IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcaderaid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4384 4 years ago

If they go TMNT they better sneak Miyamoto Usagi in there somewhere. Hell, just retheme Deadpool as a Usagi pin and I'm in. You already have the katana.

2 years later
#28947 1 year ago

Yeah, Spaceballs would be great but now that Disney owns Star Wars they would need Disney’s permission since (as noted above) the only way they were able to make Spaceballs was to promise they would do no merch. That’s part of why there is that whole scene making fun of merchandizing in the film. Lucas would not allow it. Then again, Disney loves making money and they did license Star Wars so, who knows. I would guess it is pretty complicated at this point.

2 months later
#33521 1 year ago

A Gravity Falls pinball would be crazy fun and bring some younger blood into the game. My son had us watch the show and it was quite enjoyable.

1 week later
#33707 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Jack opens Pinside:
“Jack is a child eating sorcerer.”
Jack closes Pinside.

Now I want a Child Eating Sorcerer pin.

8 months later
#38515 9 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I could see them releasing another homestyle pin based off of Godzilla or announcing a vault, but we shall see.

I could see this. If they already have the IP it makes sense to build on that. I'm surprised they don't just basically recycle the layout from the JP home pin and even the coding. Throw Godzilla on instead of the T-rex and rename the modes. Would save so much time and money on coding. Sure, people might not buy it if they already have JP home but I could see it making financial sense. Basically offer the same pin with different themes and the kind of people who will only buy one pin for their house anyhow can basically choose which theme they like and know whichever theme they get the design will be solid. Releasing a home pin would also make sense right before Christmas and wouldn't cut into the ongoing sales of Venom as the two buying audiences don't necessarily line up.

3 weeks later
#39619 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern is going to beat JJP to launch, here's the whitewood. Supposedly it's Stern's fastest games to date. There are no stupid mechs or toys to slow the ball down, just pure speed for $7k - 13k! It's all about the flow.

Ugh, this is just a re-theme of "Italian Bottom."

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#39710 8 months ago

Spaceballs
Futurama

This is the way.

2 months later
#41507 6 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Reskin Iron Maiden back to Archer as Keith intended. It will easily sell thousands with minimal retooling and engineering.

I’m kind of surprised we don’t see more of this. If the layout is known to be great but you can choose from two themes and pick one that you care about more that seems like a great idea. It would save on production cost too. I know they have done this before on a few titles Spider-Man Home/Heavy Metal/Star Wars Home and Seawitch/Beatles. Are there others?

1 week later
#41735 6 months ago

What are the odds with the new factory they reissue some updated classics? When they reused the Seawitch layout I thought we might see a new Seawitch hit the line as they already went to the trouble to update the layout and make it work with the new software. I don’t think they would sell a ton but hey, if the shot geometry, rules and art are already done it might be a cheap way to keep the assembly line busy and sell more pins. Even better if code is updated with new fun surprises.

#41809 6 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Not really,
LE was supposed to be a collectible. [quoted image]

I can’t tell if this is supposed to be sarcasm. Manufactured “collectibles” are by definition a cash grab. They are engineered scarcity designed to squeeze as much money out of the consumer as possible.

3 months later
#44298 89 days ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

tony hawk would be great if they could figure out how to do some kind of half pipe.

What if you had a quarter pipe in the center with standup targets placer horizontally at the top and you have to hit each one to spell out something. That could work. Maybe put one on each side and you have a half pipe. Could be unique. Can’t think of a game with something like that. Maybe a bit Orbitor One-esque

#44313 88 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Thundercats is gaining steam. Just had a super successful launch of a comic series. Would not count this out...
And would DEFINITELY be in on Thundercats as a theme.
I think GI Joe missed its window by about 10 years as their main collector ages out of existence.

What??? The kids who watched the GI Joe cartoon in the 80s are now in their mid 40s to 50. The seems to be exactly the people with enough disposable income to buy nostalgia pins. Same audience for a Goonies pin. How on Earth are people who are just now starting to enter the peak earning age of their careers (who are about 15 years away from retirement "aging out of existence"?

Are you thinking more of the GI Joe dolls from the 1950s? Cause no one is making a 1950s GI Joe machine. It would absolutely be modeled after the 1980s hit cartoon. It was on at the same time as Thundercats.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcaderaid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=arcaderaid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.