Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif
    There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.
    #951 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I asked if it would be the new godzilla pro price and I was told it would be the new price - didn't even ask the specifics. Remember I was like mid twenties in line for dp so that probably wouldn't have been until next year

All depends if your game makes it out of the factory by Dec 31st. Jan 1 ALL games will be the new pricing. Dealers can cancel the order if they wish on prior orders, if their customers object to full boat price increases on the prior titles that were ordered previously.

If you are lucky, and your earlier title game makes it out of the factory before then, you will just be upcharged for the inter connect which is being installed on all units going forward.

So either a regular sized kick in the shorts, or a much bigger one depending on when the game makes it out of the factory.

Yeah on Deadpool probably lots of backorders so pretty much probably figure it will be the bigger kick in the pants as your dealer told you...

#952 2 years ago

I could have lived with a few hundred buck but the 800 no thank you

#953 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

F U gas station, it cost me $50 to fill up (used to be $40). I’m done with gas stations.

Stupid post. Gas is a practical necessity.

Quoted from luch:

what's the alternative ?

Exactly. For me it would either be spending 4 hours or more a day on light rail and buses (or just buses more likely), or working some extra Uber Eats on the side to pay for gas...which even with the extra gas use would actually take far less time out of my life than riding the bus. Hilarious, right?

Totally the same as a 9000 buck toy.

This place is becoming more and more like Facebook groups every day. It's embarrassing.

#954 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I asked if it would be the new godzilla pro price and I was told it would be the new price - didn't even ask the specifics. Remember I was like mid twenties in line for dp so that probably wouldn't have been until next year

Yeah. You are right. The end of year is getting close for builds, so would be new pricing.

I guess if folks make a stand now and say no to any future price increases by not buying it would be hard to buy any game in the future. One can wait to see how the market shakes out with HUO games, or BW’s for thar matter, but chances are those will be higher also. So Higher for new / higher for old games. Enjoying what you have is good, but getting a new game or older/new game is pretty awesome and fun.

Good luck

#955 2 years ago

Jjp re-running Wonkas... at 11k

Pinballstar Email

Screenshot_20210924-155439_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210924-155439_Gmail (resized).jpg

#956 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Pinballstar Email
    [quoted image]

Lol. Take that Stern! We can go even higher! My CE Wonka buy is feeling better each day.

#957 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Stupid post. Gas is a practical necessity.

Exactly. For me it would either be spending 4 hours or more a day on light rail and buses (or just buses more likely), or working some extra Uber Eats on the side to pay for gas...which even with the extra gas use would actually take far less time out of my life than riding the bus. Hilarious, right?
    Totally the same as a 9000 buck toy.
    This place is becoming more and more like Facebook groups every day. It's embarrassing.

I think that was sarcasm...but you never know.

#958 2 years ago

9 Godzilla LEs in the classifieds if anyone is looking - starting at 13K - keep fueling the fire!

godzilla (resized).jpggodzilla (resized).jpg

at this rate 10K by Christmas sounds great!

#959 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

9 Godzilla LEs in the classifieds if anyone is looking - starting at 13K - keep fueling the fire!
    [quoted image]

I was thinking the same...it won't be long till you see MSRP

#960 2 years ago

Pinballstar Email
    [quoted image]

Doesn't LE imply that there's only so many....?

Or is that "only so many....until the next run!!!" ...?

#961 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I thought that was JJPs motto - limited, but this one is a different color so it's a new limited run

#962 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d4269d88f4fafd5426a19aa3e1c087662e290246-1632526100-1800"};
    //]]>

I don’t think they’ve ever made all of the limited editions of any game. They are usually limited to 5k or something crazy like that.

#963 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Yeah. You are right. The end of year is getting close for builds, so would be new pricing.
    I guess if folks make a stand now and say no to any future price increases by not buying it would be hard to buy any game in the future. One can wait to see how the market shakes out with HUO games, or BW’s for thar matter, but chances are those will be higher also. So Higher for new / higher for old games. Enjoying what you have is good, but getting a new game or older/new game is pretty awesome and fun.
    Good luck

That location play is looking amazing right now. Just left Game Terminal here in Nashville. Place is so freaking amazing man. Next time you are down this way yell at me.

#964 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

[quoted image]

10k right now sounds great. At the rate everything is going $15k is going to be average price for a upper tier game.

#965 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:That location play is looking amazing right now. Just left Game Terminal here in Nashville. Place is so freaking amazing man. Next time you are down this way yell at me.

Location play is great. That place looks amazing. If you have a place like that close by why have any at home anyway??

Hope all is well.

#966 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Location play is great. That place looks amazing. If you have a place like that close by why have any at home anyway??
    Hope all is well.

That's the way I'm leaning - sold most of my 44 pin collection and looking forward to supporting local places like the pinball garage

#967 2 years ago

Thats funny, I asked my self the same question. At $11,000 I dont have an answer

8FAD9293-B096-435D-A693-1E60B7B7DEC1 (resized).png8FAD9293-B096-435D-A693-1E60B7B7DEC1 (resized).png

#968 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's a tiny niche hobby with a TON of room for growth, and new people continue to enter it every day.

Yeah definitely has tons of room for growth. I was playing a new videogame the other day and this came up so I took a pic, made me smile as talk of pinball seems to be popping up where you least expect it.

PXL_20210920_055315863 (resized).jpgPXL_20210920_055315863 (resized).jpg
    #969 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think they’ve ever made all of the limited editions of any game. They are usually limited to 5k or something crazy like that.

Lol.

*bunny ears/air quote*

"Limited"

#970 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Lol.
    *bunny ears/air quote*
    "Limited"

Alien just bumped their LV limited from 500 to 1000 to cash in. Everyone aboard the price increase express!

steam-train.gifsteam-train.gif
    #971 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. Take that Stern! We can go even higher! My CE Wonka buy is feeling better each day.

I think you meant Raza

#972 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or the 60s,70s, and 80s games. Tons of good ones.

YEP. We both have collections with games of all eras haha. So many amazing, over-looked games

#973 2 years ago
    Messages Image(4099927298) (resized).pngMessages Image(4099927298) (resized).png
    #974 2 years ago

F you Stern! Anyway my new game should be here before Xmas

#975 2 years ago

Pinballstar Email
    [quoted image]

These things weren't selling at $9500 a year ago. Is the demand really there? Or are they just trying to use parts they have lying around and hope people are used to higher prices?

I was looking to buy a new game but the pricing has gone too far. I need a new hobby.

#976 2 years ago

Unfortunately, this hobby has now attracted the low-life profiteers, who sweep up as many LEs as they can, then sell them to make an easy few thousands bucks.

And the really, really sad thing is....people will gladly pay these inflated prices, so the profiteers are here to stay; until the big pinball crash...which is coming.

I still can't get a PS5 because of these low-life's....but I'm not stupid enough to pay over RRP to get one. I can wait 2 or 3 years no problem.

The only way to eliminate these people from this hobby is to sting them hard...don't buy what they're selling, leave them with expensive stock. They'll soon scutter back to the trash pile where they came.

#977 2 years ago

#978 2 years ago

Paid in full for a Deadpool pro in June of this year.
    Now if I want the game I have to cough up more?
    This is my first and probably my last nib.

#979 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I still can't get a PS5 because of these low-life's....but I'm not stupid enough to pay over RRP to get one. I can wait 2 or 3 years no problem.

I've given up on that. I managed to get TWO Series X's, and even tried to dump the one I didn't need *at cost*, but nobody took me up on it. Think I had even posted it here after everyone local passed. PS5's? Sony has repeatedly showed that if you wait 2 years, there will be a better model available. More storage, smaller size, better cooling. Current rumors seem to be an 8k capable version, but I'm not planning on buying an 8k tv in the next 5 years, so I don't care about that....but there's definitely other benefits to waiting on Playstation refreshes, specifically.

#980 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Unfortunately, this hobby has now attracted the low-life profiteers, who sweep up as many LEs as they can, then sell them to make an easy few thousands bucks.
    And the really, really sad thing is....people will gladly pay these inflated prices, so the profiteers are here to stay; until the big pinball crash...which is coming.
    The only way to eliminate these people from this hobby is to sting them hard...don't buy what they're selling, leave them with expensive stock. They'll soon scutter back to the trash pile where they came.

I’ve seen Stern dealers trying to sell LEs on EBay. One has Mando for $17k.

ebay.com link: itm

#981 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I feel bad now because I bought a ps5 last year and I hardly play it. I didn't realize they are still hard to get.

#982 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

These things weren't selling at $9500 a year ago. Is the demand really there? Or are they just trying to use parts they have lying around and hope people are used to higher prices?
    I was looking to buy a new game but the pricing has gone too far. I need a new hobby.

The “parts lying around” theory is one of my favorite in all of pinball.

These manufacturers just have a pile of “parts lying around” and this affects all of their future marketing and production decisions!

That’s how companies work in 2021! It makes so much sense!

A new LE game with trim in a color they used once before 5 years ago?

Parts lying around!!

Pinball company rerunning a game that isn’t the game everybody here is clamoring for?

Gotta be parts lying around!! They have big meetings every Monday morning where they sift through the big parts pile and try to plan all their decisions for the next 2 years based upon what they find in there.

I’m hoping stern stumbles upon an old drum of troll dolls, forcing them to remake RCT.

#983 2 years ago

Stop buying from scalpers!

Do you have no shame? Is the pinball that serious? Go play on location! Thanks

#984 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It happens. After the new GOT update, they ran another 100 pros with the parts left over. 100% true confirmed with Dwight when I visited.

#985 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These manufacturers just have a pile of “parts lying around” and this affects all of their future marketing and production decisions!
    That’s how companies work in 2021! It makes so much sense!
    A new LE game with trim in a color they used once before 5 years ago?
    Parts lying around!!
    Pinball company rerunning a game that isn’t the game everybody here is clamoring for?
    Gotta be parts lying around!! They have big meetings every Monday morning where they sift through the big parts pile and try to plan all their decisions for the next 2 years based upon what they find in there.
    I’m hoping stern stumbles upon an old drum of troll dolls, forcing them to remake RCT.

I'm sure hot wheels uses the houdini cabinet because it looks so good...

#986 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It happens. After the new GOT update, they ran another 100 pros with the parts left over. 100% true confirmed with Dwight when I visited.

That doesn’t even make any sense.

They had parts lying around to build 100 extra GOTs, but weren’t planning on building them?

Then why have parts lying around for 100 GOTs? It costs money to make those parts. It costs money to store those parts. So why would they exist if not to end up as completed GOT games?

I’m gonna have to corner Dwight on this and obnoxiously berate him till he explains himself! That’s what pinball shows are for I believe.

#987 2 years ago
    Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

I'm sure hot wheels uses the houdini cabinet because it looks so good...

This also makes no sense.

They used the AP cabinet because that’s what AP cabinets look like. I mean if they hated that design (which also makes little sense as the design is about 3 years old; why’d they change their mind?) surely they’d have used all the ones “lying around” for Oktoberfest right?

Look I’m just throwing my cards on the table here;

I doubt the veracity of the “parts lying around” theory, and the provided “examples” have yet to sway my thinking!

#988 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This also makes no sense.
    They used the AP cabinet because that’s what AP cabinets look like. I mean if they hated that design (which also makes little sense as the design is about 3 years old; why’d they change their mind?) surely they’d have used all the ones “lying around” for Oktoberfest right?
    Look I’m just throwing my cards on the table here;
    I doubt the veracity of the “parts lying around” theory, and the provided “examples” have yet to sway my thinking!

Hell I got enough parts laying around to make a machine or two...

#989 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Hell I got enough parts laying around to make a machine or two...

Are the parts laying or lying?

This alone probable deserves its own thread!

#990 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Alien just bumped their LV limited from 500 to 1000 to cash in. Everyone aboard the price increase express![quoted image]

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Eventually this will decrease and folks'll be stuck with pins they can't sell. That alone is worth it. I'd love to see a blow out sale with some idiot stuck with 6 GZLE's. LOL. Harder to sit on than 6 PS5's.

#991 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Eventually this will decrease and folks'll be stuck with pins they can't sell. That alone is worth it. I'd love to see a blow out sale with some idiot stuck with 6 GZLE's. LOL. Harder to sit on than 6 PS5's.

The bubble will burst.

And we are all just sitting around licking our chops waiting for that magic moment!

#992 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They had parts lying around to build 100 extra GOTs, but weren’t planning on building them?

Bingo. The parts weren’t worthless. They need to keep stock on all games. Hell they still had sopranos parts when I needed some like 3 years ago.

#993 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bingo. The parts weren’t worthless. They need to keep stock on all games. Hell they still had sopranos parts when I needed some like 3 years ago.

Hopefully Dwight does a better job of explaining this all to me than you did.

#994 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hopefully Dwight does a better job of explaining this all to me than you did.

English a problem? They have to keep stock of parts for games right? They have all that plus they had parts left over from runs that for cut short due to demand dropping off. Not difficult to understand.

They saw they had about 100 games worth of parts left, called HBO and asked what it would cost to allow stern to make them (license expired). HBO quoted a price, and stern paid.

#995 2 years ago

Why are we arguing about this?

I just want to be friends with Dwight.

#996 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I built this out of leftover bike parts. I’m going to call it the Bike Jogging Edition

C29C7B68-5B04-4F51-8E1A-B14E31D0E25C.gifC29C7B68-5B04-4F51-8E1A-B14E31D0E25C.gif
    #997 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are we arguing about this?
    I just want to be friends with Dwight.

Just trying to explain a situation I had from my first hand experience. No argument to be had. You can be mad at me, but it happened. Haha

Not sure how much experience you have in the manufacturing industry, but it’s common to have too much inventory of a particular item. Could happen for many factors. Most of the time its a cancelled order or overestimated demand.

#998 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just trying to explain a situation I had from my first hand experience. No argument to be had. You can be mad at me, but it happened. Haha

I’ll admit we are kind of talking about different things.

God forbid stern makes a game with gold rails any time over the next 10 years. It’ll be “Beatles parts lying around.”

#999 2 years ago

Have to be some WWE leftover parts...

#1000 2 years ago

1000th FU post! FU Pinside! - list your FUs below!

There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.