Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from GrandFireball1:

What was the new DP price?

Same as everything else starting 1/1/2022.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I get capitalism, and I get price increases for economic reasons. This doesn't feel that

It is that. Got to get while the getting is good. They have way more demand than supply right now. They have to respond with price hikes to take advantage.

#18 2 years ago

Yep. Price hikes blow, but it’s supply and demand, nothing more. They are testing the market just like any other business would that has way more demand than supply. And it’s trickling down to the distributors too. Just have to save up more to buy one. Or buy something else until prices get back to where they are worth it for you. And hope you aren’t just now getting into buying NIB. Haha

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Where on the price curve are we?
    [quoted image]

Hopefully right at the tippy top! Haha

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from clearstar:

That's OK, time for me to explore some of the 90's pins that linger out there, plenty of gems, and I'm just getting started.

Or the 60s,70s, and 80s games. Tons of good ones.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from Glarrownage:

Is that true? I can't seem to get straight answers from distros. Would you mind sharing which distro is providing that info? I would love to order from them.

Build dates of 1/1/2022 and on have the new price.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Can you clarify - is Stern tacking on $200 for NIB games made before 1/1 for QR code and then an additional hike after new year?

Assume QR increase for everything built before year end, then all games being the same price as Zilla after year end.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

And you can hear the game sounds...

Should come down to comics to games. Never crowded and always hear the games. Great spot.

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Everyone is pulling this shit, but it certainly is hard to stomach such a jump on all models. 9k for a Stern premium is just offensive in my opinion, fortunately tons of used games around me to trade in and out, but I dont see NIB in my future anytime soon.
    Were all being punished for the supply chain/labor shortage, and I only wish it were limited to pinball. Ive also noticed significantly worse customer service in the past 6 months or so from banks, parts suppliers, logistics companies, etc. So in addition to inflated prices, were getting less for our money in terms of service in all industries.

True. Hell we had our garbage people forget to pick up half our street for like 3 weeks in a row. Haha. I guess it was new workers not knowing what they were doing or not enough workers. Not sure. But never seen that before.

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It is sad really.

If you think this is sad, count your blessings. You’re a very lucky person.

#202 2 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Just out of curiousity as I have not purchased a NIB in a year and a half, what are the current prices for:
    In stock pro and premiums?
    This year build games?
    Next year I have figured are $7,000 for pros.

Current in stock titles could be anything. Depends on the distro.

Next year all pros newly produced will be 7k

All premiums 9k

All LEs 10.5k

#312 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

That's what I'm worried about -does look cool, but it also says it is 1500 lbs - ouch

Get big buck Hunter. Very addictive and competitive.

#314 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

does that mean you pay for code updates?

No. Think topper modes.

#315 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Had one - very challenging game. - or are you talking about the arcade?

The arcade.

#321 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

So nothing gameplay related?

The topper modes are gameplay related and you have to pay for the topper to unlock them.

#331 2 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Keywords here are “take advantage “. Sad, I can’t justify nib anymore, especially on a stern.

Please. This is the most dramatic thing ever. These are toys. No one is taking advantage of anyone. They are offering a product for a price. They are doing nothing wrong. Buy or don’t buy.

#351 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

You started this thread by saying "F you stern and your price increase"?

People change Jason!

#404 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

All these inflated prices have me thinking about building a Stern Cheetah or Star Gazer to flip. Already done it with a Bally Viking for someone else....

Should talk to Jerry at Pincinnati. He’s been doing this for like 2 years.

#407 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

my point which is it’s not a sure thing to sell it for what you paid for it which is what you alluded to. I didn’t sell it. I traded it.

Right so how is your transaction relevant to the point you’re trying to make? Maybe cite the last time you sold a game?

#412 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I think it’s very relevant. It’s a current example of how it’s not so easy to just “sell the pin for what you paid for it”.

But you can trade a game really easily!

#524 2 years ago
    Quoted from RVApinballer:

So Stern takes away Stern rewards from its customers without any warning then hikes the MSRP of its games. Just doesn’t sit right. They’re literally still selling these games, but they’re no longer available to those they were supposed to be available to for the better price.
    [quoted image]

Bummer. Where did they say these were going away?

#528 2 years ago
    Quoted from RVApinballer:

They didn’t say they were going away for good, they just randomly were all unavailable with no real estimate as to when they might be again. I realize this isn’t their main distribution line, but I was counting on making a purchase through this so it’s a real letdown to see this go away and then have distributor prices rise so much at the same time.

Okay. So nothing is cancelled. Just way behind. Thanks.

#537 2 years ago
    Quoted from NightTrain:

I'll be honest, I haven't read through this whole thread, just the title and first few posts.
    I guess I don't really understand it though. If you don't like the price of the games, why not just stop buying them and move on with your life? Is it really necessary to say fuck you to them on a public forum? Seems really odd.
    I don't like the price of Ferrari's, but I don't say fuck you to the company in front of thousands of people. I just don't buy them...
    Am I missing something?

Nope. Just your standard forum bitching. People love it.

#600 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

I'm also glad JJP pushed Stern to do LCDs.

No they didn’t. Next you’ll say that P3 pushed them to online play.

#732 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I`m complaining, cause silly prices on pinball machine will make the hobby die.

No it won’t. It could eventually reduce demand, because you know, that’s how economics works. And if that happens, prices will decrease to encourage more demand. Bell curve. Peaks and valleys. That’s how economics and supply and demand work.

#776 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think you are wrong.
    If you loose people now that gets out of the hobby due to costs, you loose the potential of getting new people into the hobby, since atleast here in sweden it´s the hobbyists that make new people get interested.
    Loose the recruitment officers and you´ll have no new recruits, even if the relative prices drops in the future.
    You will be stuck with a hundred people collecting faberge eggs. Btw how many companies today makes thoose eggs?

Sorry. I’ll stick with supply and demand and basic economics.

#930 2 years ago

where is the announcement? I have not seen it.
    Please post it

It was communicated in the stern army and distributor webinars. You’re not allowed to take pictures or save the slides.

#933 2 years ago

ah gotcha, I thought it was something that had been shared and I had missed.
    Well it is misleading then that they have only partially updated their pricing online. Literally, ALL games except Godzilla, have the old pricing still.

No need to change it until it’s guaranteed all games will not ship until after 1/1/2022. And distributors should be the ones you go to pricing anyway since most charge different.

#938 2 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Ugh. Our car wash went up 20% this month. Old options were $5-10, now they are $6-12. I always got the premium for $8, but scaled back to the quick wash for $6 when I saw the increase. I'm not paying $10 for a car wash when there is rain in the forecast 2 days later.

Please tell me this is a joke.

#962 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Doesn't LE imply that there's only so many....?
    Or is that "only so many....until the next run!!!" ...?

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d4269d88f4fafd5426a19aa3e1c087662e290246-1632526100-1800"};
    //]]>

I don’t think they’ve ever made all of the limited editions of any game. They are usually limited to 5k or something crazy like that.

#984 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The “parts lying around” theory is one of my favorite in all of pinball.

It happens. After the new GOT update, they ran another 100 pros with the parts left over. 100% true confirmed with Dwight when I visited.

#992 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They had parts lying around to build 100 extra GOTs, but weren’t planning on building them?

Bingo. The parts weren’t worthless. They need to keep stock on all games. Hell they still had sopranos parts when I needed some like 3 years ago.

#994 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hopefully Dwight does a better job of explaining this all to me than you did.

English a problem? They have to keep stock of parts for games right? They have all that plus they had parts left over from runs that for cut short due to demand dropping off. Not difficult to understand.

They saw they had about 100 games worth of parts left, called HBO and asked what it would cost to allow stern to make them (license expired). HBO quoted a price, and stern paid.

#997 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are we arguing about this?
    I just want to be friends with Dwight.

Just trying to explain a situation I had from my first hand experience. No argument to be had. You can be mad at me, but it happened. Haha

Not sure how much experience you have in the manufacturing industry, but it’s common to have too much inventory of a particular item. Could happen for many factors. Most of the time its a cancelled order or overestimated demand.

#1035 2 years ago

I think mushrooms are gross. I own Big Game.

Sorry. I tried.

#1064 2 years ago

I say 9999 for a CCr LE.

1 week later
    #1161 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

How about paying 300 to 500 to put a nuclear reactor (pin stadiums) in a brand new game - I have to wear sunglasses to play even without them. I don't get it.

I don’t have them in all games, but when I do use them they provide much needed relief form the major contrast issues in some games. Especially ones that use all the lights at once to go on and off. It’s impossible for me to track the balls. Additional lighting that is always on, helps me be able to track the balls during those crazy light shows.

I understand this is not how 99.99% of Pinstadium fans use the product. Haha

#1170 2 years ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

It's looking like my orders are being delayed long enough for the price increase. Bad optics stern. Bad.

Or it’s just taking that long to make them. Either way. Your call.

#1178 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Shouldn't be an issue... any orders under current pricing should be honored.

Unfortunately it does. If your game is built and shipped before 1/1/2022, you get just the $300 bump in price. If built and shipped after that, you get the new pricing. Doesn’t matter when you’re paid.

#1186 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and what does local laws have to say about that?
    In some cases they may be forced to sell it at the lower price.

What’s the contract say?

2 weeks later
    #1230 2 years ago

No retroactive price increase. If they have stock of games built before GZ, old price.

#1236 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

Yeah that makes sense but even the places with them in stock (2021 and prior stock) have increased. Sad but that is business I suppose

Yeah. At the end of the day, distros can charge whatever they want over MAP. Surprised people have stock though.

#1265 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

This requires some clarification - IF it is in stock now, it should be the lower price -
    ANY title built after the new year new price.

That’s what it is. But you also have to remember that distros are only held to MAP. They can charge 100k per game if they want. Trent’s prices always go up when he knows he can’t get more of a certain game.

#1282 2 years ago

How dare you sell at current market value. Spending all those earnings at Pincinnati I hope?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.