Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 2 years ago

This is actually a piece of cake to fix. Just stop buying games. New, used, projects, everything. The problem is that people keep lining up and throwing their money at Stern. People are paying crazy ass prices for used games.

Stern would be insane not to increase their prices sitting their watching people pay crazy money for games.

#204 2 years ago

I'm just wondering at what point the operators will be priced out of the games? You figure a 50% split with the location and a Pro would need to be played about 14,000 times just for them to break even. That doesn't even include the labor to keep it running when something breaks and the cost to shop it out. You aren't going to get 14,000 plays out of it without shopping it that's for sure.

I realize that some of them sell before break even, but still. At what point do they just decide to put in a claw machine or some other redemption machine?

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

do you take shelter under a bridge? lol

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #290 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I also have been flipping GPUs since people are insane in that market as well.

Ah, so you're one of those people making it so I can't GPUs at MSRP for clients that need high end GPUs for design work. Those people aren't insane, they are trying to make a living and do their work.

Thanks.

#318 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Speaking of price increases:
    From Replay Magazine: Stern to charge monthly fee for code and features associated with online platform.
    Quote:
    All-Access Connected is a subscription version of the experience, focused on providing additional player features along with behind-the-scenes development stuff, early access, special events and quests. In the future, we intend to create exclusive game extensions, such as special access to new modes or new rules and features to increase the All-Access Connected value.
    https://www.replaymag.com/stern-pinball-insider-connected-0921/

During the web session yesterday Gary was asked about if Connected would become a monthly subscription service. I have to say, I absolutely loved his answer. It was something along the lines of "Well, not right away, but we won't worry about that until we get everyone connected".

#443 2 years ago

I had an interesting discussion last night with our local operator. I asked him at what price he gets shut out on a new Pro. He told me that although it takes a long time to recoup the investment, the pinball machine is typically complementary to the other things that are earning well. He said although they do consider potential resale value, it typically not the driving force behind the purchase decision.

He also told me that a ton of his locations are requesting pinball machines. He said they don't have near enough inventory to satisfy the requests from his locations.

#571 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sometimes it really seems like all anybody wants to talk about. No other hobby I’ve ever dipped my toe into is this obsessed with money/value/bubbles.

Based on that statement, I'm assuming you have a lot of hobbies having a $6,000 entry point?

We aren't talking about a $10 increase in the price of a tennis racket in this thread.

#802 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The guitar forums are nowhere near this batshit crazy about money and there are guitars that go for millions of dollars.
    And the pinball hobby has about a $500 “entry point” if you want to be particular.

This is a thread about NIB games and Stern's price increase. You can't get a NIB game for $500.

I'm no guitar expert, but I'm pretty sure there aren't new guitars that are selling for millions of dollars. So you're comparing apples to Volkswagons.

#808 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, this thread is about crybabies with too much money hurling invective at a company (which doesn't have feelings) because pinball machines cost money.

Damn, My mistake. I could have swore that the thread was started because of a price increase from Stern for their NIB machines.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've pointed out that to me pinball people seem unreasonably obsessed about money, all they want to talk about is prices and money and little else, and now you want to argue about guitars.

What? You're the one that brought Guitar prices into a pinball thread.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It seems like pinball people take this all way too seriously and personally and I don't understand it. This thread is bizarre. If you are getting your feelings hurt by pinball prices, or find yourself getting lathered into a boiling rage once a year when pinball prices go up, you should either find a new hobby or try to get some perspective.

And here you are arguing the opposite for 17 pages when you could have easily read the thread title and kept scrolling. But if you're not on the other side of the fence then you're not happy, so I completely understand why you're hanging out in this thread.

1 week later
    #1018 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

9 Godzilla LEs in the classifieds if anyone is looking - starting at 13K - keep fueling the fire!
    [quoted image]
    at this rate 10K by Christmas sounds great!

So essentially Stern is leaving $2.5 million on the table by selling the LEs at $10,500 as opposed to $13,000 they appear to be being sold at by the flippers.

How long before Stern says "Hey, let's just increase our price to $13,000 and pocket the $2.5 million". I hate price increases as much as the next person, but they'd be stupid not to keep raising prices.

#1019 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Based on post numbers there is only 1 turboposter here...

You spelled Troll wrong.

3 months later
    #1319 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

F You OP and your price increases!!
    Is he really scalping games now? That’s rich.

Yup. Gotta love hypocrites.

Market (resized).JPGMarket (resized).JPG
    #1324 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

So, here's the message to Stern... "Its not okay for you to take rapacious profits. You have to stick to your pricing. However, we can buy your games and sell them at considerable profit while doing nothing more than being a middleman."

Imagine when Stern says "Well hell, if these people are going to be flipping our games for $11k, we'll just sell them for $11k".

#1328 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

As requested - title changed. As someone said - can't beat them, join them.

But make sure you bitch and whine like a mule before you do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.