Topic Stats

• 6,487 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 654 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
stern (resized).png
Stranger_Things_LE.jpg
80B0E8CD-0CF7-4E38-A3A7-29045F239119 (resized).jpeg
1A7295AC-EEDE-424A-AC41-AD8EE4C6AAB7 (resized).jpeg
F4D24AB5-6867-4E89-B33C-5C9EFE59F016 (resized).jpeg
7816E6E4-75DB-4ACE-BF63-58BC6E552426 (resized).jpeg
Weird (resized).jpeg
2bd3596680dc9bcd2f08280513edaa22 (resized).jpg
sexy_reptiles___creamy_donatello_rq_april_2join_in_by_alaer-d7iyph7 (resized).jpg
2CACCC99-7C1D-42AE-A540-3F839F8371E2 (resized).jpeg
a26fa99cf160b753518704c8de5f8acb (resized).jpg
D7D40B74-6E1A-47AC-AF03-06B37F186E49 (resized).jpeg
7F0C10C9-54DF-4B36-A494-CCB15CA7A669 (resized).jpeg
655C6BA2-1C0F-4014-93D0-00FA55C78105 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191223-132219_Kijiji (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 3 years ago

Same as the last 12 times; Iron Maiden.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

would Iron Maiden have the sales needed? I would not think so...

You and I don't think so; but everyone on Pinside (& South America) is a massive Iron Maiden fan. What does that mean? Nothing, but it doesn't stop them from trying.

haha didn't even get done with my minute post before it begins

Quoted from vex:

iron maiden has massive global appeal, the sales would reflect that.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Hopefully Stern will use the time to get color displays finally in a pin. Painful to keep seeing great games with terrible displays.

Oh sure they seem like they're really on top of things.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Honestly, an NWA themed pin would probably crush. Not all of us pinheads are rock guys. Plus, you'd be reaching out to a whole new audience.

Best callouts ever in that machine. I'd be in for sure.

#98 3 years ago

frankmac first mod off that one is a clone of the Tron video game mod with journey on it

j_(resized).jpg

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

make a current music theme, take a chance.

The point is, why not try it once? They already made Mustang & WWE which were just horrible ideas that nobody wanted...might as well try something new. These companies keep telling us games on route are a huge deal; so try to get some new people into it.
Aerosmith or some "new today music," I'd skip either one so might as well take a poke.

1 week later
#227 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How hard would it be to license Johnny Sokko?

I could get down with that but I'm a little more Ultraman myself.

ultraman-logo_(resized).jpg

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Next Stern machine will be incomplete code and $600 topper

Sure sure, and it will have 4 legs and some pinballs in it; tell us something we don't know

#236 3 years ago

Aerosmith in the Fall and Star Wars in March 2017 based on episodes 4,5 and 6.

I said something we DON'T know!

#239 3 years ago

There will not be an Iron Maiden pin. How about that?

hahaha...but they're the biggest band in South America!?!

#245 3 years ago

We can only hope it comes out as great as Avengers!

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from Christian43:

A picture can say it all.....

How aboot 4 really big ones for no reason?

#260 3 years ago

I guess the question now is will the Batman remake come out before or after Aerosmith. I am thinking after.
I am betting Stern will load up the production line with one more run of MET and Star Trek before they are completely off the production line before Aerosmith starts shipping.

That's a long time I gotta keep this GB dog laying around my feet.

6 months later
#515 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Best guess? Tron Can Crusher.
$6595.

Perfect mix of old & new! We'll just take those pesky ramps off for you but for the same price.

1 month later
#592 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Pulp Fiction is a fine film but as a theme for pinball I think its terrible, Deadpool would be far better, JMO

Can;t possibly be any worse than JM and you like that one fine.

Quoted from crlush:

...just thinking of some of the modes and callouts you could have that I wouldnt even mention on here so I wouldnt offend anyone or get moderated.

They have metallica man yelling "jack fucking pot" at you and show Zombies getting killed in every way imaginable...Stern isn't worried aboot being family friendly.

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yet they couldn't do anything meaningful with the Game of Thrones content.

Uff that's a good call...should have been some incest in there fo sho.

#597 2 years ago

Yeah I don't think they'd shy away from it...but obviously I'm just guessing. They're just selling it to 40+ dudes in their houses so what's the big deal. It's a theme directed exclusively for adults....

ha funny the whole time I'm typing aboot this I'm picturing it on a DMD. I wonder what the use of LCD means for movie themes? You'd think if you're going Pulp Fiction, it almost points you more in the way of using the interesting parts of video from the movie(?)...which are all the parts you're describing. And what does it mean for vulgar settings?

Very interesting indeed.

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh its worse than JM, at least its cheese 90's Sci Fi, I don't know maybe it would work, I like TBL film but for me it doesn't work for pinball, you just want a Gimp Multiball right

90s Cheese Sci Fi vs 2000s (edit 94 just a bit off ) pulpy smut....seems the same to me.
Personally I don't it at all, not a fan really, it has it's parts but overall it's a waste. I'd watch it over JM but at least JM would keep me awake longer.

2 weeks later
#624 2 years ago

Don't know...but I already have a deposit down on whatever it is.

3 months later
#767 2 years ago

From what I;ve heard for the last 5 years it's iron maiden or Jaws.

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Hmnnn. Rumors are looking to be true

Quoted from Micky:

Just saw that too. Looks very cool!

Holy shit Seriously? Does this mean they come out of left field with a Dimmu Borgir machine?!?

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Beatle's pin would be annoying I think.

Because...
2/3 of them are the boy band crap
1/2 of those left over are McCartnney songs and horrible sans 1.5 songs.

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Especially Sgt peppers lonely heart's club band song. Burns me out

McCartney song

"Elinore Rigby" & 1/2 "a day in the life"....that's all he can muster!

EDIT: When I think of McCartney I think of the Dana Carvey impression...except he actually had things you wanted to listen to.

#786 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Wonder what the track list would be like? Lots of choices.

Dude that 1916 is gonna be a bummer of a wizard mode but I support it.

2 weeks later
#827 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Not the next, but with the up coming Stargate reboot trilogy. Can we expect a new Stargate pin in the future.

Only if Momoa is coming back

#867 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Based on the SDCC I am pumped about Ready Player One - both the movie and the pin that hopefully will flow in late 2018.

So everyone is getting pumped aboot another tween movie?

#873 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think they wanted to have some nostalgia for the younger viewer.

I'm sure equal parts that and whatever was easier acquisitions.

1 month later
#1033 2 years ago

Right Ramp Pro is much tighter

2 months later
#1224 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry but what means « boutique title »? Thanks

Smaller makers, not the big stuff like JJp & Stern. Or wherver Spooky fits into the picture.
Heighway, Dutch pinball etc

#1229 2 years ago

My district pretty sure it was jaws and he heard it on pinside so it must be true

#1231 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

You mean AMH, TBL, Alien, Houdini...are boutique games?
Or more jetson, dominos, whoa Nellie..?
I did not understand if a game is called a boutique game coz produced by a « minor » manufacturer or it is a « lower developed » game?

Well I don't fully understand it either. Houdini & TBL are for sure boutiques. Alien I would consider one.
I don;t think Spooky is in that group but I have no idea honestly.

Stern didn't "make" Whoa Nellie or PBR, they might have produced/built it but they didn't design it.

#1233 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I always thought of boutique as low run "specialty" games, which is why Stern can have a "boutique" release within their main lines that sell a lot more.

Could be. This term might have evolved as it was sort of a blanket statement for new companies.
Alien, TBL, Full Throttle, PBR, Jetsons, Domonioes, Whoa Nellie are all sure as hell low runs. But you can;t count BM66 can you that is based/desinged by Stern?

#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

That was done with Kapow, and was supposedly a boutique game. It definitely had a low run.

Right but it's a Stern game; that;s what's confusing to me. Maybe it just means low run. So WWELE is a boutique game?

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Haha. I don't think Stern intended WWE to be a small run,..

Exactly! But now is motive a part of the definition of the term? That's when it gets wacky.

#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I think that team knows they have a lot to live up to to exceed the design of Scared Stiff and are probably working hard to do that.

That's a very high bar. Good luck to everyone involved.

#1254 2 years ago

Anything that JT made I'm happy to get rid of; hasn;t really excited me much in the last 25 years

1 month later
#1339 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

...Would that still be a Kapow then? This was published in one of the threads in the last couple days.

Is posting in a Pinside thread now considered being published?

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Funny.... I hear ya
It was the this week in pinball weekly update. I thought these guys were half decent.

The guys that gave a list of 20 of the latest rumors and said it's probably 2 of them maybe?

#1380 2 years ago
Quoted from nman:

...but it doesn't appear he's actually lost any work over his little scandal yet...

I think Comedy Central shitcanned his new show.

4 months later
#2326 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

While we are at "Vault", I'd like the next Vault to be Transformers, still with DMD and such, but 80s cartoon art.
I think Transformers is fun, but the Robots kinda look like a mess.

Hey at least when they leave features off like the shitty "upper PF" we wont complain

#2329 1 year ago
Quoted from jorro:

Hell yeah! 80's cartoon style and voices!!!

Should be easy. We'll just round up Nimoy, Scatman, Robert Stack & Orsen Welles and record some VOs.

1 month later
#2342 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since I learned from the Kaminkow Interview that they were used to make an top tier games like Back to the Future in 6 Weeks from top to bottom I see no problem in having that game shipping tomorrow.

Huh....my guess for Data East games would have been around 2 weeks.

2 weeks later
#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Too many bananas in the tailpipe already
[quoted image]

Look man, I'm not falling for no banana in my tailpipe!

1 week later
#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Isn't this the next Kapow title... there might not be a Pro.

I thought kapow was beatles

#2387 1 year ago

Ah gotcha , fine by me.

10 months later
#3663 6 months ago
Quoted from wlf_:

It seems like Elvira fans can get their kicks with the two existing games, no?

No...we've played them all 1,000,000 times and they are a bit old, time for a new one. I mean if it's good.

#3667 6 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

and you get Cassandra Peterson and co presumably doing a lot of writing and voice work. I assume they'll do hand drawn art of her for the LCD animations? Maybe her lying on a couch..

Yeah that's a fair question...I ASSumed it would be a cartoon character or a stylized character based on the Elvira image...like the other machines

#3669 6 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah, but they didn't have a LCD to contend with.
Video is the easiest way to quickly generate a ton of assets to display on the screen.

I disagree in this situation. Sure SW & BM66 did it but there's a ton of shit to choose from. Random old Elvira clips...not so much. There's also more of a narrative with those sources.

#3671 6 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Idk. I haven't watched anything with Elvira in at least 20 years...

Exactly.

#3687 6 months ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I think Jurassic world could be a cool pin if they used the big underwater dinosaur as a lock or some kind of mech

Great idea. Sadly Stern has some Death Stars left over so you'll get a exploding Gyrosphere

#3690 6 months ago

I got room for 1so I'll give Jurrasik a look over depending on whom's doing what. More excited aboot Elvira but shit man you never know...eXpecially if that's a prem+ only

#3692 6 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Im still getting the same info. Its not Jurassic World But it is Keith Elwins next game.
And also, it is awesome!

Per usual we'll have to wait and see...everyone has been hearing diff'rent things. Another Keith game gets my attention.

#3710 6 months ago

Hey.... That guy is kind of a big deal!

#3755 6 months ago

I am pretty sure the law rarely agrees with anyone.

Probably a common misconception downvotes stick out more so it just seems that way. I give out 10x more thumbs up.
https://pinside.com/pinball/connect/pulse?activity_linktypes%5B%5D=thumbs

#3848 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't think Stern marketing is that dumb.

Well not anymore I would agree. We shall see

#3868 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You say JW. Others say Star Wars home. Is it both?

It would at least show they're understanding how to do home releases better.

#3872 6 months ago

I'd imagine it's Gomez. WTH would Keith know aboot designing a game for newbs?

#3891 6 months ago

Keep you topper tears in the designated areas please, this is a thread aboot a new game that won't get a topper.

#3896 6 months ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Anyone want to place a bet? $100 says it's a Star Wars home edition pin. Loser pays the $100 to Pinside as a donation.

How does an additional game fit into the bet? What if it is the SW home pin, but also JW?

#3944 6 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

No. It's Bronies!

CLOPPERS!!!

#4016 6 months ago
Quoted from Raegor:

I'd love Grease, been saying that forever.

Whoa whoa whoa...
If there's no Greased Lightning mode how are the chicks gonna cream?!!?

#4149 6 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

honch is the founding member of the Star Wars Home Edition fan club. Members Only!

It offsets the "I have a Star Wars Avatar so I hate everything made for Star Wars for some reason" club.

BTW, you guys should change your name; doesn't roll off the tongue.

#4153 6 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

their target audience is definitely NOT anyone with ANY previous knowledge of pinball

No shit...we all already knewm that so I don't know why everyone repeats it 1000 times.

#4260 6 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So... Premium Dinosaur Head is able to move and spit Balls in the Ramp I suppose?

Def gotta move...some have said maybe a magnet, not spitting

#4265 6 months ago

Can someone do another video to tell this guy what a fucking T-Rex is?
Sweet jesus.

#4274 6 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Personally don't get it. A remake of a pin that was modeled on a film from 1993.... Why?

The answer to all your questions is money.

#4276 6 months ago

Because Stern thinks it will sell. "Old is new again."

They don't just think it, it's reality. They released a Munsters machine and people were coming out the of the woodwork here to talk aboot how awesome that was...I mean that even confused me for a minute.

#4279 6 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can see Munsters a little more as it hadn't been done and has a great soundtrack..

Great soundtrack ...wtf?!?

#4299 6 months ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Even though the images state that its a molded T-Rex - everywhere. At a glance and the direction we get these images I did mistakenly not recognize it was in fact a T-Rex.

No problem cap'n. When you get a free couple hours you should watch a movie called "Jurassic Park," it might help with some of these mysteries.

#4301 6 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I will be watching JP this weekend to refresh it has been years.. thelaw

Watched it not too long ago...still great. Then #2 & 3 came on after; still horrible. I hardly remembered anything form 3 it was such a piece.

2 weeks later
#4365 5 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

So had Jurassic Park. And most seem to be happy it was re-done.

Yeah but JP is at least a good general idea & theme.

#4375 5 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Depends what Turtles they use.
The new ones are junk.

Well they're all junk to me, but on topic I don't think anyone need to worry aboot the new ones being used with Sterns history.

2 weeks later
#4469 4 months ago

Stanger things would be awesome. Whatever that video is would not be.

2 weeks later
#4503 4 months ago

OMG that video...I would NEVER let someone play one of my machines with a ring like that on!

#4511 4 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

The G O I L target are driving me crazy. Its gargoyle. Little things that hurt my brain lol

Yeah I think they know how it's spelled.

Quoted from TheRudyB:

Looks like the Premium is the entry-level model (at least for this one) - and both the Premium and Limited Editions come with a nice little MSRP increase.
Can only imagine what the Signature Edition call-for-price is and how it will compare to Batman '66.

We always knewm there wasn't going to be a pro, and I guess the price increase depends on what you are comparing it to.
And we haven't heard the street price yet.

#4513 4 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its intentional.

Yeah I think most of us got that

#4516 4 months ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

So how about we just compare its MSRP against the MSRPs of Stern's most recent Premiums and Limited Editions like JP and BKSOR?

Well that's the problem, you can't becasue those games have pros, so you have to put it up against the "non cornerstone" titles Look I didn't make this shit up and it doens't make me happy
So against BM66 it's a little cheaper at release but the same as the newer catwoman, and the same as beatles I think?
EDIT: For premium prices anyway, mist the LE price on this one.
EDIT: haha "mist." Graysondad won;t be liking that one

2 weeks later
#4607 3 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

There were two Dune movies.

Not till next year

2 months later
#5956 49 days ago
Quoted from aingide:

I'm 0-3, so I don't frame games in the context of "dream theme" anymore...

Man GOT was awesome, but I'm happy anytime someone gets over the "dream theme" schtik.

#5960 49 days ago
Quoted from aingide:

Theme was absolutely horribly executed though.

Yup, that's why dream themes are so deadly. You work yourself up so heavy imagining it that they can rarely meet expectations.

#6001 48 days ago

I hate Spoilers guys, but it's been 5/6 months

#6064 44 days ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Im not that interested in a TMNT pin, but I cant say I would revile it.

I might. Man that's a color job that could go south in a hurry.

1 week later
#6242 36 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You‘re still so sure about this?

Hey he was serious then and you didn;t take him up on it...goddammit I was 'going to' but chickened out myself.

#6244 36 days ago

double or nothing, I like it

#6248 36 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don‘t have any inside info also, just... reasoning.

Yep they call that "taking the field" in betting around here

#6254 36 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Supposedly the reveal is Monday.

I heard a guy said it was yesterday

#6257 36 days ago

There's only one guy I believe when it comes to telling me Stern shit is coming out; and I didn't hear him yesterday.

1 week later
#6395 22 days ago

It really tells you something aboot theme love if people would be lining up to buy a re skinned transformers ; wow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Jose, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside