Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,161 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 944.
#15601 3 years ago

I’m sorry but anyone mentioning the Back To The Future trilogy in the same breath as The Godfather trilogy should be embarrassed.
The Godfathers are cinematic masterpieces!
Do I think Back to the future would make a better pinball table? Yes!
Is it a better Movie trilogy? Hell No! Not even in the same league!

#15602 3 years ago

Someone wake me up when there's some actual news please, all this speculation has drained my brain of all enthusiasm

#15603 3 years ago

Reskin WWE , would be funny.

80f7f5bfcad29076ffae525f28af5846 (resized).jpg80f7f5bfcad29076ffae525f28af5846 (resized).jpg
#15604 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I can’t wait till all the basic bitc# themes are made so Stern will have to move on to things that are actually cool. Jaws BTTF Harry Potter marvel Dad rock bands...YAWN
I want Akira, Army of Darkness, The Thing, Holy Mountain, Simpsons treehouse of horror, Adventure Time, Legend of Zelda, clockwork orange, Cuphead!!!! Friday 13th, Bobs Burgers, Escape from New York, Warriors, Return of the Living Dead, THEY LIVE, Night of the Demons!, Beastie Boys, Wu Tang Clan, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Masters of the Universe, Voltron, Battle of the Planets, Clash of the titans, Toho Godzilla.

I like. Way better than that other list. Couple of clunkers, but yea way better.

Harry potter? Get the f outta here. Gotta be a joke, and a bad one at that.

#15605 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

who are these people?
Harry Freaking Potter over the best trilogy ever made?

Have to say LOTR trilogy is possibly the best trilogy of all time. BTTF is fun and all that, but LOTR is an incredible journey. Just an opinion though.

#15607 3 years ago

LOTR was already made and is a great game!

BTTF is good for all ages and has the most mass appeal.

I would love a “Bill and Ted’s” but I would bet it doesn’t appeal to most under age 35 or over 55.

Godfather 1 & 2 are great films but are a pia to watch once let alone multiple times. I can watch BTTF over and over and laugh every time! BTTF !

#15608 3 years ago

Step Bothers!

oh man could you imagine...
-could have the best call outs in pinball!

catalina wine mixer multiball

did we just become best friends mini wizard mode

modes:
- brennan has a mangina
-oh pamn with and N
-so much room for activities
-karate in the garage
-get out of my face or i’m gonna roundhouse your ass

#15609 3 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

I can watch BTTF over and over and laugh every time! BTTF !

I can too, but why? I love the movies but I can put a finger on why. They are pretty silly.

#15610 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Step Bothers!
oh man could you imagine...
-could have the best call outs in pinball!
catalina wine mixer multiball
did we just become best friends mini wizard mode
modes:
- brennan has a mangina
-oh pamn with and N
-so much room for activities
-karate in the garage
-get out of my face or i’m gonna roundhouse your ass

Did you touch my pinball.... I mean my drum set.

#15611 3 years ago

They should make a game based on Bitcoin. The scoring would be all over the place. Talk about risk reward. I’m somewhat joking but I think it could be a decent and original theme.

#15612 3 years ago

comparing godfather to a sci-fi movie... what?

what is next, apples vs bananas?

#15613 3 years ago

No love for Beverly Hills Cop trilogy? LOL!!!

#15614 3 years ago

best Trilogy?
Riddick of course!

Well, maybe not, but hey, it's Dwayne Johnson best Role!

#15615 3 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

best Trilogy?
Riddick of course!
Well, maybe not, but hey, it's Dwayne Johnson best Role!

Vin Diesel

#15616 3 years ago

Best Trilogy has to be OG SW. All Trilogies I can think of have a horrible 3rd at least, and ROTJ is probably the least horrible.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15617 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I had never ever seen BTTF until 2 weeks ago. I’m 38 and it seemed cool but never had that draw. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I mean, having watched Star Wars with my son before that, I question whether that era had a fixation for family members wanting to hook up, but outside that, it was a good movie and I look forward to the 2nd.
Ghostbusters however... that movie sucked. How is it listed as a comedy??? It starts off with a sort of funny card reading scene and then just continues to prove Dan Ackroyd was never funny, ever. You can’t have a comedy and forget to include jokes. Sigorney plays her usual “stick up her ass self”, and Rick Moranis is a nerd. It’s should’ve been called “Type Cast: the movie... with some ghosts”

You lost all credibility saying GB wasn't funny. It is a great comedy and remains so to this day. Sure Bill Murray carried the movie (although Rick Moranis was hilarious as well) but I honestly would question if you have any sense of humor saying it was "never funny, ever."

#15618 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Sigorney plays her usual “stick up her ass self”, and Rick Moranis is a nerd. It’s should’ve been called “Type Cast: the movie... with some ghosts”

Well to be fair I think it started those type castings; so it was new when it happened.

#15619 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Harry potter? Get the f outta here. Gotta be a joke, and a bad one at that.

Harry potter for life! Would be so great! For each chapter a

#15620 3 years ago

Everyone wants you to believe that, but it was The Rock!

#15621 3 years ago

Love to see your faces when its fraggle rock or muppets, carebears or little pony

#15622 3 years ago

BTTF has not stood the test of time. I love to watch the old movies in 1080 or 4K on the 75 inch TV. It's like seeing them for the first time and brings back great memories. BTTF I really liked when I was younger, but I couldn't stomach it now. The fact that they made three of them makes it even worse. The one that I really don't understand is the Goonies. I never saw that until last year and ugh! It was all I could do to sit through the whole thing.

#15623 3 years ago

I want HP more than anything but I want 1 or maybe 2 HP pins, not 7 for all the books. I would like a different edition for each house kind of like how GnR has a different album for spinners. But I would like to pick my house. I dont want a slitherin edition, I want griffyndor or ravenclaw edition. Would be nice with powder coating to resemble each house. Or they could do something like lite rails and let you choose which house colors you want to show....

Id be fine with assets from the books and it being hand drawn as long as I get John Williams music.

#15624 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Love to see your faces when its fraggle rock or muppets, carebears or little pony

80b882060e5490b3b0dc017ff1c913b46b1e3f5f (resized).png80b882060e5490b3b0dc017ff1c913b46b1e3f5f (resized).png
#15625 3 years ago

I was watching the teaser for the new "Space Jam" movie and the ball they used caught my eye. Why is it a pinball and not a basketball? It even makes the sound of a pinball traveling down a metal wire form as it spins around the hoop. take a look for yourselves! Could the next pin actually be a new "Space Jam" game!

space jam (resized).pngspace jam (resized).png

#15626 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You lost all credibility saying GB wasn't funny. It is a great comedy and remains so to this day. Sure Bill Murray carried the movie (although Rick Moranis was hilarious as well) but I honestly would question if you have any sense of humor saying it was "never funny, ever."

People always say Dan Ackroyd is funny and then can’t ever mention a time he is.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Well to be fair I think it started those type castings; so it was new when it happened.

Could be true. Since they’re basically all 80s movies, I don’t know the exact order of them all, but it’s not like anyone was taking a risk in the whole scope of their respective careers.

#15627 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

BTTF has not stood the test of time. I love to watch the old movies in 1080 or 4K on the 75 inch TV. It's like seeing them for the first time and brings back great memories. BTTF I really liked when I was younger, but I couldn't stomach it now. The fact that they made three of them makes it even worse. The one that I really don't understand is the Goonies. I never saw that until last year and ugh! It was all I could do to sit through the whole thing.

The thing is that the movie doesn't really have to stand the test of time to be a good pinball theme. It just needs to inspire nostalgia and ideally a way to tie it to pinball somehow (the tough part). BTTF works in both regards as the time travel stuff can actually be utilized in pinball mores so than a lot of other themes. Not my ideal theme, but I can see why people want it.

#15628 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

JJP has/had The Muppets. It was in the original leaked roadmap years ago, but I haven't heard anything about it for a long time, so maybe they wised up and dropped it.

#15629 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

you just watched it 36 years too late?
I would not expect to like it 36 year later either and I wont expect it to blow my mind.

You are watching a kids movie as a grow up and then complain that it did not blow your mind? Come on. Lol
36 years later!!!

The goonies is an amazing kids movie, it was perfect then and it can be a good movie for a young kid today too.

It is a pirates story for kids!!!

This thread is derailing!!!

#15630 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP has/had The Muppets. It was in the original leaked roadmap years ago, but I haven't heard anything about it for a long time, so maybe they wised up and dropped it.

B026A810-4D0A-4E53-8749-39F3D513A521 (resized).jpegB026A810-4D0A-4E53-8749-39F3D513A521 (resized).jpeg
#15631 3 years ago

what about a mortal kombat pin? surprised there is not more chatter in here about it's pin potential! There's a new movie out later this month..the theme fits pinball better than Marty Mcfly imo

#15632 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

what about a mortal kombat pin? surprised there is not more chatter in here about it's pin potential! There's a new movie layer this month..the theme fits pinball better than Marty Mcfly imo

I agree

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15633 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

you just watched it 36 years too late?
I would not expect to like it 36 year later either and I wont expect it to blow my mind.
You are watching a kids movie as a grow up and then complain that it did not blow your mind? Come on. Lol
36 years later!!!
The goonies is an amazing kids movie, it was perfect then and it can be a good movie for a young kid today too.
It is a pirates story for kids!!!
This thread is derailing!!!

Pretty sure his point was whether some of these old 80’s movies are actually any good, or just nostalgic. I don’t think anyone is arguing that these movies weren’t awesome as a kid in the 80’s.

#15634 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

what about a mortal kombat pin? surprised there is not more chatter in here about it's pin potential! There's a new movie layer this month..the theme fits pinball better than Marty Mcfly imo

Yes, MK2 was so much fun!

Harry Potter, Prometheus, Predator, Star wars rogue one

#15635 3 years ago

Best trilogy ever...
...Romancing the Stone / Jewel of the Nile / War of the Roses!

#15636 3 years ago

I have a buddy that operates an old Data East Back to the Future in his arcade.
He says that it performs extremely well with the casual patrons and that it way outperforms better playing pins with lesser known themes.
Casual player put money in things they immediately recognize like Star Wars etc.
Like it or not, the BTTF theme has serious brand recognition and is permanently embedded in pop culture.
If the rumor is indeed true, I believe this will be an incredible earner for people operating machines.

#15637 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

You like what you like I can respect that. Sucks for me as your dream theme way more likely than mine.

#15638 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

A pinball for each chapter is a little much. Maybe one for each book.

#15639 3 years ago

Can we please get this thread BACK on TRACK !

BACK on Track (resized).pngBACK on Track (resized).png
#15640 3 years ago
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#15641 3 years ago
3175312A-C482-460A-A7BD-F7EA6B37B796.jpeg3175312A-C482-460A-A7BD-F7EA6B37B796.jpeg
#15642 3 years ago

BTTF is a little too late now. I designed my own BTTF game about a decade ago, and 2015 was the year it should've happened for real. 80s themes are now moving out of fashion, as the 90s start to take centre stage. Bill and Ted is a better option...and The Matrix is long overdue (new movie in the works).

I still have my creative sights set firmly in the 70s and 80s...but for real companies, making real money, you have to move with the times. There's new money in the game.

#15643 3 years ago

So many great tv shows that could be used !

537B1D6A-E12E-4B1E-9E7C-1967ADE24F45 (resized).jpeg537B1D6A-E12E-4B1E-9E7C-1967ADE24F45 (resized).jpegA8293373-91B4-4E9A-AE96-98B83649212A (resized).jpegA8293373-91B4-4E9A-AE96-98B83649212A (resized).jpeg
#15644 3 years ago

A ton of action and great Quotes for Pinball here

Tombstone could be Epic

#15645 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

A ton of action and great Quotes for Pinball here
Tombstone could be Epic

Hell yeah time for another Western themed pin!

#15646 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Hell yeah time for another Western themed pin!

Agree, long overdue

#15647 3 years ago

Another fun theme
Maybe the King could take a run at this ?

Some classic gold here.
I'm to pooped to pop, lol

Bandit

#15648 3 years ago

We are all still screaming for this in Pinball

More Lightning................

#15649 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

what about a mortal kombat pin? surprised there is not more chatter in here about it's pin potential!

Its been talked aboot a lot for years, and recently due to the new flick coming out this month.
I'd be interested fo sho.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,161 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/313?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.