maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14028 3 years ago

I'm still hopeful for a Matrix pin but probably won't happen

#14101 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I never understood this comment...and many people say it. For an EM or early SS...yes. But you can't really be cranking tunes and get the full effect of a game from anything released in the last 30 years if you can't hear what's going on

On the flip side of that i've never quite got the idea of trying to turn a pinball machine into a jukebox (by upgrading speakers, changing tunes, etc) If i want to enjoy the music then it's through a really nice sound system with no other distractions going on .... well, maybe a nice bourbon
Each to their own of course!!

1 week later
#14496 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just wondering has a movie themed pin ever launched with its movie ?

Possibly could have been a few yeah.... Matrix 4 is supposedly being released in Dec of this year
To quote Jean Luc Picard...MAKE IT SO - Stern!!!

#14512 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Can you see Stern making a Jaws pin and NOT having an interactive shark on the Playfield? I can

If they did it will look rubbery as F%&^

1 week later
#14871 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Pink floyd is a no brainer, but Waters would probably make it too hard.

Floyd would be awesome but yeah Wodger would be a PITA about it i reckon. He loves banging on about being anti capitalist but obviously didn't mind the idea of flogging off merch at his concerts at reasonably exorbitant prices Mega Multiball to the song "Young Lust" ooooooooohhhhhhhh i need a dirty woman!!!
Queen would make a great music pin too i must admit.

#14874 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Possibly THE Greatest concert of all time

Shame they never toured that one to Oz but i did get to see the Momentary lapse of reason tour in 88' (sans Roger) which was my first ever concert. That was a whole night of fkn awesomeness!!!

2 weeks later
#15602 3 years ago

Someone wake me up when there's some actual news please, all this speculation has drained my brain of all enthusiasm

#15652 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Hell yeah time for another Western themed pin!

Ya know.... a machine based on the series Westworld would be FKN awesome!!!
Psycho robots in a western setting..oh YES please

1 week later
#15810 3 years ago
Quoted from Averhoeven:

Godzilla really needs to poop

Hmmmm, i'd be angry too if i was hanging for a huge dump
Gawwdd has all those Godzilla movies been based on a giant lizard is pissed cause he can't crap?

#16146 3 years ago

All your machine rumours are way off, it's gonna be this for sure!!

artworks-000117966447-nsqrkv-t500x500 (resized).jpgartworks-000117966447-nsqrkv-t500x500 (resized).jpg
#16148 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Or will it be this?

Nooooooo never that, how can you have a WAKE UP Jeff multiball, which i imagine would have the volume auto cranked to 90%

#16153 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

You mean Wake up Lachy multiball, don't you?

No

#16346 3 years ago
Quoted from KoSLoW:

We need a new terminator pinball machine

Based off what? anything after T2 was sadly lacking in substance

1 year later
#27565 1 year ago

Past lot of pages have been interesting reading but still none the wiser here..how long until the next machine release is solid??

1 week later
#27907 1 year ago

The only really good thing about True Lies is Jamie Lee Curtis

#27963 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

It was never expected to sell well overseas as Rush was more of a North American band

Guess you could use that argument but then Iron Maiden is a pommy band and sold well everywhere.
Rush still had hits in other countries too including Oz.

#27965 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Urban Dictionary - Pommy

Aussies have been calling Englishmen Poms (and you guys Yanks) WELL before the urban dictionary was even thought of though.
We do love our slang over here

#28017 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What ? I think you must be thinking of Hush

Nope, but know this band too

#28047 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, it's very high in the popularity ratings among all 35,708 1980s movies (#2), but there are a lot of strong pin candidates in the top 50...

Top Gun No 1 There's at least 20 films in that list that are better than Top Gun.
I'm bias though cause i always thought Tom was/is a flog
I reckon Blade Runner should be at the top!!

#28049 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

And Blue Lagoon is in the top 10 , Brooke Shields is hot as hell , but really .

Fast times at Ridgemont High is better than Blue Lagoon

#28095 1 year ago
Quoted from Jace:

Yeah I agree. Blade Runner would be awesome

Or Fast times at Ridgemont High Spicoli - Stoner 10 ball multiball

#28215 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can't believe there is anyone who hasn't heard this song?

If not that one then surely Dreadlock Holiday ffs

1 week later
#28730 1 year ago

TBH all your guesses are wrong. It's gonna be a Love Boat pin including a Cpt Stubing Cheesey Multiball, Isaac Washington Minibar upper playfield and a Julie McCoy Mystery Hole

Love boat (resized).pngLove boat (resized).png
#28892 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Now I'm on a mission from God!

The cigarette lighter is broken!!

1 week later
#29427 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't know how they've kept it quiet for so long

Geez and here i was thinking Razorback was a corny movie

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#29479 1 year ago

Would love a machine based on this game

SkZZUr3taWJ7pb0LGpm7OaMf (resized).jpgSkZZUr3taWJ7pb0LGpm7OaMf (resized).jpg
1 week later
#29840 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

A comedian pin?.......hang on....

Now THAT'S what you call a power chuck

#29925 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Monty Python “Knights of the Pinball Table”

I'd be in on a Monty Python machine
I know a lot of people think MM was Python based but it wasn't unfortunately.
WELEASE BWIAN!!!!!

2 weeks later
#31569 1 year ago

I'd be in on an Elwin "Shoe" pin for sure!!!

MontyPythonsLifeOfBrian-XMjTdrcQ-subtitled (resized).jpgMontyPythonsLifeOfBrian-XMjTdrcQ-subtitled (resized).jpg
#31760 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I just got news it's this theme!!

Believe it or not...........

#31768 1 year ago

Roostking, you down voted me for a song lyric??? Where'sssss yourrrrrr headddddd attttt?......

1 week later
#32725 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Let Them Eat Cake...

I may never sleep again

#32839 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Maybe they wanted it to have a retro theme?

How could it not be a retro theme when it's based on early Bond films??

1 week later
#33139 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Bally's used to do one model and sell 20k units

You've brought this up 3 times now, the pinball landscape has changed drastically since the early to mid 90's era of Twilight Zone's and Addams Family in the above 10K sales category. By the end of the 90's the sales on most pinball machines was in most cases less than a 1/3rd of those numbers.

#33149 1 year ago

True, but what about Ballys selling 20k units of a single model pin??

Did you not read and understand my first sentence?? When Twilight Zone was released onto the world Stern weren't technically speaking a company, it was still Data East, then to become Sega in about 95'

1 week later
#33348 1 year ago

That's why they need to go back to traditional screenprinting. Vinyl has a shorter lifespan.

Pretty much all the cabs from the 90's DMD era and going forward (quite possibly some earlier also) were screen printed yes BUT on a vinyl substrate so essentially still a decal. They mostly weren't screen printed straight on the wood over a paint base.

#33445 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I haven't heard any of the details , disappointing to me , if so .
The Originals were raw and gritty , Fury Road was an homage , art piece to me .

From what i've read about the upcoming one and it being about Furiosa it will most likely be more Fury Road than any of the early films. A Stern machine based on Max 1 -2 would be FKN AWESOME!!! Let's not talk about 3 either
Cundalini "Hands Off" multiball, i can go for that

4 weeks later
#33818 1 year ago

Owlkitty outshines Tom as an actor big time

3 weeks later
#34112 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The pricing is outrageous for you

The pricing is virtually the same!!! Doesn't any of you guys understand currency conversion??
Our dollar is SHIT against yours >> $20,500 AUD on current conversion rate is $13,620 USD. If you factor in shipping costs for the distro, which is most likely included in our price, then that works out extremely close.

#34114 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Not sure what you’re using for a currency conversion calculator, but just used XE.com. USD $13k is AUD $19,554.00.

Just looked on there and it was showing $13,637 (that's converting $20,500AUD to USD) so yup fluctuates depending on source i guess.
Last time i recall our dollar being better would have to be at least 10 years ago give or take, remember it reasonably well cause i bought a couple of RC drag cars way cheaper from the US (including shipping) than they were going for here.
Price is crazy i agree though!! The distro (AMD) in RA77's post was originally showing the price of Pro's and Premium's, can't recall off the top of my head the Pro price but the Premiums were $14,950 AUD. Now the website is showing just the $TBA which makes me a tad nervous as i've already put my name down for a Prem Last contact i had with AMD they told me they don't know what their Premium allocation would be yet so still waiting on confirmation. Agree with my Aussie compatriots that a lot of guys who would have been auto in for the LE's have or are having 2nd thoughts (or already pulled the pin).

#34117 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not to mention the extra shipping to go half way around the world. I ordered a Fathom from Haggis. I expect the shipping to be 20-25% of the game cost by the time it gets here, so be grateful for the larger shipping quantities coming south from Stern

TBH we get shafted more on shipping here than you guys generally do, particularly when it comes to ordering parts from suppliers like Marco. The shipping charges are completely ridiculous for the size and weight of the items involved and quite often at least double the charge that it would be to reverse ship.
The $637 USD difference in the conversion rate mentioned (as opposed to your LE's being 13K) accounts for the cost for the distro to get it shipped via container which of course they would at least have a full container of machines.
Not sure if you are referring to having your Fathom air shipped? I know that a lot of the US guys have had theirs shipped that way instead of sea freight.

1 month later
#34870 1 year ago

Looks fairly cool and i do love the idea of having 4 spinners to rip but at potentially 30K (or more) AUD it's a big Nahhhhh from me

1 week later
#35112 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I've been trying to say where you're from in my head correctly all morning.

Moo-Lool-Aba..easy (pronounce the last as abah, don't do the first part like you're a cow either )

#35235 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Meanwhile at Stern..

Misses the board entirely..hit's the Wall....PINK FLOYD for the win

#35347 1 year ago

Westworld!!! (the series, not the movie)

#35354 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's already dead. HBO cancelled it before filming the last season. That show really went off a cliff fast...and I used to be a big fan.

Damn it, was looking forward to Season 4 too
Yeah i agree it did kinda evolve into a different place but i was still enjoying it. Still reckon it would make for a great pin though.

#35382 1 year ago

How about a motorbike themed machine based on The Goose

The Goose (resized).jpgThe Goose (resized).jpgThe Goose 2 (resized).jpgThe Goose 2 (resized).jpgjimgoose_mm4 (resized).jpgjimgoose_mm4 (resized).jpg
#35419 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Look what's on TV , must be a sign

Watching!!! Going down well with a bourbon or 3
Never gets old this film

1 week later
#35542 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

For starters, banana flippers!

Those banana flippers always made me go apeshit.......... i'll let myself out, seeyas

#35591 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I heard it will be a music pin(not heavy metal-rock) and comical....

That sounds suspiciously and awesomely like Tenacious D!!!!!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#35714 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Turner & Hooch confirmed…family friendly with just the right degree of 90’s nostalgia…sound track by Spin Doctors.

Comes installed with a drool shaker motor

1 week later
#35877 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Flex Capacitor

I read that and instantly thought some kind of bizarre sex toy...ok maybe i'm weird

2 weeks later
#36496 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Never let anyone tell you what you should like… ever… or you’ll never be happy. Love stuff unapologetically.

SPOT ON!!!
And if they start to argue, play this song to them LOUD!!!

1 week later
#36631 1 year ago

Car's that run off farts..it's coming!!!

#36645 1 year ago

It was a typo dude, you that fkn petty??

#36647 1 year ago

So the answer is yes then

1 week later
#36787 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

lesser known heroes

Don't know why but i'm ever so slightly aroused by Tigra

3 weeks later
#37021 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Seeing how crappy seats were going for 2k in Tampa recently and sold out shows, they got the money

HOLY SHIT!!! That makes $37 AUD to see Pink Floyd in 88' a WHOLE lot more fkn awesome!!!!

1 month later
#37301 10 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Would anyone be into a Hendrix's pin.

I reckon it would be amazing if done properly but i kinda doubt it would happen. From what i've read his sister controls the rights heavily.

4 weeks later
#38112 9 months ago

Got to put my hands on this bad boy yesterday.

Cool car but that metallic pea green is a fkn atrocious colour

2 months later
#40867 7 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Venom hasn't set the world on fire yet

There are still Venom LE's for sale at AMD in Sydney (Distro), first time i've seen an LE of any new Stern not sell out straight away. Previously most LE's were spoken for before they were even listed.

3 weeks later
#41497 6 months ago

Make it so!!

Christine (resized).jpgChristine (resized).jpg
#41683 6 months ago
Quoted from THEFOZ:

Yeah well Michael Jackson came to my house to use the bathroom

Was he singing Beat It whilst he was in there?

1 week later
#41945 5 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

No one’s buying a Van Hagar lol

I like both era's tbh. I just can't go past the fact that Dave is a massive flog though...but certainly a good front man.

#41961 5 months ago

Anyone know what brand the plugs are that Stern uses these days? The female/male pair pictured is from the Bond flasher dome connection. Trying to find out the part numbers for both 3 pin male and female and the pins they use which are the square type. Had a suss around the net under the Molex range and can't seem to find anything the same.

DSC06440 (resized).JPGDSC06440 (resized).JPGDSC06441 (resized).JPGDSC06441 (resized).JPG
#41979 5 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure those are TE Val-U-Lok connectors. Not sure if this is the right SIZE (you need to measure), but think it's the right style:

Cheers mate, pretty sure that's the correct one's. Thanks!!

#42003 5 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Cheech and Chong

Hows my driving?...Ohh we're parked

#42005 5 months ago
Quoted from Rat:

Pinball market is tanking in Australia, distributors must be shitting bricks. (Aussie slang for quite worried mate)

I actually received an advertising email from AMD today about all the models available for pre Christmas delivery, which is a first for me at least. Seeing how Venom LE's are still available on their site whereas previously most have either been pre-sold or haven't lasted long at all i can definitely agree sales are tanking. Seems quite a few machines on the secondary market are hanging around not being sold either.

#42241 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“Pinball dipshit”

Never listened to any of his web streams and i have a feeling he was banned from here around the same time i joined. What does seem to be the case is that there's a majority rather than a minority of peeps who think he's a dipshit

#42369 5 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Dragon's Lair! Wow

Preferred Space Ace myself and had the moves down pat, finished it many times. Have a feeling i got through Dragons Lair maybe twice but used to play both heaps back in the day. Fun times!!

3 weeks later
#42704 4 months ago

There was fog in The Fog.......i'll let myself out

2 months later
#44650 84 days ago

A Journey pin done like Foo Fighters could be awesome. Y'all don't like Journey?! Are we not middle aged men? Do our backs not hurt for no reason?

Probably not one i'd go for but a decent band nonetheless. If it was Foreigner though.......

1 month later
#46088 28 days ago

Well......... Released 1980 and although i do prefer the Bon Scott years this album broke them into the US market and was HUGE!!!

Backinblack (resized).jpgBackinblack (resized).jpg
#46134 26 days ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

You guys know about Here Come the Mummies? If not you have to check them out on youtube, you will not be disappointed. I would 100% buy a HCTM pin.

Nothing special

1 week later
#46440 18 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Jumanji is a serious theme with tons of potential that should not be overlooked by Stern.

I'd like to see a machine based solely on Jack Black and his out there personality. Call outs would be off the charts and the potential for an original theme that isn't a music/marvel/etc rehash is huge. Could possibly have a machine based on a farcical situation eg: Jack Black Vs The World. I'm betting JB would be down for something like that and would be keen to lend his support

#46646 12 days ago
Quoted from BurntBiscuit:

That’s because I prefer the arcade I built at home! It’s smoke and crowd free!

Although i'm not in my 60's yet. Amen to that

DSC05223 (resized).JPGDSC05223 (resized).JPG

More recent pics.
DSC06495 (resized).JPGDSC06495 (resized).JPGDSC06496 (resized).JPGDSC06496 (resized).JPG

#46794 6 days ago
Quoted from Zen_Monkey:

you forgot the best apple has to offer….

severance

Also Silo and Masters of the Air are great too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 79.99
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mancave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=mancave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.