Topic Stats

• 6,462 posts
  • 803 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Wakky
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 652 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Stranger_Things_LE.jpg
80B0E8CD-0CF7-4E38-A3A7-29045F239119 (resized).jpeg
1A7295AC-EEDE-424A-AC41-AD8EE4C6AAB7 (resized).jpeg
F4D24AB5-6867-4E89-B33C-5C9EFE59F016 (resized).jpeg
7816E6E4-75DB-4ACE-BF63-58BC6E552426 (resized).jpeg
Weird (resized).jpeg
2bd3596680dc9bcd2f08280513edaa22 (resized).jpg
sexy_reptiles___creamy_donatello_rq_april_2join_in_by_alaer-d7iyph7 (resized).jpg
2CACCC99-7C1D-42AE-A540-3F839F8371E2 (resized).jpeg
a26fa99cf160b753518704c8de5f8acb (resized).jpg
D7D40B74-6E1A-47AC-AF03-06B37F186E49 (resized).jpeg
7F0C10C9-54DF-4B36-A494-CCB15CA7A669 (resized).jpeg
655C6BA2-1C0F-4014-93D0-00FA55C78105 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191223-132219_Kijiji (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191223-132223_Kijiji (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191223-132208_Kijiji (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

With the new displays BttF would be amazing , and way out of my price range

Yeah I would love to see a new BTTF pin, with the display changing as you travel back and forward in time with the film, the display could mimic a DMD when in the 1st movie, a futuristic HUD in modes from the 2nd movie & maybe an old analog clock/display (cant really think what else would work for the wild west ) for the 3rd movie.

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

So...speculation of future Stern titles after Aerosmith?
Star Wars
Guardians of the Galaxy
Jaws
The Fast & The Furious
Jurassic World

Other than Star Wars, which is the big rumour for next year from SR, are any of these themes ever been mentioned by Stern or known to be in the pipeline/licences held by Stern?

2 months later
#531 2 years ago

What's coming after Aerosmith but before Star Wars? Someone must know, there is usually one or two that always seem to know whats what with regards to the next Stern. Will it be the mythical pin equivalent of a Unicorn, Tron VE?

#547 2 years ago

I am considering a re-theme project at some point this year, has anyone heard if Stern or anyone has mulled over the fast and furious franchise?

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

As a retheme of what? Mustang?

I haven't played mustang so couldn't comment on its suitability and I haven't settled on which game I would retheme yet but I stumbled across a beat up NASCAR I found here in the U.K been in a bar and storage for a long time and just allowed to be destroyed.

There are a lot of great action set pieces from the franchise that would work great in a pin and it's a bit of dream theme and we are well overdue another amazing racing theme game.

1 month later
#575 2 years ago

Negan Edition

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Kaneda podcast.
I have Stern faith! New color display and experience with past adult content in The Walking Dead.

If they do Pulp Fiction, I just hope they don't make a mess of the licence like they did with TWD. Pulp Fiction will need full use of the audio assets from the film, TWD custom hillbilly will not do, the film and many of its scenes are just too iconic.

2 weeks later
#615 2 years ago

Aerosmith is already here, so that leaves
Star Wars
a Vault Edition?
Elivra 3

Will that wrap 2017 up

#618 2 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Really? I didn't hear anything about it being in production now. I just thought they announced that it would be a future release and that it was currently in development. I attended the George Gomez talk and he said in an off-hand remark that Elvira 3 is probably a year out at this point. He said it in a way that sounded like he was just guessing or speculating, not that he was certain about that.

Well we have Aerosmith currently in production and shipping, Star Wars maybe next, so what else for the rest of the year? Usually something has leaked out of Stern regarding new releases and other than the SW rumours/leaks, Elivira was the only other rumour, so we might see a VE sometime this year? and Elivira at the end of the year?

#622 2 years ago

More and more people coming out the wood work saying they would like a F&F pin, we could be good to go o-din

2 months later
#681 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I suspect that Guardians of the Galaxy would sell like hot cakes if done well. Think about it, great movie soundtrack(s), dancing Baby Groot, plenty of cool villains, a mode on all the derogatory names Rocket Racoon has been called: vermin, fox, triangle nosed monkey, puppy, raccoon, rat, etc. Their prison stay would be great, Rocket fighting the Ravagers, definitely a Sovereign battle mode, and something about the power Stone, just as a few quick thoughts. Lots of comedy for a change.

If Guardians comes next it would be Trudeau if I have my designer rotation in my head correct, if he could design a world under glass like he did with GB, but without that flipper gap or maybe not so brutal (my kids find it no fun they are 6 and 4) then he would knock Guardians out of the park, the licences is screaming out for the same bright treatment and packed playfield he delivered on GB just make a teeny tiny bit friendly for kids

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Plz no more hard rock and Marvel.

Something tells me you might be disappointed with the next couple of releases listed above.

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Something tells me you're right, but there's still wishful thinking.
Whereas my bet is that I'll be right for the next release, wich I suppose to be The Beatles. That would be a must have for me BUT in the poll Ka-Pow Pinball did they're namingly only asked about "Beatles: Yellow Submarine"... wich is a song I don't particulary like and a movie that I watched as a child an thought was absolutely horrible.
I'd "like" to see other iconic music despite rock, for instance Michael Jackson. Or more DC comics, like "Superman". That'd be still the same formula.
Personally I'd love them to make a new BTTF, Turtles or *cough* My little Pony.

Rumour has it Beatles licensing is mega expensive, it probably would be Ka-Pow/SLE release for Stern to even be able to afford the rights, I have read articles saying single songs have cost in excess of $100,000 to be used once on shows

BTTF would be an awesome pin for someone to do and do it justice second time round, I would be on that from day one although I have someone other than Stern in mind who I would like to see do BTTF as a Trilogy pin.

#689 2 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Iron maiden or Exorcist ... Please !!!
And of course , With Lyman on codes

Exorcist would be cool, be the first machine that would need a fog machine and slime maker aimed at the player

Mike Oldfield's Tubular bells playing with the lights down low oh yeah! Been a long time since we had a horror themed pin, what was the last Freddy?

#700 2 years ago

Wonder Woman is a great movie (DC where clever on this one and set it up as their version of Captain America:First Avenger) easily the best DCEU film by miles and it would be great to see it as a pin, but I would wait until the sequel (which is being made by the exact same team of people) so there is more material and assets to use on the new LCD, more Wonder Woman is never a bad thing

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

She is stunning. And the move was fantastic. I might see it twice at the cinemas and I never usually do that. I think they will definitely make a sequel and shift the DCEU slate around to make it happen sooner rather than later. A pinball machine will hopefully follow.

Gal was superb as WW and the movie was excellent it has finally put the DCEU on track to rival MCU someday (I didn't like BvS & thought SS was one of the worst superhero movies in a long time, so pretty big compliment for WW that I liked it so much)

I plan on going to see it again I think everyone who enjoys it should see it twice and give WB a clear message this is the quality we all want from DC going forward. The WW cast and crew are all contracted to do a sequel sounds like its going to happen from the buzz just need the box office numbers to be good and so far they look really positive! They would be stupid not to change the slate around to accommodate a sequel, Marvel have shifted their slate several times to accommodate demand for sequels - Antman 2, Spiderman Homecoming, Guardians2.

Would love to see a Justice League pin, hopefully Joss Whedon can pick up where Zack Synder left JL and a great movie is released, would make an awesome pin.

#724 2 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Killer ZY! Working on Slayer now! And Maiden for 2018! Woot! Both bands are on tour right now promoting their recent albums. So it is an ideal time to release their pins. Holy smoke the game room is gonna be rockin'!

Aren't the rumours for this years remaining releases thet maiden is a release for this year? Anyone know more?

1 month later
#735 2 years ago
Quoted from Gravity:

I think Stern is going to play it safe with titles like Fast & Furious, Guns N' Roses, Guardians of the Galaxy, Jurassic World, etc. Maybe they will surprise us (like they did with Ghostbusters) with a great theme like Back to the Future, Goonies, Harry Potter, or Jaws.

I'd love to see a Fast & Furious pin from someone, will save me a tonne of time doing a re-theme

Guardians - yes please
Jurassic world - yeah go on then
Back to the Future - instant buy!
Jaws - instant buy!

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think Mustang started as a Fast and Furious pin, but when the deal couldn't get worked out it became Mustang.

I heard that rumour but no idea if it was true, didn't hear it from the usual guys that are in the know.

If it is true then it worked out for the best, mustang is a good game but no way would it have done the Fast franchise any justice, F&F needs a pretty loaded playfield for all the action scenes that would be awesome in a pin

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I would like an update BTTF. Done right tho. With a nice topper.

It would have to have a flux capacitor, speedo, time circuits and a ramp with led fire tracks that could light up. Come to think of it there is so much iconic stuff in BTTF it would have to be a loaded playfield - gotto be a JJP game.

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I thought LOTR was Whitestar?

Correct LOTR runs on whitestar.

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

from what I've heard it's Guardians of the Galaxy or Pulp Fiction

Rumour is Pulp Fiction is Mark Ritchie but up next it's Elwin, GOTG with Elwins Archer layout has been posted more than a few times on the forums as a strong rumour which has the potential to be Sterns best game to date imo Keith's layout is just awesome.

#759 2 years ago
Quoted from ita47:

Did I miss something? Did Stern hire Mark, or does someone have their wires crossed?

I don't know, it's just what I have seen posted on Pinside.

#763 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Can someone post a pic of the Archer layout?

Check out the pinball news video from Expo 2016

#765 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yup. Except when it isn't, like Batman '66.
Stern seems willing to re-theme a game to extremes and move platforms. Let's hope they do it again sometime......without the '66 pricing fiasco.

That might be a one off, right place at the right time, BM66 was originally scheduled to be BDK vault, the chance to use the 66 licence popped up last minute.

This is only my opinion but I guess to take advantage of all the HD video and audio assets used in the slot machine, they scrapped the vault and jumped onto the new system.

3 weeks later
#844 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Whatever.the game is looks like Batman66 artist Chris Franchi did the art for it. He will be doing a seminar at Expo this year with Greg Feres. He says he will hopefully be revealing his new Stern game art at expo.
Let the speculation begin.

Wonder if they did Elivra 3 together?

#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I f—king hope not. Elvira damn well better be Freres doing his thing.

My thoughts exactly, but other than Elivra I can't imagine what Franchi might be doing, any thoughts?

Quoted from arcademojo:

I couldn't up vote your comment enough so sending hugs and kisses!
It has to be Feres and only Feres!

Freres, c'mon man it's Freres

#862 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I'm thinking it's the next Kapow title or The Beatles Trudeau pin.

I thought the rumour is the next Kapow is The Beatles?

Quoted from Rockytop:I'm hearing it's Guardians of the Galaxy, designed by Borg.

I thought GOTG was going to be Keith Elwins game and Iron Maiden Trudeau?

#864 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I was hoping it was Keith, but that's not what I heard today. Who knows, the info could be wrong.

If Guardians is next then by normal rotation Trudeau should be up before Borg. After some major leaks GB, AS, SW, Stern are managing to keep the next couple titles release order quiet.

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Sorry, or=aka.
If Trudeau is on Beatles, I can't see how he's on GotG so soon, and I heard that someone else was doing that one though I can't remember who offhand.

I'd heard and seen posted here on Pinside in various threads GOTG is Keith Elwin, Maiden Borg, Kapow Beatles Trudeau, but who really knows other than Stern....

3 weeks later
#891 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Quite sure it's gotg with Borg ropp. Iron maiden isn't even close yet.

I heard GOTG was Keith's Archer design? It would suck to have Lonnie involved with GOTG that's a licence that would benefit from some creative and fun coding.

#896 2 years ago

GOTG would be a great theme but part of me would like to see that put on hold until the 3rd film is out, more movie assests to use for more modes.

Would also like to see another attempt at an Avengers pinball, what with the 2 infinity war (avengers) films coming, a pin based on both could be epic!

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone know if the sound track from the movie will be on GOTG?
It has to be, right?

It would be a massive miss if GOTG didn't come with the films soundtrack, ST didn't have its OST but luckily we have pinball browser for times like those.

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man thats a lot of licensed classics right there, I hope so but it won't be cheap.

Wouldn't the licensing be for the GOTG film and all it's content? Disney obviously licenced everything for the film so would that not put all the music under the same umbrella?

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Doesn't work that way. Disney wouldn't have the right to transfer the license for each song to a third party. Would have to be relicensed from the original artist (or record company depending on who owns the rights). Even actors in the movies have to generally sign off on their likenesses being used.

I wasn't sure that's why I asked, if Stern do drop the cheapo ball on the licence at least we have Pinball Browser to put it right.

Going off SW it looks like Stern might realise that full audio/visual is a must now they have gone to the LCD. I would just like to see a packed licence and a packed playfield this time round for GOTG.

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's what pinball browser is for. Put whatever songs in there you want.

I disagree Pinball Browser isn't there so Stern or anyone else for that matter can simply cheap out on a licence knowing we can fix there short comings.

I do agree though that it is a great tool to have for customising your games and a huge bonus to the community as it allows us to correct any licence skimping - ST, TWD.

#929 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

If it's GOTG, will it be based on the movies and the vault edition will be based on the comics? Like they did on Spiderman?

The movies took a comic property barely anyone had heard of and made GOTG a global phenomenon, the comics are probably still under most casual (MCU) movie goers radars.

Spider-Man is in a league of his own with Batman & Superman. Once Homecoming 2 is out I wouldn't put it passed Stern to do another vault of Spidey though with the MCU Spidey/Tom Holland this time around.

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

DRAX must must must be doing call outs. And he must laugh at you every time you do something wrong.

Custom quotes by Dave/Drax or an indistinguishable sound a like!

"Nothing gets past my flippers........ my reflexes are too fast!"

#975 2 years ago

Biggest question who will be on code!? If Borg is now up next (must have been some changes made to the designer rotation) will it be a Lonnie / Borg combo? Would be awesome to learn Lyman is on GOTG as Elvira is a while off.

#977 2 years ago

I saw the rumour Beatles was Trudeau's next game, probably been a change or two in releases what with troubling news that broke regarding John.

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Been saying it for a while. Gotg franchi Borg. No need to wait. There are some units already built. Glad it's Borg too. Won't be a stripped down pro as much. His pros are always worthy.

Quoted from John1210:

maiden is quite a ways off

Since you seem to know what's what who's going code with Borg for GOTG?

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I'm not your mother. You're an adult? I'm partly confident that you can find out everything for yourself right? If not then don't air sarcasm on other people's predictions from behind your keyboard. Or get more resourceful. You pick.

Nope not my mother, she's smart enough to be able to tell the difference between a genuine question (what I asked) and a sarcastic one.

I have heard rumours for months GOTG was going to be using Elwins Archer layout it's even been posted in this thread by a couple of different people, you appeared to know something different, I was genuinely curious what you knew/had heard, hence my question.

And just for the record if I was being sarcastic I would have added

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Ugh. Lonnie??! Way to ensure GotG software will never be fully fleshed out. Hype meter down. I hope you're wrong, mom.

That's why I asked in the first place, I was hoping Johns response would be anyone but Lonnie, certainly taken some of the excitement out of GOTG for me.

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What ever happened with the rumor of Angry Birds? I still think Angry Birds would be awesome if done right. Very colorful and it would appeal to the younger generations. With the new LCD, it could be a winner?

I have heard that Stern buy up a lot of licences that never get used/see the light of day. Jurassic World was another licence I saw mentioned a lot at one point. Guess licensing doesn't cost that much if a company can afford to sit on a few at a time and never use them!?

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Resident Evil was mentioned for years....Fast and the Furious also.....

Someone posted a while back Mustang was originally going to be Fast and Furious but Stern couldn't or didn't get the licence for whatever reason, no idea how much truth is behind that but I remember reading it as I was disappointed at the time because I would buy a Fast & Furious pin in a heartbeat!

2 weeks later
#1069 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So it seems more likely now that there will be no new game info at Expo. Sounds like they may need to slow down releases now that they are Short 1 game designer. I would actually expect that this could push up a Vault game sooner, e.g. Tron, to help spread out the development effort across the team.

Hasn't Tron been the 2018 VE rumour for a while now? AC/DC & Tron are the only two titles that have been selling over their NIB prices for the last couple years, now AC/DC has been done this year, Tron seems to logical next VE.

Although I would love to see TSPP rerun as a VE.

#1072 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The used prices on TSPP aren't really in vault territory, though. If they DO vault TSPP, I would love a ROM update that allows you to disable the "D'oh" in the mode where Homer keeps doing it.

TSPP is more wishful thinking on my part more than anything else.

AC/DC & TRON are the two that make the most sense due to used prices being higher than NIB, which now leaves TRON as the only obvious next choice.

#1075 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wow....TSPP would definitely generate some excitement wouldn't it?

I'd be in line for one!

Thing is after TRON VE, what's the next title going to be? MET VE seems too soon, AC/DC & TRON where the two titles that where selling over their NIB prices, so it TRON does come next year there's no other titles demanding more than new in the used market.

LOTR is popular still but there where a lot of those made, Simpsons is still popular and current, another SM (homecoming/MCU) VE, other titles like CSI, 24 have seen their best years behind them, although they could be re-themed vault editions similar to BM66 just without the silly price tag.

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I have to say if they re-release Tron I will not be buying anymore new Stern machines. ever.

I just brought a NIB Tron LE, for more than its NIB cost, before I brought it I had heard strong rumours Tron will be the 2018 title to see a Vault Edition release, honestly that didn't put me off at all.

I wanted an original and I wanted an LE, if the VE is awesome or has an updated LCD I may even buy one of those, so I would disagree VE releases will damage any of Sterns core custom.

What will damage Sterns core custom/supporters is continued radio silence, lack of communication and minimal to non existent code support, VE so far seem to be a success with us as customers and for Stern as a whole.

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It doesn't hurt Stern at all. Pinheads buy what they like and those that own an original AC/DC or whatever will just sell their original game and buy a vault edition if it intrigues them enough. Like I said, I LOVE the vault editions because there are games that I have missed out on that I would love to own someday. I say bring them on!

Damn right, now hurry up Stern with my TSPP VE

#1108 2 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If they add Marge/Lisa to the audio I'd probably bring a hundred candy bars to the factory tour for the workers & hug everyone.

I have never played TSPP in a home environment so I have never heard the audio, didn't realise Marge and Lisa where not in the games audio, can pinball browser not be used on whitestar games?

I am currently looking for a nice TSPP, but I would buy a TSPP VE with LCD in a heartbeat.

#1110 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I'm not worried. I'm sure my beat up routed Simpsons will still be worth more than your LCD screen, mint condition VE

Good, because what would you have to worry about

Vault Editions don't hurt the original games unless those original releases are in high demand or/and commanding silly money on the used market, then all that happens is the pricing levels itself out a little back down towards sensible numbers, that's why we have seen VE of SM, IM, ACDC and it is why I believe TRON is likely next.

I am currently on the hunt for a nice TSPP and a VE will probably never happen but if it did there would be plenty of people interested, myself included, but I am pretty sure there would still be as many equally as interested in the original or either.

#1112 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I was joking about it lol. The VE would definitely be worth alot more than my tspp with a faded cabinet. I bet they would look nice.
Tspp imo is Stern's best game. Iwould definitely buy tspp VE. $5500 shipped sounds fair to me

I don't know vault editions haven't really had much effect on originals values, some don't like the VE at all and prefer the originals, others don't mind either. And faded cabinets aren't the deal breaker they once where with decals available from multiple soruces, its a funny market at the moment, that's for sure, one thing we can be sure on, is that a TSPP VE would probably be more like $8500

1 week later
#1119 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They need to, they have how many games now that need software?

From their seminar/talk which was embarrassingly weak, George confirms/admits his code studio is working around the clock and from a comment along the lines of "even at late hours if you drive past the factory there is usually a light on in the code studio" suggest their often working out of hours, which aint fair on those guys.

#1124 2 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I don't know what the next machine will be but the game has just been upped by JJP....

JJP raised the game on their debut with WOZ and they raised it again with DI, Stern haven't responded other than raise their prices.

If Stern continue with stripped down games going forward, more important than ever they code games to the absolute max.
They have been complacent for far too long.

How long has JJP been around? I haven't seen Stern come out with a jam packed game other than GB and as for code that issue is worse than ever, Gomez said as much at Expo, his code studio cannot keep up and are already working flat out!

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yeah they admit the software team is overworked and the global pinball market is growing. Why doesnt Stern just hire more coders? I guess they appear to be okay with the current status quo since they said nothing about how they were going to improve code development going forward.

Only two answers they are still being complacent or overly confident they can continue to over promise and under deliver and not loose customers/their delusional 90% market share.

I really hope they pull their heads out their asses because the talent under the Stern roof is capable of making phenomenal games.

1 week later
#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Moi, d'autres acheteurs sévères, c'est pareil. Le code est toujours un problème. Ne les empêche pas de vendre des jeux.

True that has been the case the last couple years, but things have got much worse on the code front and patience for code get shorter and shorter as prices get higher and higher.

1 week later
#1178 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think this is the most likely scenario especially since Lyman is doing the code for Elvira. Stern can't afford to have him on two back to back projects that release with minimal code. Besides, launching Elvira near Halloween makes the most sense from a marketing standpoint.

So Stern will release it at Easter then?

#1183 2 years ago

Likely!
But will it feature the Archer layout?

I hope not, Keith and his Archer layout need an monumental/epic theme, seems a waste on a music pin for all the gadgetry, shots and mechs he put into it.

1 month later
#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Jurassic World hasn't been mentioned for a while, but new movie is coming out in 2018. This would fit well with the 2 year period when people start mentioning rumoured titles.

I remember hearing Jurassic World was locked in at Stern a year or two ago, with the new movie coming next year would be a perfect time to get that one out specially if they have paid for the licence and have it locked in.

2 weeks later
#1302 2 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I cannot imagine Stern doing Deadpool properly. Too vulgar, not family-friendly...unless they make simply turn it into "silly Deadpool". yuk.

They managed to do The Walking Dead properly, dots where awesome and very graphic, artwork packages are not exactly family friendly either, other than the bad hillbilly voice, I think Stern knocked TWD out of the park.

If they take the same approach with Deadpool, graphic but playful graphics on the LCD with the movie footage or fully re drawn screens, get the humour right from the films and some of the comics it would be great, Stern can do this theme justice, but yeah they could always f**k it up too, but TWD shows they are more than capable of doing it justice.

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's sad as it's not Borg, but Stern as all other designers get one to two years while Borg is putting out two a year. It's not right. When Borg gets time we get Tron, Metallica, and Twd.
On this rushed schedule we get Kiss, Aerosmith, and GOTG which are all way too similar.

While I agree Borg seems to get rushed at times, there is a good chance GOTG is similar to MET in layout and code (although Lonnie does like to keep his code fairly familiar game to game) because of the JT situation.

Wasn’t the game JT was working on (Iron Maiden) supposed to be next up? It’s possible when that all came to light Stern needed a new game ready for production almost instantly so Borg went with one of his most recent/popular layouts - CAD, tooling, majority of parts etc readily available what with MET still in production, tweaked it as much as he could and that was it time up.

2 weeks later
#1353 2 years ago

Maiden, Elvira & Beatles!? Guess that gives me 12 months minimum to save up and build up the pin fund.

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

yea, I would think this is going to irritate some people

Quoted from Stones:

I'm actually surprised they are rerunning it. That seems to be the most rare version...

I was having a small break from the hobby when AC/DC was released, was Luci marketed/promoted as a limited edition?

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That really sucks if there is nothing prior to April.
Hard to see it being a 3 machine year plus a vault/Kapow title.

I guess Luci is plugging the gap from now until April.

It does suck that we have to wait till April as I am very excited to see what Keith has in store for his game, his Archer layout looks very interesting and fun to shoot, would love to see that layout go into production but equally excited if it’s something new.

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

If the next game really is Keith Elwin’s, he will supposedly be creating the ruleset himself.
Keith mentioned this last year on his Pinball Profile interview:
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-20-keith-elwin-7x-worlds-greatest-pinball-player_98431
Hopefully, plans haven’t changed since then. I’m sure he will have other coders on his team to help transcribe his ruleset into the actual code language.

Should be good if he’s doing his own code, he sure knows what makes a good pin!

Plus I believe he has been helping/working with Lyman on BM66 and the code on that game has gone from box of lights to awesomeness and it’s getting better and better with each code update!

#1433 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Nobody's saying that about Batman '66 anymore....code updates have been trickling out and more video content added.

Thank Lyman for that as well as special mention to Keith who several people have said has been working with Lyman on the code for BM66.

As for the audio and video content, it appears to be one of the best and most complete license deals Stern have done in a long time, it appears they have access to all 120 episodes from the original series.

2 months later
#2102 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

My distro just called and asked if I was sure that we want to pass on Iron Maiden LE. I was first on the list for an Iron Maiden LE when I found out that Stern bought the licence 3 years ago. With all my strength I said yes.. pass on Iron Maiden LE. First pass since Kiss LE in 2015. What a hard decision!..
BRING ON THE MUNSTERS!

Grab a Premium, is the LE really that much better than the Premium? You can upgrade a Premiums speakers, unless foil decals blow your mind then there’s that.

Even the Pro on this release looks f’in awesome, it’s packed with pinball goodness and puts the last couple of Prem/LE releases to shame.

#2110 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm shocked they didn't do Jurassic World.
Fast Furious would be dumb for same reasons as WWE - fanbase isn't rich 50 year old white men.

If Guardians and Deadpool (after one movie) are viable then I don’t see why Fast & Furious wouldn’t be, Guardians can’t have more (rich men) interest in it than Fast & Furious?

I know I took my kids to see Guardians and every other marvel movie, but haven’t with any of the Fast movies, F&F isn’t really one for the kids so those movies are making billions at the box office without the kids/family bump something like Guardians gets.

Then again I am biased as I would buy a F&F pin. But as always Ben I am interested in hearing your take on things, has the licence been snapped up by Stern or anyone else to your knowledge?

#2113 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

F&F isn’t happening.

Heard that 3 years ago about Maiden

1 week later
#2148 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Whaaaaa! Is that a real picture? Am I the only one who noticed she has yellow teeth surrounded by white teeth. How does that happen? Look up fellas!

Teeth? I didn’t even realise she had teeth

2 weeks later
#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

C'mon Stern make me a Jurassic World Pinball already-sheesh
» YouTube video

+1 and a must buy as long as there is an updated Dino mech that eats balls (take the previous JP mech and modernise/advance it) would be awesome to have a magnet hold a ball and the giant water Dino comes out the playfield and wraps around the ball like a Venus flytrap, raptor cage that locks multiple balls and most importantly licensed movie video and audio.

#2185 1 year ago

The amount of money Infinity War is making I would be shocked if we don’t see another Avengers pin in the near future.

The film is printing money for Marvel/Disney, on opening night it was making $73,611.11 a minute!!

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Does anyone know who will be designing and coding The Munsters?

Mark Ritchie would be the best choice imo, he knows how to handle a quirky licence and has done some of the most unique playfield designs out of anyone else, plus if it’s like BM66 and boutique pricing then based on Marks previous games he will also deliver plenty of bang for your buck!

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from chet218:

If Deadpool is up next, any thoughts on who the designer will be?

Didn’t someone who had supposedly seen the playfield design post a while back saying it looked very Gomez like??

4 months later
#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Best I can piece together, this should be the order of Stern games through the end of 2019.
Fall 2018 - Munsters. This is currently the worst kept secret in Pinball
Winter 2019 - Beatles. Not 100%, but the rumors are strong on this one.
Summer 2019 - Steve Ritchie's unlicensed game. Ritchie has said on more than one occasion that his next game is unlicensed, and that he's having a blast making it. Summer 2019 would be two years since Star Wars, and approximately Ritchie's turnaround time.
Fall 2019 - Elvira 3. Cassandra Peterson and Dennis Nordman revealed this game was in the works at TPF 2017, and Gomez confirmed it at TPF 2018. A fall release makes sense for this theme (ala Munsters this year) and Cassandra has also mentioned this date recently. Set phasers to kill, I think this one is a lock for next fall.
Of course, there will be a VE next year, and always the chance of a home or boutique pin as well.
What do you guys think? Solid guesses, or malarkey?

But where does Brian Eddys game fall in your predictions? Before or after Steve’s next game?

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Beatles is pretty likely in Q1 2019

That’s all but been confirmed at this point by those in the know, I’m more interested in when we will see Steve’s game and Brian’s especially now that JAWS rumour has popped up again.

#2410 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Hoping the leaked pics (Munsters) are fallible or improved upon dramatically...

I thought the Premium art was fantastic!

I under the thinking behind the LE and it works for the theme but that Premium would look great next to a BM66.

#2427 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My question isn’t what it’s who?
What pin is Lyman coding? That’s the one I’m interested in

Maybe Richie’s unlicensed game to push the interest and sales of it to all us collectors?

Brian Eddy will likely do his own rules and code like he has in the past, although I’d love to get Lyman on his game get the old AFM team back together

#2449 1 year ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm not sure what you mean by that line... but let say this Disney didn't do Star Wars Fox did,

Disney have owned Lucasfilm & subsequently Star Wars since about 2012.

Stern worked with Disney on the latest SW game and that is on going with Stern still trying to get final approvals from Disney for the SW topper.

#2451 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

everybody likes jaws.

Very true!

F135BC7B-CD9B-46B0-97F5-D9C3AE2B4F06 (resized).jpeg

#2452 1 year ago

I’ll take a reworked Transformers G1 Vault Edition

#2457 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Even though the rules aren’t great, I’d buy one NIB in a heartbeat. Even if it’s just The Bumblebee movie because, Soundwave.

I’d take one but it would need to be reworked (like BM66) so not a straight up vault, make the layout better, make the code better with a G1 reskin or even this bumblebee movie licence will do.

In the trailer you can see G1 inspired Optimus, Bumbleebee, Soundwave, Starscream those alone are good enough for me to give this movie a chance, hopefully soundwave and starscream have their icon voices, finally they look like transformers only took them 5 movies to work it out

#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Looks like shockwave is in it also.

From the trailer you get to see Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Soundwave & Ravage, Shockwave and if I’m right about the jets all being Decepticons Starscream (hope he has his classic voice!), Blitzwing, Thundercracker, Dirge, Ramjet.

1 month later
#2513 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

unless it's the long-rumored Spike version of LotR (which I would totally buy).

+1 sign me up!

1 month later
#2599 1 year ago

Bond is being thrown around a lot recently.

I’d definitely be interested in a new Bond pin.

2 weeks later
#2657 11 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

If they really do vault Simpsons it HAS to have LCD with stock footage and original animations.

TSPP & LOTR both have some of the best dots in pinball, the biggest improvement they could give to both of those games with a Vault Edition is modern quality sound and modern hi res art!

#2660 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Yes if they wanted to improve on them and provide added value. I’d suggest the color dmd too. Another option is to keep things the same.

I think they would need to improve aspects of the game if they wanted buyers, I certainly wouldn’t buy a VE of either if they where identical to the original releases. But improved sound and art that are up to modern standards I’d be very interested.

I also don’t think they have ever kept things the same have they, other than STVE?

#2662 11 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How about Baaabeeee shark do doo do do de doo do. Maaaama shark do doo do do de doo do...... now that’s a shark song.

709A259F-1956-41A4-9229-3CC345054183.gif

3 months later
#3268 7 months ago
Quoted from sven:

To me, Jurassic World was a boring movie, but I hope they can make a great pinball with the theme.
Jurassic Parc was nicely done with the ball eating dinosaur as a good toy.

Just like with Shadow it wasn’t a great movie but the pin is one of the best ever made imo, I just hope if Stern do another JP pin they try to out do the previous two and don’t just give us a T-Rex bash toy with a magnet in front of it.

#3270 7 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Jurassic World 3 isnt set to release until summer 2021 but Universal Studios is opening a Jurassic World ride this summer and is rumour to have a short film coming out this summer as well.
https://movieweb.com/jurassic-world-3-shooting-secret-ireland/

Base the pin on the first JW that was pretty entertaining, the second one Fallen Kingdom started off well enough but by the 2nd and 3rd act was utter garbage if they go even more out there with the 3rd it’s likely going to be Jurassic World: In Space.

#3275 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's around. I don't know why Stern is taking so long though. It will obliterate sales numbers on all other vaults because of the jankiness of the original LotR that Spike will fix (and the addition of color and shaker support). It would be great (althought probably too much to ask) if they had the playfield redrawn like Spiderman Vault to have actual ART instead of a photoshop collage. But even without that, it has huge potential for sales. Probably would eclipse sales of some of the first-run games, too.

Maybe they are going full lcd with it? I’m interested either way but upgraded sound and full lcd would be incredible.

1 week later
#3315 7 months ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I asked Gary in person 3 years ago... he said the collectors market is perfect for it but the location market isn't.

Sounds a little similar to Munsters, with the exception under 30s actually know what BTTF is.

Paging Gary, stop talking silly and make us a kick ass BTTF pin.

#3337 7 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Well I guess I’m buyin nothing for the rest of the year. Bit snoozy for me. I’m sure a lot will love it but I’m out.

Snap! Could make a good game from Jurassic World but I’d prefer a new Jurassic Park pin with lcd, the original film has aged well and it’s vastly superior to Jurassic World and the less that’s said about Fallen Kingdom the better.

1 month later
#4049 6 months ago

Edit: pics doing the rounds are not of Sterns release, roll on Thursday!

3 weeks later
#4349 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes December
I'm hearing distributors have been told by Stern to expect another big release December timeframe. Who knows if true...

Wow that will make it a big year for Stern, what have we seen so far this year from them, Munsters, BKSOR, JP2, so there’s 3 cornerstone releases.

Will Elvira be marketed as a cornerstone or a studio/contract game doubt it will be KaPow as I don’t think Joe has had anything to do with it.

Definitely be interesting if Stern do squeeze out another cornerstone or vault at the end of the year, talk about showing who’s the big boy in the yard, maybe that’s exactly the reason for it?

#4352 5 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

End of the year Elvira, wich supossedly isn't a 3-tier cornerstone game.
But still a big title/ full release.
January/CES about the next regular game.
So no contradiction here.

So December is Elvira and January is the next cornerstone?

Might be crossing wires here but that would be a contraction to delt31 who’s saying Elvira then another release (TMNT) in December..?

#4393 5 months ago

Subway multiball, few different entrances and exits, all linked and exits able to be randomised, so you don’t have an exact idea where the balls going to pop back out, shot those for your jackpots instead of the usual ramps and ornits - make it happen Stern

#4460 5 months ago

A sewer mech like the FBI mech on X files would work nicely with a subway system linking them all up. If TMNT is indeed next then it has to have a sewer/subway system seems a no brainier, left ramp from munsters also seems perfect as that looks like a sewer coming out the backboard.

2 weeks later
#4486 4 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Ghostbusters Premium please! The new code will stir up some demand.

Isn’t there already enough unsold stock out there? Still readily available here in the U.K.

1 week later
#4519 4 months ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Geez even the specs say "Gar goil"
The G O I L target are driving me crazy. Its gargoyle. Little things that hurt my brain lol

I spotted that but took it as a Sterns idea of a play on words as I thought the gargoyles are driven by a coil? No idea how the mechs work so that might be off but I like it anyway

#4520 4 months ago

Anyone who saw the distributor stream, where the accessories shown, mainly curious what the topper will be on this one!

#4532 4 months ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

My distro told me there IS NO optional topper on this one

Wow really? I’m surprised Stern won’t be releasing a line of accessories for this one especially a topper. Accessories are easy money for Stern, sell a SLE topper for $1000 and the queue will be around the block!

1 week later
#4571 3 months ago

Sewer shots like the FBI shot in x files would go well with the TMNT theme, skateboarding through the sewers and pizza, that’s what I remember from the show as a kid.

#4617 3 months ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

John Wick pinball would be an instant buy dream theme. I think John Wick would sell well because it's relevant attracting younger people also attracting older pinball players as they have seen it because it's a bloody action packed film.

I’ve wanted to a John Wick pin for a while now would love to see that, would need to be the spiritual successor to Ironman in the sense the game would need to feel like it’s physically fighting you, magnets and drops midplayfield, divetors on the ramp with dual buttons like shadow for super fast combos - take my money!

#4618 3 months ago

Little custom voicework “someone please get this man a pinball!”

CEB61C68-F997-45DC-8C63-B0C8FD26DE5A.gif
#4636 3 months ago
285E481E-A9E5-4758-BAB3-8A31ABAF21DD (resized).jpegAE7CA50A-752E-4E47-83A3-288A201ABB46 (resized).jpeg
#4640 3 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

A release each month?

Stern are flexing their production muscles I just hope they get their playfields sorted. Those SW comic versions look stunning.

#4644 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

They're vaulting star wars? What a complete waste. Although art does look much better
Sorry guys it's clear Tron is not happening

The problem with a Tron Vault might be less to do with Stern and more to do with Disney, I think Stern are well aware they could easily produce a Tron Vault and sell them at current NIB prices, it’s more likely not happened because Disney don't care all that much about TRON.

#4652 3 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Don’t think anyone expected these

#4656 3 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yes. Shiny new to distract from losing sales of cc failing. Cuz, you all know, reasons.

Stern ain’t stupid they know a new shiny release resets pinheads memories

#4658 3 months ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Serious question, did they finally finish and distribute the sw topper?

As far as I am aware it’s still not available to buy, although I’m sure they revealed the finalised topper and said it was awaiting final approvals before shipping think that was sometime at the beginning of this year.

#4660 3 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They need to slow the F down and QC this stuff.
Pooling
Chipping
Flaking
Peeling
Incorrect inserts
Rex not working
Helicopter hits guide
What else?
Pumping out new art while slowly responding or not responding to issues.

Art is easy, pinball is hard

#4714 3 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

The next pin is supposed to hit it out of the park

The tagline for every next release

#4737 3 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Probably because someone else beat them to the license.

Really I hadn’t heard anyone had gone for BTTF, go on......

#4802 3 months ago
Quoted from wlf_:

TMNT hint? Misdirection? Meaningless doodle?[quoted image][quoted image]

Where’s that from? Sterns Facebook?

#4834 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t really care to have Tom Cruise in my basement even as good as that movie was.

Give me a mission impossible pin with some cool mechs and Tom is welcome in my basement!

#4838 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Mission Impossible would be much better than top gun.

Definitely if the film footage was included there are some amazing scenes in the last few movies that would go nicely with a super fast layout.

#4841 3 months ago

Magnetic ball save between the flippers tied to the lockdown bar action button, take my money!

1BF0DEDC-368C-4BFB-AF72-6D3D05B4F460.gif
#4886 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

please let it be TMNT
I don’t need another pin right now. Hard NO for me!

Ice we both know as soon as you see that Brian Eddy layout your in for an LE

#4950 3 months ago

If it really is TMNT I hope it’s a subway extravaganza with a few pop up manhole covers just re-use the FBI pop up mech from xfiles.

#5009 3 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It's either that or "Stranger Things", I think they picked up S-Things license just to piss me off, I had mentioned anyone would do that license justice except them....but if Brian Eddy's is on it so the joke is on them.
PS: Judging by Dirty Donny's S-Things poster that he posted, I have to say he got the art wrong though.

I agree as much as his art worked so well for Met and Aerosmith, it doesn’t go quite as well with Stranger Things unfortunately Franchi would have been my choice for stranger things but he’s left Stern now.

#5018 3 months ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yes, I agree, if they had just used the material from the press junker it would have been stellar...Donny however went for a generic 80's thing, with the Camaro and a weird looking Demogorgon as the centerpiece, but I'm still hoping this was just him using his rejected ideas for a teaser.[quoted image]

If Stern can use whoever does the promo artwork for stranger things it will be stunning! Maybe the dirty Donny post was a red herring?

#5119 89 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Honestly, except for Back to the Future (which won't get done) and G1 Transformers, there's no themes really drawing me in this thread.

I’d be all over BTTF and G1 Transformers, wonder if Gomez would be down for doing a BM66 to his original transformers and knocking it out the park this time with a killer layout and code, his first transformers fell short imo.

#5127 89 days ago

As unpopular as it seems to be around here and I’m probably in the minority that likes the theme as a pin (probably something to do with being 33 and on the younger end of the collectors) but fast and furious would surely earn big on location the latest couple of films have been trash and I say that as a fan, seems like a no brainier though, car/heist theme for pinheads and a very popular for casuals on location, it’s a billion dollar franchise these days.

Then again I’d also love to see a John Wick pin or a SAW pin from spooky with a load of mechs/traps!

#5195 84 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

The buzz I'm hearing now is stranger things is next. Here's the order I'm predicting:
Stranger things
TMNT
Led Zep
I personally would be all over the first two.

Stranger Things by Brian Eddy would get my attention, although I think Brian would be perfect for TMNT too.

#5197 84 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I hope so.[quoted image]

Looks like a JJP pitch

Any other pics? Guessing it’s a virtual pin design?

#5233 83 days ago

Stranger Things is definitely a that should hit multiple age groups/generations, it’s a new enough theme to catch younger casual players on location and there’s buckets and buckets of 80s nostalgia for older players/collectors, hell if they throw in some neon lighting who here would honestly resist?

Growing up in the 90s I’d sure like to see some newer or bonafide classics that transcend generation after generation instead of all these niche old man themes we have been getting, at some point pinball needs to start attracting fresh collectors.

#5260 82 days ago

Should be cheap to get Fury Roads assets, Tom Hardy and the rest of the cast barely spoke but a few words so you only need to pay for the video and get a few sound a likes in for the various screams and grunts

#5276 82 days ago
Quoted from RoosterJuice:

Daft Punk would be amazing.

Technically Tron is as much a Daft Punk pin as it is a Tron pin, love the music on my TRON one of the best soundtracks on a pin!

#5291 81 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Honestly, I'm sort of surprised Stern hasn't jumped onto some of the younger trends in gaming and turned them into pinball machines. They missed the boat on Angry Birds (just like the last movie), but there are still some very popular games out there that millions of people play daily;
Fortnite
Call Of Duty
League of Legends
Magic The Gathering
Older themes that still might resonate;
Halo
Clash Of Clans
Roblox
Minecraft
Candy Crush
And of course the aforementioned;
Pokemon

But would any of those gamers who are not already pinball players/collectors drop 5-10k on a pinball themed around their favourite game series when there is either a new release or often an updated version dropped yearly for $50 a pop?

#5304 81 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Exactly, people bitch about old men buying games and the themes that come with it. Umm, unless there are a bunch of trustfund babies getting together and all the sudden buying pins, its the old guys buying pins and that is where the themes will be targeted. These "toys" are freaking expensive and no kid will be buying one anytime soon.

There’s a balance that can be found that will interest both the older crowd and the younger crowd like myself. Munsters and Elvira are flat out old men themes, no one I know under 35 knows who either of them are.

But that a classic theme that’s been handed down generation to generation like Predator, Alien/s, Terminator (Stern have already shown they will redo themes over and over) Die Hard, Robocop, Halloween most of these will resonate with older buyers as well as younger buyers because they are classics! Everyone I know and work with knows and loves all the above, there’s a reason Hollywood are still pumping out sequels to this day in those franchise, they suck yeah but they earn! Jurassic Park falls into this category it’s a classic but even my 8 year old loves it, plus it’s doing well on location from what I hear off pinside.

There’s also newer themes I think would earn great on location and still be brought up by older pin heads if the games kicked ass, John Wick (I don’t know a single hot blooded male that doesn’t like those movies) we are overdue another marvel of dc theme, fast and furious makes monster money add that too an all time great layout from Steve Ritchie and pinside would snap them up!

#5305 81 days ago
Quoted from Wakky:

How about you go into his office, ask the question then beware of his reaction.
Up to you.
But it's been mentioned here many times and common knowledge it's a NO.
Keep asking but this one has been out of question for a long time now.

Any particular reason Gary is so against it Wakky? He’s obviously ok with redoing themes from the past so is there a specific reason he’s against BTTF?

#5357 79 days ago
Quoted from bent98:

Stranger things is next and then TMNT.
TMNT will be the first stern to have network play.

Any idea who’s design Stranger Things and TMNT??

#5379 79 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

When Stern does dive deep as far as online and local link.
The Wifi component should be optional i.e. extra 50 bucks for the add on module. Give people the option would be a good move.
Bluetooth should be mandatory in Spike 3 , There is no reason to jump cost hardware wise.
The extra expense is in development/code.

Optional? Extra charge? I think prices are already high enough, they should be able to add Bluetooth and WiFi without another price hike or additional charges.

#5390 79 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes, I agree, NiB Prices are crazy .
The thought is that there is some backlash against web connectivity. So an easy option would be a simple solution (optional).
Framework, drivers can be on Spike 3 main board , just add on small pcb for web connect, simple, then everyone can be happy

I just don’t like giving Stern ideas that they can add optional charges to their features matrix, especially when Bluetooth and web connectivity are old tech for most other electrical manufacturing/sales industries, a simple on/off switch or setting in the games menu will allow those that want it on and those that don’t can turn it off.

Charging extra for what is essentially old/common place tech feels at odds to me, it’s new to pinball or it’s 10 years to late to pinball depending how you look at it.

#5415 78 days ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What is the estimated release date at this point for the next stern?

Let them take their time, if it is stranger things with Brian Eddy designing I need more time to save up for that

#5477 76 days ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

C'mon Stern, ideas and artwork are handed to you on a silver platter...

Layout is also on that platter I think the VP layout is pretty sweet sink hole up the centre of the upside down cool ramps and the Xmas lights, love the red neon highlights those are a must!

9D5B11D7-4999-4601-B83A-7E0B259EAA00 (resized).jpeg
#5484 74 days ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I can't believe how fully formed the VPX "Stranger Things" pin is. Art, video clips, layout, everything. I spent 2 days getting VPX setup, just so I could play STS. It was worth it though! Stern could easily make this pin if they had the license. Its basically fully formed. I get that they'd probably redo it, but if Stern just made it like this, or close to it, that would be awesome. Only thing I don't like about it, is that the orbits are hard for me to hit, and although the VPX physics are getting better and better, they are still a little lacking for me. Otherwise maybe CGC could make this, cuz the layout is very similar to AFM. Oh last thing, STS actually has a lower playfield that I enjoy, and that makes a lot of sense for the pin's story. And you're not stuck down there for ages like on Munsters. Plus, they do the whole reverse flipper thing, which isn't so bad since its only on the lower PF and the playfield is rotated 180 anyway.[quoted image]

Magnets like TAF and magna save between the flippers sync with video of 11 using her powers are a must!!

#5573 71 days ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Might be 3 of those in 2020....

You can keep Led Zep I’ll take one of each of the other 3! But Stranger Things needs hidden magents for randomness or at least a ball save between the flippers!

#5619 68 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Aaand nothing will change!

And why would it?

JP released with clear coat and art literally peeling off the playfield, Stern where silent, no one knew what was going on with the playfields or if they would get a bad one, yet people where still falling over themselves and each other to buy one.

#5640 65 days ago

Would personally love a TSPP vault/re-release.

#5687 62 days ago

All this talk about music pins, how big are Oasis in the US? I know some collectors in the states with 100,000 in Oasis memorabilia and collectors items, but those are the hardcore fans, how much of a general following in the states do they have?

2 weeks later
#5850 49 days ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It could also be done by changing the GI to dark blue and the lasers from ST Prem/LE (preferably in blue or green), perhaps some physical changes on the PF too (moving ramps, pop up items, subways opened for portals...etc.).

Agreed 100% I’d rather have physical changes to represent the upside down, than a small mini lower playfield.

Darken the GI and change the lighting perfect! Physical changes would be icing on the cake, great way to make the upside down physically feel and look different!

#5886 48 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think there are clips of Night of the Living Dead in the new Elvira pin. Apparently it's a public domain movie , maybe it could be a good fit for spooky . But I could be wrong .

Yeah I think Stern have done their NOTLD with the clips in Elvira. Give me Stranger Things and TMNT.

#5925 47 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Stranger Things is confirmed.

By who? Seem a rumour on another forum it’s going on the line Monday.

#5934 47 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Rick and Morty: Loosely based on and 80's movie with alternative twist.
Strangers Things: Based on life in the 80's with an alternative twist.
And these are supposed to be the pins that will bring the themes out of old man themes. LOL

Technically they aren’t old themes though, retro is the new new these days.

But I get the irony in that and what you where saying in your post

#5935 47 days ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Actually how funny would it be if Stern released Back To The Future re-make to go head to head with Rick & Morty.[quoted image]

Stern would steal me away from almost every other new pin release with a new BTTF.

#6053 43 days ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Mission Impossible would be cool. Ving Rhames callouts would be good.

I’d love a mission impossible along with a new bond pin, thought up ideas for both over the years and the MI films have gotten better and better with bigger box office returns, seems a no brainer.

Gotto have a magna ball save between the flippers for the computer room drop from the first film.

#6085 40 days ago

It will be Marcos stock at the prices they often charge for stuff I’m hardly surprised they have so much stock left.

#6106 38 days ago
Quoted from Venom77:

Well would almost agree,, but Stranger Things is only season 3 vs Walking Dead and however many seasons there are now and the show tanked. Anyhow keep in mind Walking Dead already had a huge following in the comic book realm.
The Walking Dead Pinball machine is fun, do enjoy that one for sure.

When Stern made TWD, the show was only on its 3rd season, maybe the 4th season was due to premiere the same year of release.

So it would line up identical with Stranger Things being 3 seasons in with 4th going into production/premiering next year.

#6121 37 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Run of Stranger Things before Christmas.

Running out of time for an announcement aren’t we? Although there was a rumour the new stern (Stranger things) went on the line this Monday, so until Stern leaks something or makes an official announcement who knows....

#6131 37 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This week is going to be fun.

Chuck... do you know something...?

#6142 36 days ago