Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1025 2 years ago

F you Stern and your darn videos! I just watched the video for the Godzilla Pro (I'm a Pro kind of guy), and I want one. The Pro didn't have all that crap to get in the way. I grew up on Creature Double Feature, and this game is right in my wheel house. Of course I'm sure my knees will buckle once they start talking about taxes and shipping, but I'm looking into getting one anyway.

1 week later
    #1099 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Hit the nail on the head, but as stated try finding a used one is just as bad. I dont want one with 1000+ in mods either - don't get me started on FU pinstadiums on a newer stern.

DP is a problematic game. It’s at that strange point where basically all of the produced copies are in the hands of people that like the game.

I got one by dumb luck from a friend. He offered it, and I figured I couldn’t lose much money, so what the hell. I ended up just falling in love with the game.

Lots of games change hands when they are new, but eventually they find homes where people enjoy playing them. I’d never sell mine at a reasonable price because it’s such a fun game.

The next games that will hit that are JP, Avengers, and Godzilla…. Oh, Keith is the problem now!!!

#1116 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Welp, I did it:
    Paid the extra for a Deadpool pro.
    So, after tax, prep, dealer options and and dock fees.
    A stern pro nib is 7k.
    Yeah, this will be my only nib.
    Unless I hit the lottery.

I’m actually tempted to do it for Godzilla. But the obvious limitations of not having played it yet will prevent me from jumping on it. I really do miss the old days where a game would be released and I could go to an arcade near me, figure out if I liked the game, and order it. A couple weeks later some trucker dropped it at my house. Those were fun times.

Quoted from MasterBlaster:

DP pro is all you’ll ever need, it’s the epitome of fun-in-a-box.

DP Pro is such a fun game. I’m sure it will eventually wear out it’s welcome (like they all do). But right now it’s my favorite game. And that’s rare for me. Usually when I get a game, it’s at the top for about a month. Then it just becomes part of the rotation. But DP has been here for 6 months, and it’s still king of the hill.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=daveh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.