Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Please tell me where your nearest community college is so I can enroll you in an economics class. If you think inflation was solely created in the last 8 months, then I have a bridge to sell you.

Not solely created in last 8 months,
    but as a business owner, we have seen the most dramatic impact in the last 8 months out of our 20 years in business
    - Price increases from just about all vendors - some multiple increases from same vendors
    - difficulty getting product
    - increase in shipping costs and time
    - wage increases ....

#326 2 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Absolutely. I was just challenging the thought that inflation rose as a direct result of a change in leadership. This has been a long time coming, spanning multiple terms. Each one kicking the can down the road. I can't even imagine the challenges of being a business owner... especially in the last 18 months.

Agree, but current leadership has not really done anything to make it better
    The printing of money and paying people to stay home is actually making it worse

#329 2 years ago

At the end of the day - work harder and make more money - or find a better paying job.
    We are in an employee's market - ask your boss for a raise or go out and find a higher paying job.
    You may be surprised at what your boss is willing to pay to keep you or what you are worth to another company.

#458 2 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

We also know that the games aren’t costing them that much more to make than even a few years back.

We do? So you know their labor, parts, and transportation costs?

Love when people just put out unsubstantiated claims as fact

As a business owner, I can tell you that you only have to go back 12 months to see that all 3 are way up

#459 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I agree with most of your comments, but most of the people complaining have $100k + worth of pinball machines in their collections. I do not think it is a "work hard and make more money problem" for most of us. I have had large collections worth $100k and sold them off at a large profit. To me it is a value thing as I could never ever get $10k worth of enjoyment out of ANY pinball machine. I could afford an entire house full of games, but it has just gotten stupid at this point. I bought 2 sea-doos at the beginning of the summer for $11k and we have had more fun with those things than I ever have with a single machine. I really miss the days when $5k could get you a NIB or you could buy a nice B/W for about the same. I have always thought a pinball machine should never be over $5k. That is where i see value/return and we are WAY beyond those days. I am going to sell a few more off and keep a handful of older 90's games and be done.

To me the true cost is not $10k - when you can own them for years and resell them for a good chunk of their original value
    If I buy a machine for $10k - play and enjoy it for 3 years and then sell if for $7k (which is probably a low figure) - Who cares? $1000/year to have a pinball machine in my basement is worth it to me.

I have 5 machines which seems like a good number to me.
    Maybe those with mega collections should consider trimming the herd to the ones they enjoy the most.
    I don't understand a basement with 20 machines, how often can you play each one?

#460 2 years ago

So who's buying a Godzilla?

#514 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Got to love it when people make it about class warfare. Let's be real clear here: a person's bank account is not making the price of pinball go up; it is the mania of collectors that is driving prices. I see so many people bitching about the prices here and how they are not going to buy any more NIB. That rich guys are ruining the market. Then I see how many games they own. 8 machines. 20. More. So what this tells you is that all things being equal, they want the new games, but they don't want or can't afford to buy the new games. So as opposed to enjoying the games they have, buy used, go to league, whatever they crap on people that can afford to buy the games. I have seen on here people talking about raising the prices on LE's to subsidize the lower models. Absolutely ridiculous.
    As I said earlier, PINBALL OWES YOU NOTHING! People get way wrapped into this and feel that they have to have rows of games to participate. People with this thought process are only hurting themselves because they are setting themselves up for failure. "If I can't buy this game, I can't participate at the level I want, so that makes me feel bad. Let me direct this anger to rich people buying games as an outlet for my fury." It is bullshit. Enjoy what you have and how you participate in the hobby. As NPO would categorize and judge me, I can stroke a check. I have one, count them one, machine. A Hook that I bought in '99 for 700 bucks. Dont care where it is on the Pinside list. I love that machine. I play other games on location. I am sure I will buy another machine sometime but I dont put the value on machines that some of you do. Pinball does not define who I am. Sadly, for a lot of you, I get the feeling that pinball is your identity. This is toxic for you and your mental health. Get your priorities straight.
    Stern is raising pin pricing because they are a business. That is how businesses survive. Rich people can assuredly afford things, which factors into their pricing decisions. But the collector mentality (regardless of income) is the driving factor in pricing across the board going up.

There you go again, speaking the truth, making sense, and trying to be logical

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #515 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

I see people build pins from Scratch threads on here all the time..
    If you look at part prices back ten years ago and look and these part prices now ,the Diff in prices is not substantially drastic .
    The Spike system cost cut loads of wires and wire harnesses and boards and labor putting them together / .
    the upgrade from DMD cost to the Little TV Screen probably saved them money due to How u can buy a smart 60" TV LED for under 600 dollars so what does that tiny thing cost . the game is a good 50+ lighter due to how much less stuff is in them /
    easier to assemble/ Workers dont get big raises . who does .
    They add a Tech that no one cares for and increased again after so many

Also been a Business owner /plumbing Contractor and not much has changed in my last 20 years / Service charges are still the same 100-150 for a Service call's first hour / Again i call Bullsheet / go back 12 months/ ughhh

Sorry, you can't equate a homebrew build with a business like Stern who employees 100's of people, needs to buy supplies for 1,000's of builds at a time, has overhead, insurance, .. and other business expenses.
    Glad the plumbing business has not been impacted - every other business owner I speak with has experienced increases in their costs.

#519 2 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Did I pre-order a home before it was built just so some other homeowner couldn't get their hands on it only to sell it back to them at a markup?

If you were smart and had the cash to do - it would be a smart business move in this housing environment

#584 2 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

I'll be honest, I haven't read through this whole thread, just the title and first few posts.
    I guess I don't really understand it though. If you don't like the price of the games, why not just stop buying them and move on with your life? Is it really necessary to say fuck you to them on a public forum? Seems really odd.
    I don't like the price of Ferrari's, but I don't say fuck you to the company in front of thousands of people. I just don't buy them...
    Am I missing something?

Yes, entitlement.
    People feel like they deserve to be able to buy pinball machines at a certain price and get angry when companies raise prices due to increased costs and desire for more profit. I guess they would prefer state run pinball company.

#615 2 years ago
    Quoted from kciaccio:

To be honest you would have to be a stupid business man not to raise prices if your product is constantly sold out and behind on producing them.
    There is a weird business model called supply and demand..I think they teach that in school at some point.

fck... you are talking about those evil profits businesses chase aren't you...
    They should just be providing us product at the lowest possible profit they can to stay in business.
    damm them all

#757 2 years ago
    Quoted from explosiveegg:

I'm more annoyed that the thousands of people who had preorders in are now expecting to pay $500-$1000 more for essentially nothing. I think most companies would respect a preorder price. Especially because a lot of those preorders were supposed to be out by now but keep getting delayed.
    I'm in that camp with an EHOH. They're essentially saying, by the way, we didn't make enough last run to get you your preorder, so it's delayed until 2022, and by the way, since we delayed it to 2022, it's going to cost $500 more dollars. To me, that is a shitty thing to do.
    The price increase is expecting. Everything in the US is up in price. We are all aware that the lumber they need, the labor, and the microchips have all gone up significantly in the last year. And that is the stuff we're aware of because it effects other industries. I would be surprised if the other mechs didn't rise as well.
    Not getting political here, as there is good and bad from the situation, but it's interesting to see what adding 20% to the money pool through these stimulus packages on top of a pandemic which stopped manufacturing for a while will do. I think we're just seeing that start of things going up.

Welcome to 2021, its happening everywhere
    I have had vendors of my business raise prices once they have.already accepted po's

#815 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, this thread is about crybabies with too much money...

I thought the exact opposite, it was those with not enough money

The ones with too much money don't give a shit

This is becoming my favorite thread on pinside. I love posts from people with 20 machines complaining that they can't buy any more - it's great entertainment and a welcome distraction from other crap.

#817 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“I can afford a $5500 pinball machine but I can’t afford a $6500 pinball machine” doesn’t sound like the call of someone with money problems.

Those are people with not enough money - people with too much money just buy what they want regardless of price

#819 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Wrong on both accounts - I started this thread because I had 3 new sterns preordered (pros) - when I found out that it would be $800 increase each - $2400 total I said F-that and cancelled. I did this because I don't think a pro is worth 8K when you play Russian roulette with pf quality, etc. I have the money, but I didn't get this way by saying what the hell its only another 2400...

But if you literally had too much money, you would not of cared
    Maybe you have the right amount of money, hence your concern

#824 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, but why does "F U STERN!" have 17 pages and "Stern's price increases may push me out of the hobby" only have 7, when they are identical, expressing the exact same misplaced privileged rage and hashing out all the exact same points?
    F U sells!

who really F'n cares why?
    Drain it an move on with your life if it bothers you that much

#826 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The most pointless of all posts. Could say that to any of the 500 people in this thread about anything.
    I mean it's silly circular firing squad logic. If my F'n posts bother you so f'n much, who f'n cares? Just ignore my posts and move on with your life if they bother you that much

I enjoy your posts, they don't bother me at all.
    Like I said, I enjoy this entire thread immensely - it's fantastic entertainment - hope we hit 50 pages of pointless posts
    You are the one that seems irritated by it, so I was suggesting you drain it.

#831 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Inflation is so bad I'm already using $20 bills as toilet paper around here.

You don't find they scratchy on your anus?
    I prefer my softer well worn $100's when I can't be bothered to reach for the TP

#875 2 years ago

Even if Stern's costs dropped 10% they would be foolish not to raise prices in this market.
    They can't build the games fast enough to supply the ones they have sold.
    People are high on FOMO and can't seem to buy these games fast enough.
    From their perspective, why not raise prices and see what the market will tolerate.
    As long as they are selling a shit load of machines sight unseen ... they are on the right path for their company

#910 2 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

The "Don't buy" mentality may have finally hit a tipping point. I don't know but I would love to see the numbers for Stern next quarter, they've broke sales records for the past couple of years but this may be as good as it gets from here on. I fully realize we'll never know the real numbers from Stern but the dealer
    s sales numbers could be a good data point.

yeah... they sold out of 1,000 Godzilla LE's before anybody could play it .. what kind of tipping point is that?

#943 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m just pissed off at everybody and everything these days.
    F U World!!!
    U R crushing my dreams daily!!!!!!

Not that far from the truth

#1027 2 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

But no one is buying the flipped ones in the market for 13k. Is that just because they are being flipped? To me 13k is just an insane price to pay, especially when a premium with everything in it is 4k cheaper.

not me, but some people need to feel special

#1043 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP just raised GNR LE prices to $11k! Insane but I'm sure they believe their products are worth more then a Stern LE at $10,500. These recent prices increases are insane but hey if you bought at the lower price points you just made thousands! lol.

Maybe they needed the extra money to fix PF's and support customers with bad ones

#1046 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol yeah. Thankfully pretty much all GNR playfield issues stopped with the late June and going forward builds, something is working. It's still BS that the issue happened in the first place after Wonka and Pirates had the issue. Free playfields should have been sent out to GNR customers with messed up playfields.

I thinks what's working is that they covered up the issues with washers
    time will tell if it spreads past the washers

#1050 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

²

If they are in full washer mode, isn´t it safe to assume the problems are not solved?

Just don't peak under the washers and all will be fine

#1055 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You act as if you are hoping for all JJP owners to have playfield issues, that's sad. We get it, you don't like JJP.

NOPE. I would never wish ill will on anyone

What I am actually really hoping is that:

- JJP owns up to the issue
    - JJP can state they are 90%+ positive it's been fixed going forward
    - JJP shows they accept responsibility for issue and takes care of customers with bad PFs (selling them a new PF is not it)

I want them to do all this so I can regain confidence in the company and buy a future machine from them

#1082 2 years ago

Love that the guy has a suit on in a pinball factory ... how times have changed

#1106 2 years ago

Pinball Prices are Too Damn High

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    2 weeks later
    #1199 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilt101:

We just got an email from a Stern Distributer in Australia today, about the price increases of new Stern Pinball machines.
    I have pre-ordered my first NIB Stern machine a Mando Prem, back in June 2021, but wont arrive until early next year 2022.
    The distributer also mentioned that the price increases also includes back ordered (or pre-ordered) games.
    Is that even fair?
    Can they do that?
    I am interested to know, is this what other Stern Distributers do worldwide? Is this the norm?
    At least JJP honoured the pre-ordered price even after they announced a price increase for their GnR SE/LE.

Yes - they can do that
    You should have the option to cancel your order and receive back 100% of any deposits

2 weeks later
    #1279 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

... gas and oil is constantly manipulated, and it is way beyond what you are blaming it on....

Very true, but a good domestic production capacity can negate foreign manipulation's effect on prices

2 months later
    #1344 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Uhmmm. Still love it. Game only has 3 pooling post of which one is chipping. But on board for a 500 Dollar extra Playfield while i play the dickens out of the CE . Worth every dollar for this tank Machine over a Stern Homepin Spike Toy , No pinmonk Fans for coils . mine are fine no flip drag after hours of multi player play filled with many multiballs . also on first set of servos with no issue > guess lucky me . also If i go to sell with or with out the New PF i won't lose a dollar .. 1 of 500 AMEN is what it is like to say AND mean Limited but yet they do not call it that . happy to be one of 500 owners and feels good that a few of them i know are with the Band members themselves .. And as far as BOM price. Way more on the Cost@dollars to JJP Over Stern / just look under a playfield or in the heads of these games..lol no fkn comparison .

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Mmmmmmk dude. Sounds like a whole lotta justify my purchase right there. Enjoy your game from God!

Always makes me LOL, the extent that people will go to justify their purchase to others (really themselves) on a public forum.
    If you are happy, awesome - go enjoy it. Nobody really cares that much.

#1347 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Justification makes me laugh.. Here is the deal. Buy what you like. Enjoy what you like. Do not like what you do not. easy.
    Gnr Is a masterpiece. For me.
    Be that as it may . The end

Quoted from PinFever:

try Justifying paying any more than 5k for spike games.. ! Do that ..Lol Be it HOMEPIN/ Or LE Same shit..Lomalolaolaollamama

Understood - GNR is awesome, better than stern and homepin, and worth what you paid despite the poor quality PF.
    I got it

#1356 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

i will take my 3 pooling posts on the best Artwork on a Sparkle Playfield over that Guys Godzilla LE with the Vertical Grainy Lines under the clearcoat any day where is Sterns PlayField quality at ? Look . it is a crapshoot with any Manufacturer . None seem to have their shit together so why try and stand in any of their corners .
    Honestly Both need to Be better At Quality Control and you know it.

OK, I will add GNR better than Godzilla

Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Just came by to check if pinfever was still talking to himself- yep.

#1359 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

I did not say anything about Godzilla

Quoted from PinFever:

i will take my 3 pooling posts on the best Artwork on a Sparkle Playfield over that Guys Godzilla LE with the Vertical Grainy Lines under the clearcoat any day where is Sterns PlayField quality at ?

Quoted from PinFever:

But like who cares what i say anyway .

I care

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=bmore-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.