IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14612 3 years ago

My vote for the next stern pin is He-Man

2 weeks later
#15525 3 years ago

I watched Godzilla vs Kong last night. What a shitty movie. If they make a Godzilla pin it’s gonna flop

#15527 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Idk, I LOVE the Shadow but the movie is garbage.

Good point. I don’t think a lot of people even know that The Shadow is a movie. At first anyway. I think most people fell in love with that pin first, and then realized it was a movie and after watching the movie thought the movie sucked. But the first love came from the pin.

In this case everyone will watch Godzilla first and if they don’t like the movie, it may leave a bad taste in their mouth when they try the pin.

I don’t know. I really expected a better film given that it is one of the only “blockbusters” this year and that many movie theaters are opening tomorrow solely for this release

#15576 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

name a better one...

Blade

#15611 3 years ago

They should make a game based on Bitcoin. The scoring would be all over the place. Talk about risk reward. I’m somewhat joking but I think it could be a decent and original theme.

1 week later
#15801 3 years ago

I know it will never happen but Schitt$ Creek would be a fun theme. So many funny call outs. A few ways you could play the pin based on the characters in the show. If you haven’t watched it yet check it out

#15804 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Eugene Levy and Catherine Ohara you expect great things from, but the actress that plays Stevie was a total surprise. Awesome in that show, and her performance in the 12 monkeys TV show she was also in was FANTASTIC.

Couldn’t agree more. Stevie was great. Kevin was my favorite

#15815 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Kevin? It's been a while, not sure who you're talking about...

Damn. I watched an episode of Shameless and got mixed up lol

1 week later
#16433 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I always considered classic rock to be rock music from the 60s and 70s. But that is probably technically incorrect.
It may be a rolling range - rock music made over 40 years ago. For example, rock music made today in 2060 would be called 'classic rock'?

I was listening to a Classic Rock station today and they played Green Day and STP. I’m getting old

2 months later
#19055 2 years ago

Where did all the BTTF talk start? Is everyone just trying to wish it into existence or was there a legit leak at one point in the past?

1 month later
#20209 2 years ago

The NIB price increase will continue to fuel the rising prices for used games

2 months later
#22523 2 years ago

Literally anything but Rush

#22530 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Here’s what I (and many others) think of Rush:
Rush is what actual musicians like to refer to as a “Jack off wank band” …too many f’n notes, too many solos…style over substance. Flaunty Jaunty nerdy faux musical wizardry. These guys never got laid. Being a Rush fan is the equivalent of getting a hard on doing long division.
Prog bands that are actually good:
King Crimson
Magma
Soft Machine
Premiata Forneria Macaroni (PFM)
Ill Baletto di Bronzo
Alphataurus
Captain Beyond
Hawkwind
Yes
For real fans of the prog genre Rush doesn’t even place in top 100.

Here’s my take. You have jjp gnr and whether you are a jjp fanboy or wanna hate the game because it’s the cool thing to do, the pin rocks. Sound, lights, and number of songs. It set the new precedent for rock pins. For Stern to make Led Zeppelin a dud (my opinion) and to follow up with Rush is just a really bad choice. Lots of bands would appeal to a variety of people, Rush just isn’t one of them. #Facts

#22536 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Funny you should bring up JJP GNR. I had a chance to put a few hours on one and I absolutely hated it. My top pick for rock related pins are IMDN and…that’s it. The rest are lame.

I like IMDN but was never a fan of the music. I have a GNR and I think the gameplay is going to get boring without some serious code updates. But what I mean is the sound lights and number of songs. You get 21 or 22 songs and the pin sound quality is much better than metallica or AC/DC and even IMDN

1 month later
#23743 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I know ,back to Rush .This is a hard one as far as what style of game it will be.This was not a big production act .The few times I’ve seen them it was just walk out and jam in front of a 97% male audience with Rush t-shirts on .With only 3 members ,Id imagine they will have they’re own areas of the playfield .I would love a drum set rising from the PF .Maybe the bass drum as a bash toy with everything else up and out of the way so you still have a path to all the shots .Bottom line is it will be interesting to see what’s in it .

It should contain no less than 25 cymbals and more pop bumpers than any game ever

#24006 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Now that Danger is officially part of the Stern design team...
Rush - Borg
Venom - Eddy
BTTF - Elwin
Bond - Gomez
Foofighters - Danger

They’d be setting Danger up for failure if they were to assign him foo fighters. No way they do that

#24013 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m sure Iron Maiden wasn’t a preferred theme for Elwin but he knocked it out

Well it’s Elwin and Iron Maiden versus Danger and foo fighters. Obviously money is on Elwin to create the better pin. Foo fighters is a cool band but worthy of a pin? Not in my opinion. Give me Motley Crue, Ozzy, Def Leppard or another band with mega hits. Or better yet take a break from band pins altogether.

#24057 2 years ago

Foo fighters has a lot of B grade hits. A lot. And I really like foo fighters. Nickleback had a lot of B grade hits too. Should they get a pin?

#24059 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Pokémon would be a huge hit. The gameplay would make for some epic code…

I totally agree. I was too old for Pokémon but I get how this would make a terrific pin. My son is into it. I bet it would rake in the dough on location

2 weeks later
#24514 2 years ago

Looks cool but not a fan of flashers on the slings. Can’t wait to play it

#24588 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Was never a Rush fan as I was only into the radio played jams. I can not wait to be exposed to the 10-13 songs that are not as familiar to me.
This was a similar situation with Iron Madian and now I am a huge fan.
Metallica, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Zeppelin and GNR where bands i was a fan of before the pins.
All in on Rush!

$100 says you are selling your LE within 3 months for $$$

#24592 2 years ago

Taking a look at the playfield, why are there no cliffys on the scoops?? Seriously wtf Stern. Sorry don’t mean to be picky but everyone and their mother’s uncle knows what will happen if the scoop isn’t protected. I guess the bright side it keeps Cliff in business

#24614 2 years ago

I once saw haggar open for Roth. They took turns on who opened that tour. Between them both they sang every Van Halen song. One of the best concerts ever. I remember haggar being head and shoulders better. Whether it was his personal stuff or him singing Van Halen. Roth embarrassed himself, falling during a super kick and forgetting lyrics. I like the haggar Van Halen songs better also

That said I think a Van Halen pin featuring both artist would break records

#24687 2 years ago

Ozzy or Black Sabbath would break records

#24846 2 years ago

I would rather an Ozzy pin than Sabbath. I only know the mainstream Sabbath songs. I feel like Ozzy himself has 3x as many hits. I need crazy train multiball!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24909 2 years ago

Anyone remember the Choose Your Own Adventure books? It would be cool to have a pin that had the depth to go in different directions depending on how you play it. Maybe there are games like this and I just can’t think of them. I haven’t had a coffee
yet

#24971 2 years ago

Get a room you two! Lol

#24988 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

A pokemon game where Insider Connected could store saved game states (characters collected, previous trainings, completed battles, etc) would be a huge hit. I dare think it could be one thing that could challenge kiddie gambling machines. There is a shocking following of the old DS versions of pokemon, not to mention the semi recent lunacy around that AR phone game. It's not something I would play, but I think it would be the single hit title that could hook a whole new generation of pinball enthusiasts.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Pokemon combined with rotating rosters of pokemon to capture at different geographic locations would print money. Something like a cross between pokemon and pokemon go. People would be obsessed to find all the location machines when they're traveling just to get a chance at capturing a pokemon they don't have.

Quoted from RobF:

Yep, or special events. You could drive all kinds of foot traffic. I know D&B could get behind that. Think of show attendance; special edition XYZ available on day 1 of TPF only. Really, the possibilities are limitless.

The possibilities are endless. To me this is a no brainer

4 weeks later
#25585 2 years ago

When you guys refer to “code words”, where does this code word originate from? For instance where did venom come from?

#25593 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sometimes it only becomes clear in hindsight. Here's a list of prior code words for pins...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/415#post-6482253

So basically someone starts a rumor that “venom” is coming. Then we figure out it meant cobra kai or snakes on a plane or something. Got it

3 months later
#27337 1 year ago

For the life of me I cannot think of what a cobra Kai pin would play like

1 week later
#27463 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

. . . but there's no such thing as a good Sega.

You need to find and play a Baywatch and Maverick

#27476 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I literally just played "The Power of Love" on my phone speaker while riding my OneWheel for a beer run. It's dog walking hour. Lots of adults totally got it and smiled, but still wondered WTF I was riding that acts like a real hoverboard.
[quoted image]

I love my Onewheel! Too many beers and I feel the power of a nosedive

1 month later
#28329 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I love how people will just downvote facts on here. Very funny.

Nothing you said was a fact. So there’s that

1 month later
#30316 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Cropped out the rest of the email since it’s none of your bizzzznessss. Also I DO know what game it is now ( but not from this email) and I’m not saying what it is but I WILL SAY it’s nooooot f’n BTTF, k?!?!
[quoted image]

So say what it is then…

#30524 1 year ago

Halloween is terrible. Just stop. Poor flow. Inlanes are blocked by the plastics….I hate that. The whole left side of the playfield is a waste. The upper playfields are not fun. I get what they were trying to do but that is their worst game yet.

Back to the normal programming….fingers crossed for Jaws or BTTF

#31283 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I can hardly bear to respond to all of the inaccurate points of your last message but I WIL say that my two spooky games have more in them than my 6 Stern spike 2’s combined. HWN itself is about as stacked as JJP Pirates.

Have we had enough of this already

3 weeks later
#33166 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

With a ratio THIS LOW Tyler_Durden ought to be considered a troll and banned. He must have WORKED to get a ratio this low. Way to pollute the space with pure Bologna. No one is impressed.
[quoted image]

Mr. 75% throwing stones

1 month later
#33882 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wait did you ❤️ your own post?

4 months later
#36565 1 year ago

The last thing we want is for Stern to go public. If they did you can kiss quality goodbye. Profit margin becomes top priority more than it already is.

4 months later
#38922 9 months ago

The playfield design is not my cup of tea. A fan layout on steroids

4 weeks later
#39906 8 months ago

I spoke to my distributor today and they are hearing the rumor that Jaws is next. Also confirmed that Venom is one of the biggest duds in a while. Plenty of LE’s available

#40124 8 months ago

Baywatch has a cool video mode with the water skier.

1 month later
#41365 6 months ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Tell me a good at 10k that is not an investment.

A car

#41393 6 months ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

If my purchase appreciates but then after the fact they decide to mass produce it and destroy the value, that's trash because then I can't win.

Are you upset about this? There’s a thread for that

2 months later
#42909 4 months ago

I feel like spooky shoots themselves in the foot with releasing two different games with the same layout. Even if they were both themes I like, I wouldn’t buy them, or own them at the same time because of the repetitive layout.

#42920 4 months ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

But I think this way they have two very different IPs that will appeal to different people and don't have to design/build a different game.
Sure they lose sales from people that would maybe buy both if they had different layouts but that's got to be a very few buyers vs the number of people who might buy one but definitely not the other.
No?

Clearly there is cost savings by keeping the same layout. And it doesn’t matter at the end of the day if they are selling out each model. But if they aren’t selling out each model, all 888 units of each, then I guess I don't see the benefit of having two identical layouts. If FF and GZ shared the same layout I wouldn’t own both at the same time. Like I wouldn’t own MET and Guardians. To each there own though. Just my worthless 2 cents

1 week later
#43211 4 months ago

K-man hearing Jaws teaser (basically acknowledging the theme) tomorrow the 15th and reveal Tuesday the 19th.

Looks like your boy is wrong again

2 weeks later
#43707 3 months ago

Can’t wait for the game trailer. I grew up watching Jaws and this theme hits home to me better than most. Fingers are crossed for at least some movie assets

2 months later
#45975 26 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm not saying I'm a topper guy, just trying to compare apples to apples, and if you think Stern offers you such a better bang for your buck then go for it. I feel JJP gives you way more bang for the money. There I said it

JJP has to be over the top with “extras” because their code is second tier and doesn’t get updated

2 weeks later
#46667 7 days ago

Black Knight Sword of Rage is coming back babyyyyyy! Super small limited run. June 2024. Better call your favorite distro asap.

No one wanted it when the price was $5,500 so not sure there will be an appetite at $7,000

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.