Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkoss24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 2 years ago

I was upset at first but everyone here has pinball machines .They’re all worth more now .The problem is most of us can’t get over the hump to sell any lmao .They’re like pets ….Family

#81 2 years ago

I’m an average joe that has worked construction jobs since HS .I work extra hrs to pay for the ones I have as i promised my wife it wouldn’t come out of “the fund “.Call it blood money or whatever .I just think when covid hit a lot of people with big bucks laying around discovered this hobby .As everyone here knows if you start down the rabbits hole your basically fucked unless you have big bank laying around .Could you imagine the collection you would have say if you were a professional athlete and got hooked ? I’d I made that kinda $ I’d buy ebery pin announced not blinking an eye .The good thing in this is operators should see a surge .Most of us will have to sell 1 or 2 to get something new and that’s not all that horrible .

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

As long as people keeping buy the price is going to go up and up. And that's that.
    At the end of the day, people are buying.

You ain’t shitting .My above ground pool liner tore and the few that had them wanted 1100 for a previous 250 liner .I patched it with a patch on the patch .Do what you need to do shit is fing weird right now .With pinball the smart thing to do would be sell every pin you have and wait it out but would any of us really do this ?

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

And you can hear the game sounds...

Nothing like playing at home ,but I do enjoy bringing my boys to locations to play a variety of pins .It does suck that it’s so bright and the volume is turned way low .I just can’t get the full effects this way but can get a basic feel for them .My 13 year old wants a Taxi and my 12 year old wants a Avatar .Go figure

#263 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

So much hate for LZ in this thread. I just got my Premium and it kicks ass! Haters are missing out on a great game.

Same here .LZ rocks!

#264 2 years ago

On the operator side of things , for what it’s worth I’m a average Joe and I’ve wondered why it’s only $1 to play a $8k machine for 5-10 minutes .Worse yet $2 for 3 plays .I’d pay double without blinking an eye .

#275 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Would you pay based on a timer?
    What if you walked up to a game, scanned your phone, and just played. When your last game ends and you don't start another it charges your credit card at a rate the operator can setup.
    So maybe it's just $5 for 10 minutes. And there's very little friction in the transaction cause you just swipe a phone and forget about the coins.
    This also might get ops more money since people tend to spend more when they don't realize they are spending more.

A timer would be cool with me .I have pins at home but when I take my kids out $20 (there’s 3 of us) lasts a good 2 hrs .Taking then to a Imax movie tickets alone is like $45 for basically 2 hours .One your sitting in a chair starting at a screen and the other you are in control of your entertainment .Just saying playing these pins is at the very minimum the same fun level as a good movie shouldn’t it cost the same ?

#365 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Years ago it was about25¢ for each 2K worth of game. So $1 is about right in comparison.
    LTG : )

I’d still pay $2 a play buddy and I will get to your place some day

#368 2 years ago

Maybe they’ve been doing all the flipping behind the curtain .

6B882392-1A0F-4057-8ECF-3100CE5618DB (resized).png6B882392-1A0F-4057-8ECF-3100CE5618DB (resized).png
    #520 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

The problem with this is I do not think many LE buyers bought them on credit cards or leveraged at all. That is most pinball owners for that matter and one reason the prices don't and won't come down. People with money to buy games for cash understand they have no pressure to sell, less selling = higher prices

Well put ,and as a fellow construction worker I always have had a emergency savings fund for when things got slow .The difference now is that emergency fund is in the basement and I’m having fun with it just about nightly .To tell you the truth ,I don’t golf or go out to bars anymore so I look at it like I’m paying 1/2 price for these with money saved elsewhere .This hobby rocks !!

#798 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

More than you realize John.
    It’s pinball after all.
    They may not post much but quite a few here are self made and still want value for their dollar.

I beat my body up to buy these things while filling my 2 kids college funds (more important obviously ).I figure when it’s time to hang it up at least my fingers will be working just will need a nice rolling chair

1 week later
    #1028 2 years ago

Time to cash out !!! Run for your lives !!!

F3616058-5F66-431E-8798-A832D5BE4CDD (resized).pngF3616058-5F66-431E-8798-A832D5BE4CDD (resized).png
    1 week later
    #1112 2 years ago

20k by christmas ? Is this where we’re going ?

#1114 2 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

The "sell now and wait it out" strategy was proposed around 2010 or so. That certainly would not have worked out would it?

I’m not sure .The only thing I do know is we can’t take anything with us when the ferryman arrives .Someone once said “you want to die bouncing the check to the undertaker “.I can’t live like that but I wouldn’t condone it

#1117 2 years ago

I’m 18 months into the hobby and have done well with having 4 and 1 on the way but I need to hit the brakes after that .I don’t have the $ or stamina to keep buying these, I put this together with my free time working like a mule .It’s been well worth it but if I may share my experience with others coming here to play here it goes .I’m 52 and we moved from Chicago to Crown Point IN in a new (still building) neighborhood .I’m the grandpa here most the others are mid 30s to low 40s.They welcomed me when we moved here by inviting me in they’re fantasy football pool .I paid that back by having the guys over here and there to play pinball.Every one of the 8 guys that have been here to play wants a machine .When I told them what I purchased my first 3 used machines for they were on board (WOZRR7800 ,Met pro routed 4k ,IMDN prem low plays modded 6600) .Then came covid and inflation .You guys know what those pins go for now .When I told them I paid 9500 for GnR LE they about shit themselves . To me it’s not where the prices are at it’s that someone needs to see the lost income with NIB 6k machines .Just my 2cents Player Edition 6k ,Tourney Edition 7k ,Home Edition 9k , LE 10.5k ,and CE 15k .Give everyone what they want .No not a home pin for 6k but a real pin maybe just basic decals ,no lcd whatever .CE throw the kitchen sink at it they can afford it .Spread it out but give everyone a chance at owning one .

#1118 2 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

You are right Kkoss.....that's exactly why I have a brand new Hellcat Redeye Charger sitting in my garage right now! Many have tried I am sure...but they couldn't take it with them. I'm not spending everything down by a longshot, but we never know what medical issues are going to happen further down the road that can totally kill your bucket list.
    And enjoy yourself now before they actually do find a way to tax you to death.

Yes I agree ! Enjoy yourselves .I’ve known people that lived way below they’re means and the opposite .Life is about balance .I actually got to a point where I was upset if I couldn’t buy the new pin .Then I smacked myself .They’ll always be around .Sometimes you just have to get over the hump and sell one to get one .This hobby is so insane but yet very logical .When you have entertainment at home you save money from going out to get entertained .I’m happy where I’m at and I have a wishlist .I’ll get to that wishlist when I notice a game at home is not being played .Until then I’ll enjoy the shit out of new pin day and steer clear of FOMO !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkoss24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=kkoss24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.