Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif
    There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.
    #1001 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Eventually this will decrease and folks'll be stuck with pins they can't sell. That alone is worth it. I'd love to see a blow out sale with some idiot stuck with 6 GZLE's. LOL. Harder to sit on than 6 PS5's.

I feel like this is already happening. Nobody is paying the scalper, even for as hot a game as GZ is. The price is dropping and people are a little ticked at scalpers.
    Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 11.16.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-25 at 11.16.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-25 at 11.17.18 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-25 at 11.17.18 AM (resized).png

#1002 2 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

I feel like this is already happening. Nobody is paying the scalper, even for as hot a game as GZ is. The price is dropping and people are a little ticked at scalpers.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah....

We'll see once the unboxing videos start. Sure FOMO won't creep back in

#1003 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Yeah....
    We'll see once the unboxing videos start. Sure FOMO won't creep back in

Anything is possible, but we had a stream that made people's jaws hit the floor, and that didn't make people pay 14k. I certainly wouldn't.

#1004 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ll admit we are kind of talking about different things.
    God forbid stern makes a game with gold rails any time over the next 10 years. It’ll be “Beatles parts lying around.”

Joe K did say they still have 300 left to build

#1005 2 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

Truth be told, Pinside is the last place you'd want to sell newer games. I sold lots of games and 99% of the time I'd get severely lowballed here so I'd end the listing here and just sell them elsewhere for significantly more. Heck I would get more from distributers themselves wanting to buy back games than I'd ever get offered here. So the fact that listings are being terminated as unsold here doesn't at all mean they aren't getting that price or more elsewhere.

#1006 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

1000th FU post! FU Pinside! - list your FUs below!

As the news has now sunk in a bit, my sense is that some people may have changed their FU to F Me or both.

Maybe add a poll?

#1007 2 years ago

All I know is the guy who said stern was pushing him out of the hobby with their cruel price increases is still turboposting here, so I’d guess at least one guy has joined the F ME club.

#1008 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I know is the guy who said stern was pushing him out of the hobby with their cruel price increases is still turboposting here, so I’d guess at least one guy has joined the F ME club.

Based on post numbers there is only 1 turboposter here...

#1009 2 years ago

Looks like I gained 10 pounds before Thanksgiving. FU Scales

#1010 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

so I’d guess at least one guy has joined the F ME club.

Ok that was good!

#1011 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The bubble will burst.
    And we are all just sitting around licking our chops waiting for that magic moment!

That’s an epiphany! Never heard that. Very inciting.

Any…day…now…

#1012 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Only one guy but I’m doing my best! GZUS!

Slave driver.

#1013 2 years ago

Not sure which is more tedious: the price bubble threads, or those that can’t stop responding to them.

#1014 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Unfortunately, this hobby has now attracted the low-life profiteers, who sweep up as many LEs as they can, then sell them to make an easy few thousands bucks.
    And the really, really sad thing is....people will gladly pay these inflated prices, so the profiteers are here to stay; until the big pinball crash...which is coming.
    I still can't get a PS5 because of these low-life's....but I'm not stupid enough to pay over RRP to get one. I can wait 2 or 3 years no problem.
    The only way to eliminate these people from this hobby is to sting them hard...don't buy what they're selling, leave them with expensive stock. They'll soon scutter back to the trash pile where they came.

I think there are steps some companies could take to lessen some of the buy ups. Like for pinball machines specifically, no transfers, must be shipped to the same name and address that ordered, things of that nature. Isn't going to stop all of it, but would slow some of it down. Of course, they have little incentive to do this because they WANT to sell out.

#1015 2 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Man. Look at all those scumbag flippers.

#1016 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The “parts lying around” theory is one of my favorite in all of pinball.
    These manufacturers just have a pile of “parts lying around” and this affects all of their future marketing and production decisions!

Obviously you've never heard of the McRib warehouses.

mcribby2 (resized).jpgmcribby2 (resized).jpg
    #1017 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Zing...

#1018 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

9 Godzilla LEs in the classifieds if anyone is looking - starting at 13K - keep fueling the fire!
    [quoted image]
    at this rate 10K by Christmas sounds great!

So essentially Stern is leaving $2.5 million on the table by selling the LEs at $10,500 as opposed to $13,000 they appear to be being sold at by the flippers.

How long before Stern says "Hey, let's just increase our price to $13,000 and pocket the $2.5 million". I hate price increases as much as the next person, but they'd be stupid not to keep raising prices.

#1019 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

You spelled Troll wrong.

#1020 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

So essentially Stern is leaving $2.5 million on the table by selling the LEs at $10,500 as opposed to $13,000 they appear to be being sold at by the flippers.
    How long before Stern says "Hey, let's just increase our price to $13,000 and pocket the $2.5 million". I hate price increases as much as the next person, but they'd be stupid not to keep raising prices.

There is an LE for $12k

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/121627

#1021 2 years ago

When you now hear the prices of new Stern pinball machines (apply to JJP as well).

200.gif200.gif

#1022 2 years ago

If Stern charged 13K for the LE's, then the flippers would just ask 15K.

#1023 2 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If Stern charged 13K for the LE's, then the flippers would just ask 15K.

But no one is buying the flipped ones in the market for 13k. Is that just because they are being flipped? To me 13k is just an insane price to pay, especially when a premium with everything in it is 4k cheaper.

#1024 2 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

But no one is buying the flipped ones in the market for 13k. Is that just because they are being flipped? To me 13k is just an insane price to pay, especially when a premium with everything in it is 4k cheaper.

Yes the higher number 1000 instead of 700 and the higher entry price put the flippers in a worse position. It's not as rare as Elvira LE for example so a lot of the people who really wanted one got one. So less people to flip to also the MSRP is already inflated so less room to inflate it even more.

#1025 2 years ago

F you Stern and your darn videos! I just watched the video for the Godzilla Pro (I'm a Pro kind of guy), and I want one. The Pro didn't have all that crap to get in the way. I grew up on Creature Double Feature, and this game is right in my wheel house. Of course I'm sure my knees will buckle once they start talking about taxes and shipping, but I'm looking into getting one anyway.

#1026 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

F you Stern and your darn videos! I just watched the video for the Godzilla Pro (I'm a Pro kind of guy), and I want one. The Pro didn't have all that crap to get in the way. I grew up on Creature Double Feature, and this game is right in my wheel house. Of course I'm sure my knees will buckle once they start talking about taxes and shipping, but I'm looking into getting one anyway.

What video did you watch? A stream?

Edit: Never mind, I see a Stern video was released.

#1027 2 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

not me, but some people need to feel special

#1028 2 years ago

Time to cash out !!! Run for your lives !!!

F3616058-5F66-431E-8798-A832D5BE4CDD (resized).pngF3616058-5F66-431E-8798-A832D5BE4CDD (resized).png
    #1029 2 years ago

JJP just raised GNR LE prices to $11k! Insane but I'm sure they believe their products are worth more then a Stern LE at $10,500. These recent prices increases are insane but hey if you bought at the lower price points you just made thousands! lol.

#1030 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP just raised GNR LE prices to $11k! Insane but I'm sure they believe their products are worth more then a Stern LE at $10,500. These recent prices increases are insane but hey if you bought at the lower price points you just made thousands! lol.

11k for a LE?

#1031 2 years ago

Yup, reported by Kaneda.

#1032 2 years ago

I’d much rather have a Stern Godzilla LE for $11k than a GnR for $11k.
    Sure that’s personal preference, but I’m not sure Toy Story LEs are going to be flying at $11k, especially with a 1 year wait to get them.

#1033 2 years ago
    Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’d much rather have a Stern Godzilla LE for $11k than a GnR for $11k.
    Sure that’s personal preference, but I’m not sure Toy Story LEs are going to be flying at $11k, especially with a 1 year wait to get them.

These new prices are nuts. I wouldn't want either at the price, both are insane at $10,500 and $11k lol. I feel like I got a deal a couple months back with a NIB July build GNR LE for $9,500 which at the time seemed like an insane amount of money to spend on a pin.

#1034 2 years ago

Can people ever state their opinion without interjecting a pin they have
    “OMG 10500 is insane who would ever pay that? Glad I got one for 9500”

LMAO

#1035 2 years ago

I think mushrooms are gross. I own Big Game.

Sorry. I tried.

#1036 2 years ago
    Quoted from greeneye:

Can people ever state their opinion without interjecting a pin they have
    “OMG 10500 is insane who would ever pay that? Glad I got one for 9500”
    LMAO

Im DONE with NIB purchases..

Right after I get my Halloween...

#1037 2 years ago

I mean…JJp announced a new run of $11k wonka LEs last week so kinda makes sense that’s their standard LE price now, right?

#1038 2 years ago

Wonder what price CCC will end up at?

#1039 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Wonder what price CCC will end up at?

What on earth is going on with CGC? They could be selling MM, AFM, MB by the bucketloads ….they’re like “eh, when we get around to it”.

#1040 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What on earth is going on with CGC? They could be selling MM, AFM, MB by the bucketloads ….they’re like “eh, when we get around to it”.

The 6k AFM would be selling like Hot cakes now

#1041 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

What on earth is going on with CGC?

Working their butts off getting CCR ready. Getting prototypes built, and approved, and any changes made to get approval, and ready for shows. Getting games ready to ship. They've been busy.

Yes it's taken longer than anyone ever hoped. But it will be worth it.

LTG : )

#1042 2 years ago

How much did JJP charge for GnR CE and Stern for SLE pins? I have to think that’ll be $15k for Toy Story CE or any Stern SLE release.

#1043 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Maybe they needed the extra money to fix PF's and support customers with bad ones

#1044 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Maybe they needed the extra money to fix PF's and support customers with bad ones

Lol yeah. Thankfully pretty much all GNR playfield issues stopped with the late June and going forward builds, something is working. It's still BS that the issue happened in the first place after Wonka and Pirates had the issue. Free playfields should have been sent out to GNR customers with messed up playfields.

#1045 2 years ago

well glad some people got good Playfields and the rest of us Destroyed ours from just playing it from the factory , How dare us . how dare we destroy the Sheety less than perfect P.O.S pooling chipping playfield with art flaking off in under 200 plays ..
    Warranty Doesn't Cover Defects it seems .. Should Be odds like a Lottery on the sale of a pinball. Tell you this game has a 60 percent chance to have a P.O.S Pooling chipping playfield from regular play .
    This box has a 10 percent Chance after june with same amount of user play .

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol yeah. Thankfully pretty much all GNR playfield issues stopped with the late June and going forward builds, something is working. It's still BS that the issue happened in the first place after Wonka and Pirates had the issue. Free playfields should have been sent out to GNR customers with messed up playfields.

#1046 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I thinks what's working is that they covered up the issues with washers
    time will tell if it spreads past the washers

#1047 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You're absolutely right, but I also am sure they are balling out of control with their main business, plus getting ready to ramp up for CC, plus part and labor shortages, I kinda can get why they aren't just cranking out games. I wish they were though, they'd definitely be making a bunch of extra money

#1048 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

pretty much all GNR playfield issues stopped with the late June and going forward builds

#1049 2 years ago

²

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I thinks what's working is that they covered up the issues with washers
    time will tell if it spreads past the washers

If they are in full washer mode, isn´t it safe to assume the problems are not solved?

#1050 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

²

If they are in full washer mode, isn´t it safe to assume the problems are not solved?

Just don't peak under the washers and all will be fine

There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.