Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2980 5 years ago

Who is designing Elvira ?

#3007 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Any chance the next game will have a real Cabinet ? Lockdown bar ? Quality boards ?

See JJP.

#3037 5 years ago

I’m not expecting a repeat $2B for the sequels but they should land comfortably in the $1B ++ if they are not garbage which I don’t think they will be. For Christ sake the PotC and Hobbit movies break $1B nowadays.

2 months later
#3369 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

True... but I'm counting it as a retheme...

Like BM66

3 weeks later
#3744 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I haven't seen the new Jurassic World movies. I don't care about them. The theme has been done twice already, which is a good sign that it's been done enough.
And yet, dinosaurs. Even if I think it's boring and overdone it will probably still sell just fine if that's real. So long as the main toy isn't a T-Rex head on a spring or something laughable, if it's noticeably stripped down compared to the Data East version people will shit all over it. Ain't nobody trying to see a pin in 2019 that can't outdo a Data East.

Jurasic World was ok (not great) but the sequel Jurasic Fallen Kingdom was horrible

#3996 4 years ago

When I first saw SW pro I thought it was already a home edition.

#4006 4 years ago

I’m in for Grease also.
4CEFA099-BDBE-4619-AB13-EE003C8BCCB0 (resized).png4CEFA099-BDBE-4619-AB13-EE003C8BCCB0 (resized).png

4 weeks later
#4372 4 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

Never looked at Jaws as "A list actors" movie.

They’re not.

Richard Dreyfus maybe (eh) he won an Oscar for a movie I bet 95% here have never seen or heard of. Other than that he’s a solid B.

If anyone says Jaws actors are A list they’d have to say someone like Laura Dern is an A list actor.

Robert Shaw died 31 years ago.

1 month later
#4517 4 years ago

while I don't like the extra cost, I do like that all trim levels will have the same features. I am very curious to see how the movie clips will be utilized in the game like if there will be separate modes for all the various movie clips or are they just window dressing background noise?

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

This second video explaining the mechs got me intrested... I think I'm in!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2f8mK-DjmW0

also like the music if that's going to be in the game.

2 weeks later
#4676 4 years ago

that new SW art looks tight.

#4721 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Is the new Star Wars going to animate the LCD as well like on SMVE?

Everything on new SW is the same except cabinet art and PF art.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/10/07/stern-show-re-arted-star-wars/

1 week later
#5037 4 years ago

X

1 week later
#5240 4 years ago

Breaking Bad pin would be great.

1 month later
#6043 4 years ago

I haven’t seen Stranger Things or Rick and Morty.

I’m sure I’ll like ST show because I was a teen in the 80s myself. I’ve just been holding off because I like to have several seasons to watch at one time. Don’t like a waiting year for next episode but I’m going to start now.

#6083 4 years ago

SW LE been out 2+ years.

#6140 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Stranger Things confirmed for a 12/23 announcement. In the meantime I found this...[quoted image]

Congrats!!

8 months later
#10047 3 years ago

pro doesn't look too bad either.

1 month later
#10382 3 years ago

SW is awesome imo

#10388 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

GnR looks amazing, but I have no interest. Still waiting on Zep. Love Zeppelin, love Steve Ritchie's games. Here's the secret most of Pinside hasn't seemed to figure out yet: You don't have to jam a game full of crap to make it a better game. One of the best games ever is AFM...one of the most stripped down games ever. There's so much more than toys that make you want to play a game over and over.
I just love how people here buy into the hype when a game is jam-packed with stuff...then watch gameplay videos and cool off. The opposite is true: Spare-looking games come out, get destroyed on this site, then grow on people once they've played it a few times.
So I'm fine with Zeppelin not being as feature packed as GnR...as long as it's just as fun--or better!

Yes.

Still AFM is the best game, as Albert Einstein said “Everything should be as simple as possible, but no simpler.”

1 month later
#10917 3 years ago

When do you think the next one will be announced?

#10927 3 years ago

Nothing wrong with SW and don’t forget SM and ST. Ritchie is an amazing designer.

#10994 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can't believe you guys passed on GNR. Have you seen the light show and all the toys???

I played it was very blinky. The strange thing to me is how much praise GnR is getting from Flip n Out podcast last one where they were all over GnR like it’s the second coming as if they were saying it's pinball at the next level. To me, it’s a very visually stunning game but the gameplay is meh. I’d rather have a nice Tron.

#11031 3 years ago

Anyone know who’s up for code??

#11035 3 years ago

SW is fantastic I could have bought any pin but picked SW not everyone likes the same pins equally.

Back to LZ I’m glad it’s Ritchie because he’s one of my favorite designers. LZ is my all time favorite. Never saw them in concert but did see Robert Plant.

I was thinking of buying EHOH but I’ll wait to see how LZ looks. I’m not an automatic buy because of any theme I think that’s silly.

1 week later
#11237 3 years ago

I’m sure the home pin fun and all, but SW pro is just $1800 more. It makes me realize how great a value Stern pros are (and AFM or MB SE or Hot Wheels) anything in the $5700-6K range.

4 months later
#15588 3 years ago

9DAE67E3-C24E-4CFC-8E31-705819D1B458 (resized).jpeg9DAE67E3-C24E-4CFC-8E31-705819D1B458 (resized).jpeg

#15632 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

what about a mortal kombat pin? surprised there is not more chatter in here about it's pin potential! There's a new movie layer this month..the theme fits pinball better than Marty Mcfly imo

I agree

1 week later
#15846 3 years ago

CC39628D-1FE7-40D8-B753-829A15D6D5B5 (resized).jpegCC39628D-1FE7-40D8-B753-829A15D6D5B5 (resized).jpeg

#16064 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

soooo if it's not Mando and it is a famous recent TV show with huge following and possibly a show that will stand the test of time and become a classic...The next pin is Schitt's Creek.

I love SK would be fantastic (IMO) and I like that it's a complete not ongoing show.

Breaking Bad or Lost would be great as well.

#16317 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I just heard a rumor from a non-reliable source that its a music pin. Maybe Black Sabbath?
[quoted image]

Sabbath or Queen are the two biggest music pins yet to be made followed by VanHalen but I can’t see Sabbath right after Zeppelin.

Ozzy and Dio would be ideal.

#16387 3 years ago

Stern SW is one of the best pins I’ve ever owned.

#16548 3 years ago

I’m not that big of a Mandolorian fan but it is very popular like my wife watched it and has a baby Yoda sweatshirt.

I have not watched the second season yet but the first was ok to me a bit of watered down for kids action. But it does remind me of a space western.

Depending on the shots, toys, layout and rules could be great. I’m not really a big fan of Stern upper PF so far TSPP is the only one I liked.

Hopefully it’s not as lazy as LZ appears, it could look great next to my SW premium. I have a lot of space theme pins.

SW
ST
AFM
Alien (soon)
R&M they have a space ship

Mandolorian would fit in as a family friendly space game.

#16576 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Disagree, this is the point I’m trying to make.
If Stern and the pin manufacturers were paying attention to this thread, they would clearly see what their loyal followers and buyers are wanting as their next pin.
Not what Netflix or streaming service is pumping out that doesn’t even make sense as a pin theme.
Just because some youngsters like watching these shows, doesn't necessarily mean they are gonna run out and ask dad to buy a pinball. Or if they do, they convince daddy and will probably have two minutes interest in it.
It then gets moved on.... quickly.
It’s classic themes with nostalgia that hit the mark.
I don’t put any credence in Netflix viewer ratings. I’m guilty of watching all of Stranger Things + adding to the ratings system in the hope it would stay good after the 1st season. Sadly it took a massive nose dive.....utter crap.
Russians, ropey acting, script writing on a course to Neptune etc..... it put me to sleep.
Not like the 80s I remember.....
Duffer brothers were 5 years old at the end of the 80s... lol....

Mandolorian makes sense as a theme. Lots of episodes that can be modes. I’m hoping it’ll use clip assets from the show and maybe have Nick Nolte or Carl Weathers as the narrator.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16579 3 years ago

Let's hope they use the show music.

#16585 3 years ago

perfect shooter knob.

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

bb2-1 (resized).jpgbb2-1 (resized).jpg

#16644 3 years ago

#16668 3 years ago

Is there any idea on who might be doing the code on this one??

#16715 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If the next pin is Mando I'm interested but only if Stern obtained the licenses to the first two seasons of the show, some of its music, and voice + video rights to Mando and Baby Yoda's character. No more odd static character animation images flying in and out like Avengers, sorry but those look cheesy and do little to help immerse a player into the theme. Carl Weathers doing custom callouts would be awesome. I can imagine callouts for bounty missions where Greef Karga assigns you bounty pucks for missions.
Do we know who is rumored to be on design / code?

Agree. Has to have the assets.

#16717 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Kaneda has some rumored info about the game on his latest podcast. He's hearing full assets which would be great.
https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/episode-573-stern-is-the-way

Honestly this is a big big point. Look at SW 450+ film clips it’s astounding imo. If it was static clip art it’s not as good.

I’m not saying only pins with assets can be great because like TWD no assets, SM, Tron, ST have audio clips but blurry film capture or cartoon graphics not as great now that we have color high resolution displays we need assets eye candy. Rick and Morty, Alien, SW, The Hobbit style not JJP Potc or Wonka half ass assets.

#16719 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The rumored main toy is called "Baby Yoda Magic". A spinner will pop up out of the playfield, with each spin Baby Yoda laughs.

LOL puke that’s funny but I’m not putting it past Stern. Hopefully it’s not all about cute muppet baby.

#16807 2 years ago

Do you all rather get a fresh new pin that’s the talk of the month or rather get something that’s been out and marinated a bit like Stranger Things or Elvira?

#16848 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

JP did very well without the assets many expected; same with Star Wars.

Are you saying SW didn’t have assets? There were over 450 film clips and countless audio rips from the films.

#16856 2 years ago

I almost bought a STh premium when it was still in stock but I wanted to see this release first. Hopefully they will make more Elvira and Stranger Things.

#16859 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Mandalorian has my attention, contemporary with strong nostalgia. Love BTTF, Matrix, etc, but what is going on right now in the culture has a lot of resonance. If Eddy makes a great game, I'd seriously consider it and am already on a dealers list for an LE, in case he knocks this one out of the park. Hope he moves away from the traditional fan layout.

Me too.

#16875 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You must have played the pro. The game is awesome, but brutal.

Looks like he owned the LE. However not everyone clicks with the same pins, I could not get into JP or AIQ and especially GnR but some people love them.

#16924 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

They were big issues and not trivial to fix. That matters. When Stern has a QC dog it isn’t pretty. Especially for the dude that wants his new 6-9k game to fucking work out of the box.

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on the premium but heard about need to fix or adjust plus need to buy and install UV kit which gave me pause. Now they’re sold out. Hopefully if they did any more premiums they’ll fix what needs fixing.

#16925 2 years ago

Stern made 799 ST LE also they didn’t sell out immediately but now are selling for a premium or at least not much discount. But ST LE had a good bit more features than the premium.

#17373 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Mandalorian is a great show for sure. It is different from the OG movies in that it's a little slower moving and focuses most of the time on a single plot line. The movies bounce around frenetically between a number of plot lines.
My opinion is The Mandalorian is a remake of the 70s TV show Kung Fu. Think about it. Mando is Kwai Chang Caine. Instead of being a bad ass monk trained from childhood as an orphan, he is in a similar situation as a bad ass Mandalorian. Caine was on the run after committing a crime. Same with Mando. Caine was chased by bounty hunters through the old west. Mando is chased by bounty hunters in the wilds of the Star Wars universe. Caine encountered new villages and people each week and often saved a town from raiders. Mando encounters random villages and new characters and saves them from raiders. Kung Fu was a show with a common thread, but new encounters each week. Mandalorian is a show with common thread, but new encounters each week.

Exactly.

One episode in season 1 was a lot like the seven Samurai movie.

But overall Kung Fu tv show.

#17374 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I bought a X-men LE and a week later I couldn’t wait to get rid of it. I hope the code got better

I owned it too. The code got a lot better but still wasn’t the best. It had good elements like Villain battle but overall was still an uneven game.

#17631 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

That's a pity. I just enjoy the overall storytelling in each episode. Hopefully in this case you can actually still get into the machine when you get it now we know it's coming..

To me the episodes were (kind of) watered down for general viewing by all ages. Not like TWD or Blade Runner for example that are more adult oriented.

However I can see episodes/scenes used like Stern Star Trek where a mode is a scene. I’m not overly in love with the ST movies but they have snippets of action that play well with pinball modes.

#17632 2 years ago

I’ve owned a dozen Stern pins including Tron and LotR both are great but Tron makes more sense as a Vault. It’s probably cheaper BOM it’s probably more expensive on the used market and more rare than LotR. If both were remade I’d buy a Tron in a heartbeat, LotR is great but it’s super long playing so I might not want it again.

#17643 2 years ago

I’d say something like ST is deep but fairly simple. A new player could spend forever on the level one missions and be happy but more advanced players can dive down and do shot multipliers or away modes etc.

I do like Dwight code when it gets completed but has taken a long time in the past GB and GoT.

#17732 2 years ago

I think we here on Pinside are an echo chamber and a vocal minority. Stern can make poop and it’ll sell. Likely the code doesn’t matter to most people who play. I can’t tell you the number of games I’ve bought that had original code. Many people (not here on Pinside) play games without ever knowing GB was too linear or Munsters is too shallow.

I know it’s not scientific but Munsters has more Pinside owners than Stranger Things. I understand that maybe production delays and also Stranger Things has not been around as long but to me they’re close to the same level of success.

In other words Gary Stern, George Gomez, John Borg all want to sell a good number of pins and likely a lot of people will buy a good theme even an LE not knowing where it’s going to end up in 2 years of code updates. Also a lot of locations will buy *****anything******* new. In other words they can’t have the same lineup for years on end. I will not go to a location unless there is a new pin that I want to see.

Anyway, it seems like we can grade code like A-D meaning TWD (A) down to Munsters (D) but at the end of the day more sales are delivered in the first few months when who knows what the code is? Also imo newness and theme (and art) probably are responsible for more sales than great code. Heck even SW comic was responsible for a medium bump of sales nothing but new art.

I know great code can give a game legs so they can sell it longer like BM66 or EHOH but new art like Munsters did with premium or Luci ACDC are probably just as or more important than code.

#17791 2 years ago

I’ve never owned The Shadow so hopefully it’s more like that game rather than another 2 flippers center toy affair.

Is it Dwight on code for sure? He’s really grown on me since SW code.

1 week later
#18344 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

What’ playfield is this?[quoted image]

Elvira

3 weeks later
#18752 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I'm worried about it because how the Mandaoran LE s sold out. I would like to get a Godzilla LE but won't pay over retail for it. Things are getting crazy. Godzilla is the king of Monsters.

I asked at a distributer he said he already has too many people on the list for the next LE.

Basically imo unless you have a good connection it’ll be super hard to get an LE at list price unless Stern does something different which I don’t see happening. Oh well it’s probably premium for me from here on.

#18755 2 years ago

It’s the perfect storm.

Distributers have no inventory well maybe Beatles and maybe some Hot Wheels. No Stern, no CGC, few or no JJP, no PB, no DR.

If there were stock of Elvira etc. maybe there wouldn’t be a feeding frenzy for every new release.

Used prices are sky high and so nib prices don’t look so bad anymore.

3 weeks later
#18919 2 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

After Spooky reveals it's even more obvious that Stern need to lift their game. These baron pf's are not cutting it....LZ as an example is a disgrace.

I agree, super disappointed with LZ almost like they didn’t try or gave up in the middle of designing the game.

If they did a vault of Tron it’d probably sell a good number overnight.

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stern looking weak.

Not really because they can sell hundreds upon hundreds of pins. I think SW, DP, EHOH, JP, BM66, Mando, STT and more are still in demand.

It’s great to have choices.

#19010 2 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Thats the reason I bailed out of RM. After the order books closed it was revealed RM had NO wizard mode only flat code. I got flag by demanding a wizard mode but even after it got one it was just not enough code so I ran for the hills. So thx for the info. I pass here bc spooky learned nothing. Nothing.

R&M has great code now. Maybe not a grand Wizard mode but all the modes are fresh some easy some harder.

1 week later
#19207 2 years ago

I’ve heard some more BM66 and DP premium will be made this year.

#19226 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I put a deposit down for a new BM66 3-4 months ago that was projected to be built in July.

You have a nice collection!

I’m wondering if they will continue to make BM66? Will there be a last call? I’ve been toying with buying one for a while but always something else has popped up.

#19231 2 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a BM66? Three dealers I know are sold out.

#19234 2 years ago

They are doing another run of them next month.

Stern is doing another run of bm66 in August.

I understand. I’m saying 3 dealers have told me they are sold out of the next run.

Does anyone know of a dealer who has some of the next build available?

This is crazy how everything is sold out even the pre builds are selling out.

1 week later
#19406 2 years ago

Wouldn’t make sense for Ritchie to do Black Sabbath right after Rush tho. They’ve never done two music pins in a row.

#19484 2 years ago

2639E29E-F426-4B21-AA02-F4E61C95D359 (resized).png2639E29E-F426-4B21-AA02-F4E61C95D359 (resized).png

#19510 2 years ago

half of those are just re-runs of existing games.

1 week later
#19618 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How the fuck could you consider Star Wars simple?

He said SW home. That’s like each character has a specific shot and repeat that x many times.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19667 2 years ago

I just heard from dealer that four ‘August’ build titles have been pushed back to Q4.

Looks like the drought continues.

#19669 2 years ago

BM66 was one, I’m only waiting for BM66 so don’t know what else.

Probably clearing the deck for the next new pin.

#19671 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My WAG would be Deadpool, Elvira and Stranger Things are the 3 other titles.

I had heard Elvira was already pushed into 2022 and DP was already a Q4 build.

1 week later
#19906 2 years ago

1 week later
#20176 2 years ago

Looks like Cointaker is raising their prices. I didn’t order Elvira premium but the next run is now $9195

And next Deadpool is $8300. I did order DP a few weeks ago when it was listed at $7700. No idea if that’s still my price.

D91CBC40-33FB-418E-8DA5-3778FE539A75 (resized).pngD91CBC40-33FB-418E-8DA5-3778FE539A75 (resized).png

633C855E-F6DB-4098-8A5D-05537C7223E9 (resized).png633C855E-F6DB-4098-8A5D-05537C7223E9 (resized).png

#20192 2 years ago

I have a Stern Potc before they made pro/premium/LE and it came with extended side rails to cover the flipper buttons.

Then I have ST premium again with extended side rails to cover the flipper buttons.

now they start at $6000 and the premium are pushing $8000 and they don’t include a little bit nicer side rail. Star Trek was colored as well. I mean gosh I don’t mind paying a bit extra but I’d like to get something extra for the money like a nicer side rail.

It’s like in that movie Dog Day Afternoon when Al Pacino says “Kiss me, because when I’m being F-ed I like to be kissed”.

4569533F-17C5-4F00-AB76-D5EC8B82F9FC (resized).jpeg4569533F-17C5-4F00-AB76-D5EC8B82F9FC (resized).jpeg

#20293 2 years ago

Anyone canceling BM66 order let me know.

I’m kind of steaming that I didn’t buy when they were $7700 but that’s done.

#20328 2 years ago

I’m sure we’ll see a monthly fee like Nintendo membership. What’s another $9.99 per month?

#20397 2 years ago

It’s kind of nuts. BM66 was $7700 iirc now $8300 but maybe $9000 for a bare bones premium no fancy side rails or shaker or art blades.

I was buying STLE for $7700 back in the day or AFM LE for $8k

The used market is going up too and the new pins are selling out as well.

#20440 2 years ago

I’ve

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Part of me wonders if you had really read the rules and we’re able to traverse the map, get to visitors center, complete control room and get to any of the five mini wiz and Wizard modes. The game is f’ n incredible. I can’t imagine anyone who was able to progress through the game being bored of it. It’s by far the most immersive pin that Stern has ever made. Especially with the film code. AIQ on the other hand…I know the rules and have played it over a hundred times and I just don’t give a F about any of it. Nothing feels fun or exciting. Honestly the only thing I like on that game is the mode where you have to limit your flips.

I feel the same about AIQ

As for JP I’m not very good so very early gameplay and I still love it. Probably my all time top 3 favorite rules games.

#20669 2 years ago

SW
ST
GoT
SM
ACDC

Steve has designed some of the best pins of the past 20 years

#20697 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Plus potential tax as well. YIKES!!

New pinball machine…

7CAADE3D-EAEC-41B3-8CEB-ACBA6DF43BD4 (resized).jpeg7CAADE3D-EAEC-41B3-8CEB-ACBA6DF43BD4 (resized).jpeg

#20868 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I don't know who needs to hear this, but I have been buying and trading and flipping machines since 2004/05, and the conversations have literally never changed. The prices of NIB Sterns and secondary market prices have been lamented and debated and cursed and lambasted for 20 years. Anyone around in the hobby back then will remember the constant insistence that JUDGE DREDD IS NOT A $1000 MACHINE!!. TAF hit $3500 and everyone was going to quit the hobby. LOTR LE NIB price was the apocalypse. TAF hit $5000 and the sky was falling. AC/DC LE NIB and secondary prices was the bubble that would end it all. TZ IS NOT A $6,000 GAME!!!! JJP took preorders for WOZ and the price was enough to send everyone out of the hobby forever. Avengers proved that the NIB LE buyers were submarined forever and would end the "buy before you play" practice. MM hit $10K then $12K and nobody would ever be able to afford this hobby anymore. Stern raised prices to be competitive with JJP and it would send Gary to the soup line...
It's the same conversation year after year after year. But I'll tell you that this hobby and this place are more chock full of buyers and players and people in the hobby than anytime in the 20 year history I have in it. the only difference is that the barn finds are found and the great deals on slightly broken machines are bought and repaired.

Well said.

This reminds me of that Woody Allen joke. One lady says “this food is terrible” and her friend says “yes, and they give you such small portions”

#20922 2 years ago

I wonder if they’ll use film assets or make it cartoony.

#21057 2 years ago

Yes!

This is why I didn't buy Ultraman (which was high on my radar) but to me Godzilla + Keith and team was too much for me to pass up. I mean it will still have to pass the eyeball test, layout, toys, rules. But this is likely going to be my next pin.

#21098 2 years ago

5ml2ke (resized).jpg5ml2ke (resized).jpg

#21142 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Star Wars Pro is my favorite pin of all time. I don't judge pins by what they could've/ should've been, but rather what they are. What's there is fantastic in my opinion. Fastest, flowiest, smoothest shooting game I have ever played. All that delicious Star Wars music. All those awesome Star Wars scenes from the original trilogy. The narrator from The Clone Wars on callouts. I am also a huge Star Wars fan. Like a real fan...all the movies, animated series, etc. I think alot of people say they are Star Wars fans when really they are a fan of the 1st movie or first trilogy. There are some truly special moments in this game - blowing up both Death Stars, Hyperspace Multiball, and what has to be one of the best moments in pinball...The Lightsaber Duel. Fucking Epic.

100% agree.

I have owned a ton of pins and still own a good number and SW + JP are my newest additions but even taking away the honeymoon period (SW was over 18 months ago) they are two of my favorite pins especially for their moments. Not even needing to get to the Wizard or mini wizard there are quite a few moments along the way.

#21207 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Agreed but Mandalorian more than makes up for that POS. It's only at .97 and so much more enjoyable

IMO it's the other way around with SW >>>> Mando

#21219 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

If godzilla pro doesn't have the same amount of Magnets or gadgets as an old MET pro which was back then about 4600 bucks no way in hell i fork over almost 6500 for it , Never in your wildest dreams STERN ! Never

Iron Maiden pro or JP pro have a lot in it and game play is very comparable to the premium.

Don't forget Met pro had no spinners what's that a $2 part? Both JP (1) and Maiden (2) have spinner(s).

#21222 2 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:Im done with people crying nonstop about stern’s prices rising. Take a look around, ALL PINBALL PRICES ARE RISING! Look at the Banning auction and see what folks a dropping on used games. Stern is a business and business is good so why not raise prices?

exactly......

#21228 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

JJP GNR ce is the last NIB EVAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool story bro.

#21256 2 years ago

I’ve been told from one dealer that the interest for the LE far outstrips their allotment.

#21259 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm surprised Godzilla has so much interest. Crazy to me.

Godzilla is a touchstone of Sci-Fi campy monster movies. I grew up in the 70’s saw SW in the theater etc..

I never remember a time when I didn’t know Godzilla. It’s like James Bond or Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.

#21496 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

LE for sale on the Stern store.
One in my cart but won't ship to Canada
SOLD OUT
Took about 10 seconds

I thought as much. I wanted one buy one but ok to see the stream before buying. I’m kind of picky and don’t want to rush in.

#21497 2 years ago

The pro doesn’t look too bad either.

#21593 2 years ago
Quoted from eyewantone:

I was thinking about that...how could anyone wait that long for a return on investment, just crazy. I might have to go to a Stern Party to play one if no one else puts one on location either.

Hopefully they’ll be on location. Two places near me have most of the last LE as well as TBL (two different locations).

#21615 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I think AIQ is the best Modern Elwin game. JMHO…..Aaaaannnnnnnddddddd GO!

JP is the best!

11 months later
#29864 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

They are drawing attention to the time machine portion of Rush on their Twitter image.
[quoted image]

1978 has to be Grease.

#30439 1 year ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

Confirmed!.....That someone has thought about it at least
[quoted image]

I'd buy it, I mean depending on the layout and code, assets etc...

#30885 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I have tried watching the old Bond movies recently.
They are terribly bad. Lol. Easy pass

Not terribly bad to me, I’m going to try and watch them all (most are streaming somewhere).

I remember growing up watching them whenever I could.

#30936 1 year ago

I’m confused, if a guy looks a woman up and down is that offensive nowadays?

‘Friends’ would be canceled if it was made in 2022.

#31041 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

You see Tom Holland from Spider-Man’s probably going to be the next bond… way too young looking.

The next Bond is going to be a person of color according to the latest.

I’d like to see Idras Elba but he’s already 49 so not sure if that’s too old.

This article said no decision made except that it’ll be a man playing Bond.

https://comicbook.com/movies/amp/news/james-bond-idris-elba-final-statement/

#31404 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman2005:

Does stern typically only come out with one new game a year?

no, typically like 3-5

2018 and 2019 they came out with 5 each, 2020 (4), 2021 (3)

2018 (5)
Maiden
Supreme
Deadpool
Beatles
Primus

2019 (5-7 pins)
Munsters
Black Knight SOR
JP
Elvira
Stranger Things
-(SW comic) Vault
-SW The Pin

#31447 1 year ago

I just watched ‘Dr No’ the first Bond movie (1962).

It was ok, but not enough to hang a whole game on. There was a lot of walking around and the fight sequences are very minor (compared to today’s movie) like one karate chop to the neck.

Hopefully they’ll have several movies represented in the game.

1 week later
#32736 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

My only disappointment is the continued cost-reduction in parts past the point of functionality. The last two NIB sterns that have come had almost non-functional service button blocks because the module they're using now is so crap the buttons don't register or register double presses randomly when you press them. This new all in one module is REALLY POOR QUALITY that never should have been considered, let alone actually sent for production. Stern does not care, obviously.
If you're going to keep raising the price, at least maintain a minimum level of quality in the parts of the machine that people interact with and will notice quality slips.

My service buttons on DP were completely broken, had to swipe from another pin until the distributer repaired it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.