Topic Stats

• 6,487 posts
  • 806 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 654 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
stern (resized).png
Stranger_Things_LE.jpg
80B0E8CD-0CF7-4E38-A3A7-29045F239119 (resized).jpeg
1A7295AC-EEDE-424A-AC41-AD8EE4C6AAB7 (resized).jpeg
F4D24AB5-6867-4E89-B33C-5C9EFE59F016 (resized).jpeg
7816E6E4-75DB-4ACE-BF63-58BC6E552426 (resized).jpeg
Weird (resized).jpeg
2bd3596680dc9bcd2f08280513edaa22 (resized).jpg
sexy_reptiles___creamy_donatello_rq_april_2join_in_by_alaer-d7iyph7 (resized).jpg
2CACCC99-7C1D-42AE-A540-3F839F8371E2 (resized).jpeg
a26fa99cf160b753518704c8de5f8acb (resized).jpg
D7D40B74-6E1A-47AC-AF03-06B37F186E49 (resized).jpeg
7F0C10C9-54DF-4B36-A494-CCB15CA7A669 (resized).jpeg
655C6BA2-1C0F-4014-93D0-00FA55C78105 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191223-132219_Kijiji (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4366 5 months ago

I want Led Zeppelin someday before I die!

#4396 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

I want to see something crazy like ST:TNG with numerous underground paths with diverters. IF it's really TMNT, it MUST have REAL SUBWAYS. I hope Brian Eddy has enough clout to make it happen.

Then check out ACNC! It has a real Subway system.Not as complex as STNG though.
e9fe20f5b8e2fd30703c29189dcd62766a0790f0 (resized).jpg

#4401 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Their el-cheapo roots as the also-ran compared to Bally/Williams designs are still showing through, even after all these years.

Well, what should we expect from a company that eliminated service rails from the Pro models up until Maiden? I spent $70.00 to install them on my ST! And that requires drilling two holes through playfield which would not sit well with a lot of people. I don't see how you could get to the back end of playfield to do anything without them. Unless of course, you pull the playfield out! WTF? Sheer genius!

#4405 5 months ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Left and got bought up. What a legacy. Tumbleweeds rolling at the old WMS building.
I'll take Stern's games any day over a 90's Williams game that looks like it's powered with a weak 9-volt battery.

LED lighting didn't exist then.

#4410 5 months ago

Hell, you see this lack of mechanical in the new JP2 pro. The original DE JP had a full animatronic T-rex that bends down and eats the ball! The pro doesn't even move it's jaw! Nodda! I don't expect it to have as much articulation as the Prem/LE version, but come on man! At least the jaw should move! But at least we got service rails! Oh the luxury!

#4417 5 months ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That's not an argument.
The Pro is the Pro. And whilst it is the thing you find on location nowadays it can't be compared to a 90's Bally/ Williams Game.
JP2 Premium das a pretty good job mechanicallywise.
It has a signature toy and some little ones around it.

Ya, I get your point, but it still doesn't seem right to me that the new JP pro doesn't at least have some movement to the T-Rex. It's not right!!!!! It feels like we're going backwards here! But there are so many other improvements to other aspects so...

4 weeks later
2 weeks later
#4590 3 months ago

For us Science Fiction readers, a Dune would be awesome! But I know it will never happen.

6925349_orig (resized).jpg
#4599 3 months ago

HR Giger inspired art work! Can you imagine how cool that could be? I know he died, but he left some finished Dune work.

jodorowskys_dune_images4_1020_verge_super_wide.0 (resized).jpg
#4628 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

After seeing some recent interviews with Gary Stern don't be surprised if they come out with a comercial virtual pinball machine.

Maybe, but virtual pinball isn't pinball. It's a video game. Same with VR pinball. I have them all. Got bored with them. Good for learning table rules though.

#4631 3 months ago

But he apparently dropped The Stern Pinball Arcade because there hasn't been a table release since Ghost Busters. And that was a long time ago. But check this out! The Oculus Quest FX2 VR tables look awesome! Much higher resolution than on my Rift. And the Quest doesn't require a PC, so no wires at all.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=zlDKU0YFUMY
See also...

*** I almost shit myself playing the Jaws table when that shark jumped out of the water and grabbed the side of the pinball machine!!!

#4661 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I didn't know Data East was designing pinball cab art still...lol

That was the first thing I thought! But it is better than Data East art.

#4685 3 months ago

Escape from New York world be great!

Dune.
Van Helsing.

#4706 3 months ago

No! Been waiting for a Led Zeppelin for ever!

#4707 3 months ago

I'm lucky to have both a SW pro and prem in the area to play. Love both. Great game and rule set! Another game that's a real challenge.

#4708 3 months ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

SW is one of their best on software and tactics level. Take it from someone whou bought the game and not at all into star wars

This.

#4719 3 months ago

Is the new Star Wars going to animate the LCD as well like on SMVE?

#4916 3 months ago

And Jersey Jack's next pin should be...
dBZHeWfSb3enPf2HELT04F3qQCh (resized).jpg

One guy said a lower playfield could be the basement of the Alamo. LOL!

#4932 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

they should put some whacked Scientology undertones on it too, dudes a f’ing weirdo.

You can say what you want about scientology, but there are some great people who practice it and they claim it's made them who they are. Chick Korea the genius jazz musician is one of them. So who am I to say?

#4935 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe great in their own mind but at the end of the day they aren’t in my circle so I don’t care. Weird shit period...

No, they're not great in their own mind, they are great in life and ultra successful. Weird shit, ya. So is religion of any type IMO. But apparently, it works for some.

#4940 3 months ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Zappa?[quoted image]

In Dweezil and Moon Unit editions.

#4970 3 months ago

I love my ST pro!

#4999 3 months ago

I would prefer to not come out the time tunnel at 88 miles per hour though! LOL!

#5040 3 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

If Stern made a Miami Vice pin...
I'd make a topper out of a bag of powdered sugar

If Stern made a MacGyver pinball machine, I'd make a bomb out of tampons and hand lotion.

#5044 3 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

They've done far too many old man themes this past year. It's time to look forward.

Older guys (like me) are probably the bulk of people buying machines. But Stranger Things was a fun show! I'm cool with that for a theme.... But would rather have Dune.

#5137 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just googled fb and Pinball paparazzi and I found the image but I'm not a member of that toxic shithole so I can't see the comments. What's the deal?

FB = Fuck Book. Consider yourself lucky!
I just got my long awaited ACNC today and it's Awesome! Pinball is fun!!!!

#5226 86 days ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Nope.
Mainly a show for people who grew up in the 80s.
Was reluctant to start it but actually really enjoyed it!

Ya, I watched it because of all the Pinside chatter about it. It was a fun show. Brings us back to being kids again I guess. Not much else to say about it. Nothing original IMO. I graduated in 82.

#5228 86 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Not funny, but man did that make me laugh

Speaking of the 80's, what about a The Day After 1983 pin?

#5231 86 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

You mean a, 1st of januari 84 pin?
Why?

you-so-funny-oh-nenegenerator-ner-oh-you-so-funny-52896130 (resized).png
#5257 85 days ago

Deliverance.

download (1) (resized).jpg
#5265 85 days ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I fear its a property that will get lost, in the franchise shuffle, like tears in rain.

Well said! I agree with all of that.
That's why we need DUNE!

#5269 85 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They are doing a re-make of Escape from New York...That is a pin possibility..

That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they don't F*** it up!

#5270 85 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Pinball was illegal due to NY Major La Guardia being Italian and pissed about prejudices against Italians being all Mafia/ the Mafia hurting the Image of the Italian people... so he got rid of that.

That still hasn't changed. Italians are always portrayed as Mafia in movies! We usually never whine about it either.
And I'm only 1/2 Italian and I'm not in the mafia. If i was, I'd have more than 2 pins LOL!

#5299 84 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Honestly, I'm sort of surprised Stern hasn't jumped onto some of the younger trends in gaming and turned them into pinball machines.

OK, I can see you are not a gamer. I was a PC gamer for decades! The fact is that gamers are the cheapest bunch I have ever seen! They bitch about spending $60.00 US on an awesome title. Example, Pinball FX2 VR. The entire package (all 12 tables) costs about $65.00. These are awesome! I have them all. And all you have to do is go read the reviews of gamers. They all piss and moan about how expensive it is, and they won't pay for it! This is why every cool technology that has come along in the last 15 years has died out. Example; nvidia 3d vision, Novint Falcon force feed back controller. The Novint Falcon was the greatest first person perspective controller ever invented. I had one with the pistol grip. Feeling the recoil of automatic weapons is needless to say, immersive! The company went bankrupt because apparently $184.00 was just too much for gamers to spend on their hobby, that mind you, they spend tremendous hours on!
As I type this on my 3d Vision display, nvida has stopped support for this awesome tech. You should have seen pinball in 3d vision! So it's no wonder to me that Stern isn't wasting time on gamers. Do you think these people are going to actually drop THOUSANDS on pinball machines?

** But with that said, I would love to see a DOOM table or a Duke Nukem or a Shadow Warrior amongst others!

#5324 83 days ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Yeah different scales for sure, but Daft Punk is pretty widely known and would attract a different customer than another Guns n Roses, Kiss, etc. Should we have a pin based on the show "Friends" cause it has a huge fan base? Purely going off numbers isn't a great way to choose the next theme IMO. Daft Punk's just a dream theme for me that I think would translate really well to a pin.

WTF is Draft Punk?

#5330 83 days ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

if they reserve the old-man-only themes (like Elvira + '64 Beatles) for premium/LE pricing, and keep putting out killer pro games (like Deadpool and Jurassic Park) that appeal to a wider audience on location. I just think they could be reaching even further with the 'young' themes.

Umm, I thought that is what's happening?

#5337 83 days ago

I'm all for some original themes like the old days! Time to screw the licenses and get creative I say! Jersey Jack did it with Dial In.
* I know collectors will never go for this.

#5352 82 days ago
Quoted from bent98:

TMNT will be the first stern to have network play.

Where did you hear this?

#5370 82 days ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I know TNA has co-op, but still its not a feature many games have. So that be amazing.

My Alice Cooper has co-op too! And 2 different modes of it. First mode all players team up against the machine. Second mode, player's 1 & 3 battle player's 2 & 4. Fun Fun!

#5371 82 days ago
Quoted from ChippyWonka:

Stranger Things is for queers.

Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Combine themes...Teenage Mutant Things ..or Stranger Turtles

How about Stanger Mutant, Teenage, Queer Turtles and Things!

#5374 82 days ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I bought TNA mainly for the co-op mode. I love being able to play pinball with someone and not always against someone. I truly do not understand why only Spooky games have co-op mode. If TMNT actually has co-op mode, that would be huge.

I'll tell you this. ACNC is the hands down greatest pin I have ever played! Never had a pin create ambiance like this pin. Shots take practice, but that's a perfect home pin. The artwork, animations, lights (All RGB) , music and sound are stellar! All modes are different and rules are fun and easy to learn. Much to do and more coming! If you like a horror theme, this is a masterpiece! As far as not high end, their build quality puts Stern to shame. Playfields are solid and problem free now with ACNC. They worked it all out. You have to play this game in a home where you can hear it! … F****** Awesome!!!!!!!!

#5391 81 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The shot geometry on ACNC is a big issue for me .
Also I am not a big fan of losing eye contact with the pinball on the top side of the playfield.

Shot geometry? Don't understand what you mean? Not all games are flow games. Bricked shots are because of inaccurate shooting. Play better! I bought this game exactly because it isn't another flow game like my ST pro. It's one reason why I love this game, it takes practice to get the shots down and when you make them, it's rewarding! It also has the best upper PF in modern pinball IMO! This game gets an unfair rap because people judge it in a public place after a few games. This isn't a pin you'll work out in a few games and why it's a good players pin for home use. And when you get this table rockin, it's awesome! Hiding the ball under the upper playfield and sculpts is actually an objective in one of the modes. The longer the ball stays hidden from view, the more points are awarded. It's cumulative until the count down ends. It starts with an 11 second countdown timer. If you make a shot and the ball stays hidden for say 2.7 seconds, it will count down from 11 sec to 8.3 sec and award points. The longer it's hidden from view, the more pointed are awarded. Unique feature and fun!

#5401 81 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Glad you like it.
There are lots of Spooky threads for you on pinside!!

Ya, but nobody argues about it there.

#5404 81 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I disagree that the geometry just needs to be learned by better players. I play very well, and the game, like Houdini, has geometry issues. They should have removed one of the shots to free up room or go widebody. Maiden has tough shots but also flow. Machines should have both. ACNC played like crap to me.

A agree widebody would have been cool! But might have made it too easy. But anyway, I really enjoy it. I can get flow going on some games. I like that it is challenging. I love the upper playfield shots too. And Houdini is a lot tighter as well. But to each their own.

#5443 80 days ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I consider myself an average player and while I struggle to make some shots on Alice C. I could see getting better with more time on it. Houdini is a dream theme for me and a beautiful machine but when I’ve played it all I do is brick shots. Makes me feel like a 10 year old playing Haunted House or Black Knight back in the day. So I guess I’m saying my opinion is Alice has minor geometry issues(I’d consider adding it to my collection) ,Houdini has major ones(I’d never get one), At least that’s how it is for me!!!

Yes.
It's not an Apple to Apple comparison. Also, I've notice ACNC has already improved my skills. Now when I play my ST, I am in better control of the ball than I ever was before.

Where is Led Zeppelin Stern?

#5464 79 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

This is quite the generalization. I have no idea why you would say this.

You're not giving F2P gamers enough credit. These are the people that drop $$$ on exclusive skins, and weapons. Professional LOL players make 6 figures.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2018/05/02/a-look-inside-riot-games-from-320000-player-salaries-to-using-esports-as-a-catalyst-for-sales/#3c3842832c6a
The above is an extreme example, but the money is there.

I was a gamer since the 80's. There are always the enthusiasts in every crowd. I already gave some examples of the cheapness of most gamers. Why do you think there is Free to Play now? So they can get e'm hooked and then push in game purchases (which I hate). Congrats to you for supporting the software developers! I wish there were more like you! I've seen many gamers who pirated everything they could get their hands on. In fact, it was much of the appeal years ago. Not as much anymore with online gaming etc. As I stated, I would like to see some gaming themed pins as well. Some would probably do quite well. But that's beyond my pay grade to make those decisions. I'm sure if Stern's think tank thought they would be big sellers, they'd consider it. Maybe they eventually will.

#5470 79 days ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I'm not enjoying the tone of your replies, or your unknowledgeable generalizations about me. I find it pretty disrespectful. I'll bow out of this thread and let you enjoy it.

Wow!

#5471 79 days ago
Quoted from SadSack:

It's gotten really crazy on this board. I vacationed from it for about 6 months and within a week being back, I was called and "old-school piece of shit" and an idiot for disagreeing with the herd. Perhaps my vacation wasn't long enough. I want to be on the board and meet some great people, but this board has some of the worst gamma weasels of any on the internet.. and that's saying something.
Back on topic, doesn't stranger things have some weird underworld that could be represented by a specific area or lower playfield?

I find his response unbelievable too! I tried real hard to be civil but to no avail! Forget the art of conversation. "Gamma weasel" LOL!

I agree! An upside-down lower playfield would be a must for the 'The Upside Down' alternate dimension!

#5472 79 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Problem with translating a video game to pinball is that it's ALREADY an interactive medium. You're not increasing the interactivity as you would by adapting a movie, rather you're DECREASING the interactivity because no pin - not even P3 - can have the depth potential of even classic games let alone modern hyper-budget stuff like Breath of the Wild, Red Dead Redemption or Skyrim.

Great point!
Never though about it that way!

1 week later
#5609 71 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have IM next to IMDN. The quality difference is absolutely insane. I can touch maiden with my pinky, and the whole machine shakes. I have to use both hands aggressively to do the same to IM. I wish Stern would reverse course on the cost cutting (bring back the older PSU with button in the right place, a knocker etc etc.) as I am sad that I can't support them anymore.
I guess this is a good time to ask: has anyone added weights into the cab of newer sterns?

That's why I bought an ACNC. Solid like the old days and perfect cc.

#5612 71 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

I'll take your poorly built Star Trek if you are unhappy with it

No, that one is built pretty good. It's the new spike 2's being talked about here. I notice a difference between them. My Spooky is more solid.
But I did spend $65.00 to install f'ing service rails on ST. That was cost cutting retardation! Glad enough people bitched and they no longer do this on Pro's.

#5615 71 days ago

Until people vote with their wallet, nothing will change.

#5618 71 days ago

Aaand nothing will change!

#5625 70 days ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I’ve heard the remakes from CGC have been really reliable on route? I hope this is true i just picked one up.

That's what I hear on Pinside and the one operator we have in town bought all 3 remakes (standard editions). I have played them many times and they seem solid for sure.

#5641 67 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would personally love a TSPP vault/re-release.

Or Tron or LOTR.

#5665 66 days ago

Aliens is one of my dream themes for sure!

#5669 66 days ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Did you play the limited run one anywhere?
A few are up for sale but 15k , no support/ parts if breaks down we are in big trouble....bummer.

I played it at Ann Arbor Pinball Museum Showcase last year. Not enough to rate it. But I will tell you that IMO, it was the most awesome looking pin I have ever seen! Very dark playfield though. But a spectacle to say the least! If I was rich, I'd have one! I know the support is a problem though. Hoping someone makes another Alien pin!

1 week later
#5807 57 days ago

Dune
But after Led Zeppelin

1 week later
#5970 49 days ago

We need a real Syfy pin!
Dune

#5980 48 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Will always be an immediate pre order
Regardless if it sucks or a masterpiece

Are you referring to this show?

51VGnkzRZaL._SX268_ (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside