Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#718 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

You're kidding, right? Your banality would make me want to throw up on the person next to me (bonus points if you get the reference).
    You do realize what I meant by this comment is it is an employee's market right now, right? Some people are realizing they don't have to put up with low wages and have options.

I´m truuly sorry to say this, but since the nineteen seventies most western countries has allowed for monetary means/assets to move freely over borders. The west has also completely forgot to protect from industrial spionage.

This means there will never again be an employees market. Ever......

#723 2 years ago
    Quoted from KingVidiot:

In this thread, people who don’t understand the term “supply and demand”.
    Also in this thread, people who don’t understand the difference between need and luxury.
    It’s pathetic how much adult human energy is wasted on crying about toys.

On the other hand, if this move in the direction of less and less being able to play. To boot it will probably mean gaining new interested coming in to a complete standstill. Why wouldn`t that effect and bother all the people who likes the hobby?

Saying that it´s a luxury any way, is completely idiotic.
    If you reason the same with everything, are you really happy with lifes only meaning is to put food on the table?

#726 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mission65:

In the U.K. the new pro is $9800, and the le $ 16553

Same here in sweden, it`s completely silly.
    Well, better to put hobby on hold, start relocate founds to investing in farmland, gold or whatever, then when the economy goes down you`ll see games available for a fourth of the price, if your interest persist thru.

#729 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

But yall got amazing free healthcare, paid for by taxes you support I would guess. Why are you complaining?

It's not free. Only free for people who cant pay.
    I'm not a supporter of it. I'd like a smaller state, esp as long as they obviously are way worse with money, then me.

I'm complaining, cause silly prices on pinball machine will make the hobby die.

#775 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No it won’t. It could eventually reduce demand, because you know, that’s how economics works. And if that happens, prices will decrease to encourage more demand. Bell curve. Peaks and valleys. That’s how economics and supply and demand work.

I think you are wrong.
    If you loose people now that gets out of the hobby due to costs, you loose the potential of getting new people into the hobby, since atleast here in sweden it´s the hobbyists that make new people get interested.
    Loose the recruitment officers and you´ll have no new recruits, even if the relative prices drops in the future.

You will be stuck with a hundred people collecting faberge eggs. Btw how many companies today makes thoose eggs?

#778 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sorry. I’ll stick with supply and demand and basic economics.

Yea ok.
    Lets hope homepin and ap makes a couple of success-games, so that competition hardens.

1 week later
    #1049 2 years ago

²

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I thinks what's working is that they covered up the issues with washers
    time will tell if it spreads past the washers

If they are in full washer mode, isn´t it safe to assume the problems are not solved?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.