DSC01053 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240423_152310_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_2020 (resized).jpeg
20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 943.
#4351 4 years ago

End of the year Elvira, wich supossedly isn't a 3-tier cornerstone game.
But still a big title/ full release.

January/CES about the next regular game.

So no contradiction here.

#4352 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

End of the year Elvira, wich supossedly isn't a 3-tier cornerstone game.
But still a big title/ full release.
January/CES about the next regular game.
So no contradiction here.

So December is Elvira and January is the next cornerstone?

Might be crossing wires here but that would be a contraction to delt31 who’s saying Elvira then another release (TMNT) in December..?

#4353 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So December is Elvira and January is the next cornerstone?
Might be crossing wires here but that would be a contraction to delt31 who’s saying Elvira then another release (TMNT) in December..?

Not even Stern has that exact dates set yet. Munsters was supposed to be last year as well but they wanted Beatles out before christmas, since it's for a much more holiday present driven market and Deadpool did pretty well.

But Elvira (Oct-Dec) followed by Cornerstone (Dec-Feb) is a pretty good bet.

Edit:
And we all know it' Bill & Ted.
TMNT would also be great but it has yet to overcome that Data East masterpiece. ... Ok, that one is crap but the music and playfield art was awesome!
If we get a new one I'm afraid of getting new character designs and new music.

#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What I would like to see:
Stranger Things
Jaws

I don't get the excitement for Jaws:The Pin.

I'd be much happier with a Brian Eddy TMNT, or Princess Bride, since Stern has that license. He at least has a chance of doing princess bride justice.

#4355 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd be much happier with a Brian Eddy TMNT, or Princess Bride, since Stern has that license. He at least has a chance of doing princess bride justice.

Princess bride would almost be a insta buy. That is my ALL TIME favorite movie, the call outs could be amazing.

#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Because it would be freaking awesome.

I suppose that's why the excitement.

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Because it would be freaking awesome.
I suppose that's why the excitement.

On the awesomeness spectrum of possible pinball licenses, Jaws is *okay* but nowhere near the top. But honestly, designer and programmer matter more than theme, so I don't know what anyone's getting worked up about.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4358 4 years ago

I really think they need to release a more modern title now.

We have munsters, black knight, jurassic PARK, beatles as latest releases.

With Elvira coming soon, something more recent like deadpool, game of thrones, walking dead, guardians was would be better.
Jaws is cool, but 80ties cool... Only exception they can make is BTTF, they can release it yesterday if it's up to me.

#4359 4 years ago

I’m not too excited about it but I have some pretty good inside information that it’s a TMNT

#4360 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Jaws is cool, but 80ties cool...

70's

#4361 4 years ago

I've seen it in the eighties cause I wasn't born yet in the seventies (joking of course)

#4362 4 years ago

TMNT has been done .. I want something new.

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

TMNT has been done .. I want something new.

So had Jurassic Park. And most seem to be happy it was re-done.

#4364 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

True. But I still want something new.

#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yeah but JP is at least a good general idea & theme.

#4366 4 years ago

I want Led Zeppelin someday before I die!

#4367 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah but JP is at least a good general idea & theme.

Depends what Turtles they use.

The new ones are junk.

#4368 4 years ago

I loved TMNT as a kid growing up in the 90s. If they use the new stuff it’s trash.

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The new ones are junk.

My preference would be the original cartoon turtles, but I’d still be on board if they went with the original comic book look. But I’m rioting if they use this current abomination of a beloved franchise.

#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On the awesomeness spectrum of possible pinball licenses, Jaws is *okay* but nowhere near the top. But honestly, designer and programmer matter more than theme, so I don't know what anyone's getting worked up about.

Jaws music and callouts span generations. What’s not to get? Actors were and still are considered A list, although Dreyfus has tried to go left field lately.

Lots of modes for a pin.

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Actors were and still are considered A list

Never looked at Jaws as "A list actors" movie.

#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Never looked at Jaws as "A list actors" movie.

They’re not.

Richard Dreyfus maybe (eh) he won an Oscar for a movie I bet 95% here have never seen or heard of. Other than that he’s a solid B.

If anyone says Jaws actors are A list they’d have to say someone like Laura Dern is an A list actor.

Robert Shaw died 31 years ago.

#4373 4 years ago

Roy Schneider and Robert Shaw were certainly "A" list actors in terms of talent. They were both established movie actors when they made Jaws. They may not have been the biggest stars in Hollywood, or the highest paid of course, but they were A list actors.

#4374 4 years ago

Sadly just being talented doesn't make you an A-list actor.
If we check the definition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-list for movie actors that means they can guarantee box-office success.
In Jaws, the only A-lister is the director.

#4375 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

The new ones are junk.

Well they're all junk to me, but on topic I don't think anyone need to worry aboot the new ones being used with Sterns history.

#4376 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Jaws music and callouts span generations. What’s not to get? Actors were and still are considered A list, although Dreyfus has tried to go left field lately.
Lots of modes for a pin.

Like I said, I have to remind myself that the designer and programmer are the most important factors in it being a great game, so I'm not getting too hung up on the license.

#4377 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Like I said, I have to remind myself that the designer and programmer are the most important factors in it being a great game, so I'm not getting too hung up on the license.

I’m squarely in this camp. Sure, Jaws and even TMNT would make swell pinball themes but I think a talented design team could make a very fun pinball machine based on just about anything. Heck, I bet they could make a fun pin about washing dishes or visiting the zoo. I think IMDN is the funnest pin released in years and I am only a VERY casual fan of the band.

How does it shoot, and does it make me want to play another game? Those are the important questions to me, and neither is dependent on the theme (again, that’s just me).

#4378 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Heck, I bet they could make a fun pin about washing dishes or visiting the zoo.

Hell, Diner is a fun game, right? Actually in a similar vain, one of my son's and my favorite game on the Nintendo Switch is Overcooked. It's a beat-the-clock cooperation game where you have to act as line cooks to get orders done correct and fast.

It could make for a very simple and fun pinball machine. You're in a kitchen and you have stations - grill, fry-a-lator, plates, chopping board, toppings. Order comes out on the screen and you have 30 seconds to make all the shots required to make that order (grill a burger, chop lettuce, add ketchup, fries on the side...etc.) but the orders change each time, and as your progress, the orders get harder (double burgers, less time... etc.). Get the orders done quicker, get a bigger tip. It could make for a really fun pinball machine... freggin line cooks. Similar to Diner, but could be much more complicated with kitchen toys and stations. Didn't think it would be fun on the switch, but it's super fun.

#4379 4 years ago

Original theme...

- sports in x games
- space exploration
- sci Fi
- fantasy

What happened to imagination? Good gameplay and killer art would make it work.

#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Hell, Diner is a fun game, right? Actually in a similar vain, one of my son's and my favorite game on the Nintendo Switch is Overcooked. It's a beat-the-clock cooperation game where you have to act as line cooks to get orders done correct and fast.
It could make for a very simple and fun pinball machine. You're in a kitchen and you have stations - grill, fry-a-lator, plates, chopping board, toppings. Order comes out on the screen and you have 30 seconds to make all the shots required to make that order (grill a burger, chop lettuce, add ketchup, fries on the side...etc.) but the orders change each time, and as your progress, the orders get harder (double burgers, less time... etc.). Get the orders done quicker, get a bigger tip. It could make for a really fun pinball machine... freggin line cooks. Similar to Diner, but could be much more complicated with kitchen toys and stations. Didn't think it would be fun on the switch, but it's super fun.

Hey, I’m in! Let’s go see KME armed with with a blank white wood

#4381 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I want something new.

Quoted from frankmac:

But I still want something new.

This attitude is why some people (especially in L.A.) have been married multiple times.

(NOTE: No reference to original poster meant or implied.)

#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

This attitude is why some people (especially in L.A.) have been married multiple times.

You only captured a portion of what I said .

That being said I do want something new meaning current / with the times .

Stranger Things is a new show to me but man that would make a great pin. For me at least .

#4383 4 years ago

JP2 , Elvira than TMNT Is not at the top of my list.

But I will get sucked in more than likely.

#4384 4 years ago

If they go TMNT they better sneak Miyamoto Usagi in there somewhere. Hell, just retheme Deadpool as a Usagi pin and I'm in. You already have the katana.

#4385 4 years ago

TMNT What would they do for a playfield?

#4386 4 years ago

For me being an 80's guy:

BTTF
Miami Vice

And Stranger Things of course.

#4387 4 years ago

Continuing an earlier Tmnt pin conversation and stealing some ideas from JP I think having some pop up posts to trap shots for 4 ball "ninja vanish" mb could be cool.
If the art is done right it could be so nice. I just hope they dont go nick toons style. Shredder, splinter, April, Casey, the Turtles, a canister of TGRI ooze and the odd foot ninja is all you need. Oh, and pizza cheese dripping off some areas
I would love to see the animations be in the style of the arcade games from the 90s.
Screenshot_20190815-170004_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190815-170004_Google (resized).jpg

#4388 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Continuing an earlier Tmnt pin conversation and stealing some ideas from JP I think having some pop up posts to trap shots for 4 ball "ninja vanish" mb could be cool.
If the art is done right it could be so nice. I just hope they dont go nick toons style. Shredder, splinter, April, Casey, the Turtles, a canister of TGRI ooze and the odd foot ninja is all you need. Oh, and pizza cheese dripping off some areas
I would love to see the animations be in the style of the arcade games from the 90s.
[quoted image]

Ninja vanish sounds cool I can picture that...

#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

This picture the TMNT look bad ass. Yeti could make this pin pop out big time.

#4390 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Yeah, the arcade game Ninja turtles from that time period is the art I want to see all over the machine if Stern's really doing it. And some imagination in the mechs, please? It's NINJA TURTLES. No subways would be a huge disappointment.

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No subways would be a huge disappointment.

As far as I know, the DE tmnt is responsible for coining the term "subway". I agree it seems like a must have. What IS the last Stern game to have a subway?

#4392 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

As far as I know, the DE tmnt is responsible for coining the term "subway". I agree it seems like a must have. What IS the last Stern game to have a subway?

Technically? Ghostbusters Premium/LE. It's not much of one. Metallica Premium/LE has a small one too.

#4393 4 years ago

Subway multiball, few different entrances and exits, all linked and exits able to be randomised, so you don’t have an exact idea where the balls going to pop back out, shot those for your jackpots instead of the usual ramps and ornits - make it happen Stern

#4394 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The last one was Iron Maiden Prem/LE with a stub of a sub from the captive ball to the kickout below the center jump ramp. Ghostbusters Prem/LE had another very short one. Metallica Prem/LE kind of had one with the hammer/coffin lock.

But none of those are legit subways. I want to see something crazy like ST:TNG with numerous underground paths with diverters. IF it's really TMNT, it MUST have REAL SUBWAYS. I hope Brian Eddy has enough clout to make it happen.

#4395 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Original theme...
- sports in x games
- space exploration
- sci Fi
- fantasy
What happened to imagination? Good gameplay and killer art would make it work.

This. Pinball is lacking in new original themes. There are plenty of creative people in this world. I think these companies are just scared to try something new?

About JP. Not excited for the theme. But excited for this game based on the fact that it is Keith Elwins second pin. I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden the band, well maybe I'm becoming one after playing so much pinball on this awesome machine. I'm a fan of orbit shots, so disappointed that Keith doesn't have them, but I like that his designs are new and original. I do love loop shots though, so it's a fair trade on IMDN for me. His deeeeep ruleset is the biggest draw for me. I still have not defeated the beast. And to know there is a super wizard mode if you can get 10 tomb treasures, is an awesome goal to try and attain someday. I hope his JP ruleset is just as deep.

I was really looking forward to Elvira 3. Scared Stiff is one of my favorite pins. It's just fun. Basic rules, yet really fun. And the callouts/double innuendos are funny. It makes me sad to hear Elvira 3 will not be a major release. I guess only time will tell.

As for upcoming Stern pins, did anyone else notice Zach Sharpe was wearing what looked to me like a cheshire cat tee shirt on deadflips JP stream? Maybe it was a subtle easter egg? He was only on screen in the shirt very briefly. Alice in Wonderland as everyone knows is ripe for a pin.

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I want to see something crazy like ST:TNG with numerous underground paths with diverters. IF it's really TMNT, it MUST have REAL SUBWAYS. I hope Brian Eddy has enough clout to make it happen.

Then check out ACNC! It has a real Subway system.Not as complex as STNG though.
e9fe20f5b8e2fd30703c29189dcd62766a0790f0 (resized).jpge9fe20f5b8e2fd30703c29189dcd62766a0790f0 (resized).jpg

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

This. Pinball is lacking in new original themes. There are plenty of creative people in this world. I think these companies are just scared to try something new?
About JP. Not excited for the theme. But excited for this game based on the fact that it is Keith Elwins second pin. I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden the band, well maybe I'm becoming one after playing so much pinball on this awesome machine. I'm a fan of orbit shots, so disappointed that Keith doesn't have them, but I like that his designs are new and original. I do love loop shots though, so it's a fair trade on IMDN for me. His deeeeep ruleset is the biggest draw for me. I still have not defeated the beast. And to know there is a super wizard mode if you can get 10 tomb treasures, is an awesome goal to try and attain someday. I hope his JP ruleset is just as deep.
I was really looking forward to Elvira 3. Scared Stiff is one of my favorite pins. It's just fun. Basic rules, yet really fun. And the callouts/double innuendos are funny. It makes me sad to hear Elvira 3 will not be a major release. I guess only time will tell.
As for upcoming Stern pins, did anyone else notice Zach Sharpe was wearing what looked to me like a cheshire cat tee shirt on deadflips JP stream? Maybe it was a subtle easter egg? He was only on screen in the shirt very briefly. Alice in Wonderland as everyone knows is ripe for a pin.

It'd be not the greatest idea to make another Alice in Wonderland pin, head to head with deeproot.

#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Then check out ACNC! It has a real Subway system.Not as complex as STNG though.[quoted image]

So does Houdini. This is a Stern issue with their stupid, restrictive el-cheapo-deluxe design edict to not have subways.

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is a Stern issue with their stupid, restrictive design edict to not have subways.

Subways add to the coil count since one a VUK assembly would be needed.

#4400 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Subways add to the coil count since one a VUK assembly would be needed.

Well, yes - maybe. But in cases like Ghostbusters, you have a saucer on the Pro that requires a coil, and on the Prem/LE that same location is a scoop kickout from the mini-subway, so no extra coil, just maybe a slightly larger one.

But if that's an issue, make subways Prem/LE only, then, so the $7500/$8700 prices cover the couple extra coils it would take. Having subways adds a world of options Stern is currently artificially limiting for no good reason. Their el-cheapo roots as the also-ran compared to Bally/Williams designs are still showing through, even after all these years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 39.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Roseville, CA
There are 47,103 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 943.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.