balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5695 4 years ago

Playing the Visual Pinball X stranger things table really has me wanting a real thing. I love the theme possibilities. Really hoping they go there. The dream is harry potter but I dont see it happening....

2 weeks later
#5954 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I might be alone on this but I feel Stern has watered down their pins to the point that I don’t want anything they make. Rick and Morty will have more features, better build quality and more assets than a Stern Stranger Things. Let’s see...Stern took JP and turned it into a generic dinosaur game. Some what is ST going to be? A pin about a mall? At this point in time you don’t want Stern making your dream theme.

I dunno. Im in love with deadpool which I own. They certainly dont have as many features as JJP but then again the price point is lower. Really hoping for stranger things.....

#6025 4 years ago

Will confuse with star trek next gen. I say we call it eggos or something.

#6028 4 years ago

I know its different. At quick glance it just looks similar.

1 week later
#6114 4 years ago

Hoping we at least get the announcement. I want to see it b4 i decide on next pin. Im ready to buy!

#6118 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I almost bought a Star Trek until JP2 came out. Bought a JP2 premium and LOVE it. Obviously I feel JP2 is a better game. And yes, I’ve played both, and I do like Star Trek but JP2 is amazing.

I have a 4k virtual cab as well with hundreds of tables. But star trek gets like 50% of the plays. Love that game! Ive played JP2 a bunch as well and its great. Gotta figure out how that missile works...

#6123 4 years ago

As long as it looks good Im putting an order in for a premium. Very excited for theme and all the possibilities

1 week later
#6352 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I would love a Top Gun pin highway to the danger zone.

I always wondered if f14 tomcat was suppossed to be top gun but they couldnt get the license

1 month later
#6705 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Still looking for a Futurama machine to be made. Seems like a no brainer.[quoted image]

Ive been thinking this for a long time. I like rick and morty, but I adore futurama. Would think spooky would be more likely to make than stern. Seems like would do well in a limited release like RM.

1 week later
#7091 4 years ago

I would also love a Ghostbusters vault. Wonder if they would keep the dmd or go lcd. Even a color dmd would make it much more attractive

2 months later
#7738 3 years ago

im in the market for a new pin very soon and was first set on JP Premium and recently added Wonka to that. Now that its been such a delay due to covid Im thinking TMNT as itll be the new thing and would love to try out all the new features online brings. JP is a better theme and the game is amazing which will be tough to match, but I really like getting a game with early code and installing all the new code as it comes. Playing deadpool from the beginning and seeing it grow was awesome.

The only downside I can think with TMNT is if the old theme song plays every time you launch a ball. I loved the cartoon as a kid, but that song could get old if its overplayed. Whereas the JP music will never get old due to John Williams being a god.

#7740 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Vanilla Ice- Ninja rap
Lol

ha. they should have that as some sort of secret mode

#7744 3 years ago

Also Im 39 years old and Harry Potter would be my absolute Grail theme. Im a star wars nut, but for pinball Id prefer Harry Potter. And my whole family would enjoy the heck out of it as we have all read the books and seen the movies multiple times. Weve been to Universal every year over the last 3-4 years to visit. We just love it. So even as a middle aged guy I would KILL for a Harry Potter themed pinball. I love music but could care less about music themed pins. Id much prefer sci fi or fantasy themes.

#7750 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

'81 here and when I read people saying TMNT is lame or a terrible theme I remember how many old guys we have.
Tmnt is going to be fucking awesome. We've had enough old man themes like Munsters.
It's game time fellas. Time to usher in the new.

81 here as well. TMNT was my thing for years. Still wont know if itll be my next NIB though until I see it. I hope they build premiums first because of the operators being in a tough spot right now.

#7854 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You put out a Alice in Wonderland and don’t Stern it up I will go in debt to buy it

Never thought of this but would be amazing for pinball. Or make it”through the looking glass” themed instead. That kind of wierdness would be awesome in a pin

1 month later
#8422 3 years ago

Im sure its been mentioned before but I think a perfect modern theme for pinball is the fallout video game franchise. The whole post apocolyptic world with all the lore they have created over the years would be incredible. Could be a nuke bash toy that would explode after doing something. Nuka cola, mutants, different locations. Would just be awesome. And it may actually be the kind of IP that would bring in new buyers as its an incredibly successful video game franchise. Im guessing itll never happen but that would be right up there with Harry Potter for me in must have themes.

#8502 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's as terrible as Armada, no thanks. Talk about an awful follow up.

Would love a ready player one pin based on the book and not the movie. Book is incredible. Could have all sorts of joust vs the skeleton kind of stuff. Oasis modes. The movie was just meh. Only two things I liked were the shining scene and the overall way they portrayed being in the oasis. He hit that well

#8503 3 years ago

As a kid who grew up on video games I’d love to see more video game themed pins. Final fantasy would be a dream come true. Resident evil, fallout, uncharted, etc etc. so many to pick from. Licensing would probably be a pin in the ass though. Pinball is pennies to these massive publishers.

1 month later
#9663 3 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

That game is amazing because they didn’t use the movie assets. They nailed that game.

I own DP and Im so glad they went comic and didnt use the movie. Makes it more timeless.

1 month later
#10598 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Wife and I talked about this. There's almost too much content to fit into one pin. But we figured out some fun basics that could be a start: Collect spells to light battles at the scoop, similar to Deadpool, and work up to Voldemort. Gotta have the flying car as a toy. Also, a Golden Snitch mode where the light moves to different shots...like the Megalodon mode in Deadpool.
I think I just need to buy Deadpool.

Your kind of right that the setup could be like deadpool. And the katana could be a broomstick. Dead and pool targets could be each movie or book. I would replace deadpool bash with something else. But harry potter would need to have more ramps like tmnt.

Also if harry potter comes out I would sell a lung to get it.

1 month later
#11502 3 years ago

i really hope this music pin is indeed Queen. Id love a queen pin if they got good assets.

1 week later
#11982 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Happy for the LZ fans, but my AIQ will be staying.

I would think most would at least see through AIQ to 1.0 code. AIQ is finally starting to hit with me. I liked it right away, then frustrated the hell out of me, but now I really love it. It helps that I finally put carpet sliders under my games and I can really nudge.....

Looking forward to seeing LZ as I really like ritchie games. If this means someone wants to sell me their BK SOR cheap ill jump on it

3 weeks later
#12588 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

ZYs last two titles, TMNT and AIQ, are absolutely gorgeous. Some of the best looking pins ever made.

Ive owned both and still own AIQ(love it), but I still think the deadpool artwork may be his best. TMNT art is just amazing as well.

4 weeks later
#13193 3 years ago

I want HP more than anything else. Id be fine with them using the books as a license except I want John Williams music....So I guess movies it is. I would be fine focusing on one movie and would probably go Goblet of fire or Prisoner of Azkaban. They could also just make it a mystery of hogwartz type game and have lots of stuff going on. If really based on movies Id lean towards the earlier ones which are more about magic and discovery vs people dying.

1 week later
#13309 3 years ago

Id really love a GB vault with some modernizing and maybe some fixes like the flipper gap. That machine is one of the best looking Pins ever so I hope GB isnt completely new. Seems too soon anyways. Vault!

1 week later
#13666 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I feel like Ritchie is the right guy to do it to. fast, flowy and lots of combos.

Didnt he also help make MK the game? Voices and stuff as well?

1 week later
#14112 3 years ago

id be all in on a walking dead comic art version. Just dunno if they would do it as the show isnt as popular anymore...

3 weeks later
#14982 3 years ago

Futurama and Harry Potter are probably my top 2 dream themes. I re watch futurama every damn year and continue to love it.

#14984 3 years ago

If a video game theme would happen theres so many as well. Final Fantasy, Fallout, or Elder Scrolls would be tops for me. Bayonetta would be awesome but its niche.

#14999 3 years ago

Im going to trust a random redditer that claimed a teaser is coming this friday and its BttF. If so Id get in line for an LE. Not my top theme but a real good one if done well.

#15009 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Link to the redditer claim, please.

hrm I went to the thread on r/pinball where I saw the comment(or thought that was the thread) and its no longer there. Was r/pinball and thread was called Next stern release

#15132 3 years ago

Should go Airplane way before Naked Gun.

#15193 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Watched Airplane and Airplane 2 again recently. These would make a heck of a funny pin.
McCroskey: Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking.
McCroskey: Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.
McCroskey: Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.
McCroskey: Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

At work meetings i like to drop “i picked the wrong time to stop sniffing glue” during tense moments. 90% of people just think Im an idiot and dont know the reference.

1 week later
#15571 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

who are these people?
Harry Freaking Potter over the best trilogy ever made?

Im about to turn 40 and love bttf. But harry potter I would take a thousand times over before bttf. Love the books, movies, universal, everything. Gimme HP! And then bttf

My distributor knows either game comes out to save me an Le

#15623 2 years ago

I want HP more than anything but I want 1 or maybe 2 HP pins, not 7 for all the books. I would like a different edition for each house kind of like how GnR has a different album for spinners. But I would like to pick my house. I dont want a slitherin edition, I want griffyndor or ravenclaw edition. Would be nice with powder coating to resemble each house. Or they could do something like lite rails and let you choose which house colors you want to show....

Id be fine with assets from the books and it being hand drawn as long as I get John Williams music.

#15714 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Do you have any other trash takes you'd like to share? South Park is absolutely amazing. Everything Trey Parker and Matt Stone have done is. A South Park pin that's properly done would be incredible.

Id sign up for a book of mormon pin! I saw that show in the first month it launched with original cast like Josh Gad. Some folks still didnt know what it was and was funny to watch people leave early in disgust. Love that show. Actually has a wholesome message in the end too.

1 week later
#15802 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I know it will never happen but Schitt$ Creek would be a fun theme. So many funny call outs. A few ways you could play the pin based on the characters in the show. If you haven’t watched it yet check it out

Would be awesome actually. when you rip the spinner you would hear alexis saying "ew david". The backglass could be the shitts creek sign along the road.

Thats the show that I found during the pandemic that I just fell in love with. love it all and was sad when I finished.

#15937 2 years ago

I would love john wick pin so much. Would be awesome.

#16160 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Bingo. Wonka is the perfect example. There’s no story, but it’s all Wonka and sweet, syrupy goodness. Sssssshhhhhh, don’t tell Kaneda.

Really love wonka. I know it doesnt have all the music but I really dont care. The total package is great and I love how that game shoots.

#16468 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a recurring charity raffle for you, then. $50 for a 1 in 200 shot at a new machine, tax deductible.
http://projectpinball.org/pinballmachineraffles

Wait, Raffles are tax deductable? Ive been sending a few grand to project pinball for a few years and could have been deducting this?

#16469 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Wait, Raffles are tax deductable? Ive been sending a few grand to project pinball for a few years and could have been deducting this?

answered my own question with quick google search. Anything that is a raffle is NOT tax deductable.

Raffle tickets are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. The IRS has determined that purchasing the chance to win a prize has value that is essentially equal to the cost of the raffle ticket.

#16515 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Westworld is a TV theme that would be cool as long as it doesn't go past the first season.

first season was so damned cool. I totally agree. Second season was terrible, third season was in between somewhere....

#16596 2 years ago

I have a mando le reserved for me if its the title. Will go great next to my SW comic premium. I know many dont like stern SW but it is the number 1 keeper(ok maybe JP) in my lineup. Hand drawn mando in maybe a more shadow like eddy pin is a buy for ne

1 week later
#17238 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

And these guys have 8-10k to spend in a pinball machine?
It is not this age group that has the most money

Oh man plenty of us have money for pinball. Ive bought 10 in last 3 years(keep 6 rotation) and HP is the absolute grail for me. I need it directly into my veins. Plenty of mid thirties folks have lots of disposable income.

#17341 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Rogue one is one of the best star wars movies of them all. I dig Solo also but I know I'm in the minority on that. Rogue one is easily one of the tops in the franchise tho!

Im a star wars nut and totally agree. Rogue One is awesome. Really wish the new trilogy followed more of the Timothy Zahn novels story(mara jade!) but they waited too long and everyone got old. Force Awakens was ok, last jedi was meh, but the last one ruined the whole damn thing..... Hope new trilogies just forget about these characters/skywalkers and we get new stuff

#17812 2 years ago

Im going through same thing. I have room for 6. Have STLE, SW comic premium, GnrLE, Wonka, JP premium, and Star Trek Premium. I think wonka is going to make room for mando

3 months later
#19672 2 years ago

Hopefully my iron maiden premium still gets made.

#19701 2 years ago

hoping with 500 increase the BOM could go up a bit. Dont expect all 500 but would be nice to get an extra mech here or there.

#19713 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Who is saying the next game will be a $500 increase? Are distributors saying this? I've enquired about (rumored) Godzilla and was not advised it will be more expensive than Mando.

you are right, my distro hasnt said it. Only kaneda so far.

1 week later
#20036 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Wow hadnt thought of offspring. That would absolutely work. Their sound/songs has some pinball crazy to it

Could Even do a pin based on the "crazy taxi" video game featuring Offspring music as the game did. But I dont think well see offsrping either way. Would be pretty far down the list for me too.

#20045 2 years ago

Probably 30 years to late but Spaceballs the pin. Need it. I really would love a Queen game though if done right.

#20202 2 years ago

everything is going up right now including Sterns cost to build/ship the games. Im sure theres some more profit in there for them as well, but I get it. Im hoping a small portion of this goes to increased bom for more stuff as well(doubt it).

#20232 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Totall wishful thinking. Stern increases prices every year and their quality just gets worse.
I get some parts have gone up and the need for some increase. However, at the same time, wood prices are normalizing.
This is primarily a huge cash grab by Stern. Unless a can't miss title with all the bells and whistles comes out, Im out on any NIB Stern purchases.

Wood is normalizing a bit but other parts are still higher and workers are demanding more money or they stay home. Im sure the price increase isnt just to cover rising prices as they are a company that thinks they can make more profit. They have probably seen the secondary market and said we want some of that. Well see how it turns out i guess

#20412 2 years ago

Ive gotten to a point where I want all Keiths games. They are all great and different. Have JP Premium(god tier to me) and AIQ LE. Have IM Premium coming soon and my distrib has a spot for me on Keiths next game. Im ready for this release. Hopefully production gets a bit better than it has been with mando. At this point im way more excited about Godzilla

#20415 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Agreed, Godzilla will be the last pin I truly have a spot for before I make the tough “you’re gone” calls on a pin. Started with JP Prem as far as Elwin, and recently got IMDN Prem… nothing is better than that pin; take all my others, leave that. AIQ theme isn’t for me, but fun pin, I’d play the hell out of it. I’ve definitely broken my one pin per designer rule with Elwin

I have 6 pins with 2 more coming next month and elwin game on order. Im finding someone to come take my 9 foot pool table to make room. The obsession is getting worse heh

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20418 2 years ago

JP>AIQ for me as well. Ive only played maiden a few games. But im about to play the crap out of it when it arrives.

#20456 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Dump AIQ for TMNT…that game RIPS. Best recent Stern imo. Can’t believe how underrated it is.

except that damn left outlane. got so frustrated with that one early and sold my TMNT LE early on. I do miss it a bit though. I think its zombie yetis best art over the last few years.

#20460 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s every Borg game. I just reduced my sling power. You can also put a little stick on rubber bumper over there so the ball bounces back into play instead of a dead stop and straight down drain.

Hehe as a new guardians owner i think you are right

#20527 2 years ago

I wonder if Ill get my Godzilla before the mando premium I ordered on day 1. That would be fun

#20529 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I'm happy my Distro was cool enough to take my Mando LE back for full credit to have a go at this next LE. Bring on September 8th.

wow I want that LE. You probably couldve sold it pretty fast for a profit

#20532 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I tried. Tried selling it for 11,600. Had a few bites but I didn't leave it posted long enough. I was looking to free up some funds for a stranger things LE which I found but it all worked out and if Elwin is on this one I want it.

I hear ya I love the elwin games as well. Have jp, aiq, IM and godzilla on order.

#20535 2 years ago

i was thinking about signing up for insider to help my chances but Id really prefer to just go through my distributer. I dont always get an LE but I like the peace of mind of using them

#20976 2 years ago

yea lets hope Stern doesnt take it out on cointaker as they are amazing. Honest mistake as they were suppossed to show this off 2 days ago. Technically didnt the distributer call also get moved? So technically wouldnt they not have been told yet officially?

#21039 2 years ago

Cant wait to see what keith and ZY come up with. Will have all 4 elwins soon enough

#21049 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

If they try a premium Black and white version of Godzilla I will never buy another Stern game in my life. Lol

I think thats the best looking munsters even though the colored version is amazing too

#21163 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Can you teach me how you get on a list? The response I get is "I don't have allocation numbers yet from Stern for LE's"

from what Ive heard their lists are full of people who are on the LE list permanantly and get every single LE. I wont committ to that even though lately Ive been getting many of these games. But some I just have zero interest in like LZ or a future Rush pin. So I wont committ to buying all of them even if you can flip them easily.

#21183 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Agreed but Mandalorian more than makes up for that POS. It's only at .97 and so much more enjoyable

I really enjoy SW premium. Great code, great moments, fun brutal game. I know its not everyones fav. Cant wait until my mando arrives and is next to SW with all that awesome SW randy martinez art.

#21431 2 years ago

I like the art a lot! Pro looks okish but the premium mechs look friggin awesome! That bridge/ball lock mech is really cool looking.

#21443 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

here is some playfield art.
[quoted image]

now that is pretty. I like the style ZY went with. want to see LE artwork

#21605 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

deeproot, but they are "outtie"

well done sir

2 weeks later
#22041 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Whelk!
[quoted image]

Id LOVE. A final fantasy theme! If focusing on one game Id prefer 7 as Im a nut for those characters. But a compilation of all would also work.

1 month later
#22940 2 years ago

So whats the best way to get on an LE list with a distributor. I keep missing out on LEs and its starting to get to me. Ive bought like 9 pins over last 18 months(all premiums) and still cant crack the list. Is it about the volume of purchasing you do with your distrib, or about having your name on a possible LE list 3 years before that theme comes out?

#22942 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Have you bought all 9 from same distributor or from different ones each time trying to find a bargain? I have bought all my new from same guy over a 4 year period except gnr, which kind of fell my way cheaply thru a friend. You need to build a relationship in order to get benefits.

those 9 are all at one place. ive bought a few others elsewhere which brings the number up. but 9 at one place. I know theres folks that are buying more than me, but with the LE numbers getting up to 750-1000 I thought I would be able to make that list.

#22945 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you have bought 9 pins in 18 months from the same dealer and can’t get a commitment from them you are on the LE list (and probably near the top) you should tell him you aren’t buying another pin from them unless you get your LE or just find another dealer.

Ive thought about that, but at this point pinball is so hot and games sell out immidiately anyways. Theres not a ton of supply. theyll sell the games they get either way.

#22949 2 years ago

so what you guys are saying securing an LE really is about buying volume with a distrib, and not just getting on that themes list early?

#22951 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There is no guaranteed way to get an allocated LE from a dealer and each does things there own way. What we are saying is that if you buy that many games from one guy he should be willing to commit an LE to you if you ask.

Thanks I appreciate the help

#22953 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

You can also try telling a distributor that you'll pay over MSRP if you want an LE that bad. Money always talks.

good point which is possible. I dont want every LE which could be a problem, I dont want Rush for example. But I have been getting a lot of the releases. Id like to get to the point where Im on some LE lists and if for some reason I dont get an LE I at least get first run premiums. Been frustrating for mando(still waiting on day 1 order premium after missing LE) and maybe godzilla missed out on LE and first run premium.

#22956 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I have purchased 4 through the same distributor in 2 years. I get no special treatment or benefits as you say, you all are kissing ass for no reason.

Thats why I ask how to get on LE list. Is it about volume or is it about guessing the theme 2 years early and asking to be on that list first.

#22959 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I asked to get on an LE list for Rush in like February or March and was told “okay if that happens I am on the list”, but was now told that I am not on the list for the next LE even if it happens to be Rush and their LE list is full (note: bought the last 2 Elwin LE’s through them) so… I feel your pain.

I hear you. Its frustrating for sure

#23044 2 years ago

Punisher would be awesome but it would have to be brutal as hell! I wouldnt mind daredevil, fantastic four, new spidey, xmen. Theres so many

#23061 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Marvel Zombies would kill on location but for me it's all about that Xmen 97 announcement.
Tell me you aren't humming the theme song right now.

Im really excited for that show. Loved it as a kid. Have avengers so sure whatever marvel pin it is would look nice to it.

#23209 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Whack of new codes on the Stern site to support the insider program.
Noticed Iron Maiden Pro introduces a pay to play dlc Madness mode....yuck

What do you mean pay to play? Inside connected attachment?

2 weeks later
#23598 2 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I’m still hoping for a Futurama pin. Ridiculous amounts of content that would be perfect for callouts.

shut up and take my money!

2 weeks later
#24184 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

For many the complaints are too hard of a ruleset to figure out, an outlane drain monster and bad callouts/music. Game takes awhile to figure out but to me the deeper the better, made me a better player being on the difficult side and the music was fine to me but the callouts did get on my nerves at times.

Its still a great game despite its high learning curve. Shoots incredibly despite “hungry” outlanes. It maybe could use some polish but I think its great in current state

1 month later
#25489 2 years ago
Quoted from Days:

I really would love to see a as new Stern Pinball:
- DARK SOULS
there is such amazing potential as ideas , the firelink keeper callouts , the boss battles that you start at a "bonefire", a Yhorm the Giant statue on the playfield, the epic music, and i even have some good ones even if am just a simple costumer.
- He-Man
i think this one would be a great success, since there is tons of people that saw this tv show as kid and that loves pinball, and of course the first season, not then new netflix crap.
- Sant Seya
this one i have no idea if it was a tv show of success in the USA, but in Europe it was a very well known cartoons and it could be amazing.
- Twin Peaks
The first seasons of course! The mood of twin peaks is great!
- Manowar
With the artwork style of the albums like "Louder than Hell" / "Triumph of Steel" and also with musics from older albums since the new albums are really awful. But manowar is a very epic band that deserves a good flipper. But in a way as was done with Iron Maiden that Stern could show the mood of Iron Maiden on that pinball. Because for Metallica the artwork and themes are very badly choose ( imho ), they had should gone for a "master of puppets / Justice for all " art style and more sober than the art they made that makes me think of the awful art on Tales from the crypt.
Does anyone would loved to see one of this themes? [quoted image]

Dark Souls would be cool. Game would have to be brutally hard like the series. But I feel theres a bunch of video game series that deserve a pin before any Souls game. Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, etc etc etc.

1 week later
#25598 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seemed pretty hopeful until they destroyed the TV show with The Witcher Season 2. It was a complete waste of time after a strong start with Season 1.

wow I totally disagree. Season 2 was awesome and way better than season 1 imho. Im a big witcher fan as Ive read many of the original material and have played through all the games/expansions.

#25600 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I 100% completely disagree. I played all of the games and read almost everything for it and I thought season 2 was fantastic. I'm sorry that it "destroyed the tv show" for you. Maybe season 3 you will enjoy more.

Well it seems we agree and appreciate the same books and video games. Heh

1 week later
#25765 2 years ago

I think this is a good idea from Stern and will make some unhappy customers feel a little better. They are so far behind this just makes sense. I bet when the next game is announced they will have a bunch ready to ship out like Stranger Things style.

4 months later
#28935 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

This would be amazing.

Yea it would have to be approved by lucas i believe. As they got his permission to do the movie as long as they didnt do merchandising.

Would be amazing tho. One of my favorite movies ever.

Callouts when you miss a shot “shoot across her nose not up it!”

#28959 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Do we know for sure who is working on the next pin? Could it be Gomez? He has not released a corner stone it looks like since Deadpool.

I dont think anyone knows for sure but most have assumed Brian Eddy. I doubt gomez redo of Steve R game is ready yet. Im looking forward to Brian Eddys next game. Ill buy a venom if it has a fun layout

#28980 1 year ago

I agree that Mega Man is perfect for a pin. But man theres so many video games id want as pins. Resident evil, final fantasy, souls games, witcher….theres so many that would work

#28986 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

I'd love to see an Akira, Cowboy bebop, or Attack on Titan pin (though would AoT could maybe be too thematically similar to Godzilla?)... I'm sure even a Dragonball Z pin could probably be pretty rad too, in the right hands...

cowboy bebop would be my first pick but Akira would be awesome as well.

Am I the only person sad netflix cancelled cowboy bebop? I actually thought they did a decent job adapting it

#29059 1 year ago
Quoted from Triggerfish:

Ghost in the Shell would be an auto buy for me. Robotech would also be right up there.

Ghost in the shell would be awesome. But would have to be the original movie. Not the stand alone complex. Though i did enjoy that for a bit

1 week later
#29383 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Stern just tweeted they have a few new items dropping today. Mando and Godzilla topper maybe?

they said a few NEWS items. Not new items. So it could be anything. Maybe toppers and a teaser...

#29387 1 year ago

I bet some accessories come out. Would love a GZ topper

#29389 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Go to Stern's code update page and see for yourself.

indeed new code for those games are listed as of Aug 2nd

#29390 1 year ago

actually its for like all games. Maybe new IC stuff

2 weeks later
#30125 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Millennial’s are in their 30’s and 40’s now. Most of them have kids and absolutely are a big chunk of the pinball market. Y’all act like we are all still working our first jobs.

Im an older millennial with an 11 game lineup and growing. All newer games. Were around

1 week later
#30937 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Weird I thought Kaneda already said Venom was next. It’s almost like that guy just says a bunch of stuff and then afterwards pretends like he’s an insider when in reality all the people who actually work in pinball manufacturing hate him.

Well he did tease releasing the name of Steve Ritchies music pin for probably 3 months and then about a week after saying its Billy Joel has already said its not Billy Joel. Hes been right on sometimes, but many times hes just guessing like the rest of us. I find the banter fun either way

#31517 1 year ago

really hoping we get a clue tomorrow so I can decide between new stern or TNA 2.0

#31829 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

Seeing Spooky's TNA cost, anyone thinking that we'll see a price increase with the cornerstone release?

I dont think we do. I think they see whats happening at the TS4 pricepoint. I think well eventually see the increase, but not in 2022

#32107 1 year ago

Id buy a game dedicated to Casino Royale. May be the best bond movie imho. I also love goldeneye but its already had one. I think a mix of bonds would be best. Even one from each actor would be cool but thats probably too much licensing.

#32270 1 year ago

Id like this games code to be a lot like batman 66 with different villians. Lyman being gone maybe that wont happen, but id love to see jt like that. As for which bond give me connery or craig.

Casino royale is my favorite bond movie though

#32421 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I dont believe any of this to be accurate...
I expect a Premium, LE, SLE model with their respective pricing unique to this theme and pricing should continue the same for everything else.
Covid is done, manufacturing is caught up ***almost*** everywhere, with emphasis on almost, the whole supply chain thing is old news and should not warrant any more increases ALA JJP which was just corporate greed for a lame game.
I think that if they do rise prices for all, it might trigger the end of an era and a decline in the market in general. With more % and the cost of borrowing money increasing, I do not see people lining up for pins like 2 years ago.
If they do rise the prices, I believe this will definitely make a short term impact and the buyer base will immediately shrink.
I will be disappointed if they do it.

heh supply chain thing is not old news. At work our estimates to get product out is 10 times longer than usual since we rely on chips so much

5 months later
#35961 1 year ago

please be a surprise announcement for Stranger Things premium re run

5 months later
#39936 7 months ago

If its pricing like EHOH 40th and Bond 60th this thing has no chance. Bond 60th owners got burned hard with that game tanking. I dont think the apetite is there unless this game actually has gameplay changes.

#39942 7 months ago

apparantly its 500 games at 13k

#39945 7 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So, a fresh LE?

I guess. Maybe alternate art. Well see

#39965 7 months ago

Ill keep my premium. art looks cool though. That backglass art is already in the game is it not? For that mode?

#39968 7 months ago

they couldve at least updated the Jeep to real Jeep!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbrave77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.