Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif
    There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 28.
    #1201 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I've still been trying to find any games on my list in stock (before the price increase) with no luck, so looks like no new games for me.

Look at the bright side...the time to buy Stern games before the NEXT price increase is right now.

Buy them before the F U 2 thread!

#1202 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look at the bright side...the time to buy Stern games before the NEXT price increase is right now.
    Buy them before the F U 2 thread!

Exactly

#1203 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

If the game goes out of the factory Jan 1st or later price increase applies no matter when ordered per Stern. But back orders can be cancelled by your dealer if the price increase is unacceptable to you.

Have a pre order since Feb think about cancelling. Seems like it setting up to receive after Jan.

#1204 2 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Have a pre order since Feb think about cancelling. Seems like it setting up to receive after Jan.

what title?

#1205 2 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

RAZA

#1206 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilt101:

We just got an email from a Stern Distributer in Australia today, about the price increases of new Stern Pinball machines.
    I have pre-ordered my first NIB Stern machine a Mando Prem, back in June 2021, but wont arrive until early next year 2022.
    The distributer also mentioned that the price increases also includes back ordered (or pre-ordered) games.
    Is that even fair?
    Can they do that?
    I am interested to know, is this what other Stern Distributers do worldwide? Is this the norm?
    At least JJP honoured the pre-ordered price even after they announced a price increase for their GnR SE/LE.

Australia?
    You may have consumer laws that may force them to sell it to you at the old price.

#1207 2 years ago

Anyone know of a distributor that has a Munsters premium in stock, or a good distributor to try? I was told the next run to fill back orders won't be until next year after the price increase, and I'll be out if that happens.

#1208 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

Anyone know of a distributor that has a Munsters premium in stock, or a good distributor to try? I was told the next run to fill back orders won't be until next year after the price increase, and I'll be out if that happens.

tough to find anything in stock I've been burning up google trying to find a few games, so far I've found zep pro/prem, stranger things pro, Jurassic park pro, black knight pro, maiden pro, guardians pro - maybe a few others I've forgot. Most prices aren't friendly either but still below the new msrp.

#1209 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

tough to find anything in stock I've been burning up google trying to find a few games, so far I've found zep pro/prem, stranger things pro, Jurassic park pro, black knight pro, maiden pro, guardians pro - maybe a few others I've forgot. Most prices aren't friendly either but still below the new msrp.

I've been having the same problem, most places are out of everything, I found one place with AIQ in stock, but that's it.

#1210 2 years ago

How is charging for a monthly subscription going to work in a couple years? By then JJ and AP will have it too, so are we going to pay all these subscriptions for different games? If someone is smart start a server company that combines all these game platforms as a single source. You'll be the amazon of pinball and rich!

#1211 2 years ago
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #1212 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I've been having the same problem, most places are out of everything, I found one place with AIQ in stock, but that's it.

People complain about prices of new and used pinball machines but at the end of the day - supply is limited and demand remains strong. I'm sure Stern could sell many more machines if they had capacity and component supply.

Inventory is very thin and even 1-3 year used Sterns are going for almost new prices.

#1213 2 years ago

I like pinball so I am glad Stern is staying in business ... and there even seems to be room for boutique manufacturers to survive. Compared to when I started the hobby, when Stern was all that was left and they were barely hanging on, things are amazing.

It's also just kind of sad that prices have gone up so much that lots of people are priced out of the hobby entirely. It was fun chasing deals in the old days. It was cool when NIB games felt attainable, even though my income was half as much.

But, I feel like pinball might be here to stay, which was not the case 20 years ago. If the price of that is I'm priced out of the newer stuff, so be it.

#1214 2 years ago
    Quoted from horseflesh:

I like pinball so I am glad Stern is staying in business ... and there even seems to be room for boutique manufacturers to survive. Compared to when I started the hobby, when Stern was all that was left and they were barely hanging on, things are amazing.
    It's also just kind of sad that prices have gone up so much that lots of people are priced out of the hobby entirely. It was fun chasing deals in the old days. It was cool when NIB games felt attainable, even though my income was half as much.
    But, I feel like pinball might be here to stay, which was not the case 20 years ago. If the price of that is I'm priced out of the newer stuff, so be it.

Well said.

I’ve got three Stern on order Godzilla LE and DP premium and BM66 premium, might cancel DP. Wish I had got them 1-2 years ago but we were moving and had to downsize for a minute.

I hate paying extra but they make some great pins and other pins Fathom 2,0 or JJP are also as expensive. Also I tend to keep my pins so over years of ownership an extra $600 is negligible.

#1215 2 years ago

This is great, watch how inflation has stayed gradual since 1971 compared to Walt Disney admission price!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/q9iml0/oc_walt_disney_world_ticket_price_increase_vs/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

#1216 2 years ago
    Quoted from horseflesh:

A fairly prosperous and sustainable market is certainly preferable to what was. I actually thought pinball manufacturing was going to die. I wish I had kept my machines in 2005.

New Stern pin is a stretch for me also but I may pull the trigger next year on one.

#1217 2 years ago

Well, I canceled my Deadpool order.
    With stern making a new edition Elvira game while still not delivering on the games people already paid for.
    Well, I’m out and refuse to give stern any of my hard earned coin.
    Maybe I will be able to pick up a used one down the road.

#1218 2 years ago

HEE HEEE

#1219 2 years ago
    Quoted from horseflesh:

It is a bummer, especially the $500 increase in prices coming January 1, 2022. I have a game to be delivered in December, and they said if it comes in January I have to pay the additional $500.

#1220 2 years ago

Nervous about not getting one prior to 1/1, I cancelled out of my Mando premium order I placed back in May. I found a Mando pro NIB which I'm very happy with but extremely disappointed I didn't get what I've been waiting over 5 months for. How Stern expects the community to pony up and extra $1K+ for something that was ordered prior is crazy to me. Unfortunately it's the distributors that will end up getting stuck with older titles with a newer price tag.

Godzilla premium appears to be worth the newer price tag, I'm in.

#1221 2 years ago

F U Elvira 40th anniversary money grab.

Actually I kind of like it, if I had fat stacks I’d buy one.
    ——

Side note:
    There’s been only 5-7% increase per year for most Stern pins over the past 10 years. I know it’s more than inflation, but when people are spending $1K+ on a stupid SW or BM topper what do you expect them to do????

I’ve bought one topper ever IM reactor topper at $300 that’s it.

468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png

#1222 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look at the bright side . . . the time to buy Stern games before the NEXT price increase is right now.

Let's see . . . Elvira's House of Horrors SE was $15K then and Elvira's House of Horrors LE40 is $25K to $28K now.
    Looks like the next Stern across-the-board price increase is going to be a doozy!

#1223 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Unfortunately it's the distributors that will end up getting stuck with older titles with a newer price tag.
    Godzilla premium appears to be worth the newer price tag, I'm in

Distributors are stuck with little inventory for the holidays and beyond.
    Demand appears fierce and not fatiguing yet.
    Several mention buyers with deposits are not bailing as secondary market is still worse in many cases.
    Vicious cycle.

#1224 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Distributors are not stuck at all.
    Demand appears to be fierce not fatigued.
    Few buyers with deposits are bailing as secondary market is worse in many cases.

Market is fierce right now, many of us are trying to purchase a machine prior to year end. I feel this will taper down after the price increase. LOL, is anyone buying a LZ, TMNT, Mando or Avengers for an additional 1,500? I find that difficult to believe.......JP and DP may be the only exceptions

#1225 2 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Market is fierce right now, many of us are trying to purchase a machine prior to year end. I feel this will taper down after the price increase. LOL, is anyone buying a LZ, TMNT, Mando or Avengers for an additional 1,500? I find that difficult to believe.......JP and DP may be the only exceptions

Hope you are correct.
    I didn’t believe Valhalla could sell out at $8400 in a weekend either but here we are.

#1226 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Hope you are correct.
    I didn’t believe Valhalla could sell out at $8400 in a weekend either but here we are.

it looks pretty good

#1227 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Lets take a guess at pricing - New Stern 10.5K - New JJP - 11K so my guess is low enough to create a "value" feeling, but high enough to make the most $$
    so... $8999

Chicago Gaming's

CACTUS CANYON REMAKE

SPECIAL EDITION $ 8,000
    $ 500 Deposit

REVEALED AND AVAILABLE TO ORDER NOW !!!
    Cactus Canyon Special Edition
    $ 8,000

#1228 2 years ago

Went to go buy a TMNT Pro as I know Mike at Automated (pinballs.com) has a bunch overstock as most do, but the price is the new price (in 2021??????) despite the game being released a year prior. I was barely a taker at the regular price and not super feeling the game, so especially not buying now.

(Not a big fan of the game but finally warmed up to the idea that the theme would probably absolutely kill on location like my Turtles arcade game does, and is the most polished of the turds Stern is releasing lately)

If anybody finds a distributor still at the real price let me know please

What a crock of s*** that Stern is retroactively applying the price increase under the guise of their s***ty connect system, even to games that were lukewarm at the normal price ala LZ, Beatles, TMNT, Stranger Things, and more.

It must suck for the distributors having to increase the price on a stack of games collecting dust from already not being able to sell at the lower price

#1229 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Went to go buy a TMNT Pro as I know Mike at Automated (pinballs.com) has a bunch overstock as most do, but the price is the new price (in 2021??????) despite the game being released a year prior. I was barely a taker at the regular price and not super feeling the game, so especially not buying now.
    (Not a big fan of the game but finally warmed up to the idea that the theme would probably absolutely kill on location like my Turtles arcade game does, and is the most polished of the turds Stern is releasing lately)
    If anybody finds a distributor still at the real price let me know please
    What a crock of s*** that Stern is retroactively applying the price increase under the guise of their s***ty connect system, even to games that were lukewarm at the normal price ala LZ, Beatles, TMNT, Stranger Things, and more.
    It must suck for the distributors having to increase the price on a stack of games collecting dust from already not being able to sell

I didn’t think stern was retroactively applying price increases on titles already out prior to GZ, particularly since those games don’t have the connect system installed. Sounds like it’s a distro taking advantage. Have you tried Cointaker?

#1230 2 years ago

No retroactive price increase. If they have stock of games built before GZ, old price.

#1231 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I didn’t think stern was retroactively applying price increases on titles already out prior to GZ, particularly since those games don’t have the connect system installed. Sounds like it’s a distro taking advantage. Have you tried Cointaker?

Same thing. I could've sworn they had stock but I guess not? (EDIT: They are in stock)

Cointaker is doing TMNT pro pre-orders at the $6600 price point

#1232 2 years ago

Time to find a new distributor

#1233 2 years ago

10/30/2021

Last time I checked it was the $5,999 price

All other distributors I found have increased as well. Blaaaaaaaaah

Guess this is the ripple effect from the price increase & matching competition

Well that really sucks

Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#1234 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Same thing. I could've sworn they had stock but I guess not? (EDIT: They are in stock)
    Cointaker is doing TMNT pro pre-orders at the $6600 price point

Yeah, preorders won't be filled until 2022 so that is at the new price.

#1235 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, preorders won't be filled until 2022 so that is at the new price.

Yeah that makes sense but even the places with them in stock (2021 and prior stock) have increased. Sad but that is business I suppose

#1236 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Yeah that makes sense but even the places with them in stock (2021 and prior stock) have increased. Sad but that is business I suppose

Yeah. At the end of the day, distros can charge whatever they want over MAP. Surprised people have stock though.

#1237 2 years ago

Stern Business Practices suuuuuuuck since 2015

#1238 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

10/30/2021
    Last time I checked it was the $5,999 price
    All other distributors I found have increased as well. Blaaaaaaaaah
    Guess this is the ripple effect from the price increase & matching competition
    Well that really sucks
    [quoted image]

Why does it suck, are you in the market for one?

#1239 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Why does it suck, are you in the market for one?

Your random uncalled for off-topic insults for some 5+ year old grudge are lame as is but they are even worse when you have so little material that a kindergartener could do better

Get a life you are boring me Imagine following somebody around on Pinside to downvotes posts and post stupid replies lmao

#1240 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

i am on a 36 month waiting list for a new rolex and i was told i would be bumped to at least 48 months. you guys think you have problems in the stern club, heck, you, should see the rolex club. try competing with billionaires

I discocered this YouTube channel today and he does a good job of explaining crazy second market prices on luxury goods.

#1241 2 years ago

We made this market. Stern watches this forum like a hawk does a mouse. They see people overpaying, people flipping NIBs and getting buyers, and they are taking FULL advantage of it. Especially when people put in their ads "Will pay over MSRP....will overpay to get one..."etc good gosh all mighty - reaks of desperation which is an immediate flag for Stern to just keep raising prices, then JJP follows, then Stern does it again, then JJP, sea-saw, sea-saw, sea-saw. And now CGC is starting at $8K - kiss that "classic edition" goodbye. Why waste money selling "penny stock" equivalents when we can sell Tesla/Amazon equivalent stocks and this community can't stop itself.

Welcome to the new market. And the used market will follow - $4000 JMs, $6000 Shadows, Monopoly going for $5000, DEJPs for $4000+, TFTC approaching $5K, Dracula breaking $4K consistently now, even LW3s breaking $3K; remakes costing more, originals going up more - but hey, it's somehow good for pinball!!!! I know it's good for my wallet as I sell a couple games - might as well ride this wave. Don't know when it'll crest, but I'm making sure I ride this sucker out like a cryptocurrency!

#1242 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I know it's good for my wallet as I sell a couple games - might as well ride this wave.

So you are happy now?!

#1243 2 years ago

Same goes for your [Removed] buddy @electrocute. Y'all got me laughing.
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#1244 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

We made this market. Stern watches this forum like a hawk does a mouse. They see people overpaying, people flipping NIBs and getting buyers, and they are taking FULL advantage of it. Especially when people put in their ads "Will pay over MSRP....will overpay to get one..."etc good gosh all mighty - reaks of desperation which is an immediate flag for Stern to just keep raising prices, then JJP follows, then Stern does it again, then JJP, sea-saw, sea-saw, sea-saw. And now CGC is starting at $8K - kiss that "classic edition" goodbye. Why waste money selling "penny stock" equivalents when we can sell Tesla/Amazon equivalent stocks and this community can't stop itself.
    Welcome to the new market. And the used market will follow - $4000 JMs, $6000 Shadows, Monopoly going for $5000, DEJPs for $4000+, TFTC approaching $5K, Dracula breaking $4K consistently now, even LW3s breaking $3K; remakes costing more, originals going up more - but hey, it's somehow good for pinball!!!! I know it's good for my wallet as I sell a couple games - might as well ride this wave. Don't know when it'll crest, but I'm making sure I ride this sucker out like a cryptocurrency!

It'll be so exciting when it crashes because of how much more appreciation the games get now. Here's hoping one day one can get a TAF for $2500 while remembering the times they were $10000, with the appreciation of them being that same $10000

#1245 2 years ago

Downvote Karens ..lol They are Greeaaat!!

They suck . Stern Is Screwing you nib buyers hard .
    If i wanted to make Money on pinball flipping i would have not just Asked Pinball Refinery Steve to refund my Kind 10500 LE 300 shipped monies back to me so he can re sell it would I ?
    NIB lottery is not for me on an Overpriced / price gouged Homepin with a coin door and upgraded Playfield and Monitor screen .

Enjoy the Game and get your monies worth and make a buck even.

#1246 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No retroactive price increase. If they have stock of games built before GZ, old price.

This requires some clarification - IF it is in stock now, it should be the lower price -
    ANY title built after the new year new price.

#1247 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

This requires some clarification - IF it is in stock now, it should be the lower price -
    ANY title built after the new year new price.

There's no maximum SRP so naturally any of the distributors with stock left have upped the price already it seems as of this week, as you would pay $600 less and get it instantly if they hadn't, instead of $600 more for a game at a competitor and have to wait 6 months. It would be a great sales tatic to use that to fuel sales as you are the cheaper option but I guess they don't have much stock left and would rather take all they can get (that's business I suppose)

#1248 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Well, I canceled my Deadpool order.
    With stern making a new edition Elvira game while still not delivering on the games people already paid for.
    Well, I’m out and refuse to give stern any of my hard earned coin.
    Maybe I will be able to pick up a used one down the road.

they don't care, this company has turned into trash!

#1249 2 years ago

Anywhere I'm seeing with older Stern stock has already upped the price (even without insider connect kits)

I don't think this was a Stern directive, just the ability to price gouge now that this is the direction things are going

#1250 2 years ago

One thing to keep in mind is boomers can't bring their collections to the nursing homes or be buried with them. This is a cyclical thing. I can count the guys I know under 60 (other than ops) buying new games on one hand. This board may be an exception, but most people don't think buying $10k toys is much of a status symbol to be proud of. And when you keel over, your family is gonna want the cash from an auction if your buddies don't step in to rip them off. Sorry, boomers.. I know the truth hurts, but don't forget my name.

There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.