Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 2 years ago

At these price levels I'll wait for a used machine 3 to 6 months from now. I think there'll be plenty on the secondary market. The head scratcher part is the Pro's got a bump in price but they removed all the mechs!? It's akin to MET Pro not having Sparky or the Snake head.

#601 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

You can’t play the BOM. Stern’s pins are just more fun to play IMO. Who gives a shit how the lockbar and head are secured? And I used to think wooden heads were better than metal, but now I don’t care. It sounds like you guys are upset that Stern is better at being profitable than JJP.

Umm, you actually do play the BOM, that’s the point.

#878 2 years ago

The "Don't buy" mentality may have finally hit a tipping point. I don't know but I would love to see the numbers for Stern next quarter, they've broke sales records for the past couple of years but this may be as good as it gets from here on. I fully realize we'll never know the real numbers from Stern but the dealer
    s sales numbers could be a good data point.

#880 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO
    They are going to be making and selling Godzillas FOR YEARS. I'm hearing there's unprecedented pre-orders and demand on this title.

As expected....I mean there is zero chance of you saying or agreeing to anything that may be considered unfavorable to Stern. Also GZ is only one game, price increases are across the board....so let's see the less than stellar titles sales numbers and then you can have your say.

#882 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This has nothing to do with stern, just the usual wishful nonsense that somehow sales are about to collapse because people here don't like the fact that pinball prices are higher than they were.
    What are you basing your fantasy that somehow prices have "reached a tipping point" on?
    Was it the "F U Stern" thread?

Ohhh, I wish I had the time to count the ways.... Pinball is not suddenly something indispensable, there is a tipping point (ceiling) for all consumer discretionary items. We had the $9k Mando hype that fizzled out, we had the Halloween hype that emptied an average of $9k from 1750 members, there is CC and AP with games ready to come out that will further test that same consumer....so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Stern's number will experience a correction.

#885 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is this just going to affect Stern, or do you think we are we looking at a general "bubble bursting" across the entire industry and hobby?
    is it finally happening?!?!?!

That was the whole "Tipping Point" umm..point

#917 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

yeah... they sold out of 1,000 Godzilla LE's before anybody could play it .. what kind of tipping point is that?

Quoted from FalconDriver:

Curious to see all these recent past titles that are built after 1/1/22 with new pricing that will sit unsold.

Quoted from DNO:

If they are sold before they are even made, how are they going to sit?
    Any kind if dip in sales will just allow Stern to get caught up some on the backorders, I think they will still be sold out on everything they make, at least to distros.

Yes, GZ is a hit so it should sell well, the comment was about the overall market saturation, does it feel like it's getting a little crowded? Now throw in higher prices you might have a speedbump. Anyways, someone made a point about used games going up in unison, that's not 100 percent true either, used Pro and premium won't necessarily keep up with price increases...also what are the titles Munsters or Stranger Things? Not the same! Besides used game prices have to be compelling for someone to pull the trigger on it, rather than buy the hot new title. So again not a solid argument.
    Lastly, as someone pointed out sold out....yes, sold to distros, that's not the same as end users in the overall market. The distro may have to slow down buying till inventories clear. But again in the overall scheme of things, GnR, Mando, LZ, Halloween and now GZ....the money for these toys is not unlimited, not to mention the space. We'll see what happens when CC comes out, followed by AP and then supposedly Toy Story. I think pinball peak is finally here.

#957 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Stupid post. Gas is a practical necessity.

Exactly. For me it would either be spending 4 hours or more a day on light rail and buses (or just buses more likely), or working some extra Uber Eats on the side to pay for gas...which even with the extra gas use would actually take far less time out of my life than riding the bus. Hilarious, right?
    Totally the same as a 9000 buck toy.
    This place is becoming more and more like Facebook groups every day. It's embarrassing.

I think that was sarcasm...but you never know.

#959 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

9 Godzilla LEs in the classifieds if anyone is looking - starting at 13K - keep fueling the fire!
    [quoted image]
    at this rate 10K by Christmas sounds great!

I was thinking the same...it won't be long till you see MSRP

#1017 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Based on post numbers there is only 1 turboposter here...

Zing...

#1020 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

So essentially Stern is leaving $2.5 million on the table by selling the LEs at $10,500 as opposed to $13,000 they appear to be being sold at by the flippers.
    How long before Stern says "Hey, let's just increase our price to $13,000 and pocket the $2.5 million". I hate price increases as much as the next person, but they'd be stupid not to keep raising prices.

There is an LE for $12k

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/121627

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kvan99.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=kvan99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.