Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,216 posts
  • 280 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by kool1
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif
    10E44B61-1E4C-45E9-BBDA-7564B60A38F4.gif
    F3616058-5F66-431E-8798-A832D5BE4CDD (resized).png
    200.gif
    mcribby2 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 11.17.18 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 11.16.36 AM (resized).png
    C29C7B68-5B04-4F51-8E1A-B14E31D0E25C.gif
    Messages Image(4099927298) (resized).png
    steam-train.gif
    PXL_20210920_055315863 (resized).jpg
    8FAD9293-B096-435D-A693-1E60B7B7DEC1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 42 days ago

Been in this camp since - 2018 when I bought Jessica a GOTPro. The increases just seem driven by something other than market. I get inflation and BOM increases, but damn, that was a pretty significant jump from Mandalorian, and that game was released this year.

Current Premium prices have surpassed LE prices from 2014 and are only about $100 away from Ghostbusters LE, and that was only 5 years ago.

I get capitalism, and I get price increases for economic reasons. This doesn't feel that - I can't imagine the Godzilla rights were THAT much more than Avengers whose owner is Di$ney.

Something really doesn't sit well with this increase. It feels dubiously planned and intentional, like they really wanted to see how far they could push it.

Got to give it to them: they are looking for the ceiling. Wonder what it'll be: $10K Pros? $17K Premiums? $25K LEs? Whatever it is, it'll be kind of fun to watch from the sideline.

#12 42 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

It is that. Got to get while the getting is good. They have way more demand than supply right now. They have to respond with price hikes to take advantage.

We can agree to respectfully disagree on this.

EDIT: Actually I don't fully disagree with you. They're CERTAINLY are taking advantage of their customers.

#20 42 days ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I can't blame Stern when everyone is selling used games (Pros, Premiums, and LEs) for higher than NIB prices. I'm not buying at current NIB prices but there are plenty of collectors that are. Good for Stern and the other companies for capitalizing while the market is hot. It's not always going to be this way so they may as well take advantage while times are good.

Time have been good for YEARS. FFS, they have had ghosting inserts, cabinet decals that didn't stick, cabinets falling apart, node board failures, and the most recent PF-artwork-pooling-and-falling-off, and they STILL are selling with zero issues. If anything, COVID turbo-charged this situation, and members here who double as distributors certainly didn't help.

That being said, the used market will continue to increase its floor. Days of B/W sub-$3K games is pretty much over, and B-titles are venturing into A-title territory.

#21 42 days ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Pinball Brothers just bumped Alien from $7777 to $8595.

Bwhahahahaha. Wow.

#33 42 days ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

I saw the new price points and about $hit my pants! First thought that popped into my head? I can play a ton of location games for that money, at my leisure, and have no maintenance costs nor deal with factory playfield problems.

That is EXACTLY my thought process.

Quoted from EJS:

We probably aren’t facing a curve. The one pictured there actually goes back down.

No. We're not there yet. It's going to take a Pro being the old LE price of $8K or so before some people cool off and realize how fleeced they're being.

Quoted from clearstar:

... time for me to explore some of the 90's pins that linger out there, plenty of gems, and I'm just getting started.

Quoted from medeski7:

We spent between $5K-$6K on our first machine, and that was more than we anticipated spending the first go round (we had no knowledge of the market prices of pins and just assumed they sold for less). Spending $7K on a pro just seems silly.

Twelve years ago, you could have bought 3 or 4 B/W B-titles (DM, JM, Shadow, WH2O) COMBINED for that price.

Welcome to now.

#253 42 days ago

Maybe if big companies paid a livable wage for manufacturing and other jobs there wouldn't BE a labor shortage.

#317 42 days ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Maybe if big companies paid a livable wage for manufacturing and other jobs there wouldn't BE a labor shortage.

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see what happened now. People here inferred "big companies" implied Stern and the downvotes rained in. That's cute.

Quoted from metallik:

So Stern pays the line people good wages and the price of a new game goes up even more to cover it. Are you going to switch back to complaining about prices at that point?
    I don't think Stern is gouging their buyers, now or in the past. They're reacting to economic and market forces that extend far beyond pinball.

If wages went up as much as inflation does and wages kept up with the GDP and we could better keep up with the price increases, there would be far less complaining. I'd pay more if I'm making more.

#444 41 days ago
    Quoted from Mark1971:

I love these forums!!!! everyone is sooo easy to trigger lol

I know right ??? Some people make it SO easy for me to determine who to put on my ignore list (pompous checkwriters)!!!!

#545 40 days ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

I don't like the price of Ferrari's, but I don't say fuck you to the company in front of thousands of people. I just don't buy them...

Most people can't afford a Ferrari to begin with. Hits differently when you "used to be able to".

#546 40 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

As NPO would categorize and judge me, I can stroke a check

PM sent.

#565 40 days ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

So Sterns increase is definitely reflecting on used Stern games . My wanted add was answered with a price for their game . I was gonna take it , then nope , “don’t know what it’s worth with Sterns price increase”

"Capitalism"

#574 40 days ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Go back to your moms basement...

You're kidding, right? Your banality would make me want to throw up on the person next to me (bonus points if you get the reference).

You do realize what I meant by this comment is it is an employee's market right now, right? Some people are realizing they don't have to put up with low wages and have options. Some people are taking the extra money and making advancements in their careers, or going back to school and getting the education and qualifications they need to go farther in life than food services or retail. That's what I am getting at and for big companies to quick taking record profits and give it back to the people that allow such profits to occur - the common worker - not stockholders and "administration".

Did you all REALLY think I was ok with people just sitting home and "staying in their mom's basement" living off the government? As an active duty service member, it sickens me that people cash hand-out checks.

Hope that clears that up. Now if you'll excuse me, my mom just said my Fruity Pebbles are ready and my retro-80s cartoons are about to come on so I can sit in my TMNT tightey-whiteys all day. There's like 25 basement stairs to go up, and I have to hold my stomach out of the way to see my feet so I can properly traverse the stairs. This may take a couple tries so I need to hurry. If I hurry, I get donuts and tatertots for lunch.

#672 40 days ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

It’s not an “employees market”. Stimulus money has caused a lot of the labor issues. How do you expect people to be motivated to go to work when they are making more sitting home in their couch.
    It’s Time for everyone to get back to work.
    Problem is that This inflation isn’t transitory like Powell would want(hope) to believe, the extra stimulus money has caused this inflation and its here to stay.
    Hope you enjoy paying 9k for your Stern Premiums.

Sounds like the system is broken to me.

To me, it is an employee's market for those who are "hunters" and not "hopers" or people to lazy to go to work. For those looking to work and give back, this is a great time to do so. Your focus is on the "lazy and unmotivated". Mine is on the go-getters and those who see opportunity while the uninitiated and unmotivated sit at home.

I am in agreement with you on your points. I genuinely do agree. We see things differently.

As far as a labor shortage, there are some industries that are WELL known for the "hey, you want to quiet, fine, I got a list of 25 people ready to take your job." I remember hearing that and being told that before going active duty, and I resented that crap. That's not how you keep people. You keep people by mentoring, taking care of, and looking after them. Happy people are encouraged, and encouraged people are productive. There are some national employers that definitely don't do that.

I am saying that in some cases, people are fed up being treated lowly to the point of nearly sub-human, and they are realizing that can better themselves and progress in their lifestyles and careers with the extra money.

For those who want to view it as everyone "sitting at home watching TV and playing on their cell phones" - well - that's your right. I'm going to view it in a more positive light.

#676 40 days ago
    Quoted from metallik:

So if you understand this: wages going up, costs going up, why are you always complaining about the resulting price increases?

Soon as my salary goes up roughly 15%, mid-year, due to inflation, I'll be square.

#715 39 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That shit menu is a disgrace
    They've had more than enough time to update it

Whoa, hey, hey. Don't need to give them another reason to jack the price up another $800 or so on all models across the board.

1 week later
    #960 32 days ago
    Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Jjp re-running Wonkas... at 11k
    Pinballstar Email
    [quoted image]

Doesn't LE imply that there's only so many....?

Or is that "only so many....until the next run!!!" ...?

#969 32 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think they’ve ever made all of the limited editions of any game. They are usually limited to 5k or something crazy like that.

Lol.

*bunny ears/air quote*

"Limited"

#1002 32 days ago
    Quoted from spandol:

I feel like this is already happening. Nobody is paying the scalper, even for as hot a game as GZ is. The price is dropping and people are a little ticked at scalpers.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah....

We'll see once the unboxing videos start. Sure FOMO won't creep back in

#1061 27 days ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

These new prices are nuts. I wouldn't want either at the price, both are insane at $10,500 and $11k lol. I feel like I got a deal a couple months back with a NIB July build GNR LE for $9,500 which at the time seemed like an insane amount of money to spend on a pin.

That's what they want. You're falling right into it.

#1062 27 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Working their butts off getting CCR ready. Getting prototypes built, and approved, and any changes made to get approval, and ready for shows. Getting games ready to ship. They've been busy.
    Yes it's taken longer than anyone ever hoped. But it will be worth it.
    LTG : )

Not gonna lie: stopped caring almost 3 years ago now.

Just takes WAY too long, and the price increases in those 3 years.....I highly HIGHLY doubt we'll see CCr at original run of MM/AFM/MB price points.

#1069 27 days ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Lets take a guess at pricing - New Stern 10.5K - New JJP - 11K so my guess is low enough to create a "value" feeling, but high enough to make the most $$
    so... $8999

HOLY COW...WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

I'll order 5 right now!

After all, I could be paying $11K in the future, so $9000 now will give me that "holy moly, was that close, I sure saved alot by overpaying now!!!" feeling

1 week later
    #1128 19 days ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Are you serious that's insane?!?! Christ back in October of 2019 I paid $5600 shipped for my DP pro from Automated

Long as this community keeps forking over, nothing is going to change.

Sad to watch a hobby that 10 years ago you could get a Pro for about $4400 NIB. Now, we have someone willing to admit they paid $7000+ for one. A $2600 increase in 10 years. Nice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside