Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2727 5 years ago

Haven't read through this whole thread, but I'll vote for:

Mission impossible -- hopefully without an Angus style Tom Cruise face in the middle of the pro play field. Good intense music, can be about blowing stuff up (maybe modes to infiltrate a terrorist camp and then a wizard mode to blow some terroristy thing up).

Realistically -- a music pin or a superhero theme.

7 months later
#4725 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:Hahahah that's why I ask. In all my other hobbies I immediately dismiss rumors, but the couple I've seen come true in pinball make me wonder where they're coming from, and if there's a way to tell if they (Led Zeppelin in particular) have any merit.

Yeah, the rumors are wrong a lot, so take everything with a grain of salt. That being said the next pin is 100% TMNT, you can take that to the bank! (well, that's my guess at least)

#4739 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Can you name a few of those false rummers.

Well, apparently one false rumor is that the next pin is TMNT -- not sure who started that one . . .

#4786 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

TMNT is the final cornerstone this year. Next year's first cornerstone pin should ship in Jan and as to what that theme it is ??? Stern hinted it was an 80's theme.
80's theme's already done -> Star Wars, Ghostbusters, IJ, BTTF, Terminator and Transformers. Stern won't do horror themes like Friday 13, Nightmare on Elm, Halloween, Gremlins or Chuckie. This leaves possible themes after TMNT -> another BTTF, Die Hard, Blade Runner, Beetlejuice or James Bond. That pretty much is the whole universe from that decade, excluding ongoing rock band acts.

According to mnpinball tmnt is not the next game. Has he ever been wrong?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
4 months later
#7043 4 years ago

Heavy Metal, ah that movie. I remember as a kid watching it on HBO shocked that something like that existed. It might have made a fun quirky pin if it had the full LCD treatment. Seems more like a spooky type pin though as it might sell 500 or so.

I do think it's a good sign for the industry that contract games like these are being made -- it means people are starting to think of pinball again.

#7130 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

check these prices out not delivered add maybe $200 delivery
https://www.amdcoinop.com/pinball-machines

Well, to dive into something I know little about* isn't there a huge salary discrepancy between Australia and the States in raw dollar amount? I think even your minimum wage is over $18 and hour, right? Makes sense that a distributor has to make more Australian dollars profit to make a living than one in the States does. Still seems really pricey though -- wish you guys got cheaper machines for sure.

*100% of all my Australian economic knowledge comes from this one article (which I skimmed for 30 seconds): https://www.afr.com/policy/tax-and-super/australia-s-average-wage-is-30-per-cent-above-world-average-20190411-p51d3e

1 year later
#14229 3 years ago

Like it or not, Stern tries really hard to keep the next release secret. The more obviously the clue points in one direction, the less likely that will be the next pin.

The puzzles are cool looking -- they have talented artists at their disposal now. Maybe this is a creative way to try to get them more money in between pins?

#14244 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

So I'm thinking the Godzilla rumors may be in doubt?

Well, what we know is:
1. Stern has the rights to do a Godzilla theme pinball game of some kind.
2. Gomez has stated that they only do a theme if one of their team really has its heart and soul into working with that theme.
3. Dwight Sullivan stated on a podcast (I think) that multiple teams at Stern really wanted to do a Godzilla themed game.

This really seems to imply that a Godzilla game is coming sometime, but as far as I know everything else is up in the air. Now the puzzle pieces initially made me think that Godzilla was a ways off because it was too obvious with the scales and then the Japanese writing. Now I'm thinking there's a possibility this is a more elaborate troll. Get everyone thinking it's Godzilla, then throw them off the scent with the puzzle, then release Godzilla in two weeks. Sort of a big reach here though.

Honestly I don't blame Stern for keeping things close to the vest. Things get really out of hand when a theme is known before the reveal. We get everyone designing the ultimate pin based on the theme and there's no way the actual pinball machine will live up to this hype and everyone is disappointed at the reveal. I kind of like the secrecy as well as it's a lot of fun trying to guess what's next. After the reveal I'm either not interested or bummed that there's another cool game out there that I probably can't afford to buy.

1 week later
#14595 3 years ago
Quoted from mighteagle:

Taken from the BTTF forum on pinside
A buddy of mine said he saw some finished parts from the Stern Back to the Future and Stern is scheduled to release it within the next two weeks due to the deadline. He knows I’m a huge Back to the Future fan and he knows I like pinball. He actually never discussed pinball with me before but his line of work gave him a visual of BTTF and knows I would get excited about that news. So he said he liked what he saw, not the whole machine but certain parts. He said could be released as early as this week if all goes well. He did show me one picture, and I’m excited, but can’t really tell what the game will look like.

Huge prediction here! Here's some awesome logic on why I am 3% convinced that this is actually happening:

1. Right before stranger things was released Brian Eddy kept dropping super obvious hints on a podcast that he was working on a Bill and Ted's most excellent Adventure pin. These clues were so obvious that I knew for sure we would not be seeing a Bill and Ted Pin.
2. But . . . Bill and Ted involves time travel and get this, so does Back to the Future!
3. Clearly, Brian Eddy has been working on a Back to the Future pin. Not sure of any other logical conclusion

3 weeks later
#15627 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

BTTF has not stood the test of time. I love to watch the old movies in 1080 or 4K on the 75 inch TV. It's like seeing them for the first time and brings back great memories. BTTF I really liked when I was younger, but I couldn't stomach it now. The fact that they made three of them makes it even worse. The one that I really don't understand is the Goonies. I never saw that until last year and ugh! It was all I could do to sit through the whole thing.

The thing is that the movie doesn't really have to stand the test of time to be a good pinball theme. It just needs to inspire nostalgia and ideally a way to tie it to pinball somehow (the tough part). BTTF works in both regards as the time travel stuff can actually be utilized in pinball mores so than a lot of other themes. Not my ideal theme, but I can see why people want it.

3 weeks later
#16673 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Really happy it’s mandalorian. Much easier to pass on it. Yawn.
Although I would love to see the kaneda haters eat crow if it’s truly mango.

Does Delt passing on a machine mean he will only buy and sell it twice?

#17151 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Y’all will get Welk, and you will like it. End of discussion.

As long as it has a lower playfield. As much as I want a Welk, a Welk without a lower playfield is worse than no Welk at all.

#17526 2 years ago

Why did people doubt it when MNpinball confirmed it? He's literally never been wrong about a new release and I'm just going to play it safe and assume he's never wrong about anything else in life either until it's proven otherwise. Kudos to Rarehero as well (I wonder if he was K's source?).

4 weeks later
#18651 2 years ago

Okay, there are very few dream themes left for me as a lot of my favorite things would make horrible pinball machine (and maybe this idea would too), but there is one thing that would be an almost auto-buy for me, but will never happen for various reasons. A Star Trek pin based on the original show with lyman theme integration and Shatner doing the call outs. Now, I realize there's been too many Star Trek games already -- and the time for an original series game is probably past (even in the pinball world), but I think they could probably procure a lot of assets and nail theme integration.

Elwin Godzilla could be cool too, though!

2 months later
#19677 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Yes, you are correct!

[quoted image]

The scary thing is it looks like MNpinball might finally be wrong or at least not 100% right with Sheats leaving Stern. Is this possible??

4 months later
#24395 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:While I agree with previous suggestions that The Legend of Zelda and Futurama would make for good pins, what about a Jeff Dunham pin with all his characters featured?
[quoted image]

Well, I'll give you one point for an original idea and another point for . . . actually I think that's the only point I can give. (I'll give you an upvote though for a truly original pin idea).

4 weeks later
#25300 2 years ago

Only a matter of time:
heatvsioin (resized).jpgheatvsioin (resized).jpg

heat2 (resized).jpgheat2 (resized).jpg
4 months later
#27978 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

All this talk of upcoming titles hurting future sales is a little out dated. The secret release method is archaic and out dated. The only thing it does allow is for manufacturers to half arse it or phone it in on a release.
Just look at the movie industry, the gaming industry, apples yearly shitty releases that everyone knows is coming, they announce years in advance what they are working on and releasing and it doesn’t effect sales especially where AAA products are involved.
Larger markets? Sure! Could it be applied to pinball? Godzilla suggests yes, orders are still flying in and that’s not going to change once Venom or Bond show up, buyers for those titles will still want their Godzilla fix.
Aslong as each game is great and a must have whether that’s until the next new shiny release or for longer, everyone’s going to buy in exactly the same way they do now.

I'm not sure these examples make sense. Movies and games are so cheap that few people don't purchase one just because they know another one they like better is coming out soon. Stern worries, though, that for example, that a lot of people would pass on Rush if they knew the next machine was their dream theme. Where if they didn't know and purchased Rush, they might reach for their dream theme anyway. It's not consumer friendly for sure, but they're probably right from a business sense.

**sorry, missed sorokyl's post which basically said the same thing.

2 weeks later
#28376 1 year ago

It's venom and a cornerstone. We all knew it was being worked on, just didn't know the timing. Not sure it could be more obvious at this point. But anything is possible, I suppose.

1 month later
#31129 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If I had abs like that I’d rock this look every day son.

That's why I don't have abs -- once you have abs you have to be the dude that is taking his shirt off all the time and I didn't want to be that dude. I also didn't go to Harvard because it was too expensive.

3 weeks later
#33189 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:Elwin is next with the 60th. Eta December direct from my distributor.

How about this: 2 years until the next Elwin that 99.9% of us will ever have a chance to play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iloveplywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=iloveplywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.