Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,382 posts
  • 298 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Spiderpin
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

111giphy.gif
    2244DAC6-65A3-4A3F-89AF-536F3DB8DD85 (resized).jpeg
    C7946D6D-4975-4F5F-B293-2F28A22E9E68 (resized).jpeg
    50AE510F-1999-433B-9532-941F09A8AD3B (resized).jpeg
    chloe (resized).png
    5968D338-B470-4DBE-877D-A3942AC2CB43 (resized).jpeg
    Market (resized).JPG
    smokey-bear-forest-fires-gettyimages-50599917 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-151742_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-124538_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    468F3A57-E675-4E1D-83C4-0C4807807D98 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211021-103506_Facebook (resized).jpg
    7E06776A-409F-49F3-A3CB-29E629D7FDC5 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rent-is-too-damn-high-jimmy-mcmillan (resized).jpg
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif
    There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.
    #1051 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Working their butts off getting CCR ready. Getting prototypes built, and approved, and any changes made to get approval, and ready for shows. Getting games ready to ship. They've been busy.
    Yes it's taken longer than anyone ever hoped. But it will be worth it.
    LTG : )

They can't walk and chew gum at the same time?

I see zero reason that they can't have MMr or AFMr on the line while they do the above.

#1052 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I thinks what's working is that they covered up the issues with washers
    time will tell if it spreads past the washers

You act as if you are hoping for all JJP owners to have playfield issues, that's sad. We get it, you don't like JJP.

#1053 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You act as if you are hoping for all JJP owners to have playfield issues, that's sad. We get it, you don't like JJP.

He is a realist.

#1054 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wouldn’t take this personally. He’s just pointing out that saying the issues are magically over doesn’t actually make it so.

#1055 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

NOPE. I would never wish ill will on anyone

What I am actually really hoping is that:

- JJP owns up to the issue
    - JJP can state they are 90%+ positive it's been fixed going forward
    - JJP shows they accept responsibility for issue and takes care of customers with bad PFs (selling them a new PF is not it)

I want them to do all this so I can regain confidence in the company and buy a future machine from them

#1056 2 years ago

- JJP shows they accept responsibility for issue and takes care of customers with bad PFs (selling them a new PF is not it)
    I want them to do all this so I can regain confidence in the company and buy a future machine from them

Barry stepped up and took care of me first class.

You are not acting first class.

JJP+1

#1057 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

JJP+1

Agreed

#1058 2 years ago

We’ll both JJP Wonka & GNR LE are $11k now. So Stern hikes looking better in comparison (still not ideal at least until Stern leapfrogs and raises them again)

#1059 2 years ago

I hope both companies fix the issues they have and take care of the people who are really having issues. I've been lucky with my new sterns. never had pooling, chipping or ghosting on any of my releases. No cabinet curl either. Might be the region i'm in too. We don't have extreme dry or humid constantly environments.

#1060 2 years ago

Buy Wonka. 11k. That is all. Nothing to see here…

And if you inbox it, anything wrong is your fault. Enjoy!

#1061 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

These new prices are nuts. I wouldn't want either at the price, both are insane at $10,500 and $11k lol. I feel like I got a deal a couple months back with a NIB July build GNR LE for $9,500 which at the time seemed like an insane amount of money to spend on a pin.

That's what they want. You're falling right into it.

#1062 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Working their butts off getting CCR ready. Getting prototypes built, and approved, and any changes made to get approval, and ready for shows. Getting games ready to ship. They've been busy.
    Yes it's taken longer than anyone ever hoped. But it will be worth it.
    LTG : )

Not gonna lie: stopped caring almost 3 years ago now.

Just takes WAY too long, and the price increases in those 3 years.....I highly HIGHLY doubt we'll see CCr at original run of MM/AFM/MB price points.

#1063 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Not gonna lie: stopped caring almost 3 years ago now.
    Just takes WAY too long, and the price increases in those 3 years.....I highly HIGHLY doubt we'll see CCr at original run of MM/AFM/MB price points.

Lets take a guess at pricing - New Stern 10.5K - New JJP - 11K so my guess is low enough to create a "value" feeling, but high enough to make the most $$
    so... $8999

#1064 2 years ago

I say 9999 for a CCr LE.

#1065 2 years ago

We’re all about to take it up the ass by inflation. Going to get ugly

#1066 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

JJP+1

They why are there so many people still bitching? Why didnt they take care of my buddy, who has bought multiple JJP.

NOT FIRST CLASS.

#1067 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I say 9999 for a CCr LE.

With the remakes, at least there's a point of comparison....original CC's have been going for over 10k for years. So, it's not THAT bonkers that they'd price an improved version at 10k. We'll find out soon, I guess!

#1068 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Agree and it will be dry

#1069 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Lets take a guess at pricing - New Stern 10.5K - New JJP - 11K so my guess is low enough to create a "value" feeling, but high enough to make the most $$
    so... $8999

HOLY COW...WHAT A BARGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

I'll order 5 right now!

After all, I could be paying $11K in the future, so $9000 now will give me that "holy moly, was that close, I sure saved alot by overpaying now!!!" feeling

#1070 2 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

They why are there so many people still bitching? Why didnt they take care of my buddy, who has bought multiple JJP.
    NOT FIRST CLASS.

I don't know was he professional in his request? Calm, treat Barry with respect? Act like a spoiled kid? Freak out? Act like a Dbag online?

Probably lots of factors I have no idea on but can definitely tell you Barry and JJP did me 100% right, and it sure seemed to turn this summer. Playfields are good now, JJP customer service is up, awesome game, life is good for me.

After I get taken care of after complaining it is my duty to be honest and let folks know I was taken care of and in this case above and beyond thanks Barry and JJP!

#1071 2 years ago

What has happened for me with regard to the price increases of the past year or so is that Stern has pushed me from being able to buy a new Pro model every 12 months to something near 18 months. I’m in commission-based sales, so if the market takes a dive then it’s probably going to be more like 24 to 30 months before I save enough pennies for a new machine. At 6K the prices were in the “just attainable if I work hard” range. Anything more doesn’t price me out of the market, it just means that it’s going to be a very long time before daddy gets a new toy. And in the case of Godzilla I couldn’t be happy with the Pro because of all of the things that are removed from the Premium. I’ve got the room to add more pins, so selling machines to get a new one isn’t necessary. At this point in time, I think I’ve resolved to upgrading my existing machines with smaller purchases that I can afford every couple of months. Color DMD’s, upgraded speakers, playfield mods and whatnot. Once I’m done with all that, I’ll start saving my pennies for a new machine. If Stern’s thought process is to find out what the market will bear and maybe thin out their massive backlog then it’s certainly working on peeps like me.

#1072 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I don't know was he professional in his request? Calm, treat Barry with respect? Act like a spoiled kid? Freak out? Act like a Dbag online?
    Probably lots of factors I have no idea on but can definitely tell you Barry and JJP did me 100% right, and it sure seemed to turn this summer. Playfields are good now, JJP customer service is up, awesome game, life is good for me.
    After I get taken care of after complaining it is my duty to be honest and let folks know I was taken care of and in this case above and beyond thanks Barry and JJP!

You are not helping your peers really. The fact that you were taken care and then coming in here to minimize the issues of others, which are well documented, is insulting to say the least.

JJP screwed a lot of people over, unintentionally and their response was subpar.
    You might have had a good experience, but that does not mean it is the same for everybody else.

#1073 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

You are not helping your peers really. The fact that you were taken care and then coming in here to minimize the issues of others, which are well documented, is insulting to say the least.
    JJP screwed a lot of people over, unintentionally and their response was subpar.
    You might have had a good experience, but that does not mean it is the same for everybody else.

My apologies I should have just said I don’t know why.

#1074 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

He's not online. He asked for a fix
    or replacementp PF. Asked for the stupid washers. Nothing. He won't be buying JJP again. Jack doesn't care if he does at any rate.

#1075 2 years ago

F you market economy for having hyper inflation due to irresponsible government spending. F you!!!!!!!!

#1076 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

F you market economy for having hyper inflation due to irresponsible government spending. F you!!!!!!!!

Wait… are you telling me there’s such thing as ‘responsible’ government spending??

#1077 2 years ago

F you Stern! When does my Zilla ship!

#1078 2 years ago

Buckle up!
    Stern and JJP are Outta control!!!!
    Who’s next?
    10E44B61-1E4C-45E9-BBDA-7564B60A38F4.gif10E44B61-1E4C-45E9-BBDA-7564B60A38F4.gif

#1079 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

F you Stern! When does my Zilla ship!

I'm hearing around the 18th - 21st... not sure if that's the U.S. allotment or the European and Asia allotment though.

#1080 2 years ago

I hope the price increases went into producing game like in the old days! LOL

I am refraining myself from creating a myriad of pinball memes off of the video above, lol... wow how times have changed. Lol.
    But gotta give it out to Williams for creating something like this back in the day, the internet did not exist and this was probably sent with new games or shared with distributors, who knows. Certainly there was a vision.

Lots of good info here! little details that were not meant for the public.

#1081 2 years ago

I am refraining myself from creating a myriad of pinball memes off of the video above, lol... wow how times have changed. Lol.
    But gotta give it out to Williams for creating something like this back in the day, the internet did not exist and this was probably sent with new games or shared with distributors, who knows. Certainly there was a vision.

Thanks for sharing.
    All I kept thinking was “I’d love a NIB WW
    Drool

#1082 2 years ago

Love that the guy has a suit on in a pinball factory ... how times have changed

#1083 2 years ago

Is there a archive of videos like these? I can't lie I really like watching old videos like these.

#1084 2 years ago

look how much of that is outsourced now, compared to back then when everything was made in house. Hard to quality control when you don't make it yourself.

#1085 2 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

look how much of that is outsourced now, compared to back then when everything was made in house. Hard to quality control when you don't make it yourself.

Who needs quality control when people will line up to buy it anyway because "it's my money". And they get the bonus 'it's pinball' that covers all quality issues excuse too!

#1086 2 years ago

Mother f@$&%#+’!!!!!!
    I just heard Deadpool pro moved from December 2021 to who the f&$@ knows.
    And of course a nearly 1k price increase.
    And of course I paid in full back in June.
    The only good part is I went through a good distributor.
    I’m staying as this is my and my wife’s dream theme and most likely Our only nib game.
    Especially now with the crazy stupid price increases.

#1087 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Mother f@$&%#+’!!!!!!
    I’m staying as this is my and my wife’s dream theme and most likely Our only nib game.

Why do you need a 4 year old game NIB? Why not just buy a used one?

#1088 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

try finding a used one. that will ship to Wyoming. oh, and wont charge more than nib.

#1089 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

try finding a used one. that will ship to Wyoming. oh, and wont charge more than nib.

Same reason why I went with NIB as well on DP. People selling them seem to be charging close to NIB prices already, and would have to find a premium close enough or ship. At that point might as well buy new. DP seems to move less frequently than others. I put in a deposit on it a couple of weeks ago and the dealer said end of year, but guess they havent sent me the updated news on the delay. I can wait, but yeah being told back and forth the different prices sucks.

#1090 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I say 9999 for a CCr LE.

With Lyman working on the code again?

They're definitely going to ask 10k for LEs.

#1091 2 years ago

Seeing how some people talk/fearmonger about inflation is a reminder to me of how old this hobby skews, and the price increases aren't going to help in that regard. That will probably be the only advantage I have when it comes to ownership and collecting in this hobby.

#1092 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Hit the nail on the head, but as stated try finding a used one is just as bad. I dont want one with 1000+ in mods either - don't get me started on FU pinstadiums on a newer stern.

#1093 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Mother f@$&%#+’!!!!!!

Looks like I was right on dropping out - glad you are holding the fort though. I'm still trying to find a used alien also....

#1094 2 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

already ugly, but going to get uglier

#1095 2 years ago
    3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif3F82B49B-15D4-41AA-A8E2-7E6D0C4D1C06.gif
    #1096 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Mother f@$&%#+’!!!!!!

Heard JP prem is pushed till next year as well.

Assuming GZ (with its increased price) has enough demand to keep the line moving till 2022, Stern has no financial incentive to ship any of the backlogged games at lower prices this year.

#1097 2 years ago
    Quoted from kell:

Heard JP prem is pushed till next year as well.
    Assuming GZ (with its increased price) has enough demand to keep the line moving till 2022, Stern has no financial incentive to ship any of the backlogged games at lower prices this year.

yup. and it looks like they will be reducing the number of dp premium units on the next run as well.

#1098 2 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

yup. and it looks like they will be reducing the number of dp premium units on the next run as well.

This should help drive pinflation

#1099 2 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Hit the nail on the head, but as stated try finding a used one is just as bad. I dont want one with 1000+ in mods either - don't get me started on FU pinstadiums on a newer stern.

DP is a problematic game. It’s at that strange point where basically all of the produced copies are in the hands of people that like the game.

I got one by dumb luck from a friend. He offered it, and I figured I couldn’t lose much money, so what the hell. I ended up just falling in love with the game.

Lots of games change hands when they are new, but eventually they find homes where people enjoy playing them. I’d never sell mine at a reasonable price because it’s such a fun game.

The next games that will hit that are JP, Avengers, and Godzilla…. Oh, Keith is the problem now!!!

#1100 2 years ago

The title of this thread makes me laugh every time it comes up on my feed.

Prices are high, so just decide where you want to spend. There will probably be an excess of games in a few years, but waiting is hard.

There are 1,382 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f-you-stern-and-your-price-increases/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.