipping. And that was coming from Australia, not his showroom. So Haggis definitely chose to keep newer-built Celts priced at 7k. Which they wouldn't do if they were building them at a loss, or razor-thin margin.

#3279 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The shoulders and head on the woman in the topper are god awful. WTF, she has arms growing out of her ears.

Well, she's hunched over looking down into the water, and so that combined with the perspective might give you that impression. But it's actually a fairly accurate depiction if you take body stance and perspective into account.

#3282 2 years ago
Quoted from blue95:He wins it by telling his 450 fans to vote for him to make themselves feeling better for paying for a podcast

Well, then why did he win the other 4 years too?

For what it's worth, I'm a Kaneda subscriber and I didn't even vote for him in the Top 3 podcasts. I think I went Pinball Show, Silverball Chronicles, and maybe Slamtilt? I don't remember the 3rd exactly. I'm not a big fan of Kaneda's or anything, and don't always even find his show that entertaining, but his podcast is different from all the others out there. And I appreciate that he provides a counter-perspective to most others in the pinball media, and he also has some enjoyable news and rumors.

Quoted from kklank:

Kaneda is a turd whose opinion has zero value to me.
Doesn’t anybody remember how much of a prick that guy was on Pinside.
Good lord.
The majority DO NOT love that douchbag.

Most of us remember, or have heard about it 2nd hand. His antics are infamous, and it wasn't just on-Pinside either. Who could forget when he acted like a total ass at the 2019 NYC Pinball Championships, threw a drink in Tim Sexton's face, and had to be physically removed from the event. True douchebag-level stuff. Buuuut, for the most part he's left that behavior in the past. For at least the last year and a half or so, he's been a pretty decent person publicly. Right around the time his son was born actually. If Kaneda had kept up that boorish behavior, then I probably wouldn't still be a listener. But people change and move on.

I'm sure you'd like to move on and hope everyone just forgets about the Deeproot stuff, right? If I remember correctly, weren't you die-hard for Deeproot right up until the very end? When you pre-ordered a RAZA, I guess you didn't care about all the people that JPOP ripped off, or mind buying products from a company run by an egotistical asshole like Robert? Of course, that was before we knew just how much of an asshole Robert really was. So I mean, at this point it's kind of a glass houses situation, wouldn't you say?

#3301 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I would say Kaneda was a creepy weirdo when he was on Pinside.
Go talk to Pinside and try to get him back on.

That would be a supreme waste of time, and I think the status quo is just fine as is.

Quoted from kklank:

List of companies I ordered games from.
Pinball Brothers
Deep Root
Dutch
Heighway Pinball
Haggis.
Guess that means I don’t care about others. Lol.
Stop trying to create an argument. Unnecessary.

I think you missed my point. I don't think that supporting startups is a bad thing. I'm supporting Haggis myself. But you can't use Kaneda's bad behavior in the past as a reason why we shouldn't listen to or enjoy his content now, when you chose to ignore just as bad or worse behavior by people like Robert Mueller and Jpop. It's a double-standard. Hopefully, you can understand what I'm saying here.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't care as much as I do. Guess, I'm just bored waiting for games I've ordered to ship.

1 week later
#3440 2 years ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Agreed. They decided it was best to just go from a completely transparent company “follow us on YouTube for daily updates” to one with closed doors. Makes sense.[quoted image]

I really enjoyed the updates. I got the feeling like Haggis was this unusually open and honest company that was taking us all on this journey with them. And that was really refreshing compared to most of the other pinball companies. But now that feeling is more or less gone.

I for one was looking forward to seeing how their facilities and production process came along. Like did their main driveway / loading gate ever get corrected and connected properly to the main road? What does their workflow process look like now compared to a year ago? You know, that kind of thing. Nothing that I would normally expect to know about a pinball company per se, but just stuff that's cool and interesting to learn about, that Haggis uniquely shared with us.

Damian's excitement and enthusiasm were contagious, and his updates were always entertaining. I miss them.

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So drops in order, 123 or ORBS doesn't ring a bell?
You really can't tell that these playfields and rules are similar?
Ok then.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I've always thought that they played pretty different. Neither one really comes to mind when playing the other.

#3514 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

All this beer talk is making want to buy an Oktoberfest now.

Make sure you've played it a bunch before buying. I thought I liked it, but it didn't last a month before I traded it. Just not the game for me.

#3527 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Scotch eggs are amazing. I have eaten them a lot in the upper peninsula of Michigan. They were made with sausage so probably a little different than what you had growing up. Not sure what is the traditional way to make them. They for sure seem popular in the UP for some reason.

All the Scotch eggs in Britain that I've had were made with regular sausage and egg. I imagine that there are a few variations though.

Also, as off-putting as the name might sound, Blood Sausage really just tastes more or less like notmal sausage anyway. At least to me.

#3596 2 years ago

I do wonder what specifically is the limiting factor in getting games finished? The "parts shortages and delays" line doesn't really tell us much. Especially when Haggis all ready makes so many parts in-house.

I'd like to know what specific parts are still missing, or what mech/feature isn't working correctly, or what stage of assembly is giving Haggis trouble.

#3752 2 years ago
Quoted from wesh:

Any other series ticket holders out shoot me a PM. Would be nice to get a group that bought the game to chat about what’s coming or actual communications from Haggis ans Damien.
I can’t keep up between the beer and all the other things going on in this thread anymore.

Only Series ticket holders? So no normal buyers?

#3871 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I left school at 14, i don't care about your grammar righteousness.
"I am owed an update" is entitlement, self entitlement or whatever other term you wish to use. I know a squirrel when i see a squirrel.

Okay, but words matter, particularly in a written medium like an online forum. So to be clear, self-entitled means a person believes they are owed something, even when they haven't earned it, or even when they don't have any legal right to it.

But, here's the thing, sometimes people really ARE owed things. For instance, if you have a drivers license, then you are allowed to drive a car, you are ENTITLED to drive one legally. You are owed that right, if you have earned your license. If you are of legal drinking age, then you are entitled to drink alcohol, you are owed that right by virtue of your age, you can expect the ability to buy a drink without a problem.

All of us are entitled to a great many things, some we earned (like say passing a driving exam), and some we were given by our countries' constitutions or by mutual societal agreement (the right to vote, drink, ect.). And here's another more relevant example: if you purchase a product, you are entitled to receive that product. When you pay someone currency for an item, they now owe you that item. In other words, you are ENTITLED to receive what you paid for. I think we're all still on the same page here.

Now the only point of contention here, as far as I can tell, is that many of us believe that if we pay for a product, and do not receive that product within the expected timeframe, we are entitled to an update. We are owed an explanation of why the product is late and/or an updated delivery window. Fathom pre-order buyers fall into this category, and it could easily be argued that we are entitled/owed this information by virtue of having given Haggis our money. You might disagree Punkin, but you have to at least see where we are coming from.

Now someone who has not given Haggis any money, who has not purchased Fathom, is obviously NOT entitled to receiving updates or information about said game. They might WANT to know more, but they not owed that information, since they did not pay for the product. If someone who is not a pre-order buyers comes into this thread demanding information that they are not owed, then they would be the definition of SELF-ENTITLED. And it would be perfectly reasonable to tell them to go pound sand.

But you can't lump them in with people who actually paid money to Haggis and entered into an agreement to purchase AND receive a Fathom remake.

#3872 2 years ago

Game looks even better than expected! Guess this means Dr. John should be opening his game soon. Hopefully, he does an early stream of it like he did with Fathom. I loved seeing Mary place his final inspection sticker down!

#3928 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Same thing mate, you are drawing distinctions that don't legally exist. The words apply the same in both cases.
Haggis are not contracted in any way to provide anyone with video updates, or any update.
Doesn't matter if you have sent them money, the money was for a pinball machine, not a series of videos.
Your key line here that makes it incredibly obvious is "is that many of us believe that if we pay for a product, and do not receive that product within the expected timeframe, we are entitled to an update. We are owed an explanation of why the product is late and/or an updated delivery window".
Many of us BELIEVE WE ARE ENTITLED.
My exact point.
GoFuckingHaggisPunkin

Are people arguing that Haggis MUST provide updates to their buyers? I know I never said that Haggis was LEGALLY obligated to provide updates, nor do I ever remember Haggis saying that they would provide timely updates in any of the website or email language when I bought a game. I mean if they specifically said that they would provide updates, then you wouldn't have a leg to stand on, so to speak.

I think I was pretty clear in my previous post; I acknowledged then, as I do now, that you don't feel buyers of a product are owed ANY updates whatsoever, even when the product is very late. They are only owed the product. Okay, so what? It's not wrong for a buyer to want an update when a product they paid money for is not delivered on time. Especially, when the seller was previously very forthcoming with information. But whatever, you are in your own world with this one. I've said more than enough on the subject.

--------------

Either way, I was never one of the impatient ones. I'm in no particular rush to get my Fathom, and am looking forward to seeing the first games get delivered soon. I think that projector is awesome, and that combined with how spectacular the game looks, will draw a lot of attention on location. My game will going straight to our local Pinball Room when it gets delivered.

#3983 1 year ago

I can't wait to hear of a game actually being unboxed. I know that Dr. John is game #1 for every Haggis title. So if games truly have shipped, then he and Emily should have theirs any day now.

#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Educate me (I promise I’m not the only one)
Who is Dr John and why does he get the first game?

In addition to being an Oral Surgeon who works especially with children, Doctor John is a pretty well-known member of the pinball community. He's Australian, and both he and his daughter play in a lot of pinball tournaments. They have a Twitch streaming channel - https://www.twitch.tv/emilyanddoctorjohn . And he also does pinball restorations as well.

He's been one of Haggis' biggest outside supporters since very early on. I believe he was the first person to unbox and stream Celts, long before any other Celts games shipped. He was a beta-tester of sorts.

#4004 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Haggis way underpriced it a year ago. They left A LOT of meat on the table.

Disagree. It took Haggis almost the full "for-sale" window to sell out of the MEs, and that's with a couple dealers like Nitro and FNO buying many multiples for future sale.

Prices on all games have gone up since then, but at the time Haggis offered the MEs, they were priced right.

#4015 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Only a man would be stupid enough to do that. Testosterone and bad decisions go hand in hand.

LOL!

#4018 1 year ago
Quoted from dscapo:

I don’t believe someone paid $10k for a preorder spot. Think this may be a marketing ploy.

If someone was really willing to pay that much for a spot, you'd think they reach out in the thread.

3 weeks later
#4415 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Prove it. I think it was.

Sadly, no one can prove anything, because Haggis hasn't given any explanations nor have they continued to ship out games after the first one.

So just a lot of mystery and speculation for now. The ones that say everything is fine are also just guessing. Since things are obviously not fine.

#4492 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

With the absolute inability to source replacement node boards and Stern's proprietary hold on the schematics you may well have the proverbial boat anchor. Good luck finding SAM playfield boards never mind the newer Spike boards. Of course in 5, 10, 15 years from now some enterprising individual will figure out that there is a strong market place for replacement boards. We can only hope.

LOL. Ha, you remind me of that AussieArcade guy from youtube, saying how awful Spike is. It's funny because one guy commented that he bet Stern games would be worth pennies on the dollar in a few years. That was 3 years ago. And they're worth more than ever! No signs of slowing down.

Plus, why would Stern stop making Spike node boards, when they can sell them for 10x their cost? How do you think PPS makes all their money off the WMS games? Licensing replacement parts for all those 90s pins.

#4497 1 year ago

And of course, my previous statement assumes that the current shortage of node boards is only temporary. I hope that once global supply chains and shipping go back to normal that Stern/Marco and the other dealers will have mode board stock readily available again.

If not, then that's another story all together.

1 week later
#4600 1 year ago

If it's true that a Celts all ready has wear by the flippers, then that's not good at all. It's the opposite of what we'd be hoping for. But without pictures it's hard to know the truth.

Although Haggis did that rolling test and the perspex seemed to hold up well, the ball doesn't actually roll away from the flippers during normal pinball gameplay. The ball is actually driven into, or sorta slams, into the pf with quite a lot of force before rolling out. Not the same as a gentle roll at all like the test.

I think it's shown in that slowmo guys video, but it's been a while.

#4603 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The ball is essentially dragged instead of rolling. It's the same wherever the ball is forced to quickly change direction - flippers, pop bumpers and VUKs are the biggest offenders. Pop bumpers are even worse because they also drive into the ball downward to apply the force via the ring. Which is why mylar or vinyl around pop-bumper rings has been standard for decades. On flippers, the ball 'bites' into the rubber and then is pushed along without being able to spin while the stroke of the flipper accelerates the ball in the other direction. It's dragged along by the flipper rubber contact and then pushed. Once off the flipper and zooming away, eventually the friction between the ball and the playfield bite and cause the ball to start rolling. The slicker the surface, the longer the ball drags before biting and rolling. VUKs basically throw the ball.. so it skids until the friction bites and it starts rolling. VUKs usually involve a vertical drop too.. so it's a combination of the impact and dragging/skidding that accelerate wear where they feed to.
Good news for Fathom is no scoops, only eject saucers. But I'd wager wear around the pop bumpers would be the first area to watch. Of course flipper area is high risk simply due to the proximity to the player so a high visibility area.
This is the challenge with any 'coating' solution - the coatings limit your ability to refinish the surface. Haggis feel they have done their diligence.. only thing we can do really is wait to see how it performs long term. It at least has the potential for serviceable replacement.. Haggis could also build confidence by having a clear affordable option for future needs.

Thanks for the details. My recollection of the exact physics was hazy.

#4691 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

That empty cabinet sure is pretty!!
[quoted image]

So any coin mechs? Or at least the wiring for them, so that I could just drop a couple in quickly?

My Fathom will be going on location right away, at least ideally.

#4696 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

New machines in aus come with slots, brackets, wiring and no mechs. You can order mechs with it i'll bet if you give them an email.

Good to know. My Dad has worked for a regional op for like 20 years. So we've got plenty of spare coin mechs around.

4 weeks later
#4935 1 year ago
Quoted from Meldenhut:

Any new news? How are the current owners enjoying their machines? Would love to know more about the 2.0 code?
Patiently waiting for my number to be called up

Bruce and Zac give their first impressions of the Fathom remake that was recently delivered to the Rochester Pinball Collective in the latest episode of Slam Tilt.

https://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2022/07/04/episode-189-light-at-the-end-of-the-rainbow/

It's a little ways into the episode, but nice to hear some feedback about the game, code, and Haggis' build quality.

#4960 1 year ago

Awesome! Anyone know how many have gone out yet?

Seems like maybe 2 or 3 a-week average right now?

#4998 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I am in the first batch of 5 after the last series ticket holders are done. Was told earlier this week that those last 5 should be done next week. After that, my game will be on the line. I also paid back in March and it has been well over 8 weeks.
I know I will get my game but would rather have been told 20 weeks if that was the real time frame.

Yeah, I really wish that Haggis wasn't asking for payment until the games were actually boxed and ready to go out the door, or nearly so. No reason for Haggis to hold onto people's money for that long. Especially, since this is a desirable and limited-run game. So it's not like Haggis is going to be stuck with a bunch of unsold inventory.

No reason, unless they are having cash-flow problems anyway. Which leads to scary territory, given previous history of other pinball companies.

Oh well, it's not my pinball company. I'll be happy as long as Haggis eventually gets all 250 out of the door.

#5005 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

These games look amazing but am I the only one unable to get past the name of the company? Just doesn't sit well with or look right on the game. Maybe with time. I have a nice original but may want one of these.

You're not. My wife and especially my daughter hate the name. Conjures images of sheep stomachs in their heads.

Doesn't bother me really, but you are not alone if it does!

And yeah, would be nice if the name was more Australian sounding. Everyone thinks they're a Scottish company when they first hear the name.

#5016 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Here we fucking go again.

Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

LOL. Someone else brought it up. I think it's been a while since that topic was discussed.

If one of you can provide a good reason why Haggis would needs payment so early, then I'll happily never discuss it again. Short of the company being hard up for cash, I can't "Fathom" why they want payment so far ahead of the build time.

Please, enlighten me. Since you are so tired of the subject being discussed. Also, isn't the other thread the sunshine-and-roses Haggis thread, I thought this one was where we could actually discuss potential issues and concerns. And ya know, look at things with a healthy dose of skepticism.

#5020 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I've never told them what goes into the sausage or hot dogs either.

Ha! Probably wise.

Also, my wife is British, so she's a bit more familiar with foods like Haggis than the average American.

1 week later
#5089 1 year ago
Quoted from CQQLKAT-LEE:

OK so it's only 250 dollar discount they've allocated. Unfortunately with the incredible amount they're looking to get these days for air shipping, I may have to ship it by sea rather than to pay almost 2k to get it by air. That's a crazy shipping cost curious how many people who are getting mermaids are going to chose to pay by Air shipping verses free by sea?

Yeah, I'm debating whether to go air or sea. The only thing that concerns me about sea is how long it will take Haggis to fill a container's worth of Fathoms.

If it takes Haggis 4 months to build my game once I pay for it, then a couple more months waiting for a container full, then 3 months on the boat. Then however long it takes PPs to ship out to me. I could easily that whole process taking nearly a year. That's a long time to wait after making a full payment.

#5113 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I just sold a bunch of mods to Ministry of Pinball in the Netherlands and they educated me on WISE payment system - so much better than Paypal for large payments with a very small transfer fee from their account to mine.

Yeah, I posted about using Wise a few months back.

I think the best method will depend on the exchange rate, and the Australian and US Dollar invoice prices that Haggis is asking at time of payment. Have to do some math to figure out what works best for us.

#5118 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Wondering if this style thread will continue with their 2nd game??? ... meaning lack of patience

Haggis is essentially a year behind schedule at this point. How late can Haggis be before we're allowed to mention it or ask questions?

#5135 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

I guess what I am getting at is that come the 2nd game one would assume that things will run smoother, so like it got me wondering, maybe you guys (who have orders) actually love the sweat. Not sure that I am really buying, "Oh I dont trust Haggis", "Haggis is DR" blah blah... Surely people are aware that the vast majority of start ups do not run as smooth as Stern.
Come the 2nd game, if everything goes to plan what are you guys going to talk about???? lol.

Hopefully, the unboxings will come a lot faster on game 2, and we'll just be talking about how cool and fun pin #2 is. And how much faster production is going!

1 week later
#5192 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Nervous about what?? that the NY bank might be dodgy??

Probably, more like that he'll get his game.

#5224 1 year ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Curious to know a rounded figure on that.

As would most of us. Optimistically, it seems like Haggis has been making about 2 Fathoms a week for the last couple of months. Maybe?

#5243 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

There aren't, and I'm not sure why you'd think there were. They are just wrapping up the last of the 20 series ticket holder machines now or soon or just recently.

Seems like my 3 Fathoms-a-week estimate is pretty close then. I hope Haggis can pick up the pace eventually, cuz it'll take 2 years to finish all 250 at this rate of manufacture.

#5253 1 year ago
Quoted from lachied:

Dont you mean 3 a month? We are in 8th month and if they only have 20 or so made. 3 a week would be closer to 90 machines made.
So the pace is worse than you mention. It is more like 5 years+

I meant to write 2 Fathoms a week, I must have fat fingered the 3.

We're not in the 8th month of Haggis actually producing Fathoms. When did the 2nd Fathom ship? Wasn't it like a month or so after the first one?

I'm giving Haggis the benefit of the doubt, and I'm only counting them as being in the 3rd month of production. Since they seem to finally be pushing them out at a steady, but very slow pace.

So 10 weeks at 2-a-week is about 20 games. That's my math anyway. So another 100 or so weeks from now and they'll be done!

#5256 1 year ago

With a heavy heart, I'm considering selling my ME spot. PM if interested.
c052381a8dd18751c54264b85b56fb4fe8d1dc44 (resized).jpgc052381a8dd18751c54264b85b56fb4fe8d1dc44 (resized).jpg

EDIT: SOLD awaiting confirmation from Haggis.

#5258 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I was going to buy an extra spot and put the boxed game away for a year or two, but someone made that option into a bad tasting idea.
I don't think it will last long though, good luck with it.

Thanks, I've just had the money tied up for too long. Might regret it, who knows?

#5268 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's just it mate, i only need one, and i thought i'd pick one up that someone didn't want back when there were heaps bailing, annd make some cash in the future one day.
But then i saw what he did and realized in a very big way, that making cash off our community is not what i need to do. I have a business already that allows me to be involved in pinball in a big way. I should be grateful for that and not confuse the two.
If my business was pinball, that would be a different story.
If it's still there in a month, then message me and i'll take it for sure. But allow someone in at cost before me.

Spot went quick. Just waiting to hear back from Haggis now.

Maybe should have priced the spot higher, but didn't want to gouge for the sake of gouging. I lost a lot of money on my Ultraman spot, so selling my Fathom spot helped balance that a bit.

#5276 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think they will.
Was more a hint for DakotaMike to stop pre-ordering since he bailed on both UM and this.

Well, with Fathom I sold my spot because the timeline for delivery after paying the invoice just doesn’t work for me currently. I've got better uses for the money right now. If Haggis had built games on their original stated timeframe, and close to their 10-games-a-week goal, then I wouldn't have sold my Fathom spot.

And with Ultraman, I decided to cut my losses rather than sink more money into it. The whole situation with Spooky on this title was an unanticipated shitshow.

But you win some and you lose some. It's all good.

#5281 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Disrespect for saying he lost money of UM. You mean he couldnt flip for a profit, same reason he is out on this.
Did someone hold a knife to your throat and make you sell?

If you're talking about me, then you're mistaken. I didn't go in on Ultraman or Fathom to flip them for a profit. Look at my selling history on Pinside, every game has been opened and played, and most have been older titles.

I do have a limited amount of space at home and at our location, and I've got a fairly limited budget too, so I usually try to buy project games and/or games that I think will hold or go up in value. This is called smart decision-making.

No one forced me to walk away from my UM spot, but anyone that wants more insight into my reasoning, is free to read my post about it in the UM Owners Thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ultraman-kaiju-rumble-owners/page/50#post-7003173

Quoted from Roostking:

Its unhealthy to commit to pins, only to pull out when they didnt climb in cost right after release.

I'm not aware of any public sales of Fathoms 2.0's yet, but I would fully expect every Fathom made to be worth quite a bit more than it's invoice cost, once delivered anyway. The game is such a beauty, and it's so limited and special in a lot of ways, I think it will remain a highly desirable title for a long time. And the amount of interest that I had in my spot definitely supports this theory.

As far as Ultraman goes, it didn't just not go up in price at release, it's crashed through the floor! UM's market price has fallen steadily every month for the last year. It's now significantly cheaper to lose your deposit and buy a game on the secondary market, than actually paying your invoice. That's just sad for a lot of reasons.

#5286 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Curious to know if you sold your fathom slot for over asking.

No, I just sold it for what I listed it for. Like I all ready mentioned, I wasn't particularly trying to get max dollar for my Fathom spot.

Quoted from paulbaptiste:

It’s pending at $2100

I haven't heard back officially from Haggis yet confirming the transfer, hence the "pending" status. I assume it's good to go, just don't want to mark it "sold" until I hear as such from Damian or someone else at Haggis.

#5289 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Jeez man, why bother replying or defending yourself to strangers on a pinball forum?
Do what you want. It's your money and your possession. Fuck any stranger who cares about what you do personally.

Quoted from kklank:

Ignore the same bs from the same pinsiders. These are typically the same guys that don’t spend a dime but they preach about how much they know about right and wrong.
You don’t have to explain yourself. It’s your money.

Thanks guys, I know that I don't need to explain myself to anyone.

I guess I find it amusing to correct people that have such strong takes based in complete ignorance. Particularly, when I can back up what I'm saying with facts and evidence.

I do think it's strange that roostprincess, or whatever his name is, felt the need to go after me. For some reason, he seems triggered by people selling their deposit spots. I totally get not liking flippers in this hobby, particularly the ones who buy games just to sell them still in the box, but that's really not what happened here.

But whatever, I'm happy and the guy who bought my spot is happy to. Win, win, as far as I'm concerned. Although, I may feel different once all the Fathoms are built and I don't have one!

2 weeks later
#5499 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

True there are no real victims remaining in this thread, but for ….
Any buyer requesting a refund who did not receive one. That’s right, if requesting to cancel order and getting money back immediately was an option, then Haggis’ policy would be fine. But this is not the case. Any buyer who wants a refund today and can’t have it are being wronged. Not just the loudmouths here, but of all buyers. Every person that wants an update from Damian and receives a purposely misleading one or who is requested to pay their balance are being lied to. Aren’t these people victims? What about people that needed their money and never got it, and they gave up? How about people that would cancel if told the truth and it was it would take 18-36 months before receiving game?
There are victims littering everywhere. Maybe it comes down to how you define victims. But this seems like a classic, breech of contract for falling to deliver, with an international twist.

No need to get a refund when Haggis lets you transfer your deposit spot to another person. And the game in question has a lot of demand for it.

4 weeks later
#5598 1 year ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Meant to add these earlier from last weekends Super Awesome Tailgate at Cointaker BubbaBeast
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa! It's Mrs Pin and Dr. Pin!! And is that Jeff Parsons?!

Nice!

#5630 1 year ago

I'm not sure that upping price or quantity is a good idea for Haggis' next game.

It took Haggis nearly the full window to sell out of Fathom Mermaids at roughly $8k USD and 250 units. Increasing either number by much, seems like a recipe for disaster. Particularly, in this softening market.

Also, how long would it take Haggis to build 500 or 1000 games? I shudder to think.

2 months later
#5853 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Why would anybody announce abandoning a deposit when so much shame and ridicule has already been dished out by Pinside?

Why would you abandon your deposit when you can sell it to someone else for as much or more than you paid for it?

2 weeks later
#6025 1 year ago

I still think it would have been pretty cool if Damien had kept posting update videos in spite of the delays and setbacks. Would have been neat to follow the ups and downs along with the Team at Haggis.

That seemed like where it was heading at first, but sadly Haggis did what every other company does and went publicly quiet as soon as they encountered delays and problems.

I don’t blame them of course, but it would have bring a great journey to go on with them. Would have been cool to have it all documented.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.