Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#106 7 years ago

Id like to see a LOST themed pin. They have alot of material to work with, the island, time travel, the hatch, good vs evil and all the different characters are there for a great pin.

Sports wise a UFC pin would be great but dont see it selling well. Music wise a TOOL pin would be my choice followed by Pink Floyd.

My 6yr old said he wants a Star Wars Force Awakens, hes probably closer to being right on whats soon from Stern

4 years later
#11866 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

This is going to come down to the tracks they were able to get. The immersion will be nowhere near JJP GNR, so hope the layout and rule set is next level.
The one thing we know is they will be available to ship immediately.

Yep just got a Pro and was told there ready to ship. Im hoping the layout is fast but i dont expect much "toys" which i dont really care much about anyways.

#11928 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Well there’s a pin for the older generation I’m going to guess the next one is going to be targeted younger or at least with broad appeal. Don’t get me wrong I like zeppelin but I haven’t listened to them since I got to control the car radio. This will be tough sell to routers since most of the arcade bar crowd is even younger. Although most routers are hurting right now and aren’t buying games anyway. So maybe this is perfect timing! Can’t wait to see a trailer on Monday!

Have you watched Thor Ragnarok?

#12042 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My 7yr olds favorite game is Metallica. Good music doesnt have an age limit. Munsters on the other hand lol

When i told my 10 yr old i was ordering a LZ he said Immigrant Song band instantly to my 5 yr old. They love to jam to that song alot. To them its like when us 80s kids grew up to Dangerzone from Topgun movie but theres is the iconic action scene from Thor that they will always remember. My older boy use to love Sparky on MET like your little one but neither really play much pinball just Fortnite....So they might not be big pinball fans yet but they sure know who LZ is but more they know there sound then there band name. Cant say they havent asked me if Wolfmother or Greta Van Fleet was LZ when ive played them though.

2 months later
#14323 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Take it to the bank.

No shit "Hard to Kill" confirmed. I loved that movie as a kid. Im going to Steven Seagal this bitch, LOL!

#14441 3 years ago

anybody else hear mentions of Highway to the Danger Zone?

#14446 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's hope not. F-14 is enough if you have an itch to scratch.

I hope not to but have heard hints. Not really into Godzilla either but never know could be good. Would love a James Bond theme, hopefully by end 2021.

#14456 3 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Same for me. Bond is much more my kind of theme, crossing my fingers and hoping for it this year (all Bonds not just Craig in No Time To Die)
Still excited to see a Toho Godzilla, as I think it has potential to be a fun pin.

Id almost bet on when its Bonds turn they use Craig face but no movie assets like Jurassic Park so the entire game is original idea except the characters. Man hope its Bond as a summer release! Ive never been a Godzilla fan so id prefer Godzilla vs King Kong where you could chose either character to play like Transformers, im way more into King Kong then Godzilla but i havent heard Kong rumors at all.

On the TWD debate thats a game that you grow to love but still hate, then sell it, then want it back. I hated the SDTM out of the right side but man when you open up the code on that one it shines. I had a Premium but the Pro is a better smoother playing game but thats another debate, lol!

#14532 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Lawlor and Ritchie are on repeat. We know Lawlor's whimsical layout and third right flipper jackpot shot. We know Ritchie's ramps back to the flipper and lack of physical ball lock.

BKSOR premium breaks that mold pretty well.

#14535 3 years ago

Um, well, technically although it's based on 2 of his past machines.

The theme yes but layouts compared to BK and BK2000 not even close, i thought we were talking layouts. The Knight on BKSOR is the best toy ever in pinball and ive never seen him on any other games have you? No ramps on BKSOR that feed the flippers, no real flow on it either except the orbit. Has a physical ball lock in the catapult. Have you played a BKSOR premium? If you havent or have but didnt play it much you should revisit it, its a great game that caught me off guard once i got to dig into it some. Check out Bro do you talk pinball Nicks recent revisit review on the game he can articulate much better then i can.

#14537 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yes. Because the original Black Knight is still the best one

Id like to have a OG BK. I wouldnt say its the best of the 3 by any means with no depth to code but id like it to have a piece of history. Honestly if i wanted a split level id rather have Pharaoh, Grand Lizard, Solar Fire, or Jungle Lord though.

Back on topic. Godzilla, Top Gun, Bond, and Queen coming this year.

#14539 3 years ago

No idea really i just go off rumors i hear from different distributors and one guy on here that is in the know. Id love a BTTF machine though!

#14556 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Bond and Top Gun would be very difficult for me to pass on. I'll be happy if one of the two actually happens, though.

Ive heard more hints of Top Gun actually then Bond. One of the distributors has some clues in his podcasts just got to listen to little Easter eggs they throw in there shows.

Personally i dont want a Top Gun or Godzilla. If it was up to me id do a Goonies, Harry Potter, Bond, and ready for it....Fortnite with online multiplayer, it would be the next step in pinball going online with friends in squads and battling through a pinball machine. You want new eyes and a bigger future for pinball in general thats the game to make. All the old heads here would lose there mind but the new players it would bring in would be immense.

#14567 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

To me, Top Gun is an ideal theme for a fast paced pinball machine. A lot of directions and things they can use to design the game.

It can literally follow the movie storyline, or JUST be climbing the ranks in Top Gun school or JUST be combat. Lots to do.

Quoted from greenstreet:

Talk to me Goose!

I hope for you guys there is a Highway to the Danger Zone coming out soon. Put the same team that did TMNT on it with Borg going for pure speed like he did with turtles and Dwight with his great moments. You would think Ritchie for speed and flow but Borg i think would give us a better game i think personally. I doubt Elwin would be on Top Gun and Yeti would be a waste on Top Gun, its one pin that photo realism would be good on with fighter jets but please dont have Tom Cruise staring at me, lol! Ill keep my ears on the podcast for more Easter eggs and if i hear anything ill let you guys know.

#14571 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Id vote Elwin to design it and Lyman on the code.

I highly doubt that combo will ever happen. Not that i dont think it would be great.

#14581 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

They don't do video modes on Spike games, do they?

Ghostbusters, GOT, and SW do. Maybe it's a Dwight thing now.

#14586 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah it was all right initially, but it was just a ripoff of Silpheed combined with Gyruss and just slowed the game down once it wasn't really fun anymore (which was pretty quickly).

I thought it was a rip off of Timeshock video mode but that video mode is fun.

#14588 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nah. Timeshock you're in tubes where Silpheed and SW video mode everything is coming from a central point on the screen.

Ill have to look up Silpheed ive never heard of it.

Edit- I see, yes very similar to Silpheed

#14693 3 years ago

Hear 2 more Easter eggs in most recent Pinball show podcast. Topguns over at Stern and Maverick mentioned. Thats a few shows in a row with hints related to TopGun from Zack Meny.

#14734 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

SW Pro. I'd love an EHOH but can't swing it.

I see you post this often so you got me wondering who your distributor is? Hopefully who ever it is gets you your game ASAP because my distributor has comic and OG pros in stock.

#14918 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Tripped balls and watched this one night. Recommended!

Strangers passing in the street, By chance, two separate glances meet, And I am you and what I see is me. I think you and me are the same...i was there with you buddy many moons ago! My favorite version of Echoes ever and Saucer full of Secrets drumming, my god i get goosebumps just thinking about it!!!

#15002 3 years ago

It'd be pretty damn cool to have to find the Loot Llama to start multiball. The more shots you hit, the better the weapon upgrade. Modes are map locations. Hell, lay it out like JP in the center play field.
Of course finally internet co op / vs. I'd work.

Instant LE buy at my house! My kids would FREAK out!!! Ive spent more money on that game then a Stern Pro probably. Imagine online 4 vs 4 battles somehow being coded with chat. It would be Epic(pun). I tell them everytime a new game comes here its Fortnite and there always like really and run downstairs to check. Almost had them fooled with Black Knight saying it was BK from the game but didnt work. It would be one the only themes to bring in the young crowd for the sake of future pinball in general because were not getting any younger and eventually they will be the present buying pinball machines and i dont know any kids that like pinball more then a few games then they just ignore them and go play Fortnite, CoD, or something online with there friends. Pinball needs to evolve using the internet or it will go away over time as it once did before almost.

#15070 3 years ago

I still think its going to be Highway to the Danger Zone...

1 week later
#15613 3 years ago

No love for Beverly Hills Cop trilogy? LOL!!!

#15615 3 years ago
Quoted from Biv:

best Trilogy?
Riddick of course!
Well, maybe not, but hey, it's Dwayne Johnson best Role!

Vin Diesel

#15702 3 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Flashbacks!!!! Dont forget about GIJoe...

1 week later
#15764 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I'm fairly interested in the rumors floating around so I checked with my distie and put in a reservation for an LE, next announcement is late April to early May.
This is the way.

Id be in on a Mando LE!

When one chooses to walk the Way of the Mandalore, you are both hunter and prey!

#15767 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I doubt this is the upcoming pin, but I would be very curious!

dri that i quoted said "this is the way'' which is a quote from the show and he just talked to his distributor so anything is possible.

"I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold"

2 weeks later
#17261 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

It’s not a few people, many have struggles with JJP games losing the ball and wide body ball meandering problems. The narrow bodies are somewhat better, but still have ball loss. Where does the ball go on the left side of Dialed In for example? You have to listen for the trap door to open, because you can’t see it. I don’t hate JJP at all, so its not a fair assessment as I’ve purchased and enjoyed to some degree, even with all the maintence issues, some of their machines, even though they don’t shoot that well. As light boxes, they can’t be beat. Have played the heck out of WOZ to know the shot geometry has problems. There is a reason JJP located a post right in the middle of the 2 flippers on WOZ, because of shot geometry problems. How many other companies have you seen do that, place a post in the middle of the 2 flippers? Answer: none.
Are you really going to buy Mando PanzerFreak with your hate for most all Stern tables and Stern in general? Give in to the love and you’ll open your eyes to what others have to offer, hehehe.

Basically every manufacture has put a center post between the flippers at some point and especially if Joe Balcer worked on the machine. Not that i dont agree that WOZ(worst NIB for me ever by far) is not a good shooting flowing pin but the center post has zero to do with flawed design its a Balcer trademark like video modes is a Dwight Sullivan thing anymore.

#17507 2 years ago

YES!!!!

#17530 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

That youtube tease says coming soon, not coming next....

I just talked to my distributor, its next and its a good one compared to there last release i was told. Also there is LE, Premium, Pro model so not a homepin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phbooms.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=phbooms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.